PDA

View Full Version : Rookie Watch '08

Pages : [1] 2

Flyboy
09-07-2008, 09:47 PM
Talk about the rookies and their play as the '08 season take place.

iowatreat54
09-07-2008, 09:48 PM
Matt Forte, the machine, 100 yards and a TD in the first half of his first game

Bruce Banner
09-07-2008, 09:51 PM
Aqib Talib was burned for a touchdown in the Saints first drive. Well, it wasn't a true burn where he was simply outran.....he thought he could squat on the guy and make a play on the ball, which ended up flying over his head into the receiver's hands for a TD.

Zuttah was serviceable at guard.

Dexter Jackson had tons of trouble staying on his feet, he kept slipping.

Gay Ork Wang
09-07-2008, 10:01 PM
I know Brandan Albert played pretty well. So did Sam Baker.

Flyboy
09-07-2008, 10:03 PM
Sedrick Ellis was damned good in his first game. The entire front four consistently applied pressure to Jeff Garcia - with Ellis sometimes getting the attention of two blockers, it's really opened up Charles Grant & Will Smith. If he continues to have the same impact on our defensive line, I'll be thrilled.

Tracy Porter. Thank God for no more Jason David. Some called Porter the best coverage cornerback in the draft and he looked very impressive against the Bucs. I don't think he was on Joey Galloway much (I think that was mostly ***), but he was always in position and had some great pass deflections. If he plays this way with Mike McKenzie coming back, I'm not worried about our secondary.

Breaker
09-07-2008, 10:13 PM
Duane Brown got smoked in his first NFL game. For a rookie though, his performance was pretty good, especially against the #1 defense in the NFL. (he gave up like 2 sacks, I know my expectations are pretty low)

After Brown got hurt late in the 3rd, Salaam went in to replace him at LT. In his very first play back, he gave up a sack to Harrison, and was taken out acouple of plays later.

Brown has already ooooover-succeeded our LT from last year, so I consider him way already ahead of schedule.

Menardo75
09-07-2008, 10:26 PM
Josh Morgan got thrown at a couple times not good ones though no catches. Kentwan Balmer saw a little time was not bad had a pretty solid kick return :)

summond822
09-07-2008, 10:31 PM
Lawrence Jackson had one good play in the first quarter where he maintained his assignment and stopped Marshawn Lynch for next to no gain. Other than that he was pretty much invisible out there.

Carlson caught a couple passes and had a false start. Nothing flashy and a rookie mistake.

Red Bryant rotated in and out of the game, he had good penetration on a couple plays but Lynch usually bounced it to the outside or cut back when he did this.

throwback54milkman
09-07-2008, 10:32 PM
Dwight Lowery, Jets starting CB- 3rd round pick from SDSU in case you haven't heard of him was outstanding. I realize he was playing against the Dolphins terrible receivers but he was great! Gholston didn't play much, he was average when he did play. Same with Keller.

Turtlepower
Jake Long didn't have as good of a day as other first-round OL. I think BBD is the only other poster on here who agrees with me when we think that Sam Baker will turn out the best OT from this class.

d34ng3l021
Matt Ryan: 9/13 for 161 yards and a TD. Threw a perfect pass on his first NFL pass and it went 62 yards for a TD. He wasn't asked to do much with the Falcons run game racking up 318 yards. He showed tremendous potential.

Sam Baker: Was very good. He is a lot better against the run than I thought.

Curtis Lofton: Recorded 2 tackles and 2 assisted tackles. Did a decent job, but could have been better.

d34ng3l021
09-07-2008, 10:34 PM
Dwight Lowery, Jets starting CB- 3rd round pick from SDSU in case you haven't heard of him was outstanding. I realize he was playing against the Dolphins terrible receivers but he was great! Gholston didn't play much, he was average when he did play. Same with Keller.

He is from SJSU. I really liked him coming out of college (maybe it was because he went to a local university) and I still think he could be an absolute playmaker at FS.

M.O.T.H.
09-07-2008, 10:35 PM
Felix Jones 1st career carry went for an 11 yard TD run. He was an ankle tackle away from a 60+ yard TD...that one went for 22 yards. Great debut.

iowatreat54
09-07-2008, 10:36 PM
Chris Johnson 93 yards rushing, 34 yards and 1 TD receiving...really looked great and like he can be a starter/Reggie Bush type RB

Felix Jones had 62 yards on 9 carries and a TD, pretty much all when Dallas had the game put away, but still looked real good and like he will be a great NFL back

Bruce Banner
09-07-2008, 10:38 PM
Chris Johnson 93 yards rushing, 34 yards and 1 TD receiving...really looked great and like he can be a starter/Reggie Bush type RB

Can CJ run between the tackles? If so, he is a RB, not Reggie Bush. More than likely Westbrook-lite or maybe as good as WB.

iowatreat54
09-07-2008, 10:39 PM
Can CJ run between the tackles? If so, he is a RB, not Reggie Bush. More than likely Westbrook-lite or maybe as good as WB.

yea that's the thing...I didn't really see him play besides the highlights so I don't know if he can, but I think he will at least be able to succeed in the Reggie Bush-position

Cribbs>Hester
09-07-2008, 10:41 PM
Alex Hall actually played decent in his role. He forced two runs back to the inside all for not because our pathetic inside linebackers didn't fill their hole. The 7th round rookie has out played D'Qwell Jackson, Andra Davis, and Leon Williams the last 3 times on the field....that is pathetic and unacceptable for those backers who have been in the league for a few years now.

Smooth Criminal
09-07-2008, 10:43 PM
Mendenhall looked pretty good for the Steelers. He got a few carries with the starters and looked good, until they started putting 10 in the box against Leftwich.

BlindSite
09-07-2008, 10:44 PM
Antoine Cason is getting my love for what he did today. Big props forcing a fumble and he broke up two passes against Muhummad so he did damn well for his first NFL start.

Tolbert (sp?) looks like a real keeper at FB for the chargers too.

Throw up some props for Otah who was a machine in the run game today.

OzTitan
09-07-2008, 11:04 PM
yea that's the thing...I didn't really see him play besides the highlights so I don't know if he can, but I think he will at least be able to succeed in the Reggie Bush-position

From what I've seen so far, I'd say right now he is half way between Westbrook and Bush in style. Can run between the tackles with success for sure, in fact he sometimes plays like a smaller Marion Barber in how he approaches contact. But he probably won't be a true all rounder until he puts on a little more weight which he inevitably will in the NFL.

yourfavestoner
09-07-2008, 11:12 PM
Derrick Harvey picked Vince Young off. That was pretty cool.

And Chris Johnson is a ******* stud.

CC.SD
09-07-2008, 11:17 PM
Antoine Cason had a beastly forced fumble and several other break ups--not sure if he gave up a catch, I was at the game, no TIVO.

Smokey Joe
09-07-2008, 11:23 PM
Marcus Harrison, 3rd round pick out of Arkansas, was just dominating the LoS tonight.

BlindSite
09-07-2008, 11:34 PM
Antoine Cason had a beastly forced fumble and several other break ups--not sure if he gave up a catch, I was at the game, no TIVO.

He gave up Jarrett's grabs and one of Rosario's but 3 catches for 2 break ups and FF is a fair trade.

Flyboy
09-07-2008, 11:55 PM
Tracy Porter was covering Antonio Bryant most of the game and pretty much shut him down. Couldn't remember who he was covering at the time of my post.

CJSchneider
09-08-2008, 12:02 AM
Any predictions on McFadden?

d34ng3l021
09-08-2008, 12:23 AM
Well Denver's run defense sucked big time last year. McFadden is a perfect fit for Oakland's vaunted running attack. He could do real well.

SaintsMan
09-08-2008, 12:27 AM
Sedrick Ellis was damned good in his first game. The entire front four consistently applied pressure to Jeff Garcia - with Ellis sometimes getting the attention of two blockers, it's really opened up Charles Grant & Will Smith. If he continues to have the same impact on our defensive line, I'll be thrilled.

Tracy Porter. Thank God for no more Jason David. Some called Porter the best coverage cornerback in the draft and he looked very impressive against the Bucs. I don't think he was on Joey Galloway much (I think that was mostly ***), but he was always in position and had some great pass deflections. If he plays this way with Mike McKenzie coming back, I'm not worried about our secondary.

Sedrick Elliis collapsing the Bucs interior O-line and taking up double teams was beautiful. He really helped free up Smith, Grant and McCray as Garcia was running for his life most of the game.

Porter was a beast. He did very well.

bored of education
09-08-2008, 12:30 AM
I think a few Chiefs rookies loked very good. Dorsey had alot of penetration and activity behind the LOS. Carr and Flowers, for rookies, against Welker and Moss looked good. Cox was vey solid. Albert did vey well against Seymour and Warren but his vey solidness was overshadowed by the terribliness of the play calling by the HC/OC. Jamal Charles had a solid day.

Flyboy
09-08-2008, 12:30 AM
Anyone know how Vernon Gholston looked?

yodabear
09-08-2008, 12:31 AM
Chris Long like the rest of his team did not show up to Lincoln Financial Field.

Bruce Banner
09-08-2008, 12:32 AM

Usually if you don't hear a highly touted guys name after week one, he didn't do well.

That said, I didn't see him play.

I think I heard someone use the word "average".

Geo
09-08-2008, 12:35 AM
Marcus Harrison, 3rd round pick out of Arkansas, was just dominating the LoS tonight.
I was a big fan of that pick by the Bears (really liked all of their picks through the third round), Harrison was noticeable at times tonight which is good for a defensive lineman.

BlindSite
09-08-2008, 12:41 AM
I was a big fan of that pick by the Bears (really liked all of their picks through the third round), Harrison was noticeable at times tonight which is good for a defensive lineman.

If I had of realised he was a rookie he would've been in my thread, can't believe I missed that one.

yo123
09-08-2008, 12:42 AM

I heard he didn't even play much, and when he did he was a nonfactor

nikkayeah
09-08-2008, 01:24 AM
im surprised no one has mentioned desean jackson yet

soybean
09-08-2008, 01:33 AM
desean jackson 6 rec 106 yards.

dude's gonna be a baller.

niel89
09-08-2008, 02:10 AM

+ 96 return yards. he's gonna have a good year.

Gay Ork Wang
09-08-2008, 06:25 AM
looking at all those rookies looks like this class could be something really special

eaglesalltheway
09-08-2008, 06:40 AM
Chris Long like the rest of his team did not show up to Lincoln Financial Field.

I don't know how much his performance shows up in the stat sheet, but he was very close to a lot of plays and did have a few tackles.

eaglesalltheway
09-08-2008, 06:53 AM
im surprised no one has mentioned desean jackson yet

Just wait for the Jordy Nelson talk tonight...

Here is the DeSean and more...

Receiving and return numbers are already up, no use re-posting it, but this kidripped up the Rams secondary yesterday. Granted this isn't the best secondary in the NFL, but they have a few young guys back there that have potential. He was thrown to the most of any receiver in the game, and had the most receptions as well. Was the primary target in the first two games of the season, the biggest compliment Andy Reid could give a rookie WR. It was obvious the Rams were very worried about him, because the safeties were a little to focused on him on occasion, most notably in Avants 37 yard catch. The CB blitzed, and the S who was supposed to cover Avant ran right over to DeSean to help the CB, and left Avant wide open. Opened up a lot of capabilities for our other WRs yesterday, and took advantage fo the opportunites he was given. Over 200 all-purpose yards yesterday, not too bad for a rookie in his first game.

Trevor Laws also was making an impact and had a lot of hurries and was very close to a lot of tackles. Was robbed of a sack when he beat Richie Incognito (I think) and was heading straight for Bulger, but Incognito (If indeed thats who it was) horsecollar tackled him. I was screaming at my TV for a solid 5 minutes about the absence of the flag. Laws was crawling desperately for Bulger's ankles, but Bulger released the ball before Laws could affect his throw.

Quentin Dmeps had a few very good Special Teams plays, sticking the Rams at the two yard line on two cosecutive punts. He also had a few tackles as well. Our other Rookies are either on IR, the Practice Squad, or were inactive for the game, so none of them had any opportunities to make an impact.

CJSchneider
09-08-2008, 07:07 AM

I know he didn't do squat. No tackles and looked slow off the ball.

regoob2
09-08-2008, 09:58 AM
Marcus Harrison completely blew up a 4th and 1 run up the middle. He drove his lineman like 4 yards back. Him and DD looked good.

iBoldin
09-08-2008, 10:20 AM
Tim Hightower looked good for the Cards, he had a touchdown for us, in limited action. I still don't like the guy, but he could be a nice complimentary back, but nothing more.

Other then that, Calais Campbell was the only other guy I noticed, tbh.

umphrey
09-08-2008, 11:25 AM
Philip Merling looked good for the Dolphins

Sedrick Ellis played great. He'll be a great teammate on that Saint's DL, not doing too much himself but he'll allow others to make plays.

I thought Dexter Jackson, Bucs KR, looked quick and explosive even though he lost his balance a few times.

yodabear
09-08-2008, 11:28 AM

Can I just throw in they were playing the Rams.......

umphrey
09-08-2008, 11:32 AM
I still think Jackson will have the best 1st year out of this class...He and McNabb will do well together until one of them gets hurt

TimD
09-08-2008, 11:33 AM
Dwight Lowry had 2 key knock downs in the end of the Jets game.

derza222
09-08-2008, 12:05 PM

Gholston didn't really do much. Wasn't on the field very often and if our OLB's (Pace with 1 sack and Thomas with 2) continue to get after the passer he won't need to be on the field much outside of for his own development. He certainly pushed tackles back and sometimes close to the quarterback (almost picked up half a sack) but didn't really blow by anyone. Seemed to bull rush a lot.

As far as I know missing minicamps really hurt him and he has continued to say that he's out there thinking. Once he get comfortable and starts reacting and playing on his instincts and using his athleticism with those instincts I think you'll see some improvement. However, he does like pretty stiff out there. Thank goodness we don't need him to start this season.

Dwight Lowry had 2 key knock downs in the end of the Jets game.

In the end zone too. The second one he picked up a guy that motioned a little late and dove out to knock the ball away and save the touchdown. Tremendous play, the guy has great ball skills and instincts. He could be a tremendous #2 across from Revis who looked like a stud, only downside for both is that the Dolphins wideouts don't exactly strike fear in the hearts of their opponents.

T-RICH49
09-08-2008, 01:04 PM
for a guy who missed all the preseason Branden Albert looked great.never committed a penalty or gave up a sack

MetSox17
09-08-2008, 01:25 PM
for a guy who missed all the preseason Branden Albert looked great.never committed a penalty or gave up a sack

Branden Albert is gonna be what D'brickashaw should have been.

Sniper
09-08-2008, 01:33 PM
In addition to the aforementioned DeSean Jackson awesomeness, he also absolutely roasted Fakhir Brown and would have had a TD but Brown hauled him down, and somehow, some way, there was no flag thrown despite it being one of the most obvious PI calls ever. It may have something to do with the game being a blowout, but still. Jackson's first grab was absolutely silly.

abaddon41_80
09-08-2008, 01:42 PM
From what I saw

- Desean Jackson is looking amazing and I wish the 49ers would have listened to Jerry Rice and drafted him

- We all know Chris Johnson is fast but he looked pretty powerful as well against a tough Jaguars defense

- Felix Jones and Matt Forte looked great while Kevin Smith and Steve Slaton both looked solid. This running back class is going to go down in history

- Derrick Harvey showed good awareness when he intercepted Vince Young but he couldn't get much of a pass rush going

- Brian Witherspoon, return man for the Jaguars, looked great on both kickoff and punt returns

- Kentwan Balmer had a nice 6 yard kickoff return when the Cardinals pooched it to him

Scotty D
09-08-2008, 01:52 PM

Choosing Cherilous over Albert will prove to be one of Millen's biggest mistakes.

Go_Eagles77
09-08-2008, 02:49 PM
I may be on DeSean's nuts a tad too much but I must say it's great to have a rookie with this kind of impact, especially in a year where we didn't even have a 1st round pick.

CC.SD
09-08-2008, 02:55 PM
Choosing Cherilous over Albert will prove to be one of Millen's biggest mistakes.

Actually it won't, and that's even worse.

sweetness34
09-08-2008, 02:59 PM
No Forte mentions yet? Kid had a great night night in a National Game against a good defense with a bad OL.

d34ng3l021
09-08-2008, 02:59 PM
I may be on DeSean's nuts a tad too much but I must say it's great to have a rookie with this kind of impact, especially in a year where we didn't even have a 1st round pick.

I know what you mean. Our top 10 pick last year failed to register a sack. This year, Matt Ryan and Sam Baker are both playing lights out for rookies.

A Perfect Score
09-08-2008, 03:05 PM
all im going to say is...JOE FLACCO!

I did not like the pick at the time (I still dont, to be honest...I would have just stuck with troy smith), but he looked pretty comfortable back there and didnt make any major mistakes while showcasing some of his talents.

vidae
09-08-2008, 04:14 PM
Branden Albert looked like a stud on the oline. The line itself was just okay, gave up a few sacks and didn't open up many holes for our ground attack, but we were playing a very good NE defense. I think that'll improve as the season goes on as our starters get more used to each other. Doesn't hurt that he's playing next to Brian Waters either.

Mike Cox will be a very good fullback for us I think. Not only is he getting better at blocking, he is proving to be a very reliable receiver out of the backfield.

Glenn Dorsey is continuing to improve as well. Once he gets adjusted to the speed of the game, I think he'll be a special player.

I didn't get a chance to see much of Flowers/Carr, but they're young corners so they'll need a bit more time to get adjusted to the NFL game. I think once that happens though, we have our two future starters.

Overall, our rookies played well. Some better than others.

iowatreat54
09-08-2008, 04:17 PM
No Forte mentions yet? Kid had a great night night in a National Game against a good defense with a bad OL.

see 2nd post of thread

RaiderNation
09-08-2008, 04:53 PM
I expect McFadden to get 10-20 touches a game. I say 13 carries for 75 yards today. I have a feeling he is going to break a 40 or 50 yard run to spark the Raiders offense against denver.

eaglesalltheway
09-08-2008, 05:03 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Albert get picked before the Lions picked Cherilous?

scottyboy
09-08-2008, 05:06 PM
Ray Rice was good, he rules. pwnd some Cincy bitches. sent their asses to jail.

Phillips looked good when he came in on nickel situations. Couple nice tackles, not much time though. Too little to really judge him

vidae
09-08-2008, 05:11 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Albert get picked before the Lions picked Cherilous?

We traded up with the Lions in front of the Eagles to secure him. The Lions originally had the 15th pick and we owned the 17th via the Jared Allen trade.

eaglesalltheway
09-08-2008, 05:11 PM
Yeah I saw him come in on a few blitzes. He sort of looked like he was trying to dance around Portis, and that **** don't fly, cause Portis is a great blocker. Give him some more time and he will improve greatly in that area.

eaglesalltheway
09-08-2008, 05:14 PM
We traded up with the Lions in front of the Eagles to secure him. The Lions originally had the 15th pick and we owned the 17th via the Jared Allen trade.

OK now I remember, I just needed a little jostling of my memory. I remember watching the draft, and for some reason I just knew the Lions wouldn't pick Albert, (because that would be the smart thing to do) but when I saw that they traded with KC, my heart dropped, becuase I knew they woud pick Albert. I fully beleive the Eagles would have picked Albert if not for that trade. But DeSean is impressing me a lot, and those wounds are nearly healed ;).

As it turned out, my memory di serve me right, I just forgot about the Lions opportunity to grab Albert.

d34ng3l021
09-08-2008, 05:36 PM
all im going to say is...JOE FLACCO!

I did not like the pick at the time (I still dont, to be honest...I would have just stuck with troy smith), but he looked pretty comfortable back there and didnt make any major mistakes while showcasing some of his talents.

I thought he was going to get rocked in his first start. Though I do see him struggling a lot after playing in Delaware last year, he surprised me with his no turnovers (no interceptions at least. I didnt check fumbles).

abaddon41_80
09-08-2008, 05:43 PM
I don't mean to put down Flacco but he was playing the Bengals defense

d34ng3l021
09-08-2008, 05:53 PM
I don't mean to put down Flacco but he was playing the Bengals defense

Which, though it may suck at stopping points, is pretty good at creating turnovers.

Geo
09-08-2008, 05:54 PM
Terrible fumble, gave up the only Cincy TD because of it. But Rice looked good when I saw him, not surprised by that at all.

I always felt that Rice and Matt Forte were definite second round picks because these guys could be starting backs. Being complementary would be a waste, they have starting potential.

MetSox17
09-08-2008, 06:09 PM

I don't know if you were being facetious, but this one will definitely be a pretty big mistake down the road as well. I mean, geezus, Albert was being talked about as a top-ten pick, heck, the (not so) great Mel Kiper Jr at one point had him at five to Kansas City, why they gave up on him for Cherilus is beyond me, but like it was mentioned before, this WON'T be his biggest mistake.

It's way too early to even say what Cherilus might become, but even if he's halfway decent, it'll be better than the Mike Williams travesty. I really feel bad for Lions fans. How this man still has a job is mind boggling.

Menardo75
09-08-2008, 07:15 PM

Yeah I think Gosder will be a very good RT

jetsfan0099
09-08-2008, 08:26 PM

Vernon Gholston only really played DE this game, he is used as a pass rusher on passing downs, he looked better this week, he collapsed the pocket a few times bullrushing the OT into the QBs face. He should of had a half a sack, got to Pennington with Ellis, also he should of had a sack when he got to Pennington but forgot to wrap him up.
Not what you look for in a 6th overall pick, but w/e the Jets won and our pass rush was good, Bryan Thomas and Calvin Pace both played outstanding at OLB, so it will be hard for Gholston to play at OLB, but there play will actually help Gholston learn the position at a slow pace, not being rushed out there, he doesn't seem like a fast learner.

The Jets impressive rookie is Dwight Lowery, the kid has been great at CB all preseason and training camp, Mangini loves him. He isn't losing the starting job, Justin Miller was a failure at CB in NY. Lowery is a good player, the guy was everywhere it seemed, Darrelle Revis was shut down, he didn't give Ginn any room to get open, till the end in soft coverage, which was Ginns only catch. They picked on Lowery and he did well, having some clutch pass break ups. Bright future for this Lowery kid, who has a lot more speed then advertised, a perfect example of why the Combine doesn't mean anything.
Keller didn't get looks, he will is a very good player, he will get more passes as the season goes on.

jetsfan0099
09-08-2008, 08:28 PM

D'Brickashaw Ferguson played great yesterday, I think only 1 time did he get pushed back, for the most part he was the best OL yesterday for the Jets, he definitely played consistent and was locking his man down.

skiinginNJ
09-08-2008, 10:26 PM

Phillips looked good when he came in on nickel situations. Couple nice tackles, not much time though. Too little to really judge him

Phillips made at least 2 excellent tackles that stopped 1st downs. a lot better tackler than i had heard

Bruce Banner
09-08-2008, 10:28 PM
How about that Royal kid?

Making them look foolish tonight. We'll see if he can sustain this.

TheBuffaloBills
09-08-2008, 10:31 PM
Royal has looked very good so far.

d34ng3l021
09-08-2008, 10:41 PM
How about that Royal kid?

Making them look foolish tonight. We'll see if he can sustain this.

I do not see why not. Raiders have had one of the top pass defenses in the league for the past couple of years.

Eddie Royal and DeSean Jackson both seem like the real deal. Weird how they dropped (or at least, DeSean) past the first round.

Bruce Banner
09-08-2008, 10:47 PM
I do not see why not. Raiders have had one of the top pass defenses in the league for the past couple of years.

Eddie Royal and DeSean Jackson both seem like the real deal. Weird how they dropped (or at least, DeSean) past the first round.

a great secondary + no pass rush = below average secondary

that's elementary **** man

Menardo75
09-09-2008, 12:04 AM
Im suprised they did not give McFadden more touches. Nothing wrong with pounding it with Fargas but just suprising. Jamarcus needs some help in the passing game that is sure

BlindSite
09-09-2008, 12:19 AM
a great secondary + no pass rush = below average secondary

that's elementary **** man

Its a fair point, but it still takes a good receiver to get away from probowl level players as a rookie.

Its easy to detract from a performance by looking at their opponent but if you dominate what more do you want?

Bruce Banner
09-09-2008, 12:21 AM
Its a fair point, but it still takes a good receiver to get away from probowl level players as a rookie.

Its easy to detract from a performance by looking at their opponent but if you dominate what more do you want?

just shut the **** up you contrarian ass.

all you do is disagree with people and apparently for no reason.

BlindSite
09-09-2008, 12:37 AM
just shut the **** up you contrarian ass.

all you do is disagree with people and apparently for no reason.

http://www.ratemyeverything.net/image/2175/0/Anger.ashx

I'm not one to rag on someone for thinking a rookie dominating a former pro bowler isn't at all commendable.

CC.SD
09-09-2008, 12:57 AM
It's a decent point though; the game's designed to let receivers roam free, with no pass rush any secondary would get turned inside out. It's just impossible to cover a guy with any sort of speed for 10+ seconds. I'm sure Royal will be a great receiver, but you can't knock the Oakland secondary too badly.

It does suck to be D-Hall tonight though.

SchizophrenicBatman
09-09-2008, 03:06 AM
After rewatching the Carolina/San Diego game, Jeff Otah is an absolute manbeast. Everything he was promised to be as a run blocker but much more than expected in the passing game. Not saying he's all the way there yet, but it's night and day from Jordan Gross and his backpedaling

BTW, anyone remember the talk of Forte moving to FB early in the draft process last year? I'm still trying to figure out where the hell that came from and why anyone thought it'd be necessary

Bruce Banner
09-09-2008, 03:09 AM
BTW, anyone remember the talk of Forte moving to FB early in the draft process last year? I'm still trying to figure out where the hell that came from and why anyone thought it'd be necessary

No recollection.

Caddy
09-09-2008, 03:49 AM

When the draft came around I knew that I wanted a small, fast receiver. I was a HUGE DeSean Jackson homer and I was also a small fan of Royal.

Then the Buccaneers drafted Dexter Jackson. Now admittedly he hasn't played on offense yet, but with DeSean and Eddie doing so well, I feel slightly concerned that the Buccaneers didn't grab one of the guys I wanted.

Bruce Banner
09-09-2008, 03:50 AM
When the draft came around I knew that I wanted a small, fast receiver. I was a HUGE DeSean Jackson homer and I was also a small fan of Royal.

Then the Buccaneers drafted Dexter Jackson. Now admittedly he hasn't played on offense yet, but with DeSean and Eddie doing so well, I feel slightly concerned that the Buccaneers didn't grab one of the guys I wanted.

You know better.

No matter what the talent, they will fall to Chuck's ineptitude.

Caddy
09-09-2008, 03:52 AM
You know better.

No matter what the talent, they will fall to Chuck's ineptitude.

Or maybe even worse, DeSean or Eddie would have come in, posted a 10+ TD and 1500 yard season, then fallen into mediocrity like some other guy the Bucs drafted a few years back.

Bruce Banner
09-09-2008, 03:53 AM
Or maybe even worse, DeSean or Eddie would have come in, posted a 10+ TD and 1500 yard season, then fallen into mediocrity like some other guy the Bucs drafted a few years back.

But he "DAZZLES" the league with his genius. It must be the players!

wicket
09-09-2008, 04:34 AM
I love the way my NO boys played, both ellis and porter were awesome. However the best must have been in no particular order.
Chris Johnson
DeSean Jackson
Eddie Royal
Matt Forte

A couple of other defensive players looked good as well however to early to be awesome on that side of the ball perhaps

d34ng3l021
09-09-2008, 05:13 AM

I was a huge fan of DeSean Jackson as well. I thought he had the capabilities of Steve Smith. Though my opinion of him slightly decreased as the draft grew closer, I still thought he could make a good impact on some team. I didn't think he was this good in the passing game.

abaddon41_80
09-09-2008, 08:42 AM
Did anyone else notice how great Ryan Clady looked last night? He looked better than Joe Thomas did in his first game last year

Gay Ork Wang
09-09-2008, 09:58 AM
Joe Thomas had to face the Steelers.

He faced the Raiders.

CJSchneider
09-09-2008, 10:05 AM
Keith Rivers led the Bengals with 9 solo tackles.

irishbucsfan
09-09-2008, 10:14 AM
I'm very excited to see what dexter jackson can do for our team. I know he was slipping about a bit on the Saints' turf, but apart from that how did he look? After seeing how well Royal and the other Jackson did, I just need somebody to tell me it's all going to be ok...

saintsfan912
09-09-2008, 10:34 AM
Dexter Jackson wasn't slipping, he was falling. Like scared falling. You could tell on his first 4 returns that he wasn't slipping on accident. He actually grew a pair later in the 2nd half but in the first half he was completely falling down.

rockio42
09-09-2008, 10:54 AM
In addition to the aforementioned DeSean Jackson awesomeness, he also absolutely roasted Fakhir Brown and would have had a TD but Brown hauled him down, and somehow, some way, there was no flag thrown despite it being one of the most obvious PI calls ever. It may have something to do with the game being a blowout, but still. Jackson's first grab was absolutely silly.

Looking at that play, I still don't know how Tye Hill didn't at least touch that ball, his coverage was great

rockio42
09-09-2008, 10:56 AM

I don't think hell be able to beat Mike Williams over Jamaal Brown, Shawn Merriman, and DeMarcus Ware

SFbear
09-09-2008, 11:01 AM
How does everyone anticipate Royal's production being affected by Brandon Marshall coming back next week? I feel like Marshall and Royal could make a pretty effective duo.

saintsfan912
09-09-2008, 11:01 AM
I hope he doesn't effect it in a bad way. I just picked him up in my fantasy league ha.

rockio42
09-09-2008, 11:03 AM
Keith Rivers led the Bengals with 9 solo tackles.

Didn't Mark Clayton make him look like an idiot on the reverse?

Bruce Banner
09-09-2008, 12:40 PM
Dexter Jackson wasn't slipping, he was falling. Like scared falling. You could tell on his first 4 returns that he wasn't slipping on accident. He actually grew a pair later in the 2nd half but in the first half he was completely falling down.

You're a ******* moron.

Superdome Slippage
There was 1:33 remaining in the fourth quarter, the Cowboys were down by six and driving. Then, as if fate had determined it just wasn't the Cowboys' day, a wide-open Terry Glenn slipped coming out of his break at the 10-yard line, allowing Saints safety Jay Bellamy to step up for his second interception of the day.

Glenn wasn't the only one having trouble with the Superdome turf. Fullback Richie Anderson slipped a number of times, as did running back Troy Hambrick.

"That's another thing that's stupid; it's their fault," Cowboys head coach Bill Parcells said. "It's simple. Any football player knows that."

The Superdome turf, similar to Texas Stadium's turf, was installed midway through this season and has yet to settle in like the turf in Dallas has. The slippery footing forced many of the players to switch shoes during the game, but even that didn't seem to matter at times.
http://www.dallascowboys.com/gameday_2003.cfm?gameWeek=16
http://www.pr.com/press-release/18875

All that we can hope for now is that the worse disaster to take place in the Superdome is Reggie Bush sliding on the slippery new turf.
http://media.www.thehullabaloo.com/media/storage/paper958/news/2006/09/29/Sports/Three.Point.Play-2317080.shtml

But others who have played on it found the new AstroPlay surface a little slippery and a bit tricky.

Atlanta Falcons kicker Jay Feely blamed it for a stumble on a bad miss in overtime on Nov. 16, the first game the New Orleans Saints tried the turf.

DiCarlo was wary that NFL kickers are just 8-for-14 on field goals since the switch.

"I heard they're only making about 50 percent," Oklahoma's kicker said. "Maybe it's got some spell in it."

Dallas Cowboys coach Bill Parcells watched several of his guys trip and tumble in Sunday's 13-7 loss to the Saints. Wide receiver Terry Glenn fell at a key spot in the final two minutes, leading to an interception that sealed the defeat.
http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2003/dec/30/sooners_tigers_hope/

and you think taking a dive when there are no open holes to hit is being scared?

scottyboy
09-09-2008, 02:28 PM
Phillips made at least 2 excellent tackles that stopped 1st downs. a lot better tackler than i had heard

yes, he got a bad rep for being a poor tackler, which I never understood. #10 in particular was very down on him, but I love the kid. Him and Ross re sex inthe secondary

Turtlepower
09-09-2008, 06:47 PM
yes, he got a bad rep for being a poor tackler, which I never understood. #10 in particular was very down on him, but I love the kid. Him and Ross re sex inthe secondary

Did you see how ****ty Gibril was last night for the Raiders? It made me happy. =D

CJSchneider
09-09-2008, 07:15 PM
Didn't Mark Clayton make him look like an idiot on the reverse?

I didn't watch all of that game so it is surely possible. The fact remains that he is a rookie and led his team in tackles. It was good enough (9 solo 1 assissted) to have him tied for 3rd in the leauge in that catergory.

STARHEATHER
09-09-2008, 07:26 PM
rashard mendenhall showed some nice ability. he was more succesful when the game still mattered. he does silly stuff with his feet and he rarely goes down on first contact. its just a matter of time before he breaks one. wp still the man, but at this point rm may be the more powerful and faster of the two, although he certainly hasnt learned the craft of being an nfl back as well as wp, and thats saying a lot. he may have the best rb body ive ever seen. also nice job on kr consistently getting them out to the 30. he looks to be the man there going further. it must be terrible to be on kr coverage and have to tackle him coming full speed. hes going to bust one of those too. steelers also got some nice st work from donovan woods ufa from ok st

saintsfan912
09-09-2008, 08:10 PM
You're a ******* moron.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/gameday_2003.cfm?gameWeek=16
http://www.pr.com/press-release/18875

http://media.www.thehullabaloo.com/media/storage/paper958/news/2006/09/29/Sports/Three.Point.Play-2317080.shtml

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2003/dec/30/sooners_tigers_hope/

and you think taking a dive when there are no open holes to hit is being scared?

All those ******* articles are old as ****. Try again. Its pretty good that the Saints weren't slipping on the turf even though they haven't practiced on that field or played on it in 3 weeks before the game.

Bruce Banner
09-09-2008, 08:12 PM
All those ******* articles are old as ****. Try again. Its pretty good that the Saints weren't slipping on the turf even though they haven't practiced on that field or played on it in 3 weeks before the game.

does the fact they the articles are old change the fact that D-Jax has never played on that turf and its slippery as hell?

saintsfan912
09-09-2008, 08:16 PM
If it was a problem, they would have changed it a long time ago. Did you see any of the new Saints players slip? I sure as hell didn't. Go back and watch the game again before you call people a ******* moron.

Bruce Banner
09-09-2008, 08:17 PM
If it was a problem, they would have changed it a long time ago. Did you see any of the new Saints players slip? I sure as hell didn't. Go back and watch the game again before you call people a ******* moron.

You realize they've been practicing on that for months/weeks right?

saintsfan912
09-09-2008, 08:19 PM
That was the first time Shockey has played in the dome. His footing looked just fine. I didn't see Pierre Thomas slip last year, he was a rookie playing in the dome for the first time. I don't remember too much from Reggie's rookie year so can't say anything about him.

Sniper
09-09-2008, 09:20 PM
That was the first time Shockey has played in the dome. His footing looked just fine. I didn't see Pierre Thomas slip last year, he was a rookie playing in the dome for the first time. I don't remember too much from Reggie's rookie year so can't say anything about him.

I love dome.

saintsfan912
09-09-2008, 09:21 PM
I love lamp.

d34ng3l021
09-09-2008, 09:30 PM
Wasn't Rivers the one that lost containment of Flacco? I dont remember.

I have the Saints-Bucs game downloaded and I will watch it later. I will comment on Sedrick Ellis and Talib later.

Bruce Banner
09-09-2008, 10:04 PM

I have the Saints-Bucs game downloaded and I will watch it later. I will comment on Sedrick Ellis and Talib later.

Take note of Talib getting burned.

umphrey
09-29-2008, 01:52 PM
Jordyzzzzzzzz!

Jordy Nelson was our second best receiver with 4 grabs for 31 yards. He had a TD week 2 vs Detroit. He looks like he belongs in the NFL. Just needs to hit the weight room for another year, then BEAST MODE!!!!!

Go_Eagles77
09-29-2008, 02:01 PM
I kinda have a love/hate relationship with DeSean Jackson. lol

703SKINS202
09-29-2008, 02:07 PM
Chris Horton is doing big things. 7th round steal already has 3 picks and is looking really nice.

themaninblack
09-29-2008, 05:19 PM

Yes it was. He's made some rookie mistakes which is to be expected. Even though he was late getting into camp he has picked up the defense extremely well and has looked very good thus far. I just don't understand why he isn't on the field more on third down.

CC.SD
09-29-2008, 06:15 PM
http://wc.arizona.edu/papers/98/199/sundaySpecial/1.jpg

Cason is VERY NINJA!

SuperMcGee
09-29-2008, 07:18 PM
McKelvin looked decent/not bad filling in the nickel role and even playing on the outside a little after McGee went down. He destroyed Looker and forced/recovered a fumble late in the game. Had at least one very nice return, may have brought two back to midfield.
Hardy was targeted early and often but was wholly ineffective. Couldn't do anything against Ron Bartell.

saintsfan912
09-29-2008, 07:54 PM
Tracy Porter got his first pick yesterday. Was in the end zone and prevented a TD. He also had a sack. Sedrick Ellis picked up a sack as well.

d34ng3l021
09-29-2008, 07:59 PM
http://skylarsraiders.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/matt.jpg

Future All-Pro

DeathbyStat
09-29-2008, 11:56 PM
Well Medenhall is out for the year

T-RICH49
10-26-2008, 04:39 PM
Brandon Flowers BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

M.O.T.H.
10-26-2008, 04:40 PM
Mike Jenkins and Orlando Scandrick both had great games today for the Cowboys. Added some much needed energy/enthusiasm to the defense.

BlindSite
10-26-2008, 04:43 PM
Charles Godfrey saved the day for the Panthers by stopping a play 4 yds before a first down on a fake field goal, he was the last man to beat.

Not really rookies but, Jarrett and Charles Johnson have both been called busts for not contributing as rookies, both had great days today. Johnson had 2 sacks and 2 batted passes rotating in.

Malaka
10-26-2008, 07:09 PM
Kenny Phillips has been a great for the Giants, definitely on the right track, he would be starting if Coughlin was not so scared of putting rookies in the starting roster, he still gets a lot of playing time, we should just put him at SS because Michael Johnson is pretty good, but Butler is still horrible.

Terrell Thomas has not played much because of some preseason injuries, but played a little today with Kevin Dockery's injury. He will probably get more playing time as the year goes on, Corey Webster has been great, Ross and Dockery have been solid so, he understandably has not played, I like his potential though.

Mario Manningham has 1 catch for 7 yards, also had a pre-season injury that hindered him, did look good in the preseason. Dropped a pass today, he has a lot of potential, I think he was a steal in the third.

Bryan Kehl has taken the starting spot from Gerris Wilkinson he is playing extremely well for 4th round pick. He is playing aggressive and making plays, he had an INT tonight.

Jonahtan Goff has not played at all due to injuries, but also due the depth at MLB, with Pierce and Blackburn in front of him, I like him and wanna see what he can do.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-26-2008, 07:46 PM
No offense but you are calling a guy a steal in the 3rd who hasn't done anything yet. IMO I'd wait for any judgments. IMO you can make an argument to any rookie WR drafted who is still on a roster and say they have potential to be good, because every single rookie does. You don't make an NFL roster without having talent and potential, it's just a matter of actually producing on the field or just becoming another former WR who you remember having so much potential.

throwback54milkman
10-26-2008, 07:53 PM
vernon gholston has the same amount of tackles on the year as our punter

Go_Eagles77
10-26-2008, 07:54 PM
DeSean Jackson had a solid game, but had another bonehead play on a PR where he ran forward 5 yards, then turned around and lost another 20 and was tackled at our own 1 yard line. I don't know how he gets as wide open as he does on some catches though. Al Michaels was right when he said he would give us a lot of thrills and chills.

Malaka
10-26-2008, 08:51 PM
No offense but you are calling a guy a steal in the 3rd who hasn't done anything yet. IMO I'd wait for any judgments. IMO you can make an argument to any rookie WR drafted who is still on a roster and say they have potential to be good, because every single rookie does. You don't make an NFL roster without having talent and potential, it's just a matter of actually producing on the field or just becoming another former WR who you remember having so much potential.

What I meant by steal, was a very good value in the third, I guess steal is the wrong phrase. I mean, I remember Mayock's final draft had us taking Manningham in the first, I think Mayock is an idiot but I still thought Super Mario would be a 2nd rounder not a late third rounder.

holt_bruce81
10-26-2008, 09:26 PM
Donnie Avery is looking better and better every week.

M.O.T.H.
10-26-2008, 09:47 PM
Tis the year of the small speedy receiver...most of which are rookies but hey, even Teddy Ginn had a great performance today. The league is changing once again and these little speed guys all look uncoverable now a days.

Pokeys
10-26-2008, 09:49 PM
Sweed finally seen some action, Didn't look to bad. Not alot of action went his way but he made the catches when called upon.

lol @ Malcolm Kelly and the Skins. What a joke Washington is...

Malaka
10-26-2008, 09:53 PM
Sweed finally seen some action, Didn't look to bad. Not alot of action went his way but he made the catches when called upon.

lol @ Malcolm Kelly and the Skins. What a joke Washington is...

What happened to the skins and Malcolm Kelly?

holt_bruce81
10-26-2008, 09:55 PM
What happened to the skins and Malcolm Kelly?

His knees are done.

Malaka
10-26-2008, 09:58 PM
His knees are done.

Career ending?.... :eek:

10-26-2008, 10:00 PM
Career ending?.... :eek:

No but his season is done.

Pokeys
10-26-2008, 10:00 PM
Season ending... Its like a never ending issue with him week in and week out. Only a matter of time before they put him on the shelf for this season.

M.O.T.H.
10-26-2008, 10:01 PM
Not quite, not yet. He's going to the IR, though. He's damaged goods, he has the knees of a 12 year vet.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-26-2008, 10:13 PM
No but he might be on the IR for the year. Don't expect much out of him anyways but he could develop down the line, who knows. But Devin Thomas looks like a future beast at WR but time will tell if he can refine his route running, and Fred Davis could be a beast pair with Cooley in the near future. I also remember people writing off guys like Lee Evans for bad knees so I won't put too much into anything but yeah he is fragile as hell. I'll admit I wanted Limas Sweed over him badly and still do, but you can't deny a 6-5" guy with his ball skills. But right now we don't need him with Moss, El, and the development of Devin Thomas. Devin Thomas is a beast blocker and has the speed and strength you don't expect from a slot receiver. I can imagine him next year lining up across from Santana as our #2, with Randle El excelling in a "Wes Welker" type role.

d34ng3l021
10-26-2008, 10:16 PM
Curtis Lofton moves in on the DROTY lead as Horton doesnt play today (right?) with a sack and FF today.

Matt Ryan might take a setback with his performance today and the potential Chris Johnson performance.

10-26-2008, 10:16 PM
No but he might be on the IR for the year. Don't expect much out of him anyways but he could develop down the line, who knows. But Devin Thomas looks like a future beast at WR but time will tell if he can refine his route running, and Fred Davis could be a beast pair with Cooley in the near future.

More questions than answers from what we've seen from this trio thus far. We'll see.

holt_bruce81
10-26-2008, 10:27 PM
Curtis Lofton moves in on the DROTY lead as Horton doesnt play today (right?) with a sack and FF today.

Matt Ryan might take a setback with his performance today and the potential Chris Johnson performance.

Lofton was my #1 rated Linebacker going into the draft, seen him a few times. Knew he was going to be a beast.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-26-2008, 10:29 PM
When you look at Malcolm Kelly you have to wonder. Horrible Knees, no separation, bad blocker. The other two you can't deny the tools. Devin Thomas is big, fast, physical, has a mean streak and has pretty good hands. His biggest question area of improvement is running intermediate routes as well as learning the nuances. He would easily have 150+ receiving years this year if he was more subtle about using his hands. He has multiple big catches this year negated by offensive pass interference calls. He also had a 55 yard TD catch week 5 negated by an unsportsmanlike play from a lineman which had nothing to do with the play and was 50 yards back from Thomas who was 5 yards from the endzone. Fred Davis isn't getting much pt right now because Cooley is a top 5 TE in the NFL and right now Todd Yoder is a great blocking TE. Once Davis improves his blocking he will get in there. He has great athleticism and soft hands. Arguably a better deep threat than Cooley. A testament to his athletic ability was the Skins giving him a TE reverse last week. I don't know many teams who would give their TE the ball in the open space asking them to turn the corner. He has a great attitude and work ethic and most impressive with Thomas and Davis is although they haven't been involved too much in the offense they are special teams aces. Both have saved Kick return touchdowns on numerous occasions. Small victories but still if they are willing to start from the bottom they are more likely to rise to the top. I know that any of the 3 or even all 3 could end up busts, but potential is definitely there especially for the 2 I mentioned, Kelly I have no expectations for. Any production to the team would be good production. You have to think though he was basically a throw in. Instead of taking Devin Thomas with the 21st pick we traded down to 34 and 50 and still got Thomas as well as Kelly. So he was basically a bonus project. Thomas was projected to go as high as 11 to Buffalo and they really liked him. He was probably 3rd or 4th on their draft board when they chose.

giantsfan
10-26-2008, 10:30 PM
KP with his first career INT and a hit so hard they penalized him for it.

HawkeyeFan
10-27-2008, 10:30 AM
Donnie Avery:
6 receptions, 163 yards, 1 TD

Chris Long:
3 tackles, 2 sacks

rockio42
10-27-2008, 11:07 AM
Lofton was my #1 rated Linebacker going into the draft, seen him a few times. Knew he was going to be a beast.

Same here, I saw firsthand him destroy Mizzou down in San Antonio

Gay Ork Wang
10-27-2008, 11:07 AM
Chris Williams has yet to allow a sack or commit a penalty!!!!!!! GOD!

rockio42
10-27-2008, 11:09 AM
Chris Williams has yet to allow a sack or commit a penalty!!!!!!! GOD!

wait a minute...

SeanTaylorRIP
10-27-2008, 11:24 AM
Donnie Avery:

Chris Long:
3 tackles, 2 sacks

Great to see From Chris. That's what 4 sacks on the year? I don't get to see Rams games but if he's anywhere near what he was at UVA you must be very pleased with the pick. As far as Avery I'm glad he's proving all the naysayers who questioned the Rams making him the top wideout in the draft.

HawkeyeFan
10-27-2008, 12:35 PM
Great to see From Chris. That's what 4 sacks on the year? I don't get to see Rams games but if he's anywhere near what he was at UVA you must be very pleased with the pick. As far as Avery I'm glad he's proving all the naysayers who questioned the Rams making him the top wideout in the draft.

I am very pleased with the pick :) as well as Avery, and Burton.

Chris Long has 4 sacks on the year now, and its only week 9.

Not bad for a rookie.

Gay Ork Wang
10-27-2008, 12:41 PM
wait a minute...
yes i know its awesome

iloxygenil
10-27-2008, 03:53 PM
Donnie Avery:

Chris Long:
3 tackles, 2 sacks

Impressive by both of those guys.

d34ng3l021
10-27-2008, 06:22 PM
I am very pleased with the pick :) as well as Avery, and Burton.

Chris Long has 4 sacks on the year now, and its only week 9.

Not bad for a rookie.

Definitely. I compared Chris Long to Jamaal Anderson last year (funny how both of them are starting to do somewhat well this year) and I wasn't sure if he had enough first step explosion to cause damage as a pass rusher. Clearly, he is finding ways to prove me wrong. Good for him.

bored of education
10-27-2008, 06:23 PM
Jamaal Charles is 3rd on the Chiefs in receptions. Carr and Flowers are very good t2 Corners. Mike Cox does a great job at FB. Albert is the future at LT. Dorsey is having issues because the coaching sucks.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-27-2008, 09:05 PM
Definitely. I compared Chris Long to Jamaal Anderson last year (funny how both of them are starting to do somewhat well this year) and I wasn't sure if he had enough first step explosion to cause damage as a pass rusher. Clearly, he is finding ways to prove me wrong. Good for him.

Chris Long's hands are top 5 in the league as a DE. He uses his hands better than most 10 year vets. His motor is also ridiculous.

Bruce Banner
10-27-2008, 09:05 PM
Chris Long's hands are top 5 in the league as a DE. He uses his hands better than most 10 year vets. His motor is also ridiculous.

He learned from the best!

ShutDwn
10-27-2008, 09:09 PM
Don't even try a fake field goal on Charles Godfrey.

d34ng3l021
10-27-2008, 09:12 PM

Yeah. He should teach Jamaal Anderson some stuff. I guess there is hope for JA!

Bruce Banner
10-27-2008, 09:15 PM
Yeah. He should teach Jamaal Anderson some stuff. I guess there is hope for JA!

Nah. There isn't. You have to have insane dexterity and quickness to use your hands the way Long does.

d34ng3l021
10-27-2008, 09:20 PM
Nah. There isn't. You have to have insane dexterity and quickness to use your hands the way Long does.

Your just scared that Jamaal Anderson has 2 sacks in his last 6 quarters of play.

Bruce Banner
10-27-2008, 09:23 PM
Your just scared that Jamaal Anderson has 2 sacks in his last 6 quarters of play.

YEP! How'd you know? :o

d34ng3l021
10-27-2008, 09:31 PM
YEP! How'd you know? :o

We are gonna beat you guys down so bad when we play you in the Dome.

Bruce Banner
10-27-2008, 09:32 PM

Matt Ryan will die.

Chucky
10-27-2008, 09:32 PM

Sig Bet? (10)

d34ng3l021
10-27-2008, 09:34 PM
White will make Talib and Barber look absolutely silly and Ryan is going to stand there making pin point throws. You might shut down Turner though. What else is new though?

Yeah I am down for a sig bet.

Bruce Banner
10-27-2008, 09:35 PM
White will make Talib and Barber look absolutely silly and Ryan is going to stand there making pin point throws. You might shut down Turner though. What else is new though?

Yeah I am down for a sig bet.

How's White going to get the ball if Ryan is eating it?

d34ng3l021
10-27-2008, 09:38 PM
How's White going to get the ball if Ryan is eating it?

Well if White is going to get the ball, then I guess Ryan won't be eating it.

Chucky
10-27-2008, 09:39 PM
Maybe White will repeat his studly 59 YD performance.

d34ng3l021
10-27-2008, 09:42 PM
Maybe White will repeat his studly 59 YD performance.

That was with Ryan starting out 0/9 with 2 interceptions and getting sacked 4 times. I am only going to assume that that does not happen and if so, it only makes sense that Roddy do proportionally better than his 59 yard performance.

Chucky
10-27-2008, 09:43 PM
That was with Ryan starting out 0/9 with 2 interceptions and getting sacked 4 times. I am only going to assume that that does not happen and if so, it only makes sense that Roddy do proportionally better than his 59 yard performance.

Why would you assume that it won't happen again? Tampa is going to make Ryan their *****. i just want to see him throw more fade routes :)

Bruce Banner
10-27-2008, 09:44 PM

You think Roddy is the best WR in the NFL.

Admit it.

Chucky
10-27-2008, 09:45 PM
You think Roddy is the best WR in the NFL.

Admit it.

At least he does not think Sam Baker is ROY like some Falcons fans

Bruce Banner
10-27-2008, 09:45 PM

Baker > Joe Thomas, according to Bos.

d34ng3l021
10-27-2008, 09:57 PM
Why would you assume that it won't happen again? Tampa is going to make Ryan their *****. i just want to see him throw more fade routes :)

Not the fade route. Please. Anything but. :(

I dont think Roddy is the best. In just the NFC, I think that Greg Jennings, Steve Smith, Larry Fitzgerald, and Anquan Boldin (maybe...) are better.

And Sam Baker is a beast. I take all this stuff back if Baker doesn't play again.

Pokeys
10-27-2008, 11:32 PM
That was the worst fade pass I've ever seen thrown. Truly terrible...

BlindSite
10-28-2008, 03:39 AM
Not the fade route. Please. Anything but. :(

I dont think Roddy is the best. In just the NFC, I think that Greg Jennings, Steve Smith, Larry Fitzgerald, and Anquan Boldin (maybe...) are better.

And Sam Baker is a beast. I take all this stuff back if Baker doesn't play again.

Baker has been good when in the line up but I'd have him 3rd or 4th of all rookie tackles. Clady is head and shoulders above all others.

Menardo75
10-28-2008, 12:39 PM
Yeah really impressed with Sam Baker I don't know how he went from a sure fire top 5 to late in the first.

iloxygenil
10-28-2008, 01:43 PM

Falcons are 4-0 with Sam Baker playing the entire game...if you don't think he's important you're a...well you are so I don't need to say it.

So like I said, he's the Falcons OROY...and by that...he'd at least top 2 in the NFL. When Baker is in the offensive protection is significantly better, and so is our production. So get over yourself.

iloxygenil
10-28-2008, 01:47 PM
Baker has been good when in the line up but I'd have him 3rd or 4th of all rookie tackles. Clady is head and shoulders above all others.

Head and shoulders huh? Give me some stats to prove it...Sam Baker 0 sacks allowed...could be credited with .5 on a stunt that Blalock let slip past on a miscommunication, but that's it. Sam Baker is a force in the run game too. If you don't think so, please review where the Falcons big runs come from, watch highlights, you'll see. No rookie LT is head and shoulders above Sam Baker, sorry they're just not. He's missed 2.5 games, we're 0-3 in those games. 4-0 when he's in. With Weiner in the Falcons function kind of, with Quinn in...wow...really REALLY bad.

So good luck convincing me of that, yeah Baker may not be the 'best' but he's as close as it's going to get. Ask Gaines Adams what he thought when Baker left the game, he was invisible with Baker in, once he left he destroyed Weiner on the speed rush. Ask anyone who has faced Sam Baker if his arms are too short. I don't wanna turn this into a Sam Baker thread, but people like to keep bringing it up, so may as well get it out there. Clady is fine, but no one is 'head and shoulders' above Baker, he's a force.

iloxygenil
10-28-2008, 01:49 PM

I don't think he's > Joe Thomas, I think he is this year's Joe Thomas though. Meaning that he's comparable, but no, he's not as good as Joe. He's performing exceptionally well though, and prolly stats wise at this point is > Joe, but Joe didn't miss time like Sam has had to with a couple of weird injuries.

d34ng3l021
10-28-2008, 02:04 PM
Head and shoulders huh? Give me some stats to prove it...Sam Baker 0 sacks allowed...could be credited with .5 on a stunt that Blalock let slip past on a miscommunication, but that's it. Sam Baker is a force in the run game too. If you don't think so, please review where the Falcons big runs come from, watch highlights, you'll see. No rookie LT is head and shoulders above Sam Baker, sorry they're just not. He's missed 2.5 games, we're 0-3 in those games. 4-0 when he's in. With Weiner in the Falcons function kind of, with Quinn in...wow...really REALLY bad.

So good luck convincing me of that, yeah Baker may not be the 'best' but he's as close as it's going to get. Ask Gaines Adams what he thought when Baker left the game, he was invisible with Baker in, once he left he destroyed Weiner on the speed rush. Ask anyone who has faced Sam Baker if his arms are too short. I don't wanna turn this into a Sam Baker thread, but people like to keep bringing it up, so may as well get it out there. Clady is fine, but no one is 'head and shoulders' above Baker, he's a force.

Baker's absence and the loss of games is a correlation. Not a cause and effect. We are 4-0 against Detroit, Kansas City, Chicago, and Green Bay. 0-3 against Tampa Bay, Carolina, and Philly. Hm. I wonder why we are 0-3 against those teams. Could it be Sam Baker? Maybe its the fact that those 3 teams are all playoff caliber teams...

And Clady is heads and shoulders above the rest of the OT class. The fact that Baker already has missed 3 games is a big issue (against the top opponents too), especially considering health issues was one reason why he dropped.

Menardo75
10-28-2008, 02:04 PM
This years o-line class is so good it is hard to say who is better and who is not. Of the first round picks Baker, Clady, Long, Cherilous. They are all playing well you can't really say who is better. Clady might be leading the pack right now though.

Go_Eagles77
10-28-2008, 02:16 PM
I heard Otah is a beast in Carolina as well.

Gay Ork Wang
10-28-2008, 03:55 PM
This years o-line class is so good it is hard to say who is better and who is not. Of the first round picks Baker, Clady, Long, Cherilous. They are all playing well you can't really say who is better. Clady might be leading the pack right now though.
Cherilous? Really?

iowatreat54
10-28-2008, 04:02 PM
Falcons are 4-0 with Sam Baker playing the entire game...if you don't think he's important you're a...well you are so I don't need to say it.

So like I said, he's the Falcons OROY...and by that...he'd at least top 2 in the NFL. When Baker is in the offensive protection is significantly better, and so is our production. So get over yourself.

wait, are you saying that because Baker is the Falcons OROY, he is at least top 2 in NFL ROY? or are you talking about Matt Ryan? I didn't read back, so I may have missed something, but I'm confused...

SeanTaylorRIP
10-28-2008, 04:06 PM
Joe Flacco is the best big receiver from this draft.

Jimmy
10-28-2008, 05:16 PM

Clady > Baker... not one holding call or a sack against.

ATLDirtyBirds
10-28-2008, 05:22 PM
That was the worst fade pass I've ever seen thrown. Truly terrible...

It really was. He shouldn't throw that again until he learns what he's doing on it.

kmartin575
10-28-2008, 05:24 PM

How can you mention Cherilus above Albert? Albert has played decent at left tackle despite having only played there for 2 games in college while Cherilus got benched for a game at RIGHT tackle.

Menardo75
10-28-2008, 05:25 PM
Yeah forgot about Otah. Everytime I have seen Gosder he has looked decent, which is better than what they had. Sorry man no disrespect to the guys I did'nt mention I just named a quick few off the top of my head. They have all been solid this year

d34ng3l021
10-28-2008, 06:00 PM
It really was. He shouldn't throw that again until he learns what he's doing on it.

I was so sad to see that pass. It was quite a wtf pass.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-28-2008, 06:16 PM
Yeah forgot about Otah. Everytime I have seen Gosder he has looked decent, which is better than what they had. Sorry man no disrespect to the guys I did'nt mention I just named a quick few off the top of my head. They have all been solid this year

Gosder looked terrible though against the Skins.

d34ng3l021
10-28-2008, 06:18 PM
Gosder couldnt even take the starting RT job at the beginning of the season...

Menardo75
10-28-2008, 06:20 PM
Gosder looked terrible though against the Skins.

Guess I missed that game lol.

BlindSite
10-28-2008, 06:48 PM
Yeah, Otah has been amazing when on the field, only problem is he's been injured. He's played in 50% of the games and we've only lost 1 game with him in the lineup.

Other than that though he's the future of the franchise at tackle and I'm glad we don't have a first round pick next year. He could've played the last two weeks but the team new that Bridges matched up well against the Saints and the Cardinals pass rushing style, so they kept him out for a three week break to let him heal for the final stretch.

d34ng3l021
10-28-2008, 07:18 PM
Same problem with Baker. Our offense is completely different with him in the line up, but he has only played in 4 games, and has sat out 3 of them. He isnt even going to be going to Oakland! How frustrating.

BlindSite
10-28-2008, 07:25 PM
Same problem with Baker. Our offense is completely different with him in the line up, but he has only played in 4 games, and has sat out 3 of them. He isnt even going to be going to Oakland! How frustrating.

While we won games without him there was a noticeable drop off in the run game. So I'll be really happy to see him tune up against Oakland and Detroit two weeks running. I like the idea of getting a bye to get everyone healthy and then two teams to beat on and tune up for Atlanta.

T-RICH49
10-28-2008, 07:37 PM
Yeah, Otah has been amazing when on the field, only problem is he's been injured. He's played in 50% of the games and we've only lost 1 game with him in the lineup.

Other than that though he's the future of the franchise at tackle and I'm glad we don't have a first round pick next year. He could've played the last two weeks but the team new that Bridges matched up well against the Saints and the Cardinals pass rushing style, so they kept him out for a three week break to let him heal for the final stretch.

the same can be said for Albert.he had a foot that kept him out of TC then an Elbow injury during the season but he's only missed one regular season game so far and for a guy moving to a new posistion he's holding his own

BlindSite
10-28-2008, 07:39 PM
I liked Albert a lot and the praise Al Groh bestowed upon him, calling him "the best tackle I've coached" meant more to me than any scouting report could.

d34ng3l021
10-28-2008, 07:42 PM
While we won games without him there was a noticeable drop off in the run game. So I'll be really happy to see him tune up against Oakland and Detroit two weeks running. I like the idea of getting a bye to get everyone healthy and then two teams to beat on and tune up for Atlanta.

You have a bye before you face us? Great. We will be 7-3 by then though :)

SeanTaylorRIP
11-02-2008, 09:23 PM
Raymel Rice was terrific with 21 carries for 154 yards. This draft class is so good especially now that Tim Hightower is getting the nod. Joe Flacco also had a great game, and while Matt Ryan owns him in intangibles and knowledge of the game, Flacco has the type of arm to make certain throws that Ryan can. Flacco can make every single throw on the field it's just a matter of him learning the game better, and improving pocket footwork. Regardless both the Falcons and Ravens have legitimate franchise QB's.

d34ng3l021
11-02-2008, 09:32 PM
I am not going to lie when I say I think Flacco has been very impressive in his rookie season, especially considering that he started at Delaware for college. I thought he would get rocked, a la Alex Smith circa 2005. I guess not though.

Matt Ryan though...17/22 220 yards and 2 TDs against the Raiders. Looked very good. I expect another couple big games against the Saints and Broncos before he gets a legit test against the Panthers.

A Perfect Score
11-02-2008, 09:56 PM
I am not going to lie when I say I think Flacco has been very impressive in his rookie season, especially considering that he started at Delaware for college. I thought he would get rocked, a la Alex Smith circa 2005. I guess not though.

Matt Ryan though...17/22 220 yards and 2 TDs against the Raiders. Looked very good. I expect another couple big games against the Saints and Broncos before he gets a legit test against the Panthers.

Flacco wasnt the real story today, Ray Rice was...160 yards of gloriousness

SeanTaylorRIP
11-02-2008, 10:18 PM
I know it's been mentioned many times but damn this rookie RB class is amazing. The following guys have started or are going to be starters this year:

Chris Johnson
Matt Forte
Darren Mcfadden
Steve Slaton
Jonathan Stewart
Kevin Smith
Ray Rice
Tim Hightower
Rashard Mendenhall
Jamaal Charles
Benjarvis Green Ellis

Others include: Felix Jones, Tashard Choice,Mike Hart, Ryan Torrain, and Justin Forsett who is returning punts for the Seahawks. Flat out nasty man.

Not to mention FB's not only making rosters but getting playing time like Jacobs Hester, Owen Schmitt, and Peyton Hillis.

d34ng3l021
11-02-2008, 10:20 PM
This years offense is ridiculous. Ryan and Flacco are looking very good. Eddie Royal and DeSean Jackson continue to make impacts while Donnie Avery is emerging. At left tackle, you have a future perennial All-Pro in Ryan Clady, along with future pro bowl worthy guys in Jake Long, Branden Albert, and Sam Baker, not to mention a pretty good RT in Jeff Otah.

An all rookie offense could probably keep up with some of the defenses in the NFL.

SeanTaylorRIP
11-02-2008, 10:30 PM
I really loved last years depth and it is really showing. This draft didn't get pub because of it's lack of "elite" talent but this draft might have the highest percentage of draftees to starters in quite a while.

Beans
11-02-2008, 10:36 PM
I know it's been mentioned many times but damn this rookie RB class is amazing. The following guys have started or are going to be starters this year:

Chris Johnson
Matt Forte
Darren Mcfadden
Steve Slaton
Jonathan Stewart
Kevin Smith
Ray Rice
Tim Hightower
Rashard Mendenhall
Jamaal Charles
Benjarvis Green Ellis

Others include: Felix Jones, Tashard Choice,Mike Hart, Ryan Torrain, and Justin Forsett who is returning punts for the Seahawks. Flat out nasty man.

Not to mention FB's not only making rosters but getting playing time like Jacobs Hester, Owen Schmitt, and Peyton Hillis.

Clifton Smith too

Pokeys
11-02-2008, 11:40 PM
Just goes to show that running backs are really a dime a dozen. And if College Football keeps spitting out a dozen good running backs every year than it will make drafting a RB early less relevant.

SeanTaylorRIP
11-03-2008, 08:11 AM
Just goes to show that running backs are really a dime a dozen. And if College Football keeps spitting out a dozen good running backs every year than it will make drafting a RB early less relevant.

Still though while many of those later round guys are starters now they will just be average. Guys with first round talent like Chris Johnson, Stewart, Mcfadden etc., have a chance to be great. Those other guys teams are always going to be looking at replacing them with someone more explosive. They may be serviceable and pretty productive now, but their long term potential and growth as starters isn't great.

Gay Ork Wang
11-03-2008, 08:13 AM
am i the only one that is not impressed by DMac

Sniper
11-03-2008, 08:16 AM

As a fantasy owner of the aforementioned DMac, I am not impressed either.

SeanTaylorRIP
11-03-2008, 08:17 AM

I'm not convinced that he can take 20+ carries a game, and I don't think he's nearly the runner between tackles that Chris Johnson is but he is still and proved it in the little time he was healthy to be an absolute game breaker.

Gay Ork Wang
11-03-2008, 08:18 AM
He doenst even look better than guys like Steve Slaton

bored of education
11-03-2008, 08:18 AM

Chris Johnson
Matt Forte
Darren Mcfadden
Steve Slaton
Jonathan Stewart
Kevin Smith
Ray Rice
Tim Hightower
Rashard Mendenhall
Jamaal Charles
Benjarvis Green Ellis

The more touches Jamaal Charles gets the greater he looks. If KC gets rid of LJ next year, I see him being the premier back with Kolby complimenting him.

SeanTaylorRIP
11-03-2008, 08:19 AM
He doenst even look better than guys like Steve Slaton

I thought Steve Slaton should have been in that late first mix right behind Chris Johnson. I thought people really overlooked the kids thickness and everyone said he was too small, but he runs hard and is a shifty runner.

Gay Ork Wang
11-03-2008, 08:20 AM
The more touches Jamaal Charles gets the greater he looks. If KC gets rid of LJ next year, I see him being the premier back with Kolby complimenting him.
He is gonna be the starter against San Diego since LJ got suspended and Kolby Smith is out for the season

bored of education
11-03-2008, 08:20 AM
He is gonna be the starter against San Diego since LJ got suspended and Kolby Smith is out for the season
Very true Renjizz!

Also, Dantrell Savage is a very servicable return option for the Chiefs and will get carries against SD due to the aforementioned issues

CroomDawgs
11-03-2008, 08:53 AM
There has been tons of impressive Rookies this year and its great too see.

QBs:
Matt Ryan- Looks liek a 10 year vet and has led the Falcons to a possible playoff berth
Joe Flacco- Bit of an average start but has really picked it up as of late.

RBs:
Chris Johnson- To me rookie of the year. He's shown some good power to go with his blazing speed and is a fine receiver as well.
Matt Forte- Already looks liek a franchise back for a long time for the bears, runs with great power.
Steve Slaton- Not gonna lie i thought he was gonna flop but has been outstanding. Plays like Chris Johnson
Tim Hightower- Has supplanted Edge and showed he's not just a goalline back
Jonathan Stewart- Has been solid all year and been great in some, makes a great thunder and lightining combo with D-Will
Ray Rice- Hasn't played much but yesterday was a glimpse of things to come.
Darren McFadden- Besides the CHiefs game has done little and is injury plagued this year
Felix Jones- Showed great promise before he got hurt, nice Compliment to MB3
Jamaal Charles- Same as Ray RIce
Rashard Mendenhall- Done for the year, wsn't that impressive when he played.
Kevin Smith- Played about as well as you can behind the Lions OL, not sure why RUdi takes his carries.

WRs:
DeSean Jackson- Besides the Cowboys td blunder has been exceptional receiving and returning
Donnie Avery- Has burst onto the scene and has become a great deep threat
Eddie Royal- Dynamic returner as well as a solid receiver, if it weren't for Marshall he'd prolly be the best WR in the AFC West
Harry Douglas- Is behind on the depth chart but when he's played he's been solid
Josh Morgan- Not played much but did have a breakout game against Philadelphia

TE's:
John Carlson- Numbers have dipped since Hasselbeck was hurt but has been a very solid player
Martellus Bennett- Has been solid as a spell guy to Witten
Dustin Keller- Hasn't played much but has a TD

OL:
RYan Clady- Has been outstanding and has yet to give up a sack, and played well against sack leader Joey porter yesterday
Jake Long- After an ok first game has been terrific for Miami
Sam Baker- Was looking great before the injury
Jeff otah- Hasn't been healthy but has been good when on the field
Branden Albert- Same as Otah
Duane Brown- I know he starts but thats it
Gosder Cherilus- Same as Brown

DE:
Chris Long- Been one of the few bright spots on the Rams defense this season
Vernon Gholston- Has struggled mightily this year has just 7 tackles and no sacks.
Derrick Harvey- Was a hold-out in camp and didn't play much but had a nice game yesterday
Lawrence Jackson- Started but then got benched in seattle

DT:
Glen Dorsey- Has been pretty terrible this year.
Sedrick Ellis- Injured all year
Kentwan Balmer- Haven't heardm uch on him
Marcus Harrison- Has been pretty good rotating in for the bears
Red bryant- Has been seeing good playing time for seattle

LBs:
Jerod Mayo- Has played almost every snap for the pats this year has been very good
Curtis Lofton- Stepped into the starting MLB role and has flourished in atlanta
Keith Rivers- Looked solid until Hines Ward destroyed him
Erin Henderson- Was on pace to be in the top 5 in tackles until he got a season ending injury
Dan Connor- Injured and on IR

CB
Leodis McKelvin- Has been solid and is a pretty good returner
Mike Jenkins- Didn't see much of hi early but got a pick 6 yesterday
Antoine Cason- Has been good in the nickel role
brandon Flowers- If i'm not mistaken isn't he starting?
DRC- Haven't heard much know he was injured early
Aqib Talib- Have been solid thsu far
Orlando Scandrick- Was getting more hype than Jenkins this season
Terrence Wheatley- Played some nickel for Belichek and has been ok
Terrell Thomas- Special teamer if im not mistaken

Safety
Kenny Phillips- Spagnuolo raves abouth im and has been very good
Tyrell Johnson- Has gone back to second string but should supplant Sharper after this year

Kickers
Brandon COutu- Injured i believe which is y mare is kicking
Taylor Melhaff- Blows.

bored of education
11-03-2008, 08:56 AM
Croom: the Chiefs have 2 rookies starting at CB. Carr and Flowers.

Gay Ork Wang
11-03-2008, 09:16 AM
what happened to Kendell Langford

LonghornsLegend
11-03-2008, 09:22 AM
CB
Leodis McKelvin- Has been solid and is a pretty good returner
Mike Jenkins- Didn't see much of hi early but got a pick 6 yesterday
Antoine Cason- Has been good in the nickel role
brandon Flowers- If i'm not mistaken isn't he starting?
DRC- Haven't heard much know he was injured early
Aqib Talib- Have been solid thsu far
Orlando Scandrick- Was getting more hype than Jenkins this season
Terrence Wheatley- Played some nickel for Belichek and has been ok
Terrell Thomas- Special teamer if im not mistaken

Cason has looked very strong in the Nickel, he looks like a stud...Talib I believe leads rookies in picks or is tied with Flowers but Talib looks like a future pro bowler...Flowers same thing with him, he starts and may be leading with picks, looks like a flat our playmaker...Jenkins has shown flashes but more mistakes then Scandrick, pathetic non-tackle on a Ward TD run but Scandrick is a stud and has been consistently better then Jenkins...DRC has looked physical and nasty, he's adjusted faster then I thought he would and looks like a solid starter, early but looks like a good class for DB's.

vidae
11-03-2008, 09:26 AM
We're starting two rookie corners (Brandon Flowers, Brandon Carr) and Flowers has been outstanding on a team who really needed some players to step up. A few picks, one for a TD, very physical and very good against the run.. I'm liking what I'm seeing. He isn't playing like a rookie at all.

Caddy
11-03-2008, 09:28 AM
Cason has looked very strong in the Nickel, he looks like a stud...Talib I believe leads rookies in picks or is tied with Flowers but Talib looks like a future pro bowler...Flowers same thing with him, he starts and may be leading with picks, looks like a flat our playmaker...Jenkins has shown flashes but more mistakes then Scandrick, pathetic non-tackle on a Ward TD run but Scandrick is a stud and has been consistently better then Jenkins...DRC has looked physical and nasty, he's adjusted faster then I thought he would and looks like a solid starter, early but looks like a good class for DB's.

Very solid group of corner backs so far. This draft as a whole is looking very solid.

CroomDawgs
11-03-2008, 09:34 AM
Croom: the Chiefs have 2 rookies starting at CB. Carr and Flowers.

Really? I thought it was surtain. Well should include Carr on that list too.

iloxygenil
11-03-2008, 09:34 AM
Yeah man, this draft was a good draft. Much like I thought going into it, this draft would be short on 'elite' talent as far as the draft went being not extremely deep at the top, but the 'first round' talent was there late into the second round. Impressive crop of young players.

d34ng3l021
11-03-2008, 10:03 AM
I am loving the Falcons draft right now. Possible franchise QB in Matt Ryan, Pro Bowl LT in Sam Baker, above average MLB, solid #3 guys in Jackson and Douglas who look to get better.

Not a single complete miss. If we do blossom into a perennial SB contender, this is the class thats going to make it happen (along with the offseason signing of Turner, Mike Smith, Tom Dmitroff)

awfullyquiet
11-03-2008, 10:11 AM
is there not going to be a thread which gets utterly dominated by

'omg sam baker. omg matt ryan'

i for one am sick of it.

as far as rookies go. we should be talking why dmac has looked atrocious (of which i know why)...

BAD COACHING.

the offensive line has shown NO life. no hope. the only team i can think of that could use a more thorough gutting is cincy. i don't care how good your running back is... when your offensive line is THAT TERRIBLE. there is no hope in god. i can say, if you put dmac in minnesota, he would be having a better than AP rookie year. but, unfortunately, the raiders are impenetrably bad.

d34ng3l021
11-03-2008, 10:28 AM
The run blocking was supposed to be one of the Raider's strengths going into the season. With the ZBS, they performed very well the year before. You just sort of expect OL to pick up the ZBS and do well with it, especially if a lot of them have done it before. The amount of talent they have on that line should not matter too much in regards to that.

I dont know whatsup with that.

Bengalsrocket
11-03-2008, 10:37 AM
is there not going to be a thread which gets utterly dominated by

'omg sam baker. omg matt ryan'

i for one am sick of it.

as far as rookies go. we should be talking why dmac has looked atrocious (of which i know why)...

BAD COACHING.

the offensive line has shown NO life. no hope. the only team i can think of that could use a more thorough gutting is cincy. i don't care how good your running back is... when your offensive line is THAT TERRIBLE. there is no hope in god. i can say, if you put dmac in minnesota, he would be having a better than AP rookie year. but, unfortunately, the raiders are impenetrably bad.

In regards to cincy, do you mean gut our O-line or coaching?

Sniper
11-03-2008, 10:44 AM
The run blocking was supposed to be one of the Raider's strengths going into the season. With the ZBS, they performed very well the year before. You just sort of expect OL to pick up the ZBS and do well with it, especially if a lot of them have done it before. The amount of talent they have on that line should not matter too much in regards to that.

I dont know whatsup with that.

Raiders', not Raider's.

But yeah, you bring up a good point. I thought McFadden was going to be a boss with that OL.

T-RICH49
11-03-2008, 11:14 AM
Really? I thought it was surtain. Well should include Carr on that list too.

Surtain's hurt and Carr's been starting for a few weeks now.both he and Flowers are gonna be studs

bored of education
11-03-2008, 11:16 AM
Raiders', not Raider's.

But yeah, you bring up a good point. I thought McFadden was going to be a boss with that OL.

Raide'rs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BBIB
11-03-2008, 11:29 AM
Raiders', not Raider's.

Well McFadden is hurt right now. And also the Raiders playcalling is horrendous which sets the running game up for failure

fenikz
11-03-2008, 11:50 AM
I have no clue why DRC isn't starting, my only guess is that he doesn't have Pendergast's complex playbook down yet, because Eric Green gets burned on a 50+ yard play every game and DRC often comes off the bench for to play man to man on other teams #1 WR's, shut down TO a few weeks ago

awfullyquiet
11-03-2008, 12:02 PM
In regards to cincy, do you mean gut our O-line or coaching?

gut them both! no one shall be spared. very few people in cincy are 'winners'.

and in regards to raiders and 'that line'. i've said multiple times, the most overachieving team in the league is the raiders. they're not playing physical. they're not playing as if they have leadership.

same goes with the dallas cowboys. that line of theirs is physically huge? do they play it? no they play like a bunch of sallies on the line... why? poor coaching and lack of leadership.

fenikz
11-03-2008, 12:08 PM
cowboys have fatty mcgee starting at RG one of the highest paid o-line in the league, how anyone thought he was good for a season blows my mother ******* mind

Marino13
11-03-2008, 12:12 PM
what happened to Kendell Langford

he's still playing good football, just making more plays in the running game, and has some nice deflections as well.

Go_Eagles77
11-03-2008, 01:39 PM
DeSean Jackson isn't seeing as much playing time as our receivers start to become healthy so unfortunately he is pretty much being taken out of the ROY picture. I wish Reid would be less stubborn and just keep him in the starting lineup because he deserves to be on the field as much as possible.

Menardo75
11-03-2008, 02:12 PM
Balmer has finally worked his way into the rotation. He is pretty solid when he plays. It will depend on what defense they play if he starts next year or not. Josh Morgan overtook Bryant Johnson in the starting role and has played pretty well.

GermanSaint
11-03-2008, 03:12 PM
There has been tons of impressive Rookies this year and its great too see....
DT:
Sedrick Ellis- Injured all year

did you follow some saints game ?

he actually played the most time this season , other than the last three games before the london game.

fenikz
11-03-2008, 03:40 PM
I have no clue why DRC isn't starting, my only guess is that he doesn't have Pendergast's complex playbook down yet, because Eric Green gets burned on a 50+ yard play every game and DRC often comes off the bench for to play man to man on other teams #1 WR's, shut down TO a few weeks ago

i spoke about 4 hours too soon

Look for Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie to start in place of Eric Green this week. Green was the team's nickel corner for much of Sunday's game. He gave up an 80-yard touchdown pass, even though he had perfect coverage on the receiver. Plus, he gave up on the play, thinking Derek Stanley hadn't caught the ball. Stanley, by the way, was activated from the practice squad. He played at Wisconsin-Whitewater.

http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/KentSomers/37824

awfullyquiet
11-03-2008, 03:42 PM
i spoke about 4 hours too soon

oh gracious seer! make another prophecy!

you know who's actually good?
kevin smith. yeah. from detroit.

he's a good one. he'd be better if he wasn't on the lions though. duh.

M.O.T.H.
11-03-2008, 03:47 PM
A little too much D-Mac bashing...he's been hurt all year. Yeah, have fun playing w/ multiple turf toes. Once he heals up he be the same electryfying player we saw failry early in the year. Going to have to wait until next year, though.

fenikz
11-03-2008, 03:48 PM
last week i predicted Hightower would be starting by week 14, that one came a little too fast

d34ng3l021
11-03-2008, 06:28 PM
Make a nice prediction for the Falcons!

its a shame DeSean wont get as much playing time as he used to with the return of the starters. He was really good. Runs pretty good routes and creates some damn good separation with his ridiculous speed.

I think it would be kind of fun to be the GM of the Raiders. They have talent, just a matter of finding a way to utilize it with certain coaches and bring in certain veterans and draft some studs.