PDA

View Full Version : A few Illinois prospects

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
09-13-2008, 11:55 AM
Well all have heard of Vontae Davis by now, and may of us expect him to be a first rounder. I was wondering about a few other players on the defense, like Martez Wilson and Britt Miller, and wanted to know what other people thought of the as professional players? Do they have the talent and ability?

On the offensive side of the ball I was wondering about Juice Williams and Daniel Dufrene. I think that it couldn't hurt a team to potential take Juice as a late rounder or free agent, because I think there is some good upside if he is given time to work on his QB skills and mechanics. As for Dufrene, I don't know what he is as a pro prospect.

What are your guys thoughts?

CashmoneyDrew
09-13-2008, 12:08 PM
What about Jeff Cumberland? Is he a WR or TE this year? How's he looking early on?

IlliniVikeFan23
09-13-2008, 12:20 PM
Martez Wilson is only a Soph. but when he comes out he's defintely a first round pick IMO. Possibly even top 5-10....He's one of the most athletic LB's in the entire country.

If J Leman didn't get drafted, Britt Miller will not either. He's not very athletic and he's too small.

The jury is still out on Juice. If he stays for his senior year(which is very likely) and makes some more improvements he's got a shot to be a 3-5 round pick as a developmental QB. He's got all the tools you look for.

Dufrene is not a pro prospect....Too small and not very fast.

You forgot to mention Arrelious Benn. He's a first round lock, with the ability to go in the top 10. Reminds me alot of Andre Johnson.

IlliniVikeFan23
09-13-2008, 12:21 PM
What about Jeff Cumberland? Is he a WR or TE this year? How's he looking early on?

He hasn't played yet due to injury. He was slated to be the starting WR opposite of Regus Benn. He's got a shot to be drafted for sure.

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
09-13-2008, 12:34 PM
Cumberland is playing today. Could have a couple of TD catches, but Juice can't seem to hit anyone with his passes so far!

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
09-13-2008, 12:39 PM
I have also heard about Xavier Fulton having a shot to make it at the next level on the offensive line. Is this true?

Also I like what I have seen so far from Corey Liuget! But he still has a good amount of time in Illinois.

bearsfan_51
09-13-2008, 01:19 PM
I really like Xavier Fulton in a ZBS. I think he could be a day 1 pick.

Race for the Heisman
09-13-2008, 03:06 PM
Juice reminds me of McNabb. If he keeps improving as a passer and stays for his senior year I think he could be a first day pick.

Yatta!
09-13-2008, 07:12 PM
What about the DEs Will Davis and Derek Walker? They're getting a lot of praise in some quarters, when do you guys reckon they will come off the board.

Matthew Jones
09-14-2008, 12:29 PM
Benn is the best prospect on the team by far and a lock for the first round. He reminds me of Anquan Boldin. If I was in the 10-15 range when he came out, I would have no problems drafting him.

As far as Juice, I'm just hoping he gets picked in the middle rounds (3-5) so that he actually gets a chance. First or second's gonna make him a bust and sixth or seventh won't get him a shot.

ThePudge
09-15-2008, 04:06 PM
The most intruiging prospect on the team is, of course, Juice Williams. In the Missouri game he was brilliant, showing not first day potential, but Top 10 potential. He showed he can be effective in the pocket, patient, and of course, had a rocket for an arm. Since that point, he seems to have lost focus a bit. Perhaps he's underestimating his competition and not taking the game as seriously as he should be. We'll see. The Penn State game, the Ohio State game, and the Wisconsin game should tell us what we need to know for now. Better off waiting until his senior season to come out though, of course