PDA

View Full Version : Sean Lee

toddmlazarchick
09-09-2008, 08:48 PM
Obviously he is out for the season but where do you see him going? He is a sr right?

foozball
09-09-2008, 08:54 PM
um...redshirt and return to PSU

MaxV
09-09-2008, 09:07 PM
He'll come back next year.

It still remains to be seen if he will regain that same speed that made him one of the best LBs in the country.

toddmlazarchick
09-09-2008, 09:09 PM
my bad i never knew he was redshirted

STARHEATHER
09-09-2008, 10:23 PM
rd 5. undersize underathletic lb with a bum wheel. not the recipe for a smart selection with a high pick. coulddevelop in to a st and solid backup. id didnt see much more than that when he was healthy, now, i mean dan connor got picked in rd 3

underscore
09-10-2008, 05:14 AM
Between Poz, Connor and Lee, Lee was the most complete package.

It remains to be seen how Lee comes back. Good thing for him is, he'll be at full strength in the spring.

MaxV
09-10-2008, 07:21 AM
rd 5. undersize underathletic lb with a bum wheel. not the recipe for a smart selection with a high pick. coulddevelop in to a st and solid backup. id didnt see much more than that when he was healthy, now, i mean dan connor got picked in rd 3

Well, Lee wasn't "underathletic" before the injury. He had more speed and range then Connor.

However, this type of an injury can certainly slow him down.

Sniper
09-10-2008, 09:06 AM
Well, Lee wasn't "underathletic" before the injury. He had more speed and range then Connor.

However, this type of an injury can certainly slow him down.

But he's white, so automatically it means that he's unathletic.

Santonio10
09-10-2008, 09:08 AM
Lee is pretty much a combination of the best things about Poz and the best things about Connor. He is a playmaker. Hopefully his knee won't slow him down too much. If it does this year, then he'll end up being a steal in the draft for someone when he does get healthy. Having met him, he's a really good, quality guy too.

eaglesalltheway
09-10-2008, 11:17 AM

And automatically he plays with a great motor and heart, right :eyeroll:?

Sniper
09-10-2008, 11:39 AM
And automatically he plays with a great motor and heart, right :eyeroll:?

Exactly. Not the fleetest of foot, but just great leadership, intangibles, motor and heart. Never going to be a superstar, but a good role player. ;)

nhlkdog411
09-10-2008, 04:57 PM
Exactly. Not the fleetest of foot, but just great leadership, intangibles, motor and heart. Never going to be a superstar, but a good role player. ;)

don't forget that he might be able to help out on special teams!

CashmoneyDrew
09-10-2008, 05:37 PM
It's a shame he got hurt because this year's draft class could really use him. It's a pretty underwhelming 4-3 outside linebacker draft IMO.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
09-10-2008, 05:54 PM
Penn State's recent top LB prospects seem to all have had some major injuries their Jr or Sr year.

Sniper
09-10-2008, 06:12 PM
don't forget that he might be able to help out on special teams!

Special teams star! He'll just never be a starter!

MetSox17
09-10-2008, 06:29 PM
Special teams star! He'll just never be a starter!

Are ya'll talking about Bobby Carpenter? :confused:

STARHEATHER
09-10-2008, 07:53 PM
im going to have to disagree on lee. he didnt show really anything different than poslusny or connor neither of whom will be good nfl lbs anyway. add the bum wheel so really why bother other than a late selection. if he broke 4.7 id be shocked, just like poslusny and connor. pretty much the same type animal. id vbe more inclined to use a 3rd rd pick on a healthy player with some more upside that maybe has a shot at being a top end player, than a guy whos going to be at very best an average nfl lb but more likely st, backup or hurt again. too many bad things in there. there will be top level talents in the higher rounds, you got to try to find them not waste a high pick on a dude with such little upside and injury problems. late rds for me at best

Sniper
09-10-2008, 07:57 PM
i add the bum wheel so really why bother other than a late selection.

Yeah, it's not like he's got a year before he's eligible for the draft or anything

if he broke 4.7 id be shocked

Prepare to be shocked.

Id vbe more inclined to use a 3rd rd pick on a black player

Fixed for what you're insinuating.

too many bad things in there.

No there aren't.

not waste a high pick on a white guy

Again, fixed for what you're insinuating.

MaxV
09-10-2008, 08:01 PM
Poz will be a very good LB in the NFL. And he DID run under 4.7.

Sniper
09-10-2008, 08:03 PM
Sean Lee 2007 stats: 138 tackles, 10.5 TFL for 34 yards, 3.5 sacks for 23 yards, 3 FF, 3 FR, 1 INT.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO crappy.

SMoore
09-10-2008, 08:37 PM
im going to have to disagree on lee. he didnt show really anything different than poslusny or connor neither of whom will be good nfl lbs anyway. add the bum wheel so really why bother other than a late selection. if he broke 4.7 id be shocked, just like poslusny and connor. pretty much the same type animal. id vbe more inclined to use a 3rd rd pick on a healthy player with some more upside that maybe has a shot at being a top end player, than a guy whos going to be at very best an average nfl lb but more likely st, backup or hurt again. too many bad things in there. there will be top level talents in the higher rounds, you got to try to find them not waste a high pick on a dude with such little upside and injury problems. late rds for me at best

Did you watch Posluszny's start to the season last year? He was all over the field making tackles. He had more tackles than Patrick Willis when he got hurt. I'm not worried about him making an impact. He has already shown he has that type of ability.

Saints-Tigers
09-12-2008, 04:43 PM

I wonder if a mixed guy(black and white) would be both athletic AND supersmart, or if he would just be dumb and unathletic? :D

CC.SD
09-12-2008, 06:06 PM

You got it. I like Lee as a prospect a lot...definitely a possible steal.

STARHEATHER
09-12-2008, 10:59 PM
what i saw was a dude who made it through 1.5 games. and in the 1 game, although he may have had 10 tackles, their defense got owned and most tackles were several yards downfield. im not inclined to say anything good about a dude who makes ith through one game before getting injured, and in that one game, the defense got pummeled.

Race for the Heisman
09-12-2008, 11:51 PM
what i saw was a dude who made it through 1.5 games. and in the 1 game, although he may have had 10 tackles, their defense got owned and most tackles were several yards downfield. im not inclined to say anything good about a dude who makes ith through one game before getting injured, and in that one game, the defense got pummeled.

Considering the average NFL play goes for about four or five yards, I would think most tackles would be made 'several yards downfield.' Furthermore, there's a reason we prize tackles for loss, and that's because they are uncommon (relative to other stops) plays.

STARHEATHER
09-12-2008, 11:59 PM
if he did that for 16 games and they were good on defense, id give him his due and proper surely, until then, hes a dude who got hurt after one game. and i dont mean 4-5 yards downfield. i mean like 10-20 yds downfield. i think wp may have even put up a 200 spot or therteabouts with poz patrolling the middle, before he got hurt for the whole year