Gay Ork Wang
09-03-2008, 12:48 PM
yay ranked higher than the Lions

Turtlepower
09-03-2008, 12:48 PM
It is going to be sad when the Cowboys lose to Cleveland in week 1. =P

fenikz
09-03-2008, 12:49 PM
...we dropped 4 places by switching from Leinart to Warner?

that make 0 sense to me

Turtlepower
09-03-2008, 12:51 PM
...we dropped 4 places by switching from Warner to Leinart?

that make 0 sense to me

The Saints moved up 5 spots by being hit by a hurricane. That is what makes the least sense.

abaddon41_80
09-03-2008, 01:02 PM

that make 0 sense to me

That made me laugh so hard.

I also laughed at the 49ers getting a last place vote

Bruce Banner
09-03-2008, 01:05 PM
I don't agree with Tennessee being that high.

NY+Giants=NYG
09-03-2008, 01:13 PM
8th huh? Good, I hope the players are pinning in this in the lockeroom.

DragonFireKai
09-03-2008, 01:14 PM

that make 0 sense to me

Look at how Leinart played last season, then look how Warner played. It might theoretically be a good move for the future of the team, but it's gonna hurt them in the short run.

DragonFireKai
09-03-2008, 01:15 PM
8th huh? Good, I hope the players are pinning in this in the lockeroom.

Right next to a picture of Michael Strahan and the shattered remains of Osi?

Bruce Banner
09-03-2008, 01:18 PM

Eli's newly found bravado is enough to offset any personnel hits they will take.

:rolleyes:

Honestly the guy walks around with the biggest smirk on his face like he was the main reason they won it all.

Smooth Criminal
09-03-2008, 01:19 PM
I agree with most of them. I think the Saints and Cowboys are too high and the Eagles are too low.

bantx
09-03-2008, 01:22 PM
Eli's newly found bravado is enough to offset any personnel hits they will take.

Honestly the guy walks around with the biggest smirk on his face like he was the main reason they won it all.

Did u watch any of their playoff games? Eli was the reason they won it all...lol

Bruce Banner
09-03-2008, 01:24 PM
Did u watch any of their playoff games? Eli was the reason they won it all...lol

I guess the legendary passrush they carried to the playoffs didn't mean anything.

bantx
09-03-2008, 01:27 PM
I guess the legendary passrush they carried to the playoffs didn't mean anything.

i read ur thing wrong i thought u said eli won it all when the defense had a big part just ignore my statement lol

vidae
09-03-2008, 01:27 PM
Sweet, Chiefs aren't last!

Bruce Banner
09-03-2008, 01:28 PM
i read ur thing wrong i thought u said eli won it all when the defense had a big part just ignore my statement lol

Good choice.

(You're also a member of the IHEMC, you should be helping me!)

CC.SD
09-03-2008, 01:32 PM

Would that be a picture of Osi's shattered remains, or do they actually have his mangled body stashed in the locker room?

Bolts #2 but I guarantee the hammer will drop when we have a tough time stopping Carolina's running game.

bantx
09-03-2008, 01:39 PM
Would that be a picture of Osi's shattered remains, or do they actually have his mangled body stashed in the locker room?

Bolts #2 but I guarantee the hammer will drop when we have a tough time stopping Carolina's running game.

Yeah our run defense isnt looking too great right now

andddd who made u that VJ sig i cant let another Charger wear a sig like that..no offense to whoever made it :P ill make u one soon

Bruce Banner
09-03-2008, 01:41 PM
Yeah our run defense isnt looking too great right now

andddd who made u that VJ sig i cant let another Charger wear a sig like that..no offense to whoever made it :P ill make u one soon

He made it.

Having some fun.

bantx
09-03-2008, 01:44 PM
Good choice.

(You're also a member of the IHEMC, you should be helping me!)

yeah i knowww i just read ur thing wrong lol i thought u said eli was the reason he won, im like one of the biggest Eli hater ever

eaglesalltheway
09-03-2008, 01:46 PM
I agree with most of them. I think the Saints and Cowboys are too high and the Eagles are too low.

The Saints are a little high, but when you consider this is the power rankings as of this week, the Boys are where they should be. I think the Eagles should be a little higher, but maybe only two. Not that I don't think they are that good. But as of now we are going off of power rankings, which have a lot to do with last season and our off-season, so i can see why the Eagles are where they are. I'm sure Mosely though had us at like 20 or something, despite what his comment says, he is an Eagle hater.

NY+Giants=NYG
09-03-2008, 02:03 PM

Right, but we don't need to replace them, just mitigate the loss as best we can. Same thing people said about Tiki retiring, who was more than half of our offense. We don't need 1 player to replace him, we just needed to mitigate the loss, which we did with 3 RBs. Now with Osi gone, we plug in Kiwi and Tuck, and will try to mitigate the loss by blitzing more, and using different defensive fronts.

Furthermore, we have all our coaches back AND this is another year for our defense in this system, and another year for our offense under Gilbride.

CC.SD
09-03-2008, 02:06 PM
http://www.18to88.com/Articles/lost.htm

That's a far more entertaining ranking.

NY+Giants=NYG
09-03-2008, 02:07 PM

What Eli Manning are you watching? If he is smiling it's because the media finally is off his back. Not to mention the NY fans too. So that's probably a big thorn out of his side. Other than that, he is the same no expression Eli. He is, from his interviews, more relaxed which is expected after winning the superbowl.

BeerBaron
09-03-2008, 02:07 PM
yay ranked higher than the Lions

its sad that the biggest hope of all Bears fans is that they at least do better than the Lions this year, lol

Gay Ork Wang
09-03-2008, 02:16 PM
haha i loved the lost ranking

abaddon41_80
09-03-2008, 02:27 PM
haha i loved the lost ranking

The Star Wars one last year was better

Turtlepower
09-03-2008, 02:30 PM
The LOST ranking was amazing.

The Giants as Sayid is awesome!!!!

Burns336
09-03-2008, 02:37 PM
The Saints are a little high, but when you consider this is the power rankings as of this week, the Boys are where they should be. I think the Eagles should be a little higher, but maybe only two. Not that I don't think they are that good. But as of now we are going off of power rankings, which have a lot to do with last season and our off-season, so i can see why the Eagles are where they are. I'm sure Mosely though had us at like 20 or something, despite what his comment says, he is an Eagle hater.

I hate Mosely... I understand he tries to be "objective" when talking about the cowboys, but really he just underrates everything about the team and follows mainstream media ******** (Tony & Jess, TO explosion, Etc.)

He goes out of his way to bash stuff now just so he doesn't look like a homer, even though the majority of his articles are cowboy related. I would say more than not they are criticle of the team.

Aikman tends to do the same on air. But still bleeds the homer silver and blue in interviews.

Burns336
09-03-2008, 02:39 PM
its sad that the biggest hope of all Bears fans is that they at least do better than the Lions this year, lol

One of my best friends is the biggest Bear Homer on the planet and truely believes a first round bye is in the works. Not to mention 20 total touch downs for hester. and the most dominating D ever. Plus PB performance from Forte.

Gay Ork Wang
09-03-2008, 02:47 PM
well if all that works out we might see a first round bye haha

CC.SD
09-03-2008, 02:52 PM
The LOST ranking was amazing.

The Giants as Sayid is awesome!!!!

Between Star Wars last year and Lost this year, the Chargers have been Darth Vader and the Smoke Monster. Dig it.

Gay Ork Wang
09-03-2008, 02:53 PM
where is the star wars one from last year

CC.SD
09-03-2008, 02:57 PM
where is the star wars one from last year

http://www.18to88.com/Articles/starwars2007.htm

btw your name is sooooo disturbing. However, you love VMars, so I cherish your existence.

Gay Ork Wang
09-03-2008, 03:27 PM
You know whats really disturbing? Its my real name

BeerBaron
09-03-2008, 04:11 PM
One of my best friends is the biggest Bear Homer on the planet and truely believes a first round bye is in the works. Not to mention 20 total touch downs for hester. and the most dominating D ever. Plus PB performance from Forte.

well if all that works out we might see a first round bye haha

we would probably need all that to work and then some, lol

Not going to be a pretty year for the Bears. I'm hoping our D can at least be good enough to keep us out of the top 10 picks but I don't even count on that....

Gay Ork Wang
09-03-2008, 04:15 PM
No i mean if we have a pro bowl RB, a scoring machine and the best defense ever we would get the first round bye :P

not gonna happen. Not even one of them

yo123
09-03-2008, 04:18 PM
That made me laugh so hard.

I also laughed at the 49ers getting a last place vote

What is there to laugh at? JT O'Sullivan is your QB and you have a brutal offensive line. You definetly could be picking first in 2009.

Bruce Banner
09-03-2008, 04:20 PM
What is there to laugh at? JT O'Sullivan is your QB and you have a brutal offensive line. You definetly could be picking first in 2009.

You underestimate Mike Martz's genius.

See: Detroit Lions 2006-7

(To all of those that don't see it, this is sarcasm)

Gay Ork Wang
09-03-2008, 04:22 PM
You underestimate Mike Martz's genius.

See: Detroit Lions 2006-7
Idk they still sucked

Bruce Banner
09-03-2008, 04:24 PM
see Detroit Lions before 2006

"In 2006, his first season, the passing game improved considerably, ranking 7th overall behind unheralded QB Jon Kitna, who had his first 4,000-yard season at age 34. Yet Martz's near obsession with the pass tended to leave quarterbacks vulnerable and running backs poorly utilized, and was a big factor in the Lions allowing more sacks than all but one other team, ranking dead last in rushing, and having the third-most turnovers in the league. Detroit lost its first five games with Martz and finished 3-13 in his first season as coordinator."

Still ******.

comahan
09-03-2008, 04:26 PM
So the reason Houston is way down there is because we're in a tough division...? What does the division, or where we finish in the division have to do with power rankings? Power Rankings have nothing to do with that at all.

I wouldnt argue with the spot if theyd have simply said "The Secondary Sucks", or something. But nooooo.

Bruce Banner
09-03-2008, 04:27 PM
So the reason Houston is way down there is because we're in a tough division...? What does the division, or where we finish in the division have to do with power rankings? Power Rankings have nothing to do with that at all.

Thinking the same thing comahan.

Doesn't really matter, Power rankings "are for casual fans and children".

d34ng3l021
09-03-2008, 04:36 PM
Power rankings are dumb. Who cares what other people think?

CC.SD
09-03-2008, 04:37 PM
You know whats really disturbing? Its my real name

I LAWLd big time.

abaddon41_80
09-03-2008, 08:08 PM

I admit that I don't know what to expect from JTO, even though all three quarterbacks that Martz has fielded that were given a year to sit in his offense had a passer rating of 100+, but that doesn't change the facts that the offensive line is much better than people give it credit for and the defense is pretty good

"In 2006, his first season, the passing game improved considerably, ranking 7th overall behind unheralded QB Jon Kitna, who had his first 4,000-yard season at age 34. Yet Martz's near obsession with the pass tended to leave quarterbacks vulnerable and running backs poorly utilized, and was a big factor in the Lions allowing more sacks than all but one other team, ranking dead last in rushing, and having the third-most turnovers in the league. Detroit lost its first five games with Martz and finished 3-13 in his first season as coordinator."

TBH The 49ers have a much better offensive line than the Lions did in 2006 and the running backs are so much more capable it is shameful

yo123
09-03-2008, 09:59 PM
I admit that I don't know what to expect from JTO, even though all three quarterbacks that Martz has fielded that were given a year to sit in his offense had a passer rating of 100+, but that doesn't change the facts that the offensive line is much better than people give it credit for and the defense is pretty good

TBH The 49ers have a much better offensive line than the Lions did in 2006 and the running backs are so much more capable it is shameful

Even if JTO proves to be decent, with Martz in charge get ready for a maddening lack of carries for Gore.

skinzzfan25
09-03-2008, 10:04 PM
Fair assessment of the Skins I guess. The last two preformances did put some doubt into my mind but I think we're better than 19th.

fenikz
09-04-2008, 02:05 AM
Look at how Leinart played last season, then look how Warner played. It might theoretically be a good move for the future of the team, but it's gonna hurt them in the short run.

...what, either you really screwed up your sentences or are lacking common logic

DragonFireKai
09-04-2008, 02:27 AM
...what, either you really screwed up your sentences or are lacking common logic

Leinart threw 2 TDs, 4 INTs, and completed 54% of his passes.

Warner thew 27 TDs, 17 INTs, and completed 62% of his passes.

You could make the argument that a couple of seasons down the road, this will pay off for the Cards. But if you think that Leinart gives the Cardinals a better chance of winning THIS season, you have lost you mind.

Bengalsrocket
09-04-2008, 02:35 AM
Leinart threw 2 TDs, 4 INTs, and completed 54% of his passes.

Warner thew 27 TDs, 17 INTs, and completed 62% of his passes.

You could make the argument that a couple of seasons down the road, this will pay off for the Cards. But if you think that Leinart gives the Cardinals a better chance of winning THIS season, you have lost you mind.

you just said it backwards bro, thats all. You meant to say that it would be a good move for right now to have Warner play, but its gonna hurt them in the long run.

Meaning, Warner is the better player atm, but he's definitely not the future for any team due to his age.

Edit: or at least I think that's the message you're trying to convey - I'm certainly not trying to put words in your mouth... or rather your post :P

DragonFireKai
09-04-2008, 02:37 AM
you just said it backwards bro, thats all. You meant to say that it would be a good move for right now, but its gonna hurt them in the long run.

Meaning, Warner is the better player atm, but he's definetly not the future for any team due to his age.

In the first post, I was talking about the move to switch Warner for Leinart. Playing Leinart instead of Warner will hurt the team next season, which is the short run.

Bengalsrocket
09-04-2008, 02:40 AM
In the first post, I was talking about the move to switch Warner for Leinart. Playing Leinart instead of Warner will hurt the team next season, which is the short run.

but they're not playing Leinart instead of Warner. Its the exact opposite. Leinart just lost the starting job a couple of days ago. And if Leinart isn't starting wouldn't they move UP in ranking, considering Warner is the better player?

I think there is just one big confusion on how the original statement was read.

DragonFireKai
09-04-2008, 02:44 AM
but they're not playing Leinart instead of Warner. Its the exact opposite. Leinart just lost the starting job a couple of days ago. And if Leinart isn't starting wouldn't they move UP in ranking, considering Warner is the better player?

I think there is just one big confusion on how the original statement was read.

I was going off of the post I quoted. He wanted to know why the cardinals dropped in the rankings after switching Kurt Warner for Matt Leinart.

Bengalsrocket
09-04-2008, 02:48 AM
I was going off of the post I quoted. He wanted to know why the cardinals dropped in the rankings after switching Kurt Warner for Matt Leinart.

I'm sorry, you're right. He did word it wrong:

that make 0 sense to me

But the actual text from the website is the exact opposite:

The Arizona Cardinals, who recently named Kurt Warner the starting quarterback over Matt Leinart, dropped four places from No. 17 to No. 21.

abaddon41_80
09-04-2008, 07:25 AM
Even if JTO proves to be decent, with Martz in charge get ready for a maddening lack of carries for Gore.

We'll see. I think he will get at least around 250 carries which is enough to keep him fresh and gain between 1200-1400 yards. He will also get at least 60 catches.