PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Chiefs/Dolphins Game?

bored of education
08-24-2008, 10:47 AM
Good things:

Brandon Flowers, Derrick Johnson are the only things that impressed me me.

Offense:
I really like Barry Richardson, he could def. be the RT of the future. Kolby Smith is a legit no. 2 back and maybe a no. 1. He is very versatile, yet it seems he could carry the load with 18-25 carries a game.

Bad Things:
Run defense still didn't look that good. Dorsey and Tank seem to be good out there together though. The play calling pissed me off. Too conservative at the wrong times and too aggressive at the wrong times. Maybe they are still testing the waters, I don't know.

bored of education
08-24-2008, 11:41 AM
Dantrell Savage is a great player, not in terms of skills but impact and influence. He goes balls to the wall every play. Even if LJ doesn't perform the chiefs have a deep crew at RB. Savage, Battle, Smith and Charles,

vidae
08-24-2008, 12:23 PM
Brandon Flowers looks like he's going to be a stud. Each week they've tested him and he's come through. He runs up and plays the run extremely well and is learning quickly. Easily a top CB in the future.

I'm also impressed with Brandon Carr. He's a little raw but he's got all the tools. I would not be surprised if he was a starter alongside Flowers in the next year or two. Surtain is getting up there in age.

Derrick Johnson is a straight baller. Great player. Going to be the cornerstone of our defense for years to come. Good in coverage (most of the time, he blew a big one against the Dolphins), good against the run, he can rush the passer, he can do it all. He's going to have a pro-bowl caliber season this year.

Dorsey and Tank did an alright job. We got trounced on the ground though and that's never good, but we're also missing our lead tackler last year in Donnie Edwards so I don't expect people to run that much on us in the future.

Our offense was.. not good to say the least. We couldn't convert 3rd downs. Too many penalties. McIntosh has an injury, though I'm not sure how severe it is but like boe said, Barry Richardson was a bright spot on that offensive line. He could definitely start on our line in the future, just needs a bit more work.

Croyle reverted back to his old self. He needs to pick it up if we have any shot at a decent season. He held on to the football too long, wasn't aware of the rush, fumbled, threw an interception. It was bad.

Overall, the offense was bad. The defense needs work but it's clear to me that the defense is going to be our strong side of the ball for years to come. We have a great young foundation over there. The offense needs a lot of work. Going to be a long season friends!

T-RICH49
08-24-2008, 02:03 PM
btw if he did'nt already Dantrell Savage has secured a spot on the team last night