PDA

View Full Version : I am done.

General Zod
09-14-2008, 11:04 PM
I am sick and disgusted after watching that game. So I am done for the year.
I'll be back when the Vikings get a new coach and QB(and TE also).

Vikes99ej
09-14-2008, 11:07 PM
I can't say I blame you at all. This is the same exact team as the 2006 and 2007 seasons.

M.O.T.H.
09-14-2008, 11:08 PM
Your fan-card is revoked.

DHVF
09-14-2008, 11:09 PM
You'll be back. Once we start rollin', you'll come crawling back....crawling i say....

T-RICH49
09-14-2008, 11:17 PM
try being a KC fan then come talk to me

DHVF
09-14-2008, 11:18 PM
try being a KC fan then come talk to me
Dude, KC's got nothin on Minnesota.

BRAVEHEART
09-14-2008, 11:20 PM
Dude, KC's got nothin on Minnesota.

And none of those teams have anything on Detroit.

09-14-2008, 11:21 PM
And none of those teams have anything on Detroit.

... or STL lol

DHVF
09-14-2008, 11:27 PM
You all must be kidding me? St. Louis won a super bowl in 99 and the Lions have 4 NFL Championships. The Vikings on the other hand just taunt their fans to no end...seriously, I am fairly sure there is no end to this madness.

djp
09-14-2008, 11:48 PM
Giving up on the team, huh?

We'll run off 4-5 in a row pretty soon and you'll come back.

We had the hardest 2 week opening I can remember. Green Bay at their barn and Indy here?

We'll be fine...

yo123
09-15-2008, 12:35 AM
You all must be kidding me? St. Louis won a super bowl in 99 and the Lions have 4 NFL Championships. The Vikings on the other hand just taunt their fans to no end...seriously, I am fairly sure there is no end to this madness.

NFL Championships don't count. It's all about the Super Bowls, 99% of their fans weren't alive when they won those.

However the 1998 season alone might be enough to make being a Viking fan miserable forever. **** YOU GARY ANDERSON YOU ******* COCKSUCKING PIECE OF WORTHLESS ****.

BTW
I think we split the season series, each team winning at home.

Packers 17
Vikings 14

This would probably mean we start 0-2, prompting everyone to talk about how much we suck and were overrated. So yeah... get ready for that.

I may be psychic.

TitleTown088
09-15-2008, 12:43 AM
We had the hardest 2 week opening I can remember. Green Bay at their barn

Judging by the sentiment of many Viking fans(not solely on here) and players that was a gimme for the vikings. Remember?

Either way, I agree that the season isn't over yet, and quitting on your team when the struggle is a ***** move.

yo123
09-15-2008, 12:43 AM
Judging by the sentiment of many Viking fans(not solely on here) and players that was a gimme for the vikings. Remember?

Either way, I agree that the season isn't over yet, and quitting on your team when the struggle is a ***** move.

Fans dumb enough to think that winning at Lambeau is a gimme don't deserve to be classified as fans anyway.

Geo
09-15-2008, 12:52 AM
The Vikings have the best runningback in the NFL, at least there is that to grasp onto. You can say you watched him amaze.

If you look at LDT's career and the Chargers at the time, they remained poor for his first early years until becoming the talented team they are today. Don't give up hope, the Vikes are only one year away imo. T-Jack can't develop chemistry with Berrian and Rice overnight, and Leslie Frazier still has some kinks to work out plus now has talented safety Tyrell Johnson to incorporate into his scheme (an upgrade imo).

Vikes99ej
09-15-2008, 01:01 AM
I don't see how Tarvaris can improve, unless he can somehow manage to only miss the intended receiver by 2 feet instead of 5 feet.

DHVF
09-15-2008, 01:09 AM
I don't see how Tarvaris can improve, unless he can somehow manage to only miss the intended receiver by 2 feet instead of 5 feet.
Well it probably wouldn't hurt him to be surrounded by coaches who show signs of competency or receivers who possess the ability to catch passes, because those two factors alone will hamper any quarterback's ability to do his job.

Geo
09-15-2008, 01:21 AM
T-Jack isn't like a regular quarterback prospect, coming from such a small school and now developing in a West Coast offense. His development is longer than most, but the final product could be something special. The accuracy is a concern, not just on the deep balls, but then that's always been an issue with Donovan McNabb.

Did Childress rush him in too soon? The argument can be made, as now he has expectations to deal with sooner than he can fulfill them. I'd be guilty of this myself, I clamored for him to get playing time as a rookie given how bad Brad Johnson looked.

diabsoule
09-15-2008, 01:42 AM
T-Jack isn't like a regular quarterback prospect, coming from such a small school and now developing in a West Coast offense. His development is longer than most, but the final product could be something special. The accuracy is a concern, not just on the deep balls, but then that's always been an issue with Donovan McNabb.

Did Childress rush him in too soon? The argument can be made, as now he has expectations to deal with sooner than he can fulfill them. I'd be guilty of this myself, I clamored for him to get playing time as a rookie given how bad Brad Johnson looked.

I think the argument needs to be made on putting your QB in a position to succeed. With Tavaris Jackson coming from such a small school he should have learned at least a year from a talented veteran quarterback, and while Brad Johnson was a veteran, I don't think anyone could have labeled him talented.

General Zod
09-15-2008, 06:17 AM
I may have let my emotion get the best of me when i made the post. So I'll just chill and get ready for next week.

With this coach and QB, we will end up 7-9, if we are lucky.

Being older then most on these boards, Ive been a die hard Vikings fan all my life. Been watching Vikings games for the last 25 years(yeah, longer then most of you have been alive).

So I dont want to hear **** about quitting on my team.

Geo
09-15-2008, 10:28 AM
http://www.mokers.org/blog/images/2007/12/nfl/adrian-peterson.jpg

P-L
09-15-2008, 10:37 AM
You all must be kidding me? St. Louis won a super bowl in 99 and the Lions have 4 NFL Championships.
The last one of which was 30 years before I was born. At least the Vikings have been to a Super Bowl. The Lions have gotten past the first round of the playoffs once in my lifetime, and that was when I was four.

The New Kid
09-15-2008, 10:41 AM

You think thats bad?

Try living in Arizona where they have NEVER hosted a playoff game.

Geo
09-15-2008, 10:46 AM
They did beat the Cowboys at Dallas in the '98 Wild Card though! :D

Always a great fact to bring up to annoying Cowboys fans.

the_legend_killer
09-15-2008, 10:55 AM
Yeah, it does suck, but it's going to get better. It has to......right?

FuzzyGopher
09-15-2008, 02:53 PM
I don't know if this observation should make me happy or sad... Has anyone noticed a drop off in production at left tackle since McKinnie has been suspended? I can't say that I have, run blocking has been about the same and pass protection is about equal as well. Good to know we are paying McKinnie 7-8 million a year when Artis f***** Hicks is just as productive.

Maybe the suspension will light a fire under his ass and he will come back and play at the level that he should. And maybe going against Allen in training camp will help him against speed rushers. I can only hope.....

yo123
09-15-2008, 04:12 PM
I don't know if this observation should make me happy or sad... Has anyone noticed a drop off in production at left tackle since McKinnie has been suspended? I can't say that I have, run blocking has been about the same and pass protection is about equal as well. Good to know we are paying McKinnie 7-8 million a year when Artis f***** Hicks is just as productive.

Maybe the suspension will light a fire under his ass and he will come back and play at the level that he should. And maybe going against Allen in training camp will help him against speed rushers. I can only hope.....

Hell, the pass blocking was better than Mckinnie would have done. Freeney was a non factor other than one play. Mckinnie always gets toasted by speed rushers.

But in the long run Mckinnie is still a much better run blocker.

DHVF
09-15-2008, 05:17 PM
The last one of which was 30 years before I was born. At least the Vikings have been to a Super Bowl. The Lions have gotten past the first round of the playoffs once in my lifetime, and that was when I was four.
Hey still, atleast in the history of your franchise they have won the championship. That's really the only point I was trying to make. The Vikings have teased and teased and teased, only to break our hearts at every available moment.

Kid_Ego
09-26-2008, 10:30 AM
I have never blamed Gary Anderson for missing a kick that the freeaking coach put him on the hashmark to make. but kicking to dwight 3 times was pretty pathetic along with not even attempting to hit one shot in the endzone to carter or moss. 3 robert smith runs. UGH please dont make me think about that game or the one they show on those ridiculous sports illistrated comercials where steve young makes mike vick look like brad johnson as he dices upo the number one defense in the league!!!!!!!!!!

Is there anyone else who believes we should just make a trade for a qb like derek anderson or Seneca wallace? neither would cost us much more then a second round pick and hell we couldnt draft a qb if the entire draft was full of joe montanas we would find a way to draft the one freaking Ryan leif in the entire draft

vikes_28
09-26-2008, 10:52 AM
I was 9 years old when the vikings lost to the falcons. ha. i remember bawling my eyes out because the vikings didnt make the superbowl. and also my dad being the 40 year old man he was at that time cried...

I would be all for trading for another quarterback. But is it really going to happen? lets keep in mind who our coach is...

the vikings have a history of bad drafting. the one good one that we have had lately is adrian peterson.

so yes i fully agree...if there was a draft full of joe montanas we would draft the ryan leif...or how about akili smith? haha.

Kid_Ego
09-26-2008, 11:06 AM
I Watched That Draft And I Remember Dennis Green Actually Preferring Akili Smith Over Culpepper. If We Had Only Taken Javon Kerse And Shaun King Like I Wanted I Think We Would Still Be Miles Ahead. Im Still Not Sure Shaun King Got A Very Good Deal The Guy Took Tampa To The Play Offs Then Got Lost In The Coaching Carosel