PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo: Brady out for season with ACL tear

Pages : [1] 2

DMWSackMachine
09-07-2008, 04:59 PM
Obviously most have seen it by now. Looked eerily similar to the one that Carson got against the Steelers. I know you should never take pleasure in something like this, but....well.....I would be lying if I said that I didn't crack just a wee-little-bit of a smile.

TitleTown088
09-07-2008, 05:02 PM
I hope not because I have Moss in fantasy.

Other than that, I really don't like Brady.I don't want to wish injury on anyone, but it would be great to see patriot fans crying like little girls without him.

Prince 561
09-07-2008, 05:07 PM
Lance Harbour him Belichick...

The Dynasty
09-07-2008, 05:08 PM
JETS ASSUME BRADY HAS TORN ACL
Posted by Mike Florio on September 7, 2008, 5:47 p.m. EDT

Though there’s no official word on the status of Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, several members of the team the Pats play next think he has a torn ACL.

“Everybody I talked to said it’s a torn ACL,” an unnaned Jets player told Tom Curran of NBCSports.com. ”Players AND coaches. When we came in here that’s what people were saying, ‘Brady’s got a torn ACL.’”

Said coach Bill Belichick after Sunday’s 17-10 win over the Chiefs: ”I don’t have any update on Tom. They’re looking at him, doing some tests on him. I don’t have any information yet. Not that anybody would be interested in that.”

If it’s a torn ACL, Brady likely will miss the rest of the season. In 1995, Steelers cornerback Rod Woodson suffered a torn ACL and returned to play in the Super Bowl.

I know its all speculation at this moment but that hit did not look good at all.

Bruce Banner
09-07-2008, 05:12 PM
Brady=Bledsoe
Kevin O'Connell=Brady
:P

The Unseen
09-07-2008, 05:12 PM
I hope not because I have Moss in fantasy.

dizzitto...

TimD
09-07-2008, 05:19 PM
Never wish injury on someone or take satisfaction in the fact that someone did get injured but im not toooo upset about this. hopefully it doesn't affect his play in his career.

"From deep down in my stomach, with every inch of me, I pure, straight hate you. But goddammit, do I respect you!"

eaglesalltheway
09-07-2008, 05:27 PM
Obviously most have seen it by now. Looked eerily similar to the one that Carson got against the Steelers. I know you should never take pleasure in something like this, but....well.....I would be lying if I said that I didn't crack just a wee-little-bit of a smile.

That was me when I found out as well. Obviously if it is a torn ACL that sucks hard for the Pats. It is a shame, because he and Moss were poised for another big year.

steelersfan43
09-07-2008, 05:28 PM
out for season por favor

Gay Ork Wang
09-07-2008, 05:30 PM
Brady=Bledsoe
Kevin O'Connell=Brady
:P
wait, so Bledsoe = O'Connell?

Pacific
09-07-2008, 05:43 PM
I don't see why we need to cover up the joy we take in his injury by saying stuff like "I know its wrong to wish injury on someone...". So what? He is a key player and if he is seriously hurt then it will severely hamper the Pats. Thats good news for the other 31 teams so why beat around the bush?

Bruce Banner
09-07-2008, 05:44 PM
I don't see why we need to cover up the joy we take in his injury by saying stuff like "I know its wrong to wish injury on someone...". So what? He is a key player and if he is seriously hurt then it will severely hamper the Pats. Thats good news for the other 31 teams so why beat around the bush?

Because celebrating injury or desiring it is classless.

scottyboy
09-07-2008, 05:46 PM

but deep down inside, the majority of people are hoping he's out for the year. I'm not happy for it, that'd be wrong. Not wishing injury on him, that's mean. But hoping the healing process takes longer than expected, that's not so bad

TimD
Exactly. We may wish for it but deep down no one should take joy in watching someone get injured and lose the ability to do his job for however long it may be

'cuse-213
Never wish injury on someone or take satisfaction in the fact that someone did get injured but im not toooo upset about this. hopefully it doesn't affect his play in his career.

"From deep down in my stomach, with every inch of me, I pure, straight hate you. But goddammit, do I respect you!"

Ohh, what is this from.. Its killing me.

doingthisinsteadofwork
This is a pretty good weekend.

TimD
wow scotty our perception of people's "deep down" is very different haha

Xonraider
Please let him be back. I won't stand the Patriot fans here that will talk all season long about how they'd have beaten every team 1192829 - 0 if Brady had played.

Pacific
09-07-2008, 05:47 PM

Its classless for an opposing player to try to injure someone, but as a fan I don't think its classless at all. We have no direct input on what happens on the field so its all chance anyways and this is a positive thing for 31/32 teams.

TimD

anchorman.

today we spell redemption R-O-N

Bruce Banner
I'll make note of this. So when Eli goes down for the season and the Eli haters are rejoicing, you will complain, and I'll be there.

Don Vito
I am not happy at all. Cassell played well and we won but if the injury is very serious I don't know what I will do.

Bruce Banner
09-07-2008, 05:48 PM
Take the highroad classless garbage.

TimD
Its classless for an opposing player to try to injure someone, but as a fan I don't think its classless at all. We have no direct input on what happens on the field so its all chance anyways and this is a positive thing for 31/32 teams.

did you read what i wrote? i think that its completely immature. your taking joy in someone's injury. plus i know he has millions and all but he's losing his ability to do his job.

scottyboy
wow scotty our perception of people's "deep down" is very different haha

well we shouldn't be happy, but lots of people in the back of their minds are hoping he's out for year. I'm not happy he got hurt, but I'll be kinda happy if he's out a while. The injury happened, for that I'm upset. If he's out a while, that's not too bad, right?

Gay Ork Wang
09-07-2008, 05:49 PM
its from Anchorman

scottyboy
09-07-2008, 05:49 PM
I'll make note of this. So when Eli goes down for the season and the Eli haters are rejoicing, you will complain, and I'll be there.

can you read? I'm not happy he's hurt, that's ****** up. If his healing process takes longer than expected, I won't be crushed.

Please, people were rejoicing when Osi got hurt, it's not a new thing.

TimD
09-07-2008, 05:50 PM
i guess haha. on the outside im happy he's out for a bit. but inside i feel bad for the guy. i guess im a little confused? haha

Pacific
09-07-2008, 05:52 PM
did you read what i wrote? i think that its completely immature. your taking joy in someone's injury. plus i know he has millions and all but he's losing his ability to do his job.

The thing is though that I'm not looking at it at a personal level. I'm not taking joy in the fact that HE is injured, I take joy in the fact that his injury hinders the Patriots.

Gay Ork Wang
09-07-2008, 05:52 PM
jesus christ who cares if u want him to be injured? I mean its not like u want him to be dead. Sure u never want a person to be hurt and so on. But from a sports perspective why cant u be happy for ur team that he is injured?

scottyboy
09-07-2008, 05:54 PM
jesus christ who cares if u want him to be injured? I mean its not like u want him to be dead. Sure u never want a person to be hurt and so on. But from a sports perspective why cant u be happy for ur team that he is injured?

because then Bruce Banner will call me classless and somehow bring Eli into this situation, which doesn't make anysense, and my internet feelings will be hurt :(

BmoreBlackByrdz
09-07-2008, 05:58 PM
if Brady is out, they should sign Cullpeper (out of retirement) and re-unite him with Moss. That would be insane and I would hate the Pats even more.

TheBuffaloBills
09-07-2008, 06:00 PM
Lets say Brady is out for the year. Who wins the AFC East? I think the Bills deserve a mention.

The Dynasty
09-07-2008, 06:02 PM
Lets say Brady is out for the year. Who wins the AFC East? I think the Bills deserve a mention.

They wont be mentioned by ESPN because Favre is in the Division and we all know about ESPN and Favre.

TimD
09-07-2008, 06:03 PM
The pats are still going to be good. One player isn't the Patriots. but now the gap is a little tighter. I think the Bills, Jets, and Pats all have a chance (even tho the Jets were so inconsistent today)

Gay Ork Wang
09-07-2008, 06:03 PM
it would be Jets or Bills who ever wins the series

steelersfan43
09-07-2008, 06:04 PM
Patriots will still win, I have a feeling belichick has taught matt cassel the ways of the cheater.

TimD
09-07-2008, 06:05 PM
lol wes welker should be qb. they can run the option

UKfan
09-07-2008, 06:06 PM
I want Brady to be healthy, so the Colts can beat the Pats legitimately if they win, no excuses.

DMWSackMachine
09-07-2008, 06:25 PM
Wow, this is like a dream. Its so damn surreal. I just can't believe it....

PackerLegend
09-07-2008, 06:26 PM
O no what a dissapointment ok not really... Im an awful person and if Brady would havent gotten hurt it wouldnt have matter and I didnt sit here and wish that it would happen like anyone else. Now that it has I can only hope it cripples the Pats if Cassell has to be their QB for the rest of the year. Now only if some can take out Billy Boy much like what happened to Joe pa a year ago.

Moss "Dirty dirty dirty" ya ok Randy it wasnt

PackerLegend
09-07-2008, 06:29 PM
From rotoworld

Yahoo Sports' Michael Silver says Tom Brady is expected to miss the rest of the season with ligament damage in his knee.

Two sources tell Silver that Brady has a "severe" knee injury that "could" include a torn ACL and perhaps other ligament and cartilage damage. "It’s bad," a team source said told Silver. "We’re going to have to play without him." Silver is one of the best NFL reporters alive, and you have to trust him here. Fantasy owners should not make a move with Brady until it's confirmed elsewhere though. Obviously, it's devastating news for the entire Patriots offense.

kwilk103
09-07-2008, 06:29 PM
yahoo reporting out for the year

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AhM.iAoKeur3iJlpAld.UaJDubYF?slug=ms-bradyoutforyear090708&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Scotty D
09-07-2008, 06:36 PM
Culpepper retired a week to soon!

Malaka
09-07-2008, 06:47 PM
Leading Candidates for the job Daunte Culpepper, Matt Cassell, Vinny Testaverde (has been rumored), and Chris Simms (Has he been signed yet?) who will get the job??? I say Simms or Culpepper. Culpepper to Moss would bring back the old glory days, ah that would be cool I hope it is Daunte.

Notredameleo
09-07-2008, 06:48 PM
Is it bad that I smiled? Im a bad person!

Sniper
09-07-2008, 06:49 PM
They should put Moss at QB. He can't throw worse than Vince Young, so it's cool.

Sniper
09-07-2008, 06:50 PM
Seriously though, why is everyone happy or smiling about this? The man tore his ACL and will be out for the season, so we should cheer for his injury? I mean, I was "happy" when Osi Umenyiora was out for the season because it helps the Eagles, but in no way was I happy was I happy because he was injured. Rooting for injury is stupid and classless.

Smooth Criminal
09-07-2008, 06:53 PM
I think this makes the Jets the favorite. They have a good offense and some playmakers on defense.

Twiddler
09-07-2008, 06:53 PM
Wow, this really sucks for them. But then again, its not a terrible thing if the Patriots go a year without dominating their division and the conference. Like others have said, I never wish injury upon any individual, but the impact that this has on the rest of the league isn't something I'm sad about.

Sniper
09-07-2008, 06:55 PM
Yahoo! confirming that it is indeed an ACL tear.

BufFan71
09-07-2008, 06:55 PM
if hes out for the season, buffalo is lookin at 12-4 and the playoffs

Xonraider
09-07-2008, 06:56 PM

No way that's happening.

Sniper
09-07-2008, 06:57 PM

Have you been drinking heavily?

Yatta!
09-07-2008, 06:59 PM
Talk about the season getting turned upside down on the first week. New England will not be the same team not matter what anyone says, and personally I think its crap that he will miss a year. Everyone wants to see the best players on the field. AFC East is now wide open in my book.

Twiddler
09-07-2008, 06:59 PM
Seriously though, why is everyone happy or smiling about this? The man tore his ACL and will be out for the season, so we should cheer for his injury? I mean, I was "happy" when Osi Umenyiora was out for the season because it helps the Eagles, but in no way was I happy was I happy because he was injured. Rooting for injury is stupid and classless.

I think that there is a big difference between rooting for someone (as an individual) to get injured compared to being kind of happy that your team's chances at success just went up because one dominant team just took a big step back. Like I said before, I never wish injury upon anyone. Serious injuries that sideline athletes are very painful, both physically and emotionally. I'm not just speaking out of my ass either, I know I'm not a professional football player but I did lose my ability to play contact sports in high school with a severely dislocated shoulder (which I just injured again this summer) and I repeat, I NEVER wish that upon anyone.

BufFan71
09-07-2008, 07:01 PM
Seattle--W
Jacksonville--L
Oakland-- W
St._Louis--Easy Win
Arizona--Win
Bye
San_Diego--L
Miami--W
NY_Jets--W
New_England--W
Cleveland-- MOnday Night at Buffalo.....W
Kansas_City--W
San_Francisco--W
Miami--W
NY_Jets --W
Denver--L, ill just say we get a loss here
New_England--W

we have a soft schedule....and with Brady possibly being out for the year, it only gets easier

Job
09-07-2008, 07:02 PM
Will we see Culpepper out of retirement soon?

CJSchneider
09-07-2008, 07:06 PM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/tools/med/2008/09/ipt/1220829660.jpg

If you look at his leg, you can clearly see it is bending in a way it was not intended to. Where as the Pats are by no means one of my favorite teams, I do wish Brady a speedy recovery.

Sniper
09-07-2008, 07:07 PM
Seattle--W
Jacksonville--L
Oakland-- W
St._Louis--Easy Win
Arizona--Win
Bye
San_Diego--L
Miami--W
NY_Jets--W
New_England--W
Kansas_City--W
San_Francisco--W
Miami--W
NY_Jets --W
New_England--W

we have a soft schedule....and with Brady possibly being out for the year, it only gets easier

So you think because Brady tore his ACL, you're automatically going to beat New England? Haha....

gigatie
09-07-2008, 07:07 PM
Is it for certain to be a torn ACL? If so my dynasty team is screwed. Now I gota depend on Hasselbeck....... and Welker takes a hit in value too so...dang

JETS5128
09-07-2008, 07:08 PM
Seattle--W
Jacksonville--L
Oakland-- W
St._Louis--Easy Win
Arizona--Win
Bye
San_Diego--L
Miami--W
NY_Jets--W
New_England--W
Kansas_City--W
San_Francisco--W
Miami--W
NY_Jets --W
New_England--W

I guarantee the jets and bills split, and someone else in the division will beat buffalo once too

I think the division winner will be 10-6/11-5, and it could be anyone except the dolphins

Sniper
09-07-2008, 07:08 PM
Is it for certain to be a torn ACL? If so my dynasty team is screwed. Now I gota depend on Hasselbeck....... and Welker takes a hit in value too so...dang

That's what Yahoo is saying.

Twiddler
09-07-2008, 07:09 PM
Seattle--W
Jacksonville--L
Oakland-- W
St._Louis--Easy Win
Arizona--Win
Bye
San_Diego--L
Miami--W
NY_Jets--W
New_England--W
Kansas_City--W
San_Francisco--W
Miami--W
NY_Jets --W
New_England--W

I'm glad you threw in that loss to Denver at the end. Otherwise it would be pretty unrealistic...

BufFan71
09-07-2008, 07:10 PM
So you think because Brady tore his ACL, you're automatically going to beat New England? Haha....

um, yeah i do

Sniper
09-07-2008, 07:10 PM
um, yeah i do

That's hilarious.

yourfavestoner
09-07-2008, 07:13 PM
Superbowl loser curse strikes again.

ShutDwn
09-07-2008, 07:14 PM
Wishing injury on a player isn't classy.

But neither is running up the score when you are up 30+, or going for it on 4th down, and don't give me anything about this being professional football.

Sniper
09-07-2008, 07:17 PM
Wishing injury on a player isn't classy.

But neither is running up the score when you are up 30+, or going for it on 4th down, and don't give me anything about this being professional football.

I will give you something about this being professional football. You're being paid millions to play a game. If you don't like it, stop them.

Shiver
09-07-2008, 07:19 PM
Come on guys, it isn't as if he is paralyzed. He will still have three rings, millions of dollars, Gisele, and he'll be back next year. People get hurt, and I have to admit that if I was a Jets or Bills fan I would be excited that Goliath has fallen.

GB12
09-07-2008, 07:23 PM
I did not wish injury upon him, but now that he is hurt I would love to see Matt Cassell come in and do to Brady what he did to Bledsoe. That would truely be awesome.

Bruce Banner
09-07-2008, 07:24 PM
I will give you something about this being professional football. You're being paid millions to play a game. If you don't like it, stop them.

^^^
This. I'm also glad to see you've taken the highroad and not celebrated his injury.
It isn't college football, you do what you want.

I wish Tom a speedy recovery, my mom has met many great players through her career and she says that Brady is one of the nicest guys she's met.

Gay Ork Wang
09-07-2008, 07:31 PM
^^^
This. I'm also glad to see you've taken the highroad and not celebrated his injury.

I wish Tom a speedy recovery, my mom has met many great players through her career and she says that Brady is one of the nicest guys she's met.
lol whats ur mom doing?

Bruce Banner
09-07-2008, 07:32 PM
lol whats ur mom doing?

Makes sure all the rich people get into major events ok.

SB, WS, etc.

Xonraider
09-07-2008, 07:33 PM
Seattle--W
Jacksonville--L
Oakland-- W
St._Louis--Easy Win
Arizona--Win
Bye
San_Diego--L
Miami--W
NY_Jets--W
New_England--W
Kansas_City--W
San_Francisco--W
Miami--W
NY_Jets --W
New_England--W

Sig bet Oakland beats Buffalo.

summond822
09-07-2008, 07:35 PM
It is horrible whenever a player goes down with a serious injury regardless of team or situation. Curse of the Super Bowl loser or not, what happened is just plain unlucky, just like what happened to Palmer a couple years ago against Pittsburgh.

I have wished injuries on opposing players before, but nothing serious, something like a sprained ankle or something that will keep them from competing at their fullest. I hate watching players go down to a serious injury...

Moss's value has just gone down...unless this is a scheme by New England to hide the truth, which I seriously doubt. I don't think that even Belicheck would joke or use this as a tool to deceive other teams.

jballa838
09-07-2008, 07:36 PM
isn't this eerily familiar to 2000? Patriots star QB goes down for season, back-up comes in, wins ring, bangs supermodel.

scottyboy
09-07-2008, 07:36 PM
^^^

that's cool. I've met Osi Umenyiora several times and he's funny as **** and extremely nice. People still rejoiced over his injury. I wish Brady well, but he's out for season with a torn ACL, you can't change that, it's over, whatever

BufFan71
09-07-2008, 07:42 PM
That's hilarious.

i dont see whats so funny.

The bills have a good defense
and an amazing special teams

neko4
Dammit, he was on my fantasy team!

WMD
Damn, that really, really, really sucks.

GB12
09-07-2008, 07:44 PM
Dammit, he was on my fantasy team!
In our fantasy draft I told you that Brees would have a better fantasy season than Brady. Not the way I pictured it happening, but none the less I told you so.

Sniper
09-07-2008, 07:46 PM
i dont see whats so funny.

The bills have a good defense
and an amazing special teams

Ok. The Patriots have one of the best OL in football, the best WR, the best slot WR, had the fourth best defense in the NFL last year and the best coach in football. You MIGHT beat them once, but you're Notre Dame delusional if you think you're going to do it twice and/or go 12-4

HChu
09-07-2008, 07:46 PM
So awesome. Now Bernard Pollard has $60 and a goodie bag to collect from the folks at KSK.

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2008/09/sir-i-believe-you-have-a-bounty-to-collect.html

neko4
09-07-2008, 07:48 PM
In our fantasy draft I told you that Brees would have a better fantasy season than Brady. Not the way I pictured it happening, but none the less I told you so.
I didnt know I was involved in a fantasy draft with you this year

LonghornsLegend
09-07-2008, 07:48 PM
Terrible, this ruins their season, anybody wanna take a bet Culpepper comes out of retirement now?

Smooth Criminal
09-07-2008, 07:49 PM
The Pats drop off is going to be alot. Any time you lose a starting QB its a huge loss, no matter what players you have around him.

Now, it doen't effect the defense, which is still a good unit, so I'm still expecting 8 or 9 wins. That might be enough for the division, who knows.

GB12
09-07-2008, 07:50 PM
I didnt know I was involved in a fantasy draft with you this year
I guess not. I said it in the Packer fans league, which you were in last year but not this year.

SuperMcGee
09-07-2008, 07:54 PM
it would be Jets or Bills who ever wins the series

Knowing Jets vs. Bills, that solves nothing

Ha. hahaha. Come on, man.

neko4
09-07-2008, 07:55 PM
I guess not. I said it in the Packer fans league, which you were in last year but not this year.
Well if it was last year then you wouldve been wrong.
Although I dont remember thinking Brady would be a more effective fantasy QB than Brees up until this season.

kwilk103
So awesome. Now Bernard Pollard has $60 and a goodie bag to collect from the folks at KSK.

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2008/09/sir-i-believe-you-have-a-bounty-to-collect.html

did you see what was in the goodie bag?

-Reese’s Cups
-Bottle of Stetson (for ironic purposes)
-Two day stay at Rancho Relaxo
-Free Movado watch
-Home pedicure set
-5 Lottery scratch tickets
-Free test trial sample of new Glaxosmithkline anemia pill
-Matt Ufford sex tape
-? (mystery item!)
-? (another mystery item!)
-? (yet another mystery item!)
-? (mystery item that’ll really make you cream your jeans!)

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2007/11/effective-immediately-tom-brady-knee.html

Bruce Banner
I also refuse to believe he tore his ACL until the Pats release a report.

GB12
09-07-2008, 07:57 PM
Well if it was last year then you wouldve been wrong.
Although I dont remember thinking Brady would be a more effective fantasy QB than Brees up until this season.
I mean I said it in that league this year, I thought for a minute when I posted that you were in it but I guess you aren't.

Bruce Banner
09-07-2008, 07:59 PM
However much time you put into that, it wasn't worth it.

Can a mod delete the post and not lock the thread?

Sniper
09-07-2008, 07:59 PM
So that was almost funny....Ewing, is that you?

Gay Ork Wang
09-07-2008, 08:01 PM
Hi Ewing! find some new pics

DMWSackMachine
09-07-2008, 08:07 PM
This whole "You're so classless" thing when you revel in a player's injury is so funny to me. These guys are some of the most fortunate people on the face of the earth. They have benefitted from winning the genetic lottery, and most of them have gotten the right coaching and breaks at just the right time. Granted, many have also given themselves over to making the most of what they have--especially Brady, whose work ethic has gotten him where he is today--but, really, how many of us wouldn't give 20 years of our lives to play 10 years in the NFL, win 3 Super Bowls, date Gisele and then blow out our knees and lose it all? And he is only likely to miss a year, at the most.

So you'll have to forgive me if my sympathies aren't exactly with Tom Brady right now. I don't take pleasure in the fact that he is physically hurt, or that he personally has to go through this, but I do take pleasure in the fact that a guy who has caused me so much displeasure now has to deal with some himself.

And, no, that is not classless in anyway.

BufFan71
09-07-2008, 08:08 PM
Ok. The Patriots have one of the best OL in football, the best WR, the best slot WR, had the fourth best defense in the NFL last year and the best coach in football. You MIGHT beat them once, but you're Notre Dame delusional if you think you're going to do it twice and/or go 12-4

we also have a VERY good offensive line

and the best LT in the NFL
we have a very good WR in Lee Evans
a better HB

so what, their defense was 4th last year...... they lost a.samuel, and their defense is only getting older

Gay Ork Wang
09-07-2008, 08:09 PM
Joe Thomas, Matt Light Walter Jones > Jason Peters

Bruce Banner
09-07-2008, 08:10 PM
This whole "You're so classless" thing when you revel in a player's injury is so funny to me. These guys are some of the most fortunate people on the face of the earth. They have benefitted from winning the genetic lottery, and most of them have gotten the right coaching and breaks at just the right time. Granted, many have also given themselves over to making the most of what they have--especially Brady, whose work ethic has gotten him where he is today--but, really, how many of us wouldn't give 20 years of our lives to play 10 years in the NFL, win 3 Super Bowls, date Gisele and then blow out our knees and lose it all? And he is only likely to miss a year, at the most.

So you'll have to forgive me if my sympathies aren't exactly with Tom Brady right now. I don't take pleasure in the fact that he is physically hurt, or that he personally has to go through this, but I do take pleasure in the fact that a guy who has caused me so much displeasure now has to deal with some himself.

And, no, that is not classless in anyway.

So because they are fortunate it's not classless?

You are happy someone is injured, you are classless.

Vikes99ej
09-07-2008, 08:10 PM
Lolololololol

Twiddler
09-07-2008, 08:13 PM

a better HB

so what, their defense was 4th last year...... they lost a.samuel, and their defense is only getting older

Just stop. Even another Buffalo fan was laughing at your thoughts on the subject.

Sniper
09-07-2008, 08:13 PM

a better HB

Lee Evans would be the #3 WR for the Pats. Your QB hasn't proven anything either, and the fact is, the Pats have had success with random guys all over the field. No reason it can't stay that way. They have a better D until the Bills prove theirs is better. The Pats may not go 14-2, but I still say they win the AFC East

TheBuffaloBills
09-07-2008, 08:24 PM
Players play football with the risk of injury. I dont think it is classless if people are happy over an injury.

Bruce Banner
09-07-2008, 08:25 PM
Players play football with the risk of injury. I dont think it is classless if people are happy over an injury.

Your rep is a fine.....representation of our opinion on your thoughts.

ShutDwn
09-07-2008, 08:25 PM

What if you don't feel bad for him? Are you classless then?

Bruce Banner
09-07-2008, 08:26 PM
What if you don't feel bad for him? Are you classless then?

No, where the hell did that come from?

Gay Ork Wang
09-07-2008, 08:27 PM
Where do you come from and can tell other persons when they are classless?

Chucky
09-07-2008, 08:28 PM
Joe Thomas, Matt Light Walter Jones > Jason Peters

Jason Peters is much better than Matt Light, and is right on par with the other 2

Bruce Banner
09-07-2008, 08:29 PM
Where do you come from and can tell other persons when they are classless?

Sportsmanship and fan etiquette, learn it.

Gay Ork Wang
09-07-2008, 08:29 PM
yes its sportsmanship to not try to injury them but after it happens it happens. If u feel bad for him, its not like its gonna help so its really irrelevant

Smooth Criminal
09-07-2008, 08:33 PM
Not as many people would be happy about this is the Pats* had any sportsmanship.

Its because of their attitude toward their opponants and their cheating that people hate Tom Brady and are happy he is injured.

Injuries are a part of the game. This gives alot of other teams legitimate shots at the playoffs and Superbowl. Of course fans of those teams are going to be happy, whether or not they are honest enough with themselves to admit it.

Smooth Criminal
09-07-2008, 08:34 PM
But to bring this back to a football topic instead of a manners lesson, Madden said that the Pats are bringing in Chris Simms for a workout tommorow.

Bruce Banner
09-07-2008, 08:35 PM
Not as many people would be happy about this is the Pats* had any sportsmanship.

Its because of their attitude toward their opponants and their cheating that people hate Tom Brady and are happy he is injured.

Injuries are a part of the game. This gives alot of other teams legitimate shots at the playoffs and Superbowl. Of course fans of those teams are going to be happy, whether or not they are honest enough with themselves to admit it.

Spygate? Give me a break.

Chucky
09-07-2008, 08:35 PM
But to bring this back to a football topic instead of a manners lesson, Madden said that the Pats are bringing in Chris Simms for a workout tommorow.

I wonder how long it would take for him to get ready to play if signed. Would they play him next week?

Smooth Criminal
09-07-2008, 08:44 PM
Nope the only reason he'd be sign is to have a vet backup. Cassell will still start.

And Banner, yes Spygate. Believe it or not a large portion of the NFL fans have a passionate hate for the Pats* because of that. Many people still believe the Pats* cheated their way to 3 superbowls and people have resentment for that.

That generated alot of hate for the organization and people think they deserve what they get.

Bruce Banner
09-07-2008, 08:46 PM
Nope the only reason he'd be sign is to have a vet backup. Cassell will still start.

And Banner, yes Spygate. Believe it or not a large portion of the NFL fans have a passionate hate for the Pats* because of that. Many people still believe the Pats* cheated their way to 3 superbowls and people have resentment for that.

That generated alot of hate for the organization and people think they deserve what they get.

Do you truly believe that the Pats were the only team that cheated to some extent?

smittyjs
09-07-2008, 08:47 PM
sign daunte culpepper and still win the super bowl, he will come out of retirement in a heartbeat, culpepper could easily win 12 or 13 games in this offense.

vidae
09-07-2008, 08:47 PM
It sucks that Brady got hurt. You never want to see a player get injured. However, no one in the AFC is going to shed too big of a tear over this.

Wanting someone to get hurt is classless. Being happy for your team because they are closer to even ground on an elite team is not.

Smooth Criminal
09-07-2008, 08:49 PM
Do you truly believe that the Pats were the only team that cheated to some extent?

No.

But they are the only team to get that kind of national negative press. That kind of cheating scandal hasn't been revealed on any other team to this massive extent.

Not saying its justified. But the Pats created alot of hate for themselves and I can't blame people for being happy something bad happened to the organization.

People arn't happy Brady's hurt. They're happy he can't play QB.

ShutDwn
09-07-2008, 08:51 PM

There is a point where you call off the dogs. Bill did not make friends with any coaches by doing that, there is a line and it was crossed. Players and coaches need to respect the game, they didn't and I believe that it caught up to them, in the superbowl and just this week.

I expected this to happen much sooner actually. I expected some player's pride would get too hurt they would and take an extra shot. Didn't exactly happen just like that, but the result was still the same, just a season later.

I'm not happy about his injury, but I am far from feeling sorry for him.

TheBuffaloBills
09-07-2008, 08:53 PM
I think the OP should make a Poll asking if it is classless to be happy over a players injury.

BTW Bruce Banner, you are calling 75,000 people classless, because at halftime at the Bills Game, they showed the injury to Brady and everyone cheered and screamed on the top of their lungs. It was louder than a touchdown then.

Bruce Banner
09-07-2008, 08:54 PM
There is a point where you call off the dogs. Bill did not make friends with any coaches by doing that, there is a line and it was crossed. Players and coaches need to respect the game, they didn't and I believe that it caught up to them, in the superbowl and just this week.

I don't understand this logic.

Wouldn't calling off the dogs be disrespecting the game? Play a hard 60 minutes correct?

and The Buffalo Bills, quit the ankle biting. I not going to give you anymore of my time.

smittyjs
09-07-2008, 08:54 PM
Brady done for the year

Patriots QB Tom Brady will miss the rest of the season due to a serious knee injury, reports Adam Schefter.

TheBuffaloBills
09-07-2008, 08:56 PM
What a crazy day

DMWSackMachine
09-07-2008, 08:57 PM

Um, you are classless.

See how the two statements are equal in their substantiation? Or is there something about you saying it that makes it have more efficacy?

TheBuffaloBills
09-07-2008, 08:58 PM
Is it classless to say I am going to buy a Bernard Pollard jersey tomorrow?

SuperKevin
Pats fans better hope Laurence Maroney is able to carry this team on his back

Bruce Banner
Um, you are classless.

See how the two statements are equal in their substantiation? Or is there something about you saying it that makes it have more efficacy?

Simply put, if you celebrate injuries, you're classless.

Gay Ork Wang
And the Superbowl Loser curse lives on

Smooth Criminal
09-07-2008, 08:59 PM
I don't understand this logic.

Wouldn't calling off the dogs be disrespecting the game? Play a hard 60 minutes correct?

and The Buffalo Bills, quit the ankle biting. I not going to give you anymore of my time.

I'm all for the Pats playing their starters hard for all 60 minutes. If you want to get your players higher stats and to the probowl and records and such, there is a benefit from that.

But you risk injury.

I don't have a problem with them padding the scores. Its your team you get to pick if the risk of injury is worth the reward of playing a hard 60 minute game.

Gay Ork Wang
And thats because u said so?

SuperKevin
Don't make Bruce Banner angry. You wouldn't like him when he's angry......

Prince 561
09-07-2008, 09:00 PM
Schadenfreude

Bruce Banner
And thats because u said so?

Take the highroad buddy.

GB12
Can you please shut the hell up on whether it's classless or not. Thank you.

Xonraider
09-07-2008, 09:01 PM
And the Superbowl Loser curse lives on

Yikes! You're right!!!

T-RICH49
09-07-2008, 09:02 PM
Pats fans better hope Laurence Maroney is able to carry this team on his back

he better he's one of my RB's

Smooth Criminal
09-07-2008, 09:02 PM
Take the highroad buddy.

If an injury raises my teams chances of winning the superbowl I'm going to be happy.

Guess I'm classless. O well.

Bruce Banner
09-07-2008, 09:03 PM
If an injury raises my teams chances of winning the superbowl I'm going to be happy.

Guess I'm classless. O well.

Not a huge deal.

Carry on.

TheBuffaloBills
09-07-2008, 09:03 PM
he better he's one of my RB's

I think he can. He is the only Pat I like, who should be used and now will be used more often. His fantasy stock rose today thats for sure.

JETS5128
09-07-2008, 09:08 PM
Take the highroad buddy.

The arrogance and condescending nature of this post earn it the most ironically moronic post of the week

Congrats!!!

bored of education
09-07-2008, 09:09 PM
Well, I am a realist. Patriots have had every ball bounce their way the last 6 years or so and this might just be a kick in the teeth that life ain't that perfect. You had your moments. You never know. I really think this is a grounding experience for the team and the fans. Deal with it, my team, your team has all dealt with major injuries. It is part of the game.

and the prick in me says

MVP BERNARD POLLARD

I can't wait to walk around in a Pollard jersey in BOSTON!

smittyjs
09-07-2008, 09:09 PM
there are some classless people in this thread thats all i'm saying....

bring in daunte and win the superbowl problem solved.

Bruce Banner
09-07-2008, 09:10 PM
The arrogance and condescending nature of this post earn it the most ironically moronic post of the week

Congrats!!!

We're done with this as stated before.

TitleTown088
09-07-2008, 09:11 PM
there are some classless people in this thread thats all i'm saying....

bring in daunte and win the superbowl problem solved.

they said Simms is coming in for a visit.

Bruce Banner
09-07-2008, 09:13 PM
they said Simms is coming in.

Well IDK if this is official, but it's he done according to AS

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80a95089&template=with-video&confirm=true

Your Packers allegiance got me thinking Titletown.....How the hell hasn't Favre taken a helmet to the knee or something other in all these years?

Twiddler
09-07-2008, 09:26 PM
Your Packers allegiance got me thinking Titletown.....How the hell hasn't Favre taken a helmet to the knee or something other in all these years?

I'm not sure. A lot of it is luck I guess, especially with his timing on injuries. I remember numerous occasions in the past few years where he would miss the next game because of an injury but each time we had our bye week next and he was able to heal up in time for his return. Doesn't hurt that he's a pretty tough SOB too.

farfromforgotten
09-07-2008, 09:28 PM
I dont have the time to read through all 6 pages right now, but I did read through the first 3. I noticed a lot of people talking about rooting for a player to be injured or whatever. Injuries happen every year, its part of the game. I would personally not root for a player to be injured, especially a star player, because I would rather my team beat their team at full strength. If Brady is out for the year and the Bills or Jets happen to win the division all you Bills or Jets fans will hear about all year and during the off season is how "the only reason you won is because Brady got injured". I can see the forum fights already... and, going on recent history and as much as I hate them, the Patriots fans would probably be right.

Bruce Banner
09-07-2008, 09:31 PM
I dont have the time to read through all 6 pages right now, but I did read through the first 3. I noticed a lot of people talking about rooting for a player to be injured or whatever. Injuries happen every year, its part of the game. I would personally not root for a player to be injured, especially a star player, because I would rather my team beat their team at full strength. If Brady is out for the year and the Bills or Jets happen to win the division all you Bills or Jets fans will hear about all year and during the off season is how "the only reason you won is because Brady got injured". I can see the forum fights already... and, going on recent history and as much as I hate them, the Patriots fans would probably be right.

Glad to see your input.

Smooth Criminal
09-07-2008, 09:32 PM
But at the end of the day those Jets or Bills fans will know that they are the team that one and made the playoffs.

A win is a win.

DMWSackMachine
09-07-2008, 09:32 PM

Simply put, you are classless.

See how fun?

Bruce Banner
09-07-2008, 09:33 PM
Simply put, you are classless.

See how fun?

Quit the ankle biting.

SuperKevin

If the Bills win the division because Brady got hurt I'll still be happy we won the division. Getting to the playoffs for the first time in nearly 10 years will be awesome regardless.

Twiddler
Can we move on? You guys obviously won't agree, so bitching about it won't help.

Sniper
09-07-2008, 09:34 PM
I can't wait to walk around in a Pollard jersey in BOSTON!

Nice knowing you.

TitleTown088

More importantly,Would it matter if he did tear and ACL? He'd still play. Huevos muy Grande.

SuperKevin
Can we move on? You guys obviously won't agree, so bitching about it won't help.

But it's fun for the rest of us to watch.

Bruce Banner

I thought we got past it long ago but some people want the last word.

Quick recovery for Tom!

More importantly,Would it matter if he did tear and ACL? He'd still play.

That's what I was going to ask next.

SuperKevin
09-07-2008, 09:36 PM
How happy do you think Farve is now? He wanted to play for a Super Bowl contender but instead got traded to the Jets. Now he has a realistic shot at being division champs because of this. Farve is classless.

DMWSackMachine
09-07-2008, 09:37 PM
Quit the ankle biting.

Um, no.

Don't know where you get off thinking you have been given a special dispensation to decide what constitutes a person having class or not having it. But if you think you can simply make a statement without giving any substantiation and expect no one to challenge the stupidity and arrogance of such actions, you're wrong.

I gave my reasoning for why its not. You simply say "This is because I say so".

So now I use your own tactics on you and I am ankle biting? Hmm.

DeathbyStat
09-07-2008, 09:39 PM
I think I'll sum up my thoughts on what happened today in song form via this link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoX5tgzU-V8&feature=related

Bruce Banner
Um, no.

Don't know where you get off thinking you have been given a special dispensation to decide what constitutes a person having class or not having it. But if you think you can simply make a statement without giving any substantiation and expect no one to challenge the stupidity and arrogance of such actions, you're wrong.

I gave my reasoning for why its not. You simply say "This is because I say so".

So now I use your own tactics on you and I am ankle biting? Hmm.

Take the high road, it makes life that much easier.

neko4
How happy do you think Farve is now? He wanted to play for a Super Bowl contender but instead got traded to the Jets. Now he has a realistic shot at being division champs because of this. Farve is classless.
Is that sarcasm or are you being serious. I doubt he couldve predicted Bradys injury.

SuperKevin
09-07-2008, 09:40 PM
Is that sarcasm or are you being serious. I doubt he couldve predicted Bradys injury.

Should have added the sarcasm tags

neko4
09-07-2008, 09:46 PM
Should have added the sarcasm tags
Its all good.
Favre v Brady wouldve been epic though. Especially since Favre is a Jet.

farfromforgotten
09-07-2008, 09:47 PM

*laughs*

Never doubt the power of Brett Favre!

summond822
09-07-2008, 10:00 PM
All those years where the patriots won by patching things together all had one thing in common, Tom Brady. He is the one player that the Patriots organization could not replace, and I seriously doubt that Matt Cassel is going to be able to follow Brady's footsteps and win a Super Bowl filling in for the injured star QB.

Moss will help things, but he is not Tom Brady, he can't take the Patriots on his shoulders and make the right reads and get the ball there in the fourth quarter to win the game. He may make the big catch, but he will not be the one who lead the drive.

I actually expected Brady to get blindsided last year in those blowout wins over teams that had nothing to gain. Leaving your prize QB in the game against a team like Miami or someone like that in the fourth quarter is just asking to have a defensive player get pushed over the edge come in, and blow up your QB after the play is over. I expected it all last year, didn't happen.

As to all this talk over who is classy and who isn't is completely irrelevant. This isn't a moral quandry. Everyone in the AFC East realized that their shot at winning the division just got a hell of a lot better and of course they are going to celebrate his injury. They see it as a chance for their teams to win and there is nothing wrong with that, especially a team like the Bills who were looking at wild card spot and are now looking at a chance to win the division. People around the league are all going to be celebrating this as well, the patriots chances of going to the Super Bowl has just been reduced dramatically.

You don't think Romo, Tomlinson, or any other player on a team that is expected to contend for the title this year aren't cheering a little on the inside? They won't say anything publicly (unless they are stupid) but one of the greatest QB's of all time just went down and may be out for the season. That helps their own causes significantly and at the end of the day, they're football players and what they want to do is win.

DMWSackMachine
09-07-2008, 10:01 PM
Take the high road, it makes life that much easier.

Wow. You should be God. I think you would be good at it.

Bruce Banner
09-07-2008, 10:03 PM
You don't think Romo, Tomlinson, or any other player on a team that is expected to contend for the title this year aren't cheering a little on the inside? They won't say anything publicly (unless they are stupid) but one of the greatest QB's of all time just went down and may be out for the season.

This is the problem. There are certain posters and certain people that refuse to keep it on the "inside".

Wow. You should be God. I think you would be good at it.

Got any applications?

Smooth Criminal
09-07-2008, 10:09 PM
This is the problem. There are certain posters and certain people that refuse to keep it on the "inside".

Got any applications?

Why should I have to keep it inside? I'm happy. Being honest with yourself and admitting your true emotions isn't very classless.

GB12
09-07-2008, 10:10 PM
That's not a problem. No one hear plays in the NFL.

Bruce Banner
09-07-2008, 10:11 PM
Why should I have to keep it inside? I'm happy. Being honest with yourself and admitting your true emotions isn't very classless.

If someone getting hurt induces "positive" chemical responses, you might have a problem.

Damix
09-07-2008, 10:11 PM
Culpepper to the Pats, bring back the Daunte-Moss connections!

The Great Jonathan Vilma
09-07-2008, 10:12 PM
clearly not reading the previous pages, but i will say, although i don't cheer for an injury to occur to any player, this is one of those Karma situations, and i honestly couldn't be happier. Don't say that crap about 'how can you cheer an injury' because i didn't want him to get injury, didn't hope, and had nothing to do with him getting injured, but it has happened, and as a result, i can't help but be happy. The Pats organization deserves this IMO and lets see where they go from here.

Bruce Banner
09-07-2008, 10:12 PM
clearly not reading the previous pages, but i will say, although i don't cheer for an injury to occur to any player, this is one of those Karma situations, and i honestly couldn't be happier. Don't say that crap about 'how can you cheer an injury' because i didn't want him to get injury, didn't hope, and had nothing to do with him getting injured, but it has happened, and as a result, i can't help but be happy. The Pats organization deserves this IMO and lets see where they go from here.

You people actual think karma exists?

and one of the best players in the league deserves a season ending injury?

Smooth Criminal
09-07-2008, 10:13 PM

Do you believe in God? I dont see the difference.

Good luck charms arn't uncommon.

Smooth Criminal
09-07-2008, 10:14 PM
If someone getting hurt induces "positive" chemical responses, you might have a problem.

See its not that someone got hurt, its that my team has a better shot at the title.

GB12
09-07-2008, 10:15 PM
Do you believe in God? I dont see the difference.

Good luck charms arn't uncommon.
Thread locked.

Which is probably a good thing because this is going nowhere.

Bruce Banner
09-07-2008, 10:15 PM
Let's not get too philosophical here. Not the place or time. My bad for possibly starting a conversation that would involve such things. and no I don't believe in god fwiw.

Smooth Criminal
09-07-2008, 10:16 PM
Let's not get too philosophical here. Not the place or time. My bad for possibly starting a conversation that would involve such things.

That wasn't meant to start a discussion on that. Just a rhetorical question.

Bruce Banner
09-07-2008, 10:17 PM
That wasn't meant to start a discussion on that. Just a rhetorical question.

and I edited that last post to answer your rhetoric.

summond822
09-07-2008, 10:17 PM

Yes, but this is a forum and people have a right to express themselves. The Patriots have amassed a lot of hatred towards themselves over the years, and Belicheck has really had it aimed at him, but Brady has built up a strong following of haters because he plays under one of the most arrogant coaches in this day and age, and he is really good.

Brady is a polarizing figure, people love him or they hate him, just like his team. People who hate him are not going to feel sorry about him going down with an injury, and for every person who has come into this thread and said that they are celebrating Brady's injury, there is another 10 that are saying nothing. They may pop open a beer tonight in toast or something, but they won't say anything.

As for keeping things "inside". The people on this board aren't going to instantly be blasted on ESPN or any sports show for saying something like "I'm glad Brady got injured, my team's chances of winning the Super Bowl just got better." They aren't getting exposed to national media like Tomlinson or Romo, so they really don't have to worry about "keeping it inside."

I bet Tomlinson is one of the happiest players in the league right now, he really doesn't like the Pats.

Got any applications?

lol

Bruce Banner
09-07-2008, 10:20 PM
Yes, but this is a forum and people have a right to express themselves.

You can express yourself and still be classless. To identify one you must have the other.

Bruce Banner
09-07-2008, 10:22 PM
I'm down for a truce if you want to bury the ACL.

DJM187
09-07-2008, 10:26 PM
Out for the year? How could this happen to god!?!?

summond822
09-07-2008, 10:26 PM
You can express yourself and still be classless.

It's irrelevant. What's the difference between celebrating an injury in public and private? The exposure.

Calling other people classless, doesn't mean that they are. It's just your opinion. MY set of rules for someone being classless is completely different than yours in my estimation.

Getting back on track, what are the realistic goals for the Patriots this season without Brady? I know that their perfect season and Super Bowl hopes pretty much went down the drain, but are we talking missing the playoffs?

If they do, then the curse of the Super Bowl loser lives on (since I think a lot of people don't count Seattle getting back to the playoffs as really breaking it...what is it now 1 team in seven years to make it back?).

And how many people really think that Matt Cassel or Simms could be the answer? (I'm leaving out Culpepper because that is still just speculation by us, and there haven't been any official or unofficial reports of it that I have heard at this time)

The Great Jonathan Vilma
09-07-2008, 10:27 PM

and one of the best players in the league deserves a season ending injury?

how am i supposed to respond to that? How about this....'you really think that it doesn't exist?' Give me a break, it is what it is, don't go overboard.

Did i say he deserves a season ending injury? No. I realize you are reading into the definition of 'Karma' but i said what i said. If that is what you take from it, then sure, i think he 'deserved' it....although that isn't what i said at all. Do i feel bad for Brady? Sure. I don't want anyone to go through that. Lots of players go through injuries, and just because he's 'one of the best players in the league' doesn't change anything to me. He is who he is and plays for the team that he does, and for that, I feel a sense of happiness when i see a thread with the title that this one does....take it for what its worth

Bruce Banner
09-07-2008, 10:28 PM

The Devil is now asking Belichick for his end of the deal.

:rolleyes:

Twiddler
09-07-2008, 10:28 PM

What are you talking about? Brett Favre is fine...

Turtlepower
09-07-2008, 10:30 PM
I find it sad that every general forum topic about the Pats ends with the thread being locked.

The Great Jonathan Vilma
09-07-2008, 10:31 PM
that is to bad, but the less i don't have anything good to say about them anyways, so its probably for the best.

awfullyquiet
09-07-2008, 10:32 PM
my turn!

i'm SO GLAD. so glad. that i didn't get moss or brady on any of my fantasy teams.

B-Dawk
09-07-2008, 10:40 PM
Anybody think Matt Cassell could Tom Brady Tom Brady?

SuperKevin
09-07-2008, 10:41 PM

The thought did cross my mind. Bellichek has a knack for turning backups into pro bowlers

Bruce Banner
09-07-2008, 10:43 PM

Kevin O'Connell has a better shot.

Gatz
09-07-2008, 10:44 PM
I, for one, am saddened by this injury.

Very.

Really. Okay, maybe not

SuperKevin
09-07-2008, 10:44 PM
Kevin O'Connell has a better shot.

Did you watch him in college? O'Connell had an awesome Combine but realistically he lacks mechanics and accuracy to succeed in the NFL

Bruce Banner
09-07-2008, 10:45 PM
Did you watch him in college? O'Connell had an awesome Combine but realistically he lacks mechanics and accuracy to succeed in the NFL

No, I never watched him, but I never doubt Bill Belichick and seemingly hopeless QBs. (Cassel has gone to far to be made a god)

The Great Jonathan Vilma
09-07-2008, 10:47 PM
Take the highroad classless garbage.

wholey, give it up, take your high road down the street and around the corner, your not making anyone feel bad. You are obviously some great individual, but no one is concerned with what your selling, and will state their opinion regardless. Classless in your moral eyes or not...

Bruce Banner
09-07-2008, 10:48 PM
wholey, give it up, take your high road down the street and around the corner, your not making anyone feel bad. You are obviously some great individual, but no one is concerned with what your selling, and will state their opinion regardless. Classless in your moral eyes or not...

Why do you insist on bringing this up?

We've moved on. (without you apparently)

SuperKevin
09-07-2008, 10:48 PM
No, I never watched him, but I never doubt Bill Belichick and seemingly hopeless QBs. (Cassel has gone to far to be made a god)

Well I watched him play in person 3 or 4 times and the guy has no touch. Throws rockets on short passes and rainbows on deep throws.

Bruce Banner
09-07-2008, 10:49 PM
Well I watched him play in person 3 or 4 times and the guy has no touch. Throws rockets on short passes and rainbows on deep throws.

So he's Tim Tebow's brother? (without the rocket thing)

summond822
09-07-2008, 10:50 PM

That depends on if you believe that the Pats can get that lucky with a similar situation. I find it remarkably hard to believe that Matt Cassell can do it, I mean instead of getting playing time last year he was sitting on the sideline.

No game experience at QB generally does not end well for most teams it happens to.

As I heard today on TV from Todd Collinsworth I believe...dunno was just walking by the TV, "Don't expect lightning to strike twice in the same bottle." Referring to, not expecting Cassell to pull a Tom Brady on Tom Brady.

However, if the Patriots magic still continues this year, (and it may have finally ran out in the loss to the giants) then perhaps Cassell can do it.

Bruce Banner
09-07-2008, 10:52 PM
That depends on if you believe that the Pats can get that lucky with a similar situation. I find it remarkably hard to believe that Matt Cassell can do it, I mean instead of getting playing time last year he was sitting on the sideline.

No game experience at QB generally does not end well for most teams it happens to.

As I heard today on TV from Todd Collinsworth I believe...dunno was just walking by the TV, "Don't expect lightning to strike twice in the same bottle." Referring to, not expecting Cassell to pull a Tom Brady on Tom Brady.

However, if the Patriots magic still continues this year, (and it may have finally ran out in the loss to the giants) then perhaps Cassell can do it.

There won't ever be another Brady situation without a Charlie Weis.

DMWSackMachine
09-07-2008, 10:54 PM
Why do you insist on bringing this up?

We've moved on. (without you apparently)

That's funny, because you refuse to let anyone else get in the last word...otherwise, why respond? I don't know that I've ever seen anyone on a message board with so much conscious arrogance and pomposity in my life. Kudos on that.

As for the Pats, they will probably make this the NFL equivalent of the year when David Robinson went down for the San Antonio Spurs and they tanked the year, got Tim Duncan, and went right back to winning 55+ games a year. What everyone thought was a nightmare season ending up perpetuating their team success for another 15 years.

So who could play the role of TD? Stafford? Do they draft a game changing pass rusher or a shutdown CB. I am a little gun shy of any Pats failure. It inevitably is twisted around and turned into a postive. Damn I hate that team.

Bruce Banner
09-07-2008, 10:56 PM
is that why notre dame was so good last year/against sdsu? i don't think one can justify charlie weis as even a mediocre coach at this point.

He's a great QB groomer. That's what I meant.

Bruce Banner
09-07-2008, 10:59 PM
So who could play the role of TD? Stafford? Do they draft a game changing pass rusher or a shutdown CB. I am a little gun shy of any Pats failure. It inevitably is twisted around and turned into a postive. Damn I hate that team.

They will probably continue to stack their lines. They can take mid round guys for their secondary and make them above average.

summond822
09-07-2008, 11:00 PM
There won't ever be another Brady situation without a Charlie Weis.

I don't understand that argument anymore...because we saw how much of an offensive genius Weis is at Notre Dame...

There will likely be another Tom Brady situation. It's just a matter of time.

Young unproven QB's are given chances to play and burst onto the scene and stay there, seems to happen quite a bit. Now, do they go and win the Super Bowl? No, Brady was a fluke, but it will likely happen again someday.

Bruce Banner
09-07-2008, 11:02 PM
I don't understand that argument anymore...because we saw how much of an offensive genius Weis is at Notre Dame...

There will likely be another Tom Brady situation. It's just a matter of time.

Young unproven QB's are given chances to play and burst onto the scene and stay there, seems to happen quite a bit. Now, do they go and win the Super Bowl? No, Brady was a fluke, but it will likely happen again someday.

As I stated above, Weis groomed Brady. I really don't care what he did with the offense or in ND.

and yes based on the amount of players and QBs drafted its bound to happen again. Just probability.

yodabear
09-07-2008, 11:04 PM
Matt Cassell and the Pats will still go 10-6!!!!!!!!

Matthew Jones
09-07-2008, 11:18 PM
This is obviously awful news, and it seems as though Brady is likely done for the season, but I wouldn't necessarily count him out until the Patriots place him on injured reserve, or at the very least we get the MRI back. I think it's a torn ACL, but some people are saying it's a sprained MCL, which means he could return to the field.

Cassel did look good today, though. He played a very efficient game, and didn't hurt the team much at all, with good completion %, yards per attempt, TD-INT ratio, etc. I think his passer rating comes out to be 115-116 or so. He got a lot of time to get prepared for this role and it's not like backups are all completely incompetent.

As such, I wouldn't rule out New England making the playoffs this year, even without Brady. This is basically a better version of the situation Aaron Rodgers is stepping into, as the Patriots have a superior supporting cast compared to Green Bay and Cassel will be given every chance to succeed. New England has a strong run game as well, with lots of depth.

I imagine the Pats will be able to win at least nine games, and quite possibly 10 or 11. I was in favor of signing Daunte Culpepper (view my posted messages for support if you'd like), and Chris Simms wouldn't be awful, either, but both should take a back seat to Cassel. I don't think he's Tom Brady, but he could at least be Eli Manning from last season.

nfrillman
09-07-2008, 11:24 PM
Can anyone else sense the karma coming back to obliterate the Patriots. I know I'm not the only one.

Jvig43
09-07-2008, 11:25 PM
He looked good today, but keep in mind we played a very young cheifs team. Even with our easy schedule, Brady going out is really going to hurt our chances at owning this division as we normally do seeing as the bills put on an impressive show against seattle. Its gonna be a rough season for us New englanders either way.

SuperKevin
09-07-2008, 11:47 PM
This is obviously awful news, and it seems as though Brady is likely done for the season, but I wouldn't necessarily count him out until the Patriots place him on injured reserve, or at the very least we get the MRI back. I think it's a torn ACL, but some people are saying it's a sprained MCL, which means he could return to the field.

Cassel did look good today, though. He played a very efficient game, and didn't hurt the team much at all, with good completion %, yards per attempt, TD-INT ratio, etc. I think his passer rating comes out to be 115-116 or so. He got a lot of time to get prepared for this role and it's not like backups are all completely incompetent.

As such, I wouldn't rule out New England making the playoffs this year, even without Brady. This is basically a better version of the situation Aaron Rodgers is stepping into, as the Patriots have a superior supporting cast compared to Green Bay and Cassel will be given every chance to succeed. New England has a strong run game as well, with lots of depth.

I imagine the Pats will be able to win at least nine games, and quite possibly 10 or 11. I was in favor of signing Daunte Culpepper (view my posted messages for support if you'd like), and Chris Simms wouldn't be awful, either, but both should take a back seat to Cassel. I don't think he's Tom Brady, but he could at least be Eli Manning from last season.

How do you feel about Tim Rattay? ESPN says he is working out Monday morning.

DMWSackMachine
09-07-2008, 11:56 PM
Uh, no, the Pats do not have a better roster than the Packers. The only position where they are clearly better is WR, and the Pack are among the best in the league there, as well. Meanwhile, I would venture to say that NE has one of the worst 5 secondaries in the league, a barely above average LB corps, and issues creeping up on the OL. The Pack are a well built team all around. The only thing that elevated NE above any other team in the league is the unbelievable repoire that Brady and the Moss/Welker combo had developed. Now that that is gone, you are going to see a severely flawed team. It is no coincedence that they basically played KC to a standstill--with a dropped TD by Bowe being the final margin--even with Cassell playing 100+ QB rating football. Unless they bring in a savior at QB, they are going to be a .500 team.

And, finally, comparing Cassell to Rodgers is a joke. Rodgers is a 1st rounder with the pedigree, the measurables and the success at a big time college all going for him, along with success in limited action in the NFL, as well as some impressive showings in preseason. None of which guarantees anything, but saying that the Pats are in basically the same situation as the Packers is like saying that Miami is in basically the same situation as the Jets.

Bruce Banner
09-08-2008, 12:01 AM
Uh, no, the Pats do not have a better roster than the Packers. The only position where they are clearly better is WR, and the Pack are among the best in the league there, as well. Meanwhile, I would venture to say that NE has one of the worst 5 secondaries in the league, a barely above average LB corps, and issues creeping up on the OL. The Pack are a well built team all around. The only thing that elevated NE above any other team in the league is the unbelievable repoire that Brady and the Moss/Welker combo had developed. Now that that is gone, you are going to see a severely flawed team. It is no coincedence that they basically played KC to a standstill--with a dropped TD by Bowe being the final margin--even with Cassell playing 100+ QB rating football. Unless they bring in a savior at QB, they are going to be a .500 team.

And, finally, comparing Cassell to Rodgers is a joke. Rodgers is a 1st rounder with the pedigree, the measurables and the success at a big time college all going for him, along with success in limited action in the NFL, as well as some impressive showings in preseason. None of which guarantees anything, but saying that the Pats are in basically the same situation as the Packers is like saying that Miami is in basically the same situation as the Jets.

Lets break it down

QBs
NE < GB (brady excluded)
RBs
NE < GB
WRs and TEs
NE > GB
O-line
NE > GB
D-line
NE - GB, its a wash, different systems
LBs
NE - GB, once again a wash, different systems
CBs and S
NE < GB

terrible way to compare rosters but whatever.

yo123
09-08-2008, 12:12 AM
If Bill Simmons hasn't killed himself yet, I can't wait to read his article about this.

yodabear
09-08-2008, 12:13 AM
Super Bowl loser Curse >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Madden Curse

bored of education
09-08-2008, 12:22 AM
The Tom Brady weiner loving.Patriot homerism is soooooo funny and that Cassell is not much of a downgrade is funnny.......why......??????????

Want to know why because Jim Abbott could have passed 300 yards on the Chiefs D and Lt. Dan from Forrest Gump would have ran 200 yard against their D.

Kthanxbye

Jvig43
09-08-2008, 12:27 AM

uh, where to begin? Issues creeping up on our O-line? we have three pro bowlers there, and was one of the best lines in the league last year with no loses this year. We have much greater depth at running back with Maroney, Morris, Jordan, and Faulk as our third down back. Yes we have some age in our linebackers but we also have two great talents in Mayo and Crable. Ill give you the secondary, were hurting there yes but we always draft well and it wouldnt surprise me if wheatley steps up into a starting role by the end of the season. Lastly to compare where a player was drafted as a means to support your argument is ridiculous. If Rodgers is better then Cassell because Rodgers is a 1st rounder then that means Rodgers > Brady? We'll see how the pats handle the loss of Brady, but it isnt out of this world to compare our situation with yours because with a few loses in the secondary, our season is dependant on how our backup performs to the loss of our star QB much like your season. But i'm sorry frankly put, New England overall has the better team.

yodabear
09-08-2008, 12:28 AM
Yeah, ESPN is treating it like the NFL died today. Well, it didn't. Maybe sounding like a butthole, but the 2008 season just got more and more interesting with the injury.

Gatz
09-08-2008, 12:45 AM
Lastly to compare where a player was drafted as a means to support your argument is ridiculous. If Rodgers is better then Cassell because Rodgers is a 1st rounder then that means Rodgers > Brady?

Gee, I don't know, if there are two quarterbacks that haven't started in the nfl, would you take a 1st round pick from 3 years ago, who has shown enough for a team to wave goodbye to its star quarterback or a guy who played backup in college, who wasn't expected to start because the guy in front of him is never injured...

We'll see how the pats handle the loss of Brady, but it isnt out of this world to compare our situation with yours because with a few loses in the secondary, our season is dependant on how our backup performs to the loss of our star QB much like your season.
Your season was dependent on that offense which was orchestrated by Brady, who is now injured. The Packers have a better defense, and the connection that Brady and Moss had was huge to New England's success. They relied on their offense, not defense, the past season.
Not to mention that the Packers had prepped for their loss of a star QB since he announced his retirement, and feels confident enough to not want to take that QB back, has a 2nd round QB they drafted this year as a back up, and has planned for this season, while you lost your star QB today, and is now scrambling to sign a Rattay or a Simms.
But i'm sorry frankly put, New England overall has the better team.No.

Yes we have some age in our linebackers but we also have two great talents in Mayo and Crable.

By the way, if Rodgers being drafted in the 1st round, and being groomed as the successor, are not valid reasons for why people should be more confident with him as a starter than Cassell, then I don't see why the Patriots should be more excited with Mayo than another team with a 7th round lb that didn't start in college and was not expected to start in the nfl.

bored of education
09-08-2008, 12:49 AM
Yeah, ESPN is treating it like the NFL died today. Well, it didn't. Maybe sounding like a butthole, but the 2008 season just got more and more interesting with the injury.

And now I know why I hert theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Don Vito
09-08-2008, 12:59 AM
This sucks so bad. I hope Cassell (or Gutierrez/O'Connell) can pull through for us.

yo123
09-08-2008, 01:01 AM
This sucks so bad. I hope Cassell (or Gutierrez/O'Connell) can pull through for us.

Wait...wasn't Gutierrez a backup in college as well? What the hell is with the Pats and their hesitance to draft starting college QB's?

DMWSackMachine
09-08-2008, 01:17 AM
Lets break it down

QBs
NE < GB (brady excluded)
RBs
NE < GB
WRs and TEs
NE > GB
O-line
NE > GB
D-line
NE - GB, its a wash, different systems
LBs
NE - GB, once again a wash, different systems
CBs and S
NE < GB

terrible way to compare rosters but whatever.

Yeah, doesn't do the argument justice, though I would probably give the Pats a small advantage at DL and the Pack a significant advantage at LB, but its pretty close. Agreed.

uh, where to begin? Issues creeping up on our O-line? we have three pro bowlers there, and was one of the best lines in the league last year with no loses this year. We have much greater depth at running back with Maroney, Morris, Jordan, and Faulk as our third down back. Yes we have some age in our linebackers but we also have two great talents in Mayo and Crable. Ill give you the secondary, were hurting there yes but we always draft well and it wouldnt surprise me if wheatley steps up into a starting role by the end of the season. Lastly to compare where a player was drafted as a means to support your argument is ridiculous. If Rodgers is better then Cassell because Rodgers is a 1st rounder then that means Rodgers > Brady? We'll see how the pats handle the loss of Brady, but it isnt out of this world to compare our situation with yours because with a few loses in the secondary, our season is dependant on how our backup performs to the loss of our star QB much like your season. But i'm sorry frankly put, New England overall has the better team.

I hope, just for the sake of your sanity, that all this is just spin you're using to make yourself feel better about your team, because if you really believe it.....nah, I won't go there.

And, no, you don't have a better team without Brady.

Rodgers>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Cassell

And your rosters are fairly equal. If you can get a solid C- from Cassell, I give you a 60-40 chance to make the playoffs. If things get really ugly, I can see as many as 11 losses this year. Yeah, that bad.

yo123
09-08-2008, 01:26 AM
Is their honestly a Rodgers-Cassel debate going on right now? Honestly? Rodgers will be a solid QB, Cassel absolutely blows.

Matthew Jones
09-08-2008, 01:31 AM
Is their honestly a Rodgers-Cassel debate going on right now? Honestly? Rodgers will be a solid QB, Cassel absolutely blows.

I was impressed with Cassel in the game. I wouldn't say he blows at all. He's also got a higher career QB rating than Aaron Rodgers, so basically your argument is based solely on hype and draft position. I agree that Rodgers will probably have a better career than Cassel, but other than tools, there's really no way to decide that right now.

Gatz
09-08-2008, 01:31 AM
Nobody brought up the Sorgi-Cassel relationship.
I really want to see NE and Indy face each other with these two as starters.
The greatness would cause the world to explode.

yo123
09-08-2008, 01:36 AM
I was impressed with Cassel in the game. I wouldn't say he blows at all. He's also got a higher career QB rating than Aaron Rodgers, so basically your argument is based solely on hype and draft position. I agree that Rodgers will probably have a better career than Cassel, but other than tools, there's really no way to decide that right now.

I'll take a first round pick over a backup college QB any day. The guy hasn't played meaningful football since high school. I know he had Leinart ahead of him, doesn't change the fact that he hasn't played.

I would definetly take his performance against the Chiefs with a grain of salt because...well, its the Chiefs.

Bruce Banner
09-08-2008, 01:40 AM
Nobody brought up the Sorgi-Cassel relationship.
I really want to see NE and Indy face each other with these two as starters.
The greatness would cause the world to explode.

Don't even Gatz.....Don't even.

slightlyaraiderfan
09-08-2008, 01:47 AM
I'll take a first round pick over a backup college QB any day.
So you'd take Rodgers over somebody like, umm, Tom Brady? (before the injury of course)

Bruce Banner
09-08-2008, 01:47 AM
So you'd take Rodgers over somebody like, umm, Tom Brady? (before the injury of course)

aHAHAHAHA.

You make a point. A rare and extreme point....but a point.

Gatz
09-08-2008, 01:48 AM
Don't even Gatz.....Don't even.
http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/headshot/C/A/S/CAS541133.jpg
Height: 6-4 Weight: 230 Age: 26
Born: 5/17/1982 Northridge , CA
College: USC
Experience: 4th season
High School: Chatsworth HS [CA]
Career Totals:
Passer rating- 85.8 Comp-Att-Pct. 35-57-61.4% Yds-405 TD-3 INT-2

v.s.

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/headshot/S/O/R/SOR431260.jpg
Height: 6-5 Weight: 196 Age: 27
Born: 12/3/1980 Fraser , MI
College: Wisconsin
Experience: 5th season
High School: Fraser HS [MI]
Career Totals:
Passer rating- 90.4 Comp-Att-Pct. 77-126-61.1 Yds- 751TD-6 INT-1

Who Ya Got?

.Sorry. I have no life.

Don Vito
09-08-2008, 01:54 AM
I'll take a first round pick over a backup college QB any day. The guy hasn't played meaningful football since high school. I know he had Leinart ahead of him, doesn't change the fact that he hasn't played.

I would definetly take his performance against the Chiefs with a grain of salt because...well, its the Chiefs.

He went 13 for 18 with 152 yards a TD and no picks. That isn't bad for your first meaningful playing time in the NFL when the reigning MVP ahead of you goes down.

Gay Ork Wang
09-08-2008, 01:58 AM
its the freaking chiefs though

slightlyaraiderfan
09-08-2008, 01:58 AM
aHAHAHAHA.

You make a point. A rare and extreme point....but a point.
I have other examples, but I just don't want to share...hmph.

d34ng3l021
09-08-2008, 01:59 AM
Culpepper needs to hook up with Moss again. Get the roll on.

Bruce Banner
09-08-2008, 02:08 AM
Height: 6-5 Weight: 196

Still trying to figure this out.

Culpepper needs to hook up with Moss again. Get the roll on.

Randy.....GO DEEP!

yourfavestoner
09-08-2008, 03:50 AM

Brady wasn't a backup. He just shared time. Cassell never saw a meaningful college snap.

Addict
09-08-2008, 04:48 AM
Brady wasn't a backup. He just shared time. Cassell never saw a meaningful college snap.

he played behind Carson Palmer and Matt Leinart. That's pick #1 and 10 of the NFL draft. can't really blame him.

Also: that injury looked very very bad.

Chucky
09-08-2008, 06:51 AM
Can't wait to read Bill Simmons column on this

Jvig43
09-08-2008, 07:03 AM
Yeah, doesn't do the argument justice, though I would probably give the Pats a small advantage at DL and the Pack a significant advantage at LB, but its pretty close. Agreed.

I hope, just for the sake of your sanity, that all this is just spin you're using to make yourself feel better about your team, because if you really believe it.....nah, I won't go there.

And, no, you don't have a better team without Brady.

Rodgers>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Cassell

And your rosters are fairly equal. If you can get a solid C- from Cassell, I give you a 60-40 chance to make the playoffs. If things get really ugly, I can see as many as 11 losses this year. Yeah, that bad.

Funny how Cassell has a higher career average now (meaning thus far) you dont have anything but hype really supporting your argument, but ill even give you rodgers over cassell. However unlike your arguments, ive backed up my reasons as to why I personally believe the pats have a better team. you just keep dropping the Rodgers better then cassell argument, which brings us back to the point of, we have a situation similar to yours in green bay.

Smooth Criminal
09-08-2008, 08:21 AM
The Pats have a great supporting cast and defense. I still see them winning 7-9 games, maybe even the AFC East.

The defense is still good. The offense has playmakers. This team can still win without him.

But their superbowl hopes are out the window.

Simms is being brought in for a workout today. And Belicheck has a presser today at 11:45

Sniper
09-08-2008, 08:27 AM
The Pats have a great supporting cast and defense. I still see them winning 7-9 games, maybe even the AFC East.

The defense is still good. The offense has playmakers. This team can still win without him.

But their superbowl hopes are out the window.

Simms is being brought in for a workout today. And Belicheck has a presser today at 11:45

7-9 wins? Please. 9 is the minimum. It's not like Brady, Moss, Welker, the entire OL, Seymour and Harrison all tore their ACLs.

Smooth Criminal
09-08-2008, 08:44 AM
7-9 wins? Please. 9 is the minimum. It's not like Brady, Moss, Welker, the entire OL, Seymour and Harrison all tore their ACLs.

The league MVP got injured and they're replacing him with a QB that hasnt started a game since HS. They're lucky they get 4 free wins over the NFC West.

We'll see what Farve and the Jets can do against this Pats team.

RaiderNation
09-08-2008, 08:51 AM
Man this sucks, really sucks. I see the patriots at best getting the last wildcard seed. This might be the downfall of the dominant team in the 2000's.

Sniper
09-08-2008, 08:56 AM
The league MVP got injured and they're replacing him with a QB that hasnt started a game since HS. They're lucky they get 4 free wins over the NFC West.

We'll see what Farve and the Jets can do against this Pats team.

Randy Moss made Daunte Culpepper look like a damn good QB. Daunte Culpepper!

Sniper
09-08-2008, 08:58 AM
It's not like they're going to run 4 and 5 wide anymore and ask Cassel to make a bunch of plays. Maroney, Faulk, Morris et al will get a lot more carries. I think you'll see 4 and 5 wide in the shotgun be replaced by twin tight ends and two receivers. A lot of short, play-action stuff.