PDA

View Full Version : Colin Kaepernick QB Nevada

holt_bruce81
09-07-2008, 09:06 PM
I know he's only a sophomore but the few times I have watched this guy play I have been fairly impressed. What do you think his draft stock will be like when he decides to enter the NFL?

CLong4Heisman
09-07-2008, 09:45 PM
Late 2nd - early third. Good size, good mobility and decent arm.

princefielder28
09-07-2008, 10:26 PM
I think it's a bit too early; he doesn't have too much game play to go off of and when you factor in the compeittion, he has many unknowns.

SuperKevin
09-07-2008, 10:56 PM

No way. As a passer he's way too raw

jballa838
09-07-2008, 11:12 PM
I need to see him play a full season first. He fits Nevada's Pistol Offense well, and he is extremely raw.

eaglesalltheway
09-08-2008, 06:25 AM
This is the second thread on him if I remember correctly, and he is only 2 games into his sophomore season. I'm not rtying to call you out holt bruce, but I think we really don't need a thread on this guy until at least his junior year. It may be dumb, but it would sort of be like me asking how Evan Royster will be valued come draft time. There are just too many things that can happen until either would declare.

Ozzy
09-08-2008, 08:40 AM
Totally agree, I really like the kid, he has great height, strong arm and is very athletic and can move around. Like others have said he is very rare but potentially he could really be something from his JR or SR season. Hopefully he can stay healthy and improve. He has sure put Nevada on the map, at least in my book. Great overall talent....

Brent
09-08-2008, 09:22 AM
he's no Jeff Rowe

princefielder28
09-08-2008, 10:57 AM
he's no Jeff Rowe

I was going to put that in my intial post....haha

Ozzy
09-08-2008, 02:27 PM
Oh I think personally he could be way better than Jeff Rowe, the athletic potential in my book is not even comparable.

Brent
09-08-2008, 03:47 PM
It isnt always about athletic potential. I just thought that Jeff Rowe was a really good college QB.

princefielder28
09-08-2008, 03:50 PM
It isnt always about athletic potential. I just thought that Jeff Rowe was a really good college QB.

athletic ability at QB is the least important of any positions; all that matters is the arm and head, given you need have good footwork but not be an exceptional athlete

so i agree with Brent

yo123
09-08-2008, 04:13 PM

But is he a good QB? Those things are great, but they don't make him a good QB. I haven't seen nearly enough from him to warrant that kind of pick.

Ozzy
09-08-2008, 05:48 PM
True it is not all about athletic ability, but I am saying he is far more potential and upside than Rowe because of his athletic ability. Sure he is raw but his potential is just huge.

Plus the fact that really one does not see very often a tall, lengthy QB than can run and throw the ball. I would be personally surprised and kind of disappointed if he is not better than Rowe in the end.

Brent
09-08-2008, 08:25 PM
Dont get me wrong, I hope he turns out well. He had a great freshman year (I believe he was a true frosh) and I hope he has a nice career but at this point, I dont think it's fair to assess for potential as an NFL. He's just too raw and only has one season under his belt. And, for clarity's sake, let me just say that I was a huge fan of Jeff Rowe at Nevada.

Keep it real
09-08-2008, 10:29 PM
I've heard Nevada fans say he's way ahead of where Rowe was as a Soph.
Good stats against TT but as has been stated, the season just started.

wicket
09-09-2008, 04:57 AM
hey i opened a post on thread on him as well. love the guy, great upside, work to be done though. If he just plays till he is a senior i think he could be a first rounder if he developes the way he should and doesnt get injured (of course).

niel89
09-09-2008, 04:38 PM
he looked very good at the TT game. he should develop into a good player.

i hated jeff rowe. i thought he was an average qb at best. he just didnt seem all that great when i watched him play.