PDA

View Full Version : BlindSite's NFL Truth thread

BlindSite
09-03-2008, 06:28 AM
Brett Favre will Flounder in New York
Brett Favre is coming out of a system tailor made to accentuate his strengths and hide his weaknesses. He had three talented receivers at the wide receiver position to throw to, a stable and young defense which helped to keep the team in the game and an offensive line with strong chemistry and solid youthful talent.

In New York every piece of his supporting cast is a step down from what it once was, he’ll be facing tougher opponents playing in the AFC and he’ll be adjusting to not only a new coaching staff and system but also to new receivers. All of this, without having the OTA’s, Mini-camps and Training camp to be acclimated to the team he has joined.

Brett Favre will do what he does best and that’s air it out, and it will lead to turnovers and a lost ball games for the Jets.

Julius Peppers will have a career year
[homer prediction]
Peppers has switched to the right side this year in an effort to energize his play and make it more difficult for offensive units to target him with extra blockers. He will face opponents in seven games this year who’re either rookies or backups through the result of suspension or injury. Peppers is in a contract year and if he wants to be paid money placing him in the upper echelon of players in the NFL he needs to produce on the field. The defense’s success hinges on him being a dominant force in both areas of the game. This is the year he will rise to the challenge. He’s also my pick for defensive player of the year.

Bill Cowher will return to football
As the head coach of the Cowboys. A lot of people might be surprised to see the coach of a division winning team fired, but the owner in Big D wants a ring and wants it pronto. He’s used every resource at his disposal to assemble one of the strongest units in the NFL and with the offseason additions it certainly looks to be one of the few teams that could knock the Patriots off their mantle as the NFL’s juggernaut. Wade Philips is a yes man, lame duck coach who though knowledgeable is never going to be a super bowl winning head man.

Bill Cowher will see the team, and have it sold to him, as a 34 defense with a strong running game, strong QB and excellent outside receivers. Exactly what any coach, with the ability, needs to win a super bowl. This team mirrors a lot of what the Steelers were in the 05 season and Cowher will see it as his chance to get another ring. Of course, the massive salary package Jones will throw his way, won’t hurt matters.

The New Orleans Saints won’t win the NFC South
The entire of the NFC South has some form of issue with their team, the Panthers have questions on the defensive line, the Buccs have big questions on offense, the Falcons don’t have many answers, let alone questions but . New Orleans, though talented has more than the other teams in the race. New Orleans has still failed to build a strong running game, even with Reggie Bush. Duce McAllister may be back on the field, but those knees seem to be a strong breeze away from giving out. Mike McKenzie, Usama Young, and Randal *** are touchdown passes waiting to happen and though they acquired a new defensive end, and rookie defensive tackle and their defensive line still hasn’t proven anything.

The schedule this year is undoubtedly easier on the team, but I don’t think that the addition of Jeremy Shockey, (the only real proven commodity added this offseason) will be enough to overcome the team’s glaring deficiencies.

Derek Anderson will come crashing back to earth
In 2007 the Browns managed to beat the Bengals, Ravens, Dolphins, Rams, Seahawks, Texans, Jets, Bills, and the 49ers. The Seahawks are the only playoff team of the group and with the exception of the Texans and maybe the Bills, none of the other teams are expected to return there this year. Derek Anderson launched a lot of touchdowns but also showed a big propensity to turn the ball over, all the while not showing the certain moxie or accuracy of other gunslingers in the league like Romo or Favre. Anderson was a serviceable role player at a time when the waters of schedule were fairly calm and the supporting cast was finally healthy. This year the schedule will take a definite turn for the more difficult and they’re unlikely to fair as well as last year despite the team’s defensive improvements.

For the Browns organization and team, the best move they can make will be to play Quinn sooner rather than later and I believe that this year we’ll likely see Quinn take the start, whether it be through injury or otherwise and Anderson moved in the offseason in a trade.

Drew Stanton Will Be Given a Shot
Drew Stanton wasn’t drafted to warm the bench forever and the Detroit franchise, as inept as it seems to be, needs to realize that for the organization to move forward they’ll eventually need to develop a QB. Despite Dan Orlovsky’s man love for starting incumbent Jon Kitna he isn’t the long term answer and the team’s subpar defensive and offensive lines means that despite the brilliant receiving corps the team isn’t built to be overly competitive in their division. I expect to see Stanton in the starting lineup sometime between weeks 8-16 after the playoff hopes of the team are extinguished. Whether or not he will thrive is another issue. I like Stanton as a prospect but I don’t see the team around him as being ready to adequately support a young signal caller to successful places.

Ben Roethlisberger will be in the mix for the MVP award
Last year Roethlisberger was one of the NFL’s better quarterbacks, and he did so quietly escaping the notice of many members of the media due to the Moss and Brady show in New England. Though this year he is facing a tougher schedule he’ll be required to lift his game to new heights to make up for what I believe will be an unexpectedly weak running game. His receiving group has improved leaps and bounds with the continuing emergence of Heath Miller and Santonio Holmes not to mention the incumbent Hines Ward and new arrival, Limas Sweed. He definitely has the weapons to succeed in Tomlin’s offense and should he remain healthy the Steelers will win against tough opponents giving Roethlisberger more exposure, more spotlight and bankable stats.

Predictions:

OROY: Chris Johnson
Runner-Up: Matt Ryan

DROY: Chris Long
Runner-Up: Keith Rivers

MVP: Ben Roethlisberger
Runner-Up: Adrian Petersen

DPOY: DeMarcus Ware
Runner-Up: Patrick Willis

Comeback Player of the Year: Jake Delhomme

AFC East: New England Patriots

AFC South: Indianapolis Colts

AFC North: Pittsburgh Steelers

AFC West: San Diego Chargers

Wild Card: Houston Texans

Wild Card: Jacksonville Jaguars

NFC East: Dallas Cowboys

NFC South: Tampa Bay Buccaneers

NFC North: Minnesota Vikings

NFC West: Seattle Seahawks

Wild Card: New York Giants

Wild Card: Carolina Panthers

Chucky
09-03-2008, 06:53 AM
Jake Long: DROY?

eaglesalltheway
09-03-2008, 07:19 AM
Jake Long: DROY?

I know, WTF???

WMD
09-03-2008, 08:00 AM
I'm sure he means Chris Long.. Also, I'd be surprised to see Cowher coaching the Cowboys next, since it appears that Wade is just holding the spot until Jason Garrett is ready to take over.

BaLLiN
09-03-2008, 08:11 AM
Julius Peppers will have a career year
[homer prediction]
Peppers has switched to the right side this year in an effort to energize his play and make it more difficult for offensive units to target him with extra blockers. He will face opponents in seven games this year who’re either rookies or backups through the result of suspension or injury. Peppers is in a contract year and if he wants to be paid money placing him in the upper echelon of players in the NFL he needs to produce on the field. The defense’s success hinges on him being a dominant force in both areas of the game. This is the year he will rise to the challenge. He’s also my pick for defensive player of the year.

The entire of the NFC South has some form of issue with their team, the Panthers have questions on the defensive line, the Buccs have big questions on offense, the Falcons don’t have many answers, let alone questions but . New Orleans, though talented has more than the other teams in the race. New Orleans has still failed to build a strong running game, even with Reggie Bush. Duce McAllister may be back on the field, but those knees seem to be a strong breeze away from giving out. Mike McKenzie, Usama Young, and Randal *** are touchdown passes waiting to happen and though they acquired a new defensive end, and rookie defensive tackle and their defensive line still hasn’t proven anything.

The schedule this year is undoubtedly easier on the team, but I don’t think that the addition of Jeremy Shockey, (the only real proven commodity added this offseason) will be enough to overcome the team’s glaring deficiencies.

Comeback Player of the Year: Jake Delhomme

Wild Card: Carolina Panthers

hmmmmmmmmm....

Smooth Criminal
09-03-2008, 10:12 AM
I agree with everything other than Cowher going to Dallas. I see Cowher returning to football, but not in Dallas. Jason Garrett will be their HC soon enough.

Flyboy
09-03-2008, 10:20 AM
hmmmmmmmmm....

BlindSite is one of the biggest Saints haters on the board. I'm used to it by now. It just makes me laugh. Not saying that we will win the NFC South or anything, but I knew that would be one of his truths before I even clicked on the thread.

TitleTown088
09-03-2008, 10:23 AM
Brett Favre has weaknesses?

Anyways, many of these" truths" are blatantly biased.

MetSox17
09-03-2008, 10:26 AM
hmmmmmmmmm....

Yeah, he used a singular instead of a plural, which he really intended.

[homer prediction]

DeathbyStat
09-03-2008, 11:21 AM
If Cowher is coaching any team after this year it will be your Carolina Panthers

Paranoidmoonduck
09-03-2008, 11:59 AM
Yeah, I don't understand the Cowher to Dallas thing. Garrett is quite obviously the next guy in line there.

CC.SD
09-03-2008, 12:10 PM
Here's what I got from this thread.

PANTHERS panthers panthers panthers OMG PANTHERS peppers PANTHERS better put some other stuff so people won't think all I care about is PANTHERS. panthers. crack. Panthers.

:D just kidding, buddy.

CashmoneyDrew
09-03-2008, 12:14 PM
I see no way of us missing the playoffs if Chris Johnson is OROY. That would mean he would make a major impact on our offense which is what we need to remain in that 10-11 winn season threshold.

drowe
09-03-2008, 12:17 PM
yeah, most of these points make very little sense.

posters should have to meet some criteria before posting a thread like this.

Flyboy
09-03-2008, 12:38 PM

LOL, pretty much.

Bruce Banner
09-03-2008, 12:54 PM
Yeah, I don't understand the Cowher to Dallas thing. Garrett is quite obviously the next guy in line there.

++, Garrett is next.

If I had to guess, I'd say that Cowher is Carolina bound. Especially if they don't live up to expectations.....again.

DeathbyStat
09-03-2008, 12:59 PM
++, Garrett is next.

If I had to guess, I'd say that Cowher is Carolina bound. Especially if they don't live up to expectations.....again.

Exactly my thoughts

Borat
09-03-2008, 01:07 PM

PANTHERS panthers panthers panthers OMG PANTHERS peppers PANTHERS better put some other stuff so people won't think all I care about is PANTHERS. panthers. crack. Panthers.

:D just kidding, buddy.

Made me LOL.

Pb&j
09-03-2008, 01:20 PM
What is with all of these "X's NFL Truths"? None of these topics are truths, just opinions.

drowe
09-03-2008, 01:22 PM
What is with all of these "X's NFL Truths"? None of these topics are truths, just opinions.

i'll tell ya when you're older.

MetSox17
09-03-2008, 04:35 PM
He didn't wanna put Cowher to Carolina for fear of sounding like a homer...

awfullyquiet
09-03-2008, 04:37 PM
yeah, most of these points make very little sense.

posters should have to meet some criteria before posting a thread like this.

i say we require them to speak american.

BlindSite
09-03-2008, 06:25 PM
I'm sure he means Chris Long.. Also, I'd be surprised to see Cowher coaching the Cowboys next, since it appears that Wade is just holding the spot until Jason Garrett is ready to take over.

I like Jason Garrett and I think his pay package speaks volumes about his future. However, a guy who has I think it what will work out to 4 years experience at the end of this season in the coaching game isn't necessarily a guy I would want carrying the entire team to a superbowl.

Call me short sighted or whatever, but I think that the D boys would be a perfect fit for a coach who might only want one or two years in the game before retiring. I don't think that Jerry will want to wait out too many more seasons with Wade Philips at the helm and despite his ability which I think it strong Cowher would make a better coach.

It would still allow Garrett to be the next long term guy. All it would mean is he gives another two seasons as OC, which isn't unheard of. Plenty of teams have gone in different directions with coaching at the last minute.

All it will mean is that Garrett has spent 2 years as a QB coach, 4 as an OC and then who knows how long as a HC, he's a young guy and he'd benefit from learning from one of the best of all time.

hmmmmmmmmm....

A 9-7 record has been good enough for many teams in the NFC to make the playoffs over the last few years. Is it really homeristic to believe the team can win two more games than the previous year with a QB actually capable of SOMETHING, hell ANYTHING at the helm rather than David Carr?

You tell me I'm a homer for thinking Delhomme is 2 games better than David Carr? I don't think there's anyone who's ever watched an NFL game dumb enough to suggest that David Carr is as good or better than Jake Delhomme.

As for the comeback player of the year, who's his competition, Stephen Jackson, Larry johnson? That's about all I could think of to really put in a hard competition for it and both those guys play on 2 of the worst teams in the NFL. In the prediction thread a few months back near everyone was putting up Delhomme. There's not really a basis for me not to think he can come back to his previous form, in which he made a pro bowl. He's got better weapons and an easier schedule.

3/28 predictions had something to do with the Panthers, big deal. Say something about the other 25

CC.SD
09-03-2008, 06:28 PM
As for the comeback player of the year, who's his competition, Stephen Jackson, Larry johnson? That's about all I could think of to really put in a hard competition for it and both those guys play on 2 of the worst teams in the NFL. In the prediction thread a few months back near everyone was putting up Delhomme. There's not really a basis for me not to think he can come back to his previous form, in which he made a pro bowl. He's got better weapons and an easier schedule.

Marvin Harrison is probably the favorite.

BlindSite
09-03-2008, 06:30 PM
37 year old WR? I don't mind his chances but I think Reggie Wayne will lead the colts in receiving 75-70 for about 800-1000 yards is my prediction for harrison. I dunno if that'd be good enough to beat out Jackson or Johnson.

CC.SD
09-03-2008, 06:32 PM
37 year old WR? I don't mind his chances but I think Reggie Wayne will lead the colts in receiving 75-70 for about 800-1000 yards is my prediction for harrison. I dunno if that'd be good enough to beat out Jackson or Johnson.

If he puts up 1000 and 10 he's a lock, IMO.

BlindSite
09-03-2008, 06:41 PM
I just don't know if he's got the legs for it any more. You might be right. I guess we'll wait and see. I suppose if he gets the stats he needs, he'd deserve it the most since he's probably the most likely player to retire after a season ending injury at his age.

CC.SD
09-03-2008, 06:46 PM
I just don't know if he's got the legs for it any more. You might be right. I guess we'll wait and see. I suppose if he gets the stats he needs, he'd deserve it the most since he's probably the most likely player to retire after a season ending injury at his age.

Yeah, it comes down to the whole "Is the QB position>all other positions" argument. If Jake has a pro bowl caliber year, that WOULD be extremely impressive, but given that Marvin will be 37 and a lock for a 1st class ticket to Canton, it'll be his if he can do it. It's a media award, after all, and the media, I don't have to tell you, will probably go with a Colt before a Panther.

BlindSite
09-03-2008, 06:50 PM
That sort of media thinking was made painfully clear when Bruschi shared the award with Smith.

LonghornsLegend
09-03-2008, 07:11 PM
I like Jason Garrett and I think his pay package speaks volumes about his future. However, a guy who has I think it what will work out to 4 years experience at the end of this season in the coaching game isn't necessarily a guy I would want carrying the entire team to a superbowl.

Call me short sighted or whatever, but I think that the D boys would be a perfect fit for a coach who might only want one or two years in the game before retiring. I don't think that Jerry will want to wait out too many more seasons with Wade Philips at the helm and despite his ability which I think it strong Cowher would make a better coach.

It would still allow Garrett to be the next long term guy. All it would mean is he gives another two seasons as OC, which isn't unheard of. Plenty of teams have gone in different directions with coaching at the last minute.

All it will mean is that Garrett has spent 2 years as a QB coach, 4 as an OC and then who knows how long as a HC, he's a young guy and he'd benefit from learning from one of the best of all time.

You do know Jason Garrett was offered coaching jobs last year right? Point blank if we change Head Coaches, there is no way Garrett remains the OC and I'm 100% sure of that...He's either taking over the job(which is more then likely all but a given) or he takes a HC job elsewhere, he's qualified to be a HC and this season is enough, he doesn't need to sit behind a new HC for another 2-3 years...Also Cowher is a terrible fit, he is probably staying on the east coast to stay close to home, Carolina & Washington are alot more logical choices that at least make sense...He's also not a 3-4 guy, and I doubt he wants to work with a 3-4 defense which we are built to run, I know nobody knows the future but thats just not going to happen at all.

That would ruin this thing they call chemistry, which some people feel we don't have but we really do, and if Garrett was ready to be offered jobs in ATL and Baltimore he's more then ready to take over our team, he already acts like the HC now with the way he takes control of the team, no way they bring in somebody else from the outside lik e Cowher.

BaLLiN
09-03-2008, 07:44 PM
ChargerCohen you made my day

Shane P. Hallam
09-03-2008, 08:00 PM
You do know Jason Garrett was offered coaching jobs last year right? Point blank if we change Head Coaches, there is no way Garrett remains the OC and I'm 100% sure of that...He's either taking over the job(which is more then likely all but a given) or he takes a HC job elsewhere, he's qualified to be a HC and this season is enough, he doesn't need to sit behind a new HC for another 2-3 years...Also Cowher is a terrible fit, he is probably staying on the east coast to stay close to home, Carolina & Washington are alot more logical choices that at least make sense...He's also not a 3-4 guy, and I doubt he wants to work with a 3-4 defense which we are built to run, I know nobody knows the future but thats just not going to happen at all.

That would ruin this thing they call chemistry, which some people feel we don't have but we really do, and if Garrett was ready to be offered jobs in ATL and Baltimore he's more then ready to take over our team, he already acts like the HC now with the way he takes control of the team, no way they bring in somebody else from the outside lik e Cowher.

Well spoken. If Cowher goes anywhere, it would be Carolina or Washington.

Though, LL, Cowher IS a 3-4 guy. He had a 3-4 his whole time here.

Borat
09-03-2008, 08:07 PM

Cowher to SF please. KTHXBYE

LonghornsLegend
09-03-2008, 09:07 PM

Sure is, got confused with Tomlin whose been primarily in 4-3 defenses.

BlindSite
09-03-2008, 11:09 PM
Cowher to SF please. KTHXBYE

I thought about SF but I don't know that he'd want to come to a team that's still a long way from being in the superbowl hunt.

Borat
09-03-2008, 11:25 PM
I thought about SF but I don't know that he'd want to come to a team that's still a long way from being in the superbowl hunt.

I think it's more about SF being on the other side of the nation.

BlindSite
09-04-2008, 12:29 AM
I'd wager it was a combination. If SF had the roster of a contender then he'd probably sacrifice a year at home for another ring.

CC.SD
09-04-2008, 01:00 AM

I do aim to please. :D Nice sig.

BlindSite
09-04-2008, 02:44 AM
3/28... all I have to say. Your sig is pretty stupid, just as stupid as the comment.

Bruce Banner
09-04-2008, 02:47 AM
3/28... all I have to say. Your sig is pretty stupid, just as stupid as the comment.

Such hostility, "for nothing!"

http://www.northernstars.ca/actorsabc/Media/carrey_dumber.jpg

BlindSite
09-04-2008, 02:51 AM
Yeah, dude, whatever I'm happy to have a joke, but when it borders on offensive it gets old pretty quick...

If someone wants to argue the points I made on the panthers or any of the other 25 predictions I made then fine. Go ahead and post something. If not why bother? Its just annoying and inflammatory.

Bruce Banner
09-04-2008, 02:54 AM
Yeah, dude, whatever I'm happy to have a joke, but when it borders on offensive it gets old pretty quick...

If someone wants to argue the points I made on the panthers or any of the other 25 predictions I made then fine. Go ahead and post something. If not why bother? Its just annoying and inflammatory.

For what its worth, I didn't think the OP was that homerish. I've seen much worse on here.

vidae
09-04-2008, 02:55 AM
I think you're right about Peppers. He is a dominant DE. It's weird how as soon as someone gets injured people forget they're around.

He's going to have a huuuuuge year.

BlindSite
09-04-2008, 03:00 AM
The scary thing is, he wasn't really injured. The coaching staff have been exceptionally silent about the whole thing.

The most concrete reason given thus far for his issue was "illness" that he suffered during training camp which stunted his preparation and caused him to lose a lot of weight and strength which he never regained.

Dunno what to really believe but from all accounts, especially people who went to camp this year and last year, the difference is reportedly, night and day.

Bruce Banner
09-04-2008, 03:01 AM
The scary thing is, he wasn't really injured. The coaching staff have been exceptionally silent about the whole thing.

The most concrete reason given thus far for his issue was "illness" that he suffered during training camp which stunted his preparation and caused him to lose a lot of weight and strength which he never regained.

Dunno what to really believe but from all accounts, especially people who went to camp this year and last year, the difference is reportedly, night and day.

Sounds a lot like withdrawal from an illegal substance half of the team was using a few years back.
:eek:

vidae
09-04-2008, 03:02 AM

That's really weird.

I have a friend who is a huge Panthers fan and all I hear every day is how bad SI/ESPN/etc are sleeping on the Panthers. I really think they could contend/win that division, ESPECIALLY if Peppers returns to form. It sucks losing Kris Jenkins, but Peppers is still one of the best in the business.

BlindSite
09-04-2008, 06:44 AM
People are seemingly overlooking the biggest weakness on the team in the analysis which is DT. Our starters are ok, but nothing special.

The minnesota game where they'll face one of the best interior lines in the NFL will be telling as to whether or not the team can be a true contender. I don't mind the team's chances, the schedule isn't that bad and the team went 7-9 with a far weaker offensive line and david carr at QB.

I was going to ask a KC fan, how is Johnston doing? I wanted him in Carolina with a late rounder but you guys snaffled him.

drowe
09-04-2008, 08:50 AM

yikes dude. if you're gonna play with the big boys and make a 'truths' thread, ya kinda have to accept that people are gonna disagree with you at times. and they're not always gonna go out of their way to be nice about it.

CC.SD
09-04-2008, 09:20 AM
yikes dude. if you're gonna play with the big boys and make a 'truths' thread, ya kinda have to accept that people are gonna disagree with you at times. and they're not always gonna go out of their way to be nice about it.

I think even Blindsite knows I wasn't going after his nuts with that comment. Although I'm not gonna lie, I have no regrets, I got my first shiny light green rep bar from it...

MetSox17
09-04-2008, 09:32 AM
I'd wager it was a combination. If SF had the roster of a contender then he'd probably sacrifice a year at home for another ring.

I think it's pretty safe to say that Cowher isn't gonna go anywhere too far from home. Like he has mentioned before, he has missed out a ton on the life of their children, why would he leave now? Carolina or Washington would be the ideal places, and neither one of them are good enough to make a run at the NFC title game, much less the Superbowl.

He's NOT just gonna inherit a stocked and powerful team like everyone assumes he will, just so he can swoop in and try and win a title. It doesn't work that way for coaches. First off, those coaching spots are hardly ever vacant, and even then, why in the world would an owner bring in a guy who you know will only want to be there a year or two? It doesn't make sense at all. Cowher should either come back for good, or stay retired.

vidae
09-04-2008, 04:44 PM
People are seemingly overlooking the biggest weakness on the team in the analysis which is DT. Our starters are ok, but nothing special.

The minnesota game where they'll face one of the best interior lines in the NFL will be telling as to whether or not the team can be a true contender. I don't mind the team's chances, the schedule isn't that bad and the team went 7-9 with a far weaker offensive line and david carr at QB.

I was going to ask a KC fan, how is Johnston doing? I wanted him in Carolina with a late rounder but you guys snaffled him.

Personally, I've been really impressed with him. I was pleasantly surprised he was there in the 7th and this last game against the Rams he was doing a kickass job.

He made the 53 (as of today) and with some more practice/reps I think he could actually hold his own. I'm much higher on him than I am on Turk McBride, so I guess we'll see what happens.

TitanHope
09-04-2008, 05:58 PM
yikes dude. if you're gonna play with the big boys and make a 'truths' thread, ya kinda have to accept that people are gonna disagree with you at times. And they're not always gonna go out of their way to be nice about it.

Lol, since when do you have to be a "big boy" in order to post a NFL truths thread. I've seen a guy with less than 100 posts post one.

I didn't catch anything homeristic about BlindSite's OP. Homerism is ignorantly hyping up your favorite team. If a person can logically explain why he thinks something, then why does it matter if it's about his own team? It's just unfortunate that someone with nothing to add to the conversation has to come along, pick out everything BlindSite said about the Panthers, and force the homer glasses upon him. Just because he's a fan doesn't mean his opinion is biased and thus irrelevant in your eyes.

Besides, it's BlindSite's NFL Truths thread. Who cares if he makes a "NFL, NFC South, and the Carolina Panther's Truths" and half of it is about Carolina? Cuz if anyone can find the criteria of what these threads should be about, then ya might as well sticky it so no one else breaks the cardinal rule. Jeeez...

I'd say my sleeper pick for Comeback POTY is Jevon Kearse, but I'd probably be called a homer.

/rant

awfullyquiet
09-04-2008, 06:25 PM
you are a homer.

there?

that being said. blindsite, for as unrespectable as he can be when it comes to football (i'm sorry, i mean the carolina panthers, and the rest of the nfl), and how everything relates to them, didn't do a horrible job. I mean. Two steps up from GRF.

BlindSite
09-04-2008, 08:45 PM
Lol, since when do you have to be a "big boy" in order to post a NFL truths thread. I've seen a guy with less than 100 posts post one.

I didn't catch anything homeristic about BlindSite's OP. Homerism is ignorantly hyping up your favorite team. If a person can logically explain why he thinks something, then why does it matter if it's about his own team? It's just unfortunate that someone with nothing to add to the conversation has to come along, pick out everything BlindSite said about the Panthers, and force the homer glasses upon him. Just because he's a fan doesn't mean his opinion is biased and thus irrelevant in your eyes.

Besides, it's BlindSite's NFL Truths thread. Who cares if he makes a "NFL, NFC South, and the Carolina Panther's Truths" and half of it is about Carolina? Cuz if anyone can find the criteria of what these threads should be about, then ya might as well sticky it so no one else breaks the cardinal rule. Jeeez...

I'd say my sleeper pick for Comeback POTY is Jevon Kearse, but I'd probably be called a homer.

/rant

QFE

I like kearse but when was he last healthy for 16 games?

CC.SD
09-04-2008, 11:31 PM
you are a homer.

there?

that being said. blindsite, for as unrespectable as he can be when it comes to football (i'm sorry, i mean the carolina panthers, and the rest of the nfl), and how everything relates to them, didn't do a horrible job. I mean. Two steps up from GRF.

Two steps up from GRF is still a dis, if you ask me. You'd have to get at least 4 or 5 steps up to even get into neutral territory.

BlindSite
09-05-2008, 03:57 PM
I don't know who GRF is.

awfullyquiet
09-05-2008, 04:06 PM
Two steps up from GRF is still a dis, if you ask me. You'd have to get at least 4 or 5 steps up to even get into neutral territory.

I know. I know.

I mean. On the pure inept scale, IDD was possibly the greatest farce winner we have EVER seen. GRF included, imo. GRF just reached the stratosphere as far as antics and ridiculaisms.

CC.SD
09-05-2008, 04:17 PM
I know. I know.

I mean. On the pure inept scale, IDD was possibly the greatest farce winner we have EVER seen. GRF included, imo. GRF just reached the stratosphere as far as antics and ridiculaisms.

It was his pure relentless that really caught my eye. It just never stopped.

Kearse isn't a half bad pick for comeback player, if it happens. At the end of the day though, these guys have to come back first. Half the time a lot of people projected to win the award are just skipping along the path leading to their post-NFL lives.

Iamcanadian
09-05-2008, 10:39 PM
[QUOTE=BlindSite;1195093]Brett Favre will Flounder in New York
Brett Favre is coming out of a system tailor made to accentuate his strengths and hide his weaknesses. He had three talented receivers at the wide receiver position to throw to, a stable and young defense which helped to keep the team in the game and an offensive line with strong chemistry and solid youthful talent.

In New York every piece of his supporting cast is a step down from what it once was, he’ll be facing tougher opponents playing in the AFC and he’ll be adjusting to not only a new coaching staff and system but also to new receivers. All of this, without having the OTA’s, Mini-camps and Training camp to be acclimated to the team he has joined.

Brett Favre will do what he does best and that’s air it out, and it will lead to turnovers and a lost ball games for the Jets.

You could be right or just maybe Favre has something to prove and will be vitalized by the change. We'll just have to wait to see. I think it is too early to call although I think he will have some problems.

B]Julius Peppers will have a career year[/B]
[homer prediction]

Being it's his contract year, I'm also expecting a huge year out of Peppers.

Bill Cowher will return to football
As the head coach of the Cowboys. A lot of people might be surprised to see the coach of a division winning team fired, but the owner in Big D wants a ring and wants it pronto. He’s used every resource at his disposal to assemble one of the strongest units in the NFL and with the offseason additions it certainly looks to be one of the few teams that could knock the Patriots off their mantle as the NFL’s juggernaut. Wade Philips is a yes man, lame duck coach who though knowledgeable is never going to be a super bowl winning head man.

Bill Cowher will see the team, and have it sold to him, as a 34 defense with a strong running game, strong QB and excellent outside receivers. Exactly what any coach, with the ability, needs to win a super bowl. This team mirrors a lot of what the Steelers were in the 05 season and Cowher will see it as his chance to get another ring. Of course, the massive salary package Jones will throw his way, won’t hurt matters.

Iffy, IMO but not impossible.

Here I disagree. New Orleans has to be the favourite to win the Division as long as Brees shows up for the 1st 4 games. Their offense should be vastly improved with both Shockey and Meachum. They are clearly a pass 1st team so I don't think their running game will slow them down.
2nd place should be a battle between Carolina and Tampa and one of them has a shot at a playoff wild card.

Derek Anderson will come crashing back to earth
In 2007 the Browns managed to beat the Bengals, Ravens, Dolphins, Rams, Seahawks, Texans, Jets, Bills, and the 49ers. The Seahawks are the only playoff team of the group and with the exception of the Texans and maybe the Bills, none of the other teams are expected to return there this year. Derek Anderson launched a lot of touchdowns but also showed a big propensity to turn the ball over, all the while not showing the certain moxie or accuracy of other gunslingers in the league like Romo or Favre. Anderson was a serviceable role player at a time when the waters of schedule were fairly calm and the supporting cast was finally healthy. This year the schedule will take a definite turn for the more difficult and they’re unlikely to fair as well as last year despite the team’s defensive improvements.

For the Browns organization and team, the best move they can make will be to play Quinn sooner rather than later and I believe that this year we’ll likely see Quinn take the start, whether it be through injury or otherwise and Anderson moved in the offseason in a trade.

Anderson could indeed take a step backwards, it wouldn't be all that unusual. However I question whether Quinn will ever beat out Anderson as he's a bit over hyped IMO. I think the schedule will be the main reason why Cleveland slips a little.

Drew Stanton Will Be Given a Shot
Drew Stanton wasn’t drafted to warm the bench forever and the Detroit franchise, as inept as it seems to be, needs to realize that for the organization to move forward they’ll eventually need to develop a QB. Despite Dan Orlovsky’s man love for starting incumbent Jon Kitna he isn’t the long term answer and the team’s subpar defensive and offensive lines means that despite the brilliant receiving corps the team isn’t built to be overly competitive in their division. I expect to see Stanton in the starting lineup sometime between weeks 8-16 after the playoff hopes of the team are extinguished. Whether or not he will thrive is another issue. I like Stanton as a prospect but I don’t see the team around him as being ready to adequately support a young signal caller to successful places.

Detroit hasn't won a playoff game in over 50+ years and the last time they had a franchise QB was also 50+ years. Nothing will ever change in Detroit with Dumb(Matt Millen) and dumber(Ford) heading up the organization. They haven't a clue how to rebuild the franchise and Dumber actually thinks Dumb is doing a good job. Stanton is injured again so I'm not sure he'll get any playing time this season and I'm really not expecting a whole lot from him when he does play.

Ben Roethlisberger will be in the mix for the MVP award
Last year Roethlisberger was one of the NFL’s better quarterbacks, and he did so quietly escaping the notice of many members of the media due to the Moss and Brady show in New England. Though this year he is facing a tougher schedule he’ll be required to lift his game to new heights to make up for what I believe will be an unexpectedly weak running game. His receiving group has improved leaps and bounds with the continuing emergence of Heath Miller and Santonio Holmes not to mention the incumbent Hines Ward and new arrival, Limas Sweed. He definitely has the weapons to succeed in Tomlin’s offense and should he remain healthy the Steelers will win against tough opponents giving Roethlisberger more exposure, more spotlight and bankable stats.

I cannot disagree with you here. Roethlisberger is underrated and ready for a big season.

Predictions:

OROY: Chris Johnson --- Possible but McFadden should probably win it. Runner-Up: Matt Ryan ---a lot of rookie RB's will challenge for this spot.
DROY: Chris Long --- LB's on miserable teams have won it the last 2 years so I suppose Rivers is the top candidate followed by perhaps Loften.
Runner-Up: Keith Rivers

MVP: Ben Roethlisberger
Runner-Up: Adrian Petersen ---If Peterson stays healthy enabling Minny to make the playoffs, then I'd rate him #1. However he hasn't had a healthy year for the last 3 seasons.
DPOY: DeMarcus Ware ---My money is on him as well.
Runner-Up: Patrick Willis ---Only if San Fran has a surprise season.

Comeback Player of the Year: Jake Delhomme ---Definitely my choice if he stays healthy all year.

AFC East: New England Patriots ---I'm still waiting to see just how healthy Brady is before putting my money on them.

AFC South: Indianapolis Colts ---Ditti for the Colts and Peyton.

AFC North: Pittsburgh Steelers ---No argument here.

AFC West: San Diego Chargers ---Not a Turner fan and with Merriman hurting, they could go down.

Wild Card: Houston Texans ---Have a real shot IMO.

Wild Card: Jacksonville Jaguars ---I think Houston will give them a good run. Not completely sold on Garrard as the real deal.

NFC East: Dallas Cowboys ---No argument here although I'd like to see them win a playoff game.

NFC South: Tampa Bay Buccaneers --- Have a real shot but I believe it will be New Orleans

NFC North: Minnesota Vikings ---Only if Peterson can stay healthy.

NFC West: Seattle Seahawks ---no argument.

Wild Card: New York Giants ---SB jinx and injuries will make them miss the playoffs, so likely the Eagles take their place if McNabb can have a healthy season.

Wild Card: Carolina Panthers ---while I think New Orleans will take the Division, Tampa Bay and Carolina should battle it out for 1 playoff spot.

Since usually 6-8 new teams make the playoffs every year. We could see a few more surprises.

BaLLiN
09-17-2008, 07:14 PM
Wild Card: New York Giants ---SB jinx and injuries will make them miss the playoffs, so likely the Eagles take their place if McNabb can have a healthy season.

how the heck do you predict injuries and a jinx?

we had plenty injuries last year, we had plax injured basically the whole season but played like at 75%, shockey OFS, Kiwi OFS, madison and ross injured late in the season and playoffs, Butler played injured as well, jacobs and ward were injured alot and ward was OFS after mid season.

it could get worse, but we have more depth this year then last year at MOST positions.

Gay Ork Wang
09-18-2008, 08:24 AM
where do all the people get the SB jinx from. Giants WON the SB they didnt lose

brat316
03-30-2009, 07:47 PM
Just wanted to look back on the Truth threads. BlindSite made pretty good predictions.

CC.SD
03-30-2009, 10:15 PM
Hooray for resurrecting the thread that originally predicted Jake Long for DROY. :D

Good calls on some of these though, I must give it up and rep.

BlindSite
03-31-2009, 04:16 AM
Just wanted to look back on the Truth threads. BlindSite made pretty good predictions.

Thanks, I did my best

wicket
03-31-2009, 04:54 AM
Thanks, I did my best

you did well, to well for my liking (mainly regarding the saints bit)