PDA

View Full Version : George Selvie

holt_bruce81
09-13-2008, 12:58 AM
Proofed tonight that he is the best Defensive End in the country. Top 5 pick for sure in next years draft.

The dude is insane.

PACKmanN
09-13-2008, 01:04 AM
Proofed tonight that he is the best Defensive End in the country. Top 5 pick for sure in next years draft.

The dude is insane.

sorry, but who the hell is on KU o-line that is worth a mention? they all fail as a unit.

Bruce Banner
09-13-2008, 03:14 AM
Proofed

http://images.blackheartgoldpants.com/images/admin/Fif.jpg

jnew76
09-13-2008, 04:50 AM
I have got to say that I was impressed with his quickness off the ball. Looked like Dwight Freeney coming off the edge.

Might have been a combination of his talent and the ineptitude of the KU O-Line, but I believe it was more of Selvie's speed and athleticism than KU's lack of blocking.

niel89
09-13-2008, 05:09 AM
he was drawing quite a few double teams as well

Brent
09-13-2008, 07:43 AM
Proofed
What? Really?

Tampa 2 4 life
09-13-2008, 08:12 AM
Top 5? No.

Top Half of the First round with an outside shot of top 10? Yes

He's just so good at forcing QBs to step up even when he's getting double teamed, it's unreal.

Forenci
09-13-2008, 08:32 AM
Top 5? No.

Top Half of the First round with an outside shot of top 10? Yes

He's just so good at forcing QBs to step up even when he's getting double teamed, it's unreal.

I say no, only to annoy you though. Darius Butler will go ahead of him!

He is indeed beastly, though.

BamaFalcon59
09-13-2008, 08:54 AM
He just ran right past the offensive tackle every time he knew pass was coming. It was sick. Although that tackle is a freshman, his speed still looked unreal.

BuddyCHRIST
09-13-2008, 09:24 AM
He looks impressive, his effort really stood out to me because he had been double teamed this whole year and he is still flying each snap and doing other things like breaking up passes (I know Reesing is short, but he was jumping and would have blocked anybody's passes)

rabbisson
09-13-2008, 09:44 AM
He has great burst, but I'm not sold on his moves. In the NFL, you can't just have speed. The only DE who just has speed is Dwight Freeney, and he runs a 4.3 40. Selvie has to develop some kind of swim move or some other finesse play to improve his pass rush.

Then, I'll put him in Round 1.

abaddon41_80
09-13-2008, 10:36 AM
he was drawing quite a few double teams as well

I don't think there were 5 plays when he wasn't double-teamed.

STARHEATHER
09-13-2008, 11:04 AM
as long as the other team isnt concerned about running the ball. hes not a complete end or 3-4 lb at this point. you certainly cant argue about his pass rush ability. hes pretty quick off the corner and gets in the backfield a lot. im interested to see him in wek 12 or the bowl game after the long physical toll of the season. he fall off the face of the earth in the second half of the season. no doubt an intriguing guy. i see him as a quality 3-4 olb provided he can do all the stuff. hes a little soft and small fior a` 3-4 end at this juncture. i have him as a rd 2 value until he proves he can play olb

STARHEATHER
09-13-2008, 11:04 AM
soft for a 4-3 end

holt_bruce81
09-13-2008, 03:51 PM
http://images.blackheartgoldpants.com/images/admin/Fif.jpg

Ha wow, I can't believe I wrote that lol my bad.

scottyboy
09-13-2008, 04:15 PM
he's good, but got shut down last year by Zuttah/Sosa and totally bitched like Ray Rice, but then again, who hasn't?

djp
09-13-2008, 04:25 PM
I think that he'll be picked around 20-24 right now without combine numbers. If he runs in the 4.4-4.5 range, he'll be in the top 10. But I think he'll be around a 4.7 or 4.8.

Race for the Heisman
09-13-2008, 05:02 PM
I think that he'll be picked around 20-24 right now without combine numbers. If he runs in the 4.4-4.5 range, he'll be in the top 10. But I think he'll be around a 4.7 or 4.8.

No way. He's low 4.6 at worst (assuming he comes in at high 240/low 250). Plus his three cone should be amazing.

Tampa 2 4 life
09-13-2008, 05:04 PM

His HS Coach wanted him at WR but he insisted at Center, so he must have SOME speed.

iloxygenil
09-13-2008, 05:08 PM

The dude is insane.

Proofed?

1 game does not a top 5 pick make. Ability yes, lock, not a chance.

adamprez2003
09-13-2008, 05:19 PM
I have got to say that I was impressed with his quickness off the ball. Looked like Dwight Freeney coming off the edge.

Might have been a combination of his talent and the ineptitude of the KU O-Line, but I believe it was more of Selvie's speed and athleticism than KU's lack of blocking. thats who Selvie reminds me of. Freeney, although i think there are tons of 3-4 teams salivating to get him. He plays a bit limited by just rushing the passer and is susceptible to misdirection but you just cant teach that kind of burst. Double digit sack artist in the NFL

Tampa 2 4 life
09-13-2008, 06:00 PM
thats who Selvie reminds me of. Freeney, although i think there are tons of 3-4 teams salivating to get him. He plays a bit limited by just rushing the passer and is susceptible to misdirection but you just cant teach that kind of burst. Double digit sack artist in the NFL

Better against the run than Freeney.

djp
09-13-2008, 06:06 PM
Better against the run than Freeney.

So you think Selvie will be a better pro than Freeney?

Tampa 2 4 life
09-13-2008, 06:07 PM
So you think Selvie will be a better pro than Freeney?

I didn't say that.

CashmoneyDrew
09-13-2008, 06:22 PM
He reminded me of a young Jevon Kearse.

abaddon41_80
09-13-2008, 08:05 PM
He reminded me of a young Jevon Kearse.

I agree. He reminds me more of Kearse than Freeney

SenorGato
09-13-2008, 08:25 PM
I agree. He reminds me more of Kearse than Freeney

+1 more for me.

Selvie's speed, agility, and explosiveness are sick, and he's got a really long body in general.

I also think he'd be a sick 3-4 OLB, but he's not a first round pick at that position. I guess that really comes down to his interviews...does he want to and is he smart enough to handle the larger role that being a OLB in the 3-4 would ask of him?

As a pure pass rusher, he's second to Greg Hardy for me. He could be the Ware to Hardy's Merriman...hm...

johnstonolb
09-13-2008, 09:12 PM
Selvie has been doing this a few years already. He dominated as a Freshman. He is that good. Pass rushers like that are a huge premium -- definately Top 10 barring injury. I don't think 4.4 or anything but his short times will be impressive

Actually he reminds me of the late Derrick Thomas from the KC Chiefs if anyone remembers. His first 4 steps are like an explosion. But DT is the best example.

Selvie Hardy or Hardy Selvie ----- great prospects.

Jonny
09-13-2008, 09:14 PM
Selvie was not playing a very good Kansas LT. He didn't do anything vs. UCF.

Selvie IMO is a good player, not a great player. He is a first round pick, but I don't see consistent dominance from him, and he doesn't have an elite all-around game.

Tampa 2 4 life
09-13-2008, 09:16 PM
Selvie was not playing a very good Kansas LT. He didn't do anything vs. UCF.

Selvie IMO is a good player, not a great player. He is a first round pick, but I don't see consistent dominance from him, and he doesn't have an elite all-around game.

I watched him hurry the QB while having to deal with a TE in motion, the LT, and occasionally the RB every play. What did you see?

johnstonolb
09-13-2008, 09:19 PM
Selvie had two-three guys on him every stinking play last night. Guy is dominant. Has been since a FROSH!

abaddon41_80
09-13-2008, 10:10 PM
I'm a UCF fan and he was great against us. He was double-teamed almost every play and still was getting some pressure

BamaFalcon59
09-13-2008, 10:19 PM
He actually really reminds me of John Abraham.

BigBanger
09-14-2008, 01:12 AM
I think Selvie is a early/mid second rounder at this point. I don't see him holding up in a base 43, but he'd make a very good weak side backer in a 34.

I've seen both games and focused on him entirely (Seen him dominated by Otah last year, and a few more games here and there), and I didn't come away overly impressed. He was constantly doubled teamed all night long and he was gassed by the 4th QT in both games, where he didn't do much of anything.

He reminds me of Manny Lawson / Quentin Groves. I thought Manny Lawson would play well in space, but I didn't think he would ever put pressure on the QB. I had him as a late second. He had one move: a speed rush. Selvie has a quick inside move to add to that good speed rush, but other than that? He displays no pass rush ability for the next level at this point. He isn't going to over power anyone or anyone. He doesn't have much hand use, but he does play with very good leverage. He's good against the run, but not great.

Has anyone watched him drop into coverage? He's very stiff in the hips, and pretty much useless. I think he's an overrated prospect, but he's very raw and it would do him a lot of good to stay in college for as long as he can. Takes himself out of plays, over runs plays far too often. He makes mistakes that a young defender makes. Needs to learn to stay at home. That turns a guy invisible, but he does his job. At least he's not seen over running a play, then giving up a huge for his error.

Race for the Heisman
09-14-2008, 08:36 AM
I think Selvie is a early/mid second rounder at this point. I don't see him holding up in a base 43, but he'd make a very good weak side backer in a 34.

I've seen both games and focused on him entirely (Seen him dominated by Otah last year, and a few more games here and there), and I didn't come away overly impressed. He was constantly doubled teamed all night long and he was gassed by the 4th QT in both games, where he didn't do much of anything.

He reminds me of Manny Lawson / Quentin Groves. I thought Manny Lawson would play well in space, but I didn't think he would ever put pressure on the QB. I had him as a late second. He had one move: a speed rush. Selvie has a quick inside move to add to that good speed rush, but other than that? He displays no pass rush ability for the next level at this point. He isn't going to over power anyone or anyone. He doesn't have much hand use, but he does play with very good leverage. He's good against the run, but not great.

Has anyone watched him drop into coverage? He's very stiff in the hips, and pretty much useless. I think he's an overrated prospect, but he's very raw and it would do him a lot of good to stay in college for as long as he can. Takes himself out of plays, over runs plays far too often. He makes mistakes that a young defender makes. Needs to learn to stay at home. That turns a guy invisible, but he does his job. At least he's not seen over running a play, then giving up a huge for his error.

Very good summation although I think Groves was more technically developed at the same point.

STARHEATHER
09-15-2008, 11:01 PM
he was invisible for a lot of plays and got beat a lot. have to like when a guy gets to the qb as much as he does though. not a complete player at this point. he looked great at times, not so great at others.

SuperKevin
09-15-2008, 11:12 PM
he was invisible for a lot of plays and got beat a lot. have to like when a guy gets to the qb as much as he does though. not a complete player at this point. he looked great at times, not so great at others.

I usually don't agree with you but this is spot on. The guy overpursues on the pass rush and is easily forced outside of the pocket.

STARHEATHER
09-15-2008, 11:19 PM
dont get me wrong. he flashes nfl pass rush ability. he was in the backfield a lot, but on plays he was victimized and ontrolled a bit too easily for my taste. he played well. he made a big impact. i just dont see that completeness. and im interested to see if he can bring it later in the year. i saw 2 games last year and he was bad selvie getting owned and making no impact. he certainly didnt hurt himself in this passt game

SMoore
09-16-2008, 06:31 AM
I think Selvie is a bit overrated. He has no moves. All I saw in the Kansas game was Selvie running past the LT. Once he faces an athletic tackle he's going to struggle. With that being said he looked so fast an explosive, he has great potential but he needs to learn some moves.