PDA

View Full Version : New coaches making changes

Burns336
08-28-2008, 07:01 PM
Anyone else think Colt Brennan takes over if Jason Campbell gets off to a slow start?

Colt is Zorn's guy and usually new coaches have no problem cutting or replacing people from an earlier regime.

Campbell has looked like **** so far and has always been the guy who "is about to put it together" but never quite gets there.

Yes, it is preseason and it "doesn't matter" but we see this happen every time a new coach comes in.

Thoughts?

Are there any other "position battles" going on in the league where a guy who was thought as a lock in his position (Jason Campbell) could be supplanted by a guy brought in by the new regime?

skinzzfan25
08-28-2008, 07:02 PM
Campbell isn't going anywhere.

It would help if his receivers could catch the ball tonight.

Bengalsrocket
08-28-2008, 07:41 PM
None for the Bengals that I can think of, but as far as Colt Brennan goes, I doubt he dethrones Campbell this year.

Burns336
08-28-2008, 08:28 PM
Campbell isn't going anywhere.

It would help if his receivers could catch the ball tonight.

If you remember last year I don't think a skins WR caught a td until week 11 or something like that. Campbell just seems to be that guy who doesn't get it done.

Maybe it wont happen this year but I could see Zorn putting Brennan in as early as this year and definitely next year if things dont change.

Iamcanadian
08-28-2008, 08:47 PM
If you remember last year I don't think a skins WR caught a td until week 11 or something like that. Campbell just seems to be that guy who doesn't get it done.

Maybe it wont happen this year but I could see Zorn putting Brennan in as early as this year and definitely next year if things dont change.

Do you have any idea of how long the list of QB's is that looked very solid playing against 2nd and 3rd sting defenses in exhibition games when probably 50% of those players won't even make the team, well it would be a monstrous list.
Brennan may someday become a starting QB in the NFL but it is way too early to know if he will ever be a starter in this league never mind this or next season. He been playing against vanilla defenses where it takes little effort to read a defense and perform. Team are just trying to get into shape and show very little during the exhibition season never mind when their non starters are on the field. Brennan is absolutely no threat to Campbell unless Washington shows they cannot win very many games. Desperate teams eventually try anything.

Menardo75
08-29-2008, 02:26 PM
Yeah no way that happens this year even if Campbell did not produce they would turn to Collins before Brennan

brat316
08-29-2008, 03:13 PM
Only way Brennan gets it is if they know they are destined to have like a 5-11 season. And even then it would be the second half of the season when he gets to play.

CC.SD
08-29-2008, 03:17 PM
Only way Brennan gets it is if they know they are destined to have like a 5-11 season. And even then it would be the second half of the season when he gets to play.

My God your neg rep is stunning.

brat316
08-29-2008, 03:19 PM
My God your neg rep is stunning.

why not add to it. The title of this thread is wack, new coacheS making changes.

StripedWalrus
08-29-2008, 03:32 PM
why not add to it. The title of this thread is wack, new coacheS making changes.

You sir deserve some plus rep for that!

I am not a big fan of Campbell...the Redskins are the NFC team that I follow slightly...but I have never been a fan of Campbell...I would like to see him replaced with Brennan....but dont see it happening.

brat316
08-29-2008, 03:33 PM
You sir deserve some plus rep for that!

I am not a big fan of Campbell...the Redskins are the NFC team that I follow slightly...but I have never been a fan of Campbell...I would like to see him replaced with Brennan....but dont see it happening.

Stop + repping me damn it

PACKmanN
08-29-2008, 03:38 PM
I heard that Zorn doesn't think Colt ready yet, and he needs to rework on his footwork and other things.

MetSox17
08-29-2008, 07:19 PM
I'm willing to bet that barring injury to Campbell and Collins, Colt Brennan will not start a game this season. Seriously. This is a team that has so much invested in the "right now" that they can't turn to a rookie, late round pick quarterback.