PDA

View Full Version : Where does Willie Anderson Land?

CC.SD
09-03-2008, 04:56 PM
I know where I want him, and it seems to be down to Baltimore, Tampa, and SD. I don't think he's washed up, he was too much of a beast for too long to be done that fast. I hope.

Here's this: You'll never find another example of AJ Smith pleading like this in his entire history, btw.

Chargers want Anderson -- bad

The Chargers are awaiting word from veteran tackle Willie Anderson on whether he will visit San Diego and potentially sign with them.

"I hope we get the call," general manager A.J. Smith said. "I hope we get a visit."

Anderson, a 12-year veteran released Saturday by the Cincinnati Bengals, visited Baltimore today and is scheduled to visit Tampa Bay. Anderson's agent confirmed those two teams and the Chargers are the final three choices.

Posted by Kevin Acee on September 3, 2008 02:28 PM | Permalink

Yatta!
09-03-2008, 05:00 PM
Between those teams its no contest, he'll go to San Diego where he's most likely to win a championship.

Smooth Criminal
09-03-2008, 05:01 PM
I hope it isn't Baltimore. I'm going to enjoy watching Harrison and Woodley hit Flacco.

SD looks like he would be a nice fit. Make that line even better.

Addict
09-03-2008, 05:01 PM
Between those teams its no contest, he'll go to San Diego where he's most likely to win a championship.

if he chooses to remain in the NFL I agree it's exactly that.

Bengalsrocket
09-03-2008, 06:23 PM
Willie is a big man, and I doubt he chooses to spite the Bengals and go to the Ravens, but we kinda dicked him (and I still disagree with the decision). Even so though, he's either going to retire or head over to San Diego.

On a side note, does San Diego have Fat Burger restaurants? I'm sure were ever he goes next, he will retire there and end up working on his business a bit.

CC.SD
09-03-2008, 06:30 PM
Willie is a big man, and I doubt he chooses to spite the Bengals and go to the Ravens, but we kinda dicked him (and I still disagree with the decision). Even so though, he's either going to retire or head over to San Diego.

On a side note, does San Diego have Fat Burger restaurants? I'm sure were ever he goes next, he will retire there and end up working on his business a bit.

We do indeed have Fat Burger...but it sucks. Come on Willie, why is this even a decision is what I want to know.

w00t: 2000.

AkiliSmith
09-03-2008, 07:14 PM
He looked horrible in both training camp and during the preseason. He's on the wrong side of 30 and is nowhere near what he used to be.

Caddy
09-03-2008, 07:34 PM
If I was him I'd go to SD. If he signs with Tampa he won't start.

themaninblack
09-03-2008, 07:50 PM
He looked horrible in both training camp and during the preseason. He's on the wrong side of 30 and is nowhere near what he used to be.

I disagree with this completely. When he's healthy he's still better than most RTs in this league. I don't know if he is truly healthy or not at this point but he is definitely worth signing. Hell, it would have been worth it to pay him 3Mil or whatever he was making to be a back up.

I hope he goes to San Diego and gets himself a ring. Few deserve it as much as Willie does.

09-03-2008, 07:59 PM
If he doesn't retire I'd call it an upset if he doesn't end up in SD. Not a better situation out there for him imo .

Vikes99ej
09-03-2008, 07:59 PM
I didn't see a Who Cares He's Old option.

AkiliSmith
09-03-2008, 08:16 PM
I disagree with this completely. When he's healthy he's still better than most RTs in this league. I don't know if he is truly healthy or not at this point but he is definitely worth signing. Hell, it would have been worth it to pay him 3Mil or whatever he was making to be a back up.

I hope he goes to San Diego and gets himself a ring. Few deserve it as much as Willie does.

You didn't pay attention then.

I watched him get owned repeatedly in person in training camp by Angelo Craig and against the Lions by whoever they had at end. He just isn't quick enough anymore.

He was cut because he is well past his prime, lost his starting job but was making starter money, and refused to take a pay cut.

niel89
09-03-2008, 10:16 PM
id like him on the ravens. it would be an upgrade at RT and would allow him to have a starting job most likely.

princefielder28
09-03-2008, 10:17 PM
SD = best chance to win a ring

Bruce Banner
09-03-2008, 10:18 PM
I believe its a money issue more than a championship issue at this point.

Menardo75
09-03-2008, 10:51 PM
We will probably start at RT if he goes to the Chargers wont he?

themaninblack
09-03-2008, 11:28 PM
You didn't pay attention then.

I watched him get owned repeatedly in person in training camp by Angelo Craig and against the Lions by whoever they had at end. He just isn't quick enough anymore.

He was cut because he is well past his prime, lost his starting job but was making starter money, and refused to take a pay cut.

I'm pretty sure Willie cares about the preseason and a 7th round draft pick named Angelo Craig. But hey, what do I know.

He'd be an upgrade for the Chargers. Willie Anderson was never quick, just had great technique, above average feet, and was a large man who was/is very strong and mauled people.

Rob S
09-04-2008, 06:54 AM
Bills could use him while Jason Peters is off being a moron

CC.SD
09-04-2008, 09:24 AM
Anderson probably would be a starter for us, although not immediately; the front office likes Clary, but ultimately I think it's just because he can actually move around, unlike the unathletic pillhead Shane Olivea. Anderson might just remind them what a real RT is like enough to invest a high draft pick in one in the future, and in the meantime he can come try and make a Super Bowl run.

DeathbyStat
09-04-2008, 09:26 AM
I wish the steelers would sign him

Burns336
09-04-2008, 01:44 PM

Fat Burger is disgusting. I have one down the street and people always hit it up after the bars die down and I have no idea why. People tend to think they are comparable to In-n-Out and it's not even close. I'd rather hit up the Dennys across the corner than put fat burger into my system and that should tell you enough.

Bengalsrocket
09-04-2008, 03:58 PM
Fat Burger is disgusting. I have one down the street and people always hit it up after the bars die down and I have no idea why. People tend to think they are comparable to In-n-Out and it's not even close. I'd rather hit up the Dennys across the corner than put fat burger into my system and that should tell you enough.

I have never eaten @ a Fat Burger and I don't ever plan to. My point was, Willie could like San Diego even more if it brought business opportunities to him.

RaiderNation
09-04-2008, 04:26 PM
Oakland could use him as a LT or RT

CC.SD
09-04-2008, 06:36 PM
He signed with the Ravens apparently. I guess you can't miss what you've never had: a winning team.

themaninblack
09-04-2008, 08:08 PM
Can't believe that but he got more money than he was getting here. I hope he still gets a good reception in Cincy this year. I, for one, will still give him a good cheer or two. My hope is he they introduce him and he gets a standing O.

Smooth Criminal
09-04-2008, 09:16 PM
11 million over 3 years. Not a deal I'd be excited to give him. Hes what now 34?

But they needed him bad. Should help their line out alot this season.

themaninblack
09-04-2008, 09:53 PM
Said it before but that payday is pretty hefty given his age. Maybe not the greatest deal for the Ravens but they got who they wanted/needed and I am happy to see Willie get a good payday. Best of luck to Willie.

PalmerToCJ
09-04-2008, 09:55 PM
Really wish he would've gone to San Diego or something but I can't root against the guy.

If the Ravens are going to put Flacco out there any amount this year, they gotta do whatever they can to protect the guy.

CC.SD
09-04-2008, 11:29 PM
LOL at the bump in Raven votes since he signed with the Ravens. Good going guys. Very insightful.

niel89
09-05-2008, 02:13 AM
its not that bad of a deal. we dont really have a real RT and he will be starting once he gets settled into the offense and the team. i doubt he will play that 3rd year.