PDA

View Full Version : Clements to Browns?

Thunderstruck
03-01-2007, 03:30 PM
John Taylor
Scout.com

It’s a foregone conclusion that Nate Clements will become a very, very rich young man in the next 72 hours.

Also, it’s widely assumed that the Browns will be at or near the front of the Clements’ line starting at 12:01 a.m. Friday.

And, according to sources on both sides of the equation, both parties are willing to do whatever it takes to turn that assumption into a reality.

A source close to Clements tells The OBR that Cleveland is “far and away” the destination preferred by the sixth-year corner.

“If the money’s right, and close to anything anybody else offers, he’ll be coming home,” the source said of the Shaker Heights native.

For their part, a Browns source says that Clements is “the (LeCharles) Bentley of our 2007 free-agent class.” In other words, he has become the club’s top target once the bell tolls on free agency.
Of course, the two sides are forbidden by NFL rules (wink wink, nudge nudge) from speaking before the start of free agency, but that hasn’t stopped feelers from being put out and league insiders to get a feel for the direction the Clements recruiting will take.

One NFL front office source tells The OBR that he will be “utterly amazed” if the Browns don’t break the bank for Clements. “They know (Gary) Baxter won’t be back. And how good would (Leigh) Bodden look with Clements on the other side of the field? You’d take a very good player (Bodden) and turn him into a Pro Bowl-level type talent.”

“Everyone around the league is waiting for the Browns to set the bar (on Clements’ contract).”

If indeed the Browns do make a run at Clements—which is as close to an absolute certainty as you can get—they could find the Tennessee Titans standing in the way of a signing. Word around the league is that the Titans are seriously considering making a run at the ex-Ohio State corner.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

This would be huge for the Browns, in my opinion. It would give them one of the top cornerback tandems in the NFL. Hopefully, Clements goes home and that franchise gets something to look forward to. Absolutely great fans that deserve a winner.

frogstomp
03-01-2007, 03:32 PM
He's a fool if he goes there. He'll probably end up just like LeCharles... having a career that could possibly be over.

SeanTaylorRIP
03-01-2007, 03:37 PM
He's a fool if he goes there. He'll probably end up just like LeCharles... having a career that could possibly be over.

Or like Gary Baxter.

Thunderstruck
03-01-2007, 03:40 PM
Eh, it's his hometown team. He grew up in Ohio, went to Ohio State, and probably loved the Browns. I would be incredibly happy to see Clements land in that type of situation, but maybe I am the only one.

Number 10
03-01-2007, 03:41 PM
He'll go to a winner.

bigbluedefense
03-01-2007, 03:42 PM
He'll go to a winner.

Money talks. He'll go to whoever offers him the most dough.

Shiver
03-01-2007, 03:45 PM
Clements will be grossly overpaid. I would be worried he reverts to his '05 complacency, where he wasn't good at all. He bounced back in '06, in a contract year, that always concerns me.

Sveen
03-01-2007, 03:48 PM
Eh, it's his hometown team. He grew up in Ohio, went to Ohio State, and probably loved the Browns.
LeCharles Bentley #2?

diabsoule
03-01-2007, 03:49 PM
Clements will be grossly overpaid. I would be worried he reverts to his '05 complacency, where he wasn't good at all. He bounced back in '06, in a contract year, that always concerns me.

I'm worried about the same thing too. I don't think he's as good as people give him credit for especially since most players overperform in a contract year in order to get those extra dollars.

Vikings4ever
03-01-2007, 03:52 PM

2005 was a contract year also, he was franchised last year.

Dunta_23
03-01-2007, 03:56 PM
Apparently he was on a Houston related talk show and said that he'd love to play in Houston as well as long as the money was right, but what FA doesnt say that??? I also heard that he lives in the Houston area in the offseason and is building a home there.....anyone think hes got a chance to be a Texan?

Shiver
03-01-2007, 03:57 PM
2005 was a contract year also, he was franchised last year.

Yes it was technically a 'contract year,' but he knew he was going to be franchised. In '06, he knew that the team couldn't franchise him, thus it was time for him to make the big bucks.

Shiver
03-01-2007, 03:58 PM
Apparently he was on a Houston related talk show and said that he'd love to play in Houston as well as long as the money was right, but what FA doesnt say that??? I also heard that he lives in the Houston area in the offseason and is building a home there.....anyone think hes got a chance to be a Texan?

If they pay him Champ Bailey money, sure. Actually, if I am Houston, having two talented cover corners is probably the best chance to contain the Colts.

Smooth Criminal
03-01-2007, 04:07 PM
I can hope not. I like seeing the Browns at the bottom of the league every year.

hugegmenfan
03-01-2007, 04:13 PM
He'll go to a winner.

ya really? who the hell would wanna go to the browns? they r going nowhere- even if they have money to pour @ him i dont see him going there

PoopSandwich
03-01-2007, 04:21 PM
ya really? who the hell would wanna go to the browns? they r going nowhere- even if they have money to pour @ him i dont see him going there

Yeah because the Giants are so great.

j_Tress
03-01-2007, 04:29 PM
Eh, it's his hometown team. He grew up in Ohio, went to Ohio State, and probably loved the Browns. I would be incredibly happy to see Clements land in that type of situation, but maybe I am the only one.

i appreciate the encouraging words. as a browns fan, they are few and far between.

Caddy
03-01-2007, 04:36 PM
He'll go to whoever can fork out the most cash.

ChazMonk
03-01-2007, 04:55 PM

Uh, how about someone who grew up a Brown's fan and realized they actually are an up and coming team, and will have a pretty damn good defense next year. If they offer him enough money, he will be there.

I'm amazed at all the haters out there of one of the oldest franchizes in the NFL. It's not like they are the Bengals of the 90's. What will you all do when the Brown's start winning?

snazel
03-01-2007, 04:57 PM
I'm hoping he becomes a Brown. If we can land Clements alongside any one of the top OGs out there (Dielman, Steinbach, Dockery, Davis) I would splooge. Hopefully more news pours out as the night progresses...

SuperMcGee
03-01-2007, 04:58 PM
I'm amazed at all the haters out there of one of the oldest franchizes in the NFL. It's not like they are the Bengals of the 90's. What will you all do when the Brown's start winning?

I expect to be long dead by then

Chucky
03-01-2007, 04:59 PM
i think he will go to the chargers

ChazMonk
03-01-2007, 05:03 PM
I expect to be long dead by then

So be it. Start getting things in order over the next couple of years....

SuperMcGee
03-01-2007, 05:15 PM
So be it. Start getting things in order over the next couple of years....

I'd like to see the boys from down the Lake succeed. I just don't see the promise at the most important positions.

SeanTaylorRIP
03-01-2007, 05:19 PM
He's rumored to go to about every team but he will be overpaid, he is asking to be the highest paid corner in the league, and while teams may not offer Champ type money he won't be far off with his demands, some team will give him an offer around what he wants.

ChazMonk
03-01-2007, 05:26 PM
I'd like to see the boys from down the Lake succeed. I just don't see the promise at the most important positions.

First, I hope you noticed the smiley face at the top of my reply. Secondly, in all honesty, I would take that bet. Savage has been moderately successful with the draft, and I believe this and next year's drafts will take us to where we need to be to finally compete in our division. As soon as we get our lines in order watch out. We finally have the right personel at the top to make solid decisions. It is only Crennel I am not sold on yet. Here's hoping though.

JoeMontainya
03-01-2007, 06:30 PM
Call me Mcdonalds because im lovin it!!!!

PalmerToCJ
03-01-2007, 08:37 PM
The Browns are a prime example of why you can't build a team in FA. They've had wiser signings than the Redskins but still with no success (granted injuries have been a big part of it).

JoeMontainya
03-01-2007, 08:39 PM
"The Browns are a prime example of why you can't build a team in FA. They've had wiser signings than the Redskins but still with no success"

your basing that entire post off of last off season, in which our signings were to tutor young talent, which they did. Our young talent never had veterans to bring them to a higher level so we signed some.

Other then that how is your post accurate?

49ersfan_87
03-01-2007, 08:41 PM
They would make a good duo with clements/bodden. I like the potential of pool and jones as well. It could be a solid secondary. This defense is easily a defense on the rise. They really, really need a DL though. Alan Branch at #3 to be the DE?

JoeMontainya
03-01-2007, 08:48 PM
Sean Jones almost made the Pro Bowl, and easily could have with better recognition/team performance.

Bodden can shut down a good WR on any given day.

Wimbley is going to be a pro bowler next year. Dqwell Jackson had 100 tackles as a rookie.

Andra Davis is a tackling machine, but i believe hes usually out of position.

were getting better.

PalmerToCJ
03-01-2007, 08:51 PM
"The Browns are a prime example of why you can't build a team in FA. They've had wiser signings than the Redskins but still with no success"

your basing that entire post off of last off season, in which our signings were to tutor young talent, which they did. Our young talent never had veterans to bring them to a higher level so we signed some.

Other then that how is your post accurate?

Ever since Crennel has come aboard they've brought in plenty of FA's... I guess you're right about just last year (except Baxter who is constantly hurt), to be honest it seemed like longer than last year.

Still, they dished out some serious cash to those vets with little for results and again this year they seem to be up for making more FA signings... It's just not going to help them get better.

I will say I think signing Steinbach would be a good idea. I'm never against people signing OL guys in FA and he would immediately help for sure.

JoeMontainya
03-01-2007, 08:56 PM
"Still, they dished out some serious cash to those vets with little for results and again this year they seem to be up for making more FA signings... It's just not going to help them get better.
"

We got plenty of results, leadership was a must for us, look how much Wimbley developed (and he said it himself in an interview), because McGinest presence. Joe Jourevicious really helped Braylon Edwards (now if only he quits dropping the ball).

This year were the front runners to sign the best deffensive player, nate Clements still young, and Eric Steinbach, the best OL. We are making great progress as a team.

We loose because of injuries and being in a great conference that has seen 2 SB winners in the last 5 years.

ricky bobby
03-01-2007, 08:58 PM
I hope the Browns do take him. The idea of him on the Giants makes me sick. He's overrated and will get way more money than he is worth. I hope the Browns or Titans or some other Winning organization takes him off the market so the rumors of him going to the Giants are put to rest.

JoeMontainya
03-01-2007, 08:59 PM
"He's overrated "

how so buddy?

Vikes99ej
03-01-2007, 09:02 PM
When it comes to Free Agency, the Browns are the RedSkins.

ricky bobby
03-01-2007, 09:07 PM
"He's overrated "

how so buddy?
Like this buddy. He made his money a few years back by gambling. He jumped routes, and got lucky sometimes resulting in INTs. What people tend to overlook is the fact that he gives up huge plays also. He'll be 28 by the end of the season, and he'll be going downhill in a year or two. He's not worth all that money, and he'll get it only because Samuel is off the market.

JoeMontainya
03-01-2007, 09:11 PM
Your completely wrong on your assesment of him.

hes a great tackler for a CB.

Hes very solid in coverage.

Makes big plays, and has taken a handful back for touchdowns.

Every corner gambles to an extent, but your overrating the way he does it.

JoeMontainya
03-01-2007, 09:12 PM
"When it comes to Free Agency, the Browns are the RedSkins."

the Browns maybe last year, historically nope.

The Cowboys are the closest to the Redskins.

snazel
03-01-2007, 09:17 PM
Clements is solid in coverage, albeit a bit streaky, but he is VERY solid against the RUN..this is something which is pretty much a need in the AFC North. Also, can you imagine Clements/Bodden as our 1/2 CBs? That's just nasty. Let's our D get more aggressive...

sup3rk1ng
03-01-2007, 09:50 PM
Looks like the niners are in the mix of it, too.

NINERS TO CHASE CLEMENTS

Adam Caplan of Scout.com reports that the 49ers are very interested in Bills cornerback Nate Clements, and that the Niners are prepared to make him an offer soon after 12:01 a.m EST Friday.

Clements was franchised by the Bills in 2006. As part of his agreement to sign the one-year tender, the team promised not to slap the tag on him again in 2007.

The Browns are believed to be poised to make a quick run at Clements, too.

Smooth Criminal
03-01-2007, 09:54 PM
Adam Caplan of Scout.com reports that the 49ers are very interested in Bills cornerback Nate Clements, and that the Niners are prepared to make him an offer soon after 12:01 a.m EST Friday.

Clements was franchised by the Bills in 2006. As part of his agreement to sign the one-year tender, the team promised not to slap the tag on him again in 2007.

PFT

Smooth Criminal
03-01-2007, 09:58 PM
Hold your horses

JoeMontainya
03-01-2007, 09:59 PM
Theres no competiton, he said he wants to be a Brown, we said we want him. We have the cap, and we will pay him.

03-01-2007, 10:01 PM
Now if only Cleveland's players can make it to the gridiron without getting hurt...

Smooth Criminal
03-01-2007, 10:03 PM
Theres no competiton, he said he wants to be a Brown, we said we want him. We have the cap, and we will pay him.

Money talks. If San Fran offers him enough he'll take it.

You never know what'll happen in FA. Bentley was supposed to sign with the Eagles the day FA opened by he ended up signing in Cleveland.

JoeMontainya
03-01-2007, 10:04 PM
"You never know what'll happen in FA. Bentley was supposed to sign with the Eagles the day FA opened by he ended up signing in Cleveland.
"

For the same reason Clements will sign with us. They are both Ohio guys and both said there dream was to play for Cleveland.

snazel
03-01-2007, 10:05 PM
He's already a Cleveland Brown, mark my words...

bills_red
03-01-2007, 10:06 PM
I want him to go to SanFran, so he dosen't blow his knee the 1st day of TC.

bills_red
03-01-2007, 10:09 PM
"You never know what'll happen in FA. Bentley was supposed to sign with the Eagles the day FA opened by he ended up signing in Cleveland.
"

For the same reason Clements will sign with us. They are both Ohio guys and both said there dream was to play for Cleveland.

What a sh!ty dream

JoeMontainya
03-01-2007, 10:14 PM
"What a sh!ty dream"

The Bills seem to be rebuilding with all the trade talks etc....were on the rise. i cant blame a player for wanting to be on our team.

snazel
03-01-2007, 10:16 PM
That was a good one...

Larry
Clements goes down first day of mini camp in a browns uniform.

bills_red
"What a sh!ty dream"

The Bills seem to be rebuilding with all the trade talks etc....were on the rise. i cant blame a player for wanting to be on our team.

3rd pick 12th pick............

bills_red
03-01-2007, 10:17 PM
Clements goes down first day of mini camp in a browns uniform.

That is why I hope he goes somewhere else.

Larry
03-01-2007, 10:18 PM
That is why I hope he goes somewhere else.

I can see why, the Browns are cursed.

snazel
03-01-2007, 10:21 PM
U get my PM Joe?

bills_red
03-01-2007, 10:21 PM
I can see why, the Browns are cursed.

Once you put someone in a Browns uni you know you will never hear from him agin, unless he gets hurt or arrested.

JoeMontainya
03-01-2007, 10:22 PM
At least our players blow there knees after we get them

Buffalo players (mcGahee) blow there knees before there even drafted.

bills_red
03-01-2007, 10:24 PM

Is that a good thing??????

SuperMcGee
03-01-2007, 10:31 PM

I don't get it

bills_red
03-01-2007, 10:33 PM
I don't get it

I don't ether

JoeMontainya
03-01-2007, 10:34 PM
We didnt know our player would have a blown knee. You did and still took them.

snazel
03-01-2007, 10:36 PM
Arrested? Now injuries are one thing, but lets leave the arrests to the Bengals and the Ravens.

bills_red

Would have went #2 to the Lions we get at #23 or #24.

You pay a lot of $$$$$$ and 1st day goes down and will be out for 2 years. Sucks to be a Brown fan.

sup3rk1ng

Come on, that's a terrible point and you know it.

JoeMontainya
03-01-2007, 10:37 PM
No its really not, but considering your a Bills fan and the point was against you, thats the way you will view it.

JoeMontainya
03-01-2007, 10:37 PM
Your making fun of Bentley getting a hurt knee. But Mcehee wasnt any different.

sup3rk1ng
03-01-2007, 10:38 PM
No its really not, but considering your a Bills fan and the point was against you, thats the way you will view it.

I'm not a bills fan...I'm a niner fan. You guys can have Clements...I just want Adalius Thomas or Joey Porter.

bills_red
03-01-2007, 10:39 PM
Arrested? Now injuries are one thing, but lets leave the arrests to the Bengals and the Ravens.

read, I said unless they get arrested I didn't say they get arrested.

bills_red
03-01-2007, 10:41 PM
Your making fun of Bentley getting a hurt knee. But Mcehee wasnt any different.

We didn't pay big bucks for Willis, you did for Bentley.
He might not play agin, Willis is playing now.

So you have no point just that one was hurt playing IN a game one in pratice.

CC.SD
03-01-2007, 10:42 PM
Of course it's different, freak injuries occur (although the Browns ARE cursed. Fix that staph problem too, jesus christ). Drafting a guy with an injury history is a risk, and a totally different animal. Personally I think McGahee is just unmotivated. After all, he's already proven himself as "the best back in the league."

icantackleclaret
03-01-2007, 10:51 PM
why all the hate for the Browns?

bills_red
03-01-2007, 10:51 PM
why all the hate for the Browns?

Because I live in Brown nation.

JoeMontainya
03-01-2007, 10:53 PM
So keep the hate there, not here.

bills_red
03-01-2007, 10:53 PM
So keep the hate there, not here.

Why? they stink

JoeMontainya
03-01-2007, 10:58 PM
true, but everyone allready knows that..

JoeMontainya
03-01-2007, 11:00 PM
"We didn't pay big bucks for Willis, you did for Bentley.

So you have no point just that one was hurt playing IN a game one in pratice."

Whats money have to do with the fact that both got injured, but we didnt know ours would, you were fooloish enough to draft him when he allready was injured. His career isnt very impressive, he didnt even get 1000 yards last year and now your trying to trade him.

art vandelay
03-01-2007, 11:03 PM
"What a sh!ty dream"

HAHAHA ******** your on the rise. The Bills almost made the playoffs with the toughest schedule in the NFL last year. We started 6 rookies. Don't tell me that we're rebuilding. We are contenders. Who's your QB?

bills_red
03-01-2007, 11:03 PM

Whats money have to do with the fact that both got injured, but we didnt know ours would, you were fooloish enough to draft him when he allready was injured. His career isnt very impressive, he didnt even get 1000 yards last year and now your trying to trade him.

Might be beacuse he did not play in about 4 games.....

ps learn how to quote

49ersfan_87
03-01-2007, 11:04 PM

FYI. You can quote people posts instead of copying and pasting them. Its the quote button, right after the posts/sigs, in case you missed it.

bills_red
03-01-2007, 11:05 PM
HAHAHA ******** your on the rise. The Bills almost made the playoffs with the toughest schedule in the NFL last year. We started 6 rookies. Don't tell me that we're rebuilding. We are contenders. Who's your QB?

Browns fans just don't get it art.

JoeMontainya
03-01-2007, 11:05 PM
FYI. You can quote people posts instead of copying and pasting them. Its the quote button, right after the posts/sigs, in case you missed it.

Thanks bud, never really caught on after they changed the board style.

icantackleclaret
03-01-2007, 11:06 PM
Why? JP Losman? Kelly Holcomb? why must we argue on the great day of FA?

bills_red
03-01-2007, 11:07 PM
Why? JP Losman? Kelly Holcomb? why must we argue on the great day of FA?

JP>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Browns QB (Who is it agin?)

JoeMontainya
03-01-2007, 11:09 PM

The Bills are trading there OLB, losing Fletcher and Clements. JP Losman isnt anything to brag about. McGehee is on the block, how will that make you a contender?

bills_red
03-01-2007, 11:11 PM
The Bills are trading there OLB, losing Fletcher and Clements. JP Losman isnt anything to brag about. McGehee is on the block, how will that make you a contender?

Passer Rating JP 11th
Passer Rating Frye 26th

icantackleclaret
I just wonder how long this JP bandwagon will last?
Our starting QB is Charlie Fyre this is his coming on his 3rd season with the team. He like Losman has had a bad OL to overcome and being a young QB bad desicion making also. So before we get all high and mighty let us talk like logical fans.

JoeMontainya

LOL, someone is talkin up JP Losman like hes good lololol....

Do you honestly think JP Losman could make it in our division?

With the Ravens, Bengals and Steelers, your team easily could start out 0-6 like we do every year.

bills_red
03-01-2007, 11:13 PM

With the Ravens, Bengals and Steelers, your team easily could start out 0-6 like we do every year.

lol...lol.....lol.............LOL
We will see in '07 wont we.

Bills-31
Browns-17

Smooth Criminal
03-01-2007, 11:14 PM
Losman actually played pretty well last year. Off of everything we've seen, he is better than Frye who hasn't played a whole season yet.

icantackleclaret
03-01-2007, 11:15 PM
Couch played pretty well 1 season.

Smooth Criminal
03-01-2007, 11:16 PM

Thats true aswell. But I'll take a young QB who played 1 good season over a young QB who hasn't ever had a good season.

bills_red

Difference....Couch sucked.

Couch=Fye

JoeMontainya
"Bills-31
Browns-17"

Darn, we dont even have to play the game now, we allready lost LOL

I ready for the #1 pick in 2008.

art vandelay
03-01-2007, 11:17 PM

JP Losman is definitely something to brag about, IMO. He is a legit starting QB in the NFL, something that you lack immensly. He also has alot of potential and I see no reason why he wouldn't improve on last year's very impressive performance. Keep in mind, he has only started 24 games! The most exciting thing to me about Losman is that last year the light really seemed to click with him and he looked like a completely different QB than he was in 2005. Maybe because he earned the starting job instead of being given it. Or maybe because he didn't have wishy washy Mike Mularkey benching him then starting him 3 weeks later. I could go on forever about JP. I think he is a rising star in the NFL. He has ridiculous chemistry with Lee Evans as well.

McGahee is nothing to brag about. He is very overrated and Anthony Thomas outplayed and outproduced him when McGahee was injured. Give me a back with speed who can hit a hole.

Takeo Spikes barely played last year and look how we did. Yeah, I bet you don't know anything about Angelo Crowell or Keith Ellison.

bills_red
03-01-2007, 11:17 PM
Thats true aswell. But I'll take a QB who played 1 good season over one who hasn't ever played a whole season.

He played what 13 games in '07 and like 6 in '06? = 19 games played = more than 1 season of playing time.

icantackleclaret
03-01-2007, 11:19 PM
agreed I just don't understand why everyone wants to argue. In Brees 3rd season what did he do? Losman this was his 3rd season I believe he played pretty well. You have to give kids a chance. Also more than 2 seconds in the pocket would be nice. :)

art vandelay

Yeah, except our division was the 2nd best in the NFL behind only the AFC West.

bills_red
agreed I just don't understand why everyone wants to argue. In Brees 3rd season what did he do? Losman this was his 3rd season I believe he played pretty well. You have to give kids a chance. Also more than 2 seconds in the pocket would be nice. :)

In his 2nd year of starting. 1st year didn't play

Smooth Criminal
03-01-2007, 11:20 PM
He played what 13 games in '07 and like 6 in '06? = 19 games played = more than 1 season of playing time.

I don't think Frye played 13 last year. I know he got hurt and Anderson stepped in and I think he played for 4 or 5 games. I know he played against KC and Pittsburgh but I'd have to check the rest.

But regardless, even in his lets say 19 games, he never looked like a great QB. Losman looked way better last year than Frye ever looked in his career.

BiggerFoot
03-01-2007, 11:21 PM
Correct me if I am wrong by Willis was only like 10 yards shy of 1,000 yards. That is one first down away, so when you say he did not even have 1,000 season he was barely short of 1,000

icantackleclaret
03-01-2007, 11:22 PM
Do you suggest going for Quinn?

JoeMontainya
"Yeah, except our division was the 2nd best in the NFL behind only the AFC West."

how so?

bills_red
O-Line or a QB

art vandelay
03-01-2007, 11:23 PM
Keep in mind, this is the 2nd year of the Levy regime. Last year he did alot of work on the roster, trading/releasing big names like Lawyer Milloy, Sam Adams and Eric Moulds. He obviously still has some issues with players fitting the system and I agree with McGahee and Spikes on the block. If you watch Willis McGahee for 17 games, you get sick of him very quickly. It's just so frustrating to watch a slow RB try to take every carry outside and lose 4 yards.

JoeMontainya
03-01-2007, 11:23 PM
Before this year, Losman was on the trading block. Then he had an average NFL year for a QB, not great. If Frye has an average year next year, they are no different in there progress.

art vandelay
03-01-2007, 11:24 PM
"Yeah, except our division was the 2nd best in the NFL behind only the AFC West."

how so?

Based on overall records.

Smooth Criminal

I woudln't. I'd give Frye more time.

icantackleclaret
Dont you think AD would help everything? Take pressure off Frye to have to win games and take pressure off the D by eating the clock. Frye will not be Palmer but he can be Dilfer or better.

bills_red
Before this year, Losman was on the trading block. Then he had an average NFL year for a QB, not great. If Frye has an average year next year, they are no different in there progress.
Said who??? you?

JoeMontainya
03-01-2007, 11:26 PM
overall record? Strength of schedule was weak for you guys....

http://www.buffalobills.com/games/schedule2006.jsp

maybe preseason strength of schedule, but not how the season finished.

JoeMontainya
03-01-2007, 11:27 PM
"Said who??? you?"

says this....

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cr-meetings032906&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

art vandelay
03-01-2007, 11:28 PM

Wow, you really don't give up do you.

Levy publicly stated that he had no idea how that Losman story came about. He said that they even liked Losman and hoped he would become the starter. This was after his horrible 2005 season.

AVERAGE YEAR? Yeah...85 QB rating, 63 percent competion percentage, 19 TD's..average numbers.

I'm interested to know what you think of Frye's 10 TD/17 INT ratio and his 72 QB rating. If JP is average, Charlie Frye is utter garbage. Frye has never even had an average year.

You are making a fool out of yourself, BTW.

bills_red
03-01-2007, 11:29 PM
"Said who??? you?"

says this....

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cr-meetings032906&prov=yhoo&type=lgns
LEARN HOW TO QUOTE!!!!!!!

I never heard this before, I say BS

art vandelay
03-01-2007, 11:30 PM
overall record? Strength of schedule was weak for you guys....

http://www.buffalobills.com/games/schedule2006.jsp

maybe preseason strength of schedule, but not how the season finished.

WOW...based on opponent's winning percentage the Bills had the toughest schedule in the NFL. This is a PROVEN FACT. If you don't believe me, go find the NFL.com article. It's out there. The Bills had THE TOUGHEST schedule in the NFL in 2006 and you can quote me on that.

JoeMontainya
03-01-2007, 11:31 PM
Its not BS, and of course a GM will reverse if he knows the player will be back, exspecially a 1st round QB.

If Mcgahee doesnt get traded, they will say they never really wanted to trade him nayways just so Mcgahee will have a good mood stature.

bills_red
03-01-2007, 11:32 PM
WOW...based on opponent's winning percentage the Bills had the toughest schedule in the NFL. This is a PROVEN FACT. If you don't believe me, go find the NFL.com article. It's out there. The Bills had THE TOUGHEST schedule in the NFL in 2006 and you can quote me on that.

Scott even had it up on the draft order before but it's gone now.

JoeMontainya
i want nate Clements, then you guys ruined the threat, take your Losman love fest to your team site.

Im sure other Bills fans are anxious to hear what you think of him.

art vandelay
LEARN HOW TO QUOTE!!!!!!!

I never heard this before, I say BS

This came about last year. Levy and Jauron completely dismissed this and said they had no idea how it came about and that Losman, Holcomb and Nall would compete for the starting role. Anyway, that article means absolutely nothing right now.

JP Losman>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Derek Anderson>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Charlie Frye

bills_red
03-01-2007, 11:33 PM
Its not BS, and of course a GM will reverse if he knows the player will be back, exspecially a 1st round QB.

If Mcgahee doesnt get traded, they will say they never really wanted to trade him nayways just so Mcgahee will have a good mood stature.

This man is made out of BS, well his is a Browns fan.

JoeMontainya
03-01-2007, 11:33 PM
"JP Losman>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Derek Anderson>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Charlie Frye"

do you feel better that your QB who doesnt even rank in the top 15 in NFL QB's is better than a Browns QB?

Shiver
03-01-2007, 11:35 PM
"JP Losman>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Derek Anderson>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Charlie Frye"

do you feel better that your QB who doesnt even rank in the top 15 in NFL QB's is better than a Browns QB?

1st - The quote box, learn it, love it.
2nd - Name 15 better Quarterbacks than JP Losman. I want to see that list.

art vandelay
i want nate Clements, then you guys ruined the threat, take your Losman love fest to your team site.

Im sure other Bills fans are anxious to hear what you think of him.

Haha, you brought it up, bud. Good to see that you have admitted defeat. You made some horrible claims and you had no facts to back them up. It's clear that you know nothing about the Bills and the fact that you think the Browns are better off than the Bills makes you deranged.

bills_red

http://www.nfl.com/stats/leaders/NFL/PRAT/2006/regular

NFL Passer Rating
Rank Player Team Yds Att Cmp TDs Ints Long Rating
1 Peyton Manning IND 4397 557 362 31 9 68 101.0
2 Damon Huard KC 1878 244 148 11 1 78 98.0
3 Drew Brees NO 4418 554 356 26 11 86 96.2
4 Donovan McNabb PHI 2647 316 180 18 6 87 95.5
5 Tony Romo DAL 2903 337 220 19 13 56 95.1
6 Carson Palmer CIN 4035 520 324 28 13 74 93.9
7 Marc Bulger STL 4301 588 370 24 8 67 92.9
8 Philip Rivers SD 3388 460 284 22 9 57 92.0
9 Tom Brady NE 3529 516 319 24 12 62 87.9
10 Mark Brunell WAS 1789 260 162 8 4 74 86.5
11 J.P. Losman BUF 3051 429 268 19 14 83 84.9

art vandelay
03-01-2007, 11:36 PM

Wow, you are making me sick. We never wanted to trade Losman. We want to trade McGahee. Some of these statements really make me believe you know very little about football in general.

art vandelay
03-01-2007, 11:39 PM

Actually, I'd argue that Losman had the 7th highest QB rating for QB's that started all 16 games. So the fact that you said he is not good is absolutely ludacris.

icantackleclaret
03-01-2007, 11:40 PM
the 1st 9 on the list plus T.Green, A. Smith, B. Favre, C. Simms, D. Carr

OzTitan
03-01-2007, 11:40 PM
McGahee hasn't had any signs of slow down thanks to his injury, he just went Chris Brown on the Bills this year and became weak. I'm not even sure why a Browns fan would take offense to someone saying Clements will just blow his knee out and try to bring the Bills drafting of McGahee into the equation, not only is it a completely irrelevant thing to compare, but it's simply true - a lot of Browns picks and free agent signings seem to get hurt, and the staph infections are all their fault. It's fair game.

JoeMontainya
03-01-2007, 11:41 PM
A passer rating doesnt make the QB better.....you want better overall QB's, which is WHAT WE WERE TALKING ABOUT.....

Tom brady
Peyton manning
drew brees
brett favre
donovan mcnabb
carson palmer
marc bulger
Jake Delhomme
matt Hasselback
Tony Romo
Michael Vick
Steve Mcnair
Chad Pennington
Phillip Rivers
Ben Roethlesburger
Vince Young

All of these players know how to win a ball game and are better overall QB's than JP Losman.

art vandelay
03-01-2007, 11:42 PM
the 1st 9 on the list plus T.Green, A. Smith, B. Favre, C. Simms, D. Carr

HAHAHA...just to clarify - you think Damon Huard, Alex Smith, Brett Favre, Chris Simms and David Carr than JP Losman?? You would take any of these guys over JP Losman as the starting QB on your team?

JoeMontainya
03-01-2007, 11:42 PM
"Wow, you are making me sick. We never wanted to trade Losman. We want to trade McGahee. Some of these statements really make me believe you know very little about football in general."

last year at this time, the rumors were everywhere and they actually got calls about the trade. When they decided not to trade him, they obviously covered there tracks like a smart organization does. How is this BS, it was 100% true at the time.

icantackleclaret
03-01-2007, 11:43 PM
maybe not Huard but I would take Young in his place

JoeMontainya
03-01-2007, 11:44 PM
"Tom brady
Peyton manning
drew brees
brett favre
donovan mcnabb
carson palmer
marc bulger
Jake Delhomme
matt Hasselback
Tony Romo
Michael Vick
Steve Mcnair
Chad Pennington
Phillip Rivers
Ben Roethlesburger
Vince Young"

and all of them, but the rookie Vince young have actually gotten there team to the playoffs.

art vandelay
03-01-2007, 11:45 PM
"Wow, you are making me sick. We never wanted to trade Losman. We want to trade McGahee. Some of these statements really make me believe you know very little about football in general."

last year at this time, the rumors were everywhere and they actually got calls about the trade. When they decided not to trade him, they obviously covered there tracks like a smart organization does. How is this BS, it was 100% true at the time.

Right, because you are in the Bills organization and took the calls. How do you know this?

This is 100% true? Try 100% untrue. Because it's in the news it doesn't mean that it's true buddy. Marv Levy and Dick Jaruon said this. Do I need to find the link for you?

icantackleclaret
03-01-2007, 11:45 PM
I understand you really like Losman, I just dont see it. I think Alot of QBs have more to offer than him. Maybe it is becuase they are on bigger market teams and get more face time but I am just not a Losman fan.

art vandelay
03-01-2007, 11:46 PM
maybe not Huard but I would take Young in his place

Right...which was a QB who you failed to mention in your post. Get your story straight, you are losing all credibility in this argument.

art vandelay
03-01-2007, 11:47 PM
I understand you really like Losman, I just dont see it. I think Alot of QBs have more to offer than him. Maybe it is becuase they are on bigger market teams and get more face time but I am just not a Losman fan.

Did you watch a Bills game last year? If the answer to this is no, you have absolutely no input in a JP Losman conversation. Otherwise, you would be solely basing it on the "Bust" reputation that he once had on this board.

JoeMontainya
03-01-2007, 11:48 PM
I posted 16 QB's betetr than Losman.

"This is 100% true? Try 100% untrue. Because it's in the news it doesn't mean that it's true buddy. Marv Levy and Dick Jaruon said this. Do I need to find the link for you?"

They tried to trade him and couldnt find the right offer. If you were a GM and failed, would it be best to....

A). tell the young QB you didnt want him, but just couldnt get a deal done

OR

B). Dismiss the rumors and everything will be roses again.

njx9
03-01-2007, 11:49 PM
saw no reason to have several nate clements threads. let's just keep it all in one so i can get my fix in one place.

icantackleclaret
03-01-2007, 11:49 PM
wow this is sad. I am losing credibility? I had to name 15 guys. So I would like Huard if he was younger more than Losman.

icantackleclaret
03-01-2007, 11:50 PM
How many Browns games have you seen?

art vandelay
03-01-2007, 11:51 PM
Also, what doesn't he have to offer?

He can get out of the pocket and run for a first, has a huge arm, led a game winning 2 ****** drive and made pretty good decisions with the ball this year. He is very efficient and completes alot of passes. If you took away his terrible Bears game, he would have a passer rating in the 90's, he had some boneheaded throws in that game. This is obviously expected from a developing QB, so I don't look too far into it. That's basically the only problem I have with Losman, the few just plain dumb throws he had last year.

art vandelay
03-01-2007, 11:54 PM
I posted 16 QB's betetr than Losman.

"This is 100% true? Try 100% untrue. Because it's in the news it doesn't mean that it's true buddy. Marv Levy and Dick Jaruon said this. Do I need to find the link for you?"

They tried to trade him and couldnt find the right offer. If you were a GM and failed, would it be best to....

A). tell the young QB you didnt want him, but just couldnt get a deal done

OR

B). Dismiss the rumors and everything will be roses again.

Good lord, drop it son. That's in the past and means absolutely nothing now. Neither of us know if they actually tried but Marv Levy said they had no idea where that story came from and he bases his whole life on high character so I'll take his word over yours everyday.

Even if they did try, which I highly doubt they didn't, why does that matter?

art vandelay
03-01-2007, 11:55 PM
How many Browns games have you seen?

Probably 3 or 4 last season. I saw at least one Frye game and one Anderson and I definitely liked Anderson better.

DollarBill3181
03-01-2007, 11:55 PM
"Tom brady
Peyton manning
drew brees
brett favre
donovan mcnabb
carson palmer
marc bulger
Jake Delhomme
matt Hasselback
Tony Romo
Michael Vick
Steve Mcnair
Chad Pennington
Phillip Rivers
Ben Roethlesburger
Vince Young"

and all of them, but the rookie Vince young have actually gotten there team to the playoffs.

Delhomme, BigBen, Romo all very avg at time but in goo situations on good teams - id take JP over any of thsoe 3, the others ya gotta case for tho ya

art vandelay
03-01-2007, 11:56 PM
wow this is sad. I am losing credibility? I had to name 15 guys. So I would like Huard if he was younger more than Losman.

If he was younger. He's not.

icantackleclaret
03-01-2007, 11:56 PM
Well Im off to bed. It was great talking JP Losman with you. I am obviously wrong about him he is probably top5 QB in the league.

art vandelay
03-01-2007, 11:59 PM
"Tom brady
Peyton manning
drew brees
brett favre
donovan mcnabb
carson palmer
marc bulger
Jake Delhomme
matt Hasselback
Tony Romo
Michael Vick
Steve Mcnair
Chad Pennington
Phillip Rivers
Ben Roethlesburger
Vince Young"

Out of all of those guys I would only take Manning, Palmer, Brees, Vick and McNabb over Losman. That's just how I feel. You are entitled to your own opinion obiviously but I think any GM in the league would laugh if you took Brett Favre, Jake Delhomme or Steve McNair over Losman at this point in their careers.

art vandelay
03-02-2007, 12:00 AM
Well Im off to bed. It was great talking JP Losman with you. I am obviously wrong about him he is probably top5 QB in the league.

He's not at this point, but I believe he has the potential to be. Look for a breakout season in 2007, barring injury of course. We'll talk after that.

bigmac076
03-02-2007, 12:03 AM
Out of all of those guys I would only take Manning, Palmer, Brees, Vick and McNabb over Losman. That's just how I feel. You are entitled to your own opinion obiviously but I think any GM in the league would laugh if you took Brett Favre, Jake Delhomme or Steve McNair over Losman at this point in their careers.
Brady, Bulger, and Hasselback are all better than Losman. Easily.

njx9
03-02-2007, 12:04 AM
weren't these both threads about clements? how'd they get this sidetracked wiith a stupid argument without my involvement?

49ersfan_87
03-02-2007, 12:04 AM
How the **** did a thread about nate clements possible FA destination(s) turn into a thread about JP Losman?

needled24_7
03-02-2007, 12:08 AM
How the **** did a thread about nate clements possible FA destination(s) turn into a thread about JP Losman?

hahaha qft

aNYtitan
03-02-2007, 12:16 AM
Don't count the Titans out at all in this race. With the Pacman troubles this offseason and the possibility that he won't be on the team, we definately need a legit number one corner. Clements is good against the pass, but is better against the run, which is great because our run defense is awful

Shiver
03-02-2007, 12:26 AM
A passer rating doesnt make the QB better.....you want better overall QB's, which is WHAT WE WERE TALKING ABOUT.....

Tom brady
Peyton manning
drew brees
brett favre
donovan mcnabb
carson palmer
marc bulger
Jake Delhomme
matt Hasselback
Tony Romo
Michael Vick
Steve Mcnair
Chad Pennington
Phillip Rivers
Ben Roethlesburger
Vince Young

All of these players know how to win a ball game and are better overall QB's than JP Losman.

Favre, Pennington and McNair are not better than Losman, in the here and now. The former is holding onto his legacy. The latter two are just 'hand the ball off, don't lose the game' managers now. You really are underselling JP Losman's development last year. He was very impressive. He only had a handful of sub-par games, and those came against elite defenses like NE, SD and BAL that physically dominated the Bills O-Line. Not only that, he led the team on several come from behind drives to beat more talented teams like the Jaguars. He did that with the aformentioned makeshift O-Line in transition. As well as only one legitimate weapon in the passing game.

Mr. Stiller
03-02-2007, 12:32 AM
Favre, Pennington and McNair are not better than Losman, in the here and now. The former is holding onto his legacy. The latter two are just 'hand the ball off, don't lose the game' managers now. You really are underselling JP Losman's development last year. He was very impressive. He only had a handful of sub-par games, and those came against elite defenses like NE, SD and BAL that physically dominated the Bills O-Line. Not only that, he led the team on several come from behind drives to beat more talented teams like the Jaguars. He did that with the aformentioned makeshift O-Line in transition. As well as only one legitimate weapon in the passing game.

Shiver don't waste your time with that guy, all he does is pick fights with no ammunition to back his points up. Your too smart to argue with him.

Secondly, I think Clements would be better in Detroit, they just lost Bly, and they run a Cover 2, which Clements is used to. Just a thought.

Shiver
03-02-2007, 12:36 AM
Shiver don't waste your time with that guy, all he does is pick fights with no ammunition to back his points up. Your too smart to argue with him.

Well, thanks I guess. I don't know why I just feel like going "njx" on that guy.

art vandelay
03-02-2007, 05:33 AM
Brady, Bulger, and Hasselback are all better than Losman. Easily.

I meant to put Brady on there, not Bulger or Hasselback though.

Shane P. Hallam
03-02-2007, 05:51 AM
what happened with talking about Clements?

Smooth Criminal
03-02-2007, 05:57 AM
what happened with talking about Clements?

That Browns fan entered the thread. That means he had to start a fight about something that wasn't the topic.

draftguru151
03-02-2007, 07:34 AM
I'd take Losman over all but maybe 10 or so QBs.

JoeMontainya
03-02-2007, 09:30 AM
That Browns fan entered the thread. That means he had to start a fight about something that wasn't the topic.

Real mature, you dont help any situation.

JoeMontainya
03-02-2007, 09:33 AM

This is what started it by Bills_Red.......

Originally the fiasco started when the same person said Clements will just get hurt, then slammed half our roster for injuries, then went on to say something about they get arrested.

Smooth Criminal - your like a courtesy flush (thats your new nick name), because every time i flush you, you pop back up like messy diarea. please quit eating he corn because it really makes you look nasty.

LOL, just playin.

zoinks
03-02-2007, 09:59 AM
Word in Nashville is that the Titans have taken their name out of the hat for Clements' services....

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cfm?section=33&screen=news&news_id=54943

Source: Titans out of Clements mix
By Terry McCormick
March 02, 2007

The Tennessee Titans are no longer in the sweepstakes for prized free agent cornerback Nate Clements of the Buffalo Bills.
A source very close to the situation acknowledged that Tennessee is not in the mix for what is regarded by most as the top free-agent cornerback on the market.
According to Scout.com, the San Francisco 49ers and Cleveland Browns have emerged as the primary players in the race to land Clements.

The Titans have over $30M in cap space to play with.....if they're pulling out, then the asking price must be absolutely ridiculous.

Number 10
03-02-2007, 10:33 AM
According to PFT. Haven't seen anything official yet.

The Unseen
03-02-2007, 10:36 AM
That would be a very good signing.

Liek I said in another thread, PFT is usually good with "reporting" events. They just suck at making rumors.

Number 10
03-02-2007, 10:37 AM
It isn't official yet, so I wouldn't exactly proclaim him a Niner yet.

JoeMontainya
03-02-2007, 10:38 AM
They reported last night he was going to the Browns?????

They cant be accurate

JoeMontainya
03-02-2007, 10:40 AM
same site the prematurly reported bentley to the Eagles last year....

JoeMontainya
03-02-2007, 10:41 AM
POSTED 10:58 a.m. EST, March 2, 2007

CLEMENTS TO NINERS

A fan site known as 49erswebzone.com reports that Geoff Hobson of Bengals.com reports that the 49ers have signed or are in the process of signing cornerback Nate Clements.

However, no such story currently appears on Bengals.com.

With all that said, we have reason to believe that the report is on the money. Stay tuned.

Jay
03-02-2007, 10:53 AM
WEEI in Boston just reported Clements to the 49ers as well and sited the Bengals.com writer as their source...

Windy
03-02-2007, 10:55 AM
Clements to SF.

JoeMontainya
03-02-2007, 11:03 AM
Why is a boston and cincinati source reporting before a california or NY source would?

BeerBaron
03-02-2007, 11:09 AM
according to 49erswebzone:

http://www.49erswebzone.com/content/news/view.php?id=8896

looks a little fishy to me, but if it's true then its a great pickup for the niners IMO

keylime_5
03-02-2007, 11:10 AM
The insiders are saying that he has been offered a deal with a $23 million signing bonus, but that he hasn't signed with anyone yet, so stay tuned

binary
03-02-2007, 11:12 AM
As a Niner fan I would be totally disappointed if we prioritized this guy over Adalius and gave him Champ Bailey money, that would be hideous.

JoeMontainya
03-02-2007, 11:14 AM
Did this need a new thread there was one and this will be moved to it.

WooWoo21
03-02-2007, 11:18 AM
Wow, if this is true I hope the Niners have fun with him. Im glad the Bills didnt pay him a $23 million dollar signing bonus to get ate up by Chris Chambers every year. The Niners sure love to overpay for our players ex. Jonas Jennings..hows that working out?

Larry
03-02-2007, 11:19 AM
As a Niner fan I would be totally disappointed if we prioritized this guy over Adalius and gave him Champ Bailey money, that would be hideous.

Well it's looks the niners want both Clements and Thomas.

binary
03-02-2007, 11:21 AM
Well it's looks the niners want both Clements and Thomas.

They need to give Thomas whatever he wants, totally give in to his demands. Clements on the other hand, they should bargain with. The guy is severely overrated and we are not that desperate. 23 mill signing bonus is laughable, I can see the Bills fans laughing at us already.

Larry
03-02-2007, 11:27 AM
It's overpaying but it gives us one lesser need for the draft, well atleast on the first day.

WooWoo21
03-02-2007, 11:34 AM
They need to give Thomas whatever he wants, totally give in to his demands. Clements on the other hand, they should bargain with. The guy is severely overrated and we are not that desperate. 23 mill signing bonus is laughable, I can see the Bills fans laughing at us already.

Believe me we arent laughing at you when our first signing was the amazing Jason Whittle, but he isnt worth near that much. I guess when you keep saying your a top 5 corner people just take your word for it.

bsaza2358
03-02-2007, 11:41 AM
Clements is very good and is a top 12 CB in the league, but he's not anywhere near Bailey. It's just fact.

BeerBaron
03-02-2007, 11:58 AM
ah, my appollogies then i only saw one about the browns and it had a few pages as it was...

16_SFfan_80
03-02-2007, 12:11 PM
http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i286105_here2.JPG

49ersfan_87
03-02-2007, 01:20 PM
I cant believe the 49ers would give clements a contract offer before they would give thomas a contract offer.

The 49ers do need a CB, but the starters are fine. Spencer was suffering from a nagging injury in the beginning of the year but got better as the year went on and harris was a all-nfc corner. What the 49ers need is a experienced nickel becuase that is where the 49ers suffered (sammy davis...)

On the other hand however, this does make a little sense. The 49ers FO does NOT like to draft cornerbacks at all, and prefers to get them in FA. In the 2 years they have run the 49ers, the earliest they have selected a CB is the 6th round.

I highly doubt we get both thomas and clements, so unless they are confident they can get both, this move makes little sense. If its true however.

Homicide
03-02-2007, 01:42 PM
Could tell ya this was gonna happen. Its good to see the niners trying to get back to the top of the NFC again.

bsaza2358
03-02-2007, 01:48 PM
This is a big money move (if true). I'll believe it when I see it on a recognized sports information site.

PoopSandwich
03-02-2007, 02:33 PM
That sucks, Browns need him really bad.

Hail Browns
03-02-2007, 03:15 PM
Too bad if the Browns aren't gonna be able to grab him, he'd have been a great signing for us. Well, now to those o-linemen...

sup3rk1ng
03-02-2007, 03:56 PM
Knbr(Bay area sports radio), that Adalius thomas, Clements and Michael Lewis are all at the 49ers Santa Clara headquarters. Maioccos blod backs this up, but I'm guessing he didn't see AD http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/default.asp?item=513127

snazel
03-02-2007, 05:03 PM
Clements' preference remains with the Browns. His signing with the niners is just a rumor, and I doubt his signing is announced anytime today. Browns are still the leaders to land him.

Hail Browns
03-02-2007, 06:18 PM
Clements' preference remains with the Browns. His signing with the niners is just a rumor, and I doubt his signing is announced anytime today. Browns are still the leaders to land him.

Preferance may not mean much. As badly as I'd like to get someone to play alongside Bodden, Clements may very well end up in San Fran. They were my favorite team while the Browns were gone, so I wouldn't be extremely hostile. If we're lucky again, he'll sign with us. Wouldn't that be weird? The Browns might get lucky...

Until training camp, j/k.

Shiver
03-02-2007, 06:24 PM
Per NFL Network;

Clements is a 49er!

Geo
03-02-2007, 06:25 PM
NLFN/ Schefter is reporting that CB Nate Clements has come to terms with the San Francisco 49ers.

If I couldn't see Clements playing for the Buffalo Bills, I'd love to see him playing in the 49ers' red and gold for a great coach like Mike Nolan. The team has landed the services of a great cornerback, which will serve well in their desire to win a division title - keep in mind, the 49ers' NFC West rivals have fantastic WR cores.

Windy
03-02-2007, 06:25 PM
change title of thread so we dont get 10 new ones.