PDA

View Full Version : Scott Wright's new 9/12 Mock Draft!

Geo
09-12-2008, 12:57 AM
Scott didn't tell us he was working on a new mock, but here it is already. Check it out from the front page, see who the mock's new cover boy is.

http://www.draftcountdown.com

Discuss.

jayceheathman
09-12-2008, 01:11 AM
I am still hoping for a DE combination of Mario Williams and Michael Johnson! Knowshon Moreno is a great choice too.

Bruce Banner
09-12-2008, 01:15 AM
This is the perk of staying up all night every night.

Geo
09-12-2008, 01:16 AM
- Falcons taking a corner at #5, eh, doesn't jive with their scheme imo. Even if they did, why Davis (concentration issues and all) over Jenkins? Jenkins is prime for a zone scheme, and could even give them a top-notch free safety - which Mayock thinks as well I saw/heard today. The Falcons have been looking for a legit free safety for years.

- Raiders will draft Michael Johnson imo, in that case. They need a premium defensive end to succeed Derrick Burgess. Besides, Davis has a tendency to stock his 4-3 defense with 3-4 talent, and Johnson could be a workout warrior. With their ZBS, they don't need to draft a left tackle that high - now, if Davis finally fires Kiffin and completely cleans house offensively or in general, that could change the equation, but even then Davis went into this season having only signed Kwame Harris to protect Russell's blindside so that might be a sign as to how he values the situation/position. Plus they could trade up into the late first and get someone like Meredith, if they so chose.

- Not a fan of Laurinaitis to Detroit and Moreno to Houston. Both teams drafted guys last year as noted, in Dizon and Slaton respectively. Why throw those picks away on guys who very well could be not worth Top 10 picks? Neither guy is physical enough, in terms of pro potential, to be a Top 10 pick imo. Houston's defense still has some ways to go.

- Bearsfan51's head just exploded. What remains is a ****-faced grin.

- Ravens should just focus on defense in the first round, Ozzie Newsome can get it right on that side of the ball. Especially with Ray Lewis likely gone for a big payday and Bart Scott not worth what he thinks he is, and the age at corner as Scott noted. They have young receivers anyways in Mark Clayton and Demetrius Williams.

- At least the Colts are picking a reasonable DT in this mock, although I still don't see them taking a DT in the first round. Too much of a bust factor for them. Honestly, what's the difference between Jerry in the first and say Vance Walker in the 2nd? Not enough to take Jerry in the first, I say.

Bruce Banner
09-12-2008, 01:17 AM
- Bearsfan51's head just exploded.

As did mine and I'm not even a Bears fan.

Does Scott really consider him first round (hell first day) talent? Or is he just assuming the teams will get caught up in the hype?

bearsfan_51
09-12-2008, 01:24 AM
As did mine and I'm not even a Bears fan.

Does Scott really consider him first round (hell first day) talent? Or is he just assuming the teams will get caught up in the hype?
Oh no my friend, I love Tim Tebow. Like Bill Clinton loves the ladies, like the desert loves the rain. Anyone that doesn't think Tebow will go in the first day has a sereve anti-Tebow bias. You can make your own personal evaluation of him, but somebody will take him in the 1st round, likely in the top 10.

bearsfan_51
09-12-2008, 01:24 AM
I'm curious where the draft order came from. Seems kinda....odd.

Bruce Banner
09-12-2008, 01:26 AM
If I lay out a few thoughts on him, can you give me your opinion?

bearsfan_51
09-12-2008, 01:27 AM
Well it's 1:30, so it might wait till tomorrow, but sure. I don't claim to be objective towards Tebow though. My argument is more in terms that someone will draft him early, as they almost always seem to do.

Bruce Banner
09-12-2008, 01:28 AM
Well it's 1:30, so it might wait till tomorrow, but sure. I don't claim to be objective towards Tebow though. My argument is more in terms that someone will draft him early, as they almost always seem to do.

Yeah, I will wait too.

CJSchneider
09-12-2008, 01:35 AM
I really would like to see SF address the offense in the 1st round, not that Johnson isn't a "beast". I like the N.O pick with Aaron Curry.

thebow305
09-12-2008, 01:51 AM
Maualuga is great pick for the Phins, but Michael Johnson, Vontae Davis, or Malcolm Jenkins would fill much bigger needs.

Still, LOVE the new look of the mock this year!

d34ng3l021
09-12-2008, 01:55 AM
I am still iffy about the Vontae Davis pick for the Falcons. I like him as a prospect, but I doubt we take a guy with concentration issues over a guy who has proven himself year in year out. If we are talking CB for the Falcons, I would rather have Malcolm Jenkins on this team. He would be amazing in our scheme and is less likely to bust than Davis. Both have been outstanding this season though and honestly, I would not mind either one.

Bruce Banner
09-12-2008, 02:09 AM
Some thoughts and questions on Crabtree to the Bucs.

1. By choosing him the Bucs (Gruden) are admitting Clayton was/is a mistake/failure.
2. Any receiver would be the ultimate need pick but I don't have enough knowledge on this year's class to determine where Crabtree would fall in the BPA category going into the 15th pick.
3. How would you rate his route running? Great timed speed isn't needed in a WCO but precise route running is crucial. (as is YAC)
4. That in mind, couldn't Gruden get the best of both world's by taking DHB? Big guy with 4.3 speed! (His route running is an unknown to me)
5. Don't second guess Gruden going with the best OT available, Jason Smith in this case. 4 of the starters on the line are players that were drafted under his regime or brought in through Free Agency within the last 3 years. A LT would be the final piece of the puzzle.
6. Another full time starter DE is feasible. Besides Gaines Adams and Jovan Haye, the Buccaneers have no other defensive linemen that can play every down. Hovan, Carter, and Peterson are all rotation players at best and we know that a front 4 push is the key to the Tampa 2.

Caddy
09-12-2008, 02:37 AM
Crabtree to the Buccaneers is a pretty good pick. If he puts up the numbers he did last season again this year then it'll be tough to keep him out of the first round.

comahan
09-12-2008, 02:54 AM
The Texans suck because of our pass coverage. Pass rush or SOMEONE who can cover a receiver would be infinitely more welcome than a RB.

eaglesalltheway
09-12-2008, 06:32 AM
I would say I am iffy on Mays. He has all the physical tools, no one can argue that, but he hasn't put it together like he can. For now I say that could be a good pick, if he does put it together, I would love the pick. but right now I would say i am indifferent, as he hasn't shown much, but could very well do so. Jamon Merideth is one of the top OTs that I need to watch more. I', going off of what other people have told me, but Merideth is the prototypical LT prospect. Very good in pass protection and could improve in run blocking I may be remembering someone else, but wasn't he a TE at one point? Fropm what I've heard about him, I like the pick, getting a future LT in the end of the first, that is a good deal IMO.

Scott, could you at least put the Eagles in front of the Cowboys next time?:cool: haha

trekindude
09-12-2008, 06:36 AM
I would really hope that the Bengals would take Moreno over Wells. I know Beanie coming from Ohio has some weight but Moreno is just a better runner between the tackles in my opinion which is what we really lack. We currently have 3 3rd down backs on the Depth Chart and no real inside runner. Kenny Watson is okay, but you gotta remember he was a 3rd down back for 3 years and hasn't got much practice between the tackles.

rockio42
09-12-2008, 08:28 AM
am I the only one that thinks Michael Johnson is a better 4-3 end than 3-4 OLB

rockio42
09-12-2008, 08:32 AM
Some thoughts and questions on Crabtree to the Bucs.

1. By choosing him the Bucs (Gruden) are admitting Clayton was/is a mistake/failure.
2. Any receiver would be the ultimate need pick but I don't have enough knowledge on this year's class to determine where Crabtree would fall in the BPA category going into the 15th pick.
3. How would you rate his route running? Great timed speed isn't needed in a WCO but precise route running is crucial. (as is YAC)
4. That in mind, couldn't Gruden get the best of both world's by taking DHB? Big guy with 4.3 speed! (His route running is an unknown to me)
5. Don't second guess Gruden going with the best OT available, Jason Smith in this case. 4 of the starters on the line are players that were drafted under his regime or brought in through Free Agency within the last 3 years. A LT would be the final piece of the puzzle.
6. Another full time starter DE is feasible. Besides Gaines Adams and Jovan Haye, the Buccaneers have no other defensive linemen that can play every down. Hovan, Carter, and Peterson are all rotation players at best and we know that a front 4 push is the key to the Tampa 2.

Michael Clayton wasn't a huge mistake, he had a huge rookie year and then injuries took their toll and he wasn't able to stay in amazing shape, hes starting to look better this year...and how come no one ever takes about Greg White, he had 8 sacks, I understand he might not be an every down guy but how do you not even mention him within the rotation guys

Caddy
09-12-2008, 08:44 AM
Michael Clayton wasn't a huge mistake, he had a huge rookie year and then injuries took their toll and he wasn't able to stay in amazing shape, hes starting to look better this year...and how come no one ever takes about Greg White, he had 8 sacks, I understand he might not be an every down guy but how do you not even mention him within the rotation guys

Clayton has been terrible since his rookie year and unless he shows something this season he is as good as gone in Tampa.

rockio42
09-12-2008, 09:43 AM
Clayton has been terrible since his rookie year and unless he shows something this season he is as good as gone in Tampa.

I'm just saying there is a reason why he has been so terrible, I jumped on that bandwagon after that draft and have unfortunetly followed his entire career on how and why he has dropped off so much

Matthew Jones
09-12-2008, 09:46 AM
Scott, just so you know, the link on your front page leads to a 404 error.

Bearsfan123
09-12-2008, 10:11 AM
I dont like Tebow, but as you have said, "he is one of the hardest players to peg". But what irks me is that the guy you have going in the next pick would probably be better for us regardless. Andre Smith could play RG(LG we traded for Buenning, and we have Beekman) from day 1 than slide out to tackle when Tait leaves.

Shane P. Hallam
09-12-2008, 10:16 AM
Tebow's ceiling is so high though, man. He's worth a shot.

As for the Steelers, Mack was an interesting pick with all the other linemen off the board. I'd be happy as long as they DO address the O-Line.

Race for the Heisman
09-12-2008, 10:49 AM
I like the first three picks. I think Maualuga is a little high at fourth overall. I suppose Davis makes sense for the Falcons in terms of value but I think they have more pressing needs. Assuming they stay put, good pick. Michael Johnson is a guy I haven't seen enough of to say 3-4 OLB or 4-3 DE, so I will withhold judgement. Laurinaitis is both too high and the pick doesn't make sense. Sims is at WLB and it is too early to give up on Dizon, unless they move Dizon to SLB. Wells through Moore looks good. Unless everyone is in love with Tebow come draft time (highly unlikely) and teams are climbing over one another to move up for him, twelve is too high. If the Bears traded back, maybe, otherwise someone like Andre Smith or Michael Crabtree would be better fits. Through 16 looks good, although I have some lingering doubts over Maclin. Actually, every pick through 24 looks good until you hit C.J. Spiller. If they (Seahawks) turn over a new leaf with Mora Jr. as the head coach someone like Spiller is not who I want to be linked with as a head coach. I think he has a huge bust factor and the 'boom' is not on the same level as a guy like Reggie Bush. I like the rest except Harvin. I feel the Cowboys would be better off with a pure receiver like Robiskie.

And that is totally jumbled. Meh.

Edit: Oh, forgot about Steve Slaton. I still think Moreno is good enough you don't pass unless Slaton lights the world on fire.

Geo
09-12-2008, 11:11 AM
Scott, just so you know, the link on your front page leads to a 404 error.
That happens to me all the time, try it again and it should work the second time.

vidae
09-12-2008, 11:22 AM
Still Stafford to KC, still a great pick.

Geo
09-12-2008, 11:37 AM
(I'm spoiling my mock a bit, but what the heck.)

Stafford has looked good at Georgia, but first overall pick? No thanks. Carl Peterson and Herm Edwards can't afford another terrible season, so why would they draft a quarterback for the next regime anyways? Build up the team so a lesser-known QB, with less risk at stake for the team, can get the job done. Or a vet for the time being.

If the Chiefs are picking first, their only legit options are quarterback or defensive end.

I'd rather take my chances with drafting Michael Johnson of Georgia Tech, add him to my defensive line of Glenn Dorsey and Tamba Hali, than take Stafford.

PS. Who the hell asked Scott if Stafford is the best QB prospect since Palmer? Are you kidding me, Eli Manning anyone? Sheesh.

princefielder28
09-12-2008, 11:38 AM
I like the Packers selection; Clifton proved he's still got it on Monday but you never know when the end is near

Smooth Criminal
09-12-2008, 12:24 PM
I like the Steelers pick. Alex Mack looks like he is going to be a dominant center, which the Steelers need. Hartwig looks solid. But hes only here as a stopgap for this season and next.

OT is also a huge need. I'd love to add Ciron Black to the mix.

Xiomera
09-12-2008, 12:26 PM
Perfect pick for the Lions. Just what I had hope for.

d34ng3l021
09-12-2008, 01:21 PM
(I'm spoiling my mock a bit, but what the heck.)

Stafford has looked good at Georgia, but first overall pick? No thanks. Carl Peterson and Herm Edwards can't afford another terrible season, so why would they draft a quarterback for the next regime anyways? Build up the team so a lesser-known QB, with less risk at stake for the team, can get the job done. Or a vet for the time being.

If the Chiefs are picking first, their only legit options are quarterback or defensive end.

I'd rather take my chances with drafting Michael Johnson of Georgia Tech, add him to my defensive line of Glenn Dorsey and Tamba Hali, than take Stafford.

PS. Who the hell asked Scott if Stafford is the best QB prospect since Palmer? Are you kidding me, Eli Manning anyone? Sheesh.

I dont think Stafford warrants these number 1 selections by what he has done. He warrants them by what he will do. He looks poised for a breakout year and a lot of us are expecting great performances from him against top notch teams (I dont think he will do it on a consistent basis). If he can do that, then he is solidified for a top 5 pick. He possesses all the skills that can shoot up a guys draft stock (big arm, mobility, tough conference).

If he does not have that breakout year though, I would hope for him to stay til his senior year, though he might warrant himself a first-second round selection.

All the tools are there. He just needs to start to dominate college football.

T-RICH49
09-12-2008, 01:24 PM
maybe I'm a homer but I doubt KC ends up with the 1st overall pick.Top 5? possibly but bot first overall.good pick though

Scotty D
09-12-2008, 01:36 PM
I'd take Chris Wells, Malcom Jenkins, Andre Smith, George Selvie over James L for the Lions.

Dizon was extremely productive in limited playing time and will be rotated in even more this weekend.

Young Legend
09-12-2008, 03:28 PM
Oher and raiders is Music to my ears

BeerBaron
09-12-2008, 03:43 PM
Tebow....Tebow......hmmm........

If we're picking at 12, sure why not, as long as he proved himself worthy of that this year.

I personally think the bears D and ST will keep them floating around the middle of the pack at least, so that may keep the top QB's out of our reach. So after QB, I'd be looking at potential RT's or OG's in the 2nd half of the first round. Hopefully Chris Williams comes back healthy soon and plays well, but we could still really use a LG or RT to continue making the o-line younger (and hopefully better.)

D-Unit
09-12-2008, 03:52 PM
Dallas picking 32. If all else is wrong at least you know you got that right. ;)

neko4
09-12-2008, 04:00 PM
Like the packers pick

SuperKevin
09-12-2008, 04:05 PM
I wont argue Pettigrew. We really need a playmaking TE in Buffalo and Pettigrew is more balanced than the other guys out there. I can only hope that if there was a second round that Buffalo would take Marcus Freeman. Angelo Crowell probably won't be around much longer and we could replace him or Kawika Mitchell with a talented player like Freeman.

CC.SD
09-12-2008, 06:03 PM
Duke Robinson would be sweet. With Mike Goff's contract up after this year, he'd be a great gift for LT. That said, Chargers at 23? No love, Scott?

Babylon
09-12-2008, 06:06 PM
Oh no my friend, I love Tim Tebow. Like Bill Clinton loves the ladies, like the desert loves the rain. Anyone that doesn't think Tebow will go in the first day has a sereve anti-Tebow bias. You can make your own personal evaluation of him, but somebody will take him in the 1st round, likely in the top 10.

Gotta agree with that statement. At the least he's Vince Young with a brain.

scottyboy
09-12-2008, 06:17 PM
Lovin' the Giants pick. He'd be a fun toy for Spags(assuming spags stays that is) and fits in nicely for us. Alot of Giants fans thinkg LB isn't a pressing need, but I do. I want some good talent and stability instead of signing a Kawika Mitchell or Danny Clark every year.

I just don't get the eagles hype. at all.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
09-12-2008, 06:35 PM
I dont like Tebow, but as you have said, "he is one of the hardest players to peg". But what irks me is that the guy you have going in the next pick would probably be better for us regardless. Andre Smith could play RG(LG we traded for Buenning, and we have Beekman) from day 1 than slide out to tackle when Tait leaves.

Beekman is absolutely awful. He gets absolutely no push in the run game and is just bad in general. I will be surprised if he holds onto his starting spot this year to be honest and that is on a watered down roster. His future beyond this year should be very dim.

As for the draft - I would have liked Andre Smith a lot better as well.

Andre would come in as a rookie start at LG and when Tait's gas tank is empty could slide over to the right side like you said -- I think Andre could play the left side as well. He seems to be a bit under rated on these boards just from the little I have read around here.

It is a tossup between Oher/Monroe/Smith as the top OT in this draft in my opinion. I would rank them Oher, Smith, Monroe.

'09

LT - Chris Williams
LG - Andre Smith
C - Olin Kreutz
RG - Roberto Garza
RT - John Tait

That is an excellent OL in my opinion.

'10

LT - Chris Williams
LG - (Hopefully another young lineman..)
C - Olin Kreutz
RG - Roberto Garza
RT - Andre Smith

Not to mention if Williams flops Smith could be move to the left side.

Smith just makes a lot of sense in my opinion.

Cigaro
09-12-2008, 06:41 PM
As a South Carolina fan, still trying to see what Scott sees in Jamon Meredith that was powerful enough to make him a first round draft pick. He has had trouble with top, speed ends in the past, and likely won't play tackle for us this year, rather guard.

ATLDirtyBirds
09-12-2008, 06:58 PM
If Atlanta were to pick top 5, I'd hate to draft a corner. And the Bucs getting my favorite prospect would make me very mad as well.

d34ng3l021
09-12-2008, 07:58 PM
If Atlanta were to pick top 5, I'd hate to draft a corner. And the Bucs getting my favorite prospect would make me very mad as well.

I dont see who else we could draft.

ATLDirtyBirds
09-12-2008, 08:02 PM
I dont see who else we could draft.

TE, WR, FS, DT, OLB.

P-L
09-12-2008, 08:14 PM
If the Lions draft Pile-Jumper I might honestly give up on watching professional football.

CashmoneyDrew
09-12-2008, 08:41 PM
TE, WR, FS, DT, OLB.

You usually don't take those positions in the top 5. Plus, the other positions you mentioned are questionable value for the top 5 this year in terms of talent, at least at this point.

ATLDirtyBirds
09-12-2008, 08:52 PM
You usually don't take those positions in the top 5. Plus, the other positions you mentioned are questionable value for the top 5 this year in terms of talent, at least at this point.

Crabtree will be there come next year. Probably right about OLB and TE though. I don't think we will be picking top 5 anyway, so the point is moot.

For aguments sake if we did, you usually don't take CBs in the top 5 and pay him big money a year after trading a top corner for a 2nd rounder because you didn't want to pay him or whatever.

Geo
09-12-2008, 09:01 PM
If the Lions draft Pile-Jumper I might honestly give up on watching professional football.
I like Laurinaitis, but I don't buy him as a Top 10 pick either. Patrick Willis didn't go Top 10, and was a much better middle linebacker. Heck, I'm wondering about Demeco Ryans in comparison, sure Laurinaitis is much more high-profile, but how much better is he as a prospect if he even is better? David Harris fell ten picks or so deep into the second round, he was a very solid prospect with 3-4 ILB potential - looks to be a great player for the Jets.

Middle Linebackers usually don't go very high, they fall some. Although maybe Laurinaitis might be better served moving to weakside linebacker in some defensive schemes, to allow him to move around more and be blocked less, assuming he doesn't continue to let himself play tentative at times.

I could see Laurinaitis to the Colts with their first round pick, even though they normally don't draft linebackers in the first. That's closer to where he should go, and they of any team in the league are probably the most willing to overlook his particular deficiencies.

Geo
09-12-2008, 09:07 PM
Crabtree to the Falcons isn't completely out of the question imo. The franchise has invested 60 to 70M in Matt Ryan, they could easily decide to make good on their investment. They already signed Michael Turner in free agency, Crabtree and Roddy White could play outside with Harry Douglas in the slot. Ryan is far from an idiot, he can handle a full-fledged offense with multiple reads. Assuming in this that Sam Baker proves he is the left tackle of the future for the franchise.

The Falcons not only play in a dome, but their three division rivals are teams in the South, so a potent Falcons offense can thrive throughout a season. And definitely sell season tickets for Arthur Blank.

ATLDirtyBirds
09-12-2008, 09:13 PM
Crabtree to the Falcons isn't completely out of the question imo. The franchise has invested 60 to 70M in Matt Ryan, they could easily decide to make good on their investment. They already signed Michael Turner in free agency, Crabtree and Roddy White could play outside with Harry Douglas in the slot. Ryan is far from an idiot, he can handle a full-fledged offense with multiple reads. Assuming in this that Sam Baker proves he is the left tackle of the future for the franchise.

The Falcons not only play in a dome, but their three division rivals are teams in the South, so a potent Falcons offense can thrive throughout a season. And definitely sell season tickets for Arthur Blank.

Yes sir. Baker's looked good, and I'm assuming (hoping/wishing) he keeps it up so that LT isn't a need. At that point, adding more weapons for Ryan is gravy. Ryan doesn't have the huge arm, so two guys who are more YAC types in Crabtree and White would be great.

d34ng3l021
09-12-2008, 09:30 PM

If we do end up top 5 (which I hope we dont) and Baker has the LT position locked up, Crabtree would be an awesome pick. Both him and Roddy are great YAC guys and Ryan spreads the ball so well. We would be so dangerous offensively.

BuckDawg23
09-13-2008, 10:22 AM
Love the Selvie to Browns pick, give us a stud 3-4 LB be it inside or outside or a playmaking Safety like Mays and Im happy.

STARHEATHER
09-13-2008, 10:36 AM
who was the last inside lb taken in the top 5

abaddon41_80
09-13-2008, 10:55 PM
I really don't want the 49ers to draft Johnson. I know they need a pass rush and that he great size and speed but I would like to see more production

BrabbitMcRabbit
09-14-2008, 10:46 PM
Crabtree @ 15 = lol

SuperKevin
09-14-2008, 10:55 PM
Crabtree @ 15 = lol

Really it's not that hard for him to drop to the middle of round one. He's been very productive but it could easily be the system. He has good size but there are rumors of him being a 4.55 guy.

BigBanger
09-14-2008, 11:17 PM
Another overrated workout warrior for the 49ers? We wasted enough first round picks on them in 2006.

I like Michael Johnson, but not in the first round, and surly not to SF. I had similar feelings about Lawson. It was expected he would have no pass rush ability at the next level. At least Johnson has that ability to pressure the QB, so he's a better prospect in that regard, but that would be another wasted pick.

Darrius Haywerd-Bey. He fits a huge need and is the best route runner in the draft. We'll be picking in the 10-15 range so it would be great value. Thank God he's in an offense that handcuffs his abilities. Someone will get the best WR in the draft with great value. I hope the 49ers are in position to grab him. If not, then a safety like Kam Chancellor or Taylor Mays would be a nice addition, but thats just me.

BrabbitMcRabbit
09-15-2008, 11:21 AM
Really it's not that hard for him to drop to the middle of round one. He's been very productive but it could easily be the system. He has good size but there are rumors of him being a 4.55 guy.

He's not any slower than Braylon Edwards or Larry Fitzgerald.

He'll be a top 5 pick. He's the best skill position player in NCAA.

TimD
09-15-2008, 12:02 PM
I like the Jets pick, but we have so many options in the first round. I mean it wouldn't be a surprise for us to take any number of positions.

RB: Thomas Jones has looked better this year but age is still a concern. We've yet to use Leon Washington correctly consistently.

WR: Again Coles looked good last week, Jerricho is going to have another big year, Chansi Stuckey looks like a good find, but we still lack that number 1 guy after Coles. If we could get a num 1 receiver, him, Cotchery, Stuckey, Keller, and Clowney would be a pretty dangerous receiving core.

DE: Scott's reasoning in his mock sums up why this is a need.

CB: Lowry needs to prove he can play the #2 spot and Miller and Coleman need to play well for us not to address CB early.

FS: I think this may be our biggest need. Smith and Elam are great inside the box, but can't cover. Barrett has exceeded expectations, and may the switch from CB to FS pretty well but he lacks size to be a force on the run. If we could grab Mays or Chung, that'd be so clutch.

Paranoidmoonduck
09-15-2008, 08:00 PM
He's not any slower than Braylon Edwards or Larry Fitzgerald.

But he's not nearly as vertically explosive as either of them.

Iamcanadian
09-15-2008, 08:49 PM

If your still watching the Lions play after 7 years of Millen drafting then anybody the Lion's draft should come as no surprise.

BrabbitMcRabbit
09-16-2008, 01:32 AM
But he's not nearly as vertically explosive as either of them.

He's a better open field runner than both of them by a wide margin.

All the guy has done is dominate and people act like he's Michael Clayton.

The only thing his game lacks is top flight speed, which is hardly a necessary ingredient for a great pro WR. Kid is going to be very good and is a lock for the top 5-6 picks.

Iamcanadian
09-16-2008, 07:59 AM
He's a better open field runner than both of them by a wide margin.

All the guy has done is dominate and people act like he's Michael Clayton.

The only thing his game lacks is top flight speed, which is hardly a necessary ingredient for a great pro WR. Kid is going to be very good and is a lock for the top 5-6 picks.

He isn't a lock even for the 1st round. Coming from that system, he is going to have to prove to pro scouts in the post season away from the Texas Tech system that he has what it takes to be a very solid pro WR. Until the post season is complete, his ranking will be unknown and he could finish anywhere.
I'm not saying he cannot finish as a top 5 prospect but he certainly doesn't have that ranking just yet.

BrabbitMcRabbit
09-16-2008, 11:18 AM
He isn't a lock even for the 1st round. Coming from that system, he is going to have to prove to pro scouts in the post season away from the Texas Tech system that he has what it takes to be a very solid pro WR. Until the post season is complete, his ranking will be unknown and he could finish anywhere.
I'm not saying he cannot finish as a top 5 prospect but he certainly doesn't have that ranking just yet.

We'll just have to wait and see. I think you guys are off the mark by a wide margin.

DreadedDatSkinsFan
09-24-2008, 07:38 PM
No matter how much I try to...I cant force myself to like Taylor Mays man...I just dont see the hype other that his numbers....W/ that said....I think he will fit in perfectly w/ MY SKINS...lol...Extremely hypocritical...I know...but if we are gonna go DB...Then Mays would be a better fit for us....especially w/ Blatche playing all of this man to man lately....Now if Vonte Davis were to fall to us.....JACKPOT....But u know DC aint the place for hometown dudes to play in man....too much trouble to get into out here...

Sniper
09-24-2008, 11:43 PM

Yay! Someone else sees Laurinaitis for what he actually is!

Sniper
09-24-2008, 11:45 PM
If your still watching the Lions play after 7 years of Millen drafting then anybody the Lion's draft should come as no surprise.

Man, you love putting apostrophes where they're not needed.

Michael Johnson: 8 tackles, 2.5 TFL, 1.5 sacks in 3 games. Pretty damn underwhelming for all the hype this kid gets.

JT Jag
09-24-2008, 11:59 PM
Scott: I honestly believe you're wrong here. Linebacker is the strongest and deepest position on the entire team.

I'd personally prefer if we drafted offensive line twice in our first three picks. We've got absolutely nonexistant depth and Khalif Barnes' contract is expiring.

Xonraider
09-25-2008, 06:21 PM
I think Oakland goes with a receiver. Believe it or not, Mario Henderson has done an epic job so far