PDA

View Full Version : Which team surprised you the most?

Bengalsrocket
09-09-2008, 09:21 AM
Title says it all. Either a team played much better than you expected or a team played much worse than you expected.

We obviously had an array of teams that under performed and over performed but the team that surprised me the most was Denver. Don't get me wrong, I expected them to win - but putting up 41 points (even against Oakland's defense) was no where near my expectations.

So I ask you, which team (or even game, if that's the route you want to go) surprised you the most?

drowe
09-09-2008, 09:23 AM
Chicago. really, they dominated the Colts on the road. NEVER saw that one coming.

Bengalsrocket
09-09-2008, 09:25 AM
Chicago. really, they dominated the Colts on the road. NEVER saw that one coming.

Thats a good choice too. Sucks I had Matt Forte on my bench in my FF league and I almost cried while watching that game :(

MetSox17
09-09-2008, 09:26 AM
The Dolphins. I thought they'd just roll over, and they took the Jets to the final play.

NY+Giants=NYG
09-09-2008, 09:31 AM
Chicago, Tenn, Buffalo & Atl

wicket
09-09-2008, 09:33 AM
Chicago (or Indy one of the two)
Panthers (regrettably, I dont want them in my division anymore)

OzTitan
09-09-2008, 09:46 AM
Atlanta I would have to say.

abaddon41_80
09-09-2008, 09:51 AM
I gotta say the Bears as I expected them to get destroyed. I knew that the Falcons would run on the Lions, though the extent of it surprised me a bit, I thought the Panthers would keep the game with the Chargers close so the win wasn't that surprising, I knew Denver would kill Oakland, and I predicted the Dolphins would play the Jets tough.

CJSchneider
09-09-2008, 09:52 AM
Strangely, the Bengals. I may not be a fan, but over the off-season, I had come to believe thay may have a decent year. Their offense was lack-luster at best in week 1.

Gay Ork Wang
09-09-2008, 10:00 AM
Def ATL. I thought they gonna lose badly against someone like the Lions

and then the Bears obviously. I thought Manning is going to break some kind of record

Babylon
09-09-2008, 10:24 AM
Buffalo looked strong to me against good competition. I would say right now they will win that division. The Raiders were atrocius top to bottom. Cant say that isnt a pleasant thing.

Smooth Criminal
09-09-2008, 10:35 AM
Easily Chicago. Can't say I saw that one coming at all.

Geo
09-09-2008, 10:36 AM
For me, it was definitely Carolina. A great team win for them.

Yatta!
09-09-2008, 10:36 AM
Chicago surprised me the most with Atlanta coming a close second. There were loads of teams that just seemed to roll over and die, I thought the Bengals/Lions etc might have at least put up a fight.

SFbear
09-09-2008, 10:52 AM
If I wasn't a Bears fan, I would have probably taken an all Colts roster in fantasy. But don't worry folks, we'll be back to suckitude soon enough and the universe will be back to normal. Til then...Huzzah!! Huzzah!!

CC.SD
09-09-2008, 11:19 AM
I would have to say the Chargers.

After last year's start and preaching the entire off season about starting fast, it was clear they had already decided Carolina wasn't a good team and they came out ridiculously flat; the O-line didn't get push, the defense was not physical by any definition, and by the time they decided to get their act together and shut down the run, play some offense, and actually play football, it was too late. Disgusting.

giantsfan
09-09-2008, 11:54 AM
I know it was just won weak against one of the most talented teams in the league but the browns struggled in every area of concern this week, i guess that was like an anti-surprise.

Dam8610
09-09-2008, 12:01 PM
The Colts laying an egg against the Bears. I don't think I've ever seen the Colts drop so many passes.

Gay Ork Wang
09-09-2008, 12:20 PM
I would have to say the Chargers.

After last year's start and preaching the entire off season about starting fast, it was clear they had already decided Carolina wasn't a good team and they came out ridiculously flat; the O-line didn't get push, the defense was not physical by any definition, and by the time they decided to get their act together and shut down the run, play some offense, and actually play football, it was too late. Disgusting.
Charger Cohen ---> CC.SD?

awfullyquiet
09-09-2008, 12:33 PM
The Colts laying an egg against the Bears. I don't think I've ever seen the Colts drop so many passes.

If you think that's the major contributor to the egg, i don't think you were watching the game.

Dam8610
09-09-2008, 01:13 PM
If you think that's the major contributor to the egg, i don't think you were watching the game.

I was watching the game at the stadium, I saw too many dropped passes to remember, passes that would've gone for 20+ yards and taken the Bears off the stacked line + blitz look they were giving all night, they same way the long TD pass to Reggie did in XLI. Peyton was slightly off with his accuracy and missed at least one TD pass for it, with another being dropped by Gonzo. Then of course there was the fumble by Marvin that led to a Bears TD.

nfrillman
09-09-2008, 01:26 PM
On the dark side, I would say the Rams. I was expecting a level of improvement, not a win, but something resembling progress. Instead, they play the worst game I have seen since they came to St. Louis. They have absolutely zero fire, seems like they just don't care.

CC.SD
09-09-2008, 01:28 PM
Charger Cohen ---> CC.SD?

Yah I'm his evil twin.

LonghornsLegend
09-09-2008, 01:36 PM
Atlanta easily...Yes Chicago's D was smothering, but ATL looked great in all facets, the line which was a weakness was paving holes for Turner to run through and he looked amazing doing it...Ryan doesn't look or play like a rookie, they have a nice crop of WR's, when they find a young game changer at TE that offense will be explosive...I didn't get to see how Baker looked in pass protection, but the run blocking as a whole looked good.

Also this week if anything, should prove why the Lions and Raiders have some of the best fans, when management is screwing your team up from the top you won't make it anywhere.

Crickett
09-09-2008, 01:55 PM
The team that surprised me the most was the St. Louis Rams. I attributed a lot of their problems last year to injuries. I thought well, they had so many injuries last year, they'll be a lot better this year.

Turns out it wasn't the injuries, they just suck.

TimD
09-09-2008, 02:06 PM
Too many surprises to narrow it down. I was impressed by the Bears, Broncos, Dolphins, Panthers, and Falcons offense. The Lions defense was almost hard to watch.

Menardo75
09-09-2008, 04:45 PM
I would say Chicago, I expected a blow out the other way.

BlindSite
09-09-2008, 05:49 PM
I was honestly shocked by Carolina's performance. When I saw the match ups across the board I thought Carolina would lose by 10 if Delhomme and Williams had games of their lives. I never expected the offensive line to be as powerful in both facets of the game as it was and I didn't expect our defensive tackles to be so good.

Outside of Carolina i was really shocked at the performance of the Bears, in particular captain Neck Beard, I didn't think he'd be even really serviceable as a starter and he managed to run that game really well. I don't think I'd want him as my QB to lead the team down the field and throw a game winner, but I like him as a guy to sit back and make the throws necessary to allow the run game and defense to win games.

I was shocked at how pathetic the defence of the Raiders was.

I was shocked at just how well Aaron Rogers played.

CJSchneider
09-09-2008, 07:12 PM
I was shocked at just how well Aaron Rogers played.

I must admit, that didn't shock me.

bearsfan_51
09-09-2008, 07:48 PM
If we beat the Panthers next week we'll have a pretty reasonable path to the playoffs. Considering that I expected us to go 4-12, I think that qualifies as an upset.

bored of education
09-09-2008, 08:50 PM
Bernard Pollard. Bills. Cutlerz, Royalz and The Co'z

keylime_5
09-09-2008, 09:05 PM
Chicago for sure. Buffalo was surprisingly better than I thought too. I thought they would beat Seattle, but not like that.