PDA

View Full Version : Post Week 1 Power Ranking's

Smooth Criminal
09-09-2008, 07:54 AM
Remember, these are power rankings. Not a prediction on where teams teams will finish ranked, its a ranking of how good they are right now.

1. Dallas Cowboys - (1-0) - The Cowboys looked good on offense and defense in a total domination of a 10 win team last season.

2. Pittsburgh Steelers - (1-0) - Dominated a team that is supposed to be on the rise. Looked great in all 3 aspects of the game.

3.New York Giants - (1-0) - Superbowl Champs got a division win. Run game and pass rush were there. They’re a force.

4.Philadelphia Eagles - (1-0) - Dominated a Rams teams that isn’t very good. McNabb looks ready to lead them back to the playoffs.

5.Indianapolis Colts - (0-1) - Still one of the best teams in the league. Injury to Clark adds another question mark. Manning will get over the rust of not paying.

6.Green Bay Packers - (1-0) - Rodgers looks like the real deal. He should be able to build upon what they did last season.

7.San Diego Chargers - (0-1) - This team is loaded with talent. Even with the loss, Rivers was damn near perfect in the 2nd half. Unfortunate loss. They'll be back.

8.New Orleans Saints - (1-0) - Big division win this week. Looked good on offense and the defensive additions looked nice.

9.Chicago Bears - (1-0) - The dominant defense is back and they have a solid run game with Forte. The D will keep them in alot of games and Forte will win them.

10.Jacksonville Jaguars - (0-1) - Offense has major questions. Manuwai, Williams, and Meester are out and Garrard has been throwing to many picks.

11.Cleveland Browns - (0-1) - Looked shaky against Dallas. Defense looked non existent. Offense has some playmakers. Anderson needs to get back in form.

12.Minnesota Vikings - (0-1) - Peterson and the defense should lead this team. If Jackson can continue to make plays this team could go far.

13.New England Patriots - (1-0) - Tom Brady going down drops what this team can expect to do. With the players they still have they could still win the AFC East.

14. Tennessee Titans - (1-0) - They used great defense and rushing to beat the Jags. Young’s injury could set the team back. Maybe not with how bad he’s looked.

15. Buffalo Bills - (1-0) - Completely dominated with special teams. The offense was productive and the D shut down the Seahawks.

16. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - (0-1) - Tough division loss. Looked solid on both sides of the ball. Garcia questionable for this week.

17.Denver Broncos - (1-0) - Dominated division rival Oakland. Cutler looks ready to make the next step to an elite QB.

18. Arizona Cardinals - (1-0) - Division win over the 49ers on the road. They look like the class of a weak NFC West. Warner looks ready to lead this offense.

19.New York Jets - (1-0) - All of the offseason acquisitions look to have improved the team. Favre and Faneca give them a formidable offense. They could get the East.

20.Carolina Panthers - (1-0) - Shock win over the Bolts. They showed some talent on both sides of the ball. Delholme looks to be back healthy.

21. Baltimore Ravens - (1-0) - They got a win with a rookie RB, QB, and head coach. The defense looked great. Offense definitely has some bright spots.

22.Seattle Seahawks - (0-1) - Weak showing in loss. Offense looked awful and the defense gave up more than it should have. Season ended to Nate hurts.

23.Oakland Raiders - (0-1) - Not the opener they would have liked, but Russell looked solid. McFadden and Fargas played well. Dont know what happened to that D.

24.Atlanta Falcons - (1-0) - Great run game. Turner had a great day. Matt Ryan was solid at QB. Still questions

25.Houston Texans - (0-1) - Didn't look good against the Steelers. Slaton had some nice carries and Johnson was solid. Only Williams and Ryans showed on D.

26. San Francisco 49ers - (0-1) - Tough division loss to Cardinals. Gore and the run game looked good. Still no QB.

27.Miami Dolphins - (0-1) - Parcells has gotten the Dolphins on the right track. Pennington was a great addition. Williams and Brown are a nice duo.

28. Cincinatti Bengals - (0-1) - Looked very bad on offense and couldn’t stop the Ravens from getting big plays. Palmer has to play better.

29. Washington Redskins - (0-1) - They have some name recognition but its clear the offense isn’t ready to go. They’ll finish higher, but the offense simply isn’t ready.

30.Kansas City Chiefs - (0-1) - Kept up with the Bradyless Patriots. Croyle injury puts Damon Huard back as the starter.

31. Detroit Lions - (0-1) - Very weak showing against a Falcons team that was worst in the league. The defense got torched on the ground. That needs to improve, a lot.

32.St. Louis Rams - (0-1) - Looked simply awful against the Eagles. They didn’t play well on either side of the ball. Look forward to another high draft pick.

Gay Ork Wang
09-09-2008, 08:01 AM
yay bears not in the last 5

eaglesalltheway
09-09-2008, 08:05 AM
Overall I think that is pretty good. I expected the Rams to be waaaay low on the list after that, but they will get better as the season goes on. Dallas is fair, and The Giants is fair as well. 3 NFC East teams oin the top 4, purely amazing.

abaddon41_80
09-09-2008, 08:35 AM
I did these for fun, they are based completely on game 1

1. Eagles - They just completed dominated every aspect of the game
2. Steelers - Parker and the defense dominated
3. Broncos - Cutler will be a top 5 QB by the end of the season, run defense still looked bad
4. Cowboys - Ran all over the Browns, Romo looked good, and defense was great
5. Falcons - Running game looked great, Ryan was solid, and defense was okay
6. Bears - Orton didn't make mistakes, running game was good, and defense was solid
7. Panthers - Looked great on offense even without Steve Smith
8. Bills - Were solid on defense, offense, and special teams
9. Saints - Offense looked great except the a couple of mistakes, defense not so much
10. Packers -Rodgers and the offense were good, defense could have been better
11. Giants - They didn't look great anywhere but were solid
12. Ravens- Defense was dominant and running game looked good
13. Jets - Nothing spectacular but they got the job done
14. Titans - Both lines were great and the running game was good
15. Patriots - Defense and running game were solid, Moss looked great, Cassel was solid
16. Cardinals - Neither the offense or defense looked good but they didn't make any mistakes
17. Chargers - Great on offense but defense couldn't stop the run
18. 49ers - Looked good on both sides of the ball but made a lot of mistakes
19. Vikings - Running game was great with AP/Jackson but the defense was surprisingly bad
20. Dolphins - Passing game was solid but nothing else was
21. Tampa Bay - Garcia was under constant pressure but the running game was good
22. Colts - Manning looked good but no one else did
23. Chiefs - Better than expected on offense but pretty bad on defense
24. Texans - Andre Johnson and Mario Williams are still great
25. Browns- Defense is a sieve and the offense looked bad
26. Seahawks - Killed themselves with poor play all-around
27. Bengals- I thought they had a good offense?
28. Lions - Probably the worst defense in the league
29. Jaguars - Offense couldn't do anything and defense was getting ran all over
30. Redskins - At least they got some garbage time yards
31. Raiders - Offense couldn't do anything when it actually mattered, defense was terrible
32. Rams - Just terrible

wicket
09-09-2008, 09:12 AM
I think the colts are a bit high and the panthers are a bit low for the rest i like the rankings a lot although i would push the jaguars, packers and the seahawks down a bit.

MetSox17
09-09-2008, 09:32 AM
When taking into account the talent and team they went up against, and the performance dished out, it has to be Dallas. Completely dominated the Browns from the start. Offensive line was ridiculous, giving Romo all day to pass. Romo showed beautiful accuracy all game, and had it not been for a missed block by our rookie RB, he would have had a damn near perfect game.

I also liked what i saw from the Eagles. Without any real WR's outside of DeSean Jackson, they looked like the greatest show on turf. McNabb played like he never suffered an injury, and if he keeps that up, the Eagles will contend for the division title.

At the bottom of the barrel, it has to be the Rams. They just looked god-awful. Gotta feel for the Rams fans this season, it might be a long one. The Texans looked pretty putrid as well. There was a few surprise upsets, but i think by the end of the year, it'll look normal.

princefielder28
09-09-2008, 09:45 AM
doesn't look too bad....Packers at 6 is about right

Gay Ork Wang
09-09-2008, 09:51 AM
yay this is the last time seeing the bears in the top16

Geo
09-09-2008, 10:33 AM
Way too soon for power rankings, wait until the first of October imo.

Smooth Criminal
09-09-2008, 10:37 AM
I like to do them after every week. They change alot over the first month or so but o well.

giantsfan
09-09-2008, 11:42 AM
When taking into account the talent and team they went up against, and the performance dished out, it has to be Dallas. Completely dominated the Browns from the start. Offensive line was ridiculous, giving Romo all day to pass. Romo showed beautiful accuracy all game, and had it not been for a missed block by our rookie RB, he would have had a damn near perfect game.

I also liked what i saw from the Eagles. Without any real WR's outside of DeSean Jackson, they looked like the greatest show on turf. McNabb played like he never suffered an injury, and if he keeps that up, the Eagles will contend for the division title.

At the bottom of the barrel, it has to be the Rams. They just looked god-awful. Gotta feel for the Rams fans this season, it might be a long one. The Texans looked pretty putrid as well. There was a few surprise upsets, but i think by the end of the year, it'll look normal.

I'm not sure how much of that dallas/browns game was a dominant cowboys and how much was the browns being exposed for having preyed on a weak schedule last year. The Browns defense did everything I expected, created zero pass rush and left it's young corners exposed while being pushed around by the massive dallas oline in the run game. On O the browns could get a running game going and anderson was very unimpressive. Overall that game was more the browns living down to all of my expectations. Boys were beastly but we all already knew that.

awfullyquiet
09-09-2008, 11:48 AM
Overall I think that is pretty good. I expected the Rams to be waaaay low on the list after that, but they will get better as the season goes on.

Agreed. They won't suffer as much on offense... They'll look like an NFC west version of Detroit. Only with a MARGINALLY better defensive line.

BlindSite
09-09-2008, 05:43 PM
I don't expect them to get a lot of respect, its one win, but to be 20th after having a performance where for much of the game they were spanking one of the NFL's best teams without Steve Smith, its a bit harsh. I'd go for around about 14th, just below NE.