PDA

View Full Version : Cuts cuts cuts

Pages : [1] 2

BeerBaron
08-29-2008, 01:04 PM
Anyone else excited for them? I believe the teams need to trim their rosters to 53 by 6:00pm eastern tonight. This is probably the only possible way that people losing their job becomes entertainment....kind of sad really.....

but i figure we can use this thread to post some up too if there are any significant ones or any surprises.

looks like the Eagles are getting a head start already:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/08/29/eagles-take-first-step-toward-53/

StripedWalrus
08-29-2008, 01:11 PM
Might actually see a Rudi Johnson Cut from the Bengals if they dont trade him off. Ahmad Brooks looks to get the shaft as well...will be interesting to see what the Bengals do.

CC.SD
08-29-2008, 01:16 PM
Might actually see a Rudi Johnson Cut from the Bengals if they dont trade him off. Ahmad Brooks looks to get the shaft as well...will be interesting to see what the Bengals do.

They're just going to cut Brooks? He's still got a lot to give IMO, especially next to Rivers.

Chargers face some interesting cuts; we might keep 5 RB/FBs between LT, Sproles, Hester, Tolbert and Pinnock.

iBoldin
08-29-2008, 01:34 PM
They're just going to cut Brooks? He's still got a lot to give IMO, especially next to Rivers.

Chargers face some interesting cuts; we might keep 5 RB/FBs between LT, Sproles, Hester, Tolbert and Pinnock.

Disregard this if something happened, but what about Marcus Thomas, the UTEP Running Back? Have they already cut him, or could he stay on the roster?

StripedWalrus
08-29-2008, 01:36 PM

Brooks has under performed greatly. He cant keep up on the 3rd strong defense. They moved him back to MLB so maybe that will help him...who knows though. It looks like he is going to get snubbed for Maxwell...a special teams LB. Wish we could just clone Rivers 2 times and use him to play LB in all positions.

The Bengals are in the same boat on RB/FB

Perry,Watson,Rudi,Dorsey,J.Johnson, Coats, and the other Johnson.

Perry, Watson, and Coats are the only sure keeps in my mind...mainly because Coats is also the backup TE. J. Johnson is out of shape, Rudi is expensive for a backup...and Dorsey is Just unproven. The other Johnson just isnt good enough...he is likely going to Practice Squad.

BeerBaron
08-29-2008, 01:37 PM
I know for the Bears, Dan Bazuin faces the chance of being cut. 2nd round pick last year, hurt all season, could be cut this year.....waste of a pick....

Bears could also be taking just 4 running backs into the season too. Forte, Jones, AP, and Wolfe. Tack on a FB and they could have 5 backs....

Go_Eagles77
08-29-2008, 01:41 PM
Ryan Moats could still have a decent future in the NFL, I hope Denver or a team with a good ZBS picks him up because he could excel there.

StripedWalrus
08-29-2008, 01:43 PM
I know for the Bears, Dan Bazuin faces the chance of being cut. 2nd round pick last year, hurt all season, could be cut this year.....waste of a pick....

Bears could also be taking just 4 running backs into the season too. Forte, Jones, AP, and Wolfe. Tack on a FB and they could have 5 backs....

ahah the Bears should trade for Rudi Johnson...you should trade one of your many great Wide Receivers for him. ;-)

tylerb929
08-29-2008, 01:44 PM
Anyone else excited for them? I believe the teams need to trim their rosters to 53 by 6:00pm eastern tonight.

I'm pretty sure its 4:00 P.M. tomorrow, as there are games still left to be played tonight.

Cribbs>Hester
08-29-2008, 01:49 PM
Its actually September 1st. I don't know what time, but it is September 1st

TheBuffaloBills
08-29-2008, 01:49 PM
I wonder if Steve Johnson, rookie out of Kentucky makes it. I hope he does. He has had a great preseason. I would be very dissapointed if Justin Jenkins makes the team but Johnson doesnt. Also, Demetrius Bell, LT(Worst player in madden by 6 points). He has also had a good preseason. I would also be disapointed if he doesnt make the team too.

StripedWalrus
08-29-2008, 01:53 PM
I wonder if Steve Johnson, rookie out of Kentucky makes it. I hope he does. He has had a great preseason. I would be very dissapointed if Justin Jenkins makes the team but Johnson doesnt. Also, Demetrius Bell, LT(Worst player in madden by 6 points). He has also had a good preseason. I would also be disapointed if he doesnt make the team too.

I had been hearing good things about Johnson all off season. I have a friend in North Dakota that is a huge Bills fan and said he liked Johnson as well. I hope he makes the cuts...because if he doesnt I think another team will snag him and he will be good.

BeerBaron
08-29-2008, 01:53 PM
Its actually September 1st. I don't know what time, but it is September 1st

hmm. If true chalk it up to PFT, lol. I think it even says 6:00 eastern int hat link i posted...

But they're still coming up and teams who are done with the preseason will probably get a head start on the cuts so they can get under in case another team cuts a player they're interested in.

awfullyquiet
08-29-2008, 02:09 PM

Need to trade bazuin. NEED to trade bazuin.

i like watching this stuff

Menardo75
08-29-2008, 02:16 PM
Im pretty sure the niners will cut Thomas Clayton since they have no room for him. He could be a find for somebody

Menardo75
08-29-2008, 02:16 PM
Oh yeah and if anyone wants Ashley Lelie he could be up for grabs too :)

CC.SD
08-29-2008, 02:22 PM
Brooks has under performed greatly. He cant keep up on the 3rd strong defense. They moved him back to MLB so maybe that will help him...who knows though. It looks like he is going to get snubbed for Maxwell...a special teams LB. Wish we could just clone Rivers 2 times and use him to play LB in all positions.

The Bengals are in the same boat on RB/FB

Perry,Watson,Rudi,Dorsey,J.Johnson, Coats, and the other Johnson.

Perry, Watson, and Coats are the only sure keeps in my mind...mainly because Coats is also the backup TE. J. Johnson is out of shape, Rudi is expensive for a backup...and Dorsey is Just unproven. The other Johnson just isnt good enough...he is likely going to Practice Squad.

Thanks for the info, good stuff.

Bazuin: nothing against the guy, but I hope he gets cut. All that "Chargers overpaid for Weddle" nonsense was pretty annoying.

GB12
08-29-2008, 02:34 PM
DeShawn Wynn was cut last time to get down to 75. Wasn't a surprise, but a name everyone on here should know.

Gay Ork Wang
08-29-2008, 02:43 PM
hmm. If true chalk it up to PFT, lol. I think it even says 6:00 eastern int hat link i posted...

But they're still coming up and teams who are done with the preseason will probably get a head start on the cuts so they can get under in case another team cuts a player they're interested in.
It said 6:00 on saturday :D

pete_norm
08-29-2008, 02:52 PM
For the Vikings:

From the Access Vikings Blog.

C Dan Mozes
WR Martin Nance
CB Brandon Sumrall

Nance is probably the biggest surprise since he had a really good training camp. He might get picked up by another team.

BeerBaron
08-29-2008, 03:36 PM
It said 6:00 on saturday :D

yeah, i noticed that right after i said about it but was too lazy to edit, lol....

I guess word is that Bazuin WILL be cut now. Terrible waste of a 2nd rounder....

BeerBaron
08-29-2008, 03:38 PM
Saints and Pats each cut a couple:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/08/29/saints-trim-eight/
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/08/29/pats-punt-four/

Arrington going on IR for the Saints is the only name I really recognize though....

and heres some of the Bears:

"Players on the way out in Chicago include fullback Lousaka Polite, receiver Mike Hass, defensive end Nick Osborn, running back P.J. Pope and offensive linemen Cody Balogh, Tyler Reed and Ryan Poles."

SuperMcGee
08-29-2008, 03:55 PM

Only thing is there is no reason to cut Jenkins. Both could very well make it. None of our WR but Evans have been consistently healthy, anyway. Our biggest cut will probably be at corner if Stevie Johnson makes it.

BeerBaron
08-29-2008, 03:58 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/08/29/rams-drop-a-dime/

Rams chop 10:

"Gone are receiver Matt Caddell, safety Jerome Carter, tight end Nick Cleaver, cornerback Tanard Davis, cornerback Cortney Grixby, receiver Marques Hagans, center Donovan Raiola, linebacker Marcus Riley, nose tackle Henry Smith, and nose tackle Willie Williams."

Jerome Carter is the only name I really recognize there.

comahan
08-29-2008, 04:02 PM
Houston

NAME POSITION HT. WT. COLLEGE
Jon Abbate FB 5-11 245 Wake Forest
Shane Boyd QB 6-1 232 Kentucky
Alex Brink QB 6-2 208 Washington St.
Kevis Coley LB 6-1 228 Southern Miss.
Rosevelt Colvin DE 6-3 250 Purdue
Glenn Earl S 6-1 215 Notre Dame
Greg Eslinger C 6-3 292 Minnesota
Jamar Fletcher CB 5-10 180 Wisconsin
Darnell Jenkins WR 5-10 188 Miami (Fla.)
Ryan Krause TE 6-3 244 Neb. - Omaha
Gabe Long DT 6-3 290 Utah
Anthony Maddox DT 6-1 305 Delta St.
LeRon McCoy WR 6-1 219 Indiana (Pa.)
Ben Moffitt LB 6-2 245 South Florida
Jesse Nading DE 6-5 258 Colorado St.
Derrick Roberson CB 5-10 185 Rutgers
Marcel Shipp RB 5-11 224 Massachusetts
Mark Simmons WR 5-10 187 Kansas
Torrin Tucker T 6-6 315 Southern Miss.
Darius Walker RB 5-11 205 Notre Dame
Dexter Wynn CB 5-9 175 Colorado St.

bearsfan_51
08-29-2008, 04:06 PM
Thanks for the info, good stuff.

Bazuin: nothing against the guy, but I hope he gets cut. All that "Chargers overpaid for Weddle" nonsense was pretty annoying.

What a ridiculous argument. How we spent those picks has nothing to do with what was given up. The two aren't connected at all.

AJ gave up a lot to move up to the 37th pick, more than is generally considered fair, that's not a debateable point.

Go_Eagles77
08-29-2008, 04:06 PM
Roosevelt Colvin is kind of surprising.

comahan
08-29-2008, 04:07 PM
Roosevelt Colvin is kind of surprising.

Eh, not really. Hes been depressingly terrible in camp and preseason.

BeerBaron
08-29-2008, 04:08 PM
Houston

NAME POSITION HT. WT. COLLEGE
Jon Abbate FB 5-11 245 Wake Forest
Shane Boyd QB 6-1 232 Kentucky
Alex Brink QB 6-2 208 Washington St.
Kevis Coley LB 6-1 228 Southern Miss.
Rosevelt Colvin DE 6-3 250 Purdue
Glenn Earl S 6-1 215 Notre Dame
Greg Eslinger C 6-3 292 Minnesota
Jamar Fletcher CB 5-10 180 Wisconsin
Darnell Jenkins WR 5-10 188 Miami (Fla.)
Ryan Krause TE 6-3 244 Neb. - Omaha
Gabe Long DT 6-3 290 Utah
Anthony Maddox DT 6-1 305 Delta St.
LeRon McCoy WR 6-1 219 Indiana (Pa.)
Ben Moffitt LB 6-2 245 South Florida
Jesse Nading DE 6-5 258 Colorado St.
Derrick Roberson CB 5-10 185 Rutgers
Marcel Shipp RB 5-11 224 Massachusetts
Mark Simmons WR 5-10 187 Kansas
Torrin Tucker T 6-6 315 Southern Miss.
Darius Walker RB 5-11 205 Notre Dame
Dexter Wynn CB 5-9 175 Colorado St.

were they collecting college linebackers with "good stories?" lol. I even see they moved Abbate to FB

Go_Eagles77
08-29-2008, 04:09 PM
Eh, not really. Hes been depressingly terrible in camp and preseason.

I'll take your word for it, can't say I saw him play too much, just surprising because it's a relatively big name.

BeerBaron
08-29-2008, 04:14 PM
if a "big name" gets cut this early on, its probably safe to assume they were doing pretty miserable....

Gotta feel bad for him though. He went from a starter (or at least major contributor) on an undefeated team to not even being able to make a final roster.....

Menardo75
08-29-2008, 05:34 PM
Yeah that is too bad im sure someone else will pick him up though

BeerBaron
08-29-2008, 05:51 PM
Yeah that is too bad im sure someone else will pick him up though

i'm not so sure.... i think he even sat for a while after being cut before the Texans gave him a chance. Only other team I recall being interested was possibly the colts

Menardo75
08-29-2008, 07:43 PM
i'm not so sure.... i think he even sat for a while after being cut before the Texans gave him a chance. Only other team I recall being interested was possibly the colts

If Freeny keeps on getting injured we could see Colvin soon if that is the case

eaglesalltheway
08-29-2008, 08:05 PM
I started a thread for this... But it hadn't been used so I guess I can see why another was started. (Only for you BeerBaron:D) Not many surprises for the Eagles, though, I think guys like Graham and Paschal, if they are still eligble, may be put on our Practice Squad. The texans had a lot of names that I knew there, but I can't say I was surprised with too many of them.

Dam8610
08-29-2008, 10:38 PM
If Freeny keeps on getting injured we could see Colvin soon if that is the case

Yeah, because other than a freak injury, he's missed all of 1 game in his career. He's such an injury risk. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I can not wait to see Kenton Keith's stone hands no longer associated with the Colts as of tomorrow.

Damix
08-30-2008, 12:30 PM
Anthony Wright and Andre Woodson both didn't make the Giants. We're going with Manning and Carr.

Brandon London was waived while Moss did make the team.

Both McQ and Madison made the team

bearsfan_51
08-30-2008, 12:34 PM
Damn, Andre Woodson couldn't even make a roster. Or beat David Carr for that matter.

BeerBaron
08-30-2008, 12:36 PM
Chiefs just cut a whole lot:

1. OC Rob Smith
2. OG Travis Leffew
3. OG Edwin Harrison
4. OT Anthony Alabi
5. TE Michael Allan
6. TE Michael Merritt (PUP)
7. WR Kevin McMahan
8. WR Sergio Joachim
9. WR Jabari Arthur
10. DE Jason Parker
11. DE Johnny Dingle
12. DT Derek Lokey
13. LB EJ Kuale
14. LB Steve Octavien
15. CB Rashad Barksdale
16. S Khayyam Burns
17. PK Connor Barth

And that is sad about Woodson...... Hopefully he catches onto a practice squad somewhere at least. Maybe even back with the Giants after he clears waivers.

BeerBaron
08-30-2008, 12:39 PM
Rudi Johnson is also going to be cut today. What injuries can do to a guys career.....

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/08/30/bengals-cutting-rudi/

bearsfan_51
08-30-2008, 12:40 PM
Damn I knew I should have drafted Kenny Watson.

scottyboy
08-30-2008, 12:43 PM
I knew we wouldn't cut Madison, was up in the air with RW.
Moss making the team kinda surprises me though.

If Woodson clears, I'm pretty sure we'll sign him to the practice squad, or at least we better dammit!

CC.SD
08-30-2008, 12:46 PM
What a ridiculous argument. How we spent those picks has nothing to do with what was given up. The two aren't connected at all.

AJ gave up a lot to move up to the 37th pick, more than is generally considered fair, that's not a debateable point.

Of course it's a ridiculous argument. That said, I'd do it again.

HChu
08-30-2008, 12:49 PM
Durant Brooks wins the Redskins punting job, and sadly Marcus Mason is among the cuts slated to be made today by the 'Skins.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/08/30/redskins-cut-wade-frost-mason/

Geo
08-30-2008, 12:55 PM
Mason looked good at times in the preseason, another team will probably bring him in.

CC.SD
08-30-2008, 12:56 PM
Woodson getting cut is big news IMO. GMs need to watch the game film on this kid, in a QB starved league there's gotta be a roster space somewhere for him.

bearsfan_51
08-30-2008, 12:57 PM
I'm pretty sure they did watch game film of him, which is why he fell to the 6th round in the first place.

PalmerToCJ
08-30-2008, 01:00 PM
Damn I knew I should have drafted Kenny Watson.

Chris Perry is the guy you want, well, until he gets hurt anyway.

Perry is the feature back until he gets injured with Watson giving him breaks. Then in the even Perry does finally get hurt it'd be Watson as the primary guy and DeDe Dorsey as the change of pace/3rd down back.

I have to hope this is more over health than injury. DeDe is a good back, if Rudi wasn't looking like he would come around then I'm all for cutting him but this surely is more over money than health.

scottyboy
08-30-2008, 01:00 PM
Woodson getting cut is big news IMO. GMs need to watch the game film on this kid, in a QB starved league there's gotta be a roster space somewhere for him.

he fumbled 2 snaps in the pats game and that pissed off Coughlin.

That said, I bet he's back on our practice squad...

But come on, the kid fell to the 6th round and couldn't beat out David Carr. I think that says something. These GM's have watched plenty of film, as have their scouts. Obviously they see something you don't. I'll take Jerry Reese's idea of players over yours...

Gay Ork Wang
08-30-2008, 01:01 PM
If the bears picked Woodson, everyone wouldve been like: best draft ever.

Geo
08-30-2008, 01:03 PM
That's not fair. Carr has been in the league for years, plus worked with Giants QB coach Chris Palmer for almost four years when they were with the Texans.

scottyboy
08-30-2008, 01:09 PM
That's not fair. Carr has been in the league for years, plus worked with Giants QB coach Chris Palmer for almost four years when they were with the Texans.

I know, it was a joke. I'm glad he's our #2. MUCH better than ******* Wright and more experienced than Woodson. It was the right choice.

I REALLY want Woodson back though on the PS

LonghornsLegend
08-30-2008, 01:14 PM
Rudi Johnson has been released, per roto:

Bengals released RB Rudi Johnson.
The writing was on the wall for Rudi when he hurt the same hamstring in camp that washed out his '07 season and took way too long to recover. As a vested vet, Johnson may have to wait until after Week 1 to catch on elsewhere so his next team doesn't have to guarantee his salary. The Saints could give him a look.
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

Don't really know if this was posted or not.

BeerBaron
08-30-2008, 01:22 PM
I know, it was a joke. I'm glad he's our #2. MUCH better than ******* Wright and more experienced than Woodson. It was the right choice.

I REALLY want Woodson back though on the PS

well, he's going to have pass through waivers where every other team will have a crack at him... If no one else wants him, he's all yours though, lol

Menardo75
08-30-2008, 01:32 PM
Interesting to see what veterans will get the ax today

Matthew Jones
08-30-2008, 01:37 PM
Yeah, because other than a freak injury, he's missed all of 1 game in his career. He's such an injury risk. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I can not wait to see Kenton Keith's stone hands no longer associated with the Colts as of tomorrow.

I wouldn't be so against Rosevelt Colvin as a backup DE if I were you. He's still a decent player and Dwight Freeney hasn't been very productive over the last two years, with only 9 sacks in 25 games.

Matthew Jones
08-30-2008, 01:38 PM
Patriots cut a few guys:

"The New England Patriots announced the released of four players today:second-year nose tackle Steve Fifita, first-year offensive lineman Jimmy Martin, fourth-year cornerback Jeff Shoate and rookie tight end Jonathan Stupar."

None of these guys had any impact on the season.

This is my prediction for New England's 53-man roster:

QB - Tom Brady, Kevin O'Connell, Matt Gutierrez (3)
RB - Laurence Maroney, Sammy Morris, LaMont Jordan (6)
FB - Heath Evans (7)
WR - Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Jabar Gaffney, Chad Jackson, Kelley Washington, Sam Aiken, Matthew Slater (14)
TE - Benjamin Watson, David Thomas, Stephen Spach (17)
OT - Matt Light, Nick Kaczur, Wesley Britt (20)
OG - Logan Mankins, Billy Yates, Russ Hochstein, John Welbourn (24)
OC - Daniel Koppen, Lonie Paxton (26)

DE - Ty Warren, Rihhard Seymour, Jarvis Green (29)
DT - Vince Wilfork, Mike Wright, Le Kevin Smith (32)
LB - Mike Vrabel, Adalius Thomas, Shawn Crable, Pierre Woods, Gary Guyton (37)
LB - Tedy Bruschi, Jerod Mayo, Victor Hobson, Eric Alexander, Larry Izzo (42)
CB - Ellis Hobbs III, Fernando Bryant, Terrence Wheatley, Lewis Sanders, Jonathan Wilhite (47)
FS - James Sanders, John Lynch (49)
SS - Rodney Harrison, Brandon Meriweather (51)

PK - Stephen Gostkowski (52)
PN - Chris Hanson (53)

Injured:

OT Ryan O'Callaghan
OG Stephen Neal
CB Mike Richardson
SS Tank Williams

Suspended:

RB Kevin Faulk

Practice Squad:

RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis
LB Vince Redd
FS Raymond Ventrone

kalbears13
08-30-2008, 01:49 PM
Browns:

Reserve-Injured

OL Lennie Friedman

Waived

TE Brad Cieslak

DB A.J. Davis

WR Efrem Hill

TE Kolomona Kapanui

DB Travis Key

OL James Lee

WR Lance Leggett

LB David McMillan

DB Brandon Mitchell

LB Chase Ortiz

OL Jonathan Palmer

DB Jereme Perry

DL Melila Purcell

K Jason Reda

WR Steve Sanders

WR Travis Wilson

Terminated-Vested Veteran

LB Shantee Orr

Waived-Injured

OL Derrick Morse

OL Marvin Philip

DL Chase Pittman

RB Travis Thomas

Geo
08-30-2008, 01:49 PM
Kevin Faulk still counts on the 53-man roster if he's suspended ...

thebow305
08-30-2008, 01:56 PM
First Dolphins cut today: S Courtney Bryan

Source: http://www.palmbeachpost.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/palmbeach/miamidolphins/entries/2008/08/30/s_bryan_let_go.html?cxntfid=blogs_inside_the_dolph ins

Geo
08-30-2008, 02:18 PM
I wouldn't be so against Rosevelt Colvin as a backup DE if I were you. He's still a decent player and Dwight Freeney hasn't been very productive over the last two years, with only 9 sacks in 25 games.
I was for the move earlier in the offseason, but no thanks to Colvin now imo. The Colts have more explosive pass rushers on the roster, so much so that they'll have to cut a few.

And Freeney's impact and effect on a game extends a world beyond that particular statline.

PalmerToCJ
08-30-2008, 02:23 PM
Given this is a draft site this one may be of interest...

Ahmad Brooks is on the border of being cut. Not sure if he isn't over that groin injury or what but the guy did nothing in preseason against 3rd team players. He played some MLB against the Colts and didn't do so bad, I'd think if they keep him he has to go back to MLB. He couldn't do squat at SLB.

Hines
08-30-2008, 02:39 PM
Willie Anderson was just released by the Bengals after he refused to take a pay cut. Does he have anything left in the tank?

That is from Rotoworld.

Also, on the Steelers message board, a poster said there was a rumor that Winston Justice was going to get cut. Any truth to that rumor?

Burns336
08-30-2008, 02:45 PM
there goes the "jurrasic" line

MooshooGawd
08-30-2008, 02:52 PM
Bengals are making a lot of cap room with the release of Willie Anderson and Rudi Johnson.

Doesn't make sense that Willie wouldn't take pay cut. He had lost his starting job, he's hasn't been healthy in years, and he was getting beat by teams 2nd and 3rd stringers in the preseason. You can't pay a guy 6 million when he's playing like that.

PalmerToCJ
08-30-2008, 02:53 PM
I understand releasing Willie from a business standpoint but it still sucks.

The guy was with us through thick and thin, he was a team player.

Wish him nothing but the best.

themaninblack
08-30-2008, 02:58 PM
Sad day in Bengaldom Willie has been one of our best players for many years and I can't believe he's gone. I thought for sure he'd end his career a Bengal.

CC.SD
08-30-2008, 02:58 PM
Willie Anderson would be a dream signing for me. Chargers depth at OT is bad, behind LJ Shelton. Like, practice squad guys, and not the good ones. Bring him in AJ!

He was getting paid 5 mill a year right? Yeah, too much for a bench player. He's really had a great career, I always zeroed in on him with Cincy.

Hines
08-30-2008, 03:00 PM
Willie Anderson would be a dream signing for me. Chargers depth at OT is bad, behind LJ Shelton. Like, practice squad guys, and not the good ones. Bring him in AJ!

He was getting paid 5 mill a year right? Yeah, too much for a bench player. He's really had a great career, I always zeroed in on him with Cincy.

Chargers Oline and depth>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Steelers Oline and depth.

HChu
08-30-2008, 03:07 PM
According to the Redskins Blog the following have been cut by the Redskins:

* QB Derek Devine
* RB Marcus Mason
* FB Nehemiah Broughton
* WR Maurice Mann
* WR Horace Gant
* WR Billy McMullen
* WR Anthony Mix
* DT Matthias Askew
* DT Ryan Boschetti
* T Devin Clark
* T Todd Wade
* T Tavares Washington
* G Andrew Crummey
* G Fred Matua
* LB Curtis Gatewood
* LB David Holloway
* LB Danny Verdun-Wheeler
* S Patrick Ghee
* CB Cedrick Holt
* CB Matterral Richardson
* CB Byron Westbrook
* P Derrick Frost

Which means the winner of our 6th receiver spot is, nobody.

http://theredskinsblog.com/2008/08/30/saturday-august-30-cut-day/

Hines
08-30-2008, 03:09 PM
I hope the Steelers look at Todd Wade, Willie Anderson, and Rosie Colvin.

Geo
08-30-2008, 03:11 PM
Anderson is a bit surprising, but not entirely. Bengals have a great talent in Stacy Andrews who was primed to win the job at RT, and did so.

BeerBaron
08-30-2008, 04:01 PM
wow....i can't even keep up with all of these anymore. went out for a little bit, got back, and now I've totally lost track, lol. these things go quick...

TheBuffaloBills
08-30-2008, 04:05 PM
Chargers Oline and depth>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Steelers Oline and depth.

Steelers Oline and Depth >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bills Oline and depth

TheBuffaloBills
08-30-2008, 04:11 PM
I predict George Wilson of the Bills to get cut.... That is my one surprise pick

Dam8610
08-30-2008, 04:26 PM

Really? Wow. Okay, let's just ignore the fact that in 2006, teams ran at the Colts more than any other team in the NFL by far and Freeney still was top 5 in pressures. That's another thing about his "reduced production"...not getting a sack is not necessarily a failed play for Freeney. He draws a double, he's done his job, he gets a pressure, he's done his job, he makes the QB make a decision a split second before he wants to because of his presence, he's done his job. As for Colvin, why bother with him when the Colts have two far cheaper, far younger options to work with for a situational pass rusher in Marcus Howard and Curtis Johnson? I'd rather see both of them get some valuable experience and develop than see a 1 year patch go out there and probably fail like Simeon Rice.

MooshooGawd
08-30-2008, 04:28 PM
Damn! I was hoping the Bengals would keep Ahmad Brooks around. But I guess Keith Rivers gets that #55 now. Deltha O'Neal is also a surprise, but he plays like he doesn't give a crap anymore.

Also, it's total BS that Jordan Palmer made the team. Hmmm...I wonder why! Jeff Rowe outplayed him.

Bengal cuts
Saturday, August 30, 2008, 05:20 PM EST [Bengals]

OT Willie Anderson

HB Rudi Johnson

TE Nate Lawrie

LB Jim Maxwell

CB Deltha O'Neal

LB Ahmad Brooks

DE Antwon Burton

S John Busing

DE Eric Henderson

QB Jeff Rowe

G Nate Livings

OT Dane Uperesa

G James Blair

LB Angelo Craig

LB Anthony Hoke

HB James Johnson

WR Clyde Logan

WR Maurice Purify

WR Mario Urrutia

* TE Matt Sherry has been put on the Reserve/Injured list

12 of the 15 players are eligible for the practice squad. The three not eligible are Ahmad Brooks, John Busing and Jeff Rowe

T-RICH49
08-30-2008, 04:36 PM

no way you back off.If any team needs OL help it's us.Carl go get him

Average OT LB
08-30-2008, 04:54 PM
Damn! I was hoping the Bengals would keep Ahmad Brooks around. But I guess Keith Rivers gets that #55 now. Deltha O'Neal is also a surprise, but he plays like he doesn't give a crap anymore.

Also, it's total BS that Jordan Palmer made the team. Hmmm...I wonder why! Jeff Rowe outplayed him.

Bengal cuts
Saturday, August 30, 2008, 05:20 PM EST [Bengals]

OT Willie Anderson

HB Rudi Johnson

TE Nate Lawrie

LB Jim Maxwell

CB Deltha O'Neal

LB Ahmad Brooks

DE Antwon Burton

S John Busing

DE Eric Henderson

QB Jeff Rowe

G Nate Livings

OT Dane Uperesa

G James Blair

LB Angelo Craig

LB Anthony Hoke

HB James Johnson

WR Clyde Logan

WR Maurice Purify

WR Mario Urrutia

* TE Matt Sherry has been put on the Reserve/Injured list

12 of the 15 players are eligible for the practice squad. The three not eligible are Ahmad Brooks, John Busing and Jeff Rowe

Where do you think rudi johnson is gonna end up? I'm hearing New Orleans

Hines
08-30-2008, 04:56 PM
The Bengals are bold releasing Brooks, Anderson, Johnson, and O'Neal.

Flyboy
08-30-2008, 05:04 PM
The New Orleans Saints made 14 roster moves Saturday to reach the NFL-mandated active roster limit of 53.

The club has placed CB Greg Fassitt (knee) on Reserve/Injured. The Saints have waived G Andy Alleman, G Tim Duckworth, LB Jo-Lonn Dunbar, WR Skyler Green, RB Lynell Hamilton, DT Orien Harris, LB William Kershaw, K Taylor Mehlhaff, TE Buck Ortega, QB Tyler Palko, DE Josh Savage, FB Olaniyi Sobomehein and WR Joe West.

There ya go.

GB12
08-30-2008, 05:08 PM
Melhaff lost out to Martin Gramatica, really?

Go_Eagles77
08-30-2008, 05:09 PM
Full list of eagles cuts

Kyle Arrington (CB) Good preseason, but fifth corner a luxury at this point
Bam Childress (WR) Touchdown vs. Jets nice way to end preseason
Jed Collins (FB) Good on special teams, but not enough on offense
Jason Davis(FB) Was the early-on favorite, but Hunt won job late
Therrian Fontenot (CB) Physical corner, was fun to watch at training camp
Michael Gasperson (WR) Former practice squad project came on late in preseason
Nick Graham (CB) Not enough improvement from '07 rookie free agent
Jamal Jones (WR) Hard-working receiver slowed by injury in preseason
Mike Marquardt (DT) Good-size, Had sack in preseason finale
Shaheer McBride (WR) Chester, PA native has the ideal size. Showed flashes in camp
Jerome McDougle (DE) Respected highly for the way he battled in preseason
Ryan Moats (RB) Speedy back should find job, too much depth on roster
Marcus Paschal (S) Rookie free agent last year, has game experience
Montae Reagor (DT) Had sack in first game as Eagle, battled injuries
Stefan Rodgers (G) Another veteran caught up in numbers crunch
Justin Roland (LB) Returned INT for TD against Carolina
Andy Studebaker (LB) Small-school defensive end learning linebacker spot
Pago Togafau (LB) Entered camp as backup MIKE, but lost job to Joe Mays
Kris Wilson (TE) Former second-round pick never broke through
Scott Young (G) Experienced reserve should find job pretty quickly

IR: King Dunlap (ankle) and guard Mike Gibson (shoulder).

Flyboy
08-30-2008, 05:13 PM
Melhaff lost out to Martin Gramatica, really?

Yep, it appears that way.

SuperMcGee
08-30-2008, 05:17 PM
Steelers Oline and Depth >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bills Oline and depth

Our starting 5 is much, much better assuming Peters comes around.
Depth isn't that good, sure, but Chambers has gotten a lot better and did a better job at RT.

And sorry Scotty, but Will James didn't quite make it.

Hines
08-30-2008, 05:18 PM
Full list of eagles cuts

Kyle Arrington (CB) Good preseason, but fifth corner a luxury at this point
Bam Childress (WR) Touchdown vs. Jets nice way to end preseason
Jed Collins (FB) Good on special teams, but not enough on offense
Jason Davis(FB) Was the early-on favorite, but Hunt won job late
Therrian Fontenot (CB) Physical corner, was fun to watch at training camp
Michael Gasperson (WR) Former practice squad project came on late in preseason
Nick Graham (CB) Not enough improvement from '07 rookie free agent
Jamal Jones (WR) Hard-working receiver slowed by injury in preseason
Mike Marquardt (DT) Good-size, Had sack in preseason finale
Shaheer McBride (WR) Chester, PA native has the ideal size. Showed flashes in camp
Jerome McDougle (DE) Respected highly for the way he battled in preseason
Ryan Moats (RB) Speedy back should find job, too much depth on roster
Marcus Paschal (S) Rookie free agent last year, has game experience
Montae Reagor (DT) Had sack in first game as Eagle, battled injuries
Stefan Rodgers (G) Another veteran caught up in numbers crunch
Justin Roland (LB) Returned INT for TD against Carolina
Andy Studebaker (LB) Small-school defensive end learning linebacker spot
Pago Togafau (LB) Entered camp as backup MIKE, but lost job to Joe Mays
Kris Wilson (TE) Former second-round pick never broke through
Scott Young (G) Experienced reserve should find job pretty quickly

IR: King Dunlap (ankle) and guard Mike Gibson (shoulder).

I guess the rumor I heard of Justice getting cut was untrue. Oh well. I wonder what McDougle can do in a 34 and could be a good suite there. I am suprised that Moats got cut as I thought the Eagles were high on him, but with Booker there, he became expendable.

MooshooGawd
08-30-2008, 05:25 PM
The Bengals are bold releasing Brooks, Anderson, Johnson, and O'Neal.

They're bold in that they are big names that have had playing time.

Brooks: As I said, I was hoping he made the squad - although I admit he didn't earn it. He's a physical freak, but the guy has nothing upstairs and gets hurt a lot. I was hoping the light would come on, but when he couldn't outrun Drew Stanton a few weeks ago, the writing was on the wall.

O'Neal: The guy just plays lazy. He was a Pro-Bowler a few years ago, and now he just mopes around. He was beaten out for the nickel role.

Anderson: Has been said. He's still not healthy enough to do the weekly grind, but he could no doubt help a team. He may retire, but if he does sign with someone else, it'll probably only be for a team with a chance to win a Super Bowl.

Johnson: Last offseason, Rudi lost almost 20 lbs because he wanted to be faster. It was a terrible decision. He was tapdancing in the backfield and his YPC dropped. On top of that his hamstring made him a non-factor. Kenny Watson came in and did well. He's gained his weight back but hasn't practiced since the first week of camp. He can help a team like Houston, Detroit, Denver, and any team with questions about the RB position should check him out. He would be a beast in Denver.

Matthew Jones
08-30-2008, 05:33 PM
I'd love for New England to add Willie Anderson to play RT. He'd really give us a boost on the offensive line. In addition, I only expect three tackles have a pretty solid spot on roster and Goodell could always suspended Kaczur out of nowhere.

For the Redskins, Marcus Mason getting cut is disappointing. He was a good player in the preseason, it would be sad if he wasn't able to find a new roster spot. I thought he was one of the team's bright spots over the past month or so.

Im_a_Romosexual
08-30-2008, 05:33 PM
Cowboys cuts:

QB Richard Bartel, WR Mark Bradford, WR Todd Lowber, WR Danny Amendola, WR Mike Jefferson, TE Rodney Hannah, TE Drew Atchison, RB Alonzo Coleman, RB Keon Lattimore, FB Julius Crosslin, C Ryan Gibbons, OT Cory Lekkerkerker, DE Marcus Smith, DE Marcus Dixon, NT Junior Siavii, NT Remi Ayodele, LB Darrell Robertson, LB Erik Walden, LB Tyson Smith, LB Tearrius George, S Dowayne Davis.

Matthew Jones
08-30-2008, 05:44 PM
Thank god Amendola isn't on the Cowboys this year. I liked him a lot, and the Cowboys have a great team (albeit an average coach.)

Scotty D
08-30-2008, 05:46 PM
Heres the Lions cuts. We have two runningbacks on the roster now. Calhoun and Cason got put on IR.

WR Eric Bellamy

LB Darnell Bing

S Greg Blue

LB Buster Davis

G Frank Davis

DE Victor DeGrate

CB Dovonte Edwards

WR Devale Ellis

DE Rudolph Hardie

TE Clark Harris

QB Drew Henson

S LaMarcus Hicks

WR Brandon Middleton

WR Kenneth Moore

WR John Standeford

G Corey Hulsey

LB Leon Joe

RB Artose Pinner

T Jonathan Scott

CB Kiwaukee Thomas

Hines
08-30-2008, 05:49 PM
I am suprised to see Fernando Bryant and Vince Redd released from the Patriots as those two positions are needs for them.

Matthew Jones
08-30-2008, 05:50 PM
Per Rotoworld, the Patriots made the following cuts:

DL Kenny Smith (I.R.) - I thought he'd just be released.

LB Bo Ruud (I.R.) - Expected, although I doubt he makes the team next year.

C Mike Flynn - Somewhat surprising, did well last week and gives some depth, could return.

LB Victor Hobson - Didn't do well in preseason, was outplayed by Mayo, and didn't make the team. Potential for Seau to return?

CB Fernando Bryant - Looked terrible by most reports in practice, camp, and games, and I guess the #2 is up for grabs.

DB Antwan Spann - Looked okay last week in the game, I thought he had a shot, but apparently not.

Hines
08-30-2008, 05:52 PM
Per Rotoworld, the Patriots made the following cuts:

DL Kenny Smith (I.R.) - I thought he'd just be released.

LB Bo Ruud (I.R.) - Expected, although I doubt he makes the team next year.

C Mike Flynn - Somewhat surprising, did well last week and gives some depth, could return.

LB Victor Hobson - Didn't do well in preseason, was outplayed by Mayo, and didn't make the team. Potential for Seau to return?

CB Fernando Bryant - Looked terrible by most reports in practice, camp, and games, and I guess the #2 is up for grabs.

DB Antwan Spann - Looked okay last week in the game, I thought he had a shot, but apparently not.

You should have kept Vince Redd. From looking at his measureables and numbers(noting that he did play for a small college), I think he will find somewhere and stick. I would hope the Steelers at least look at him, but I doubt it. He is a good talent to where I dont think he will go on your PS.

Matthew Jones
08-30-2008, 05:55 PM
You should have kept Vince Redd. From looking at his measureables and numbers(noting that he did play for a small college), I think he will find somewhere and stick. I would hope the Steelers at least look at him, but I doubt it. He is a good talent to where I dont think he will go on your PS.

I didn't really think he had a great shot of making the team, but I am a huge Redd fan, and hope he gets to make the practice squad. I think he'd be signed away from it, but at least to sign him would show that we're not just kicking him to the curb.

Matthew Jones
08-30-2008, 06:03 PM
This is from Patsfans.com:

Here's the announcement, just issued by the Patriots:

The New England Patriots placed two players on the reserve/injured list, placed one player on the reserve/non-football injury list and released 14 players today. Tackle Oliver Ross (shoulder) was placed on the reserve/non-football injury list, while linebacker Bo Ruud (ankle) and defensive lineman Kenny Smith (arm) were placed on the reserve/injured list. Additionally, New England released 14 players, listed below.

The Patriots are in compliance with the NFL’s regular-season roster limit, which took effect at 4:00 p.m. EDT today.

PLAYERS PLACED ON THE RESERVE/INJURED LIST BY THE PATRIOTS TODAY
# NAME POS
91 Ruud, Bo LB
95 Smith, Kenny DL

PLAYERS PLACED ON THE RESERVE/NFI LIST BY THE PATRIOTS TODAY
# NAME POS
76 Ross, Oliver T

PLAYERS RELEASED BY THE PATRIOTS TODAY
# NAME POS
62 Adams, Titus DL
25 Bryant, Fernando CB
46 DeVree, Tyson TE
30 Dillard, Mark S
75 Flynn, Mike C
42 Green-Ellis, BenJarvus RB
7 Gutierrez, Matt QB
59 Hobson, Victor LB
49 Redd, Vince LB
35 Richardson, Mike CB
64 Sene, Stephen T
28 Spann, Antwain DB
92 Thomas, Santonio DL
69 Welbourn, John G

Okay, so aside from the people I mentioned earlier (Thomas, Hobson, Redd, etc.), only a few cuts surprise me. One is the highly speculated upon backup QB battle, which apparently Matt Cassel won over Matt Gutierrez. I fully expected Cassel to be cut, and thought Gutierrez was a likely cut as well, although not so much as Cassel. I was hoping the team would add a veteran backup (Harrington, Culpepper) instead.

Anyways, there are only two players who I was hoping would make the team, but were cut: Green-Ellis, who looked good in the preseason, and Mike Richardson, who sounds like an excellent Patriots corner. John Welbourn looked like someone who might make the roster as well, since Neal went on the PUP list.

Additionally, C.J. Jones made the team. I think New England has nine receivers on roster now. Those would be Moss, Welker, Gaffney, Jackson, Washington, Aiken, Jones, Slater, and Ventrone. Of course, Slater and Ventrone could play safety instead (they play both), and Washington, Aiken, and Slater are special teamers.

Players who I'd want New England to sign:

QB Daunte Culpepper
QB Joey Harrington
WR Danny Amendola (practice squad)
OT Willie Anderson
LB Ahmad Brooks (practice squad)
LB Rosevelt Colvin
LB Vince Redd (practice squad)
LB Junior Seau
CB Deltha O'Neal (sort of, not really)

themaninblack
08-30-2008, 06:04 PM
Full list of cut Bengals players:
http://www.daytondailynews.com/o/content/shared-gen/blogs/dayton/chickludwig/

Chucky
08-30-2008, 06:23 PM
Chris Simms has been cut. I expect someone to pick him up

diabsoule
08-30-2008, 06:26 PM
There ya go.

I'm very surprised Melhaff, Dunbar, & Alleman didn't make the team.

doingthisinsteadofwork
08-30-2008, 06:28 PM
Waived
C Jesse Boone
CB Darrick Brown
DE Derrick Gray
DE Greyson Gunheim
WR Jonathan Holland
FB Luke Lawton
CB-S Nate Lyles
WR Chris McFoy
P Glenn Pakulak
RB Louis Rankin
FB Marcel Reece
G Brandon Rodd
CB Nick Sanchez
LB Shane Simmons
TE Darrell Strong
DB Marviel Underwood
CB Michael Waddell
TE Chris Wagner
LB Adam Archuleta
RB Adimchinobe Echemandu
DT Josh Shaw

Draft King
08-30-2008, 06:30 PM
I already touched on this in the Atlanta thread, but I'm going to miss Daren Stone for the Falcons. He showed nice potential and really caught my eye in the preseason. Also, Joey Harrington was cut.

doingthisinsteadofwork
08-30-2008, 06:30 PM
Injured reserve
Arman Shields

diabsoule
08-30-2008, 06:43 PM
It seems like I could make a pretty decent team with all of the players that were cut today.

bearsfan_51
08-30-2008, 06:50 PM
Waived
LB Adam Archuleta

Shocking...

SchizophrenicBatman
08-30-2008, 07:03 PM
OG Milford Brown, CB Ricardo Colclough, OG Toniu Fonoti, S Terrence Holt, WR Samie Parker, WR Travis Taylor, RB LaBrandon Toefield QB Brett Basanez, RB Decori Birmingham, RB, WR Will Buchanon, S Joe Fields, FB Troy Fleming, WR Chris Hannon, DT Nick Hayden, OL Evan Mathis, DE Stanley McClover, OL Rueben Riley, OL Geoff Schwartz, LB Tim Shaw, DB Darren Toney, TE Chad Upshaw, DT Steve Williams.

Some guys I think can play in the league on this list, but no one big

GB12
08-30-2008, 07:09 PM
Packers cuts

Wide receiver Jake Allen, cornerback Scorpio Babers, defensive tackle Conrad Bolston, center Brennen Carvalho, safety Tyrone Culver, linebacker Spencer Havner, tight end Joey Haynos, running back Noah Herron, guard Ryan Keenan, linebacker Danny Lansanah, defensive tackle Alfred Malone, running back Vernand Morency, defensive tackle Daniel Muir, cornerback Joe Porter, wide receiver Johnny Quinn, wide receiver Taj Smith, wide receiver Brett Swain, tackle Orrin Thompson and fullback Corey White.

Junius Coston and long snapper JJ Jansen were placed on IR

Muir was a shock to me as we're now down to just 3 defensive tackles. Look for us to trade for a DT within the next week. I also thought Herron would make it, but the rest are no suprise.

doingthisinsteadofwork
08-30-2008, 07:14 PM
Dre Moore was cut.I want him in S&B.

Hines
08-30-2008, 07:25 PM
OG Milford Brown, CB Ricardo Colclough, OG Toniu Fonoti, S Terrence Holt, WR Samie Parker, WR Travis Taylor, RB LaBrandon Toefield QB Brett Basanez, RB Decori Birmingham, RB, WR Will Buchanon, S Joe Fields, FB Troy Fleming, WR Chris Hannon, DT Nick Hayden, OL Evan Mathis, DE Stanley McClover, OL Rueben Riley, OL Geoff Schwartz, LB Tim Shaw, DB Darren Toney, TE Chad Upshaw, DT Steve Williams.

Some guys I think can play in the league on this list, but no one big

I remember when McClover was suppose to be a beast in the league, then he was drafted in the 7th round and is a noone. Shouldve stayed in school.

CashmoneyDrew
08-30-2008, 07:39 PM
Sad to see Erik Walden cut. Good, hard-working kid. Any Eagles fans know if Franklin Dunbar made the team?

bigbluedefense
08-30-2008, 07:51 PM
The Giants might give Roosevelt Colvin a looksi.

Its worth a shot.

Hines
08-30-2008, 07:51 PM

I would love to see him in the Black and Gold too. Could start next year if he gets motivated.

bigbluedefense
08-30-2008, 07:54 PM
Someone might pull a Dallas w/Leonard Davis type of move and sign Willie Anderson to play RG.

Hines
08-30-2008, 07:55 PM
Someone might pull a Dallas w/Leonard Davis type of move and sign Willie Anderson to play RG.

Hopefully its the Steelers.

scottyboy
08-30-2008, 08:24 PM
noooooooooo Will James got cut? ****!

and so did Clark Harris!!! BAH!

now I've gotta check the Jets to mak sure Girault and Renkart stayed...

*off to some jets site, unfortunately*

bearsfan_51
08-30-2008, 08:26 PM

Wow. Thats a shocking cut to me. Not only did Moore seem perfect for the Bucs, he was a relatively high pick.

Geo
08-30-2008, 08:28 PM
Girault was cut, I remember reading.

Geo
08-30-2008, 08:28 PM
Wow. Thats a shocking cut to me. Not only did Moore seem perfect for the Bucs, he was a relatively high pick.
I wanted to avoid him at all costs. He's just a workout warrior.

scottyboy
08-30-2008, 08:32 PM
Girault was cut, I remember reading.

I know Renkart was, which blows but haven't seen Giraultanywhere...

please tell me Foster made the Colts...PLEASE!

Geo
08-30-2008, 08:33 PM
Oh yeah, Foster is definitely in.

Dam8610
08-30-2008, 08:33 PM
please tell me Foster made the Colts...PLEASE!

He did. Could've found that out by checking the team forum though. :p

CashmoneyDrew
08-30-2008, 08:37 PM
A few cuts I was surprised to see from the Titans....
Calvin Lowry
Antonio Johnson
Biren Ealy
Ingle Martin
Cary Williams
Roydell Williams

B-Dawk
08-30-2008, 09:15 PM
anyone know about about dan davis on the colts, haven't followed him too much

bucpimpin
08-30-2008, 09:23 PM
Buccaneers Cuts:
DE Charles Bennett (released)
G Phil Bogle (released)
DT Chris Bradwell (released)
DE Patrick Chukwurah (released)
WR Brian Clark (released)
T Chris Clark (released)
RB Kenneth Darby (released)
OL Chris Denman (released)
TE Daniel Fells (released)
CB Marcus Hamilton (released)
CB Darrell Hunter (released)
G Brian Johnson (released)
WR Chad Lucas (released)
DT Dre Moore (released) - This years 4th round pick that we traded up for
LB Ryan Nece (released)
T Dennis Roland (released)
QB Chris Simms (released)
RB Clifton Smith (released)
WR Micheal Spurlock (released)
FB Carl Stewart (released)

Geo
08-30-2008, 09:41 PM
Michael Spurlock, noooo. He delivers the first kickoff return touchdown in franchse history and gets cut for it.

He joined the team again a week or so ago, did some good things in the last preseason game, but unfortunately didn't make it to the 53-man roster.

tylerb929
08-30-2008, 09:42 PM

Yes, he was cut.

Here are the Colts cuts:
WR-Devin Aromashodu
DT-Joe Bradley
DE-Jeff Charleston
DB-Brannon Condren
DT-Dan Davis
OL-Tala Esera
DT-Colin Ferrell
DB-Brandon Foster
WR-Sam Giguere
QB-Quinn Gray
DE-Ben Ishola
WR-Onrea Jones
RB-Kenton Keith
QB-Jared Lorenzen
OT-Darren Marquez
LB-Kyle Shotwell
RB-Chad Simpson
TE-Tyrice Thompson
OT-Michael Toudouze
LB-Victor Worsley

ATLDirtyBirds
08-30-2008, 09:46 PM
Cutting Daren Stone is a move that reaks of failure. And the Cowboys cuts were pretty lame for those watching Hard Knocks. Haha. Amendola, Lowdery, Ray Lewis' bother, etc.

diabsoule
08-30-2008, 09:47 PM
Lorenzon and Quinn Gray? Their going to start the Las Vegas Outlaws with the best of the rest.

Vikes99ej
08-30-2008, 09:55 PM
I would love to see him in the Black and Gold too. Could start next year if he gets motivated.

No, he's obviously a lazy-ass. There's a hundred players a year like this. "Oh, he got cut, I so want to see him in 'team colors'." He'll never amount to anything.

Geo
08-30-2008, 10:12 PM
Lorenzon and Quinn Gray? Their going to start the Las Vegas Outlaws with the best of the rest.
I still feel that Quinn Gray can be a good starting quarterback in the league. Don't hold his experience with the Colts too much against him, he only joined the team on July 24th and it's not an offense to just walk into. Especially when playing with inexperienced back-ups because of team youth.

He has size, he has the arm, the accuracy for the most part, can move around the field very well, and can read defenses okay. If I was in charge of the Chicago Bears, I'd immediately sign him and build my offense around him. But that's me personally, I see a great deal of potential in him. I think he can be the next David Garrard.

LonghornsLegend
08-30-2008, 10:13 PM
Cutting Daren Stone is a move that reaks of failure. And the Cowboys cuts were pretty lame for those watching Hard Knocks. Haha. Amendola, Lowdery, Ray Lewis' bother, etc.

Neither had much of a shot to begin with, Lattimore is actually pretty good but he's not going to make it over the 4th rd draft pick, Amendola has very little to no upside, and Lowber is a PS guy at this point, too raw to make anyone's 53 man roster, but I certainly want to keep him around.

Brodeur
08-30-2008, 10:14 PM
I still feel that Quinn Gray can be a good starting runningback in the league. Don't hold his experience with the Colts too much against him, he only joined the team on July 24th and it's not an offense to just walk into. Especially when playing with inexperienced back-ups because of team youth.

He's probably a little too slow for that to work.

Geo
08-30-2008, 10:15 PM
Whoops, wrong position. Thanks for the notice, Brody.

bearsfan_51
08-30-2008, 10:19 PM
I still feel that Quinn Gray can be a good starting quarterback in the league. Don't hold his experience with the Colts too much against him, he only joined the team on July 24th and it's not an offense to just walk into. Especially when playing with inexperienced back-ups because of team youth.

He has size, he has the arm, the accuracy for the most part, can move around the field very well, and can read defenses okay. If I was in charge of the Chicago Bears, I'd immediately sign him and build my offense around him. But that's me personally, I see a great deal of potential in him. I think he can be the next David Garrard.
Hasn't Quinn Gray already been on three teams now? No offense Geo, but this would be a time I'm glad you aren't in charge of the Bears.

M.O.T.H.
08-30-2008, 10:22 PM
I wouldnt want him starting for my team but, Gray can be a pretty solid back up for a lot of teams out there. He's a good player.

Geo
08-30-2008, 10:22 PM
The Jaguars signed Cleo Lemon after last season. Unknown how much of an effort they made to re-sign Gray, who signed with the Texans.

Except the Texans didn't trade back-up Sage Rosenfels during the Draft, as was discussed. So Gray was released, the Texans keep only two quarterbacks.

And you saw his time with the Colts. Manning got healthy, Sorgi either is secretly healthy or will be very soon, so they went back to two quarterbacks only as usual. Did Gray make some mistakes? Sure he did, but they were correctable imo and there was no comfort level.

bearsfan_51
08-30-2008, 10:24 PM
I dunno.....I'm really not so down with building my team around a guy that was collectively cut for:

Cleo Lemon
Sage Rosenfels
Jim Sorgi

Call me crazy.

Geo
08-30-2008, 10:28 PM
In the cases of Rosenfels and Sorgi, you're talking about experienced back-ups.

If it was up to me though, I would definitely replace Sorgi with Gray.

Does Gray need further development? Absolutely he does, I don't disagree with that. But with that development, with experience and a full-fledged opportunity, I think he can become a good to very good starter in the league. Similar to David Garrard, as I mentioned earlier.

49ersfan_87
08-30-2008, 10:30 PM
Ashley Lelie and Moran Norris are the only notable 49ers cut today.

I knew when the 49ers signed Lelie that it would be bad, and of course it was. He was constantly injured and caught only 10 receptions as a 49er..good riddance.

tylerb929
08-31-2008, 09:51 AM
I was under the impression that Gray just thinks he's better than he really is. I'm pretty sure I read that he opted out of his last year with the Jags because he was upset the started Garrard over him, because at the time they were both pretty much unknown and very similar. As for Sorgi and Rosenfels beating him out, thats just a matter of knowing the playbook and them knowing their role on their teams, no one wants a back up who thinks he should be starting.

Matthew Jones
08-31-2008, 11:01 AM

I thought he was really impressive in the preseason a few years ago against the Patriots, but other than that I really can't say much about him. Actually, I was able to find a link with a bit of searching (his game logs weren't on NFL.com), and he threw three touchdowns in eight minutes (albeit against 2nd/3rd stringers.)

diabsoule
08-31-2008, 11:18 AM

I think so too and I was hoping the Saints would've signed him before we got Mark Brunell.

M.O.T.H.
08-31-2008, 12:28 PM
I thought he was really impressive in the preseason a few years ago against the Patriots, but other than that I really can't say much about him. Actually, I was able to find a link with a bit of searching (his game logs weren't on NFL.com), and he threw three touchdowns in eight minutes (albeit against 2nd/3rd stringers.)

No need to look at preseason game logs...he played in 8 games last year, starting 4.

Geo
08-31-2008, 12:33 PM
Imo it's most beneficial for an outdoors team to have Gray, particularly one with bad weather as the season progresses. Because he has the size and arm, and the ability to move out of the pocket when necessary, to make a team successful in those conditions. Similar to Roethlisberger in Pittsburgh, to give the mental image.

That's why if I was in charge of the Bears, my first order of business would be to get Quinn and sign him to a four-year deal (probably cheap too at this point). If the guy never becomes more than the bridge to a franchise quarterback, so be it.

As I've stated before, I don't completely agree with Angelo's and Lovie's philosophy of building a more finesse offense for the Bears - but obviously they've had great success, multiple division titles and a team that was worth every bit its Super Bowl appearance, so who cares whether I agree or not because they know what they are doing.

Admittedly, I do picture the Pittsburgh Steelers a good deal, in thinking of a Bears offense I would build. Even in that vein however, I think the Bears already have the weapons for Gray though.
Earl Bennett (~ Hines Ward) is physical receiver who can line up outside and in the slot to attack anywhere at any time, can make tough catches and and will hopefully excel in run-blocking.
Greg Olsen (~ Heath Miller) is an athletic tight end with incredible potential, I think he can be the next Shockey if he gets the full opportunity and the targets. Ultimately is unlikely to develop into the run-blocker that Shockey did after some years, but Olsen is improving from how he was out of Miami.
Desmond Clark is a veteran tight end who not only brings that run-blocking, but knows how to attack defenses either down the seam or near the sidelines.
Devin Hester (~ Santonio Holmes) brings big play ability as a deep threat, which could happen with a big quarterback with a strong arm in Gray.
Matt Forte and Garrett Wolfe, two backs who more than suffice as receivers out of the backfield.
And the Bears would be good to go. Other than the vet Clark, that's an incredibly young core to have. Hester is the most experienced player, coming into his third year. Honestly Angelo and Lovie get a bad rap, they've got the guys but now just need them to develop, and receivers take a few years to do that.

I think a team like Kansas City could also benefit considering Gray, especially when they saw a glimpse of his potential first hand, when he played against them at Arrowheard in Week 17 of the 2006 season.

Gay Ork Wang
08-31-2008, 12:39 PM
U mean to get Quinn ;) I actually think Caleb Hanie could be our QB. He looked really nice and had some nice throws

Geo
08-31-2008, 12:51 PM
The Patriots reportedly waive wide receiver Chad Jackson (http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2008/08/source_chad_jac.html), who they traded up to get in the second round in 2006.

I hope others are starting to see what I've been saying for a while (and was criticized for by many), the Patriots aren't close to as good a drafting team as they were when they built their dynasty. And/or that with Crennel no longer the defensive coordinator and Mangenius the secondary coach, they aren't developing the talent that is good like they used to. Their saving grace is their shrewdness in free agency and trades, but even that won't be enough to win them another championship.

I've said it before but I'll repeat it here: Brandon Meriweather won't live up to his first round pick (24th overall I think it was) either. I saw Belichick put him in position to make a number of plays last year, and just about every time, he came up short. Not good, to say the very least. Maybe Belichick can turn him into a decent corner though.

Prince 561
08-31-2008, 01:17 PM
The Patriots reportedly waive wide receiver Chad Jackson (http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2008/08/source_chad_jac.html), who they traded up to get in the second round in 2007.

I hope others are starting to see what I've been saying for a while (and was criticized for by many), the Patriots aren't close to as good a drafting team as they were when they built their dynasty. And/or that with Crennel no longer the defensive coordinator and Mangenius the secondary coach, they aren't developing the talent that is good like they used to. Their saving grace is their shrewdness in free agency and trades, but even that won't be enough to win them another championship.

I've said it before but I'll repeat it here: Brandon Meriweather won't live up to his first round pick (24th overall I think it was) either. I saw Belichick put him in position to make a number of plays last year, and just about every time, he came up short. Not good, to say the very least. Maybe Belichick can turn him into a decent corner though.

So because they drafted one guy that didn't pan out (Jackson) they aren't very good at drafting? What about Logan Mankins, Vince Wilfork, Laurence Maroney, etc.?

D-Unit
08-31-2008, 01:18 PM
The Patriots reportedly waive wide receiver Chad Jackson (http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2008/08/source_chad_jac.html), who they traded up to get in the second round in 2007.

Would you say the same about Mayo?

Geo
08-31-2008, 01:23 PM
No, even though they reached on him imo. Inside linebacker was such a need for them, that will make Mayo worth the pick as long as he stays healthy and plays like he can.

Of course they had a chance to draft David Harris the year before and didn't. And how their situation at offensive tackle will pan out remains to be seen, when they had a chance to draft a guy there.

diabsoule
08-31-2008, 02:01 PM
I'm in the middle of building my All-Cut Team.

Cribbs>Hester
08-31-2008, 02:02 PM
Hasn't Quinn Gray already been on three teams now? No offense Geo, but this would be a time I'm glad you aren't in charge of the Bears.

Hmm. I think He could be better than Rexy and Orton as well. The only reason Rexy and Orton haven't been on three teams yet is because Jerry Angelo is dumb enough to believe they can win with one of the two and that is ultimately going to be the downfall of the Chicago Bears. Jerry Angelo is going to let the defense get too old and slow waiting on one of these two bums to step up. If Chicago doesn't do well this season, and Angelo does not draft a 1st round QB, trade for a proven winner, or sign a proven winner then he should be fired on the spot no questions asked. The Bears fans could do a better job of running the team than him.

bearsfan_51
08-31-2008, 02:04 PM
Hmm. I think He could be better than Rexy and Orton as well. The only reason Rexy and Orton haven't been on three teams yet is because Jerry Angelo is dumb enough to believe they can win with one of the two and that is ultimately going to be the downfall of the Chicago Bears. Jerry Angelo is going to let the defense get too old and slow waiting on one of these two bums to step up. If Chicago doesn't do well this season, and Angelo does not draft a 1st round QB, trade for a proven winner, or sign a proven winner then he should be fired on the spot no questions asked. The Bears fans could do a better job of running the team than him.
Interesting. Because Jerry Angelo built a team that went to the Superbowl. Meanwhile, Phil Savage, who most Browns fans think is a genius, has yet to win a playoff game.

Hmm.....

Cribbs>Hester
08-31-2008, 02:15 PM
Phil Savage isn't even close to the best GM in football. He's working his way up the ladder, but in no way is he there yet. Oh and comparing the state of the Browns and Bears, of the NFC to the AFC is a crime. Angelo was in Chicago for 6 years when he made it to the Super Bowl. We'll see were Savage is in 6 years. There was also far more talent on the Bears inn 2001 when Angelo took over than what was a sorry excuse of and NFL roster for the Browns in 2004. Also Lovie Smith is light years better than the lump of lard known as Romeo Crennel....Crennel was hired before Savage was brought in. Crennel signed and extention via Randy Lerner. I'm almost positive the Bears let Angelo pick his head coach.

bearsfan_51
08-31-2008, 02:21 PM
Phil Savage isn't even close to the best GM in football. He's working his way up the ladder, but in no way is he there yet. Oh and comparing the state of the Browns and Bears, of the NFC to the AFC is a crime. Angelo was in Chicago for 6 years when he made it to the Super Bowl. We'll see were Savage is in 6 years. There was also far more talent on the Bears inn 2001 when Angelo took over than what was a sorry excuse of and NFL roster for the Browns in 2004. Also Lovie Smith is light years better than the lump of lard known as Romeo Crennel....Crennel was hired before Savage was brought in. Crennel signed and extention via Randy Lerner. I'm almost positive the Bears let Angelo pick his head coach.
Sort of, but not really. I'll go point by point.

- Correct, Savage isn't even close.

- AFC is better than the NFC, but the Browns couldn't make the Superbowl in the NFC either, at least not in the past few years.

- Angelo was in Chicago for 6 seasons, but he only held final say on the draft and coaching hires for the last 3.

- That's a VERY debateable point. We had Jim Miller at quarterback and James Allen at runningback. We were about 20-55 under Wandsteadt and just as bad under Jauron. The late 90's Bears made the Lions look like a Superbowl team. We were ******* awful outside of Urlacher, Mike Brown, and Kruetz.

- Angelo got stuck with Dick Jauron, who had final say over the draft. It wasn't until Jauron was fired and Jerry hired Lovie that he was able to build the team in his image. Since then we've gone 36-29 I believe. Not great, but not terrible.

- Angelo has shown a severe defficiancy in finding offensive talent. I think it's very questionable that Gray would beat out Orton and Grossman. however. Brian Griese couldn't do it and he's actually has a job as a #2. I wish it were so easy that we could find a franchise QB off the street. Unfortunately our line still couldn't block for him.

BeerBaron
08-31-2008, 03:11 PM
- Angelo has shown a severe defficiancy in finding offensive talent. I think it's very questionable that Gray would beat out Orton and Grossman. however. Brian Griese couldn't do it and he's actually has a job as a #2. I wish it were so easy that we could find a franchise QB off the street. Unfortunately our line still couldn't block for him.

I don't mind the idea of Tebow next year for that very reason.... If we can't block for the guy right away, it might help to have someone who can just run around a bit too.....

And no, that crazy ass "scramble like a chicken with its head cut off and only hold onto the ball with one hand" **** Grossman does doesn't count, lol

diabsoule
08-31-2008, 03:36 PM
All-Cut Team.... I got tired of working on this and some positions absolutely suck.

QB: Quinn Gray
QB: Chris Simms
QB: Jared Lorenzen

RB: Rudi Johnson
RB: Marcus Mason
RB: Ryan Moats

FB: Moran Norris, Jed Collins

WR: Roydell Williams
WR: Reche Caldwell
WR: Samie Parker
WR: Michael Spurlock
WR: Danny Amendola

RT: Todd Wade, Chris Liwienski
RG: Willie Anderson, Milford Brown
C: Dustin Fry, Ben Claxton
LG: Andy Alleman, Adrien Clarke
LT: Jonathan Scott

TE: Adam Bergen, Marcus Pollard, Justin Peele

DE: Jerome McDougle, Greg Spires, Roosevelt Colvin, Joe Tafoya, Jeff Charleston,

DT: Montavious Stanley, Larry Tripplett, Anthony Maddox, Junior Siavii, Dan Miur

LB: Victor Hobson, Vince Redd

LB: Ahmad Brooks, AJ Kuale

LB: Shantee Orr, Tim Shaw

CB: Deltha O'Neal, Hank Poteat

CB: Ricky Manning Jr, Kiwaukee Thomas. Ricardo Colclough

SS: Greg Blue, Calvin Lowry

FS: Daren Stone, DoWayne Davis

K: Jay Feeley

P: Derrick Frost

CashmoneyDrew
08-31-2008, 03:44 PM
All-Cut Team.... I got tired of working on this and some positions absolutely suck.

QB: Quinn Gray
QB: Chris Simms
QB: Jared Lorenzen

RB: Rudi Johnson
RB: Marcus Mason
RB: Ryan Moats

FB: Moran Norris, Jed Collins

WR: Roydell Williams
WR: Reche Caldwell
WR: Samie Parker
WR: Michael Spurlock
WR: Danny Amendola

RT: Todd Wade, Chris Liwienski
RG: Willie Anderson, Milford Brown
C: Dustin Fry, Ben Claxton
LG: Andy Alleman, Adrien Clarke
LT: Jonathan Scott

TE: Adam Bergen, Marcus Pollard, Justin Peele

DE: Jerome McDougle, Greg Spires, Roosevelt Colvin, Joe Tafoya, Jeff Charleston,

DT: Montavious Stanley, Larry Tripplett, Anthony Maddox, Junior Siavii, Dan Miur

LB: Victor Hobson, Vince Redd

LB: Ahmad Brooks, AJ Kuale

LB: Shantee Orr, Tim Shaw

CB: Deltha O'Neal, Hank Poteat

CB: Ricky Manning Jr, Kiwaukee Thomas. Ricardo Colclough

SS: Greg Blue, Calvin Lowry

FS: Daren Stone, DoWayne Davis

K: Jay Feeley

P: Derrick Frost

Ugghh, I don't get it.

Dam8610
08-31-2008, 03:49 PM
How does Devin Aromashodu not make the all-cut team at WR?

Flyboy
08-31-2008, 04:18 PM
Ugghh, I don't get it.

I don't see why Williams got cut either.

Matthew Jones
08-31-2008, 04:27 PM
According to NFL.com, the Pats released John Lynch and Chad Jackson. Pretty disappointing. Hopefully this leads to my dream coming true - the Patriots sign Culpepper and Willie Anderson.

However, good news - New England signed Mike Richardson, BenJarvus Green-Ellis, and VINCE REDD to the practice squad, with three others (Titus Adams, Antwan Spann and someone else who I forget.)

CashmoneyDrew
08-31-2008, 04:28 PM
According to NFL.com, the Pats released John Lynch and Chad Jackson. Pretty disappointing. Hopefully this leads to my dream coming true - the Patriots sign Culpepper and Willie Anderson.

However, good news - New England signed Mike Richardson, BenJarvus Green-Ellis, and VINCE REDD to the practice squad, with three others (Titus Adams, Antwan Spann and someone else who I forget.)

Why would you want Daunte Culpepper?

GB12
08-31-2008, 04:33 PM
Becuase it's his dream to sign a backup QB that nobody else wants.

Matthew Jones
08-31-2008, 04:33 PM

If Matt Cassel was your backup quarterback, you'd want him too! Gotta bring back Pep to Moss!

Also, notes on the Patriots:

- Gary Guyton is now #59, not #48.

- Jerod Mayo finally got Junior Seau's locker (it had been empty.) This might mean Seau won't come back.

- John Lynch was most likely cut because veterans get guaranteed contracts if they play in week one, so it's fairly likely he came in to learn the system and will come back for week two.

- Lynch and Jackson's roster spots are already taken - the Patriots claimed two players, Rams OT Mark LeVoir (team has a weak offensive line) and he's from Notre Dame, so he might have the Charlie Weis thing going on. The other was Jets TE Jason Pociask, who was probably signed for some advance scouting prior to the week two matchup.

D-Unit
08-31-2008, 04:34 PM
I want Dallas to get Ahmad Brooks. Just for the fact that he was in Toonsters sig.

Matthew Jones
08-31-2008, 04:36 PM
Becuase it's his dream to sign a backup QB that nobody else wants.

There are plenty of successful players in the league who no one else wanted.

Culpepper completed 58.1% of his passes last year for 1331 yards, 5 touchdowns, and 5 interceptions. This is playing for the Raiders, a team that was pretty much devoid of talent last year on offense (their best player was Justin Fargas), against first team defenses. Matt Cassel is a quarterback who played one good NFL game in his career, which was years ago, sucked last year against the Dolphins, and couldn't lead a scoring drive the entire preseason.

Joeyjr09
08-31-2008, 04:38 PM
Dolphins picked up Andy Alleman to be a backup G/C. Nice move by them, if OL guru Saprano can shape him into a solid backup with Murphy, the Dolphins will only be a backup OT or 2 away from having a very good up and coming OL. Amazing how fast things can change. In two years they went from Vernon Carey, Rex Hadnot and scrubs into a line that now includes Jake Long, Samson Satele, Justin Smiley, Vernon Carey, and two young promising OGs in Donald Thomas and Andy Alleman.

Geo
08-31-2008, 04:41 PM
Wasn't Jerome McDougle having his best preseason yet with the Eagles? I thought he might keep a spot on the roster, but they cut him and now (according to Rotoworld) he signed a 1-year/$1M deal with the division rival Giants.

We'll see if McDougle can keep playing like he has in the preseason, or if he'll go back to playing like Jerome McDougle.

I thought Alleman was a finesse guy, so I was surprised to see the Dolphins claim him.

diabsoule
08-31-2008, 04:43 PM
I liked Alleman a lot and thought that he was going to take Nesbit's spot while with the Saints. That all changed, though, when we drafted Carl Nicks.

Bruce
08-31-2008, 04:46 PM
Didn't see this coming. Well kind of. He's still better than Craft.

William Kershaw (LB) cut.
Andy Alleman (G) cut.
Tyler Palko (QB) cut.
Skyler Green (WR) cut.
Tim Duckworth (G) cut.
Greg Fassitt (CB) Placed on IR (knee).
Jason David (CB) cut.
Josh Savage (DE) cut.
Taylor Mehlhaff (K) cut.
Buck Ortega (TE) cut.
Orien Harris (DT) cut.

http://www.nfl.com/transactions?transactionMonth=8&transactionYear=2008&transactionTeamAbbr=&prevTransactionTeamAbbr=&prevTransactionMonth=0&prevTransactionYear=0

Geo
08-31-2008, 04:47 PM
It was definitely rumored, but I didn't know it actually happened until now. Oh, Scrappy.

diabsoule
08-31-2008, 04:54 PM
Jason David will probably be picked up by a Cover 2 team.

The Dynasty
08-31-2008, 05:24 PM
I want Dallas to get Ahmad Brooks. Just for the fact that he was in Toonsters sig.

The 49ers claimed linebacker Ahmad Brooks, who was released by the Bengals. Brooks was a supplemental draft pick of the Bengals in 2006.

That is from NFL.com under there cut blog.

Addict
08-31-2008, 05:34 PM
Jason David will probably be picked up by a Cover 2 team.

I wouldn't put it past the Lions to sign him actually.

Breaker
08-31-2008, 06:19 PM
Chad Jackson has been released by the Patriots.

Every teams in need of a WR, have a massive explosion in their pants in 5,4,3,2.....

*cue Eagles, Bengals fans*

yo123
08-31-2008, 06:23 PM
Chad Jackson has been released by the Patriots.

Every teams in need of a WR, have a massive explosion in their pants in 5,4,3,2.....

*cue Eagles, Bengals fans*

Well I do still think he can be a good WR in the league, but he hasn't proven ****, so I doubt anyone is exploding in their pants.

BlindSite
08-31-2008, 06:34 PM
Chad Jackson biggest round 2 bust in a long time.

Orien Harris is a shame I liked him coming out.

Breaker
08-31-2008, 06:37 PM
Well I do still think he can be a good WR in the league, but he hasn't proven ****, so I doubt anyone is exploding in their pants.

Thats like going to a Bar and you see a Kim Kardashian clone opposite of you. She might be a dead wet fish in bed, you don't know. But right now you see a hawt chick that might be a great ****, and you have multiple explosion in your pants thinking about how awesome it'll be to knock her up against your bedroom walls.

Same with Chad Jackson, people will cream themselves because of his potential. Maybe he will suck for them, but right now his potential is like a chick with double d breast, luscious bubble butt, long sexy hair and bronze, tanned-skin.

SchizophrenicBatman
08-31-2008, 06:40 PM
I remember being so adamant that Chad Jackson would do absolutely nothing in the NFL during that draft...then the Pats took him and I kind of shut up about it. Turns out I was right. If you cant succeed in a situation as good as that you're pretty much finished

LonghornsLegend
08-31-2008, 06:44 PM
Chad Jackson is 23 years old, somebody would have to be silly to not want to bring him in for a shot, its not like his contract would be higher just because he's a 2nd round pick, Gaffney was cut how many times before he found a home in New England? Pick him up and throw him on the PS for a year, if you don't see potential cut him loose like every other player the process is still the same.

Geo
08-31-2008, 06:47 PM
He definitely warrants a look, especially in a simpler offense/role with another team. More than one team will put a waiver claim in for him for sure, they only scouted him a little over two years ago now.

Flyboy
08-31-2008, 06:53 PM
The Saints should pick him up. Robert Meachem and Chad Jackson ftw!

Lawlz.

Go_Eagles77
08-31-2008, 07:14 PM
The eagles cut Rocky Boiman.

BeerBaron
08-31-2008, 07:16 PM
I guess something like 8 teams put in waiver claims on Alleman meaning the Dolphins got him. I wonder if the Bears put any effort in at all.... We could use some younger, depth providing lineman in the worst way

Geo
08-31-2008, 07:21 PM
Per PFT (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/08/31/dolphins-claim-alleman-garner-london/) on claims for Alleman:

Adam Schefter of NFL Network is reporting that Miami picked up center Andy Alleman, a 2007 third-round draft pick who was waived by the Saints yesterday. Alleman is a talented player, and Schefter reports that nearly a quarter of the league wanted him: In addition to Miami, he was claimed by Arizona, Denver, Indianapolis, Kansas City, New England and the New York Jets.

BeerBaron
08-31-2008, 07:22 PM
Surprised the Bears didn't give it a shot for the reasons said above...

We;re going to have such an awful offense to begin with.....god help me if someone should get hurt, lol.

diabsoule
08-31-2008, 07:25 PM
I think the Saints are going to regret cutting him.

Cribbs>Hester
08-31-2008, 07:27 PM

They're going to regret cutting Antoinio Pittman last season too.

Go_Eagles77
08-31-2008, 07:44 PM
The eagles also signed Trae Williams to their PS, surprised the jaguars cut him, was he really that bad or was it a numbers thing?

scottyboy
08-31-2008, 07:46 PM
Jerome McDougal FTW!

How bout those recievers in that draft? Holmes looks good, Jackson is a bust as of now, Sinorice Moss went to the U, that's about all he's got for him and then Jennings, who's pretty good. Weird draft for WR's there...

Go_Eagles77
08-31-2008, 07:54 PM
I'm gonna be so mad if McDougle does anything for you guys.

GB12
08-31-2008, 07:56 PM
Jerome McDougal FTW!

How bout those recievers in that draft? Holmes looks good, Jackson is a bust as of now, Sinorice Moss went to the U, that's about all he's got for him and then Jennings, who's pretty good. Weird draft for WR's there...
Santonio Holmes, Greg Jennings, Brandon Marshall, and Marques Colston all came out of that draft. Moss and Jackson busted hard, but 4 very good WRs makes it a good class.

scottyboy
08-31-2008, 07:58 PM
Santonio Holmes, Greg Jennings, Brandon Marshall, and Marques Colston all came out of that draft. Moss and Jackson busted hard, but 4 very good WRs makes it a good class.

yes, but a weird class indeed. Colston round 7 stud? that in itself makes it weird. Not a bad class by any means, just kinda weird.

BeerBaron
08-31-2008, 07:59 PM

And Devin Hester. Say he's not really a WR if you want but thats where he's listed and I think he's had just as much of an impact as any of those guys.....

scottyboy
08-31-2008, 08:00 PM
I'm gonna be so mad if McDougle does anything for you guys.

he knows the iggles playbook(somewhat, inside info whatever), played under Spags, will be a situational passer. seems good to me! :D

doesn't need to be a stud, low risk signing and he's got some potential. I like the signing, but if he doesn't do crap, we don't lose much. Love the depth with him, Wynn and Tollefson though..

scottyboy
08-31-2008, 08:01 PM
And Devin Hester. Say he's not really a WR if you want but thats where he's listed and I think he's had just as much of an impact as any of those guys.....

I don't classify him as a WR. or a DB. He's a RS, or a Hester. yes, he gets his own position.

I understand your point, huge impact etc, but I can't bring myself to call him a WR. not yet anyway

Go_Eagles77
08-31-2008, 08:04 PM
he knows the iggles playbook(somewhat, inside info whatever), played under Spags, will be a situational passer. seems good to me! :D

doesn't need to be a stud, low risk signing and he's got some potential. I like the signing, but if he doesn't do crap, we don't lose much. Love the depth with him, Wynn and Tollefson though..

The funny thing is the eagles have kept him every year and he has sucked due to injuries, getting shot etc, and he finally has a breakout preseason because he's completely healthy but it's too little too late so he gets cut. I just have a bad feeling he's gonna have 5-10 sacks while guys like Chris Clemons and Darren Howard do nothing.

scottyboy
08-31-2008, 08:08 PM
The funny thing is the eagles have kept him every year and he has sucked due to injuries, getting shot etc, and he finally has a breakout preseason because he's completely healthy but it's too little too late so he gets cut. I just have a bad feeling he's gonna have 5-10 sacks while guys like Chris Clemons and Darren Howard do nothing.

Read alot he's been sweet in preseason. That's awesome. If he gets 5 sacks for us, for an eagles cast off picked up after cuts, I'll take that anyday

Oh, and everyone call your GM's and tell them to sign Will James, last week he spent like $300 on my aunts dog(which he bought, for her, he's like partowner or whatevs)

oh and Eric Foster rules. Dwight Freeney likes him! SCORE!

ATLDirtyBirds
08-31-2008, 08:11 PM
I remember being so adamant that Chad Jackson would do absolutely nothing in the NFL during that draft...then the Pats took him and I kind of shut up about it. Turns out I was right. If you cant succeed in a situation as good as that you're pretty much finished

No, I'm sure he will be given a shot. Great tools, and I'm pretty sure he never saw the field because he couldn't handle the playbook.

scottyboy
08-31-2008, 08:12 PM
No, I'm sure he will be given a shot. Great tools, and I'm pretty sure he never saw the field because he couldn't handle the playbook.

and Bill Belicheat is a stubborn bastid who hates young people. Hence their LB corp that is only out aged by the Giants special teams.

srsly, that team could very well be screwed in the next 2 years.

and I'd like to see if Merriweather realized his helmet isn't a sword...

Go_Eagles77
08-31-2008, 08:13 PM
The eagles also signed Trae Williams to their PS, surprised the jaguars cut him, was he really that bad or was it a numbers thing?

Bump, any jags fans want to comment on this?

scottyboy
08-31-2008, 08:21 PM

he went to USF, he blows

Go_Eagles77
08-31-2008, 08:23 PM
he went to USF, he blows

So did Mike Jenkins. I liked Williams coming out and thought he was a steal in round 5, just wondering if he really does blow or it was a surprise.

BlindSite
08-31-2008, 08:28 PM

Something tells me you have a serious problem when your team goes out and signs 3 receivers to go above you on the depth chart and you still can't beat out the 4th guy above you.

Bruce
08-31-2008, 10:00 PM
NFL.com ****** up. Looks like David is still on the roster.

Geo
08-31-2008, 10:46 PM
It did seem strange, no one else was reporting that news.

Even the league website hates David's guts, that's cold.

It's not his fault the Saints paid him and play him in the wrong defense for him.

Breaker
08-31-2008, 10:52 PM
Houston cut Cliff Washburn to make room for Stanley McClover on their active roster. McClover was cut by the Carolina Panthers yesterday.

Iamcanadian
08-31-2008, 11:57 PM
In the cases of Rosenfels and Sorgi, you're talking about experienced back-ups.

If it was up to me though, I would definitely replace Sorgi with Gray.

Does Gray need further development? Absolutely he does, I don't disagree with that. But with that development, with experience and a full-fledged opportunity, I think he can become a good to very good starter in the league. Similar to David Garrard, as I mentioned earlier.

I couldn't disagree more. He obviously has a lot of tools but so far he has failed to impress HC's with his leadership and intellegence otherwise there is no way he gets cut so often. Young QB's with any kind of potential usually get traded especially if they have solid physical skills. I expect you are too much in awe with his physical skills and aren't taking into account the other intangibles it takes to be a starting QB in the NFL. Some pretty solid HC's have passed on this guy, and that speaks volumns to me. I doubt he even gets picked up unless it is for some team's practice squad.

GB12
09-01-2008, 12:00 AM
I couldn't disagree more. He obviously has a lot of tools but so far he has failed to impress HC's with his leadership and intellegence otherwise there is no way he gets cut so often. Young QB's with any kind of potential usually get traded especially if they have solid physical skills. I expect you are too much in awe with his physical skills and aren't taking into account the other intangibles it takes to be a starting QB in the NFL. Some pretty solid HC's have passed on this guy, and that speaks volumns to me. I doubt he even gets picked up unless it is for some team's practice squad.
He's not PS eligible.

Joeyjr09
09-01-2008, 01:14 AM
Rob Ninkovich, Trey Darilek and Anthony Armstrong were cut by the Dolphins to make room for Waiver Wire claims OG Andy Alleman of the Saints, OT Nate Garner of the Jets, and WR Brandon London of the Giants.

I read all the Alleman stuff. Definately a good pickup for Miami. Any Giants or Jets fans care to comment on London and Garner?

Ninkovich will definately get claimed, likely by a team with a need at 3-4 OLB since he looked like he was really coming on there in preseason. Chargers? 49ers? Jets?

Darilek will bounce around a few more TCs for another year or two and then be out of the league.

Armstrong should be signed to Miami's PS shortly.

BlindSite
09-01-2008, 01:32 AM
Houston cut Cliff Washburn to make room for Stanley McClover on their active roster. McClover was cut by the Carolina Panthers yesterday.

I was really sad to see him go. I had a lot of hope for him, he came into the NFL too early but last year and then earlier this year he had a huge opportunity but couldn't beat out Charles Johnson or for that matter Tyler Brayton. Its a shame really.

scottyboy
09-01-2008, 06:46 AM
Andre Woodson was kept on the Giants practice squad! yay

comahan
09-01-2008, 08:43 AM
to follow up on McColver, heres the link, as well as Houston signing most of the people they cut to their Practice Squad.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5976473.html

In their first round of moves Sunday, the Texans signed defensive end Stanley McClover of Auburn. They were also able to add running back Darius Walker to their practice squad.

McClover, a seventh-round pick in 2006, was released by the Carolina Panthers in the final round of cuts after having an unimpressive preseason. He played in 11 games last season and finished with eight tackles. He appeared in just two games as a rookie.

In the preseason, the 6-foot-2, 263 pound end had five tackles in three appearances. To make room for him on the roster, the Texans released offensive tackle Cliff Washburn.

The Texans fielded their entire practice squad with players they had released Friday. Walker was signed to the practice squad, along with linebacker Kevis Coley, wide receiver Darnell Jenkins, defensive tackle Gabe Long, defensive end Jesse Nading, cornerback Derrick Roberson and wide receiver Mark Simmons.

TheBuffaloBills
09-01-2008, 09:50 AM
Jon Lynch is trying to sign with the Patriots for week one? But now the Jets want him?
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/09/01/jets-to-intercept-lynch-return-to-pats/

scottyboy
09-01-2008, 10:12 AM
joey: Lots of Giants fans love London and wanted to keep him. I like him, but wasn't too big a fan. He was gonna sign with our PS until you guys offered him a roster spot. Could make a very good 4th WR and could develop into a possible 3. He's got some talent.

I'm just thrilled the Giants kept Woodson and Monk on our PS

NY+Giants=NYG
09-01-2008, 11:03 AM
joey: Lots of Giants fans love London and wanted to keep him. I like him, but wasn't too big a fan. He was gonna sign with our PS until you guys offered him a roster spot. Could make a very good 4th WR and could develop into a possible 3. He's got some talent.

I'm just thrilled the Giants kept Woodson and Monk on our PS

Those fans get a boner over one player every year. They probably wanted to cut London for Moss, and they are the ones they hyped up Jonas Seawright as well. Next year it will be someone else.. Never ends with the man crush of the year, training camp edition, every year.

scottyboy
09-01-2008, 11:14 AM
Those fans get a boner over one player every year. They probably wanted to cut London for Moss, and they are the ones they hyped up Jonas Seawright as well. Next year it will be someone else.. Never ends with the man crush of the year, training camp edition, every year.

haha true.

I do LOVE Monk. I think he can be something special. Liked him all through the draft.

Geo
09-01-2008, 11:21 AM
The Patriots signed veteran cornerback Deltha O'Neal. (http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/story/?id=248208&lid=sublink01&lpos=headlines_main)

CC.SD
09-01-2008, 11:22 AM
Jon Lynch is trying to sign with the Patriots for week one? But now the Jets want him?
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/09/01/jets-to-intercept-lynch-return-to-pats/

Mangini really is committed to doing Belichick dirty.

Matthew Jones
09-01-2008, 11:24 AM
Per NFL.com, the Patriots have signed CB Deltha O'Neal:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80a6c20a&template=with-video&confirm=true

Well, I guess adding a two-time Pro Bowler to a weak pass defense couldn't hurt. Sadly enough, he's probably actually going to be able to jump right in and be either a number two or three guy for the Patriots. I mean, I personally am pretty happy they're adding some proven guys to the secondary, but the report someone gave on him earlier in this topic was pretty bad, so we'll have to wait and see. Still a risk worth taking if you have the Patriots' corners.

Geo
09-01-2008, 11:25 AM
The article did mention that the Jets tried to sign Lynch when he first became available two weeks or so ago. Not outside the realm of reason to still have an interest.

themaninblack
09-01-2008, 11:56 AM
Per NFL.com, the Patriots have signed CB Deltha O'Neal:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80a6c20a&template=with-video&confirm=true

Well, I guess adding a two-time Pro Bowler to a weak pass defense couldn't hurt. Sadly enough, he's probably actually going to be able to jump right in and be either a number two or three guy for the Patriots. I mean, I personally am pretty happy they're adding some proven guys to the secondary, but the report someone gave on him earlier in this topic was pretty bad, so we'll have to wait and see. Still a risk worth taking if you have the Patriots' corners.

I wouldn't get your hopes up real high with O'Neal. He is a shadow of his former self and lost his job to an UDFA who got cut by the Saints. Now that I said that though he will probably have a Pro Bowl year in NE.

bearsfan_51
09-01-2008, 12:17 PM
haha true.

I do LOVE Monk. I think he can be something special. Liked him all through the draft.
He was cut by the Bears, we didn't even want him on our PS, we are starting Brandon Lloyd.

Just keep that in mind.

Damix
09-01-2008, 12:28 PM
He was cut by the Bears, we didn't even want him on our PS, we are starting Brandon Lloyd.

Just keep that in mind.

Not to be annoying, but where did it say you didn't want him on the PS? He was claimed on waivers from you guys before you had a chance to sign him to the PS.

BeerBaron
09-01-2008, 01:00 PM
Not to be annoying, but where did it say you didn't want him on the PS? He was claimed on waivers from you guys before you had a chance to sign him to the PS.

he was cut within the first wave. like....not just recently. If we wanted him on the PS, we probably would have kept him around until the most recent wave of cuts.

bearsfan_51
09-01-2008, 01:21 PM
As BB said, we cut Monk to get down to 75, so not only did we not think he was one of our top 53 players, we didn't think he was top 75. We added Brandon Rideau to the practice squad instead.

Maybe Monk turns it around, but by all accounts he was too slow to play wide receiver and was dropping everything. I was excited when we drafted him too, but I don't think he has a future in the NFL.

Also, you didn't add him on waivers if he's on your practice squad.

yourfavestoner
09-01-2008, 01:30 PM

He certainly wasn't terrible, it was a numbers thing more than anything. If Brian Witherspoon hadn't of emerged as a big time kick/punt returner, then Williams would have made the roster.

Damix
09-01-2008, 01:32 PM
As BB said, we cut Monk to get down to 75, so not only did we not think he was one of our top 53 players, we didn't think he was top 75. We added Brandon Rideau to the practice squad instead.

Maybe Monk turns it around, but by all accounts he was too slow to play wide receiver and was dropping everything. I was excited when we drafted him too, but I don't think he has a future in the NFL.

Also, you didn't add him on waivers if he's on your practice squad.

Yea we did. Then cut him and added him to the PS.

His biggest issue is beating the jam that I saw. Probably won't fix it but as always worth a shot on the PS.

jackalope
09-01-2008, 03:13 PM
Green Bay released punter Jon Ryan and linebacker Abdul Hodge to make room for Derrick Frost (P) and Brett Goode (LS).

Cutting a linebacker to make sign a longsnapper isn't a surpise seeing as our longsnapper went on IR and we were carrying 7 LBs. The choice of Hodge is a bit surprising though.

Cutting Jon Ryan makes absolutely no sence to me. He had been punting very well the last few games and was always good for us, not to mention he runs with the ball better than any punter I've seen.

Go_Eagles77
09-01-2008, 03:15 PM
Hodge looked promising as a rookie, surprised he hasn't done much since then.

Dam8610
09-01-2008, 04:47 PM
Cutting Jon Ryan makes absolutely no sence to me. He had been punting very well the last few games and was always good for us, not to mention he runs with the ball better than any punter I've seen.

Have you ever seen Brian Moorman?

TheBuffaloBills
09-01-2008, 05:06 PM
Have you ever seen Brian Moorman?

I highly doubt he has LOL.

Hines
09-01-2008, 05:29 PM
Raiders looking at Chad Jackson. I could see them picking him up. He could be a solid player in Oakland since he will be probably the go to reciever.

Malaka
09-01-2008, 05:31 PM
Raiders looking at Chad Jackson. I could see them picking him up. He could be a solid player in Oakland since he will be probably the go to reciever.

That would be a great pickup for the Raiders. Chad is still young and developing, and will actually get a shot at some playing time in Oakland's receiving corp. I mean when Ronald Curry is your best receiver....

Young Legend
09-01-2008, 05:40 PM
I hopeing they sign him the tryout is tomorrow.

XxXdragonXxX
09-01-2008, 07:18 PM
A little late, but here's the Seahawks roster moves.

Placed on Injured Reserve
WR Ben Obomanu
DT Chris Cooper

Terminated Veteran Contacts:
WR Bryan Gilmore
DT Larry Tripplett

Waived:
DB Jamar Adams
QB Dalton Bell
DT Kevin Brown
WR Michael Bumpus
C Ben Claxton
DB Marquis Floyd
P Reggie Hodges
DB Kelin Johnson
C Nick Jones
FB David Kirtman
G Pat Murray
TE Joe Newton
LB Dallas Sartz
WR Trent Shelton
DE Nu'u Tafisi
T Kyle Williams

Also, DT Rocky Bernard and DB Jordan Babineaux were suspended for week 1, when they are re-instated, 2 more cuts will be made to make room for them. (Kickers Brandon Coutu and Olindo Mare, DE's Baraka Atkins and Jason Babin have 1 more week to battle for a roster spot it looks like. Justin Forsett might also be on the bubble.)

There will only be 4 WR's on the active roster in week 1, Nate Burlson, Courtney Taylor, Jordan Kent and Logan Payne....and actually I'm pretty excited about these guys, although I'm not sure why Payne made it over Michael Bumpus.

Practice Squad

S Jamar Adams
WR Michael Bumpus
CB Marquis Floyd
DT Kevin Brown
TE Joe Newton
OG Pat Murray
OT Kyle Williams

bearsfan_51
09-01-2008, 07:24 PM
Yeah the Raiders should definately sign a player that Bill Belicheck couldn't set straight. That makes a ton of sense.

P-L
09-01-2008, 07:31 PM
Why do teams continue to take Florida wide receivers?

GB12
09-01-2008, 07:45 PM
Green Bay released punter Jon Ryan and linebacker Abdul Hodge to make room for Derrick Frost (P) and Brett Goode (LS).

Cutting a linebacker to make sign a longsnapper isn't a surpise seeing as our longsnapper went on IR and we were carrying 7 LBs. The choice of Hodge is a bit surprising though.

Wow, I did not expect that. Ryan has been pretty good since we got him and we didn't seem like we wanted to replace him. Last year Ryan ranked 11th in average, Frost ranked 32nd. I don't see it.

As for Hodge I would have liked to hold on to him, but we don't have any room. Bishop played surprisingly well in the preseason, maybe even better than Hodge, and he's a much better special team player. Sucks to lose him, but that one makes sense. He should get a chance to play somewhere else.
Hodge looked promising as a rookie, surprised he hasn't done much since then.
He was on IR all of last year...

Bad week for the Hodge brothers in Wisconsin. Elijah Hodge was beat out by Jaevery McFadden, and Abdul gets cut.

Hines
09-01-2008, 07:47 PM
Tatum Bell was released following the Rudi Johnson signing.

Joeyjr09
09-01-2008, 11:35 PM
Why do teams continue to take Florida wide receivers?

Wait til next season when Murphy and Harvin both go early. If Harvin busts too (which could easily be the case considering the wierd way Florida uses him and his small size) then that has to be the nail in the coffin. Avoid UF at all costs.

djp
09-02-2008, 12:08 AM
Abdul Hodge... I remember that name. He was touted as a top 10 pick by the homer Hawkeye fans on this board. That seems like forever ago.

Geo
09-02-2008, 12:48 AM
Wait til next season when Murphy and Harvin both go early. If Harvin busts too (which could easily be the case considering the wierd way Florida uses him and his small size) then that has to be the nail in the coffin. Avoid UF at all costs.
I'd avoid both already, particularly for the Colts.

Andre Caldwell might not be worthless in Cincy though, I won't write him off yet.

PalmerToCJ
09-02-2008, 12:52 AM
I highly doubt he has LOL.

Bills = greatest special teams in the history of the world.

Interesting that Rudi signs with Detriot, maybe Kitna was the key hand-offer to his success. If Rudi gets healthy, he's very solid depth.

Willie Anderson is visiting Baltimore tomorrow, I'd cry if he signs there. I'm hoping the Chargers take him instead, I'd like to see him have a chance for success in the playoffs.

New England signing Deltha O'Neal makes me laugh, they signed our other washed up CB Tory James last year and that didn't work out at all.

Flyboy
09-02-2008, 12:57 AM

Yeah, I'm not buying it. The guy had a holier than thou attitude ever since he was drafted and has continually been blown up in practice and in preseason games. What's there to miss?

DraftMichaelHuff
09-02-2008, 01:03 AM
The Falcons signed 2 guys i have never heard of to their active roster so im keen to hear anything about them.

Any jags fans got anything on MLB Tony Gilbert? I like his size and i hear he is a special teams demon, do you think he will be good as a backup to a DROY cantidate Curtis Lofton?

Also any Bills fans on NT Jerome Jefferson. At 295lbs He is backing up 370lb+ Grady Jackson now after we cut 360lb Rashard Moore so lets hope he plays heavier than he is. Funny thing about this guy is Mike Smith said they have "had their eye on him for some time" which is strange seeing as he has done nothing (according to stats) since comming into the league.

Falcons also cut OG Kynan Forney (wrong system), QB Joey Harrington (Ravens), MLB Tony Taylor, SS Daren Stone (character issues/lack of versility), and YE Marcus Pollard (a week after signing him)

scottyboy
09-02-2008, 08:39 AM
Will James signed with the Jags! YAYAY!

SuperMcGee
09-02-2008, 07:25 PM
Also any Bills fans on NT Jerome Jefferson. At 295lbs He is backing up 370lb+ Grady Jackson now after we cut 360lb Rashard Moore so lets hope he plays heavier than he is. Funny thing about this guy is Mike Smith said they have "had their eye on him for some time" which is strange seeing as he has done nothing (according to stats) since comming into the league.

He is what he is, a depth guy that moves around the line, borderline roster material. He's not great at anything, can usually be handled pretty easily by blockers. That said, he might just be an upgrade from Tim Anderson.

CC.SD
09-02-2008, 07:52 PM
I'd just like to add that my need for Willie Anderson has reached a fever pitch.

Young Legend
09-02-2008, 09:05 PM
Chad Jackson is headed to cincy for a visit

Go_Eagles77
09-02-2008, 09:09 PM
Ocho Cinco will convince him to change his name to Chad Uno Siete.

Menardo75
09-02-2008, 11:53 PM
The Raiders signed Alshey Lelie.....why?