*post 300*

CC.SD
08-20-2008, 03:08 PM
New England @ San Diego-week 6

/thread.

eaglesfan_45
08-20-2008, 03:13 PM
Week 2:

Eagles at Cowboys Monday Night football.

Both teams are 1-0 (most likely) and you've got the Eagles a team revived after a great off-season and the Cowboys the great team with the fragile psyche. This game is likely going to be a close one and the team that wins will be the NFC East leaders (or tied for the 1st spot) while the other drops in the standings. The Eagles have a young team (with the exception of QB, FS, OT) that could easily crash underneath the national spotlight and the Cowboys have a team that could explode in front of all of America. Both teams will be dieing to get at eachother. Asante Samuel will be itching to play his first big-time game with the Eagles and wants to prove that he was worth the money. He will be going up against TO who would love to beat the Eagles again. The Eagles recently lost Kevin Curtis for 8 weeks so DeSean Jackson will likely be a starter and McNabbs #1 WR target with Reggie Brown being injured. DeSean has a thing for drama and this will be his shot to prove the doubters wrong against the NFC's top team on a national stage. Then add that the Cowboys lost that last game v.s. the Eagles and will likely be looking to avenge the loss.

Dam8610
08-20-2008, 03:16 PM
You left off the game that always gets enough hype for America to collectively gag on. Patriots @ Colts.

Geo
08-20-2008, 03:16 PM
Dallas opens at Cleveland, granted the Browns pass defense will probably still disappoint, but could pull off a win at home with a few bounces their way and the offense scoring touchdowns. The Cowboys pass defense isn't looking too hot, for what that is worth in the preseason.

CC.SD
08-20-2008, 03:18 PM
You left off the game that always gets enough hype for America to collectively gag on. Patriots @ Colts.

No he didn't.

Looking at the schedules, it's pretty likely that the Pats and Bolts will both be undefeated when they play each other, so that should add some more fun to Oct. 12.

Flyboy
08-20-2008, 03:27 PM
SD "@" NO.

Eagles own the NFC East
08-20-2008, 03:38 PM
Are the Patriots and Colts not playing each other for the first time this season? It seems like every year that is the game to watch.

eaglesfan_45
08-20-2008, 03:41 PM
They are playing eachother and it has been mentioned twice in this thread already.

Burns336
08-20-2008, 03:51 PM
Dallas opens at Cleveland, granted the Browns pass defense will probably still disappoint, but could pull off a win at home with a few bounces their way and the offense scoring touchdowns. The Cowboys pass defense isn't looking too hot, for what that is worth in the preseason.

Cleveland's secondary has looked just as bad... Hard to tell when no one is blizting. These defenses are all just vanilla right now.

I have a feeling that the game is going to be a blow out. Even with a blitz, they don't have anyone in the secondary of note. I personally think its a 35-10 type of game.

Eagles will be the real tough test early on for the boys. I think Eagles have a bit of a bounce back this year. Although the injuries to WR's aren't helping at the moment. They aren't very good as is and now McNabb is going it with a hampered Reggie Brown as his #1.

Eagles own the NFC East
08-20-2008, 04:20 PM
They are playing eachother and it has been mentioned twice in this thread already.

damn what happened to your rep (sorry for the irrelevant comment but when i was away for a while your rep wasnt close to that bad.

diabsoule
08-20-2008, 04:25 PM
SD "@" NO.

Our D is going to be really tested in this game.

eaglesfan_45
08-20-2008, 04:28 PM
damn what happened to your rep (sorry for the irrelevant comment but when i was away for a while your rep wasnt close to that bad.

D-Unit happened, he was the big part took like 150 something points otherwise it was a buch of other guy just -repping me. It was my fault, I argued with Giants fans (had good arguments) but they wouldn't listen, I annoyed th ecrap out of a few people in the Brett Farve thread and I said that Jacob Hester owned the cowboys (jokinly) and then some random guy nemed libid keeps -repping me and I don't know who he is :confused: oh and I called woot canadian, but I don't care at this point lol.

PACKmanN
08-20-2008, 04:33 PM
week 1: MIN vs GB

IMO, this game will make headlines.

Dr. Gonzo
08-20-2008, 04:36 PM
week 1: MIN vs GB

IMO, this game will make headlines.

It will indeed be fun to watch Jared Allen break the all time sack record for a game and Aaron Rodgers throwing 5 picks.

WMD
08-20-2008, 04:52 PM
Week 16, December 21st.

Miami Dolphins @ Kansas City Chiefs. Potential Battle for the #1 Overall Pick.

Strawdog
08-20-2008, 05:05 PM
Aside from the more obvious ones mentioned earlier. Some games I'm personally interested in watching right now.

Week 5: Pittsburgh at Jacksonville - Really enjoyed watching these games last year
Week 6: NY Giants at Cleveland - Both teams exceeded expectations last year, both teams are out to prove it was because the expectations were wrong and not a fluke. Giants on the road (+), but Cleveland coming off a bye (+).
Week 12: Buffalo at Kansas City - Homer pick; I think this is the game Kansas City can best show its progress. Late in the season against a team that should still be in the playoff hunt but still capable of being surprised by a young team with 10 games under the belt.

LonghornsLegend
08-20-2008, 05:16 PM

For some reason I'm looking forward to this game more then the others really...We could easily get lit up through the air this week, and I'm curious if we end up in another shootout like last year when we opened up vs NY or if we will actually make some stops this game, nice to show off our secondary versus all those weapons and see how guys stack up.

Outside of my team, the first Jets/Pats game should be pretty crazy, no way I'm missing that one.

scottyboy
08-20-2008, 06:11 PM
every NFC East game is normally fun to watch. granted all inter-division games are, but the NFC east games are pretty intense.

Every Giants/Cowboys game, I look forward too with excitement and a stomach full of butterflies. Cowboys are a good team and have been the last few years and I love watching Dallas/NYG. Excellent rivalry IMO. Even though they tend to own us in the regular season, we'll take the 3rd game every time ;)

oh, but I still hate their guts! ******* cowgirls

(but that's just natural, ask them, it's true)

neko4
08-20-2008, 07:18 PM
It will indeed be fun to watch Jared Allen break the all time sack record for a game and Aaron Rodgers throwing 5 picks.
Getting a little cocky arent we Queens fans?

neko4
08-20-2008, 07:19 PM
Outside of my team, the first Jets/Pats game should be pretty crazy, no way I'm missing that one.

Favre v Brady should be big, especially since Favre plays on the rival team now

Dr. Gonzo
08-20-2008, 07:23 PM
Getting a little cocky arent we Queens fans?

I did place a sig bet on us winning. I would not call it cockiness as much as just really hating the Packers.

yo123
08-20-2008, 07:26 PM
I'm really getting nervous about the Viking hype. IMO this team could finish anwhere from 7-9 to 11-5.

TJacobs41
08-20-2008, 07:52 PM
I like New York at Dallas

should be an awesome game to watch!!

TheBuffaloBills
08-20-2008, 07:55 PM
Browns @ Bills

Monday Nighter....... These teams are on the rise.... And you all know what show the Bills put on against Dallas on that monday nighter...... Though we lost, but it was one for the ages

TJacobs41
08-20-2008, 08:13 PM
Browns @ Bills

Monday Nighter....... These teams are on the rise.... And you all know what show the Bills put on against Dallas on that monday nighter...... Though we lost, but it was one for the ages

Could be a good one to watch....

I am really liking the Browns this year!

Dam8610
08-21-2008, 12:23 AM
No he didn't.

Looking at the schedules, it's pretty likely that the Pats and Bolts will both be undefeated when they play each other, so that should add some more fun to Oct. 12.

Uh, yeah, he did leave it off. If you don't believe it's worthy of being mentioned, say that, but considering the game was called Super Bowl 41.5 last year, I'd say the hype is ridiculous and annoying for a regular season game.

CC.SD
08-21-2008, 12:28 AM
Uh, yeah, he did leave it off. If you don't believe it's worthy of being mentioned, say that, but considering the game was called Super Bowl 41.5 last year, I'd say the hype is ridiculous and annoying for a regular season game.

Easy bucko. He didn't leave it off, that's all I said. Chiiiiiiiiiill. I was the first response in this thread and I'm 99.9% certain it was there. I didn't even comment on that game or its "worthiness."

PACKmanN
08-21-2008, 12:29 AM

Well you can dream, while I will live in realty and watch the Packers put a beating on your Queens like they always do.

And you can look at my sig and see who really will get owned.

Dr. Gonzo
08-21-2008, 12:36 AM
Well you can dream, while I will live in realty and watch the Packers put a beating on your Queens like they always do.

Hahaha. Way to find one play with Jared Allen getting blocked and use that as a reason why you think the Packers will own him. Well done.

SuperDraftGeek2008
08-21-2008, 12:47 AM
I cant wait for Dolphins Patriots it should be a real slobberknocker!

PACKmanN
08-21-2008, 12:47 AM
Hahaha. Way to find one play with Jared Allen getting blocked and use that as a reason why you think the Packers will own him. Well done.

well the only thing Allen did vs Chad was .5 sack...

Dr. Gonzo
08-21-2008, 12:52 AM
well the only thing Allen did vs Chad was .5 sack...

We shall see what he does beside the Williams.

yodabear
08-21-2008, 01:06 AM
Miami @ St. Louis, should be a tough matchup with the two worst teams last year going at it.

San Francisco @ St. Louis and St. Louis @ San Francisco, see who finishes last in the NFC West

St. Louis @ Atlanta, week 17, could be a matchup like Houston and San Fran game a couple years ago.....

St. Louis @ New England, re-match of Super Bowl 36, well thats not a reason to watch, but it could be fun to see how bad the Pats beat us and see how many TB and RM have.

Dallas @ St. Louis, Same reason, see if Dallas can reach triple digits.

OzTitan
08-21-2008, 01:06 AM
I wouldn't really call that "owned" at all, Packmann. It was a running play right? he wasn't engaging the blocker, he was concentrating on the ball carrier. And even then, it looks like he wasn't exactly resisting being twisted around as the ball carrier went behind him. If anything there was a slight hold in there as well. Anyway, it's not like he was planted on his ass in pass blocking or something.

PACKmanN
08-21-2008, 11:18 AM
I wouldn't really call that "owned" at all, Packmann. It was a running play right? he wasn't engaging the blocker, he was concentrating on the ball carrier. And even then, it looks like he wasn't exactly resisting being twisted around as the ball carrier went behind him. If anything there was a slight hold in there as well. Anyway, it's not like he was planted on his ass in pass blocking or something.

In order to get to the ball carrier he must beat his blocker, but as you can see, Chad threw him around like a rag doll.

bored of education
08-21-2008, 11:53 AM
I would say any game the Steelers play. They are my most intriguing team this year. I feel as if they go 10-6 or 11-5 will mean alot going into the post season.

Geo
08-21-2008, 11:57 AM
I don't think any team in the AFC North division goes 11-5, and probably not 10-6 either. 9-7 might get it done.

And as crazy as it sounds, don't write off the Bengals imo.

bored of education
08-21-2008, 12:04 PM
I don't think any team in the AFC North division goes 11-5, and probably not 10-6 either. 9-7 might get it done.

Most intriguing division this year for sure.

Diehard
08-21-2008, 12:11 PM
Week 1 - NYJ @ MIA

These teams struggled last year, but the offseason has turned this matchup into an interesting one. Is this a must win game for the Jets?

Week 3 - NO @ DEN

Homer pick and potential air show. If you're a betting man, taking the "over" might be a wise move...

PalmerToCJ
08-21-2008, 01:43 PM

Agreed completely. Only one AFCN team sees the playoffs in all probability. The Steelers own the division at this point, Big Ben has never lost to the Browns. He's only lost twice to the Bengals. I know every team is a little different this year but it still remains that the Steelers have had a choke hold on the division. I see no reason to not expect them to continue.

I do agree the Bengals have a shot, just hinges on a lot of 'Ifs'. More on the offensive side, IMO. If Chris Perry stays healthy and Utecht performs well (along with health at WR). We will have a very efficient and explosive offense, capable in any situation. Putting our defense on the field less and putting them in better situations.

DMWSackMachine
08-21-2008, 01:54 PM
This conversation begins and ends with Pats vs. Colts. These regular season games over the last 4 seasons have been some of the best in NFL history. Every time its a epic battle between the two, and mesmerizing football.

After that, I would say DAL/GB, NE/SD, IND@JAX, NYG@DAL, and maybe SD/IND that are the most intriguing matchups.

D-Unit
08-21-2008, 01:54 PM
DMW, check your PMs.

Geo
08-21-2008, 02:05 PM
Why I think the Bengals have a real shot to win the division this year:

1. We're going to see the best Bengals' offensive line since 2005. Losing Steinbach hurt Cincy and helped Cleveland, but injuries in the last two years have helped developed younger talent into very capable starters now.

2. The defense will be better this year. Mike Zimmer will help improve, as will having healthy linebackers and better talent on the defensive line. Losing Madieu Williams hurts, but at least the two young starting corners are more experienced.

3. The Ravens, with their defense healthy, aren't going to be as easy a sweep as last year. Although their offensive line could be ugly for the first month or so.

4. The Steelers' offensive line and defense line could be their biggest concerns this year.

5. Shaun Rogers and Corey Williams will help the Browns stop the run better, but how much are they going to help the pass defense?

Note: The Chad Johnson injury is not good at all though. And the Bengals want more than they are seeing from rookie wide receivers Jerome Simpson and Andre Caldwell. The signing of Chris Henry, despite suspended for the first four games of the season, reflects serious concerns.

WinslowEdwards19
08-21-2008, 02:12 PM
Cleveland needs to take week two against Pittsburgh..

diesel
08-27-2008, 11:53 AM
Personally I can't wait for Dallas @ Pittsburgh Dec. 7.

TitleTown088
08-27-2008, 12:13 PM

The packers currently have Hawk, Pickett, Harrell, KGB, James Jones, Sitton( who was likely going to be the starter) who may not make the opener, I'd choose your words carefully right now. With that many Defensive players out the Vikings could rush at will.

BlindSite
08-27-2008, 06:10 PM
I didn't think that KGB or Harrell even played running downs?

Vox Populi
08-27-2008, 07:31 PM
For me it will be the Monday Night game on November 21st between Buffalo and Cleveland in Buffalo because I'll be there freezing to death cheering on the Bills.

The game could have some serious playoff implications later on in the year for both teams. Buffalo should be in the wildcard mix as the season goes on and a win here would put them a lot closer to getting the 5th or 6th seed. Cleveland is in the same boat, but in a much more wide open division, a win or a loss here could potentially mean playing at home wildcard weekend or playing on the road, and for a playoff starved Cleveland club, a playoff home game would be a big deal.

I needed to talk about the game I'll be at, sorry.

edit. It could also be a huge game for the Bills returning from a home game in Toronto the week before. The fans will want to show how much more Buffalo means to them than the citizens of Toronto.

GB12
08-27-2008, 07:39 PM
The packers currently have Hawk, Pickett, Harrell, KGB, James Jones, Sitton( who was likely going to be the starter) who may not make the opener, I'd choose your words carefully right now. With that many Defensive players out the Vikings could rush at will.
Hawk is very close to being ready, he's being held out if tomorrow's game because there's no reason to risk it in a meaningless game, but I'd be shocked if he misses the opener. Pickett is supposed to be back aswell. Harrell is out for 6 weeks, but we still have Johnny Jolly who's our starter anyway and Colin Cole who was ahead of Harrell on the depth chart. KGB will be missed as a pass rusher, but come on it's Tavaris Jackson. James Jones is out but our WR position is still better than 80% of the league even without him. I'd much rather have Jones in there, but now Ruvell Martin and Jordy Nelson each just move up a spot, we should be fine.
Sitton probably would have been the starter at RG, but it's not like he was so far ahead of the other guys. We'll go back to a line we used last year with either Colledge or Coston starting.

Hawk and Pickett are the only ones I'd really be worried about if they can't play, but all signs are pointing to them starting the opener.

KGB doesn't. Cullen Jenkins is our starting DE, KGB comes in at left end on passing downs with Jenkins moving inside. Harrell would be playing on running downs and passing downs. As I said above though Pickett, Jolly, and Cole are still ahead of him.

TitleTown088
08-27-2008, 09:11 PM

Err... Hawk and Pickett are the starters, don't help to much to stop the one of the best rushes in the league when your starting DT and a WILL are out. The other guys were there to show the Packers have zero depth on defense as of right now.

-Hopefully Hawk will be back, I haven't seen much indicating he's so close to being back however. Maybe I missed it somewhere?

-Pickett may very well be well enough to return but he's still sat out the entire training camp and pre season, and is likely not in football shape.

-Jolly is the starter and has shown to be a fine player, but there is nothing behind him to rotate in.

- Colin Cole is nothing to write home about.

Unbiased
08-27-2008, 09:31 PM
Browns @ Bills

You weren't lying about that whole "I'm a comedian," thing...

Menardo75
08-27-2008, 11:18 PM
Any 49ers-Rams game :) jk Any of the AFC south games should be pretty good. Also one of the Bengals Browns games should be good if you like offense

Xonraider
08-27-2008, 11:39 PM
Watch out for Jamarcus Russell, Darren McFadden, Michael Bush, Nnamdi Asomugha, Michael Huff, Kirk Morrison, Thomas Howard, DeAngelo Hall, Zach Miller, Javon Walker, Justin Fargas and of course... Shane Lechler and Sebastian Janikowski come week one against the Broncos.

08-27-2008, 11:47 PM
Watch out for Jamarcus Russell, Darren McFadden, Michael Bush, Nnamdi Asomugha, Michael Huff, Kirk Morrison, Thomas Howard, DeAngelo Hall, Zach Miller, Javon Walker, Justin Fargas and of course... Shane Lechler and Sebastian Janikowski come week one against the Broncos.

Yeah, primetime baby ! :)

BlindSite
08-28-2008, 01:57 AM
Err... Hawk and Pickett are the starters, don't help to much to stop the one of the best rushes in the league when your starting DT and a WILL are out. The other guys were there to show the Packers have zero depth on defense as of right now.

-Hopefully Hawk will be back, I haven't seen much indicating he's so close to being back however. Maybe I missed it somewhere?

-Pickett may very well be well enough to return but he's still sat out the entire training camp and pre season, and is likely not in football shape.

-Jolly is the starter and has shown to be a fine player, but there is nothing behind him to rotate in.

- Colin Cole is nothing to write home about.

I know! I just didn't realise the loss of Harrell who's done nothing thus far in his career and KGB who is a passing down specialist was all that big of a deal...