PDA

View Full Version : Homers Anonymous

ammandss
09-03-2008, 02:15 PM
Hi my login is ammandss and I'm a homer.

The first step to not being a homer is to admit you have a problem. This thread can serve for all those homer posters who need to become unbiased.

I always post stuff fluffing up Virginia players even though Eugene Monroe is amazing :)

Here is an opportunity for all you homers to admit it and then claim the random scrub on your team will go #1 in the 2009 draft.

** inspired by the 'Best defensive players' thread **

Turtlepower
09-03-2008, 02:17 PM
Eugene Monroe is amazing, so you shouldn't be upset.

Also, Rudy Carpenter is the best QB in the nation regardless of college or NFL.

ccB
09-03-2008, 02:18 PM
I neg rep people who talk bad about my baby boy Darrius Heyward-Bey.

Bruce Banner
09-03-2008, 02:19 PM
I neg rep people who talk bad about my baby boy Darrius Heyward-Bey.

He better be a Buc in 09.

Shane P. Hallam
09-03-2008, 02:39 PM
I am probably gonna prop up Lawrence Wilson and Marcus Freeman a lot :(

Bruce Banner
09-03-2008, 02:42 PM

Whats the story on Freeman, Bond?

Wasn't he a mike LB in high school but has played outside at OSU?

Highly touted right?

Sniper
09-03-2008, 03:39 PM
I will likely be the biggest Donovan Warren nutrider this year and next year . Get over it.

Michigan
09-03-2008, 04:02 PM
Morgan Trent will be a top 10 pick this year... but if he isn't every GM in the NFL is a moron.

Bruce Banner
09-03-2008, 04:03 PM
Will Sam McGuffie reach Jordy Nelson status?

BamaFalcon59
09-03-2008, 04:12 PM
Ok.

Macho Harris is the best, at worst second best, corner in the draft. But he can play man and zone, not just zone. He's fast. Athletic. Quick. Playmaker. Great ball skills. Return man. Can play offense.

Kam Chancellor is the top junior safety in the NCAA. Freak of nature. Blast hitter. Freak of nature. He had a bad game last week. Six missed tackles. But that was an anomaly.

Tyrod Taylor is like syrup to pancakes.

Sergio Render is the top junior guard in the nation. Great build, freshman all american as a true freshman, great run blocker.

Ed Wang is a top 10 left tackle prospect this year, maybe top five. Former tight end with a ton of potential and athleticism for his size.

Jason Worilds will be the next freak defensive end.

John Graves will be a top two rounds type of player.

Purnell Sturdivant is like 5'11" at LB. But he has 2% body fat. No exaggeration. May get a look at SS in the NFL.

Darren Evans is Emmitt Smith v.2.0.

Greg Boone is an absolute monster. 6'3" 285 4.6-4.7 tight end who lines up at RB/ FB/ TE/ WR. Played QB and S in highschool at almost 260.

I left out true freshman and a bunch of other guys.

Bruce Banner
09-03-2008, 04:15 PM
Bama, lets just assume less than half of the players projected to be gods actually become that good.

Whoops, forgot the thread title.

Tyrod Taylor is like syrup to pancakes.

I prefer the Cat's pajamas or the Bee's knees, but to each his own.

Shane P. Hallam
09-03-2008, 05:09 PM
Whats the story on Freeman, Bond?

Wasn't he a mike LB in high school but has played outside at OSU?

Highly touted right?

Yup, he played Inside in High School. OSU needed more OLBs at the time, so they moved him out though. He had good lateral movement and pretty decent cover skills, both of which have been improved.

He was a 4 star coming out of HS, and he is a playmaker first and foremost. He still needs to work on his fundamentals, but he definitely has a chance to make a big impact. He could definitely work out well and move into the early 2nd or so.

Bruce Banner
09-03-2008, 05:12 PM
Yup, he played Inside in High School. OSU needed more OLBs at the time, so they moved him out though. He had good lateral movement and pretty decent cover skills, both of which have been improved.

He was a 4 star coming out of HS, and he is a playmaker first and foremost. He still needs to work on his fundamentals, but he definitely has a chance to make a big impact. He could definitely work out well and move into the early 2nd or so.

Thanks.........

09-03-2008, 05:15 PM
Joe McKnight is the next Reggie Bush. Period . :)

Shane P. Hallam
09-03-2008, 05:16 PM
So, he'll be a WR in the NFL? Lol

BamaFalcon59
09-03-2008, 05:32 PM
Joe McKnight is the next Reggie Bush. Period . :)

Reggie Bush would have never been hawked by Vonte Davis.

But yeah, McKnight is good.

CashmoneyDrew
09-03-2008, 05:32 PM
Eric Berry would be the first safety chosen in this year's draft if he were eligible....

themaninblack
09-03-2008, 06:08 PM
Dannel Ellerbe is Odell Thurman part two.

Minus the character concerns, that is.

Cribbs>Hester
09-03-2008, 06:11 PM

So? Lawrence Wilson is good. He has all the talent and skills to be a 1st round DE. It is the other Ohio State players like James Laurinaitis, Malcolm Jenkins, Chris Wells, Brain Robiskie, Alex Boone, Steve Rehring, Donald Washington, Kurt Coleman, and Anderson Russell who are overrated. Oh not to mention that bafoon Jim Heacock...most overrated defensive coordinator ever!

Lawrence Wilson is a beast though.

Brent
09-03-2008, 06:16 PM
I am going to talk up Jeff Fuller until he graduates.

Sniper
09-03-2008, 06:24 PM
So? Lawrence Wilson is good. He has all the talent and skills to be a 1st round DE. It is the other Ohio State players like James Laurinaitis, Malcolm Jenkins, Chris Wells, Brain Robiskie, Alex Boone, Steve Rehring, Donald Washington, Kurt Coleman, and Anderson Russell who are overrated. Oh not to mention that bafoon Jim Heacock...most overrated defensive coordinator ever!

Lawrence Wilson is a beast though.

James Laurinaitis: Definitely overrated
Malcolm Jenkins: Rated just right
Chris Wells: Best back in the country
Brian Robiskie: Most underrated WR in the country
Alex Boone: Overrated
Steve Rehring: Overrated
Donald Washington: Overrated by Buckeye fans
Kurt Coleman: No one talks about him
Anderson Russell: No one talks about him

Sniper
09-03-2008, 06:25 PM
Eric Berry would be the first safety chosen in this year's draft if he were eligible....

I wouldn't say that's too homerish....

If Obi Ezeh keeps getting 15 tackles and a pick per game, you better believe I'm going to remind you how awesome he is.

scottyboy
09-03-2008, 06:41 PM
i let every other one of my posts speak for my homerism.

In fact, I'll restrain from it in this post! HAHA Courtney Greene>>>Ronnie Lott

Sniper
09-03-2008, 06:51 PM
i let every other one of my posts speak for my homerism.

In fact, I'll restrain from it in this post! HAHA Courtney Greene>>>Ronnie Lott

Nicely done with the hidden homerism. I got you a prize for it.

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/football/ncaa_blog/rutgers.jpg

SeanTaylorRIP
09-03-2008, 07:02 PM
Derrius Heyward Bey and Vontae Davis are my two top prospects in the draft, try arguing with me. Oh and yeah you can put Euguene Monroe 3rd.

Bruce Banner
09-03-2008, 07:04 PM
Derrius Heyward Bey and Vontae Davis are my two top prospects in the draft, try arguing with me. Oh and yeah you can put Euguene Monroe 3rd.

STrip, I am really interested in DHB.

Who would YOU compare him to?

Good chance at being a #1?

BamaFalcon59
09-03-2008, 07:30 PM
STrip, I am really interested in DHB.

Who would YOU compare him to?

Good chance at being a #1?

Just my opinion, but I think he ends up like Javon Walker.

Talking the 2004 Green Bay Javon Walker, not the injury prone one.

TACKLE
09-03-2008, 09:58 PM
Hey SNIPER, Don't forget about Ray Rice and his Juicy thighs.

http://newnfldraft.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/ray-rice.jpg

Sniper
09-03-2008, 10:21 PM
Hey SNIPER, Don't forget about Ray Rice and his Juicy thighs.

http://newnfldraft.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/ray-rice.jpg

T2FL is crying at that picture.

Bruce Banner
09-03-2008, 10:29 PM

Selvie looks small. (Compared to most D-linemen.)

Tampa 2 4 life
09-03-2008, 10:37 PM
I am ignoring the above pictures because George Selvie just walked on water.

holt_bruce81
09-03-2008, 10:45 PM
Sean Weatherspoon is the best Outside Linebacker in college football.

scottyboy
09-03-2008, 10:49 PM

And I, jerking off

d34ng3l021
09-04-2008, 12:01 AM
I am not really a homer, but I will be riding Matthew Stafford and Chris Well's nuts come draft time.

I think Chris Wells is going to be ridiculous in the NFL. He will take the league by storm (maybe not as much as AD though). I expect a 1200 yard season in his rookie year. Maybe more.

holt_bruce81
09-04-2008, 12:18 AM
And I, jerking off

Yea we know, but still......TMI

SuperKevin
09-04-2008, 12:44 AM
I'm a big fan of Damion Fletcher of Southern Miss. Nobody runs as hard as he does for his size. If he was 15 lbs heavier he'd get 1st round consideration.

Paranoidmoonduck
09-04-2008, 01:33 AM
I am a huge Alex Mack fan. If I were to disregard position value, I think he would challenge for best lineman in college football. I love everything about his game.

Sniper
09-04-2008, 05:59 AM
Selvie looks small. (Compared to most D-linemen.)

Well he's only listed between 240 and 245, so that may be why.

I am not really a homer, but I will be riding Matthew Stafford and Chris Well's nuts come draft time.

Learn to use apostrophes in plural words. It's a huge plus. However, I agree that Chris Wells is the ****, even though he plays for OSU.

Caddy
09-04-2008, 06:02 AM
I don't really have a favourite college team so I don't have a favourite prospect yet. But I'm sure come draft time I'll be over-inflated some short speedsters stock ala DeSean Jackson from last draft.

d34ng3l021
09-04-2008, 06:28 AM

Learn to use apostrophes in plural words. It's a huge plus. However, I agree that Chris Wells is the ****, even though he plays for OSU.

Come on SNIPER. play nice.

Sniper
09-04-2008, 06:37 AM
Come on SNIPER. play nice.

You know I'm a huge grammar nazi. It bothers me to no end when I see spelling mistakes, and especially such common ones like that.

Anyways, carry on.

DragonFireKai
09-04-2008, 06:47 AM
Sammie Stroughter is the greatest Reciever in the whole wide history of Recieving. The return skills of Devin Hester welded to a reciever who actually knows how to run routes and catch the ball. He will crush all who stand before him, leaving a trail of shattered Defensive Backs in his blood stained wake. Kill yourselves now, before he sets his baleful gave upon you!

eaglesalltheway
09-04-2008, 07:11 AM
^Winner^...

eaglesalltheway
09-04-2008, 07:12 AM
As for my homer predicition... Both PSU two main RBs will end u pbeing first round picks in the NFL. Evan Roystaer is a psycho and Stephon Green will murder your children. (Figuratively of course)

draftguru151
09-04-2008, 08:54 AM
I am a huge Alex Mack fan. If I were to disregard position value, I think he would challenge for best lineman in college football. I love everything about his game.

Get away, he's mine. :D

ammandss
09-04-2008, 09:01 AM
STEP 1: Admitted you are a homer.
STEP 2: Learning from your homerism.

Things I learned:

1) DHB will eat Randy Moss and use his femur as a toothpick.
2) Cadillac is a Percy harvin fan.
3) Half of Draft Countdown has a man crush on Mack.
4) Selvie needs Extenze.
5) And Eugene Monroe would be drafted #1 overall even if a pelican plucked out his eyeballs.

Also, I might as well expand on my homerism.
1) Monroe will be a top 5 pick.
2) Clint Sintim will be the next Ware/Merriman at 3-4 OLB (even I couldn't keep a straight face on that one).
3) Cedric Peerman will be a surprise riser this season.
4) Will Barker will be an early first rounder in 2010 at tackle.
5) John Phillips is the man and will be a great TE in the NFL.

Sniper
09-04-2008, 09:39 AM

Things I learned:

4) Selvie needs Extenze.
5) And Eugene Monroe would be drafted #1 overall even if a pelican plucked out his eyeballs.
6) Donovan Warren is the greatest corner in the history of college football after Charles Woodson (Blessed be His name)

Added #6 for you

MetSox17
09-04-2008, 09:55 AM
Brian Orakpo, Sergio Kindle, Rod Muckelroy, Lamar Houston, Eddie Jones, Curtis Brown and Deon Beasley, all will be first rounders.

Of course that's outside of Colt McCoy and Vondrell McGee :D

Tampa 2 4 life
09-04-2008, 10:59 AM

He's up to 260 this year.

Cribbs>Hester
09-04-2008, 11:25 AM

Things I learned:

4) Selvie needs Extenze.

Also, I might as well expand on my homerism.
1) Monroe will be a top 5 pick.
2) Clint Sintim will be the next Ware/Merriman at 3-4 OLB (even I couldn't keep a straight face on that one).
3) Cedric Peerman will be a surprise riser this season.
4) Will Barker will be an early first rounder in 2010 at tackle.
5) John Phillips is the man and will be a great TE in the NFL.

I've watched a lot of Clint Sintim play last year when watching Chris Long and the game this year. I think he's a very good football player and can be a good 34 OLB in the NFL. I don't know why you made the comments at the end that you did, but I'd like to know more about what you think of Clint Sintim as I'm very intersted in him for my Cleveland Browns. Do you not think he's a very good player, or is it that you were talking about the extreme exaggeration in your statement about Ware/Merriman?

Sniper
09-04-2008, 11:54 AM

I don't doubt that, but in that picture, he was LB size.

Paranoidmoonduck
09-05-2008, 12:52 AM

We'll see. An SI article on him last season quotes him saying that he struggled to even keep at 235 lbs. I'd be shocked to see him weigh in at 260 after this season is up.

Bruce Banner
09-05-2008, 12:53 AM
We'll see. An SI article on him last season quotes him saying that he struggled to even keep at 235 lbs. I'd be shocked to see him weigh in at 260 after this season is up.

Edge rusher anyone?

ammandss
09-05-2008, 09:27 AM
I've watched a lot of Clint Sintim play last year when watching Chris Long and the game this year. I think he's a very good football player and can be a good 34 OLB in the NFL. I don't know why you made the comments at the end that you did, but I'd like to know more about what you think of Clint Sintim as I'm very intersted in him for my Cleveland Browns. Do you not think he's a very good player, or is it that you were talking about the extreme exaggeration in your statement about Ware/Merriman?

I love Sintim and I think he'll be a great pro, especially at a 3-4 OLB position but right now and in the past three seasons he doesn't have the burst of Merriman or Ware, or even Darryl Blackstock yet.

However, on the other hand, Sintim has dropped his weight from above 255 to the low 240s this season and could gain that explosiveness that he lacked. Also, he is good friends (and former roommate) of Chris Long and they were both workout machines. If the weight loss means the extra step he's been missing then he can be awesome... or he can be the next Blackstock (with less pass rushing skill but more muscle).

SeanTaylorRIP
09-06-2008, 10:40 PM
Evan Royster is my new mancrush.

giantsfan
09-06-2008, 11:21 PM
Tim Tebow would actually be given ownership of the NFL for pure godliness if he weren't mildly tarded. Hopefully he never goes full ******.

The Knicks won't suck!!!!!!!!

And ZBo will learn to pass...

Sniper
09-07-2008, 08:04 AM
The Knicks won't suck!!!!!!!!

There's homerism, and there's crossing the line. You crossed the line ;)

Brent
09-07-2008, 08:25 AM
Jerrod Johnson will play in the NFL and will be a starting QB.

draftguru151
09-07-2008, 10:12 AM
Anthony Reddick>you.

Sniper
09-07-2008, 10:13 AM
Anthony Reddick<Donovan Warren.

Fixed it for you.

draftguru151
09-07-2008, 10:18 AM
comahan[GO-MIAMI]: superman might wear tebow pajamas, but dammit, he wears cooper briefs

scottyboy
09-07-2008, 10:30 AM
Ray Rice will set the single season rushing record. Today

ManOverboard
09-08-2008, 04:28 PM
Ray Rice will set the single season rushing record. Today

On his first carry.

CC.SD
09-08-2008, 05:15 PM
Are you a homer when your university is ranked number 1 with a couple recent championships in their back pocket, and you think they are the best? If so, I must confess I am a true blue homer.

abaddon41_80
09-08-2008, 05:44 PM
Joe Burnett is easily the most explosive corner/returner in the nation

giantsfan
09-08-2008, 06:20 PM
There's homerism, and there's crossing the line. You crossed the line ;)

But ZBo's a lefthanded beast!!!! Just ask Marbury, he doesn't talk to people unless they give him a crack rock though. And Eddy Curry's built for the D'Antoni offense, well outside of his 50 pounds of excess blubber, heart condition and inability to shoot, pass, rebound or play any semblance of defense.

ToldLikeItIs
09-08-2008, 08:39 PM
An Iowa prospect to keep an eye on:

Karl Klug 6'4 255 DT/DE

Big Ten player of the week, he's actually a back-up, we beat FIU so bad he finished with 9 tackles, 2 sacks, and a forced fumble.

Undersized but very quick, and 4.7 (fast), plays behind future NFL'er Mitch King, but has looked good this year in his first collegiate playing time.

Texas Homer
09-21-2008, 11:42 PM
2 future 1st round OL from Texas, Soph.'s OT Kyle Hix and OG Michael Huey.

Another Massive OL from Texas is Jr. OT Adam Ulatoski. He's huge and still improving game by game. I think he projects as a good RT in the NFL and will go in the 2nd round.