PDA

View Full Version : Beanie Wells/AD comparison?

scottyboy
09-03-2008, 11:18 PM
It's an obvious stretch as AD's injury shelved him for most(if not all the rest of the year, my memory fails me). Now Beanie MAY be back for the USC game and be ok for the rest of the season, but if he can't, would a team early on in need of a running back take a chance on him? Remembering the teams who passed on AD in part of his "injury problems" with his collarbone...

Just a thought

Bruce Banner
09-03-2008, 11:22 PM
It's an obvious stretch as AD's injury shelved him for most(if not all the rest of the year, my memory fails me). Now Beanie MAY be back for the USC game and be ok for the rest of the season, but if he can't, would a team early on in need of a running back take a chance on him? Remembering the teams who passed on AD in part of his "injury problems" with his collarbone...

Just a thought

The main reason I overlooked most of AD's injuries was because most of them weren't related.

It wasn't going to be a reoccurring hammy or something.

Is this offbase?

princefielder28
09-03-2008, 11:27 PM
The injury concerns would be the only thing that links AD and Beanie Wells...Beanie Wells is a nice talent, but not in the same league

Cribbs>Hester
09-03-2008, 11:41 PM
The injuries would be the least of my worries about Chris Wells. The only reason Adrian Peterson still managed to go so high was because he is a great back, punishing runner and break away speed to boot.

Chris Wells speed is severely overrated by everyone. Oh and Chris Wells is a huge pansie. He doesn't like to play hurt, every little ding will effect his performance and he's always pussyfooting in the hole allowing him to be stopped too easy more times than any 235 pound man should ever be stopped. It was his pussyfooting and hopping around to find a hole that got him hurt in the first place. If he would ever man up and lower his shoulder like he is very capable of doing he could have easily made his own path to the endzone. Chris Wells is getting entirely too much credit for being the best back in the nation simply because our offensive line is so dominate in opening up lanes you can take an International Harvest through.

Chris Wells will never be Adrian Peterson or even close for that matter.

djp
09-03-2008, 11:43 PM
I'm still shocked that we got Peterson at 7. There was simply no way we were going to pass on that talent. Like BB said, his injuries weren't nagging, they were impact injuries. He checked out perfectly medically, cleared by our doctors and didn't need surgery on the collarbone.

Even though Peterson got hurt last year, you show me a player that can take a helmet to the knee and not get hurt. Not a dirty hit, but certainly a dangerous play.

Bruce Banner
09-04-2008, 01:36 AM
The injuries would be the least of my worries about Chris Wells. The only reason Adrian Peterson still managed to go so high was because he is a great back, punishing runner and break away speed to boot.

Chris Wells speed is severely overrated by everyone. Oh and Chris Wells is a huge pansie. He doesn't like to play hurt, every little ding will effect his performance and he's always pussyfooting in the hole allowing him to be stopped too easy more times than any 235 pound man should ever be stopped. It was his pussyfooting and hopping around to find a hole that got him hurt in the first place. If he would ever man up and lower his shoulder like he is very capable of doing he could have easily made his own path to the endzone. Chris Wells is getting entirely too much credit for being the best back in the nation simply because our offensive line is so dominate in opening up lanes you can take an International Harvest through.

Chris Wells will never be Adrian Peterson or even close for that matter.

Your hatred for OSU isn't exactly a secret. Which is why your opinion on everything OSU will be discarded.

vidae
09-04-2008, 02:16 AM
I think you've gotta look at the kind of injuries as well.

A collarbone isn't as serious as say, an ankle or knee. I'm not really sure what kind of injury he sustained (although it looked like a foot/ankle) but even then I would say AP is still the elite talent between the two.

keylime_5
09-04-2008, 08:14 AM
well Beanie hasn't missed a game to injury yet, and he says he can play vs Ohio (which I hear he probably can) but might not as a precaution. And what is all this b.s. about Beanie not being tough. Since when did getting 20-39 carries a game down the stretch with an ankle that needed surgery and a partially broken wrist make you not tough? Chris learned to deal with pain management which is why he went from looking affected by his injuries to being a dominant back who you couldn't tell was hurt late last year.

Cribbs>Hester
09-04-2008, 10:13 AM
Your hatred for OSU isn't exactly a secret. Which is why your opinion on everything OSU will be discarded.

You know nothing about me chief. I'm an Ohio State fan. I just hate Jim Heacock and our defense being so horribly overrated. He's cost us more games than he has ever won for us. James Laurinaitis is overrated plan an simple. Ohio State has a lot of very good football players, but him and Chris Wells are overrated, sorry, thats what happens when you play at Ohio State. The media jumps your nuts with one or two good games. You should me some film of Well actually lowering the boom and taking the ball north and south and getting positive yards when the offensive line didn'g create a massive hole for him and I'll change my mind. You should me a break down of film of James Laurinaitis actually taking on a blocker and disengaging from that blocker to make a play then I'll change my mind. Right now it's all the unknowns doing all the work while these guys are getting credit just for being there to gather the stats.

Bruce Banner
09-04-2008, 12:00 PM
You know nothing about me chief. I'm an Ohio State fan. I just hate Jim Heacock and our defense being so horribly overrated. He's cost us more games than he has ever won for us. James Laurinaitis is overrated plan an simple. Ohio State has a lot of very good football players, but him and Chris Wells are overrated, sorry, thats what happens when you play at Ohio State. The media jumps your nuts with one or two good games. You should me some film of Well actually lowering the boom and taking the ball north and south and getting positive yards when the offensive line didn'g create a massive hole for him and I'll change my mind. You should me a break down of film of James Laurinaitis actually taking on a blocker and disengaging from that blocker to make a play then I'll change my mind. Right now it's all the unknowns doing all the work while these guys are getting credit just for being there to gather the stats.

If you're an OSU fan I'd hate to hear your thoughts on Michigan.

CC.SD
09-04-2008, 01:00 PM
If you're an OSU fan I'd hate to hear your thoughts on Michigan.

I was just thinking exactly that.

Cribbs>Hester
09-04-2008, 01:30 PM
So everyone gets ripped on for being homers, but those of us who'd rather critique our teams flaws hoping someone somewhere accidentily hears them and tries to fix them are going to get harped on too?

I love Ohio State football. It doesn't mean I have to like each individual player. Every school has there good and bad players whether your a fan or not. Every school has overrated prospects. It just so happens to be that the two players everyone loves from OSU are the two I think happen to be huge time overrated.

Cameron Hayward
Brandon Saine
Chimdi Chekwa
Lawrence Wilson
Robert Rose
The entire offensive line

We have a lot of great players, but some people need to step it up or we're just going to get beat down in the title game again this year, or by USC first. I wish all the Ohio State players the best, but the truth is some of them are going to fail in the league, Wells and Laurinaitis are two of those players in my opinion.

Bruce Banner
09-04-2008, 01:35 PM
Brandon Saine

Yeah the InSAINEity hasn't exactly lived up to my expectations but its still early.

Cribbs>Hester
09-04-2008, 01:39 PM
Yeah the InSAINEity hasn't exactly lived up to my expectations but its still early.

There is a huge difference between Saine and Chris Wells. No one has ever hyped Brandon Saine has the next Adrian Peterson, the best running back in the nation, or the closest thing to Jim Brown since Jim Brown. All ridiculous statements. The only hype on Brandon Saine ever is his ridiculous speed for his size. Right now no one is overrated Brandon Saine's football ability, so I'm not going to jump on him yet. The day fans start calling him a lock 1st rounder or the next Adrian Peterson is the day I'll start calling him overrated...unless of coarse he actually earns it via his play on the field.

Bruce Banner
09-04-2008, 01:44 PM
There is a huge difference between Saine and Chris Wells. No one has ever hyped Brandon Saine has the next Adrian Peterson, the best running back in the nation, or the closest thing to Jim Brown since Jim Brown. All ridiculous statements. The only hype on Brandon Saine ever is his ridiculous speed for his size. Right now no one is overrated Brandon Saine's football ability, so I'm not going to jump on him yet. The day fans start calling him a lock 1st rounder or the next Adrian Peterson is the day I'll start calling him overrated...unless of coarse he actually earns it via his play on the field.

What are your expectations for Boom?