PDA

View Full Version : Redskins Offtopic

SeanTaylorRIP
03-01-2007, 08:41 PM
Talk anything here, local news, places to go in the area, other sports whatever. First question where are you from and for those fans from other places like Critesy for example how did you become a skins fan?

critesy
03-01-2007, 09:01 PM
oook well, i honestly dont remember so here i go.

i believe it was 3-4 years ago i really got into the NFL, and it was just a broad understanding..ment from there. so i liked a few teams and then when it came to playing madden against my brother, i tried out some teams but when i was the skins...trung canidate....yes, trung...was amazing and smoot always got INT's, hah...so i really liked being the skins and then from there i just loved them.

703SKINS202
03-02-2007, 02:51 AM
born in raised in fairfax county, loved the skins since day one... on some local **** everybody needs to be listening to the Junkies on 106.7 FM from 6-10 am every morning, those guys are the coolest talk sports women everything there some real cool dudes from MD, couple skins fans too although one is a niner fan

SeanTaylorRIP
03-03-2007, 09:46 PM
oook well, i honestly dont remember so here i go.

i believe it was 3-4 years ago i really got into the NFL, and it was just a broad understanding..ment from there. so i liked a few teams and then when it came to playing madden against my brother, i tried out some teams but when i was the skins...trung canidate....yes, trung...was amazing and smoot always got INT's, hah...so i really liked being the skins and then from there i just loved them.

lol first time I have heard Trung Candidate's name as appealing to a skins fan.

FloridaFootball
03-04-2007, 12:22 PM
Raised in Fairfax county, lived in Ashburn from 1999-2001. Lived by the Ashburn Ice House. Went to Redskins training camps and had a blast. I actually knew where Lavar and Darrell Green lived. Lavar had a silver Ferrari parked out front in his driveway. Anyways I moved to Florida when I turned 13.

Canadian_draft_fan
03-04-2007, 01:35 PM
Long time Skins fan from Winnipeg, Manitoba. I started cheering for the Skins in the 1972 season - they were somewhat of an underdog team and I was sick of the "America's Team" crap going on with the CowPukes. Loved billy Kilmer & Larry Brown. Unfortunately living up here I didn't get to see a lot of Skins games on network TV unless the Skins were competitive (during the 80's). Now that I have NFL Sunday ticket I can watch every Skins game.

I try to to an NFL game every year in Minneapolis, so guess which one I'm getting tickets for in '07? Can't wait.

SidneyG
03-12-2007, 01:39 PM
From S.E. D.C been a fan since I want Billy ( Kilmer ) , I want Sonny ( Jurgenson ) era. Now living in NY and have constant death threats during the Skins Giants Game.

SeanTaylorRIP
03-12-2007, 02:06 PM
From S.E. D.C been a fan since I want Billy ( Kilmer ) , I want Sonny ( Jurgenson ) era. Now living in NY and have constant death threats during the Skins Giants Game.

Sidney G haven't seen u in a while.

SidneyG
03-12-2007, 02:38 PM
Hey Sermon what's happening . Been reading just not posting been busy at work. How you been ?

SeanTaylorRIP
03-12-2007, 03:10 PM
Hey Sermon what's happening . Been reading just not posting been busy at work. How you been ?

Nothing much just doing the same job still have nothing to do at work so I just surf the internet for 5 hours at least everyday at work. I'm a mod now so that's cool.

Madgriffon32
03-14-2007, 11:22 AM
raised in Orangeburg, SC ....
there ar emore SKins fans in SC than any other footbal team..

SeanTaylorRIP
03-25-2007, 07:07 PM
Georgetown!!!!

SidneyG
03-26-2007, 10:10 AM
Yes Georgetown, That kid Summers (?) is going to be a beast. I think that if Hibbert comes beck next year ( I am alreadt assuming Green is gone ) and the two freshman guards are as good as advertised, with Macklin and Summers the Hoyas may do a Florida and make it back to the Final Four .

SeanTaylorRIP
03-26-2007, 01:49 PM
Yes Georgetown, That kid Summers (?) is going to be a beast. I think that if Hibbert comes beck next year ( I am alreadt assuming Green is gone ) and the two freshman guards are as good as advertised, with Macklin and Summers the Hoyas may do a Florida and make it back to the Final Four .

I think Hibbert might be gone and I love Summers he is a carbon copy of Caron Butler shooting form and all. I fear though if they win the championship in a surprise Summers will bolt with Hibbert and Green as Summers would probably be a late lottery pick. Macklin hopefully can live up to the hype and Jeremiah Rivers has promise and Wallace and Sapp are back. Pat Ewing JR should have a bigger role offensively too with Green gone. Tyler Crawford should get more mins next year as a defensive guy. I personally have seen Austin Freeman play and the kid is legit scorer. Haven't seen much of Chris Wright but I hear good things. If Hibbert leaves their front line will be very weak.

SidneyG
03-26-2007, 02:59 PM
I think Hibbert will stay . He has developed so much and if he continues to develop at the same rate he will be a definite lottery pick next year as opposed to a mid first rounder this year . Summer should stay and assume Green's role . The great thing about the Hoyas success is that they should become an even greater force on the recruiting trail. Hoya Paranoia is back. Sermon did you see the way that Carolina chocked at the end of regulation and overtime . In a way it reminded me of when the Old Georgetown team just punked Kentucky back in the day. This team may not posses that same shear blatent intimidation that the old Hoyas had but there defense is relentless and eventually will beat you down.

21ST
03-26-2007, 03:20 PM
Born into it, i live in SC but my dad is from DC so he made me a skins fan.

neko4
03-27-2007, 10:09 PM
You'd think this thread would be buzzing with rumors

703SKINS202
03-27-2007, 10:16 PM
yea redskins offtopic, so many rumors

neko4
03-27-2007, 10:17 PM
yea redskins offtopic, so many rumors

Im saying the whole skins thread

703SKINS202
03-27-2007, 10:18 PM
ok true, i dont care though i dont think its gonna happen

neko4
03-27-2007, 10:20 PM
ok true, i dont care though i dont think its gonna happen

Me niether, big waste for the skins

critesy
03-28-2007, 12:18 AM
its what you'd think but we got like...3+ fans...

skins + draft picks = bleh.