PDA

View Full Version : Replacement For A.D.

Yung Flippa
03-01-2007, 09:03 PM
What Do You Think About Joey Porter?
He Got Released Today By The Steelers
I Know That He Will Be Asking For A High Price
But He Can Bring A Lot To The Team
He Is The Same Age As A.D. Though (30)

The Line-Up Would Be:
OLB-Joey Porter
ILB- Ray Lewis
ILB- Bart Scott
OLB- Terrell Suggs

Thats Another All-Pro LineBacker Core Right There

Ravens1991
03-01-2007, 09:07 PM
No Way for Joey Porter

YouNeverKnow
03-01-2007, 09:51 PM
I think it would be the first time ERU has ever given the middle finger to a Ravens player during introductions.

BigDawg819
03-01-2007, 10:39 PM
For even suggesting that we sign Porter you should be flogged at halftime at mid-field on the home opener! Why would we bring in a cheap shot artist ass clown that took out Heap for most of 2005? Why would we bring in a jackass that has been on the decline for the last few years? If the Ravens sign that idiot I foretell of riots in the street, I damn sure know I'd be one of the rioters!

Troj2man
03-01-2007, 11:55 PM
For even suggesting that we sign Porter you should be flogged at halftime at mid-field on the home opener! Why would we bring in a cheap shot artist ass clown that took out Heap for most of 2005? Why would we bring in a jackass that has been on the decline for the last few years? If the Ravens sign that idiot I foretell of riots in the street, I damn sure know I'd be one of the rioters!

To be fair, Heap was hurt the play before Porter pushed him to the ground. Still it was a cheapshot and didn't need to happen. That guy is just scum! His play has been declining like you said, and yet his mouth keeps getting bigger and bigger. Hopefully the Ravens stay away from this clown.

I still remember the time Porter and Plaxico wanted to fight Ray Lewis as he was getting on the bus to leave the Steelers stadium. I think it was at 3 sewers, I mean rivers stadium. Porter is just a classless jerk.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-02-2007, 05:01 AM
If we sign Joey Porter, Im going to shoot him in the ass! OK not really but Ill be extremely disappointed in our front office.

BigDawg819
03-02-2007, 08:14 AM
If we sign Joey Porter, Im going to shoot him in the ass! OK not really but Ill be extremely disappointed in our front office.

Ok we got 2 for rioting in the streets! :D

ccB
03-02-2007, 08:29 AM
Ray Lewis would knife him in the lockeroom.

Bohleive
03-02-2007, 10:32 AM
Joey Porter's being an @sshole aside, the guy is just plain bad. He's worthless. I never thought he was good in his prime and he's past it. I considered him a beneficiary of the system, getting most of his sacks unblocked or against RB's, and being a one trick pony on top of that.
That may be debatable, but what is not is that he's certainly past his prime now. Last season he was just pathetic, running his mouth and then getting owned by any OT who got a hand on him. Think about it, the steelers have a ton of cap space, passrush trouble and they still cut him. Why would we, a team with a great passrush and very little cap space then go out and sign him.

SeanTaylorRIP
03-02-2007, 09:32 PM
Dangit Adalius, signing with the Patriots way to stab the team in the back, why couldn't he just sign with the 49ers.

ChefMike
03-02-2007, 09:45 PM
Joey Porter's being an @sshole aside, the guy is just plain bad. He's worthless. I never thought he was good in his prime and he's past it. I considered him a beneficiary of the system, getting most of his sacks unblocked or against RB's, and being a one trick pony on top of that.
That may be debatable, but what is not is that he's certainly past his prime now. Last season he was just pathetic, running his mouth and then getting owned by any OT who got a hand on him. Think about it, the steelers have a ton of cap space, passrush trouble and they still cut him. Why would we, a team with a great passrush and very little cap space then go out and sign him.

Ok that is quite harsh... first of all you can't get a sack on a RB its just a tackle...but that aside.. Porter is a good Linebacker and we just lost 11 sacks off of our Team... AD was a good pash rusher but Porter was a one trick pony on a Team that didnt have anyone else to perform that trick...I wouldnt say he is passed his prime by any stretch. He is the same age as AD and he is one season removed from his career high in Sacks.. and he is addition by subtraction... we are taking the 2nd best defender from our division rival and adding him to the Best Defense in the league

The only concession we should require is his commitment to working as a Team and taking a backseat and be a AD type personality not going to be the big show in town !

EdReedUnstoppable
03-02-2007, 11:38 PM
Well when the Patriots come here and beat our ass next year Im sure Adalius will rub it in our faces on our field.

Bohleive
03-03-2007, 12:35 AM
Ok that is quite harsh... first of all you can't get a sack on a RB its just a tackle...but that aside.. Porter is a good Linebacker and we just lost 11 sacks off of our Team... AD was a good pash rusher but Porter was a one trick pony on a Team that didnt have anyone else to perform that trick...I wouldnt say he is passed his prime by any stretch. He is the same age as AD and he is one season removed from his career high in Sacks.. and he is addition by subtraction... we are taking the 2nd best defender from our division rival and adding him to the Best Defense in the league

The only concession we should require is his commitment to working as a Team and taking a backseat and be a AD type personality not going to be the big show in town !

I meant he got sacks taking on a RB as a blocker, and yes we lost 11 sacks this season but when did AD ever surpass 8 sacks without Suggs, Pryce and Scott occuying blockers?

ChefMike
03-03-2007, 02:53 AM
Yes those 4 give anyone the ability to improve their pass rushing stats... but you have to respect that Porter whom we are looking at as a possible replacement...

The Legend
03-03-2007, 10:12 AM
i may shock some people when i say this but Gray Stills

also Rod Woodson agrees with me

ccB
03-03-2007, 10:16 AM
Jarrett Johnson is going to replace AD at starter. You know this is kind of similar to the Peter Boulware situation. Peter left and AD moved into the starting role and look what happened... Could JJ be the next Raven LB to make it to a Pro Bowl?

I wouldnt mind seeing Gary Stills get more time on Defense. I mean AD started out as a ST stud so maybe Stillls can make the same transition.

BigDawg819
03-03-2007, 10:28 AM
Jarrett Johnson is just warming the seat for Dan Cody. Besides with the scheme that Rex Ryan devises he maximizes the players talent. Him staying as DC and Coach getting his extension were priorities and were taken care of. The defense is not a worry for us and like CCB said how AD took over for Peter, now the tradition keeps going...

niel89
03-03-2007, 09:52 PM
Dangit Adalius, signing with the Patriots way to stab the team in the back, why couldn't he just sign with the 49ers.

if i were him i would have gone to NE also. good money and a shot at a ring

Ravens1991
03-03-2007, 10:39 PM
Jarrett Johnson is just warming the seat for Dan Cody. Besides with the scheme that Rex Ryan devises he maximizes the players talent. Him staying as DC and Coach getting his extension were priorities and were taken care of. The defense is not a worry for us and like CCB said how AD took over for Peter, now the tradition keeps going...

A 3 year 13 million dollar deal is more then just warming a seat IMO, I guess the front office sees something in JJ, he has the intensity of Ray and the versatility of AD just not the athletic ability of either.

BigDawg819
03-04-2007, 10:07 AM
A 3 year 13 million dollar deal is more then just warming a seat IMO, I guess the front office sees something in JJ, he has the intensity of Ray and the versatility of AD just not the athletic ability of either.

Don't get too rapped up in the specs of Jarrett's contract numbers, the market is exploding with overpriced contracts for mid-tier players. The Ravens had to overpay to keep him here because who knows who much he was being offered from other teams. Plain and simple this was a move used to stop the bleeding as it were. I'm still sure that the Ravens have a plan for this offseason and will stick too it and it will benefit the organization. But I still say they need to address the situation in the media to alleviate some fears in the fan base.

Ravens1991
03-04-2007, 10:45 AM
Good idea, I think JJ can be a good starter but not at the level of Adalius.

America
03-04-2007, 11:02 AM
Yeah, I hope JJ plays up to his contract, but I want Cody to get a lot of PT. And I still would love to have us draft a premier DE/OLB.

BigDawg819
03-04-2007, 11:08 AM
Define level of Adalius if you would? I mean it seems as though everyone is acting as though we lost the heart and soul of our defense, and I loved AD and his contributions but I would think by now that everyone would realize that the system is greater then the individual player. I mean think about it for a moment, we lose a Rod Woodson and he's eventually replaced by a Ed Reed, we lose a Duane Starks and he's replaced by a Gary Baxter and then Rolle, we switch to a 3-4 scheme and Ed Hartwell emerges and then leaves but is replaced by a Bart Scott, we lose a great like Peter Boulware to injuries and retirement but in steps in AD. No one individual defines our defense and truthfully I wouldn't want it that way. Besides in the end we need Jarrett to play his game and make tackles and fill the gaps while supporting the run. Plus remember that he was a hell of a player while at Alabama, and if I recall correctly he was the defensive captain on that team for 3 years an accomplishment no one else has held at Alabama.

SeanTaylorRIP
03-04-2007, 11:10 AM
We loose Goose and Sam Adams and our run defense isn't the same until Ngata comes along.

Ravens1991
03-04-2007, 11:37 AM
Ngata is a beast.

bennybee38
03-04-2007, 12:10 PM
I really do think that if we draft Brian Robinson..he could be the new Adalius