PDA

View Full Version : Nate Davis, Ball State QB

hockey619
08-30-2008, 08:57 AM
He was great last year as a soph and with a solid veteran team around him they could crash the BCS if there soft schedule doesnt kill those hopes. What do you guys think about him?

I never hear his name mentioned on level with Stafford and Tebow as great Junior quarterbacks, but i think he's outplayed fellow pro-style offense qb Stafford by a significant amount and i think hes much less of a project than Tebow. Hes got a solid pro level arm, a quick release, good mobility, he just hasnt proven to be consistently accurate yet.

Thoughts? What have you all seen of him and what do you think?

princefielder28
08-30-2008, 10:39 AM
The MAC rules the QB world! LeFevour and Davis both don't get the respect they deserve, but it's only a matter of time before the spotlight is put on them.

etk
08-30-2008, 10:41 AM
Like you said, he has a solid arm, quick release and he's mobile, but he's also inaccurate and indecisive (burping the baby). For every positive on him I see a negative therefore he's a major project to me, but still a better prospect than Tebow. He also benefits from 2 of the best in the nation at their respective positions (Dante Love and Darius Hill), not vice versa.

Mind you this is what I observed in the 1 bowl game, he still has 2 years left to develop.

SMoore
08-31-2008, 06:10 PM
I love watching Davis play. I think I remember he was going to go to Ohio State but got hurt his senior year, so that shows he's always had the talent to hang with the big teams. I'm pretty sure that's what happened.
Anyways, he's got a big arm and is nifty in the pocket. Yea he has some things to work on but I believe he will end up being a solid high-round pick.

SMoore
09-05-2008, 08:21 PM
So he's been pretty good again tonight. A few really nice throws plus a couple bad decisions. He definitely is flashing the talent but he still has a lot of improving to do.

Bruce Banner
09-05-2008, 08:23 PM
Keep an eye out for a true freshman named Andre Dawson. DB/WR

P-L
09-05-2008, 08:26 PM
I've liked Davis since I saw him play against U-M two years ago as a Freshman. He's definitely not on the level of Stafford or Tebow in my opinion, but I think he definitely has NFL potential.

SuperKevin
09-05-2008, 09:02 PM
ESPN just said he's the 3rd best Junior QB behind Stafford and Tebow. He was just ahead of Josh Freeman and Mark Sanchez.

CaliPanthers420
09-05-2008, 10:32 PM
I saw that too, it was Mel Kiper's rankings.

CaliPanthers420
09-05-2008, 10:33 PM
Mark Sanchez will be moving up that list as the season progresses and battle Stafford as the #1 QB, IMO.

draftguru151
09-05-2008, 10:39 PM
Kiper was on the other day saying Sanchez was the #2 QB behind Stafford.

SMoore
09-05-2008, 10:43 PM
Yea, Kiper was pretty quick to elevate Sanchez I saw. I think he could rise that far eventually but maybe a bit premature right now.

CaliPanthers420
09-05-2008, 10:53 PM
Nate Davis style of play reminds me of Steve McNair.