PDA

View Full Version : Madden on NFL Live

sweetness34
09-09-2008, 12:38 AM
Anyone else think that is freaking awesome?

When TJ goes out on the set and has a Madden hologram in front of him diagramming what he's talking about.

I have no idea how they do it at all but it's one of the cooler things I've seen, that along with ESPN axis and the ESPN-Motion on replays.

BlindSite
09-09-2008, 12:41 AM
That was pretty cool. What wasn't was after a weekend of record breaking performances and standout actions from rookies and underdog teams they spent 2 hours talking about Brett Favre, Tom Brady and Aaron Rogers.

They could've just had a photo of brady on the screen and had the same telecast. I think I saw a replay of brady getting hit and favre throwing a lucky jump ball more in 2 hours of crap than brett favre will throw TD passes this year.

Addict
09-09-2008, 12:49 AM
I saw the game on ESPN and they talked about Favre after every throw Rodgers made in the first half

vidae
09-09-2008, 12:52 AM
Ya, I really liked it too.

It shows how big Madden is getting. More than just a game. It's freakin' EVERYWHERE these days!

Brent
09-09-2008, 06:40 AM
It shows how big Madden is getting.
No, it's showing how much money EA has. They can just be like, "here's money, use our crap in your show."

eaglesalltheway
09-09-2008, 07:10 AM
It defintiely is very awesome, and the replays are freakin insane as well. I liek the things ESPn is able to do, I'm just surprised they haven't incorparted any of that into Favre or Brady yet, lol.

LonghornsLegend
09-09-2008, 01:38 PM
I like how he did a Madden diagram about Peterson before the game, about how he runs defenders over early to set you up for later, funny because when he truck sticked Al Harris it looked just like the example they showed on Madden lol.

Damix
09-09-2008, 01:44 PM
Its a lot nicer then watching 4 guys in business suits try to walk through something.

BlindSite
09-09-2008, 05:45 PM
Watching 4 guys in business suits yell over each other is more annoying though, I think that Steve Young should be in there instead of Carter. It would be nice to have someone who could articulate a thought without using the phrase "my boy" or "dawg" every 20 seconds.

Burns336
09-09-2008, 05:54 PM
that madden **** was weak.. "check out adrian peterson truck stick AJ hawk, Now check adrian peterson hit right on the joystick and use the juke move. Adrian has both the truck and the elusive weapon so he can do whatever he wants."

I thought the madden stuff was really pointless, as is about 90% of the **** on ESPN. Mike, Mike, and Mike sound like amateur hour commentators and Tony Kornhole acts like a psychiatrist posing all these rhetorical questions about Aaron Rodgers while sucking off Favre at the same time.

Jaws and Tirico are ok. My personal favorites are Buck and Aikman. Moose, Goose, and the other guys they roll with is ok. Dan Dierdorff always does the charger games and sounds like/ looks like a drunk.

sweetness34
09-09-2008, 05:56 PM
Buck is horrible. I can't stand listening to him, mainly because he thinks he's God's gift to broadcasting, he miscalls play a lot, and he's wrong pretty much all the time.

Aikman I really like. Nance and Simms aer still two of the best in the biz though. Harlen and Moose are good as well.

BlindSite
09-09-2008, 06:06 PM
Buck is horrible. I can't stand listening to him, mainly because he thinks he's God's gift to broadcasting, he miscalls play a lot, and he's wrong pretty much all the time.

Aikman I really like. Nance and Simms aer still two of the best in the biz though. Harlen and Moose are good as well.

Buck should be a sideline reporter I wish I had his voice though I'd probably walk around all day talking to myself.

Dream commentator team: Aikman, Jaws, Simms. If I have to hear Emmit Smith babbling in a ****** conversation with Chris Carter again I just might kill something.

MetSox17
09-09-2008, 06:11 PM
I just love listening to Joe Buck's voice. Him partnered with Troy is heavenly for me.

Jaws is a douche. Completely. I love how yesterday he was saying that it was no one's fault on the TD to Driver that got called back, when in reality, it was.

I've been wanting to point this out, but since we're talking about commentators, i'll bring it up.

He said it was a run/pass option. Fine.

Who was at fault? Aaron Rodgers. Why? Because he didn't let his linemen know he was gonna pass. Jaws was babbling like he knew what he was saying, and i remember him saying "he looked to the run first and saw that he bit on the pump fake". WTF?! How can he look at the run while pump faking and seeing the CB?

He NEVER looked for the run. As soon as he snapped the ball he stared down Driver, pump faked, then threw deep. He should have audibled to the linemen that he was gonna pass, and that would have been six for them. Jaws is an idiot.

Chucky
09-09-2008, 06:12 PM
Brian Billick was pretty solid for his first time in the booth. He called the Bucs-Saints game

The Dynasty
09-09-2008, 06:15 PM
Yeah i really enjoy it a lot more than like someone earlier said Watching four old ex-players and sometimes Chris mortensen trying to tell us at home what the defense and offense are planning on doing.

thule
09-09-2008, 06:20 PM
Mike Mayock does the vikings games sometimes...I really enjoy listening to him during a game. Him and Jaw's are two of my favorites.

BlindSite
09-09-2008, 06:21 PM
I just love listening to Joe Buck's voice. Him partnered with Troy is heavenly for me.

Jaws is a douche. Completely. I love how yesterday he was saying that it was no one's fault on the TD to Driver that got called back, when in reality, it was.

I've been wanting to point this out, but since we're talking about commentators, i'll bring it up.

Who was at fault? Aaron Rodgers. Why? Because he didn't let his linemen know he was gonna pass. Jaws was babbling like he knew what he was saying, and i remember him saying "he looked to the run first and saw that he bit on the pump fake". WTF?! How can he look at the run while pump faking and seeing the CB?

He NEVER looked for the run. As soon as he snapped the ball he stared down Driver, pump faked, then threw deep. He should have audibled to the linemen that he was gonna pass, and that would have been six for them. Jaws is an idiot.

I'd wager it would be the centre who didn't relay the call properly. Who knows.

Jaws has good stats and breaks down plays well, he might not be right all the time but when he's not arguing with Kornhole he's been known to have some insight.

Bruce Banner
09-09-2008, 06:23 PM
Brian Billick was pretty solid for his first time in the booth. He called the Bucs-Saints game

Either Billick is not given enough credit or boy blunder can't call an unpredictable game.

Other Douche: "So what's the play gonna be Brian?"

Brian: "whatever works...eh, how about a typical west coast offense play? sprint right pass to the receiver in the flat?"

Then that exact play happens.

MetSox17
09-09-2008, 06:31 PM
I'd wager it would be the centre who didn't relay the call properly. Who knows.

Jaws has good stats and breaks down plays well, he might not be right all the time but when he's not arguing with Kornhole he's been known to have some insight.

Well it was someone's fault. But you're right, it's either the Center or the QB's fault, but someone did screw up.

A lot of people can do what Jaws does. The only reason he comes off as being some genius is because he gets to sit around for 8 hours a day watching film that only companies like ESPN and teams in the NFL have access to. I'm underwhelmed at the stuff he comes up with having all of that at his disposal.

BlindSite
09-09-2008, 06:51 PM
Good point, I would like to have a job where out of 7 days I got the best seats in the house for monday night games and had 6 **** to come up with some material to speak about.

If I had his access I'd want to be in depth as possible, maybe though ESPN dumbs down what he submits as analysis and he isn't allowed to be as in depth as he is capable of being.

CJSchneider
09-09-2008, 07:24 PM
Watching 4 guys in business suits yell over each other is more annoying though, I think that Steve Young should be in there instead of Carter. It would be nice to have someone who could articulate a thought without using the phrase "my boy" or "dawg" every 20 seconds.

+ rep for that, I love Steve Young in the booth.

GB12
09-09-2008, 07:51 PM
Wrong. First of all that was a bad call by the refs. Moll was fine, he was within the range where he shouldn't have been flagged for being downfield. Second of all, even if he was 20 yards downfield it wouldn't have been anyone's fault.

Who was at fault? Aaron Rodgers. Why? Because he didn't let his linemen know he was gonna pass.

He NEVER looked for the run. As soon as he snapped the ball he stared down Driver, pump faked, then threw deep. He should have audibled to the linemen that he was gonna pass, and that would have been six for them. Jaws is an idiotRodgers wasn't supposed to let the lineman know. This is a play we did a lot with Favre last year. We call a run play in the huddle, then if the QB thinks he can beat this defense on a deep route he and Donald Driver have a subtle sign to make the audble to the play we saw. Only Driver and the QB know that's what we're doing. The other 9 guys run the play that was called in the huddle.

BBIB
09-10-2008, 10:02 AM
Ya, I really liked it too.

It shows how big Madden is getting. More than just a game. It's freakin' EVERYWHERE these days!

Actually it is more of a statement about technology than anything.

It's called Augmented Reality. It's been a while for quite a while. .

Prince 561
09-10-2008, 11:25 AM
Wrong. First of all that was a bad call by the refs. Moll was fine, he was within the range where he shouldn't have been flagged for being downfield. Second of all, even if he was 20 yards downfield it wouldn't have been anyone's fault.

Rodgers wasn't supposed to let the lineman know. This is a play we did a lot with Favre last year. We call a run play in the huddle, then if the QB thinks he can beat this defense on a deep route he and Donald Driver have a subtle sign to make the audble to the play we saw. Only Driver and the QB know that's what we're doing. The other 9 guys run the play that was called in the huddle.

Jaws is the idiot...? :rolleyes:

yourfavestoner
09-10-2008, 12:26 PM

Rodgers wasn't supposed to let the lineman know. This is a play we did a lot with Favre last year. We call a run play in the huddle, then if the QB thinks he can beat this defense on a deep route he and Donald Driver have a subtle sign to make the audble to the play we saw. Only Driver and the QB know that's what we're doing. The other 9 guys run the play that was called in the huddle.

That makes no sense at all. The linemen have to have some sort of audible. If not, they'll come out and run block on a pass play and get called for having illegal men downfield.

Prince 561
09-10-2008, 12:56 PM
That makes no sense at all. The linemen have to have some sort of audible. If not, they'll come out and run block on a pass play and get called for having illegal men downfield.

They don't. The pass is so quick that the linemen don't have time to get downfield. The CB jumped the route though so Driver had no choice to go deep. Even still, Rodgers threw the ball before Moll was 5 yards downfield, so it was a blown call regardless.

MetSox17
09-10-2008, 02:07 PM

LOL, so how in the world are you gonna throw the ball down field with your linemen 5 yards down already?

Like YFS said, it makes absolutely no sense. He has to let the linemen know, or you'll see what happened Monday every time. Unless you can throw the ball so fast that you'll beat your already running forward linemen. :rolleyes:

Prince 561
09-10-2008, 04:04 PM
LOL, so how in the world are you gonna throw the ball down field with your linemen 5 yards down already?

Like YFS said, it makes absolutely no sense. He has to let the linemen know, or you'll see what happened Monday every time. Unless you can throw the ball so fast that you'll beat your already running forward linemen. :rolleyes:

It's supposed to be a snap and then a pass directly to the receiver. Unfortunately the CB jumped the route so Rodgers had to hold the ball while Driver went deep. It was an improvised play. Don't talk about stuff you don't know about and then call Jaws an idiot when his call was 100% correct.

MetSox17
09-10-2008, 05:53 PM
It's supposed to be a snap and then a pass directly to the receiver. Unfortunately the CB jumped the route so Rodgers had to hold the ball while Driver went deep. It was an improvised play. Don't talk about stuff you don't know about and then call Jaws an idiot when his call was 100% correct.

Is he not supposed to drop back? Is he gonna throw the ball two inches from the Centers' rear end?

Even if he threw the ball half a second after he snapped it, you would have had guys down field. Why? Because they were running straight forward as soon as the ball was snapped.

bored of education
09-10-2008, 05:55 PM
Demofield it is called.

GB12
09-10-2008, 06:52 PM

I worded that wrong, it's supposed to be a quick route not deep.

And you can either believe me or keep denying it, but we're not going to get anywhere arguing on this subject. It's something we did with Favre last year and it looks like we'll continue using it this year with Rodgers.

MetSox17
09-10-2008, 06:55 PM
I worded that wrong, it's supposed to be a quick route not deep.

And you can either believe me or keep denying it, but we're not going to get anywhere arguing on this subject. It's something we did with Favre last year and it looks like we'll continue using it this year with Rodgers.

I just have a hard time seeing how you can allow your linemen to run forward after the snap and still expect to pass the ball effectively, all the while avoiding a IMDF penalty.

GB12
09-10-2008, 06:58 PM
I just have a hard time seeing how you can allow your linemen to run forward after the snap and still expect to pass the ball effectively, all the while avoiding a IMDF penalty.
It was done multiple times last year.

I remember one game when the television crew did a great job showing the fans going. The team came out of the huddle and lined up, Favre took a look at the defense and then looked over to Driver, Driver nodded his head and then they hooked up for a first down while the rest of the team ran a completely different play.

neko4
09-10-2008, 07:07 PM
Did anybody see the play early on where Rodgers threw a quick pass to Jennings and he got stopped 2 yards in the backfield. It was supposed to be that I believe, but the CB jumped the route so Driver had to go deep.