PDA

View Full Version : Tubby's 2007 mock 2.0 (2 rounds)

Tubby
03-01-2007, 09:07 PM
http://mymockdraft.com/2754/Review.aspx

Wondering where I was all day? Now you know.

I used mostly the team boards for the first round and team needs for the second

JT Jag
03-01-2007, 09:09 PM
Good draft. If Jason Hill drops one more spot, the Jaguars take him in the second.

bored of education
03-01-2007, 09:09 PM
niceeeeeeeee

yodabear
03-01-2007, 09:11 PM
That was suprizingly pretty damn good work. Nice work Tubby. Although I am not a big fan of our second round pick.

Caddy
03-01-2007, 09:20 PM
Another Quinn Pitcock pick which makes no sense. We need a freakin UT not NT

BiggerFoot
03-01-2007, 09:26 PM
I LOVE the saints first pick with Ginn he has so much potential probably right behind Calvin Johnson with the most potential in the draft. And with the release of Horn WR is a position of we will probably adress in the draft. In the 2nd I don't know alot about David Irons, I saw him do some skills challenge and I absolutely love his personality, but we will go with either CB or LB in the 2nd.
Good Mock

Chucky
03-01-2007, 09:28 PM
awful second round for the bucs, just awful

FlutiesDropKick
03-01-2007, 09:33 PM
suprisingly tubby i really like that Jets draft though i think its a little early for McDonald. I'd rather see either a rush backer or offensive skill position guy there for the Jets.

Vikes99ej
03-01-2007, 09:38 PM
Optimal first round pick. When did we trade down to get the 41st pick. I like Moses anyways.

PalmerToCJ
03-01-2007, 10:06 PM
haha I like the first round pick and reasoning.
Round 2 Wright is a good fit but the character concerns means he probably wouldn't be our guy there. Irons might be the better choice.

etk
03-01-2007, 10:10 PM

Quinn Pitcock measured in at the combine at 290 lbs and he ran a 4.9 flat. I believe that's faster than Okoye and more compact size-wise. He projects perfectly to UT and I think he would be a good but not great pick in the 2nd. Since when does everyone think he is a NT, because it makes no sense.

I scanned through the rest of the mock for a bit, and it was pretty good except for one thing that shot at me. The Saints completely don't need another burner that can't run routes or catch short passes (Ginn). They absolutely have to take a CB in the first round, and McCauley is first-round talent after running a 4.39. Don't make the Saints a scapegoat because Ginn slides in your mock.......

Beans
03-01-2007, 10:10 PM

Also Drew Stanton.

Great first, hideous second round.

art vandelay
03-01-2007, 10:16 PM
Okoye is good but there's no way we go DE in the 2nd, especially with one that doesn't fit our scheme. We re-signed Kelsay and Hargrove and have Aaron Schobel.

Overall Grade: C-

RaiderNation
03-01-2007, 10:19 PM
kalil in the 2nd

sdpads24
03-01-2007, 10:25 PM
Pretty good chargers draft in those circumstances.

Tubby
03-01-2007, 10:43 PM
Buc fans - whats wrong with Stanton?

etk
03-01-2007, 10:50 PM
Buc fans - whats wrong with Stanton?

Literally everything. We just don't need a QB, same as the Seahawks not drafting a DB on day 1. We don't have room on the depth chart for another mediocre young QB when we have Simms, Gradkowski and Rattay. We might be signing Garcia too, so if we drafted Stanton, he would probably not make the team. Great value for a 2nd round pick, right?

Tubby
03-01-2007, 10:54 PM
Literally everything. We just don't need a QB, same as the Seahawks not drafting a DB on day 1. We don't have room on the depth chart for another mediocre young QB when we have Simms, Gradkowski and Rattay. We might be signing Garcia too, so if we drafted Stanton, he would probably not make the team. Great value for a 2nd round pick, right?

You mean a QB once looking at a first round pick with a great combine would not make the team over a bad 6th round pick, another bad QB, a third bad QB, and a mediocre journeyman?

etk
03-01-2007, 10:59 PM
You mean a QB once looking at a first round pick with a great combine would not make the team over a bad 6th round pick, another bad QB, a third bad QB, and a mediocre journeyman?

What? The point is we don't need to add another QB to the mix unless it is a franchise QB, and even in that case we have bigger needs. It just makes absolutely no sense to draft a QB at all for us. Our QB roster is already set for next year.

Do you need a diagram??

4 decent QBs=/=1 good QB

4 decent QBs do not equal 1 good one. Understand?

VoteLynnSwan
03-01-2007, 11:02 PM
Bears 2nd rounder is bad, Davis doesn't do anything for us... we need a big physical receiver to complement Berrian and Bradley. Also, i'd say we should go safety there.

Tubby
03-01-2007, 11:04 PM
What? The point is we don't need to add another QB to the mix unless it is a franchise QB, and even in that case we have bigger needs. It just makes absolutely no sense to draft a QB at all for us. Our QB roster is already set for next year.

Do you need a diagram??

4 decent QBs=/=1 good QB

4 decent QBs do not equal 1 good one. Understand?

I wouldnt call Chris Simms, Bruce Gradkowski, and Tim Rattay "decent". I would rather call them "terrible".

I made the pick because the bucs dont have a short term or long term solution at QB.

GaitherIn08
03-01-2007, 11:17 PM
I think you should give the jets Spencer with the first 2rounder pick and maybe Bush with there second one

T-RICH49
03-01-2007, 11:45 PM
niceeeeeeeee

Agreed Meachem and Davis would make me happy

KCJ58
03-01-2007, 11:50 PM
i love the Rams first round pick hate the 2nd round pick rather see the go after a DT-DE or a Saftey. also if Zach Miller goes to Seattle i will cry:(

GermanSaint
03-01-2007, 11:55 PM
wasted time for the saints. we have henderson , very fast and very inconsistent hands

jackalope
03-02-2007, 07:11 AM
i'd rather have Miller in the second.

roidrunner
03-02-2007, 07:19 AM
i agree or even Rouse for the pack

Finsfan79
03-02-2007, 08:03 AM
DG does want hall but 90% of other dolphins fans dont and even he would tell you Branch over Hall in a heartbeat

Branch, Okoye, Willis would all be better picks there for miami then Hall. There is too much depth for the CB position we can snag one later on and that pick is a bad pick and a reach

In the 2nd that is a poor pick as well. Give us one of the following instead:

Spencer, moses (not huge on him), ugoh, grubbs, even stanton is possible there.

But The draft wasnt a good one for miami at all :( Cameron and Mueller have both stated they want to build from inside outwards.

Branch 1st
grubs/stanton/spencer 2nd

that would be my draft for miami

eaglesalltheway
03-02-2007, 10:35 AM
The Eagles do however, need DE A LOT more than CB, and Charles Johnson would be the pick in your situation. I love the second pick though, he is probably the only guy I would want on offense in the first day for us. We may go S as well in the second.

Eagles own the NFC East
03-02-2007, 10:38 AM
We dont need a damn nickelback 1st round... Lito Sheppard is a pro bowl CB, Sheldon Brown is a above average CB... we just need a nickelback to replace Rod Hood. Maybe a guy like Hughes later or something but no CB 1st round. Leonards a good pick.