PDA

View Full Version : Noob Guesses

giantsfan
08-26-2008, 01:17 PM
Canít call this a truths thread as a noob, but here are my guess and explanations for how this season will go down:

NFC East will send 3 teams to the playoffsÖagain.
Dallas is one of the most talented teams in the NFL and despite a weak head coach should role through the regular season with their stellar offense led by that nasty oline and passing game, as well as a D which should be much better in the secondary, letting Wade and that D to attack more and create more pressure, I think Spencer will be very effective stepping in opposite Ware.

The Gmen were one of the youngest teams last season when we won the superbowl last year, our youngsters should be even better and while we did lose some major veterans we still have our leader on D, O and a more a confident QB. Spags is my favorite DC in the league due to how he moves people around and loves to attack and I think the D will be much more consistent this season giving the offense more room for error. Losing Osi will mean we wonít be dominating people with our pass rush, but the D as whole is better this season at the other positions and spags has a better grasp of attacking NFL offenses.

I like the skins draft and think the addition of Taylor will help that pass D a lot, but this isnít the season yet where they step up and become one of the NFC East elite. I donít think Campbellís ready yet to lead them throughout the season especially with a new coach and OC. Also that pass d will be better but should still have major issues. Washington will be tough, but in the end I donít think theyíre ready to take that step.

Philly is a team I like a lot to surprise this season. McNabb has had serious health issues but atm he looks to be healthy and the player he was before. If he goes down I think Kevin Kolb will be a very effective. However in the end this team will win games on the back of Brian Westbrook and that improved D.

Dallas will be the only repeat division champs in the NFC
I like the Packers a lot, but this season I think the NFC north is very tightly grouped at the top and Iím personally a believer that minny will have a big year, especially later in the season when teams are starting to get worn down that Dline will wreck havoc and the offense will be able to move the ball on the ground and Jackson will do just enough to carry them into the playoffs once he and berrian start to click as well as him and rice should be all season.

I like Seattleís D and have a lot of respect for Matt Hasselback but I have a bad feeling about the hawks who still donít have a running back whoíll force teams to not key on Hasselback and the injuries to their top 2 receivers to start the season just makes me very uneasy. Iíve got the cards winning that division with a defense thatíll be even better under the guide of Clancy Pendergast, my second favorite DC in the league. They have a lot of versatile people and will show teams a lot of looks. I expect serious improvement in the oline, which will give Warner more comfort in the pocket. This Anquan Boldin situation is a little thorny, but I think he plays out this season and gets dealt next off-season if he keeps griping.

While the Bucs have a great young oline and have been re-loading on D I still am not a believer. I think the Saints take that division convincingly as Payton will get the most out of Shockey and Brees should be an MVP contender, especially if Meachum can make an impact in the regular season. That D has improved the front 7 a lot, and if Grant is efficient trying to reproduce the Tuck role, I think theyíre pass rush will be a legit concern for good teams. Their secondary leaves a lot to be desired but they have a lot of solid guys and against most teams throwing double coverage at the oppositions #1 and bringing heat should help cover up the individual deficiencies of their DBs. Overall I like their depth, just not their top end talent.

The AFC South will not send 3 teams to the playoffs again
Arguably the best division in football will not repeat by sending 3 teams to the playoffs as the Titans will return to 8-8 level. Theyíll be a very tough team to play against but I just donít see them making the playoffs with that secondary and without a serious upgrade in Vince Youngís play at QB. Chris Johnson should be a great weapon to add to VY, but itís still on Vinceís shoulders to take the next step. Houston is an up and coming team but that defensive backfield will be a mess, especially early in the season. If Dunta were in camp and they had someone at safety I felt could play the centerfield role well Iíd be picking them to make the playoffs, however thatís not the case this season and next year this should be a playoff team.

Iíve got the Jags returning to the playoffs. I think theyíre D should get a nice boost from Harvey and Groves helping the pass rush and on O I like Gerrard as a game manager and that running game is nasty. I really like this team and they play great tough football, however I donít think this is the year where they take over for the colts in the regular season, if porter has a renaissance and Williamson starts just wearing Velcro on his gloves they could, but Iím not going to bet on it.

Buffalo will take the second wildcard
Iím not a bills fan but I really like the way that team is looking. Marcus Stroud and health should do wonders for that defense as they should be much better at stuffing the run, between the return of poz and the addition of Stroud I think itíll be a much improved run D. Their secondary is very young but I see McKelvin have a quicker impact than many expect as heís been being mentored by the leader of that secondary, donte whitner, since heís come into town. If Stroud can draw some attention from the edges I think Schobel will have a career year, McCargo will take a big step and Ellis will excel as a situational pass rusher. On O theyíve got a nasty oline blocking for a great combo at running back of Marshawn Lynch and Freddy J. Trent is going to be a very effective QB and we should see him taking more shots downfield to Evans than last year without having to force things like JP does. Plus I think that once Hardy starts seeing the field his size alone will force teams to alter the spacing of their secondary and make things easier for midgets like Roscoe Parrish and Lee Evans. Theyíll be one and done but at least theyíll make the playoffs and end that drought.

Cleveland doesnít rock
The Steelers have a ridiculous schedule and serious questions about that olineís ability to keep Big Ben form getting hammered, however I still like them more than the Browns. I think DA is too much of gunslinger to make it through the winter and expect the offense to score a lot of points but also turn the ball over a lot and have issues controlling the clock and the ball, as I donít see Jamal Lewis having another good year on the ground. On D the Browns upgraded their D line but itíll still take some time for Rogers to get used to the 3-4 nose and I still donít see where theyíre going to get a pass rush from outside of Whimbley to help cover up for the inexperience at corner. Cleveland proved they werenít a laughing stock last season, but I donít think they come close to matching that 10 wins from last season and I have Pittsburgh winning both of the head to head match ups.

The San Diego Super Chargers will not win the Superbowl
San Diego might very well be the most talented team in the NFL, but with Norv Turner as their Head coach that might not matter. LT will have to carry the load again as I donít see any of their backups having much success spelling him too effectively and I just donít think a team can have the resiliency to win a Superbowl without a good leader and Norv is not a good leader, offensive genius maybe, but not a leader of men. Theyíll be back in the playoffs and itíll be between them and Jacksonville to see who represents the AFC in the Superbowl, but I just canít see this team going all the way.

Canít not mention Favre
I love Brett Favre but heís not going to turn the Jets around alone. Heís got to adjust to a new scheme and organization while the team needs the oline to gel with the two new additions, Woody is going to be a terrible fit at RT BTW, and their pass rush should get better but Pace wonít have the same type of year as last season and Gholston wonít be an instant impact pass rusher so while the Jets will be a better team, the playoffs arenít within their grasps yet.

NFC Playoff outlook
The Vikings are my pick to represent the NFC, in the Superbowl. Theyíre a team thatíll really take off in the second half of the season and get on a role that should carry them past the Saints, Boys and G-men into the Superbowl. The Cards will beat the eagles in the wildcard round and get their first playoff win in forever but thatíll be it for the Arizona faithful.

AFC Playoff Outlook
In the AFC Iíve got the Jags progressing as I see that D doing some big things, theyíll be able to run the ball, have a great turnover margin and get enough big plays to win. New Englandís secondary worries me and I think the offense takes a step back from last yearís level of nastiness. The Colts are an elite team, but I think Jacksonville will have momentum and know how to beat them. Chargers could spoil my Superbowl pick, in which case Iíd have the Vikings lifting the Lombardi trophy, but I like the Jags to go all of the way.

Average OT LB
08-26-2008, 01:50 PM
not bad...

I doubt the cards make the playoffs, or even win 8 games, and i dont think the giants defense is better or can be more consistent than last year

giantsfan
08-26-2008, 02:03 PM
not bad...

I doubt the cards make the playoffs, or even win 8 games, and i dont think the giants defense is better or can be more consistent than last year

I really like the Cards D to have a big year. Clancy Pendergast is one of the best defensive co-ordinators in the league in my book and I trust Grimm to get the oline working together. I just have a really bad feeling about seattle don't like the outlook for the rams or 9ers at all.

As for the giants our D over the course of the entire season should be better, but we clearly won't be able to dominate like we did in the postseason without strahan or Osi. Our secondary is much improved, as are our linebackers and DTs. Not even mentioining that spags come into this year with a year under his belt as DC whereas last season it took him a long time to really figure out what he had on our team and what worked against NFL offenses.

TitanHope
08-26-2008, 02:34 PM

Arguably the best division in football will not repeat by sending 3 teams to the playoffs as the Titans will return to 8-8 level. They’ll be a very tough team to play against but I just don’t see them making the playoffs with that secondary and without a serious upgrade in Vince Young’s play at QB. Chris Johnson should be a great weapon to add to VY, but it’s still on Vince’s shoulders to take the next step. Houston is an up and coming team but that defensive backfield will be a mess, especially early in the season. If Dunta were in camp and they had someone at safety I felt could play the centerfield role well I’d be picking them to make the playoffs, however that’s not the case this season and next year this should be a playoff team.

I’ve got the Jags returning to the playoffs. I think they’re D should get a nice boost from Harvey and Groves helping the pass rush and on O I like Gerrard as a game manager and that running game is nasty. I really like this team and they play great tough football, however I don’t think this is the year where they take over for the colts in the regular season, if porter has a renaissance and Williamson starts just wearing Velcro on his gloves they could, but I’m not going to bet on it.

What don't you like about the Titans DB's? Not criticizing your opinion. Just don't see them be the starting point on the team's flaws very often.

As far as not getting 3 teams in, I have no quarrals. Just remember that Buffalo may not have a strong SOS at the end of the season, so if they're tied with an AFCSouth or especially a AFCNorth team for the last WC spot, they'll be on the outside looking in.

CashmoneyDrew
08-26-2008, 02:35 PM
No offense, but do you not know anything about the Titans secondary? It's not a weakness and not even close. If anything is a "weakness" on defense it's how our DE's after KVB will play and depth at DT in case of a Haynesworth injury.

giantsfan
08-26-2008, 02:44 PM
No offense, but do you not know anything about the Titans secondary? It's not a weakness and not even close. If anything is a "weakness" on defense it's how our DE's after KVB will play and depth at DT in case of a Haynesworth injury.

You're secondary isn't good enough to make up for anything less than a very good pass rush, if you guys had Tuck, Osi and Strahan I wouldn't even mention your secondary but with your Dline that secondary will get exposed IMO. Not saying you guys have a bad Dline, I love Fat Albert and KVB is one tough sob, heck I even like both of your draft picks, but that Dline isn't good enough right now to force QBs to hurry enough not to take that secondary apart.

TimD
08-26-2008, 02:46 PM
Not bad but where'd you get your info about the Jets stuff? So far Favre and the o line haven't done anything tho show they won't be at least decent and pace had a monster half last pre season game.

giantsfan
08-26-2008, 02:54 PM
Not bad but where'd you get your info about the Jets stuff? So far Favre and the o line haven't done anything tho show they won't be at least decent and pace had a monster half last pre season game.

Those are opinions. I just don't think Brett, joining the jets this late in the game, will be very effective early in the season, he's got a new coaching staff, new offense to learn, new team-mates to develop chemistry with an entire new organization to get used, for a guy who hasn't had too deal with changing teams in the past decade it'll take a while for him to really get comfortable.

I just can't imagine Woddy being very good at Tackle and oline's almost always need time to develop the level of comfort needed to be a good oline.

As for Pace I think he benefitted greatly from all the different looks Pendergast would throw at defenses and that got him hugely overpaid. He'll be a good OLB in a more traditional 3-4, like Mangini's running, but not a stand out OLB, like he's being paid to be.

TitanHope
08-26-2008, 03:00 PM
You're secondary isn't good enough to make up for anything less than a very good pass rush, if you guys had Tuck, Osi and Strahan I wouldn't even mention your secondary but with your Dline that secondary will get exposed IMO. Not saying you guys have a bad Dline, I love Fat Albert and KVB is one tough sob, heck I even like both of your draft picks, but that Dline isn't good enough right now to force QBs to hurry enough not to take that secondary apart.

You're just restating yourself, and not giving any insight as to why you think what you do. Talk about scheme and talent gauge so that we know that you know what you're talking about and not pulling something out of a hat after looking up Madden ratings or looking at the DB's draft place.

Things about VY and the WR's can go without explanation, but bits about the DEF need to be explained. Especially when there's an inconsistency in opinion and explanation: If the Titans can't rush the passer, have a bad secondary, and have poor QB play, then they'll certainly be worse than their 8-8 record that you have down.

awfullyquiet
08-26-2008, 03:05 PM
Can someone tell me why all the Titans fans get so butt hurt whenever anyone says the slightest negative thing about their team? I mean, it can be the most obvious, seemingly inocuous observation and suddenly they are pulling out their blankie and sippy-cup while huddling in a corner. wtf?

i think this is relevant right now.

awfullyquiet
08-26-2008, 03:07 PM
Not saying you guys have a bad Dline, I love Fat Albert and KVB is one tough sob, heck I even like both of your draft picks, but that Dline isn't good enough right now to force QBs to hurry enough not to take that secondary apart.

ESPECIALLY in the afc south.

I like the titans. They're a good team. They have a good DL. Someone's going to have to lose, and in the comparison to the other AFCS teams, in that area, they don't cut the cake to be an 'elite' defense.

BrownsTown
08-26-2008, 03:23 PM
You stole my avy! Now I have to find a new one :(

TitanHope
08-26-2008, 03:38 PM
ESPECIALLY in the afc south.

I like the titans. They're a good team. They have a good DL. Someone's going to have to lose, and in the comparison to the other AFCS teams, in that area, they don't cut the cake to be an 'elite' defense.

AFCS Pro Bowlers returning to their team's DL:

Colts: 0
Jags: 0
Texans: 0
Titans: 2

I mean, I know I'm more of an english type of guy, but my math isn't that bad.

Anyway, as soon as someone can come up with something else besides, "I think this is the Texans year. They do have Amobi Okoye after all, and he should be better," I'll keep on rebuffing with, "Haynesworth eats babies, KVB looks like Meanie off of The Waterboy, and Jevon Kearse was awesome 6 years ago, so he's about due for a great season."

SuperMcGee
08-26-2008, 05:00 PM
More Bills playoff talk, eh?
I don't know if some of the guys on our defense are going to be quite as good as you think they might, especially McKelvin.
On the line, Stroud should help a ton, yes. Schobel is always solid, and even if Ellis gets a respectable amount of time, the guy for this year is Kelsay. I can't shake the feeling that he is going to have a very good year, regardless of his inability to make an open field tackle. Not quite Schobel level, but about what we all wanted him to be.

awfullyquiet
08-26-2008, 05:14 PM

Sorry. I was trying to make a reference to DL vs OL.

Your DL isn't THAT overpowering to give you the edge on your DB's. Yes, you were okay against the colts last year (meaning it took a boot from bironas to win), but that doesn't mean your defense was great.

Your DL while good, isn't better than the jags or colts OL. Even the texans are getting up there (but they have issues running, but that's neither here nor there)... That's more my point.

BlindSite
08-26-2008, 05:15 PM
Those are opinions. I just don't think Brett, joining the jets this late in the game, will be very effective early in the season, he's got a new coaching staff, new offense to learn, new team-mates to develop chemistry with an entire new organization to get used, for a guy who hasn't had too deal with changing teams in the past decade it'll take a while for him to really get comfortable.

I tend to agree with the sentiments on Favre, he arrived and though he performed well isn't really at his peak readiness. I can see him performing poorly through a few games and then bouncing back around week 6 or 7.

fenikz
08-26-2008, 05:56 PM
hey we have won a playoff game more recently then the cowboys

Dave
08-26-2008, 06:32 PM
Im surprised people even care about Tennesee, their constantly one or two injuries from being in shambles. Their season is ruined as soon as one defensive starter falls, and I bet that'll happen in the next two to three weeks. Here's my prediction: Titan's fans go so crazy over the possibility for an above .500 season that karma forces all their defensive starters to simply die.

Menardo75
08-26-2008, 06:34 PM
Im surprised people even care about Tennesee, their constantly one or two injuries from being in shambles. Their season is ruined as soon as one defensive starter falls, and I bet that'll happen in the next two to three weeks. Here's my prediction: Titan's fans go so crazy over the possibility for an above .500 season that karma forces all their defensive starters to simply die.

It seems like thought no matter what happens they are always in the playoffs or always have a near winning record

BigJohn98
08-26-2008, 07:10 PM
You have the Jags going all the way? +Rep.

CC.SD
08-26-2008, 07:21 PM
hey we have won a playoff game more recently then the cowboys

o sick burn.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
08-26-2008, 08:52 PM

I mean, I know I'm more of an english type of guy, but my math isn't that bad.

Anyway, as soon as someone can come up with something else besides, "I think this is the Texans year. They do have Amobi Okoye after all, and he should be better," I'll keep on rebuffing with, "Haynesworth eats babies, KVB looks like Meanie off of The Waterboy, and Jevon Kearse was awesome 6 years ago, so he's about due for a great season."

Too bad the best(and two best if healthy) DL in the division aren't on Tennessee. But hey, Roy Williams is one of the NFL's best safeties, I agree.

CashmoneyDrew
08-26-2008, 10:54 PM

Uhhh.... well our defense is kind of built around our best defensive player so if he does get hurt there's no surprise when there's a drop off in production.

It seems like thought no matter what happens they are always in the playoffs or always have a near winning record

Exactly. Jeff Fisher>Sal Paolantonio

Too bad the best(and two best if healthy) DL in the division aren't on Tennessee. But hey, Roy Williams is one of the NFL's best safeties, I agree.

I might buy John Henderson over Haynesworth but KVB has produced more than one great year unlike super mario and supports against the run better than Dwight Freeney IMO. KVB is also probably more valuable to the Titans success than Dwight Freeney is to the Colts as well.

As for the OP, I'd still like to know why the Titans secondary is as bad as you claim when we have one of the best safety combos in the league and a rising star in Finnegan with Nick Harper as a solid veteran.

And DMWSackmachine what do you care? I'm defending my team from what I think is unfair criticism that the critic didn't even explain how he got that opinion. Wouldn't you do the same for your team?

Addict
08-27-2008, 03:10 AM
And DMWSackmachine what do you care? I'm defending my team from what I think is unfair criticism that the critic didn't even explain how he got that opinion. Wouldn't you do the same for your team?

you know what the titans need? A few losing seasons, then maybe they'll stop jumping on every single critic. It works fairly well for the Lions.

Saints-Tigers
08-27-2008, 04:45 AM
I dunno how I would rank them totally as players, or over a career, but if we are assuming they carry over last year's level of play, I thought in the handful of Titans games I watched that Albert Haynesworth was pretty clearly the most dominant defender in the league.

I dunno what all the advanced stats on like football outsiders and stuff say, but just eyeballing it, he was my DPOY.

Iamcanadian
08-27-2008, 06:39 AM
Canít call this a truths thread as a noob, but here are my guess and explanations for how this season will go down:

NFC East will send 3 teams to the playoffsÖagain.
Dallas is one of the most talented teams in the NFL and despite a weak head coach should role through the regular season with their stellar offense led by that nasty oline and passing game, as well as a D which should be much better in the secondary, letting Wade and that D to attack more and create more pressure, I think Spencer will be very effective stepping in opposite Ware.

The Gmen were one of the youngest teams last season when we won the superbowl last year, our youngsters should be even better and while we did lose some major veterans we still have our leader on D, O and a more a confident QB. Spags is my favorite DC in the league due to how he moves people around and loves to attack and I think the D will be much more consistent this season giving the offense more room for error. Losing Osi will mean we wonít be dominating people with our pass rush, but the D as whole is better this season at the other positions and spags has a better grasp of attacking NFL offenses.

I like the skins draft and think the addition of Taylor will help that pass D a lot, but this isnít the season yet where they step up and become one of the NFC East elite. I donít think Campbellís ready yet to lead them throughout the season especially with a new coach and OC. Also that pass d will be better but should still have major issues. Washington will be tough, but in the end I donít think theyíre ready to take that step.

Philly is a team I like a lot to surprise this season. McNabb has had serious health issues but atm he looks to be healthy and the player he was before. If he goes down I think Kevin Kolb will be a very effective. However in the end this team will win games on the back of Brian Westbrook and that improved D.

---I see the Giants failing to make the Playoffs. Not even NE could overcome the curse that awaits teams trying to get back to the Super Bowl right after they win their 1st one. NE had its worst season under Brady after winning their first.
I also don't think you can simply replace Osi and Strahan, one but not both. The Giant's pass rush which protected any weaknesses in their defense just isn't going to be that effective especially without Osi.
I think the Giants will really struggle.
Philly will go as far as McNabb will carry them, if he gets hurt they are done and expecting Kolb to be solid is very questionable at best.
Washington will suffer from Gibbs retirement and may just fall back aways leaving only Dallas as the only sure thing to make the Playoffs.

Dallas will be the only repeat division champs in the NFC
I like the Packers a lot, but this season I think the NFC north is very tightly grouped at the top and Iím personally a believer that minny will have a big year, especially later in the season when teams are starting to get worn down that Dline will wreck havoc and the offense will be able to move the ball on the ground and Jackson will do just enough to carry them into the playoffs once he and berrian start to click as well as him and rice should be all season.

---I think Minny will take the Division quite easily if Jackson and Peterson stay healthy. I was expecting Jackson to take a quantum leap this season but he's injured so that is questionable. Peterson hasn't finished the last 3 seasons healthy so he too is very questionable.
I don't expect a lot out of Rodgers. I think people's expectations are way off base especially with the pressure on him to replace Favre. Green Bay IMO, will be very lucky to get 8 wins. Of course if Minny isn't healthy, 8 wins could take this weak Division. Even Chicago cannot be discounted.

I like Seattleís D and have a lot of respect for Matt Hasselback but I have a bad feeling about the hawks who still donít have a running back whoíll force teams to not key on Hasselback and the injuries to their top 2 receivers to start the season just makes me very uneasy. Iíve got the cards winning that division with a defense thatíll be even better under the guide of Clancy Pendergast, my second favorite DC in the league. They have a lot of versatile people and will show teams a lot of looks. I expect serious improvement in the oline, which will give Warner more comfort in the pocket. This Anquan Boldin situation is a little thorny, but I think he plays out this season and gets dealt next off-season if he keeps griping.

---The Cards had a shot if Leinart could have proven ready to take the next step. His failure to win the starting job puts Arizona back to square one. Arizona isn't going to give Seattle much of a run with Warner at QB. He turns the ball over way too much.

While the Bucs have a great young oline and have been re-loading on D I still am not a believer. I think the Saints take that division convincingly as Payton will get the most out of Shockey and Brees should be an MVP contender, especially if Meachum can make an impact in the regular season. That D has improved the front 7 a lot, and if Grant is efficient trying to reproduce the Tuck role, I think theyíre pass rush will be a legit concern for good teams. Their secondary leaves a lot to be desired but they have a lot of solid guys and against most teams throwing double coverage at the oppositions #1 and bringing heat should help cover up the individual deficiencies of their DBs. Overall I like their depth, just not their top end talent.

---I agree, this should be the Saint's year but I won't be shocked to see Tampa in the playoffs as I think the NFC East could suffer a letdown due to injuries and other factors.

Arguably the best division in football will not repeat by sending 3 teams to the playoffs as the Titans will return to 8-8 level. Theyíll be a very tough team to play against but I just donít see them making the playoffs with that secondary and without a serious upgrade in Vince Youngís play at QB. Chris Johnson should be a great weapon to add to VY, but itís still on Vinceís shoulders to take the next step. Houston is an up and coming team but that defensive backfield will be a mess, especially early in the season. If Dunta were in camp and they had someone at safety I felt could play the centerfield role well Iíd be picking them to make the playoffs, however thatís not the case this season and next year this should be a playoff team.

---I think you are underestimating the schedule that awaits the AFC South. Their schedule looks pretty weak IMO so indeed you could see 3 teams return to the playoffs. Houston will challenge for the Division crown if Peyton isn't healthy. I think they will battle Jacksonville right down to the end. Their DL is going to hide a lot of weaknesses in the secondary just like it did for the Giants. Garrard still has to prove that last season wasn't a fluke. Even if he is only an average QB, they will still challenge Houston but I don't think it is a sure thing.

Iíve got the Jags returning to the playoffs. I think theyíre D should get a nice boost from Harvey and Groves helping the pass rush and on O I like Gerrard as a game manager and that running game is nasty. I really like this team and they play great tough football, however I donít think this is the year where they take over for the colts in the regular season, if porter has a renaissance and Williamson starts just wearing Velcro on his gloves they could, but Iím not going to bet on it.

---I don't think Harvey will help this team much this coming season. Holding out will really cost him which could create a serious problem for their pass rush. I suspect Jacksonville won't have the season people are expecting.

Buffalo will take the second wildcard
Iím not a bills fan but I really like the way that team is looking. Marcus Stroud and health should do wonders for that defense as they should be much better at stuffing the run, between the return of poz and the addition of Stroud I think itíll be a much improved run D. Their secondary is very young but I see McKelvin have a quicker impact than many expect as heís been being mentored by the leader of that secondary, donte whitner, since heís come into town. If Stroud can draw some attention from the edges I think Schobel will have a career year, McCargo will take a big step and Ellis will excel as a situational pass rusher. On O theyíve got a nasty oline blocking for a great combo at running back of Marshawn Lynch and Freddy J. Trent is going to be a very effective QB and we should see him taking more shots downfield to Evans than last year without having to force things like JP does. Plus I think that once Hardy starts seeing the field his size alone will force teams to alter the spacing of their secondary and make things easier for midgets like Roscoe Parrish and Lee Evans. Theyíll be one and done but at least theyíll make the playoffs and end that drought.

---I am a Buffalo fan but I think it will be a real struggle for the Bills to make the playoffs unless Brady just isn't healthy. McKelvin won't start in the secondary but will be very solid as a KR. He will play nickle this season unless injuries force him into a starting role. Stroud hasn't been healthy for awhile now so expecting him to have a completely healthy season is doubtful. Edwards is only in his second year as a starter and while I love his potential, he is still going to have up and down games. I think you also are overvaluing their other rookies. They have a shot but we'll have to see.

Cleveland doesnít rock
The Steelers have a ridiculous schedule and serious questions about that olineís ability to keep Big Ben form getting hammered, however I still like them more than the Browns. I think DA is too much of gunslinger to make it through the winter and expect the offense to score a lot of points but also turn the ball over a lot and have issues controlling the clock and the ball, as I donít see Jamal Lewis having another good year on the ground. On D the Browns upgraded their D line but itíll still take some time for Rogers to get used to the 3-4 nose and I still donít see where theyíre going to get a pass rush from outside of Whimbley to help cover up for the inexperience at corner. Cleveland proved they werenít a laughing stock last season, but I donít think they come close to matching that 10 wins from last season and I have Pittsburgh winning both of the head to head match ups.

---If DA can match last season, Cleveland will have a shot but I agree that Pittsburg overall is a much more solid team and way more experienced than Cleveland. The Schedule will also be difficult for Cleveland although injuries appear to be softening the blow.

The San Diego Super Chargers will not win the Superbowl
San Diego might very well be the most talented team in the NFL, but with Norv Turner as their Head coach that might not matter. LT will have to carry the load again as I donít see any of their backups having much success spelling him too effectively and I just donít think a team can have the resiliency to win a Superbowl without a good leader and Norv is not a good leader, offensive genius maybe, but not a leader of men. Theyíll be back in the playoffs and itíll be between them and Jacksonville to see who represents the AFC in the Superbowl, but I just canít see this team going all the way.

---I totally agree with your assessment of San Diego and with Merriman gone for the season, the Chargers may really struggle.

Canít not mention Favre
I love Brett Favre but heís not going to turn the Jets around alone. Heís got to adjust to a new scheme and organization while the team needs the oline to gel with the two new additions, Woody is going to be a terrible fit at RT BTW, and their pass rush should get better but Pace wonít have the same type of year as last season and Gholston wonít be an instant impact pass rusher so while the Jets will be a better team, the playoffs arenít within their grasps yet.

---I think the Jets will in the end, give the Bills a real race for #2 but I agree that Favre may struggle in the beginning facing a new coaching staff and a new offense or just maybe he will be highly modivated to succeed and prove everybody wrong.

NFC Playoff outlook
The Vikings are my pick to represent the NFC, in the Superbowl. Theyíre a team thatíll really take off in the second half of the season and get on a role that should carry them past the Saints, Boys and G-men into the Superbowl. The Cards will beat the eagles in the wildcard round and get their first playoff win in forever but thatíll be it for the Arizona faithful.

---Here we are miles apart. I don't think Jackson is at that point although I think he will be in a few years. Peterson's ability to stay healthy is a real concern and their season will rest on it.
I see no way Arizona even gets to the playoffs so predicting winning one playoff game just isn't in the cards.

AFC Playoff Outlook
In the AFC Iíve got the Jags progressing as I see that D doing some big things, theyíll be able to run the ball, have a great turnover margin and get enough big plays to win. New Englandís secondary worries me and I think the offense takes a step back from last yearís level of nastiness. The Colts are an elite team, but I think Jacksonville will have momentum and know how to beat them. Chargers could spoil my Superbowl pick, in which case Iíd have the Vikings lifting the Lombardi trophy, but I like the Jags to go all of the way.

---I don't agree and I'm not even completely sold on Jacksonville as a playoff team. Harvey's holdout will make him practically useless this year and their pass rush won't be anything to write home about. Where are the WR's to keep teams honest on defense. They will stuff the box and force the Jags to beat them through the air. Their offense is too one dimensional to be a top team.

TitanHope
08-27-2008, 05:10 PM
Sorry. I was trying to make a reference to DL vs OL.

Your DL isn't THAT overpowering to give you the edge on your DB's. Yes, you were okay against the colts last year (meaning it took a boot from bironas to win), but that doesn't mean your defense was great.

Your DL while good, isn't better than the jags or colts OL. Even the texans are getting up there (but they have issues running, but that's neither here nor there)... That's more my point.

It's all good. I just think that our DB's are at worst 3rd in division rank, and in my opinion, 2nd in our division. The Jags have Mathis, but I think Finnegan, Griffin, and Hope make them a better group than the guys back there with Mathis.

As far as the DL, it was overpowering last year, and has shown no signs of not being that way this year. We did lose Antwan Odom, but Kearse was brought in and Jason Jones was drafted in the 2nd RD. DT depth will be even better this year now that Antonio Johnson is healthy and Jason Jones will be playing UT frequently.

A lot was made over losing 3 DL's in the offseason, but both Odom and LaBoy were very injury proned. Odom was injured in minicamp for the Bengals, and LaBoy was benched by the Cardinals early in TC. The DT that went to the Dolphins (name slips my mind) got mauled at the line every time he played, and was a big reason for the let down after Haynesworth was injured.

I'm just confused as to why our DEF has taken such a step back after replacing the over-rated talent that was lost. The Jags and Colts have good OL, but they've lost starters on a unit that didn't play especially well against the Titans front 7 last year to begin with.

Don't insult AH and KVB by comparing them to Roy Williams. They earned their bids last year. They were great all season, unlike Mario Williams who was great for 10 games. Dwight Freeney is the best pass-rusher in the division, but KVB and Mario Williams are better all-around DE's. Haynesworth was a DPOY candidate last year, so aside from the hypocritical argument of his season being a fluke - you can't say Mario Williams is among the best DL in the division after him having only one great season and then say Haynesworth isn't - I don't see how you can objectively argue he isn't.

you know what the titans need? A few losing seasons, then maybe they'll stop jumping on every single critic. It works fairly well for the Lions.

Eh, this is the first time I've corrected someone this year. I brush off the VY-WR cracks, and even the LenWhale jokes, but I'll be damned if someone insults the DEF! It's all us Titans fans have! :P

awfullyquiet
08-27-2008, 05:15 PM
---I don't agree and I'm not even completely sold on Jacksonville as a playoff team. Harvey's holdout will make him practically useless this year and their pass rush won't be anything to write home about. Where are the WR's to keep teams honest on defense. They will stuff the box and force the Jags to beat them through the air. Their offense is too one dimensional to be a top team.

But their offense isn't any worse than last year, and with a clear cut starter in Garrard? The offense isn't as bad as you could imagine it. The Defense will respect the pass and the plodding movements of the Jags on offense.

Harvey though, won't start, but will provide depth anyway, which is good.

awfullyquiet
08-27-2008, 05:31 PM
As far as the DL, it was overpowering last year, and has shown no signs of not being that way this year. We did lose Antwan Odom, but Kearse was brought in and Jason Jones was drafted in the 2nd RD. DT depth will be even better this year now that Antonio Johnson is healthy and Jason Jones will be playing UT frequently.

overpowering?

listen TitanHope. Your defense isn't dominating. Last year it wasn't even the best defense in the AFC South. The only thing you should ever be comparing it to, is the teams you play half your schedule against. Your defense is less dominating than the colts. Who are (for reasons i cannot EVER figure out), always ranked near the top. The texans are better in the front seven and the jags are pretty much equal with greater potential than the titans. Kearse is past his prime, and the fact is is that the weak sauce on your team is: ding ding ding ding ding... your back four. I'm not going to critisize your front seven. It's very good. KVB and Albert are top notch. Bulluck is great. F

I'm just confused as to why our DEF has taken such a step back after replacing the over-rated talent that was lost. The Jags and Colts have good OL, but they've lost starters on a unit that didn't play especially well against the Titans front 7 last year to begin with.

Finnegan is good. If this is his max potential, i'd say, y'all got a great deal on a solid #2. But Nick Harper? Are you kidding. No. No no no. Chris Hope... the same chris hope of Chris Hope Football Simulator 2005 fame? I really do think that says enough. He's servicible, as well as Griffin at FS. Not his best spot imo, but, he gets the job done there with his athleticism.

Eh, this is the first time I've corrected someone this year. I brush off the VY-WR cracks, and even the LenWhale jokes, but I'll be damned if someone insults the DEF! It's all us Titans fans have! :P

*le sigh* oh lenwhale white. how i miss your flub. i'm sure he'd be better if he bulked up to 270 and became an elite FB.

MetSox17
08-27-2008, 06:24 PM
*le sigh* oh lenwhale white. How i miss your flub. I'm sure he'd be better if he bulked up to 270 and became an elite FB.

IncredibleDraftDude? Is that you?!

CC.SD
08-27-2008, 06:32 PM
IncredibleDraftDude? Is that you?!

Lendale to Nose Tackle!!! Quadruple team!

smittyjs
08-27-2008, 07:27 PM

I agree with what you said are record is going to be, but are d-line pretty damn good, Tony brown and fat albert make up a really good dt combination, and kearse has looked really good, KVB is a beast, depth is weak but jones has looked good for a rookie, griffin and hope form one of the top safety tandems in the league and we have really good depth there, are starting CB's are good, cortland finnegan is one of the better young CB out there and harper is still good, but is losing any speed he had and finding his replacement soon is a must. Depth is weak. Not a top 5 unit, but pretty if not a top 10 unit, are really only true weakness is a weak offense.

CashmoneyDrew
08-27-2008, 08:20 PM
Titans fans unite!!!!!

Hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

TitanHope
08-28-2008, 01:13 PM
All we need is TitanAddict here to be the uber-homer and Ewing to post something that warrants him another ban. ^^

overpowering?

listen TitanHope. Your defense isn't dominating. Last year it wasn't even the best defense in the AFC South. The only thing you should ever be comparing it to, is the teams you play half your schedule against. Your defense is less dominating than the colts. Who are (for reasons i cannot EVER figure out), always ranked near the top. The texans are better in the front seven and the jags are pretty much equal with greater potential than the titans. Kearse is past his prime, and the fact is is that the weak sauce on your team is: ding ding ding ding ding... your back four. I'm not going to critisize your front seven. It's very good. KVB and Albert are top notch. Bulluck is great. F

Aew, quit playing man! Quit yo playin'!

The Titans DEF was the most physical defense in the league last year. To the point of being dirty. They were 5th in the league - not the division - in the league in total DEF. They ranked 5th in run-defense and their weak sauce DB's were 10th in pass-defense. Oh, and they were 8th in scoring-defense as well. Compare that to the division.

Houston was 24th in total defense, 19th in run defense, 25th in pass defense, and 22nd in scoring defense. Haynesworth and Vanden Bosch alone had 18 sacks. Mario Williams, Amobi Okoye, Travis Johnson, and N.D. Kalu combined for 22.5. Houston's front 4 didn't even miss significant time. They missed a combined 2 games. Hell, Haynesworth alone missed 3 games. As for their LB's, are you kidding me? Demeco Ryans is over-rated. He stayed the same or performed worse at every statistical category last year. He's a good young player with a bright future, but in no way is he good enough to make up for Morlon Greenwood nor Zac Diles's (who?) deficiencies. Meanwhile, the Titans have the two best OLB's in the division in Keith Bulluck and David Thornton who more than make up for the weakness at MIKE.

The Jags weren't equal with us last year. The Titans DEF was better. The Jags were 12th in total defense, 11th in run defense, 15th in pass defense, and 10th in scoring defense - all of which are worse than the Titans. Potential is all subjective, and until the Jags are winning games because of perceived perception, then it will be irrelevant.

The Colts were the only team that had a better DEF within the division. They were 2nd in total defense, 15th in run defense, 2nd in pass defense, and 1st in scoring defense. If their defense is a Mercedes, then ours is a BMW.

Saying the secondary is the weak point of the DEF is like saying the whipped cream is the worst part of a sundae. Please, the secondary will be just fine. As I've shown, half of the Titans DL is just as good as another team's entire starting 4, despite what you claimed. With the kind of concentrated pressure, history will repeat itself and even an outdated Jevon Kearse can be successful when teams are having to use at least 3 blockers on the opposite side of the line.

Finnegan is good. If this is his max potential, i'd say, y'all got a great deal on a solid #2. But Nick Harper? Are you kidding. No. No no no. Chris Hope... the same chris hope of Chris Hope Football Simulator 2005 fame? I really do think that says enough. He's servicible, as well as Griffin at FS. Not his best spot imo, but, he gets the job done there with his athleticism.

Finnegan hasn't reached his potential. This way his first year starting, yet he lead the team in PD's and was 2nd in tackles. Plus, he has an uncanny ability to get under a WR's skin. He's secured himself as the #1 CB. Nick Harper had the second best year of his career last year - 11 PD's, 3 INT's, and 78 tackles - and missed 2 games to boot. He's not a lockdown corner, but he's great in run support and can handle the #2 CB just fine. As for Chris Hope, you must be mistaken. I have no clue what football simulator you're talking about, but Hope has thrived since arriving in Tennessee. He's in his natural position at SS, and had an absolute monster year in his first year here (121 tackles, 5 INT's, 1 DEF TD, 15 PD's). He sustained a season ending injury last year, and was well on his way to an average season at worse. Your analysis on Michael Griffin just shows your misconception of the safety tandem even more. Griffin became the starter at FS in week 7, unlike the other 1st RD safety in the division, Reggie Nelson. Nelson ended up having the better year statistically, but, lets look at their last 5 games of the season when both have had time to acclimate to the NFL:

Griffin: 27 tackles, 3 INT's, 5 PD's
Nelson: 13 tackles, 2 INT's, 3 PD's

By no means is Griffin out of position at FS. It's the position he played at Texas. And as you can see, he thrived at the end of the season, which should have been around week 7-week 12 portion of the season. This trend even carried into the playoffs, where Griffin had 7 tackles (all solo's) and 1 PD in one game, while Reggie Nelson had 9 tackles (7 solo's, 2 assisted) and 0 PD's. In comparison, Nelson had a better overall year but in relation, Griffin started later and ended the season better than Nelson did. Griff is the most talented player in the secondary, and it's almost a shame as he's a beast of a gunner.

Don't believe the hype. This is an actual NFL Truths post, as those are da facts, Jack.

IceKubes
08-28-2008, 01:26 PM
Houston was 24th in total defense, 19th in run defense, 25th in pass defense, and 22nd in scoring defense. Haynesworth and Vanden Bosch alone had 18 sacks. Mario Williams, Amobi Okoye, Travis Johnson, and N.D. Kalu combined for 22.5.

Funny that you compare Vanden Bosch and Haynseworth sack numbers to four guys when all you need to do is this: KVB plus Haynesworth 18, Williams and Okoye alone, 19.5.

I'm not saying the Texans D will be better than the Titans D by any means, I'm a big fan of your D but a couple other notes to go with all these numbers:

2004: 27.4 ppg allowed
2005: 26.3 ppg allowed
2006: 25 ppg allowed

It wasn't so long ago that not only was the Titans defense bad, it was one of the worst in the league on a consistent basis. Obviously things have changed but the question is what exactly changed it? The answer most people give is that Haynesworth finally exploded but if thats the case its just a matter of time for the Texans before Okoye explodes as Mario already has. Also, as much as everyone likes to point out how injury prone Odom and Laboy were they combined for about 14 or so sacks last year so its yet to be seen if the rookies and Freak part 2 can get the job done. Personally I think you will be fine and then some but a small dropoff is not out of the question. Also nothing about DeMeco Ryans is overrated thats ridiculous.

yourfavestoner
08-28-2008, 03:52 PM
But their offense isn't any worse than last year, and with a clear cut starter in Garrard? The offense isn't as bad as you could imagine it. The Defense will respect the pass and the plodding movements of the Jags on offense.

Harvey though, won't start, but will provide depth anyway, which is good.

Exactly. In the second half of last season, we were the second highest scoring offense in the league - behind only New England. People don't respect the Jags because they don't watch them.

Geo
08-28-2008, 05:03 PM
Interesting tidbit: the Jaguars never scored more than 29 points on the road last regular season. The 29 points was at Pittsburgh in Week 15, where they scored 31 points in the wild card playoff rematch a month or so later.

smittyjs
08-28-2008, 08:01 PM
Funny that you compare Vanden Bosch and Haynseworth sack numbers to four guys when all you need to do is this: KVB plus Haynesworth 18, Williams and Okoye alone, 19.5.

I'm not saying the Texans D will be better than the Titans D by any means, I'm a big fan of your D but a couple other notes to go with all these numbers:

2004: 27.4 ppg allowed
2005: 26.3 ppg allowed
2006: 25 ppg allowed

It wasn't so long ago that not only was the Titans defense bad, it was one of the worst in the league on a consistent basis. Obviously things have changed but the question is what exactly changed it? The answer most people give is that Haynesworth finally exploded but if thats the case its just a matter of time for the Texans before Okoye explodes as Mario already has. Also, as much as everyone likes to point out how injury prone Odom and Laboy were they combined for about 14 or so sacks last year so its yet to be seen if the rookies and Freak part 2 can get the job done. Personally I think you will be fine and then some but a small dropoff is not out of the question. Also nothing about DeMeco Ryans is overrated thats ridiculous.
Ford has looked great in camp at DE to, if kearse stay healthy we will be fine.

giantsfan
09-05-2008, 04:42 PM
Finnegan is a very good young corner for you guys, but I don't think he's a guy you can trust against number one receivers without a lot of help. He'll silence most number twos if that's how they're going to us him, but if they leave him on number 1s without help he'll get beaten.

And Nick harper as a starter? This guy's slower than sam madison at this point and is alright if you're only going to use him 2s, but even then he'll need help regularly. Fortunately the titans have griffin who can just fly around that secondary and hope so they have good help deep, but they have little depth and I just don't trust those corners without help.

I can't believe people still think Javon Kearse is a dependable starting end, if he's still a fraction of the player he was for the little time he's healthy i'll be surprised. I like their draft picks potential to help the pass rush down the line, I actually wanted the giants to draft jones if there weren't 2 dbs who'd excell in our system, and think he'll be great as a physical DE and explosive pass rusher at UT but I don't expect much impact this season.

Between the average corners and just solid pass rush that pass D is a big weakness in my eyes. Especially if a team is ahead and starts running a lot to control the clock, if that happens and haynesworth isn't beasting out the titans will have to really expose themselves and with an offense that won't be a quick strike offense that will be a major problem. Now Cortland could prove to be a legit number one corner you can trust to truly contain a #1 WR without much help and the corner depth steps up and the pass rush is significantly improved then I'd feel comfortable about your pass D, as it is I only see your defense being good enough to make you playoff contenders if Haynesworth is beastly every game, you stay very healthy and everyone who's unproven steps up in their roles.

awfullyquiet
09-05-2008, 04:48 PM
Interesting tidbit: the Jaguars never scored more than 29 points on the road last regular season. The 29 points was at Pittsburgh in Week 15, where they scored 31 points in the wild card playoff rematch a month or so later.

Interesting tidbit: it doesn't matter how much you score, as long as you score more than your opponent.

the case to be made is, can they still dominate inside with just henderson? if they're marginally better on offense and marginally worse on defense... well. that remains to be said.

giantsfan
09-05-2008, 05:18 PM

I think even with the hold out the jags will have much better situational passrushing this season. As the season wears on I think Harvey and Groves will be very effective on passing downs, but then again I was very high on Harvey as a prospect and expect big things from him.

Teams won't just put 8 in the box to shut down the jags running game they'll put 8 in the box because that's the only way they'll have a chance to stop the jags running game. Gerrard is a smart, mobile and accurate QB with a good arm and a good release, he doesn't have to air it out much to keep the chains moving and ultimately that's going to be his job.

---I see the Giants failing to make the Playoffs. Not even NE could overcome the curse that awaits teams trying to get back to the Super Bowl right after they win their 1st one. NE had its worst season under Brady after winning their first.
I also don't think you can simply replace Osi and Strahan, one but not both. The Giant's pass rush which protected any weaknesses in their defense just isn't going to be that effective especially without Osi.
I think the Giants will really struggle.
Philly will go as far as McNabb will carry them, if he gets hurt they are done and expecting Kolb to be solid is very questionable at best.
Washington will suffer from Gibbs retirement and may just fall back aways leaving only Dallas as the only sure thing to make the Playoffs.

Tom Coughlin is still the coach of this team, and our success will only make players buy into the system even more. And I expect our defense to be a much more well rounded unit this season as our secondary is much improved over the one that started last season and our linebacker depth is better as well. Clearly the losses of Osi and Strahan will mean our pass rush isn't far and away the best in the league, however our pass rush will still be good between kiwi and tuck on the outiside, more creative blitzing from spags who'll have another year to adjust his scheme and a greater familiarity for the players. A part of me is hoping that we fail this season just to keep spags around so he can replace coughlin as head coach when ever coughlin retires. In summary I just don't think the offense will let us down, we'll have a top 10 rushing attack, elite oline, clutch QB, for all of his INTs in his career he's been incredibly clutch, enough good weapons to stay balanced and the defense will be middle of the road. We won't repeat but the playoffs aren't out of our reach. We've made the playoffs 3 straight years now and this was the first season we had all those pass rushers playing well together, as the previous season tuck missed the entire seaosn and strahan missed half of it, the year before that we didn't have kiwi and tuck was a no name rookie. I think we'll be one and done this season and use that, health, another year for our young players and another draft for reece to stock up this roster to fuel a run back to the NFC title game in the 2009-2010 season.

---I think Minny will take the Division quite easily if Jackson and Peterson stay healthy. I was expecting Jackson to take a quantum leap this season but he's injured so that is questionable. Peterson hasn't finished the last 3 seasons healthy so he too is very questionable.
I don't expect a lot out of Rodgers. I think people's expectations are way off base especially with the pressure on him to replace Favre. Green Bay IMO, will be very lucky to get 8 wins. Of course if Minny isn't healthy, 8 wins could take this weak Division. Even Chicago cannot be discounted.

Rodgers will be an effective QB and that offense will be good, but he'll make mistakes that first time starters make, it's inevitable and that'll be what costs the packers in teh tight race up north. I'm also a Tarvaris believer and think he'll learn a lot from last season mistakes and develop better chemistry now that he's more comfortable with the playbook.

---The Cards had a shot if Leinart could have proven ready to take the next step. His failure to win the starting job puts Arizona back to square one. Arizona isn't going to give Seattle much of a run with Warner at QB. He turns the ball over way too much.

He turns the ball over a lot but if the oline and running game are better this season he won't be as critical and he'll have more time in the pocket. I'm also a big fan of their defense and think it'll be on par with seattle's this season.

---I agree, this should be the Saint's year but I won't be shocked to see Tampa in the playoffs as I think the NFC East could suffer a letdown due to injuries and other factors.

I'm not a Tampa Bay believer as I don't like the passing game and if that suffers at all the running game will have to carry a greater responsibility which i'm not sure it can. On defense I like the young guys and the re-tooling that's been going on but it's still not a finished product and I just can't see them being such a good position as they were last season again.

---I think you are underestimating the schedule that awaits the AFC South. Their schedule looks pretty weak IMO so indeed you could see 3 teams return to the playoffs. Houston will challenge for the Division crown if Peyton isn't healthy. I think they will battle Jacksonville right down to the end. Their DL is going to hide a lot of weaknesses in the secondary just like it did for the Giants. Garrard still has to prove that last season wasn't a fluke. Even if he is only an average QB, they will still challenge Houston but I don't think it is a sure thing.

See above for my thoughts on jacksonville. I like the texans a lot but at the moment they just don't have enough weapons to make up for a secondary which'll be missing dunta for half the season and has simply terrible safeties. Duane Brown's still adjusting to the NFL and Schaub needs to stay healthy and get comfortable in the pocket.

---I don't think Harvey will help this team much this coming season. Holding out will really cost him which could create a serious problem for their pass rush. I suspect Jacksonville won't have the season people are expecting.

---I am a Buffalo fan but I think it will be a real struggle for the Bills to make the playoffs unless Brady just isn't healthy. McKelvin won't start in the secondary but will be very solid as a KR. He will play nickle this season unless injuries force him into a starting role. Stroud hasn't been healthy for awhile now so expecting him to have a completely healthy season is doubtful. Edwards is only in his second year as a starter and while I love his potential, he is still going to have up and down games. I think you also are overvaluing their other rookies. They have a shot but we'll have to see.

He'll start at the nickel, but i think towards the second half of the season the light will really go on for him and he'll win a starting spot. Stroud just needs to be part of the rotation for the bills as they have a lot of high motor guys they'll be able to rotate in inside. Along the edges Schobel will help draw attention from Stroud and on Passing downs I'm hoping Ellis can prove to be effective. Edwards will have up and down games but this team will be very up and down during the season as they'll run hot and cold, I just think that this year they'll get their bounces and make the most out of the oppurtunities which present themselves.

---If DA can match last season, Cleveland will have a shot but I agree that Pittsburg overall is a much more solid team and way more experienced than Cleveland. The Schedule will also be difficult for Cleveland although injuries appear to be softening the blow.

I don't think DA can match last season.

---I think the Jets will in the end, give the Bills a real race for #2 but I agree that Favre may struggle in the beginning facing a new coaching staff and a new offense or just maybe he will be highly modivated to succeed and prove everybody wrong.

I think the jets will be tough in the second half of the season but i think they'll be pretty ugly early as they adjust.

---Here we are miles apart. I don't think Jackson is at that point although I think he will be in a few years. Peterson's ability to stay healthy is a real concern and their season will rest on it.
I see no way Arizona even gets to the playoffs so predicting winning one playoff game just isn't in the cards.

I think Jackson will be have much better chemistry with his receivers and team-mates this season since he's already had experience with the playbook and nfl speed. I think he takes the next step and becomes a solid QB who's still learning and improving every game.