PDA

View Full Version : Mark Sanchez

The Worldofx
09-01-2008, 12:29 AM
Kid's gonna be pretty good.

slightlyaraiderfan
09-01-2008, 12:35 AM
Are you the same worldofx from the Peristyle?

Unbiased
09-01-2008, 12:54 AM
Should definitely win a few CFL championships.

vidae
09-01-2008, 01:17 AM
Should definitely win a few CFL championships.

I laughed.

I think he'll be okay. The last good USC QB was Carson. Matt Leinart is still iffy. I don't know much about JDB to be honest. Wonder how he's going to do in Minnesota.

CashmoneyDrew
09-01-2008, 01:22 AM
Dirty Sanchez FTW!

Unbiased
09-01-2008, 01:26 AM
In all seriousness, if he keeps progressing, he should pretty easily be a first rounder whenever he enters the draft.

SenorGato
09-01-2008, 01:39 AM
You can tell he needs to mature a little bit, but I've been waiting for this guy to start for 2 years now.

He's easily the most talented QB since Palmer IMO...I'm not a Leinart fan and JDB was more "solid" than anything else.

I saw his post-game interview yesterday and you can kinda see that he's still real young. He had trouble looking the reporter in the eye, but he didn't exactly ramble either.

Things'll slow down for him and I think eventually he'll be considered the best pro QB prospect in college football. He's that talented.

Goatboy1717
09-01-2008, 02:04 AM
You can tell he needs to mature a little bit, but I've been waiting for this guy to start for 2 years now.

He's easily the most talented QB since Palmer IMO...I'm not a Leinart fan and JDB was more "solid" than anything else.

I saw his post-game interview yesterday and you can kinda see that he's still real young. He had trouble looking the reporter in the eye, but he didn't exactly ramble either.

Things'll slow down for him and I think eventually he'll be considered the best pro QB prospect in college football. He's that talented.

I completely agree with you. He has a ton of talent.

Paranoidmoonduck
09-01-2008, 02:15 AM
Everyone knew he has the talent to be a great prospect and now it looks like he's well on his way to putting everything together. I'd be shocked if he came out after one year of starting assuming he continues to play well, but he's definitely a guy to watch for 2010.

Staubach12
09-01-2008, 10:33 AM
He's definitely more of a playmaker than JDB, who was more of a game manager. If he keeps it up, he'll be a top QB in 2010.

Buttered toast sonic
09-01-2008, 01:38 PM
I really wonder that, with a weak crop of QB's, if Sanchez has a Heisman winning or heisman finalist year, if he would come out?

CJSchneider
09-01-2008, 02:08 PM
If his knee holds out, we may see an eventual 2nd rounder, but I'd say that would be his ceiling.

soybean
09-01-2008, 02:10 PM
If his knee holds out, we may see an eventual 2nd rounder, but I'd say that would be his ceiling.

nah I think he has the potential to be a 1st rounder. He has the prototypical size. He's got a good arm etc.

Paranoidmoonduck
09-01-2008, 04:35 PM
Any NFL team that saw that 49 yards touchdown to Ronald Johnson (I think it was Johnson) had to be impressed. It might have traveled close to 60 yards in the air and landed on the money. The last SC quarterback who could do that was Palmer.

Sanchez has injury concerns and maybe maturity concerns, but we know the kind of stats any decent quarterback leading that USC offense for two years can put up, and Sanchez appears a bit above decent. I think the first round would be a fairly easy thing to project for the kid.

MetSox17
09-01-2008, 07:10 PM

How would the second round be his ceiling? He's in the best football program around right now, has all the physical tools required, and he's about to show the world this year that he can put it all together. I'm sure he'll stay till his senior year, so he'll have plenty of time to come out a polished quarterback. I'm pretty confident he'll be a first rounder.

summond822
09-01-2008, 07:54 PM
I think that Sanchez is going to stick around until his senior year even if he has a phenomenal year this year. It just seems like something that they do down at SC. Course, if he wins a national championship and a heisman this year hard to see him not coming out.

Quick note, I watched that 49 yard TD pass and I thought it was a thing of beauty. The one question in my mind is how far can he throw it when he doesn't have time to crow hop and then chuck it. It's going to be fun to watch his progress.

Race for the Heisman
09-01-2008, 08:24 PM
I don't know. I don't think he'll reach quite the same level as a prospect (top 10 or so) but I think he'll be better in the NFL than Leinart has been, although not all the nails are in Leinart's coffin yet.

CJSchneider
09-01-2008, 09:04 PM
How would the second round be his ceiling? He's in the best football program around right now, has all the physical tools required, and he's about to show the world this year that he can put it all together. I'm sure he'll stay till his senior year, so he'll have plenty of time to come out a polished quarterback. I'm pretty confident he'll be a first rounder.

If he stays until he is a senior he may make it to the first round, but I really doubt it this year.

Babylon
09-01-2008, 09:04 PM
I really wonder that, with a weak crop of QB's, if Sanchez has a Heisman winning or heisman finalist year, if he would come out?

I dont see a heisman or even a trip to New York for the award but i think you are right about him considering coming out. Weak crop i guess and i think Matt Barkley needs to start right away at USC.

Bruce Banner
09-02-2008, 02:37 AM

I don't consider social anxiety a matter of maturity.

BRAVEHEART
09-02-2008, 02:48 AM
What I like about him the most is the fact that he's a leader, and the kind of QB who wants to take-over the game instead of just manage it. He's matured well from this last year to now. He'll have his down games this year and people will jump off of the band wagon at times, But Mark is what you want in a QB...Confidence, fire, determination.

eaglesalltheway
09-02-2008, 07:25 AM
I think that Sanchez is going to stick around until his senior year even if he has a phenomenal year this year. It just seems like something that they do down at SC. Course, if he wins a national championship and a heisman this year hard to see him not coming out.

Quick note, I watched that 49 yard TD pass and I thought it was a thing of beauty. The one question in my mind is how far can he throw it when he doesn't have time to crow hop and then chuck it. It's going to be fun to watch his progress.

To be honest, he had plenty of other throws that were more impressive. I give just as much credit to RoJo. He really just kept his emotions in check and threw it like he should, and RoJo ran under it. He had a ton of throws along the sideline and quick, hard throws in traffic that impressed me more.

Flyboy
09-02-2008, 12:01 PM
Any NFL team that saw that 49 yards touchdown to Ronald Johnson (I think it was Johnson) had to be impressed. It might have traveled close to 60 yards in the air and landed on the money. The last SC quarterback who could do that was Palmer.

Agreed. It was a beautiful throw.

eaglesalltheway
09-02-2008, 12:44 PM
I still say some of his other throws were better. Sanchez did what he had to do in that throw, but RoJo was wide open, and he has to get credit for that as well.

09-02-2008, 01:17 PM
Looking back at the game again he displayed some NFL-calibur throws that left me wondering how good he really is in comparison to other more recent top SC QBs. He's a notch above Leinart in my estimation yet still may not reach Palmer's talent level although it will be much closer than the general perception is right now. No reason he should not be given a first round grade next year as he continues to refine his overall skillset and stays out of trouble .

eaglesalltheway
09-02-2008, 01:24 PM
Looking back at the game again he displayed some NFL-calibur throws that left me wondering how good he really is in comparison to other more recent top SC QBs. He's a notch above Leinart in my estimation yet still may not reach Palmer's talent level although it will be much closer than the general perception is right now. No reason he should not be given a first round grade next year as he continues to refine his overall skillset and stays out of trouble .

I agree with all of that, it is all pretty much what I would say.

BBIB
09-02-2008, 01:36 PM
I laughed.

I think he'll be okay. The last good USC QB was Carson. Matt Leinart is still iffy. I don't know much about JDB to be honest. Wonder how he's going to do in Minnesota.

And each one after seems to be more overrated than the previous.

I didn't get a chance to see Sanchez's performance but with all the USC hype going on right now you'd think he had a perfect passer rating vs a top 5 defense.

We'll learn a whole lot about a lot of QBs in their next few games as they face tougher opponents. Looking forward to see him play against OSU.

Burns336
09-05-2008, 04:10 PM
And each one after seems to be more overrated than the previous.

I didn't get a chance to see Sanchez's performance but with all the USC hype going on right now you'd think he had a perfect passer rating vs a top 5 defense.

We'll learn a whole lot about a lot of QBs in their next few games as they face tougher opponents. Looking forward to see him play against OSU.

I dont think Carson was overrated at all, Matt was slightly overrated in relation to the NFL, but how do you discredit someone for having good weapons win they played plenty of flawless games?

JDB?? I'm a big time SC fan and I don't remember anyone ever saying JDB was going to be good. I always thought he was a *****. In fact, I had an in depth discussion with LSUalum99 before the season started and we were talking about how bad we though JDB would be. Sure enough, he losers to stanford like a fucktard.

I really like what I saw from Sanchez in this first game though. He eased into it with short throws and I was thinking in my head "Alright, lets see some deep action here, impress me..." and sure enough when he let 'em fly, he impressed. I think Carroll and Sarkisian just wanted to ease him into the big stage before asking him to do too much and it worked.

SenorGato
09-05-2008, 06:34 PM
I don't consider social anxiety a matter of maturity.

True. Either issue will go away as he gets more starts in.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
09-05-2008, 07:57 PM
He should go top-10.

hockey619
09-16-2008, 10:42 PM
If i had to pick a QB #1 overall this coming draft, I'd take Sanchez over Stafford and maybe even Nate Davis over Stafford, but thats kinda irrelevant so ill try to stay on topic.

Sanchez to me looks like he's in better shape and seems more confident and decisive. I see Stafford and I just feel like he wont step up in a big game, he lacks that natural leadership and charisma that players can rally around. I look at Stafford and I just dont get a good gut feeling that when the crap hits the fan, he'll pull it all together and get it done.

Sanchez is a beast though. He seems to have a very natural ability to lead and his in shape, showing his work ethic and commitment. He also comes from USC, where the competition and coaching force him to improve and get better. That USC stamp of approval to me makes up for his lesser game competition in comparison to Stafford.

I personally never liked Leinart and i dont even think JDB's mom thought he'd be any good, heck i thought Sanchez shoulda started over him last year and maybe the year before too. But i think Sanchez could be a great pro, hes got all the tools and even if he came out this year (not likely, but nobody knows for sure), he'd still be a good pick at the top of the first.

Maybe he should come out though. I know that that would mean he'd only played about 15 games or so since high school, but he'd be well prepared coming from USC and there ultra competetive program, and aside from experience and dance class, why else would he go back? Hed only play a couple competetive games, the rest would be a walkthrough. If he left, he could spend a year on the bench and learn the playbook and adjust to the speed of the NFL. So instead of coming out as a senior with more experience, it would be the equivalent of coming out after his senior year already prepared to step right in and play. Not saying i agree with it, just another perspective...

Jericho@SC
09-21-2008, 12:19 AM
I think some people underestimate Sanchez because John David Booty started over him these last two years. Mark simply didn't have mastery of the playbook yet. But as a pro prospect, Sanchez is as good as it gets.

In Sanchez, I see a legit #1 overall pick. There's a reason he was the top rated pro style QB coming out of high school. There are so many things to like about him, so I'm gonna lay it all out.

POSITIVES:
-Extremely well coached. Tutored in HS by QB guru Bob Johnson who's runs the Elite 11 camps and is responsible for developing SoCal prospects such as Carson Palmer and Rob Johnson of the Bills.

that leads into the following...

-Mechanics. In terms of throwing motion, it doesn't get any better than Sanchez. Watch videos on him on youtube. You won't find a QB with a smoother, quicker, more textbook delivery.

-Footwork. He has quick feet, knows how to drop back fluidly and with urgency. Pretty mobile for a QB, but not a speedster.

-Accuracy. Because his mechanics are so refined, he's very accurate. He'll likely average a 65% completion rate in college. Throwing on the run is what he's particularly good at compared to most QBs.

-Arm Strength. His arm isn't as strong as say, Matt Stafford. But he definitely has an above average arm. Watch those sideline passes he made against Virginia and you'll see the zip he can put on his throws.

He really does remind me of Carson Palmer, not just because he's an SC QB. It's more about his polish mechanics wise combined with his arm-strength.

Race for the Heisman
09-21-2008, 12:56 AM
I think some people underestimate Sanchez because John David Booty started over him these last two years. Mark simply didn't have mastery of the playbook yet. But as a pro prospect, Sanchez is as good as it gets.

In Sanchez, I see a legit #1 overall pick. There's a reason he was the top rated pro style QB coming out of high school. There are so many things to like about him, so I'm gonna lay it all out.

POSITIVES:
-Extremely well coached. Tutored in HS by QB guru Bob Johnson who's runs the Elite 11 camps and is responsible for developing SoCal prospects such as Carson Palmer and Rob Johnson of the Bills.

that leads into the following...

-Mechanics. In terms of throwing motion, it doesn't get any better than Sanchez. Watch videos on him on youtube. You won't find a QB with a smoother, quicker, more textbook delivery.

-Footwork. He has quick feet, knows how to drop back fluidly and with urgency. Pretty mobile for a QB, but not a speedster.

-Accuracy. Because his mechanics are so refined, he's very accurate. He'll likely average a 65% completion rate in college. Throwing on the run is what he's particularly good at compared to most QBs.

-Arm Strength. His arm isn't as strong as say, Matt Stafford. But he definitely has an above average arm. Watch those sideline passes he made against Virginia and you'll see the zip he can put on his throws.

He really does remind me of Carson Palmer, not just because he's an SC QB. It's more about his polish mechanics wise combined with his arm-strength.

His arm reminds me of Matt Ryan. It is enough to make the opposite sideline pass or the deep ball but it's not particularly special. I do agree with him being ranked over Stafford right now as the number one quarterback right now, although next year (if he stays) could change things.

hockey619
09-21-2008, 03:33 PM
A reasonable comparison can be draw between Sanchez and John Elway. Both big time Cali QB's with immense skill sets with the exception of the fact that Elway had an other-worldy fast release while Sanchez has an above average release speed thats still very smooth and consistent.

Babylon
09-21-2008, 03:56 PM
A reasonable comparison can be draw between Sanchez and John Elway. Both big time Cali QB's with immense skill sets with the exception of the fact that Elway had an other-worldy fast release while Sanchez has an above average release speed thats still very smooth and consistent.

Sanchez doesnt have the arm or the mobility of Elway. Stafford has Elway's arm if you want to make a comparison.

socentre44
09-21-2008, 11:11 PM

Some team will draft him hoping to get the next Tony Romo.

Smokey Joe
09-21-2008, 11:27 PM
what are the odds of Sanchez, and Bradford for that matter, coming out this year?

ElectricEye
09-22-2008, 01:10 AM
So does he have a John Elway or Matt Ryan arm? It's not like those are two complete opposites.

He has more than enough arm strength to make every throw. It's kinda weird to hear people even questioning the arm. He's not Matthew Stafford, but few besides Jamarcus Russell and Jay Cutler are. It's probably way too early to say this, but personally, I think he's going to be more pro-ready than Stafford by the end of the year and carry that advantage into being a better prospect by years end. That might blowup in my face as early as Thursday, but oh well. Looks like it on Monday.

Babylon
10-05-2008, 12:42 PM
Mark really showed a lot against Oregon last night. The team was down and he kept on them to perform. As for his game he has the ability to make the 1st rusher miss, i dont think he's that fleet afoot but you need quick feet in the pocket and he has that. He made a beautiful deep pass down the middle of the field that hit the receiver in stride and wasnt in the air very long. Oregon has a good defense and i think in evaluating QBs level of competition is key. Would have to give him a solid A for that perormance.

PoopSandwich
10-05-2008, 01:41 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2142/2093059499_d8f98aa384.jpg

Hes a great guitarist.

soybean
10-05-2008, 04:31 PM
what are the odds of Sanchez, and Bradford for that matter, coming out this year?

i highly doubt sanchez comes out. pete carroll has a way of keeping his qb's til their senior year, plus it would be a mistake coming out after one one season of fully starting.

I really like Mark, he throws the ball with nice velocity and has a nice deep ball. However, he does have that gunslinger mentality.

but I think out of all the qb's during pete's tenure though,
Palmer
Leinart
Cassell
Booty
Sanchez
Mustain
Corp
Barkley

Barkley will be the one remembered through the ages. He's still in high school but if you watch him play he has EVERYTHING you look for in a pro qb, which is weird considering he's still a high school senior.

He's patient, has a nice arm, and throws with a spiral reminiscent of palmer.

Babylon
10-05-2008, 04:52 PM
i highly doubt sanchez comes out. pete carroll has a way of keeping his qb's til their senior year, plus it would be a mistake coming out after one one season of fully starting.

I really like Mark, he throws the ball with nice velocity and has a nice deep ball. However, he does have that gunslinger mentality.

Palmer
Leinart
Cassell
Booty
Sanchez
Mustain
Corp
Barkley

Barkley will be the one remembered through the ages. He's still in high school but if you watch him play he has EVERYTHING you look for in a pro qb, which is weird considering he's still a high school senior.

Does Barkely coming in sort of help make up Sanchez's mind even further?, guys that talented dont sit for long.

Smokey Joe
10-05-2008, 08:01 PM
Does Barkely coming in sort of help make up Sanchez's mind even further?, guys that talented dont sit for long.
well, perfect situation for USC would be have Sanchez return for his senior year and red shirt Barkley while he learns the system and such. Barkley probably wouldn't start until Corp graduates or declares early.

Smokey Joe
10-05-2008, 08:17 PM

Palmer
Leinart
Cassell
Booty
Sanchez
Mustain
Corp
Barkley

What is USC going to do with all of these QB's? Have them sit for 2-3 years before taking over for the guy ahead of them? And what about Mustain? What was stupider, Nutt benching Mustain for Dick, or Mustain transferring to USC even though they already had Sanchez? Okay, lets say Sanchez stays...

2009/10 - Sanchez (rSr.)
2010/11 - Corp (rJr.)
2011/12 - Corp (rSr.)
2012/13 - Barkley (rJr.)
2013/14 - Barkley (rSr.)

It's just crazy how much talent they have. I think we could declare USC as QB U.

draftguru151
10-05-2008, 09:03 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2142/2093059499_d8f98aa384.jpg

Hes a great guitarist.

This is about Mark not Claudio. :p

10-05-2008, 09:06 PM
What is USC going to do with all of these QB's? Have them sit for 2-3 years before taking over for the guy ahead of them? And what about Mustain? What was stupider, Nutt benching Mustain for Dick, or Mustain transferring to USC even though they already had Sanchez? Okay, lets say Sanchez stays...

2009/10 - Sanchez (rSr.)
2010/11 - Corp (rJr.)
2011/12 - Corp (rSr.)
2012/13 - Barkley (rJr.)
2013/14 - Barkley (rSr.)

It's just crazy how much talent they have. I think we could declare USC as QB U.

I wouldn't assume Corp as the starter once Sanchez leaves. If Barkley is as talented as some out there say he is then there's no reason to believe he won't start as a sophomore.

soybean
10-05-2008, 09:40 PM
i can almost guarantee that sanchez comes back.

there's really no benefit of coming out early.

you may object with what happened with matt leinart but everyone would have known leading up to the combine and ultimately the draft that he had a weak arm.

If you have all the tools as Sanchez does then why not stay another year to refine your game.

it's not like usc is going to go 6-6 or even 8-4 (knock on wood).

jnew76
10-05-2008, 09:58 PM
I wouldn't assume Corp as the starter once Sanchez leaves. If Barkley is as talented as some out there say he is then there's no reason to believe he won't start as a sophomore.

So Mustain never sees the field after transferring? Ironic that Jaison Williams ends up being the star of that duo.

Sniper
10-05-2008, 10:00 PM
So Mustain never sees the field after transferring? Ironic that Jaison Williams ends up being the star of that duo.

Damian Williams.

jnew76
10-05-2008, 10:04 PM
Damian Williams.

Yeah, him too

I do that all the time with names. Me & names = FAIL

soybean
10-05-2008, 10:10 PM

eh... i think he'll start one year after sanchez.

i know pete talks about open competition for all positions, but i really do think he favors seniority.

STARHEATHER
10-05-2008, 10:19 PM
i guess hes back in the mix now after that flop vs oregon st. like that game never happened. like he didnt throw a terrible pick when he had a chance to save their season. this guys a brian brohm clone first rd pick, until the tape goes on. then you see the real mark sanchez, hes not coming out and hes never going to be a top nfl qb. you just dont see any of the traits

adschofield
10-05-2008, 10:22 PM
i guess hes back in the mix now after that flop vs oregon st. like that game never happened. like he didnt throw a terrible pick when he had a chance to save their season. this guys a brian brohm clone first rd pick, until the tape goes on. then you see the real mark sanchez, hes not coming out and hes never going to be a top nfl qb. you just dont see any of the traits

Even a blind rat finds cheese some of the time...I actually agree, Sanchez has the accuracy, footwork, and intelligence to be a starter in the league, but he's never going to be a Tom Brady or Carson Palmer type QB.

STARHEATHER
10-05-2008, 10:57 PM
thats what happens. blind squirrels find nuts at the nfl level. thats how it works i guess

Babylon
10-05-2008, 11:36 PM

My guess is he will come out, he's 22 in November and a redshirt junior, where he will most likely go in the draft (top 15) sort of dictates what he will do.

soybean
10-06-2008, 12:26 AM

watch the clip.

the protection completely broke down the OL were on their knocked on their backs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sixstT67gAk&feature=related

yes he shouldn't have thrown it but he took a chance rather than accept the sack.

Smokey Joe
10-06-2008, 09:31 PM
I think if he takes the sack there, the game's pretty much over.

Is Mustain going to follow in the foot steps of Matt Cassell by being a former USC QB burried on the depth chart (with the talent to start for many college teams), be a college backup for most of his career (all of it in Cassell's case) and still get drafted and perhaps become a starter at some point?

Sniper
10-06-2008, 09:33 PM
watch the clip.

the protection completely broke down the OL were on their knocked on their backs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sixstT67gAk&feature=related

yes he shouldn't have thrown it but he took a chance rather than accept the sack.

That's the type of **** that drives me nuts in NCAA videogames. Some scrub 74 ranked DT will own the living **** out of my 99 rated guards sometimes.

Rosie Puked 87
10-06-2008, 09:36 PM
sanchez is a COPLETE JOKE and he does not translate well to the pros due to his mechanical issues and his mental instability. if chris beanie wells was healthy i am 100% the buckeyes would have beat those hippies in southern cal by at least 10 points. his mental instability shows by the fact that he couldnt beat oregon state and almost lost to oregon.

to be honest i think boeckman and probably pat white will translate to the nfl the best, both have amazing mechanics and great skill sets.

Sniper
10-06-2008, 09:38 PM
sanchez is a COPLETE JOKE and he does not translate well to the pros due to his mechanical issues and his mental instability. if chris beanie wells was healthy i am 100% the buckeyes would have beat those hippies in southern cal by at least 10 points. his mental instability shows by the fact that he couldnt beat oregon state and almost lost to oregon.

to be honest i think boeckman and probably pat white will translate to the nfl the best, both have amazing mechanics and great skill sets.

A Todd Boeckman fan calling out an opposing player due to mental instability? This is golden.

And Chris Wells is now worth 42 points? You know, to make up for the 32 points OSU lost by, plus the ten they would win by. That's amazing

BuckNaked
10-06-2008, 09:38 PM

Hahahahahahaha Boeckman and Pat White

P-L
10-06-2008, 09:39 PM

Lol, almost lost to Oregon.

Sniper
10-06-2008, 09:40 PM
This thread is about to pick up in hilarity...I'm talking the first ever Jordyz thread hilarious.

Rosie Puked 87
10-06-2008, 09:40 PM
A Todd Boeckman fan calling out an opposing player due to mental instability? This is golden.

And Chris Wells is now worth 42 points? You know, to make up for the 32 points OSU lost by, plus the ten they would win by. That's amazing

the whole reason the buckeyes lost was because boeckmon had to force passes in due tot he fact that beanie wells was not on the field and could not punish the hippies. boeckmons ability to disect defenses and check down cannot be matched by any other qb in the league.

my whole point is that the teams morale would have been boosted with beanie back in and the fact that beanie was there would help everyone on taht side line and there would have been less turnovers due to the running game being there.

in all honesty the game was over before it started because of the injury to the best player in the nation.

HUGH!
10-06-2008, 09:41 PM
I would put Boeckman above Mark Sanchez. Boeckman in my opinion is one of the top 3 qb's coming out this year behind Stafford and Tebow because the SEC produces the best QB's.

Smokey Joe
10-06-2008, 09:42 PM
what mechanical flaws does Sanchez have? From what I've seen, his mechanics are top notch.

Sniper
10-06-2008, 09:45 PM
sanchez is a COPLETE JOKE

Welcome to the boards. I'll be your grammar and spelling nazi. If you're going to call someone a complete joke, learn to spell.

and he does not translate well to the pros due to his mechanical issues and his mental instability.

Care to explain?

if chris beanie wells was healthy i am 100% the buckeyes would have beat those hippies in southern cal by at least 10 points.

As I said earlier, I wasn't aware Chris Wells made the Buckeyes 42 points better. My bad.

his mental instability shows by the fact that he couldnt beat oregon state

Yes, the OSU lost has nothing to do with terrible OL, RB and overall defense play.

and almost lost to oregon

Yep. 34 point wins are considered "almost losing".

to be honest i think boeckman

The same Boeckman who lost his job to a true freshman because he was never able to beat a good team? Ah, okay. It's only Boeckman's 83rd year in college. You'd think he'd be able to hang onto his job.

and probably pat white will translate to the nfl the best

Really? 6'1", 185 pounds, a weak arm, and sub-par accuracy? Of course he's a great fit....for the AFL.

both have amazing mechanics and great skill sets.

They do? Then why does Boeckman suck and why is White unable to throw over 20 yards with any accuracy?

Sniper
10-06-2008, 09:46 PM
in all honesty the game was over before it started because of the injury to the best player in the nation.

Michael Crabtree played in the OSU/USC game? For what team?

Sniper
10-06-2008, 09:49 PM
I would put Boeckman above Mark Sanchez. Boeckman in my opinion is one of the top 3 qb's coming out this year

That is ludicrous. Boeckman is terrible. He lost his job to a goddamn trrue freshman!

behind Stafford and Tebow because the SEC produces the best QB's.

Tebow has a better chance of being a colossal bust due to a multitude of issues. And QB in the NFL is a position which is pretty evenly dispersed among the conferences. Sure seems like going to Michigan hindered Tom Brady.

Sniper
10-06-2008, 09:50 PM
the whole reason the buckeyes lost was because boeckmon had to force passes in due tot he fact that beanie wells was not on the field and could not punish the hippies. boeckmons ability to disect defenses and check down cannot be matched by any other qb in the league.

I literally just fell out of my chair laughing.

Oh, and USC's players are far from hippies.

BuckNaked
10-06-2008, 09:56 PM
He's definitely trolling, nobody could be this mentally challenged.

keylime_5
10-06-2008, 09:59 PM
i reeeeeeeally don't want to jump in this and I'm not siding either way in this silly thread, but if Chris Wells played that game I don't think OSU scores less than 17 and I don't think USC scores 35.

And also, the SEC doesn't produce the best QBs, I think the pac 10 has that honor right now.

holt_bruce81
10-06-2008, 10:03 PM
He has all the tools to be a very good Quarterback at the next level. He can make all the throws, and he's in an offense that makes NFL-type reads.

eazyb81
10-07-2008, 09:33 AM
He has all the tools to be a very good Quarterback at the next level. He can make all the throws, and he's in an offense that makes NFL-type reads.

Well said. He doesn't have the game experience, so he will have slip-ups every now and then, but he has elite tools, great size, and plays in a pro-style offense that will help him translate his game to the NFL.

I'm a big Sanchez fan, and am hoping he comes out this year, but I expect he will probably stay for his senior year like all the other USC QBs have done.

STARHEATHER
10-07-2008, 08:08 PM
hes starting to look injury prone. the - list keeps growing

Unbiased
11-06-2008, 05:09 PM
Kid's gonna be pretty good.

Ladies and gentlemen, you're looking at the worst poster in NFLDC history.

illmatic74
11-06-2008, 05:17 PM
Sanchez is the 3rd best NFL QB prospect in college football.

CashmoneyDrew
11-06-2008, 05:24 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, you're looking at the worst poster in NFLDC history.

You must not read too many posts here than.

SMoore
11-06-2008, 05:37 PM
Well said. He doesn't have the game experience, so he will have slip-ups every now and then, but he has elite tools, great size, and plays in a pro-style offense that will help him translate his game to the NFL.

I'm a big Sanchez fan, and am hoping he comes out this year, but I expect he will probably stay for his senior year like all the other USC QBs have done.

I wouldn't really say his tools are elite. Above-average probably.

Unbiased
11-06-2008, 05:38 PM
You must not read too many posts here than.

You don't know the Worldofx that I know.

Mr. Offseason
11-06-2008, 06:47 PM
What I like about him the most is the fact that he's a leader, and the kind of QB who wants to take-over the game instead of just manage it. He's matured well from this last year to now. He'll have his down games this year and people will jump off of the band wagon at times, But Mark is what you want in a QB...Confidence, fire, determination.

good post. i feel like he has the leadership qualities that can be the difference between a good QB and a great QB. while i dont think he has great arm strength i do think he has good arm strength and good tools, size, etc. i think he has the physical tools, the football IQ and leadership ability to be a 1st round worth QB. all he needs is experience and that is why i dont think he can even remotely consider leaving early. he needs as much as he can get and since he is at 11 games now he should be able to get 27-29 career starts if he can stay healthy. that is one other thing i like about him, his toughness. hes played through nagging injuries and played very well. 22/7 TD:INT ratio this year i believe. i do like sanchez, but he absolutely needs to go back for his senior season.

Malaka
11-06-2008, 06:55 PM
In my opinion... if Matt Ryan (32 TDs 19 INTs, average arm) can be a top 10 pick in the NFL, Sanchez should easily be one. Sanchez reminds me a lot of Ryan but times 2, better arm, way better stats (much better team obviously), but there is more pressure on Sanchez on a constant basis, Sanchez is accuracy is pretty good, and he has those same leadership qualities that was Matt Ryan's biggest strength. Matt Ryan has done great in the NFL so far, he has proved me and other doubters wrong, I think if Sanchez get to the right situation he can become a great NFL prospect, although IMO Bradford > Sanchez if they both come out next year, that is actually better for Sanchez he'd go to a more well of team. Sanchez's intangibles as well as his above average arm will take him places I really like this guy, I think he can be great.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
11-06-2008, 06:59 PM
It's puzzling why people think that Sanchez's arm is just average. It's obviously not at the JaMarcus Russell level, but Sanchez can make all the throws in the NFL.

Mr. Offseason
11-06-2008, 06:59 PM
Sanchez is the 3rd best NFL QB prospect in college football.

i think after bradford and stafford you may be right...

In my opinion... if Matt Ryan (32 TDs 19 INTs, average arm) can be a top 10 pick in the NFL, Sanchez should easily be one. Sanchez reminds me a lot of Ryan but times 2, better arm, way better stats (much better team obviously), but there is more pressure on Sanchez on a constant basis, Sanchez is accuracy is pretty good, and he has those same leadership qualities that was Matt Ryan's biggest strength. Matt Ryan has done great in the NFL so far, he has proved me and other doubters wrong, I think if Sanchez get to the right situation he can become a great NFL prospect, although IMO Bradford > Sanchez if they both come out next year, that is actually better for Sanchez he'd go to a more well of team. Sanchez's intangibles as well as his above average arm will take him places I really like this guy, I think he can be great.

what does ryan have to do to get you to realize he doesnt have an average arm? he has good arm strength and good accuracy, you need to watch some falcons games if you havent cracked that code yet.

sanchez has good arm strength and accuracy also, he just needs experience. he has good physical attributes and good intangibles, if he mixes in some experience while continuing to produce he will be a 1st rounder next year.

Malaka
11-06-2008, 07:05 PM
i think after bradford and stafford you may be right...

what does ryan have to do to get you to realize he doesnt have an average arm? he has good arm strength and good accuracy, you need to watch some falcons games if you havent cracked that code yet.

sanchez has good arm strength and accuracy also, he just needs experience. he has good physical attributes and good intangibles, if he mixes in some experience while continuing to produce he will be a 1st rounder next year.

Seriously? I just said Matt Ryan has proved me and other doubters wrong... and hmmm who has the stronger arm Sanchez or Ryan? As a prospect Sanchez > Ryan... NFL? who knows...

Ryan's arm is not great, don't get your panties in a bunch he's still a really good rookie QB damn...

Mr. Offseason
11-06-2008, 07:50 PM
Seriously? I just said Matt Ryan has proved me and other doubters wrong... and hmmm who has the stronger arm Sanchez or Ryan? As a prospect Sanchez > Ryan... NFL? who knows...

Ryan's arm is not great, don't get your panties in a bunch he's still a really good rookie QB damn...

i had a problem with you saying he had an average arm. he did not go in the top 10 because he has an average arm. truth be told i dont think either of them have average arm strength, but the average arm comment came from your initial post.

im glad you can admit you are wrong, but i dont see why you think im having a freak-out over this when all i was arguing or trying to point out was that you said he went in the top 10 with good stats and an average arm when clearly he does not have an average arm. that is all.

Smokey Joe
11-06-2008, 07:59 PM
Matt Ryan has preformed well so far this year, but I still think in the long run he will be a bust.

Malaka
11-06-2008, 08:01 PM
i had a problem with you saying he had an average arm. he did not go in the top 10 because he has an average arm. truth be told i dont think either of them have average arm strength, but the average arm comment came from your initial post.

im glad you can admit you are wrong, but i dont see why you think im having a freak-out over this when all i was arguing or trying to point out was that you said he went in the top 10 with good stats and an average arm when clearly he does not have an average arm. that is all.

When did I say he had good stats 19 INTs is horrendous... for a top ten QB, add in he has average/above average arm strength (happy?), he got picked in the top ten because it was one of the worst QB draft classes last year, he has all the intangibles you look for in a QB, and has great pocket presence, his arm most definitely was not reason he was drafted in the top ten, last years QB arms were like this IMO Flacco>Henne>Ryan>Brohm. I never once said Ryan has a weak arm I do not think his arm is anything special either.

katnip
11-06-2008, 08:05 PM
Too me he's too raw. Depends too much on arm strength. Even though I only saw them lose against Oregon State. Which was laughable.

Mr. Offseason
11-06-2008, 08:38 PM
Matt Ryan has preformed well so far this year, but I still think in the long run he will be a bust.

alrighty then... i guess well just disagree on this one.

When did I say he had good stats 19 INTs is horrendous... for a top ten QB, add in he has average/above average arm strength (happy?), he got picked in the top ten because it was one of the worst QB draft classes last year, he has all the intangibles you look for in a QB, and has great pocket presence, his arm most definitely was not reason he was drafted in the top ten, last years QB arms were like this IMO Flacco>Henne>Ryan>Brohm. I never once said Ryan has a weak arm I do not think his arm is anything special either.

19 ints in what, 654 pass attempts? yeah, hes a horrible QB.

sorry i tried to have this discussion with you because you clearly havent been watching falcons games this year. i agree that flacco and henne might have stronger arms than ryan, but ryan does have good arm strength.

and THIS is one of the worst QB classes, last year looks substantially better.

illmatic74
11-06-2008, 10:37 PM
Is Matt Ryan every QB now.

11-06-2008, 10:42 PM

The doubters just never learn. :rolleyes:

In today's NFL intangibles are everything. He will continue to be just fine.

BamaFalcon59
11-06-2008, 10:53 PM

Sanchez is Matt Ryan times two? Have you lost it?

Sanchez will be lucky if he has a NFL season like Matt Ryan is having now in his first three years. Or ever.

Babylon
11-07-2008, 11:39 AM
It's a little hard to gauge Sanchez when he's beating up on cupcakes like Wash. and Wash. St. but I've liked what i've seen this year, very confident, moves well, (considering he had a dislocated knee back in August), and seems to be able to make all the throws. If as i believe Bradford wont come out that should make Sanchez the second QB to come off the board if he declares. His game time is limited but he's 22 and has been in the system there for 4 years. Teams like KC,Seattle and Minnesota would have to be interested.

ElectricEye
11-07-2008, 11:47 AM
I was one of the bigger Sanchez should come out early guys, but watching him over the past couple weeks, I think he needs to stay for sure. There's a lot to like about him. He's an athletic passer that has a pretty good, accurate arm. His mechanics are really good as well. He just needs to be more consistent. That comes with experience.

Turtlepower
11-07-2008, 11:55 AM
It's a little hard to gauge Sanchez when he's beating up on cupcakes like Wash. and Wash. St. but I've liked what i've seen this year, very confident, moves well, (considering he had a dislocated knee back in August), and seems to be able to make all the throws. If as i believe Bradford wont come out that should make Sanchez the second QB to come off the board if he declares. His game time is limited but he's 22 and has been in the system there for 4 years. Teams like KC,Seattle and Minnesota would have to be interested.

8/30 @Virginia - 26-35 338 yards 74.3 CMP% 3 TDs 1 INTs 177.98 QB Rating

9/13 Ohio State - 17-28 172 yards 60.7 CMP% 4 TDs 1 INT 152.32 QB Rating

9/25 @Oregon State - 18-29 227 Yards 62.1 CMP% 3 TDs 1 INT 155.07 QB Rating

Virginia still has a chance to win the ACC (slight, but they are not as bad of a team as everyone thought when USC beat them). Ohio State has only lost to the #3 team and USC. Oregon State blew their first game of the year, but their only other loss was to Penn State. He has still done great against the better teams he has played.

ElectricEye
11-07-2008, 11:58 AM
Yeah, he's really played well against good competition. I don't really see anything wrong with against good competition. He's had some rather pedestrian games where he really wasn't much of a factor. That's more what I'm concerned with.

Burns336
11-08-2008, 11:35 AM
I don't see why whenever Stafford messes up, people say "oh, well his O-line is weak and he has no weapons outside of knowshon"

Sanchez has all of the same problems. He's got an inexperienced o-line. He's got a bunch of average receivers. Ronald Johnson and the dude who is a transfer have good speed, but none of the receivers are anything great. None of his RB's are Knowshon quality.

When Stafford throws a pick, it's just him pressing and trying to do to much. When Sanchez does, he sucks.

I can't understand why people don't see how good this guy is. He's got a real good arm. He has really good pocket presence, reminds me a bit of Big Ben/Tony Romo with how he avoids the rush and weaves in and out of his O-line to buy time. Most importantly, he's a leader. He's one of those kids who is just natural at it. He's got a **** ton of confidence, he plays like a field general.

I think he's every bit as good of a prospect as the others.

Sniper
11-08-2008, 11:38 AM
I like Sanchez more than Stafford, but Sanchez does have better WRs. All three of his leading three receivers are averaging at least 14.9 ypc, and they all have at least 20 receptions. They also average 5.3 ypc on the ground with all those RBs.

Babylon
11-08-2008, 12:15 PM
I like Sanchez more than Stafford, but Sanchez does have better WRs. All three of his leading three receivers are averaging at least 14.9 ypc, and they all have at least 20 receptions. They also average 5.3 ypc on the ground with all those RBs.

I would be curious as to what he does as well as Stafford. He isnt as physically sound, doesnt throw the out routes as good as Stafford, or the deep ball, mobility wise they're probably the same. Sanchez is 22, Stafford only 20. I really dont see any comparison although i think Mark will be a high draft pick at some point.

Sniper
11-08-2008, 12:17 PM
I would be curious as to what he does as well as Stafford. He isnt as physically sound, doesnt throw the out routes as good as Stafford, or the deep ball, mobility wise they're probably the same. Sanchez is 22, Stafford only 20. I really dont see any comparison although i think Mark will be a high draft pick at some point.

He's smarter and makes better reads. No QB in this draft can hold Stafford's jock in terms of physical attributes, but many can beat him badly in mental abilities.

Babylon
11-08-2008, 01:30 PM
He's smarter and makes better reads. No QB in this draft can hold Stafford's jock in terms of physical attributes, but many can beat him badly in mental abilities.

Sounds like the usual rhetoric about Stafford's ability to read the field. We'll see where that goes in the future.

How did i do with the 's?

Sniper
11-08-2008, 01:35 PM
Sounds like the usual rhetoric about Stafford's ability to read the field. We'll see where that goes in the future.

How did i do with the 's?

Wonderful job :D

Burns336
11-08-2008, 06:48 PM
I can easily say Sanchez has the best pocket presence of any of them. I am a USC fan as well as a Georgia fan, so I have to bias towards either player.

I actually really like both of them. If I had a choice, I would go with Sanchez though. There is just something about him. He's a play maker with a great attitude.

hockey619
11-11-2008, 03:46 PM
Sanchez looks much more fluid and naturally athletic than Stafford does when they look to escape the rush or take off. When he changes direction or starts running he looks comfortable and it looks normal, where as if you watch Stafford start running, he looks a little stiff in the hips. Sanchez also has a solid arm, not as good as Stafford's but still very good. He throws pretty well on the run and has proven to be accurate with his ball placement. Hes very sound mechanically, although occasionally he'll wind up a little or have his feet a little far apart that it looks akward to throw from that kind of stance, but thats really nitpicking. He also runs a little hot-and-cold or plays a little streaky if you will, but I believe his consistency will get better with experience. He looks calm and composed at the line and in the pocket, and has been in a very competitive environment since he got to USC. He does have a great team around him but he's played well when needed and to me anyway seems to have an aura, swagger, confidence, whatever you want to call it about him that makes me believe he will good.

I dont measure a QB's experience in games played, while still relevant, but more so in pass attempts. He needs to know how to manage a game so two years or so of starting at least helps, but if he plays in a system that doesnt utilize the pass as much, it will hinder his pro prospectus. He's thrown 371 passes in games since high school, which isnt a whole lot. Matt Ryan threw 1347 passes in college. This is relevant because throwing more passes means hes had more practice reading coverages while dropping back at the college speed. The more he sees that, the more he'll get used to it and the more prepared he'll be for the adjustment that comes at the next level.

Babylon
11-11-2008, 03:54 PM
Sanchez looks much more fluid and naturally athletic than Stafford does when they look to escape the rush or take off. When he changes direction or starts running he looks comfortable and it looks normal, where as if you watch Stafford start running, he looks a little stiff in the hips. Sanchez also has a solid arm, not as good as Stafford's but still very good. He throws pretty well on the run and has proven to be accurate with his ball placement. Hes very sound mechanically, although occasionally he'll wind up a little or have his feet a little far apart that it looks akward to throw from that kind of stance, but thats really nitpicking. He also runs a little hot-and-cold or plays a little streaky if you will, but I believe his consistency will get better with experience. He looks calm and composed at the line and in the pocket, and has been in a very competitive environment since he got to USC. He does have a great team around him but he's played well when needed and to me anyway seems to have an aura, swagger, confidence, whatever you want to call it about him that makes me believe he will good.

I dont measure a QB's experience in games played, while still relevant, but more so in pass attempts. He needs to know how to manage a game so two years or so of starting at least helps, but if he plays in a system that doesnt utilize the pass as much, it will hinder his pro prospectus. He's thrown 371 passes in games since high school, which isnt a whole lot. Matt Ryan threw 1347 passes in college. This is relevant because throwing more passes means hes had more practice reading coverages while dropping back at the college speed. The more he sees that, the more he'll get used to it and the more prepared he'll be for the adjustment that comes at the next level.

I think he's the real deal. Ii thought he really played well against Cal but several penalties and a couple of turnovers kept them from scoring a ton of points. Mark really looked good rolling to either side of the field and was very accurate. I do also agree with you that games played isnt the end all, he's been there 4 years so he isnt some rookie and he's actually 2 years older than Stafford so he's mature enough i think.

As for the mobility issue compared to Stafford the Georgia QB moves around very well and for what it's worth i think probably faster than Sanchez in the 40, that doesnt diminish my opinion of Mark because i think he will be a pretty high pick when he does come out.

STARHEATHER
11-11-2008, 03:58 PM
undersize, injury prone, beating up on bad teams all year. arm average at best. way more j d booty than carson palmer. injury prone bust

hockey619
11-11-2008, 04:06 PM
I think he's the real deal. Ii thought he really played well against Cal but several penalties and a couple of turnovers kept them from scoring a ton of points. Mark really looked good rolling to either side of the field and was very accurate. I do also agree with you that games played isnt the end all, he's been there 4 years so he isnt some rookie and he's actually 2 years older than Stafford so he's mature enough i think.

As for the mobility issue compared to Stafford the Georgia QB moves around very well and for what it's worth i think probably faster than Sanchez in the 40, that doesnt diminish my opinion of Mark because i think he will be a pretty high pick when he does come out.

Yeah i agree that Stafford has better straight line speed, thats pretty clear in my opinion. I think that Sanchez has better agility is what I was trying to say. But yeah I agree with you that he's mature and to me much more so than Stafford. Sanchez has a solid build physically, which to me shows maturity and commitment. Stafford looks like he has a soft build, though he does look like he's in a little better shape this year than last, where he just looked fat to me.

As for his arm, Ive seen him throw the ball 20 yards downfield to the sideline on a rope, so I have no questions about his arm at all. Not Russell like arm, but I think its comparable to Peyton as far as MPH's on the ball.

Babylon
11-11-2008, 04:10 PM
Yeah i agree that Stafford has better straight line speed, thats pretty clear in my opinion. I think that Sanchez has better agility is what I was trying to say. But yeah I agree with you that he's mature and to me much more so than Stafford. Sanchez has a solid build physically, which to me shows maturity and commitment. Stafford looks like he has a soft build, though he does look like he's in a little better shape this year than last, where he just looked fat to me.

As for his arm, Ive seen him throw the ball 20 yards downfield to the sideline on a rope, so I have no questions about his arm at all. Not Russell like arm, but I think its comparable to Peyton as far as MPH's on the ball.

His arm is fine. If he does come out i think he'll be looked at by teams like the Vikings, Seahawks, Bucs somewhere in the mid to later part of round 1, just my take. Do you know if he's leaning either way?

hockey619
11-11-2008, 04:26 PM
STARHEATHER:

Hall of Famers (size per the hall of fame website)
Montana 6-2 200
Elway 6-3 215
Kelly 6-3 225
Young 6-2 205
Staubach 6-3 197
Bradshaw 6-3 215

Current Stars (sizes per official league site)

Brett Favre 6-2 222
Drew Brees 6-0 209
Kurt Warner 6-2 218
Jay Cutler 6-3 233
Donovan McNabb 6-2 240
Tony Romo 6-2 224

Mark Sanchez 6-3 225
All of the above QB's are similar size to Mark Sanchez. The top list is of Hall of Famers, the bottom, of current players who are excelling at the position. All are comparably sized/smaller than Mark Sanchez and have been successful. So I would say that proves that his size is a non-issue.

Babylon:
I have no idea where he is leaning, but if I had to guess I'd say he goes back unless no one else declares, then he might consider leaving. Other than that I think he stays. Just speculation though, no evidence to back it up.

STARHEATHER
11-11-2008, 04:30 PM
# of those current "stars who have won an nfl chamionship. 1 kurt warner 10 yrs ago.i brett farve farther back than i care to remember. now compare him to recent sb winning qbs
brady
mannings
rothlisberger
johnson
dilfer
elway

in that same time period. i guess hes not "undersize" compared to them?

hockey619
11-11-2008, 04:35 PM
ELWAY 6-3 215
SANCHEZ 6-3 225
BRADY 6-4 225
HES ONE INCH SHORTER THAN BRADY, BIGGER THAN MOST OF THE HALL OF FAME QB'S and is bigger than Dilfer by the way. Johnson just got replaced by Brooks Bollinger, so I'd drop that crap right now. Brees is 6-0 and 209 lbs, hes leading the league in passing yards and keeping a crappy team in contention. Favre's team is third in the league in offense and he got the Pack to the NFC Championship game last year despite being washed up according to you, so I'd say hes doing well.

soybean
11-11-2008, 04:35 PM
undersize, injury prone, beating up on bad teams all year. arm average at best. way more j d booty than carson palmer. injury prone bust

it's not really his fault the pac-10 sucks this year, and by not really i mean not at all.

against top defenses he still had a pretty decent game.

he had back surgery a couple years ago but other than that he hasn't missed a game so i don't know where the injury prone argument comes from.

also 4 different receivers have 20+ catches this year and 7 different receivers have caught tds. that may be a testament to the system they run at usc but it also shows sanchez's ability to evenly distribute the ball.

Bengalsrocket
11-11-2008, 04:38 PM
# of those current "stars who have won an nfl chamionship. 1 kurt warner 10 yrs ago.i brett farve farther back than i care to remember. now compare him to recent sb winning qbs
brady
mannings
rothlisberger
johnson
dilfer
elway

in that same time period. i guess hes not "undersize" compared to them?

McNabb and Brees have both gotten close enough. And romo and Cutler are young, I wouldn't expect either to have an NFL championship yet (yet both have shown they have the tools to get their team to an NFL championship). I personally am one of the fans who thinks that Superbowl rings are a product of a good team, not a good QB.

Tom Brady and Eli Manning are 6-4, 225 lbs (Sanchez is 6-3, 225 lbs) btw.

STARHEATHER
11-11-2008, 04:42 PM
sanchez is under 6 3. brady is 6 4 5/8. and hes shorter than elway and not anywhere near the throwing arm or athleticism. hes like this years cullen harper. i hope someone wastes a high pick. hes going to make it through about 2 games before he gets hurt. and hes not even great in the games. i just dont see it.

STARHEATHER
11-11-2008, 04:44 PM
close enough only counts in horseshoes. i dont know how you could say getting to the nfc championship once in a career (brees) is good enough. if he reminded me even remotely of donovan mcnabb i may take that into consideration. does he remind you of donovan mcnabb? does he remind you of anyone good?

Babylon
11-11-2008, 04:48 PM
sanchez is under 6 3. brady is 6 4 5/8. and hes shorter than elway and not anywhere near the throwing arm or athleticism. hes like this years cullen harper. i hope someone wastes a high pick. hes going to make it through about 2 games before he gets hurt. and hes not even great in the games. i just dont see it.

Come on man his size isnt an issue and he can make all the throws, i don't think you can say he's injury prone because he hasnt missed any time lately.

STARHEATHER
11-11-2008, 04:50 PM
who does he remind you of that didnt retire 20-40 years ago thats winning championships any time recently in the nfl

Babylon
11-11-2008, 04:56 PM
who does he remind you of that didnt retire 20-40 years ago thats winning championships any time recently in the nfl

That's not a criteria to get drafted. Who did Jamarcus Russell remind anyone of, Doug Williams back in the 80's? Sanchez could fit the roll of a Kurt Warner, Trent Dilfer and probably an Eli Manning.

hockey619
11-11-2008, 04:57 PM
Teams win championships. Period. QB's only assist there team in reaching the ultimate goal.

I dont hear any rebuttal reffering to Dilfer or Johnson...

Sanchez is listed in a number of places as 6-3 and until he measures in at less, that is all the evidence we have about his size, so we should go by that rather than speculate how big he might be.

And he personally reminds me of Elway as far as personality goes. He's charismatic and oozes confidence in interviews and its genuine. He's got a similiar story too so far. Great So. Cal high school QB whos very highly touted and stays near home for college. He's not quite as mobile nor does he have quite the arm, but he can play. The bomb he threw in the Virginia game that traveled 60+ in the air proves he can throw (again). He also threw a pretty post into a zone for a touchdown against OSU I think, cant remember exactly. So in short, he does remind of a someone great.

He hasnt missed any games, but I would want to check that knee out before the draft, but it doesnt seem to be bothering him anymore. Durability is a minor concern at best.

STARHEATHER
11-11-2008, 05:03 PM
it absolutely is. go to last years pfw draft mag article.the best media piece ive seen. one of the main criteria. who do they look like. when you see them play, who do they remind you of. he reminds me of weaker armed brody croyle. thus i would not draft him

Babylon
11-11-2008, 05:07 PM
Teams win championships. Period. QB's only assist there team in reaching the ultimate goal.

I dont hear any rebuttal reffering to Dilfer or Johnson...

Sanchez is listed in a number of places as 6-3 and until he measures in at less, that is all the evidence we have about his size, so we should go by that rather than speculate how big he might be.

And he personally reminds me of Elway as far as personality goes. He's charismatic and oozes confidence in interviews and its genuine. He's got a similiar story too so far. Great So. Cal high school QB whos very highly touted and stays near home for college. He's not quite as mobile nor does he have quite the arm, but he can play. The bomb he threw in the Virginia game that traveled 60+ in the air proves he can throw (again). He also threw a pretty post into a zone for a touchdown against OSU I think, cant remember exactly. So in short, he does remind of a someone great.

He hasnt missed any games, but I would want to check that knee out before the draft, but it doesnt seem to be bothering him anymore. Durability is a minor concern at best.

Forgot about Brad Johnson, i had Warner, Dilfer and even an Eli Manning, my head hurts right now from banging my head against a wall if you know what i mean.

hockey619
11-11-2008, 05:09 PM
Well lets see how wrong that is:

He hasnt missed any games due to injury like Croyle did.

Hes bigger and thicker than Croyle right now.

Hes shown more of an arm and accuracy as far as ball placement at this point than Croyle ever did.

hockey619
11-11-2008, 05:11 PM
I know, he brings no evidence to the table, doesnt point to specific instances where the Sanchez showed his "weak arm." Yeah id say he has a weak arm too. I can throw 75+ yards with my off hand into hurricane winds.....

STARHEATHER
11-11-2008, 05:13 PM
brodie croyle has a far superior arm to sanchez. that was the point. hes less than brodie croyle. he has a below average nfl arm.

illmatic74
11-11-2008, 06:10 PM
brodie croyle has a far superior arm to sanchez. that was the point. hes less than brodie croyle. he has a below average nfl arm.Have ever seen Croyle throw the ball. He couldn't win a job from Damon Huard. Sanchez arm strength is about the same as Aaron Rodgers and Trent Edwards.

hockey619
11-11-2008, 06:11 PM
STARHEATHER

Provide me with evidence of even a single incident where Croyle showed an arm that can compete with Sanchez's. Ive provided two where Sanchez shows the velocity and power he can put on the ball and Ill add some others for humor.

-The bomb against Virginia of 60+ yards in the air

-The rope into to tight Zone to the WR running a post for a TD against OSU, 22 yards on a rope into small window in the zone

-Scramble right then pass to sideline for first down against

-Bomb against Oregon (4:30 of the second quarter)

Cal game

-2:12 of the first against Cal, while running to left passes about 20 yards on a rope

-5:00 of the second, tight window where only WR can get at it, about 30 yards in
the air on a line

-7:20 4th, PA rolls left and throws down sideline on the run 25 yards

Az State

-4:30 of the first, shows good composure with guy in his face on the roll out to complete pass quickly to open guy in the flat

-7:10 of the second, first read covered, shows composure and takes the hit to complete the 40 yard in the air pass

STARHEATHER
11-11-2008, 06:46 PM
actually brodie croyle has a very good throwing arm. hes the one with the rodgers arm. sanchez is lessthan croyle rodgers. so thats the quality youre looking at. not very good.youre going to need your rd 1 qb to perform at a higher level. injuries 6 2 1/2 probably shorter per espn. less than brodie croyle arm. just a recipe for disaster

illmatic74
11-11-2008, 06:59 PM
If you don't think he has Rodgers or Croyle's arm starting NFL qbs that Sanchez's arm is stronger then.
Kurt Warner Phillip Rivers and Chad Pennington's arm strength is not as good as Sanchez but they have been some of the best QBS in the league this year. Arm strength isn't everything. Also since I know where your next argument is coming from Warner has been to 2 superbowls and won 1

STARHEATHER
11-11-2008, 07:02 PM
hes not a better thrower than croyleor rodgers. thats one thing i do know. and hes injury prone. and hes short.and if youre looking for the next kurt warner fine. im not interested much in that. so i see lots of negatives really no positive traits there.

Malaka
11-11-2008, 07:04 PM
hes not a better thrower than croyleor rodgers. thats one thing i do know. and hes injury prone. and hes short.and if youre looking for the next kurt warner fine. im not interested much in that. so i see lots of negatives really no positive traits there.

Really now Kurt Warner is garbage? With his two MVPs and a super bowl win? possibly a third MVP... I think Mark Sanchez is quite similar to Kurt Warner... and if that is right then I'd take Mark Sanchez in the first round for sure.

EDIT: Mark Sanchez is similar to Warner in size, reads, etc. but a better arm and waaaaaaaay more athletic

STARHEATHER
11-11-2008, 07:08 PM
im just not looking for the next kurt warner. he won a sb 10 yrs ago. im not interested in pursuing or finding him. so if snachez is the next kurt warner you can have him and all the 6-10 seasons that go with him when he doesnt have freaks surrounding him. im not even remotely interested.

Malaka
11-11-2008, 07:18 PM
Kurt Warner has been good whenever he gets the chance to play, he had some injuries that forced the Rams to use Warner's heir Bulger. After a few injury plagued seasons, he went to the Giants where he played well and the Giants actually had a chance at the wild card untill they gave the starting job to Eli Manning after a bad loss, then Eli was epically bad in his rookie year, and I beleive they went from 4-3 to 5-11 or something like that after Warner lost the job. Then when he went to Arizona they thought he was out of gas and was used as a veteran to teach rookie Matt Leinart how to play in the NFL, Leinart has disappointed and the chances Warner gets he plays very well and last year he was an above average starter, and this year he is MVP candidate. Why wouldn't I want a potential HoF.

illmatic74
11-11-2008, 07:18 PM
im just not looking for the next kurt warner. he won a sb 10 yrs ago. im not interested in pursuing or finding him. so if snachez is the next kurt warner you can have him and all the 6-10 seasons that go with him when he doesnt have freaks surrounding him. im not even remotely interested.I don't think Sanchez plays like Kurt Warner. But are you telling me you wouldn't take the Super Bowl and the MVP. Other than Brady, the MAnnings and Rothelisberger whose career in terms of team success and accolades would you take.

hockey619
11-11-2008, 07:21 PM
Well, STARHEATHER, I presented detailed indisputable evidence from game film that hes got the skills to get it done and yet time and time again and you ignore it. I see no true evidence behind anything that you say, all I see is opinion.

There is no evidence anywhere that he is under 6-3, you simply believe he is because it supports your argument.

I show you that 6-3 and under QBs can be successful as evidenced by Drew Brees and Kurt Warner having MVP like seasons despite not being all that tall, yet you ignore this FACT as well.

Favre, whos 6-2, had a MVP like season last year as well, just behind Brady, getting his team close to the big one, and yet you make no attempt to refute this FACT.

I presented a detailed video analysis that proves that your wrong, that he has a strong arm and is fairly mobile, and you ignore it yet again.

I admit that your right to worry about his durability, although i do think you blow it out of proportion. Hes knee would need to get a pass from doctors during the draft process for him to stay a top prospect. Until then though, we have to stick with the FACT that we have no evidence to prove that that is more serious than we have been told, just like the FACT that we cant prove that hes under 6-3, only that its possible that hes a shade under that which is strictly speculation.

Basically STARHEATHER, if you want to argue about Sanchez with me Im game, but if your gunna dodge the points and bring nothing to the table but being an arrogant PIA who refuses to believe he might be wrong, then I dont know what to tell you.

Cigaro
11-11-2008, 07:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXHk0PSSKvs

Just skip to 3:20 to see Sanchez's noodle arm.

STARHEATHER
11-11-2008, 08:10 PM
im just not interested in finding the next kurt warner. it doesnt excite me.

soybean
11-11-2008, 08:25 PM
brodie croyle has a far superior arm to sanchez. that was the point. hes less than brodie croyle. he has a below average nfl arm.

actually brodie croyle has a very good throwing arm. hes the one with the rodgers arm. sanchez is lessthan croyle rodgers. so thats the quality youre looking at. not very good.youre going to need your rd 1 qb to perform at a higher level. injuries 6 2 1/2 probably shorter per espn. less than brodie croyle arm. just a recipe for disaster

haha so strange why did you use broydie croyle as the standard?

so brodie croyle has a "very good throwing arm" so if you're less than a "very good throwing arm" you're a recipe for disaster?

Job
11-11-2008, 09:11 PM
Because Croyle is such a better QB than Kurt Warner. :rolleyes:

JaxJag_1
11-11-2008, 09:20 PM
I really do like Sanchez. I love his ability to throw the deep ball with touch and accuracy. He'd probably be a 1st round pick if he came out this year due to the weakness of the Sr. class of QB's, but if he stays 1 more year he could be a top 5 pick. He's got real talent.

Menardo75
11-11-2008, 11:32 PM
I really do like Sanchez. I love his ability to throw the deep ball with touch and accuracy. He'd probably be a 1st round pick if he came out this year due to the weakness of the Sr. class of QB's, but if he stays 1 more year he could be a top 5 pick. He's got real talent.

He will be a great Niner :)

Halsey
11-11-2008, 11:40 PM
Wow, how many USC prospects don't live up to what they were supposed to be. Kerry Colbert just got released by Seattle. He was a 2nd round pick and has never played up to what he was expected to be.

Menardo75
11-11-2008, 11:42 PM
I think the hits out-weigh the misses sir.

Cigaro
11-12-2008, 06:24 AM
im just not interested in finding the next kurt warner. it doesnt excite me.

So if throwing a perfect ball 60 yards in the air does not impress you, what does? Because I'm pretty sure an NFL quarterback will rarely have to do much more.

themythisbusted
11-12-2008, 02:02 PM
sanchez aint gonna do **** in the pros. hell be on a team like detroit where the oline wont protect him and he will suck like harrington. maybe on a halfway decent team like seatlle he would do aight on.

ElectricEye
11-12-2008, 02:12 PM
Sanchez has the best combination of production, mechanics, and physical tools. All he needs is a resume. That's the hardest to come by, but he's already well on his with the big win against Ohio State(albeit without Wells) and the good record vs the Pac 10. I just need to see more before I'm sold. There's no way I could put him in the Stafford/Bradford category right now. He should come back for another year. With all the talent that's still going to be there and the added starting experience, he should have a monster year and be a top 10 pick.

Oh, and Heather my friend, he has an arm. No misplaced accusations you make can possibly put that in doubt for anyone that knows anything.

themythisbusted
11-12-2008, 02:22 PM
heather is a dumbass. he has an arm but if he comes out now he will go to a bad team and suck. not enough experience and is injury prone.

JackoWacko
11-12-2008, 09:46 PM
myth wtf sanchez championship.

Rayray52
11-14-2008, 08:33 PM
if he comes out now he will go to a bad team and suck. not enough experience and is injury prone

Whenver Sanchez comes out whether it be this year or next he will almost assuredly be going to a bad team, generally being a poor team and not having an established or nfl caliber quarterback go hand in hand. The one thing that will benefit him is that USC is as close to an NFL organization as you can get and it should be a smoother transition for him.

Burns336
11-14-2008, 10:34 PM
I don't think it matters if he goes to a bad team... Guys with shaky confidence/leadership like Joey Harrington or David Carr might not be able to handle it, but Sanchez is one of those eternal optimist. He's going to let it fly no matter what the situation.

I wouldn't mind seeing him on Detroit. At least he would have a great receiver to play with. Hopefully they get a GM that can put an O-line together (if they have Sanchez, I really don't care what they do if they don't) and give him a decent supporting cast.

That being said, I don't see how Detroit doesn't scoop up a QB this year. Assuming Stafford remains at the top of everyone's board, I think he has to be a Lion.

Zyro_1014
11-14-2008, 10:54 PM
I believe that out of the last 2 Qb's at USC Sanchez is the best prospect, ESPECIALLY if he comes back next year. I have no doubt in my mind that he would be a 1st round pick this year but his stock would improve greatly if he stayed another year.

Ill say this again

hes coming from a pro style offense that forces him to make the reads that alot of college Qb's dont have to make.

He has an NFL arm. he can make that 15 yard out throw and do it often. (i think the best throw he made was the post pattern to Turner against Cal-and loved the bomb against West Virginia)

Hes got good mobility and has good pocket presence-and the best thing is hes a great leader.

Menardo75
11-15-2008, 12:58 AM
He is probably the best QB at SC since Palmer imo.

STARHEATHER
11-16-2008, 11:50 AM
he was awful again yesterday. luckily for them those cake eaters from stanford couldnt stop the run or recover kicks. sanchez is this years brian brohm. overrated measurables, overrated arm. overrated ability to play qb. then you use a rd 2 pick and he ends up getting beat out by the 7th rd guy. just brutally awful

Malaka
11-16-2008, 11:52 AM

I think so too.

STARHEATHER
11-16-2008, 11:56 AM
so hes better than linhart or booty. im not sure what validity that has. and hes not better than them

Cigaro
11-16-2008, 11:56 AM
he was awful again yesterday. luckily for them those cake eaters from stanford couldnt stop the run or recover kicks. sanchez is this years brian brohm. overrated measurables, overrated arm. overrated ability to play qb. then you use a rd 2 pick and he ends up getting beat out by the 7th rd guy. just brutally awful

Didn't watch the game, but he completed 64% of his passes for two touchdowns and no interceptions.

Babylon
11-16-2008, 01:38 PM
Didn't watch the game, but he completed 64% of his passes for two touchdowns and no interceptions.

They sort of sleep walked through the fist half, the team as a whole played a ton better in the second half. Sanchez played well, only question remaining for me is whether he comes out, i dont think we need to see anything we havent already seen in evaluating the guy.

Zyro_1014
11-16-2008, 01:57 PM
so hes better than linhart or booty. im not sure what validity that has. and hes not better than them

Are you seriously going to try and tell me that he isnt better than JDB?

I sit down and watch the USC game every week and i know my football man, I know a good prospect when i see one and ill tell you that Sanchez is far beyond JDB

Mr. Offseason
11-16-2008, 02:00 PM
They sort of sleep walked through the fist half, the team as a whole played a ton better in the second half. Sanchez played well, only question remaining for me is whether he comes out, i dont think we need to see anything we havent already seen in evaluating the guy.

he just needs more experience. thats why i dont think he should come out.

Zyro_1014
11-16-2008, 02:03 PM
he just needs more experience. thats why i dont think he should come out.

when its all said and done i believe thats whats going to happen. He loves it there at SC and i think he will understand that he can improve his stock much more with that extra year.

not to mention i want him to stay so that way Barkley can come in and start the year after hes gone :)

Sniper
11-16-2008, 02:04 PM

At SC? He's not even close to being better than Leinart. Leinart, despite a popgun for an arm, had ridiculous accuracy in college and displayed great touch. Furthermore, he's got a Heisman, a NC MVP, and 1 1/2 national titles.

Zyro_1014
11-16-2008, 02:06 PM
At SC? He's not even close to being better than Leinart. Leinart, despite a popgun for an arm, had ridiculous accuracy in college and displayed great touch. Furthermore, he's got a Heisman, a NC MVP, and 1 1/2 national titles.

I loved Leinart while he was at SC, still like him. But i have no doubt in my mind that if Sanchez stays for his senior year that he will end up being a better prospect than Leinart was.

Sniper
11-16-2008, 02:12 PM
I loved Leinart while he was at SC, still like him. But i have no doubt in my mind that if Sanchez stays for his senior year that he will end up being a better prospect than Leinart was.

Maybe, but Sanchez isn't half the college QB Leinart was, which was my point.

Babylon
11-16-2008, 02:14 PM
when its all said and done i believe thats whats going to happen. He loves it there at SC and i think he will understand that he can improve his stock much more with that extra year.

not to mention i want him to stay so that way Barkley can come in and start the year after hes gone :)

First off they all love it on campus, who wouldn't? He's 22 years old, been there 4 years and who knows if that knee is going to act up on him again. There are some pretty good reasons why he would come out, either way he probably isnt going to be the 1st QB taken this year or next.

Zyro_1014
11-16-2008, 02:15 PM
First off they all love it on campus, who wouldn't? He's 22 years old, been there 4 years and who knows if that knee is going to act up on him again. There are some pretty good reasons why he would come out, either way he probably isnt going to be the 1st QB taken this year or next.

if bradford comes out this year i could see him bein the top QB prospect next year.