PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Saturday out atleast 6 Weeks

Smooth Criminal
08-28-2008, 08:35 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp08/news/story?id=3557269

Sucks for him. Hes a big part of Indys line and a great lineman. Hopefully he can have a quick recovery and get back on the field.

NY+Giants=NYG
08-28-2008, 09:01 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp08/news/story?id=3557269

Sucks for him. Hes a big part of Indys line and a great lineman. Hopefully he can have a quick recovery and get back on the field.

That's a big loss. He probably makes the call among the linemen, so now teams can try to overload A gap and try to get in Payton'd grill early on and often to try to force something.

princefielder28
08-28-2008, 09:01 AM
More bad news for the Colts

08-28-2008, 09:04 AM
Looks like one of those rookie centers they drafted last year will have to fill in now .

NY+Giants=NYG
08-28-2008, 09:07 AM
Looks like one of those rookie centers they drafted last year will have to fill in now .

That's not good..

Gay Ork Wang
08-28-2008, 09:09 AM
Maybe they can find a Mangold

Caddy
08-28-2008, 09:13 AM
Renji you changed your name!

TheBuffaloBills
08-28-2008, 09:20 AM

The Center Jamey Richard from UB!!!!! I am certain he is the only UB player starting in the NFL

Gay Ork Wang
08-28-2008, 09:59 AM
Renji you changed your name!
Jbond did :D i thought it was a funny idea

OzTitan
08-28-2008, 10:11 AM
It's starting to look shakey indeed for Indy, but it's not like they didn't have injuried last season. I can see it being a problem but I still expect the Colts to be the Colts until proven otherwise.

awfullyquiet
08-28-2008, 10:28 AM
Wow.

For that, I think the #1 preseason rank would be... The Patriots. Again. (i had them ranked three, but the mass injuries to the bolts and colts = uh ohs)

Shucks. Between Manning coming on late, Harrison not at 100% (and aging), and now Saturday out for 6 weeks. I mean, for the most part, the Indy O-Line has been plug and play. But always anchored by saturday. This one hurts

CashmoneyDrew
08-28-2008, 10:33 AM
I guess one of those 7 centers they drafted this year will probably get the early nod. Can't wait for Haynesworth and KVB to melt their faces.

bored of education
08-28-2008, 10:35 AM
This sucks for the Colts.

NY+Giants=NYG
08-28-2008, 10:40 AM
Wow.

For that, I think the #1 preseason rank would be... The Patriots. Again. (i had them ranked three, but the mass injuries to the bolts and colts = uh ohs)

Shucks. Between Manning coming on late, Harrison not at 100% (and aging), and now Saturday out for 6 weeks. I mean, for the most part, the Indy O-Line has been plug and play. But always anchored by saturday. This one hurts

How many players did the pats lose on defense? Not to mention their stud CB. I wouldn't put them as # 1 either. I normally don't get involved in those rankings, but never thought the pats should be ranked 1.

SFbear
08-28-2008, 10:47 AM
He's not hurt. He just doesn't want to face...

http://assets.chicagobears.com/UserFiles/Image/story_photos/Dvoracek_inside081407.jpg

PalmerToCJ
08-28-2008, 10:53 AM
The Bengals line was great in '05, early '06 Rich Braham our veteran center gets hurt and our line hasn't been the same since. Very bad news for Indy.

Gay Ork Wang
08-28-2008, 10:56 AM
He's not hurt. He just doesn't want to face...

http://assets.chicagobears.com/UserFiles/Image/story_photos/Dvoracek_inside081407.jpg
Hell i wouldnt! Dusty would eat him then get hurt and put on IR

awfullyquiet
08-28-2008, 11:05 AM
How many players did the pats lose on defense? Not to mention their stud CB. I wouldn't put them as # 1 either. I normally don't get involved in those rankings, but never thought the pats should be ranked 1.

They've lost stud CBs for the past few years. Has that really, magically unproven their pass defense? Not particularly.

The pats haven't lost anything where it matters, and that's in the DL. The LB position has been golden and getting better (and less ass-old)

TitanHope
08-28-2008, 11:47 AM
That OL is gonna look A LOT different from the starting 5 from last year. Center is the second most important position on the OL, behind LT, and the chemistry between Saturday and Manning is unquestionable. But, Howard Mudd is a great OL coach, and with Manning at the helm, they should be alright in the passing game. Gotta wonder if they use a FB more on running plays this year, especially with guys like Haynesworth, Henderson, and Johnson/Okoye in the division.

On the bright side, it'll give them a chance to see Saturday's future replacement in action. And as OzTitan said, they're still the Colts and are the king of the division until proven otherwise.

NY+Giants=NYG
08-28-2008, 12:01 PM
They've lost stud CBs for the past few years. Has that really, magically unproven their pass defense? Not particularly.

The pats haven't lost anything where it matters, and that's in the DL. The LB position has been golden and getting better (and less ass-old)

Well this one is a big time one, and who did they replace? Mayo is unproven, and I am guessing the older guys like Bruschi and Vrabel are still there. DL is still intact but they play a 3-4 so their Lbs will need to be more productive due to their age, and the secondary. The offense I am counting on in being very productive, even though as the season went on teams had enough film on them, but their defense is still a question mark. I will need to see it to believe that they can handle all those loses and not miss a beat.

Dam8610
08-28-2008, 12:40 PM
For those wondering, Steve Justice will likely be stepping in for Saturday. Justice seems such a fitting name, hopefully he can get the line calls down and lead the OL early.

JT Jag
08-28-2008, 12:58 PM
John Henderson is licking his chops.

Menardo75
08-28-2008, 02:53 PM
Well time to see what Mike Pollack is made of

awfullyquiet
08-28-2008, 05:07 PM
John Henderson is licking his chops.

not just chops. entire. pork. chops.

brat316
08-28-2008, 05:11 PM
****, I hope this doesn't mess up Addai season, I have him on my fantasy team.

JT Jag
08-28-2008, 05:35 PM
not just chops. entire. pork. chops.If by "licking entire pork chops", you mean "eating entire babies", then he is "licking entire pork chops".

BlindSite
08-28-2008, 06:14 PM
The Bengals line was great in '05, early '06 Rich Braham our veteran center gets hurt and our line hasn't been the same since. Very bad news for Indy.

QFE not having a centre SUCKS. We went through it for a few seasons.

Hopefully the colts can bounce back, but it sounds like they're already heading for a broken season, busted up C and busted up QB is never a great mix.

Dam8610
08-28-2008, 10:41 PM
QFE not having a centre SUCKS. We went through it for a few seasons.

Hopefully the colts can bounce back, but it sounds like they're already heading for a broken season, busted up C and busted up QB is never a great mix.

Busted up C? True, I can accept that. Busted up QB? Don't believe the media hype. Dungy said yesterday "I would be shocked if [Peyton Manning] doesn't play [against the Bears]". This is the same Tony Dungy that lately has given little to no information on injured players to the media. If he says that, that means Peyton is ready to go. Obviously the Colts were preparing to replace Saturday, evidenced by their drafting of 3 centers in this past draft. Hopefully the Steve Justice experiment will pan out as well as the Tony Ugoh experiment.

7-11
08-28-2008, 10:59 PM
Well time to see what Mike Pollack is made of

As the backup RG? Yeah, should be interesting

NY+Giants=NYG
08-29-2008, 08:21 AM
Busted up C? True, I can accept that. Busted up QB? Don't believe the media hype. Dungy said yesterday "I would be shocked if [Peyton Manning] doesn't play [against the Bears]". This is the same Tony Dungy that lately has given little to no information on injured players to the media. If he says that, that means Peyton is ready to go. Obviously the Colts were preparing to replace Saturday, evidenced by their drafting of 3 centers in this past draft. Hopefully the Steve Justice experiment will pan out as well as the Tony Ugoh experiment.

He may pan out but you need him to pan out ASAP. Center is the shortest distance to the QB, and usually blocking schemes are 4 down line to the Mike backer, so the center makes the call, and points out of the Mike as well. But losing a center is not good, if we lost O'hara, which we did in the Bucs Wild card game, I was very nervous! Thank god we had a vet backing him up.

Menardo75
08-29-2008, 02:21 PM
As the backup RG? Yeah, should be interesting

Oh thought he was playing center my bad :)

Dam8610
08-29-2008, 02:30 PM
He may pan out but you need him to pan out ASAP. Center is the shortest distance to the QB, and usually blocking schemes are 4 down line to the Mike backer, so the center makes the call, and points out of the Mike as well. But losing a center is not good, if we lost O'hara, which we did in the Bucs Wild card game, I was very nervous! Thank god we had a vet backing him up.

I think Howard Mudd should be able to coach him up enough to at least be serviceable this year. I, unlike some Colts fans, think that not having Saturday on the field will present some problems early on at the very least, but looking at the job Mudd did plugging Tony Ugoh in at LT last year (IMO the only OL position more important than C, especially for a team that relies on its QB so much), I have confidence that after a game or two, Justice should be fine.

NY+Giants=NYG
08-29-2008, 02:50 PM
I think Howard Mudd should be able to coach him up enough to at least be serviceable this year. I, unlike some Colts fans, think that not having Saturday on the field will present some problems early on at the very least, but looking at the job Mudd did plugging Tony Ugoh in at LT last year (IMO the only OL position more important than C, especially for a team that relies on its QB so much), I have confidence that after a game or two, Justice should be fine.

That sort of logic got our team in trouble. We never took care of our oline, and figured we can toss people in and our oline coach, at the time, could coach them up. He did a damn good job, but soon it was too much, and our offensive line fell apart, and we went 4-12 and drafted and traded for Eli. Soon we had to rebuild the line with Snee and sign Kareem M.

Dam8610
08-29-2008, 04:14 PM
That sort of logic got our team in trouble. We never took care of our oline, and figured we can toss people in and our oline coach, at the time, could coach them up. He did a damn good job, but soon it was too much, and our offensive line fell apart, and we went 4-12 and drafted and traded for Eli. Soon we had to rebuild the line with Snee and sign Kareem M.

I think that's the sort of thing that led the Colts to draft 3 Cs and give Howard Mudd more talent to work with than he's had in recent memory. Granted, he's done more with less (see: Jeff Saturday), but a talent infusion can never hurt matters.