PDA

View Full Version : TBB Close Game Of The Week ***New England Patriots at New York Jets*** Week 2

TheBuffaloBills
09-12-2008, 05:42 PM
For each week, I will pick a close game to discuss. This week will be the New England Patriots at New York Jets. The line right now has the Jets favorites by 1.5 points. This game could give a little taste of how the AFC will shape out to be.

Who Do Ya Got?

giantsfan
09-12-2008, 05:44 PM
Pats, even without brady i trust the cassel lead pats more than the jets.

Dr. Gonzo
09-12-2008, 05:45 PM
I have the Pats winning outright. I am thinking about betting the Vikings and the Pats this weekend.

WinslowEdwards19
09-12-2008, 05:50 PM
That is ridiculous, the Jets are favored? The Pats will roll in this one, and hopefully destroy Brett Favre.

Gay Ork Wang
09-12-2008, 05:59 PM
Ill pick the jets

MetSox17
09-12-2008, 08:19 PM
I'm taking the Jets as well. Revis and Rhodes can slow down Moss, and unless Belicheat changes his game plan (to run A LOT more) they might not put enough points with High School boy at QB.

Im_a_Romosexual
09-12-2008, 09:41 PM
Pats big by at least 10

Smooth Criminal
09-12-2008, 11:01 PM
I like the Jets. They aheva built a great Oline and have a solid run game. Favre looks like hes ready to play. Defense has some great talents.

Huge game both teams. If your the Jets you better be able to beat them without Brady. If your the Pats, a loss could cause the entire team to lose confidence.

Jvig43
09-12-2008, 11:35 PM
guess which team i picked. I can see it going either way, regardless im eager to just see what the team will look like now.

GB12
09-12-2008, 11:42 PM
For each week, I will pick a close game to discuss.
God I hope not.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
09-13-2008, 12:06 AM
For everyone doubting Cassell, I think we all need to remember that Belicheck and the Pats have had him for a while now. There's been nothing from the surface to stop them from just cutting him, or bringing in someone new now. And let's also remember Billy B has forgotten more about football since breakfast than this entire forum minus Toon and Scott has ever known. He won't be Tom Brady II but IMO he will be okay.

Menardo75
09-13-2008, 01:50 AM
Yeah I have the patriots Brady or not. They will still be a good team with Cassell.

Bucs_Rule
09-13-2008, 04:31 PM
I have Pats in a close game.

awfullyquiet
09-13-2008, 05:11 PM
For everyone doubting Cassell, I think we all need to remember that Belicheck and the Pats have had him for a while now. There's been nothing from the surface to stop them from just cutting him, or bringing in someone new now. And let's also remember Billy B has forgotten more about football since breakfast than this entire forum minus Toon and Scott has ever known. He won't be Tom Brady II but IMO he will be okay.

But moreso than everyone doubting Cassell, i think that, everyone's doubting Favre.

The patriots are known for their passing attack. Take out a major part of it, and you have an issue. I don't care what you say, if Cassell plays at 60% of the ability of brady, Maroney isn't great enough to carry the team. The jets will test Cassell day and night, and with their young corners. It might be a gamble too.

bearsfan_51
09-13-2008, 05:14 PM
Pats by double digits.

yourfavestoner
09-13-2008, 05:21 PM

Toon, yes. However, I believe that there's a good handful of posters on here that know more about football than Scott.

RaiderNation
09-13-2008, 05:44 PM
Patriots 24
Jets 14

Moss is going to torch the Jets secondary. I see a big game for him with 9 rec and 140 yards and 2 tds. Cassell will be decent with 14 for 22 with 2 tds and 230 yards

Sveen
09-14-2008, 08:17 AM
The Pats win by 4.

TheBuffaloBills
09-14-2008, 08:22 PM
Well folks, the Patriots get the last laugh as they cruise by the Jets, 19-10. Ironically, the poll was in favor of the Patriots winning by 11 votes. That does it for this weeks edition of TBB Close Game Of The Week. Thank you for the numerous responses in this thread. This has been the hottest thread of the week. With that in mind, I will put up the next TBB Close Game Of The Week on tuesday. The teams involved, well that is a surprise. Thank you and Goodnight!

Who Do Ya Got?

bearsfan_51
09-14-2008, 08:24 PM
You picked a ****** game, your thread making responsibilities should be rescinded.

Also, you don't know what irony is.

TheBuffaloBills
09-14-2008, 08:31 PM
You picked a ****** game, your thread making responsibilities should be rescinded.

Also, you don't know what irony is.

You're entitled to your opinion, but if you dont like the game I selected then dont have to participate in TBB Close Game Of The Week. Thanks

TimD
09-14-2008, 08:33 PM
The front 3 for NE did amazing on the DLine. They had our offensive line being pushed back all the time. Also some bad play calling. 3 runs in a row on first and gl at the 5? Really? is that smart against NE?

TheBuffaloBills
09-14-2008, 08:35 PM
The front 3 for NE did amazing on the DLine. They had our offensive line being pushed back all the time. Also some bad play calling. 3 runs in a row on first and gl at the 5? Really? is that smart against NE?

Yeah, I agree with the Jets having terrible play calling. Thomas Jones just got stuffed when it was (blank) and goal. 2nd down they should have done a QB roll out.

GB12
09-14-2008, 08:46 PM
Well folks, the Patriots get the last laugh as they cruise by the Jets, 19-10. Ironically, the poll was in favor of the Patriots winning by 11 votes.
How the **** is that ironic?

TheBuffaloBills
09-14-2008, 09:06 PM
How the **** is that ironic?

Its Ironic because the poll matched up with the actual game.

yourfavestoner
09-14-2008, 09:10 PM

Yeah....you don't know what irony is.

yung hit
09-14-2008, 09:12 PM

Irony: an outcome of events contrary to what was, or might have been, expected.

drowe
09-15-2008, 08:55 AM

that's the OPPOSITE of ironic.

a closer example of irony would be you BRAGGING about how this was the "hottest thread of the week" when most of the posts were bashing you or your stupid thread.

try sharing needles. i hear it's fun.

Brent
09-15-2008, 09:51 AM
Wow, I love when people think that the colloquial use of Irony is the real meaning. By the way, it's ironic when you say something that means exactly the opposite of what was written or said. Or, as the dictionary says, "the use of words expressing something other than their literal intention."