PDA

View Full Version : Bucs shopping Jeff Garcia?

Bruce
09-11-2008, 10:43 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/09/11/bucs-shopping-garcia/

Dr. Gonzo
09-11-2008, 10:46 PM
I think he would be brilliant on the Vikings but I just don't see us trading for him until after Tarvaris gets another few weeks to prove himself. I could see the Chicago for sure as a place he might end up.

Bruce
09-11-2008, 11:08 PM
I think he would be brilliant on the Vikings but I just don't see us trading for him until after Tarvaris gets another few weeks to prove himself. I could see the Chicago for sure as a place he might end up.Said things are so bad between he and Gruden they might just cut him.

awfullyquiet
09-11-2008, 11:38 PM
I think he would be brilliant on the Vikings but I just don't see us trading for him until after Tarvaris gets another few weeks to prove himself. I could see the Chicago for sure as a place he might end up.

I'll give the Bucco's a 7th and a bunch of italian sausage.

Caddy
09-11-2008, 11:43 PM
Gruden and his QB's...

Bruce
09-11-2008, 11:50 PM
Gruden and his QB's...All 87 of them.

GB12
09-11-2008, 11:55 PM
I know they said they weren't looking for a QB, but Patriots anyone?

Bruce
09-11-2008, 11:58 PM
I know they said they weren't looking for a QB, but Patriots anyone?How Culpepper isn't already there is mind boggling

Yatta!
09-12-2008, 06:17 AM
Seems like an odd move by the Bucs. Without Garcia, I can't see them making the playoffs. Any contender team without a QB like the Pats or Vikes should be willing to offer something.

eaglesalltheway
09-12-2008, 06:45 AM
Seems like an odd move by the Bucs. Without Garcia, I can't see them making the playoffs. Any contender team without a QB like the Pats or Vikes should be willing to offer something.

Agreed on all counts except the Pats won't trade for any QB. they signed Gutierrez from the PS and Cassel will start the rest of the year. Perhaps it isn't what they should do, but Bellichek is trying to prove that he can coah a successfule team with any personnel.

Smooth Criminal
09-12-2008, 07:55 AM
I can't see any team giving up much for him. What is he 38?

MetSox17
09-12-2008, 08:02 AM
How Culpepper isn't already there is mind boggling

How is it mind boggling? He retired because no one wanted to give him a shot at starting, not because no one offered a job. He's not gonna sniff the field if he were to go to New England (barring injury to Cassel), so unless he changes his mind, i doubt he goes there.

I don't think the Patriots are going after anyone, like i said, unless there's injury to one of their backups or to Cassel himself. They would have already signed someone if they wanted to.

First team i thought about when i heard the Garcia ordeal was Minnesota. Did Garcia ever get to play with Childress in Philly? Anyway, if he could get in there, learn the system, he could do for the Vikings what he did for the Eagles two years ago.

Bruce
09-12-2008, 08:24 AM
How is it mind boggling? He retired because no one wanted to give him a shot at starting, not because no one offered a job. He's not gonna sniff the field if he were to go to New England (barring injury to Cassel), so unless he changes his mind, i doubt he goes there.

I don't think the Patriots are going after anyone, like i said, unless there's injury to one of their backups or to Cassel himself. They would have already signed someone if they wanted to.

First team i thought about when i heard the Garcia ordeal was Minnesota. Did Garcia ever get to play with Childress in Philly? Anyway, if he could get in there, learn the system, he could do for the Vikings what he did for the Eagles two years ago.On second thought your right. Reuniting Dante and Randy is a horrible idea.

iloxygenil
09-12-2008, 08:30 AM

T jack has had PLENTY of time to prove himself, and he has...he's not an NFL QB.

MetSox17
09-12-2008, 08:31 AM
On second thought your right. Reuniting Dante and Randy is a horrible idea.

My right?

If you think it's as simple as that, you have no business even bringing it up.

Smooth Criminal
09-12-2008, 08:35 AM
On second thought your right. Reuniting Dante and Randy is a horrible idea.

Its probably not a good one. Culpepper isn't the Qb he once was and he knows nothing about the system.

If he signed, he would be Cassel's backup all season. He retired cause no one gave him a starting job. Hes not being offered one here either.

Bruce
09-12-2008, 08:35 AM
My right?

If you think it's as simple as that, you have no business even bringing it up.
I'm agreeing with you.

Its probably not a good one. Culpepper isn't the Qb he once was and he knows nothing about the system.

If he signed, he would be Cassel's backup all season. He retired cause no one gave him a starting job. Hes not being offered one here either.Was there really a system in Minny? "Hike! *looks for Moss* *throws to Moss* *TD Moss!"

I know it's more complicated than that but you get the idea.

CJSchneider
09-12-2008, 08:36 AM
T jack has had PLENTY of time to prove himself, and he has...he's not an NFL QB.

If we use Alex Smith is a yard-stick as for how much time a Qb gets, I'd give Jackson another year to prove he's the man for the job.

Smooth Criminal
09-12-2008, 08:36 AM

We all know that. But the team invested some picks in him and they're gonna give him a longer shot than we will.

Trading for garcia would likey be a one year stop gap and would hurt the development (if there is any) of Jackson.

MetSox17
09-12-2008, 08:41 AM
If we use Alex Smith is a yard-stick as for how much time a Qb gets, I'd give Jackson another year to prove he's the man for the job.

Alex Smith - First overall pick in the draft.

Tarvaris Jackson - Not first overall pick in the draft.

The 9ers had to die with Alex Smith, which is why he got a lot more time than average. The Vikes have neither money or a high draft pick invested in Jackson, so i think he'll have a shorter leash, when compared to Smith.

CJSchneider
09-12-2008, 08:51 AM
Alex Smith - First overall pick in the draft.

Tarvaris Jackson - Not first overall pick in the draft.
The 9ers had to die with Alex Smith, which is why he got a lot more time than average. The Vikes have neither money or a high draft pick invested in Jackson, so i think he'll have a shorter leash, when compared to Smith.

You make a good point.

Bruce
09-12-2008, 08:51 AM
If we use Alex Smith is a yard-stick as for how much time a Qb gets, I'd give Jackson another year to prove he's the man for the job.If you're the new and or franchise QB of a struggling franchise he deserves 3 years for the team to get adequate talent around him.

Bruce
09-12-2008, 09:09 AM
"It's Brian Griese's job to lose"-Adam Schefter

Wow, can't believe that. They did also say that last year they sat Garcia against ATL that would have given him 70% of the snaps and a million dollar bonus and he didn't get it.

MetSox17
09-12-2008, 01:20 PM
You make a good point.

Lol, i thought you might find a little humor in it, but you know what i mean.

Smooth Criminal
09-12-2008, 01:50 PM
They picked Jackson in the 2nd round if I remember.

Its to early to give up on him. He has looked good at times and he has a ton of potential.

Garcia wont help the team immediately anyways. It'll take him a couple of weeks to get into the system, which is built for Jackson.

Menardo75
09-12-2008, 02:34 PM
Yeah give Jackson a little more time and see what happens. He should have enough talent around him to do well.

Matthew Jones
09-12-2008, 02:42 PM

First team i thought about when i heard the Garcia ordeal was Minnesota. Did Garcia ever get to play with Childress in Philly? Anyway, if he could get in there, learn the system, he could do for the Vikings what he did for the Eagles two years ago.

Quality post, +rep. Culpepper wouldn't be super useful to New England, although I would like to see him there. I doubt it happens. I would like Garcia if Cassel struggles for a while.

Modano
09-12-2008, 02:42 PM
I'll give the Bucco's a 7th and a bunch of italian sausage.

You realize that a bunch of italian sausage is worth a 2nd rounder, don't you?

Chucky
09-12-2008, 03:18 PM
If a on WCO tries to trade for Garcia, then they are making a big mistake. The only system Garcia could possibly succeed in is the WCO

Dr. Gonzo
09-12-2008, 03:20 PM
If a on WCO tries to trade for Garcia, then they are making a big mistake. The only system Garcia could possibly succeed in is the WCO

Quality post.....

Chucky
09-12-2008, 03:22 PM
Quality post.....

All the talk about him going to a non WCO team is just stupid. That is the point I was trying to make

Dr. Gonzo
09-12-2008, 03:23 PM
All the talk about him going to a non WCO team is just stupid. That is the point I was trying to make

I had to piece together your fractured and unreadable sentence to make that out.

eaglesalltheway
09-12-2008, 03:29 PM
I had to piece together your fractured and unreadable sentence to make that out.

i had to stumble through it as well, but I got it.

Chucky
09-12-2008, 03:31 PM
i had to stumble through it as well, but I got it.

I was on my iPhone, sorry

awfullyquiet
09-12-2008, 04:19 PM
You realize that a bunch of italian sausage is worth a 2nd rounder, don't you?

I do, but we're talking the chicago kind. Not the 'real' kind. That alone is reserved for making the gastrointestinal issues of the second level of hell come to life.

Garcia would NOT go to the vikings. I can assure you, if i remember correctly, Garcia and Childress did not have common ground in Philly (2006 for Garcia 2005 for Childress), besides, Childress plays a highly bastardized version of the WCO that makes me sick.

CC.SD
09-12-2008, 05:40 PM
This situation is ridiculous. When was the last time a starting QB was traded midseason?

Menardo75
09-13-2008, 01:57 AM
This situation is ridiculous. When was the last time a starting QB was traded midseason?

Does Charlie Frye count? lol

giantsfan
09-13-2008, 01:58 AM
And so begins the continuation of the NFC South's remarkable record of futility as another road block to a falcons division title moves out of the way, I wonder who collapses next New orleans or Carolina?

Bruce Banner
09-13-2008, 03:01 AM
And so begins the continuation of the NFC South's remarkable record of futility as another road block to a falcons division title moves out of the way, I wonder who collapses next New orleans or Carolina?

Mark my words, the Falcons will not win that division.

When they play a top 20 team and fall behind two possessions going into the fourth, the **** will hit the fan.

Matt Ryan will be forced to throw the ball and it won't be pretty.

giantsfan
09-13-2008, 04:06 AM
Mark my words, the Falcons will not win that division.

When they play a top 20 team and fall behind two possessions going into the fourth, the **** will hit the fan.

Matt Ryan will be forced to throw the ball and it won't be pretty.

That's cool, as long as the bucs, panthers and saints lose the division.