PDA

View Full Version : Shawne Merriman

bantx
08-22-2008, 11:57 AM
I know we know his situation i think that he should really take the year off to get his knee fully healed, i know its a big blow to our defense but he has another chance of getting hit in the knees again even if he does get the minor knee surgery he could potentially make the knee even worse.

bergo23
08-24-2008, 09:29 AM
His medical advice is obviously that he get the major reconstructive surgery and get ready for 2009......I think sooner rather than later its his best option......especially with so much riding on 2009 being his walk year. I love the guy but he is not superhuman, and will only hurt the Bolts in 2008, I don't think he will be a very good "decoy" once people see him on film with this injury.

Hello, Tucker and Harris.......hopefully they can become a good two headed monster and Phillips stays healthy.

JK17
08-25-2008, 04:44 PM
I'd agree. It sucks losing Shawne for a super bowl run (potentially), but at this point, you have to think about the long term. I'm all for trying to push through an injury if you can (and only if you really can), but it would be dumb for him to do it. Nothing guarantees he can be effective playing with this injury this season, so there is no sense to risk ending his career over it. Take the year off, get the surgery, and come back healthy. If I'm correct he's not even 25 yet.

bantx
08-25-2008, 04:49 PM
Thing is he knows he could not get resigns after his contract is up in 2009, I dont know if thats what makes him want to play this season, but im really hoping he just gets to surgery for the future of his career.

Thunder&Lightning
08-28-2008, 03:43 PM
“The guy has a lot of heart,” running back LaDainian Tomlinson said. “How do you tell a warrior to sit down?

Those words that LT said sum up what merriman is about. I do not agree with the desicion of him risking his career for one year of play but he is a warrior and how can you tell a warrior to sit out of a battle? The bolts are much better with merriman but I think they can be good without him. I wish he sat out this season and came back next year 100%. If he suffers a career ending injury it will cause huge criticism and chaos...