PDA

View Full Version : Non-Football Arizona Sports

Jensen
08-24-2008, 12:44 AM
Discuss teams like the Diamondbacks, Suns, Coyotes, etc. here.

The D'Backs are in the middle of a division race and the acquisition of Dunn has really seemed to spark the team's offense. With Webb and Haren starting 2 out of every 5 games, and Johnson and Petit really heating up I think the D'Backs have the pitching to win the division. It will all come down to the offense IMO. Losing Hudson again was a big blow, but Augie and surprisinly Chris Burke have stepped up in his absence. As long as everybody else keeps doing what they're supposed to be doing, the D'Backs should be in pretty good shape to win the division.

fenikz
08-24-2008, 07:23 AM
I think the most important thing for the D'Backs is to get the bullpen figured out, today they were great, the Rosasles for Hairston trade has really worked out for us.

While I don't remember it getting much media coverage Chris Synder's return really helped stabilize the team 19-12 since then. He is a leader plain and simple, Montero just isn't an everyday catcher, but he has proven when given 1/5 or 2/5 of the starts he can be productive much like today.

This team is really start to remind me of 2001, the obvious 2 header dragon with our starters, Auggie playing the Craig Counsell role, Drew is becoming clutch much like a Mr. Tony Womack, could Dunn be the Gonzo of this team?