PDA

View Full Version : TE Jermaine Gresham, Oklahoma

Big_Pete
09-08-2008, 09:19 PM
What is Jermaine Gresham's draft stock likely to be for 2009?

Gresham is quoted as saying:

"I don't think I'm ready," he said. "If I went out there and had like A.D. (Peterson) talent, then that's a no-brainer. But I don't have that talent."

He is primed for a monster year, particularly with QB Sam Bradford throwing to him. In his first game this season he had 7 catches for 93 yards and 2 TD against Cincinnati (with a good secondary).

Gresham is already a much better prospect than the senior class; if he declares, how high could he go in 2009?

If he has a good year, I would be surprised if he didn't declare.

jbeans187
09-08-2008, 09:29 PM
I think he is a first round lock whenever he comes out. Best nfl prospect of the TEs in the Big 12, over Coffman and Pettigrew.

CashmoneyDrew
09-08-2008, 10:54 PM
Yeah, he's the best TE prospect in this class IMO. He should definitely come out after this year if he stay's healthy and productive.

Scott Wright
09-08-2008, 11:16 PM
He could be the #1 tight end and a 1st round pick if he came out.

In fact, I think he probably would be.

I am a big fan of Brandon Pettigrew but with his average speed and off-the-field trouble I just don't see him going in the Top 20.

eaglesalltheway
09-09-2008, 06:35 AM
He could be the #1 tight end and a 1st round pick if he came out.

In fact, I think he probably would be.

I am a big fan of Brandon Pettigrew but with his average speed and off-the-field trouble I just don't see him going in the Top 20.

I pretty much figured all that too. I was unaware of his off-field trouble. But Another thread made me realize something. TEs, aren't getting valued as highly anymore. It is because there are a lot of very good TEs in the NFL. I don't remember who wrote it, but credit to them.

I really like Pettigrew, he has the size and overall athletecism that would have him fit in the NFL real well. He has great hands, and by the time he does come into the draft, he will have the production to be considered a top TE prospect. He may end up as the best TE prospect in the past 3-4 years. (Really weak classes for TEs recently) This is looking to be a better year for TEs as Coffman looks real good, and Beckum though he may not be a pure TE, are all prospects that are rated fairly high right now.

LonghornsLegend
09-09-2008, 12:57 PM
Great attitude, I wish Jermichael Finely felt that way and he would be a 1st rd pick too...Guy looks good already, once people start pegging him as a 1st rd pick that might change his mind some, I've seen alot of him and he is a beast...Very complete TE as a receiver and blocker.

STARHEATHER
09-09-2008, 02:01 PM
i really cant see anything other than rd 1 at this point. he has the total package. i would say pettigrew was the better blocker at this point, gresham the better receiver, but both are strong in both areas. they both have the potential to be complete nfl tes strong in the run game but also weapons as pass receivers, maybe even elite pass catchers. i would value them both as mid-late rd 1

Race for the Heisman
09-09-2008, 02:36 PM
Can anyone elaborate on his off-the-field issues?

derza222
09-09-2008, 02:55 PM
Can anyone elaborate on his off-the-field issues?

Pettigrew was arrested on complaints of assault and battery of a police officer and public intoxication. Supposedly he got frustrated and hit a cop in the chest or something, if there's any more details to add I'm sure someone else can elaborate.