PDA

View Full Version : CB Fred Smoot

D-Unit
03-01-2007, 06:34 PM
I would like to add him to the list of FA targets. He could be the replacement at Nickel and provide solid depth.

Good solution without having to use a 1st round pick on.

TH3
03-01-2007, 06:46 PM
i can see it now TO and Fred Smoot on the sex boat together

D-Unit
03-01-2007, 06:48 PM
LOL! Forgot about that!

KILLERSANTA
03-01-2007, 07:11 PM

Can i come too? :)

thule
03-01-2007, 07:19 PM
Smoot was benched in favor or a rookie last year. He has really taken a step back. Maybe it was the cover 2 scheme that made him look trashy...but he played like garbage last year. Add in his character concerns...I really don't even think its worth the money. He's not a FA either.

M.O.T.H.
03-01-2007, 07:21 PM
Smoot was benched in favor or a rookie last year. He has really taken a step back. Maybe it was the cover 2 scheme that made him look trashy...but he played like garbage last year. Add in his character concerns...I really don't even think its worth the money. He's not a FA either.

I agree. Did you guys watch him play season? Awful just awful.

D-Unit
03-01-2007, 07:21 PM
He just got released. Many said Aaron Glenn was washed up too. He'd be a quality nickel back/depth player... is wut I'm sayin'... So obviously, if his price is high, then he doesn't fit.

thule
03-01-2007, 07:23 PM
=O missed the release.

I liked smoot a lot when he played for washington. But he is too thug for my liking.

Macarthur
03-01-2007, 07:27 PM
Smoot's not even close to the same player as Glenn.

M.O.T.H.
03-01-2007, 07:32 PM
I would have rather have had Bly.

D-Unit
03-01-2007, 07:36 PM
Smoot's not even close to the same player as Glenn.
If you don't like him fine, but Aaron Glenn was also benched in favor of a rookie when he was at Houston and he wasn't exactly a young buck when he got here. He wasn't desired by any other team in FA and when he came here we had hopes he would play well based off his career reputation. Smoot should still be enjoying prime years... He's only 28.

D-Unit
03-01-2007, 07:36 PM
I would have rather have had Bly.
Could you possibly state something more obvious? haha.

TH3
03-01-2007, 07:38 PM
does the bly trade meen bailey is on the market?

M.O.T.H.
03-01-2007, 07:42 PM
If you don't like him fine, but Aaron Glenn was also benched in favor of a rookie when he was at Houston and he wasn't exactly a young buck when he got here. He wasn't desired by any other team in FA and when he came here we had hopes he would play well based off his career reputation. Smoot should still be enjoying prime years... He's only 28.

Wasnt Glenn benched for Dunta though? Thats one hell of a player right there. When Glenn came here no one was saying that he was done... he was coming off a fantastic 2004 campaign. He just didnt fit into the Texans plans anymore. As for Smoot these past two seasons he has looked awful, now I wouldnt be opposed to bringing him in if we could get him for cheap. Who knows perhaps all he needs is a change of scenery. As a viking he's had a couple of big injuries and scandal seem to follow him around. Not sure if this is the type of personality we want on our team though.

M.O.T.H.
03-01-2007, 07:43 PM
does the bly trade meen bailey is on the market?

No. He's not replacing Champ. He's going to be a compliment to him. The truth is he is basically a replacement for the late Darent Williams.

M.O.T.H.
03-01-2007, 07:44 PM
Could you possibly state something more obvious? haha.

What? Many people on this board hate Bly.

D-Unit
03-01-2007, 07:47 PM
Wasnt Glenn benched for Dunta though? Thats one hell of a player right there. When Glenn came here no one was saying that he was done... he was coming off a fantastic 2004 campaign. He just didnt fit into the Texans plans anymore. As for Smoot these past two seasons he has looked awful, now I wouldnt be opposed to bringing him in if we could get him for cheap. Who knows perhaps all he needs is a change of scenery. As a viking he's had a couple of big injuries and scandal seem to follow him around. Not sure if this is the type of personality we want on our team though.
No, he was not benched in favor of Daunta. Actually it was Demarcus Faggins...who wasn't a rookie (my bad), he was a first time starter.

D-Unit
03-01-2007, 07:50 PM
What? Many people on this board hate Bly.
I don't care what people on this board think about him... Had he hit FA, he would've been arguably the second most sought after guy after Clements. Everyone knows the system in Detroit doesn't suit him well.

M.O.T.H.
03-01-2007, 07:51 PM
No, he was not benched in favor of Daunta. Actually it was Demarcus Faggins...who wasn't a rookie (my bad), he was a first time starter.

Damn Faggins has really fallen off, these last two years.