PDA

View Full Version : Ravens Texans re-scheduled to Monday night.

Ravens1991
09-11-2008, 05:07 PM
Due to the storm. Anita Marks reported it just now on the radio. I am currently looking for a link.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-ravens911,0,942857.story

The Dynasty
09-11-2008, 05:25 PM
Yeah I heard it on Sportscenter at 6 Re-scheduled to Monday Night at 8:30.

SeanTaylorRIP
09-11-2008, 06:40 PM
Is it going to be televised nationally?

Breaker
09-11-2008, 06:43 PM
Is it going to be televised nationally?

I'm glad you asked that question!

HOUSTON TEXANS GAME UPDATE

Due to the importance of allowing the Houston area to focus on its recovery from the expected arrival of Hurricane Ike on Friday, the Houston Texans' home game Sunday against the Baltimore Ravens has been re-scheduled for Monday night September 15 at 7:30 p.m at Reliant Stadium. The game originally was scheduled to be played on Sunday, September 14 at 3:15 p.m. The Texans-Ravens Monday night game will be televised on the local CBS station and on ESPN2.

All tickets to the Ravens game will be honored on Monday night. Please note the following timeline for the game:

Parking lots will open at 3:30 pm (Platinum at 2:30 pm)
Budweiser Plaza will open at 5:30 pm
Stadium gates will open at 6:00 pm

Theres not really a link for this, got it off a poster from TT.com who got it through his e-mail.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53510&page=2

It'll also be on NFL Sunday Ticket. But who's gonna watch us over the Cowboys anyways?

SeanTaylorRIP
09-11-2008, 06:47 PM
ESPN2? and CBS? That doesn't seem right to me, but w/e as long as I get to see the game. I wacko for Flacco.

Breaker
09-11-2008, 06:49 PM
ESPN2? and CBS? That doesn't seem right to me, but w/e as long as I get to see the game. I wacko for Flacco.

Yea, doesn't it have something to do with their contract rules or something? I dunno but we'll know more about it in the next three days.

I was sorta hoping ESPN would have another double-header on Monday, but whatever.

Ravens1991
09-11-2008, 08:22 PM
well I know here in maryland the Ravens game was televised on CBS every week

Breaker
09-12-2008, 03:48 PM
I was listening to ESPN Austin and they said the Ravens and Texans game will be on both CBS local and NFLN. ESPN2, no mos.

Ravens1991
09-12-2008, 03:55 PM
I see, I heard it may be played in ATL if Texans stadium gets flooded.

Breaker
09-12-2008, 04:00 PM
I see, I heard it may be played in ATL if Texans stadium gets flooded.

Yep, the game in Houston is still not set in stones. I think it should be play at a neutral zone as well, Goodell gotta factor in electricity, stadium damages, and crowd. 2 days might not be enough time to have all those in the right place.

How bout Austin, UT stadium? Since most of the Houston folks are evacuating here, would the UT stadium be good enough to have an NFL game? I mean San Antonio got a game and they didn't even have a nfl team, college team, or even an arena team. Atleast Austin have a stadium from a football team.

Brent
09-12-2008, 05:50 PM
How bout Austin, UT stadium?
Terrible idea. They would have to pay the university and then factor in all the logistics involved with parking and traffic, in Austin of all places, and you are asking for chaos.

BmoreBlackByrdz
09-12-2008, 06:08 PM
I still think the game will be effected by Ike.

Breaker
09-12-2008, 11:29 PM
Terrible idea. They would have to pay the university and then factor in all the logistics involved with parking and traffic, in Austin of all places, and you are asking for chaos.

That what I figured. I just wanted to go to the Texans first monday night game without driving all the way down to Houston, kinda threw out all of the reason and reality when I came up with that suggestion.

TitleTown088
09-13-2008, 02:30 PM
I don't think so... http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80ac4273&template=without-video&confirm=true

Ravens1991
09-13-2008, 03:12 PM
I have heard ATL was the back up plan, I believe the Ravens are still in Baltimore so we will see whats up, I hope we can get a game this week.

Breaker
09-13-2008, 03:26 PM
I don't think so... http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80ac4273&template=without-video&confirm=true

Goodell does..... http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/09/13/ravens-texans-in-new-orleans/#comments

RAVENS-TEXANS IN NEW ORLEANS?
Posted by Michael David Smith on September 13, 2008, 2:40 p.m. EDT

We’re hearing from league sources that there are discussions going on today about moving this weekend’s Ravens-Texans game to Monday night at the Superdome in New Orleans.

The game was originally scheduled for Sunday afternoon in Houston but was rescheduled for Monday night because of Hurricane Ike. But after Ike damaged Reliant Stadium, the league is now scrambling to find a new venue for it.

The Superdome, of course, is home to the Saints, who were forced to play their whole 2005 season away from home as a result of Hurricane Katrina. The Saints play at Washington tomorrow. The Superdome’s event calendar says the stadium is hosting a Tulane football game today and another Tulane game on Thursday, but nothing Sunday through Wednesday.

The Houston Chronicle reports that if the damage to Reliant Stadium is so severe that the team can’t return later in the stadium, they could play their games at Rice Stadium on the campus of Rice University.

Looks like they still want to try to play the game(both the league and the teams). I'm not sure about this though.

Menardo75
09-13-2008, 04:34 PM
That sucks man hope they find a place to play.