PDA

View Full Version : Nate Burleson out for the year?

D-Unit
09-08-2008, 05:53 PM
I heard it on ESPN radio.

BlindSite
09-08-2008, 05:56 PM
Confirmed on Monday night countdown, so that's engram, burleson and branch injured at the moment.

I wonder if they regret not re-signing Hackett

CC.SD
09-08-2008, 06:04 PM
Honestly the fact that this guy is a Seahawk in the first place is ridiculous; The childish poison pill move came about because Seahawks management wasn't smart enough to franchise Hutchinson.

So...who is Matt throwing to now? Seneca Wallace?

giantsfan
09-08-2008, 06:07 PM
Honestly the fact that this guy is a Seahawk in the first place is ridiculous; The childish poison pill move came about because Seahawks management wasn't smart enough to franchise Hutchinson.

nah, seneca's too valuable a punt returner.

nrk
09-08-2008, 06:11 PM
Ben Obomanu is another injured WR for Seattle. I think they only have 1 non-injured receiver with more than year of experience. I feel bad for Hasslebeck and that offense.

Bruce Banner
09-08-2008, 06:15 PM
Guess I'll do the obligatory, "Their season is over".

Their season is over.

Menardo75
09-08-2008, 06:29 PM
Yeah they are in trouble especially next week :)

The Great Jonathan Vilma
09-08-2008, 07:01 PM
You don't see a WR corps that decimated after 1 Week of the season very often. This will be tough to overcome because their run game certainly isn't a strength, and the Defense didn't do much to show they can carry the load (i know they are solid, but they certainly won't be able to carry the team).

Geo
09-08-2008, 07:02 PM
Also, tight end Jeff Putzer can't catch. And Maurice Morris is out for a two weeks or so, forcing the Seahawks to play terrible back Julius Jones.

Seahawks management has been abysmal when it comes to talent acquisition on offense over the last number of years.

Go_Eagles77
09-08-2008, 07:06 PM
Pretty ironic considering some considered them to have the best receiving core in the league when they traded a 1st rounder for Branch and also had Darryl Jackson, Engram, Burleson, and Hackett.

GB12
09-08-2008, 07:07 PM
Pretty ironic considering some considered them to have the best receiving core in the league when they traded a 1st rounder for Branch and also had Darryl Jackson, Engram, Burleson, and Hackett.
Who the hell ever thought that?

Xonraider
09-08-2008, 07:08 PM
Wow... good luck they don't face the Raiders. Asomugha and Hall would rape whoever their receivers are.

Yatta!
09-08-2008, 07:08 PM
That's bad news for them, they don't even have much of a ground game to fall back on.

Go_Eagles77
09-08-2008, 07:10 PM
Who the hell ever thought that?

I definitely remember multiple people saying that they had, if not the best, the deepest WR core in the league.

summond822
09-08-2008, 07:28 PM
This really hurts...Burleson was a big play guy and even if he wasn't making plays on offense he could easily bust a kickoff or punt return.

Now we Taylor, Kent, and Payne as our only active WR's...all second year guys...

Taylor - dropped multiple passes against Buffalo and I am not expecting much more from him.
Kent - could be explosive, but he didn't even get playing time last week until Burleson went down. Don't think he caught a pass.
Payne - Is a slot guy, but I have not been very impressed with him.

Those thoughts that the Seahawks should have went out and got somebody in FA are really going to start being beat down on Holmgren and Ruskell...

Man this really sucks...

Geo
09-08-2008, 07:29 PM
I think Taylor can step up, especially with the next two games at home.

Menardo75
09-08-2008, 07:32 PM
I also just saw that Vince Manuwai and Maurice Williams are out. Manuwai is done for the year and Williams should miss about two months. Big blow for the Jags

CC.SD
09-08-2008, 07:45 PM
I also just saw that Vince Manuwai and Maurice Williams are out. Manuwai is done for the year and Williams should miss about two months. Big blow for the Jags

Yeah, all these injuries coming out that got a little overwhelmed by Brady's injury...reminds me of this article:

CNN Still releasing News piled up during Elian Gonzalez Saga
http://www.theonion.com/content/node/28200

summond822
09-08-2008, 07:49 PM
I think Taylor can step up, especially with the next two games at home.

I dunno if he can. This preseason he did not do well. It wasn't until Holmgren started scripting plays so that he could catch the ball did he start to make an impression. Kent, however, made some good plays against starting defenses and I think that he should have earned the starting job opposite of Burleson. The guy is a beast...and he is big enough to be a good redzone target...

Still not sure on Taylor...we'll see, but another thing we'll see is if the o-line can run block.

DragonFireKai
09-08-2008, 07:50 PM

It was as legitimate a contract clause as the one the Vikings slapped on Hutchinson.

GB12
09-08-2008, 07:51 PM
It was as legitimate a contract clause as the one the Vikings slapped on Hutchinson.
That's what he was saying, but the Seahawks only did it to "get back" at the Vikings for taking Hutchinson.

Bruce Banner
09-08-2008, 07:56 PM

That poison pill the Viks put in Hutch's contract was brilliant. The Hawks reaction was a ***** move.

CC.SD
09-08-2008, 08:36 PM
That poison pill the Viks put in Hutch's contract was brilliant. The Hawks reaction was a ***** move.

That's what I be sayin.

XxXdragonXxX
09-08-2008, 10:14 PM

The Seahawks had been talking to Burleson before the Hutch deal, so it wasn't like they only signed him because of that. They signed a player they wanted and made a statement as well.

The Burleson contract was completely ridiculous, which just shows that something should be done about poison pill contracts. The clauses in the Burleson contract were completely off the wall. Just goes to show, any team could do that to any tagged player. In fact if I recall correctly the Patriots did it with Wes Welker, but Kraft found out about it and offered a trade instead.

Anyways, yes the Seahawks are screwed at WR until Branch and Engram come back. There was talk that Branch was going to try to play last week but that didn't happen. I expect Bumpus to be brought up from the PS, Branch and Engram should be back in the next few weeks. Shouldn't be too bad, I mean most of last season the Seahawks receivers were Engram and Burleson, Hackett and Branch were out most of the year. Hopefully Branch and Engram get healthy quick and stay that way.

DragonFireKai
09-08-2008, 10:44 PM
That's what he was saying, but the Seahawks only did it to "get back" at the Vikings for taking Hutchinson.

No, the Seahawks already had an offer to Burleson, but as a restricted free agent, the Vikings had FROR. So the Seahawks used the same clause to ensure they signed Burleson.

Bruce Banner
09-08-2008, 10:46 PM
No, the Seahawks already had an offer to Burleson, but as a restricted free agent, the Vikings had FROR. So the Seahawks used the same clause to ensure they signed Burleson.

If you didn't see the intended irony in that deal you're an idiot.

Brent
09-08-2008, 11:29 PM
Yikes, 'hawks WR core has taken a hit big time, good news for the Niners.

DragonFireKai
09-09-2008, 01:59 AM
If you didn't see the intended irony in that deal you're an idiot.

I did. But you're attributing excessive spite to the move. I was simply pointing out that the Seahawks were already negotiating with Burleson, and once that's been established, all's fair so long as it's within the rules. But then, I'm not a whiny vikings fan who's under the delusional impression that Burleson would have somehow rescued the passing game from the lead weight that is Tavaris Jackson.

XxXdragonXxX
09-10-2008, 01:38 AM
Wow...after signing WR Billy McMullen....

The Seahawks cut Jordan Kent and Justin Forsett. Still leaving 3 healthy WR's and Seneca on the roster.

With Forsett cut and Morris hurt, Jones and Duckett are left at RB.

Oh, and there are still only 2 PKs on the roster. I expect Courtney Taylor to be cut to make room for a 3rd kicker...you can never have enough of them.

Also, starting RG Rob Sims was placed on IR with a torn pec.