PDA

View Full Version : Verron Haynes Cut

Smooth Criminal
03-01-2007, 04:01 PM
Saw it in the official FA thread on the NFL Page.

PFT says we are close to a deal with Najeh.

Mr. Stiller
03-01-2007, 04:05 PM
Saw it in the official FA thread on the NFL Page.

PFT says we are close to a deal with Najeh.

Wow, I thought Colbert said we weren't pursuing Najeh.

Although I find this funny. Because I posted this happening in a mock earlier and Man_of_Steel thought I was a lunatic.

Bring on Sammy Morris and Antwan Peek.

PITTSBURGH (Ticker) -- Coach Bill Cowher left on his own accord. Linebacker Joey Porter was shown the door.

Less than a month-and-a-half into the Mike Tomlin era, the Steelers released Porter.

A three-time Pro Bowler, Porter led the Steelers with seven sacks and recorded 64 tackles, including 43 solo, and two interceptions this past season.

Porter, who turns 30 later this month, spent his entire eight-year career with Pittsburgh and compiled 60 sacks. He was named to the Pro Bowl for the third time in 2005 when the Steelers won the Super Bowl for the first time under Cowher.

Cowher resigned in January after 15 seasons with Pittsburgh and was replaced by Tomlin.

The Steelers on Thursday also released running back Verron Haynes, who played just seven games last season before suffering a knee injury in a October 29 loss at Oakland.

Haynes caught 18 passes for 95 yards and rushed for 78 yards on 15 carries in 2006 - his fifth season with the team.