PDA

View Full Version : Broncos extend LB Williams contract

Wootylicous
09-06-2008, 09:51 PM
During the offseason, Denver revamped its linebackers. Now the Broncos are revamping one of their stalwart linebackersí salaries. Saturday night, Denver signed linebacker D.J. Williams to a five-year, $32 million extension that included $13 million in guaranteed money.

Williams had been scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent after this season. Instead, he now will become the highest-paid linebacker in NFL history without a Pro Bowl appearance.

Can't believe he didn't make the pro bowl so far.

iBoldin
09-06-2008, 09:54 PM
I think it's more of a matter of who was in front of him. Not that he isn't pro bowl worthy, because I believe he is, but I think there have been much better years from players and much more hype for others. I like DJ Williams though, has he moved back to the WILL spot yet? I think he looked much better then there he did in the middle.

DMWSackMachine
09-06-2008, 10:03 PM
Yeah, I heard they moved him back to the weakside. He's a good player, and I certainly think that Pro Bowl draught will come to an end pretty soon.

Bruce Banner
09-06-2008, 10:06 PM
He was terrible when he played Mike but that wasn't his fault.

LonghornsLegend
09-06-2008, 10:55 PM
He's a natural weak side guy, smart move locking him up...I love comparing him with Derrick Johnson, there was a poll I made about a year ago and it was pretty dead even on who people thought was the better player.

Yatta!
09-07-2008, 05:21 AM
Very good move, he should only improve now he's back at his natural position.

IceKubes
09-07-2008, 09:52 AM
Tough for a 4-3 OLB to make the Pro Bowl with all the 3-4 guys racking up the sacks. Then again on the flip side its tough for 3-4 ends to make it as well.

Damix
09-07-2008, 10:16 AM
Ahh damn, one of my favorite players, I wanted to see him in blue eventually.

Oh well, he'll still beast it up.