PDA

View Full Version : Pacman Fully Reinstated

cdub11
08-28-2008, 03:17 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8499016?MSNHPHMA

Kurve
08-28-2008, 03:44 PM
i dont know how i feel about it its good that a guy can turn his life around...but i live in las vegas and there is a man who is paralyzed due to his actions even though he says he had nothing to do with it but i dunno ....shows you how many breaks some athletes get from making mistakes that ruin other peoples lives.

Thunder&Lightning
08-28-2008, 03:53 PM
Im glad he was reinstated. I think he learned his lesson and has really turned his life around. Everyone deserves a second chance and this is his. The Cowboys gambled on him and it looks like so far it has paid off...for now

PackerLegend
08-28-2008, 04:04 PM
Im glad he was reinstated. I think he learned his lesson and has really turned his life around. Everyone deserves a second chance and this is his. The Cowboys gambled on him and it looks like so far it has paid off...for now

How exactly would you know if Pacman has turned his life around and learned his lesson? Because he wanted people to stop calling him Pacman for a week and call him by his real name, Adam. The dude has had multiple offenses and he didnt learn from the first or second so I see no reason why he should be called a changed man already.

Geo
08-28-2008, 04:07 PM
His name is Adam Jones.

You don't call some punk on the street Hercules, do you? No.

703SKINS202
08-28-2008, 04:07 PM
Cowboys will make the superbowl barring injuries and off the field incidents. I really don't think Pacman will be an issue this year but 2-3 years down the road I wouldn't be surprised if he messed up somehow.

Vox Populi
08-28-2008, 04:52 PM
Pacman is my favourite player in the league when he is on the field so I am glad that he is going to be allowed to rejoin the league completely. I hope he doesn't get cute now though and go back to being the thug ass hole that he used to be before all of the suspensions. I am just looking forward to watching him play ball.

awfullyquiet
08-28-2008, 04:59 PM
I think he got reinstated because he's on the Cowboys and will be getting more primetime shots of him.

Increase the media hype, even if the guy is a complete loony, do so because it's good ratings for the cowboys. HOOWEE!

But, i mean, if the texans picked him up, there's a man who wouldn't get reinstated.

eaglesfan_45
08-28-2008, 05:03 PM
Woooo! Another CB for DeSean to burn! Good Job 'Boys!

Adam Jones = Rusty and overrated.

Burns336
08-28-2008, 05:12 PM

You keep saying this... If you want to see overrated look no futher than the nickel back that your team was trying to unload all offseason.

This guy is a top talent who was putting up "shut down" number in Tennessee his last year. He provides a huge upgrade on punt returns. And his big risk/reward style is the perfect compliment to Newman and Wade's scheme.

EDIT:

Here was a Q and A with the guys from Football Outsiders and the Dallas Morning News -- Say what you will about metrics, but this certainly doesn't scream overrated

Q: Adam "Pacman" Jones arrived here with a lot of talk about his Pro Bowl potential. How close was he to being an elite cornerback for the Titans?

A: He wasn't close. He already was one. Jones often lined up in man coverage, and absolutely shut down opposing wideouts in 2006. His success rate was 63% -- that was second-best amongst all corners, and the 5.4 yards he gave up per pass were the best in the league. It's impossible to say what he'll be this year because of the year off, his obviously bizarre mental state, and the time it may take to adjust to a new system, but when his mind is right, Adam Jones is on the shortlist of best cornerbacks in football.

Burns336
08-28-2008, 05:14 PM
I think he got reinstated because he's on the Cowboys and will be getting more primetime shots of him.

Increase the media hype, even if the guy is a complete loony, do so because it's good ratings for the cowboys. HOOWEE!

But, i mean, if the texans picked him up, there's a man who wouldn't get reinstated.

Ehhh... Chris Henry will probably be back and he's on a ****** small market team. Although I love the Bengals as "my afc" team.

eaglesfan_45
08-28-2008, 05:22 PM
You keep saying this... If you want to see overrated look no futher than the nickel back that your team was trying to unload all offseason.

This guy is a top talent who was putting up "shut down" number in Tennessee his last year. He provides a huge upgrade on punt returns. And his big risk/reward style is the perfect compliment to Newman and Wade's scheme.

There is a difference between injury prone and overrated. Pac-Man is this supposed Shut Down corner because he ESPN makes him seem like some NFL bigshot. **** that, the only reason Pac-Man any attention is because he's whats wrong with the NFL and he is face of what Roger Goodel is trying to change. Pac is an average corner back who was a good special teamer on the Titans.

TheBuffaloBills
08-28-2008, 05:23 PM
In all honesty, a man that intentionally paralyzed another man should not be in the league.

I wonder what Titans fans think of this. Are you guys mad to see him on another team or are you happy to see him gone?

eaglesfan_45
08-28-2008, 05:26 PM
EDIT:

Here was a Q and A with the guys from Football Outsiders and the Dallas Morning News -- Say what you will about metrics, but this certainly doesn't scream overrated

Q: Adam "Pacman" Jones arrived here with a lot of talk about his Pro Bowl potential. How close was he to being an elite cornerback for the Titans?

A: He wasn't close. He already was one. Jones often lined up in man coverage, and absolutely shut down opposing wideouts in 2006. His success rate was 63% -- that was second-best amongst all corners, and the 5.4 yards he gave up per pass were the best in the league. It's impossible to say what he'll be this year because of the year off, his obviously bizarre mental state, and the time it may take to adjust to a new system, but when his mind is right, Adam Jones is on the shortlist of best cornerbacks in football.

yeah and here is my exact reaction to that in the Cowboys thread.
Adam Jones an elite CB? OK I can't let that go. No way in hell is he an elite CB in this league. Can he be an elite CB in the future? absolutely. Is he an elite CB now? absolutley freaking not. He was a project for the titans who was a little overrated as a football player due to his special teams ability, then he goes and is out of football for a year due to his troublemaking habits? not exactly what I would call an elite CB, and this pre-season Pac isn't looking like the CB he was in Tennesee. No where near an elite CB as of yet.

MetSox17
08-28-2008, 05:39 PM
In all honesty, a man that intentionally paralyzed another man should not be in the league.

I wonder what Titans fans think of this. Are you guys mad to see him on another team or are you happy to see him gone?

How did Jones intentionally paralyze that guy? Did he shoot the gun? No, he didn't. The man responsible for the bouncers' paralyzing is serving his penalty for his crime.

If police found Jones to have paid someone to shoot someone, he would be in jail for hiring someone for murder.

Burns336
08-28-2008, 05:42 PM
yeah and here is my exact reaction to that in the Cowboys thread.

So because you say he is overrated or you don't think he is a good corner, that is now set in stone?

Basically all you're throwing at me is your opinion. A titan's fan could come on right now as say "Pacman dominated and always took on the number 1 guy, he took some gambles and they paid off most of the time, he was on his way to being a top-5 guy in the league"

Now tell me why I should believe you instead of this other guy? You've given me no reason.

And Lito his more than injury prone, he was bad. The Eagles gm said something along the lines of "We really need Lito's yards per pass to come down this year" and he said that because lito was one of the worst starting corners in the league last year. He had a great season 2 years ago but was inconsistent before that and has been since then.

EDIT: Pac wasn't a "project" either. Jeff Fisher doesn't draft a guy #5 or #6 (whatever it was) overall that is a project. He was the best CB in that class. A project is more like Antonio Cromartie who hardly had any starting experience but was a great physical specimen coming off of a big knee injury. The Chargers shelved him for awhile and let him learn and didn't even start him until midway through last season. You might even call DRC a bit of a project because he is more mesurable than experience and knowledge at this point. But Pac was going up against the Kellen Winslows in college.

trkaline
08-28-2008, 05:48 PM
How did Jones intentionally paralyze that guy? Did he shoot the gun? No, he didn't. The man responsible for the bouncers' paralyzing is serving his penalty for his crime.

If police found Jones to have paid someone to shoot someone, he would be in jail for hiring someone for murder.

Yeah...and uh Leonard Little killed someone...

eaglesfan_45
08-28-2008, 05:51 PM
So because you say he is overrated or you don't think he is a good corner, that is now set in stone?

Basically all you're throwing at me is your opinion. A titan's fan could come on right now as say "Pacman dominated and always took on the number 1 guy, he took some gambles and they paid off most of the time, he was on his way to being a top-5 guy in the league"

Now tell me why I should believe you instead of this other guy? You've given me no reason.

And Lito his more than injury prone, he was bad. The Eagles gm said something along the lines of "We really need Lito's yards per pass to come down this year" and he said that because lito was one of the worst starting corners in the league last year. He had a great season 2 years ago but was inconsistent before that and has been since then.

Lito was playing hurt most of last season, so you have to take that into account. Apparently you missed the Eagles Patriots game where he shut down Randy Moss. Like I said, there is a difference between being injury prone and being overrated. Lito is not overrated if anything he's underrated, he deserves a new contract and Eagles fans are willing to throw him away for any WR who even hints at being unhappy.

You've yet to give me a reason as to why Pac is a top 5 CB, he was not a top 15 CB back then, so why should he be now that he missed a year of football? All your feeding me is this Cowboys PR pitch and it isn't going to work, Pac-Man isn't the CB you guys seem to think he is.

MetSox17
08-28-2008, 05:53 PM
Yeah...and uh Leonard Little killed someone...

Yeah, and uh.. What the hell does that have to do with anything being discussed?

Burns336
08-28-2008, 05:57 PM
Lito was playing hurt most of last season, so you have to take that into account. Apparently you missed the Eagles Patriots game where he shut down Randy Moss. Like I said, there is a difference between being injury prone and being overrated. Lito is not overrated if anything he's underrated, he deserves a new contract and Eagles fans are willing to throw him away for any WR who even hints at being unhappy.

You've yet to give me a reason as to why Pac is a top 5 CB, he was not a top 15 CB back then, so why should he be now that he missed a year of football? All your feeding me is this Cowboys PR pitch and it isn't going to work, Pac-Man isn't the CB you guys seem to think he is.

I never siad he was Top 5 now or back then although I would definitely put him in the top 10 in his last year with the titans. I also think he is going to be in full stride by about week 6 this season. Cowboy fans are watching him get better each week.

and please, Lito Sheppard did not shut down Randy moss. That's just ignorant. No 1 man shuts down moss. You make it sound as if Lito was on an island with moss and totally bitched him. Come on dude, this isn't fantasy. That just isn't possible.

eaglesfan_45
08-28-2008, 05:59 PM
I never siad he was Top 5 now or back then although I would definitely put him in the top 10 in his last year with the titans. I also think he is going to be in full stride by about week 6 this season. Cowboy fans are watching him get better each week.

and please, Lito Sheppard did not shut down Randy moss. That's just ignorant. No 1 man shuts down moss. You make it sound as if Lito was on an island with moss and totally bitched him. Come on dude, this isn't fantasy. That just isn't possible.

So Randy Moss is obviously immune to having a bad game or being shut down, no one can stop him and he very obviously is god.

CashmoneyDrew
08-28-2008, 06:02 PM
Thanks for helping us waste a top 10 pick ass hole! I'll see you in hell!!!!!!!!

sweetness34
08-28-2008, 06:08 PM
Congrats Adam, now go celebrate at your favorite location....The strip club.

Tank Johnson said he'd turn his life around as well after getting out of jail, and a week later he gets pulled over for DUI suspision driving out late. Jamar Smith of Illinois almost killed himself and his teammate driving drunk, got jail time, had a felony against him, and gets kicked off the team a year later for drinking on his probation.

How many times has Chris Henry been arrested in the past two years? Two kids on the Illini Football team were kicked off for repetitive academic failure after being told 5, 6, 7 times that they had to shape up in order to stay on the team.

It's very hard for me to believe that Adam is now going to stay clean and stay out of trouble with his history of run in's with the law. Not to mention he's on a team with Tank Johnson (who last year got out of jail), and a great leader in Terrell Owens. He may make it through the season but come off-season I forsee trouble brewing in Cowboy Land.

CashmoneyDrew
08-28-2008, 06:11 PM
Yeah, usually people like that just never learn. Good riddance. Cortland Finnegan>Punkman

trkaline
08-28-2008, 06:13 PM
Yeah, and uh.. What the hell does that have to do with anything being discussed?

Im just saying, people getting all pissy about his re-enstatement because of the actions of one of the members in his entourage left someone paralyzed, when Leonard Little can personally kill someone with his automobile and still be in the league, why would anyone be so surprised he's allowed back on the field?

Race for the Heisman
08-28-2008, 06:18 PM

Intentionally paralyzed? The man's paralysis is unfortunate but it's not like the player broke the man's back over his knee or anything.

Addict
08-28-2008, 06:22 PM
Intentionally paralyzed? The man's paralysis is unfortunate but it's not like the player broke the man's back over his knee or anything.

no he didn't. If he did and yelled "FATALITY!!!" Pacman would've been my new personal hero though.

Good to see him reinstated, here's to hoping he doesn't **** up again.

BlindSite
08-28-2008, 06:24 PM
Sucks for the titans. Good news for the cowboys. What have they got to lose? They kick the guy to the curb if he screws up, if he plays to his best they've got the best team in football.

The only thing dumber than Pacman Jones are the dolts yelling about in-justice for rich people. Get over it, its the world you live in, discuss it in the OTF, don't clog up the forum here.

CashmoneyDrew
08-28-2008, 06:26 PM
Sucks for the titans. Good news for the cowboys. What have they got to lose? They kick the guy to the curb if he screws up, if he plays to his best they've got the best team in football.

how???????????

eaglesfan_45
08-28-2008, 06:26 PM

Because Pac Man single handidly catapults the Cowboys to being the best team in the NFL

Kurve
08-28-2008, 06:27 PM

The altercation was with Adam jones not the person who shot the guy,the man who shot was in Adams group. Now if someone is an accomplice to murder they are just as guilty as if someone went robbed with someone else and the other guy killed someone during the robbery both get charged for murder, and i do believe adam knew there was going to be a retaliation upon this man thus i believe he is just as guilty as the man who actually pulled the trigger.

Now you have a man who cant ever be normal and be able to sustain a family with a income for his entire life, but yet you have Adam Jones able to get back to the NFL make millions with just a year and half slap on the wrist! I will say most of you who are glad he gets reinstated are glad because your football fans but the real picture is football is just a game not real life and for someone to have any involvement on someones life and ruin it shouldn't have the privileged to come back and get another shot of making millions in this life time.

We as football fans tend to throw our sympathy to these people because of their superstar persona when ever they seem to have changed somewhat, but yet we don't see the greater picture of what really matters that is someone will live and do his every day living in a wheel chair. That its self makes FOOTBALL on the back burner to anything of that nature!

eaglesfan_45
08-28-2008, 06:27 PM

your right he didn't intentionally try to paralyze him, he told his friend to kill him.

BlindSite
08-28-2008, 06:31 PM
how???????????

How does it not suck to see a guy who you kicked off doing so well?

Because Pac Man single handidly catapults the Cowboys to being the best team in the NFL

They're already one of the top 3 with the Pats, chargers and then them. If they've got a lock down cornerback tandem, let that sink in for a minute, then yes, that puts them above both the chargers and the Pats...

Burns336
08-28-2008, 07:04 PM
So Randy Moss is obviously immune to having a bad game or being shut down, no one can stop him and he very obviously is god.

Yes. That is what I am saying. Randy Moss, Reggie Wayne, T.O., etc. cannot be stopped by 1 person. Especially not Lito Sheppard.

You will not win this argument. It just isn't possible. You cannot leave a guy on an island with these caliber players and have them shut down.

eaglesfan_45
08-28-2008, 07:26 PM
Yes. That is what I am saying. Randy Moss, Reggie Wayne, T.O., etc. cannot be stopped by 1 person. Especially not Lito Sheppard.

You will not win this argument. It just isn't possible. You cannot leave a guy on an island with these caliber players and have them shut down.

your kidding me right?

TheBuffaloBills
08-28-2008, 08:10 PM
I said intentionally because if I didnt than someone would of said, well look at Everett. And I really didnt want to hear that.

The fact of a matter is, his gang and him left an man in a wheelchair. I dont know why or if he deserved(I highly doubted he would) getting paralyzed than that could change the story.

smittyjs
08-28-2008, 08:23 PM

That made me LOL, your a funny guy.

smittyjs
08-28-2008, 08:25 PM

They're already one of the top 3 with the Pats, chargers and then them. If they've got a lock down cornerback tandem, let that sink in for a minute, then yes, that puts them above both the chargers and the Pats...
No titans should be surprise he is doing well, but he and the titans needed to part ways best for both of them.

http://i35.tinypic.com/mw8lc7.jpg

smittyjs
08-28-2008, 08:29 PM

Jones was a top 10 CB and it showed during his 06 seasons, 2 years from now he will be a top 5 CB if he stays out of trouble, as a titans fan i'm sad to see him go but it was best for him and us.

Burns336
08-28-2008, 08:32 PM
your kidding me right?

No, I'm definitely not. Ask anyone on here and they will tell you the same. I don't know why this is so hard for you to understand.

And listen to SmittyJ, he's watched him far more than you and seems to agree that he was a good CB. Not overrated at all.

But seriously, I'd love to hear if anyone else thinks an elite receiver can be covered 1 on 1. IT IS NOT POSSIBLE. ESPECIALLY for lito sheppard.

eaglesfan_45
08-28-2008, 08:38 PM
No, I'm definitely not. Ask anyone on here and they will tell you the same. I don't know why this is so hard for you to understand.

And listen to SmittyJ, he's watched him far more than you and seems to agree that he was a good CB. Not overrated at all.

But seriously, I'd love to hear if anyone else thinks an elite receiver can be covered 1 on 1. IT IS NOT POSSIBLE. ESPECIALLY for lito sheppard.

OK if I'm ignorant about Pac man you're much more ignorant about Lito Sheppard.

CashmoneyDrew
08-28-2008, 08:56 PM

Because I know Karma is a ***** and the pacman will eventually let the cowboys down one way or the other.

Primetime21
08-28-2008, 09:38 PM

Your basis for Adam being overrated is that he is good at special teams and he gets talked about in the media. If you watched him for the Titans he had all the tools and barely started to harness what he could become when he got the boot. Jones has been distracted and troubled since his freshman year at WV. If he can get the right guidance and if Dallas DBs coach(forgot name but great coach) can light a fire under his ass then he will be a top 10 corner this year.

And to your earlier argument corner is gong to lose to WR 9 out of 10 times 1 on 1 with no over the top help.

Burns336
08-28-2008, 09:57 PM

ask anyone else about covering moss, t.o., etc. 1 on 1 and shutting them down for a game and if its possible. see what happens.

Raiderz4Life
08-28-2008, 10:07 PM

I would seriously suggest you stop showing off your ignorance. PacMan was a beast when he was with the titans....he was barely getting into his own. Hopefully he'll dominate again....it'll take him a while obviously but we'll see.

eaglesfan_45
08-28-2008, 11:29 PM
You know what, I'll let his play on the field prove me wrong or right but, I believe that he will not meet these expectations you guys are giving him, top 10? top 5? are you joking? maybe when hell freezes over.