PDA

View Full Version : Backup QB Situation

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
08-21-2008, 01:57 PM
Hey guys,

I haven't been around the board that much this summer, but I was wondering how the battle for the backup QB job is going. How have Matt Cassel, Matt Gutierrez, and Kevin O'Connell looked thus far in training camp and the preseason games? Who looks to be the odd man out? Will someone be on the practice squad after the preseason is over?

Hines
08-21-2008, 02:32 PM
I have a question also. I didnt want to start a new thread, but I was wondering how Vince Redd was coming along. Is he projected to make the team? Start? Any info would be very helpful.

Wootylicous
08-24-2008, 01:33 PM
I have a question also. I didnt want to start a new thread, but I was wondering how Vince Redd was coming along. Is he projected to make the team? Start? Any info would be very helpful.

I would gladly give him a spot on my 53 man roster. He looked real strong on special teams and at OLB. He looked like he belonged out there. He was consistently rushing the qb and I would say like 55-60% of the time I saw him he got around the tackle and forced the qb to make a play. I honestly think he is a FA steal! :D and for the moment he is likely a backup. I really like him.

Wootylicous
08-24-2008, 01:37 PM
Hey guys,

I haven't been around the board that much this summer, but I was wondering how the battle for the backup QB job is going. How have Matt Cassel, Matt Gutierrez, and Kevin O'Connell looked thus far in training camp and the preseason games? Who looks to be the odd man out? Will someone be on the practice squad after the preseason is over?

O'Connell looks pretty good. A good candidate who could learn some valuable experience with a mentor like Brady. This kid has vision out on the field and he does have big arm and looks really mobile.