PDA

View Full Version : The Raiders will NEVER turn things around...

BeerBaron
09-11-2008, 10:08 AM
....for as long as Al Davis is in command. Check this out:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/09/11/kiffins-comments-confirm-hes-not-really-the-coach/

Defensive Coordinator Rex Ryan reports directly to Al Davis, bypassing Kiffin who has no say over the defense whatsoever.

I think the only reason Kiffin wasn't canned in the offseason is because Davis didn't want to pay him to do nothing.

I just think its so f-ed up that an NFL franchise can be run this way. Yes, Davis has done tons for the game but that was probably a good 30-40 years ago now and he's only killing 1/32nd of the leagues teams.

So there was all this positive talk and hope that the Raiders could be a sleeper team but I don't think all the talent in the world is going to overcome ownership and management this bad.

Hell, if you look at the teams who have been the leagues bottomdwellers for as long as we can remember, the thing that seems to be consistent amongst them is bad ownership and/or management.

So until something changes at the top of the Raiders organization, no good is going to come out of them any time soon....

doingthisinsteadofwork
09-11-2008, 10:10 AM
Defensive Coordinator Rex Ryan reports directly to Al Davis, bypassing Kiffin who has no say over the defense whatsoever.What a suprise.:rolleyes:

Bruce Banner
09-11-2008, 10:20 AM
Take it from Warren Sapp.

He said that there was/is a phone on the sidelines that rings occasionally. He is sure that it's Al Davis telling Kiffin what plays to call.

MetSox17
09-11-2008, 10:54 AM
It is pretty messed up, but what're ya gonna do? Al Davis is a senile old man that believes he still knows how to work today's league. Eventually he'll get tired of the losing and give up his power, or he'll.. leave "somewhere else".

Diehard
09-11-2008, 11:11 AM
Eventually he'll get tired of the losing and give up his power, or he'll.. leave "somewhere else".

Any sane individual would've already realized that their actions were totally ******* up the franchise. My money is on the "somewhere else"... somewhere very, very hot (just burn, baby!)

slightlyaraiderfan
09-11-2008, 11:12 AM
Yup, Al needs to die asap.

awfullyquiet
09-11-2008, 11:13 AM
Yup, Al needs to die asap.

Seventy Dollars, and i can make it happen raiders fans.

Notredameleo
09-11-2008, 11:15 AM
Wow, wishing death on your owner? A pioneer for the nfl basically. hmmm, I know he is running the franchise into the ground, but still...

CashmoneyDrew
09-11-2008, 11:17 AM
What is he, like 87? Judging from his looks I'd say Raider fans don't have to suffer through that much more of Al Davis' reign of terror. Who's set to take over when he dies?

CC.SD
09-11-2008, 11:18 AM
What is he, like 87? Judging from his looks I'd say Raider fans don't have to suffer through that much more of Al Davis' reign of terror. Who's set to take over when he dies?

Someone better.

CashmoneyDrew
09-11-2008, 11:20 AM
Someone better.

Well, it can't get much worse.

MetSox17
09-11-2008, 11:25 AM
Well, it can't get much worse.

Which is exactly why it'll be someone better. By default.

doingthisinsteadofwork
09-11-2008, 11:39 AM
His son probably.

CJSchneider
09-11-2008, 12:09 PM
Mark Davis - son of Al Davis

http://www.prphotos.com//mas_assets/full/2743/IOS-002743.jpg

PalmerToCJ
09-11-2008, 12:12 PM
He's about the only owner I'd say is worse than Mike Brown in terms of destroying a team. Unfortunately, Brown's family who is of the same philosophy is waiting to take over when he's done so there's no end in sight for us.

I suffer with you Raiders fans!

Go Blue
09-11-2008, 12:23 PM
Its nice to see another franchise dealing with superior upper management! Will that $70 offer I saw earlier work for Millen as well?

MidwayMonster31
09-11-2008, 12:39 PM
What was it that Scott said? Something like, 'Lane Kiffin has as much pull in that organization as I do.'
While Al Davis is a meddling owner, I'd rather root for him than Mike Brown. At least Al Davis accomplished something in his time, instead of living off of his father's legacy. I do agree that Davis needs to go.
Just make sure awfullyquiet has a good supply of garlic, holy water, a crucifix and an oak stake.

awfullyquiet
09-11-2008, 12:49 PM
Its nice to see another franchise dealing with superior upper management! Will that $70 offer I saw earlier work for Millen as well?

did you read the fine print?

other nfcnorth teams ineligible for offer

Go Blue
09-11-2008, 01:25 PM
did you read the fine print?

other nfcnorth teams ineligible for offer

damn, but with the hole he has us in it would still take a few years to be competitive again!

Menardo75
09-11-2008, 02:15 PM
Yeah as long as Al Davis is the owner I don't think that franchise will be successful.

Stash
09-11-2008, 02:47 PM
Seventy Dollars, and i can make it happen raiders fans.

Do you accept check or money order?

awfullyquiet
09-11-2008, 02:48 PM
Do you accept check or money order?

Paypal. I should have said 70 dollars from every raiders fan.

Of which then i'd be a full 4900 dollars richer.

LonghornsLegend
09-11-2008, 02:57 PM
Yea its sad because its not due to lack of talent, but they have no direction...They throw money around that gets wasted and draft high picks that are fast or have measurables off the charts that don't have a fit, it makes me wonder if Megatron would of busted had he went there.

Everyone in the world knew it was stupid to pay Javon Walker 55 million dollars, except for Al Davis, and he's done nothing since he got that contract aside from spraying champagne at a club, getting robbed, staying on the injury report and dropping passes...It is sad when someone can make so many terrible decisions and not get fired, and its really sad for the rest of the NFL and Raider fans...There is no reason at all that team isn't better then what it is.

PoopSandwich
09-11-2008, 04:40 PM
He's about the only owner I'd say is worse than Mike Brown in terms of destroying a team. Unfortunately, Brown's family who is of the same philosophy is waiting to take over when he's done so there's no end in sight for us.

I suffer with you Raiders fans!

Mike Brown is stupid for not taking a first for Ocho Cinco (If the reports were true)

Him and the people that select some of the players (Thurman, Chris Henry etc.)

They need a serious revamp in ownership.

BlindSite
09-11-2008, 05:51 PM
Its pointless pointing out Al Davis' faults as an owner, there's not enough bandwidth on the internets to do it.

So I'll just say, I feel sorry for Lane Kiffin, who could probably be a very good NFL coach at some level.

Bucs_Rule
09-11-2008, 06:55 PM
Its strange to think that just 6 years ago the Raiders were in the SuperBowl.

summond822
09-11-2008, 06:59 PM
Its pointless pointing out Al Davis' faults as an owner, there's not enough bandwidth on the internets to do it.

So I'll just say, I feel sorry for Lane Kiffin, who could probably be a very good NFL coach at some level.

I think that Lane Kiffin was screwed over from the beginning. He was given a no-talent team and he doesn't even have the authority to bring in the personel that he feels he needs to make that team successful. When the owner is in charge of playcalls and defensive assignments, then there is something terribly wrong with the organization.

Course, everyone knew that and have been waiting for Davis to step aside (not likely) or croak (much more likely). The Raiders will likely be drafting in the Top 10 until Davis is gone or relinquishes power.

I feel bad for Raiders fans...

Basileus777
09-11-2008, 11:17 PM

He said that there was/is a phone on the sidelines that rings occasionally. He is sure that it's Al Davis telling Kiffin what plays to call.

Where did you hear this? Do you have a source?

Bruce Banner
09-11-2008, 11:22 PM
Were did you hear this? Do you have a source?

O man. That's old news. I will try to track it down. Don't doubt it though.

d34ng3l021
09-11-2008, 11:34 PM
I was just thinking about this. The Raiders have so much talent and guys that could actually pan out (and have panned out), but they will never amount to anything until Al Davis dies. Its kind of a sad though to think about...

09-11-2008, 11:41 PM

Yeah, that does sound quite ridiculous right now but it would definitely not surprise me if that indeed was/still is the case during Kiffin's reign as HC here.

Al has been a pillar to this game for so long and I respect all of his many achievements and accomplishments for the Raiders organization however it is more evident than ever it is time to step down for GOOD.

Au revoir Big Al.

Paranoidmoonduck
09-12-2008, 12:20 AM
This shouldn't surprise anyone. The way the Raiders are run is utterly ridiculous.

Cribbs>Hester
09-12-2008, 01:10 AM
Raiders fans have no idea what suffering is like. You guys have won super bowls and been to another one within the last 6 years. How about you suffer like us Browns, Lions, Saints and Cardinals fans for a half a hundred and then you'll have room to complain.

Bruce Banner
09-12-2008, 01:11 AM
Raiders fans have no idea what suffering is like. You guys have won super bowls and been to another one within the last 6 years. How about you suffer like us Browns, Lions, Saints and Cardinals fans for a half a hundred and then you'll have room to complain.

Every.Single.Post.Is.An.Attack.

Why?

Paranoidmoonduck
09-12-2008, 01:19 AM

I refuse to believe that having your only competent coach in a decade shipped out only to serve you your ass in the following years Superbowl, followed by seven (going on eight) years of laughably bad football, including possibly the worst offensive performance in NFL history in 2006 is worse than consistent mediocrity.

Other teams may be bad, but other teams at least aspire to work like the teams that are good. Oakland seems to aspire to win their own way, which results in horrendous performance year after year. No team is nearly as dysfunctional.

d34ng3l021
09-12-2008, 01:21 AM
Falcons have yet to have winning back to back seasons.

:(

bearsfan_51
09-12-2008, 01:32 AM

Wow that is really pathetic....

Cribbs>Hester
09-12-2008, 01:59 AM
I refuse to believe that having your only competent coach in a decade shipped out only to serve you your ass in the following years Superbowl, followed by seven (going on eight) years of laughably bad football, including possibly the worst offensive performance in NFL history in 2006 is worse than consistent mediocrity.

Other teams may be bad, but other teams at least aspire to work like the teams that are good. Oakland seems to aspire to win their own way, which results in horrendous performance year after year. No team is nearly as dysfunctional.

I never said your team wasn't bad. I'm saying that at least you guys have been able to enjoy some success. The three most torchered franchises in the NFL are easily Arizona, Detroit and Cleveland. Cleveland at least gave us some hope in the 80's so the most pathetic would be a coin flip between Detroit and Arizona. Oakland will never touch those three in the hopeless category.

WMD
09-12-2008, 03:02 AM
Al Davis is going to sell the Raiders, and buy the Lions.

NIN1984
09-12-2008, 09:47 AM
5 losing seasons in a row which is about to be 6 and Al still thinks he is a genius.

CT Bronco Fan
09-12-2008, 09:53 AM
I fully support Keeping Al Davis running the Raiders for at least the next 20 years.

09-12-2008, 10:00 AM

Amen to that PMD. Amen.

BeerBaron
09-12-2008, 10:23 AM
I fully support Keeping Al Davis running the Raiders for at least the next 20 years.

Will only help if something is done with Shanahan over that same time span for you to get anything out of it, lol. Maybe this year...but the last few it seems like he was outthinking himself.

BeerBaron
09-12-2008, 03:21 PM
shanny at his worst > al at his best.

besides, if dan reeves couldn't even keep elway out of the super bowl, what chance does shanny have with cutler? and reeves was substantially less competent.

well...all I know is that since he replaced Plummer with Cutler, things have only gone bad in Denver. Cutler looks like the real deal and it's always more fun when the Broncos are relevant, so i'm hoping that trend gets bucked.

Kurve
09-13-2008, 03:33 AM
we all know how fast a team can change from the worst to praised almost over night.... i remember a team last year losing couple games in the first 2 weeks and had the coach called out to be fired and quarterback being a failure and ended up winning the superbowl. Im not saying raiders going to win the superbowl but the nfl is so quick to look for drama and front page articles i wouldnt fully assess a teams year after week 1. The raiders do have enough talent to win games in this league so people just need to wait and see what happens. One thing that will get Al, Lane, and Ryan on good terms is only one thing winning

but that last game was ugly and upsetting for me lol.

brat316
09-13-2008, 04:14 AM
Al Davis ahahha, Lane gets fired so who will be Davis next *****? If Ryan were to take the job would he have the balls to say "Hey Davis **** Off"

Also who would want to take a job with the Raiders as in coaching, unless it says something in the contract about Al not interfering.

Gay Ork Wang
09-13-2008, 04:52 AM
why would anyone try to take a job at the raiders? I mean u get money, but id rather get alil less money than deal with that

Brodeur
09-13-2008, 07:55 AM
You see you think you can rid of Al Davis when he dies. However, it's in his will that he is to be cryogenically frozen and thirty years after his death when he is awaken, he is to be immediately directed to a time traveling DeLorean, where he will then travel back to the day after he died to avoid a breaking of the space-time continuum. By that time, there will be cures to old age so he should be able to survive until his frozen self needs to wake up again.

CrackerJack465
09-13-2008, 08:53 AM
WHAT ABOUT US GIANT FANS? WE NEVER WIN!

oh wait a minute...
I prob couldn't be a raider fan, I would get a little closer to a heart attack with every snap.

Menardo75
09-13-2008, 01:49 PM

Its ok bro im here for ya lol :(

RaiderNation
09-13-2008, 03:03 PM
5 way we can turn things around....

1 Al Davis dies
2 Russell and McFadden live up to their potenial
3 Get a new defensive cordinator
4 Draft a LT
5 Stop signing old/unproven F/A to 55million contracts

LonghornsLegend
09-13-2008, 03:30 PM

1 Al Davis dies
4 Draft a LT

#1 and #5 coincide with each other, if #1 doesn't happen #5 will never happen.

Donno
09-13-2008, 03:33 PM
You see you think you can rid of Al Davis when he dies. However, it's in his will that he is to be cryogenically frozen and thirty years after his death when he is awaken, he is to be immediately directed to a time traveling DeLorean, where he will then travel back to the day after he died to avoid a breaking of the space-time continuum. By that time, there will be cures to old age so he should be able to survive until his frozen self needs to wake up again.

Hopefully the guy who freezes him is a Raiders fan

Menardo75
09-13-2008, 04:33 PM

1 Al Davis dies
4 Draft a LT

Sounds like a winning formula to me

RaiderNation
09-13-2008, 05:02 PM
#1 and #5 coincide with each other, if #1 doesn't happen #5 will never happen.

Happened a few years ago when we drafted Gallery. Yes, Gallery didnt turn out to what he should have been but we still tried it.

Menardo75
09-13-2008, 05:54 PM
Happened a few years ago when we drafted Gallery. Yes, Gallery didnt turn out to what he should have been but we still tried it.

Atleast he is still starting at one of the positions.

BeerBaron
09-13-2008, 05:55 PM
Atleast he is still starting at one of the positions.

well....he's a very very tall G and I'm not sure his huge frame works so well with that ZBS they're trying to start up there....

I'm surprised he couldn't cut it at least as a run blocking RT.

LonghornsLegend
09-13-2008, 06:09 PM
well....he's a very very tall G and I'm not sure his huge frame works so well with that ZBS they're trying to start up there....

I'm surprised he couldn't cut it at least as a run blocking RT.

I don't know why but I think it has more to do with Oakland ruining players development with no stability, constant changing schemes...I mean are they really just drafting bust every year?

In the past 10 years the only thing they have to show for in the 1st round is Aso and a kicker(and you can argue if Janikowski was really worth the 17th overall pick smh)...Huff started every game last year with no INT's, sacks, or fumble recoveries, Gallery has been moved to guard, Fabian Washington is gone, Tyler Brayton kneed Jeremy Stevens in the groin but I'm not sure what else note worthy he has done, Buchanon, Napoleon Harris, Derrick Gibson I believe are all gone.

Point is their track record of developing 1st rd picks is terrible no matter how high they have been picking, I would like to think at least a few of those guys would of had a much better start to their career with other teams, or else they have the worst scouting department in the NFL...Darrel Russel is the last sucessful 1st rd pick I can remember and that was 97.