PDA

View Full Version : Potential RB's out there to fill our Backfield

ChefMike
03-01-2007, 08:48 PM
Thomas Jones ? Willis McGhee ? Dominic Rhodes ? Correll Buckhalter ? There are options out there we can either trade for or sign via FA we don't need to commit a crazy amount of money to a player on the downswing and has not performed just cause he is our all time leading rusher, since his run in with the law a few years back he has not been the same player. Or put our faith in a rookie and draft one, we did when we drafted Jamal why not now ??

EdReedUnstoppable
03-02-2007, 04:53 AM
I say yes to Thomas Jones or Dominic Rhodes, I say no to Willis or Buckhalter.

In the draft if we get a RB I hope its Antonio Pittman of tOSU.

BigDawg819
03-02-2007, 08:29 AM
Or put our faith in a rookie and draft one, we did when we drafted Jamal why not now ??

We won our division and are not far from winning the Super Bowl so no way to we put it all on a rookie. Personally I would like to draft a Tony Hunt or Kenny Irons, I feel both are excellent prospects and would be a good fit with our club. Realistically I see Jamal coming back and splitting time with Anderson and somehow Daniels fitting in here and there.

ccB
03-02-2007, 08:30 AM
I think with Willis McGahee we would be a playoff team and probably get farther in the post season than last year. With him wed have a legitimate running attack.

I think we will have Jamal as our RB again next year. If we get one through the draft everyone knows im a Kenny Irons groupie but i wouldnt mind Hunt or Pittman.

bennybee38
03-04-2007, 12:35 PM
Dominic Rhodes and drafting either Michael Bush, Kolby Smith, or DeShawn Wynn along with Mike Anderson would be a nasty rotation.

BigDawg819
03-04-2007, 01:00 PM
Dominic Rhodes and drafting either Michael Bush, Kolby Smith, or DeShawn Wynn along with Mike Anderson would be a nasty rotation.

I'd have to disagree with that trio because basically they are all the same type back and the rotation needs that change of pace back to be effective.

bennybee38
03-04-2007, 01:24 PM
Kolby Smith isn't necessarily a pounder. Look at what New England did. Maroney isn't a finesse back hes a physical guy just like Dillon. It worked for them. But if im wrong...I still say we try to sign Rhodes but instead of drafting the guys i said before...maybe Garrett Wolfe or Ramonce Taylor in the later rounds.

ccB
03-04-2007, 02:13 PM
Kenny Irons could be the lightning to Mike Andersons thunder.

BigDawg819
03-04-2007, 02:17 PM

QFT

Someone who speaks the gospel............. :D

RaVeNFaNaCtIc
03-04-2007, 02:24 PM

true but if we cant get him Garret Wolfe can also be the lightning.:)

bennybee38
03-04-2007, 02:30 PM
i hate kenny irons. he might end up a huge bust so i dont want him in baltimore at all.

RaVeNFaNaCtIc
03-04-2007, 02:35 PM
Im crazy over Tony Hunt more than any RB in the draft (that has a chance to fall to us) He can handle the whole load after a year or 2 and can split tyme with Mike on his rookie year.

BigDawg819
03-04-2007, 02:59 PM
i hate kenny irons. he might end up a huge bust so i dont want him in baltimore at all.

Yeah cause those Auburn running backs always bust............

(note the sarcasm!)

dcarey20
03-04-2007, 03:09 PM
irons takes way too much heat...i really like him and i'd be happy if we nabbed him in the 2nd.

anyway, i think corey dillon could be an option for us. he's not my ideal replacement, but i'd take him over jamal, and he's a quick fix. i've heard that he has stated that the 3 teams he is down to are the jets, eagles, and ravens.

Bohleive
03-04-2007, 03:18 PM
Depending on how he runs, I only have eyes for Tony Hunt. Maybe Marshawn will slip though, and by that I mean to where we could reasonably make a trade, you never know.

remix 6
03-04-2007, 03:20 PM
Kolby Smith isn't necessarily a pounder. Look at what New England did. Maroney isn't a finesse back hes a physical guy just like Dillon. It worked for them. But if im wrong...I still say we try to sign Rhodes but instead of drafting the guys i said before...maybe Garrett Wolfe or Ramonce Taylor in the later rounds.

Maroney is nothing like Dillon really..besides his stiff arm

Maroney is a homerun threat..quick and suprisingly strong. hes not a pounder by any means but he does break a lot of tackles and is a homerun guy

Bohleive
03-04-2007, 03:40 PM
Maroney is nothing like Dillon really..besides his stiff arm

Maroney is a homerun threat..quick and suprisingly strong. hes not a pounder by any means but he does break a lot of tackles and is a homerun guy

Maybe he meant a young Dillon?

ChefMike
03-05-2007, 12:11 AM
I wouldnt mind seeing Dillion in the Purple and Black...I am not a Tony Hunt fan... we talk about the Auburn RBs what about the bust that is the Penn State player in general...they have not produced a quality offensive player other than Larry Johnson in over a Decade...I would take the risk on Chris Henry from Arizona before Hunt and I am not an Iron's fan though.. I think he was a bit of a product of surroundings like Gary Russell was in Minnesota..
I think a late round selection to keep an eye on is Lorenzo Booker from FSU..will be a good 3rd down guy and is quick..change of pace player...