PDA

View Full Version : 0-16....

Gay Ork Wang
09-15-2008, 09:23 AM
So looking at those teams this year, we have some horrible, horrible teams.

I cant see the Rams or the Chiefs win more than 1 and 0-16 is quite possible.
U know a team has problems if a team tries a WR at the QB position.

Raiders are lucky to play teh Chiefs twice, i cant see them get more than 4-6 wins this season unless DMac beasts like AD.

Bengals...Well they still have to play the Ravens and the Browns but i also cant see how they can make it any better. 2-4 wins with what they have shown so far

Miami looks better than last year but also is horrible. 2 wins maybe.

The Lions, well they are the lions, they could still win 1-2 games against the bears but i dont have any faith in them after playing only about 5 minutes serious football...

So many horrible horrible teams out now and we havent seen Houston after their big loss and Seahawks with their serious injury problems

MetSox17
09-15-2008, 09:30 AM
I don't think it's going to be as horrible as you're making it out to be. The Bengals and Dolphins have just enough to win 4 or more games, with the Texans 6 or more. The ones that i'd really worry about are the Cheaps, Raiders and Rams.

Kansas City has nothing remotely close to resembling an offfense, and their defense isn't even middle of the road, either. The Rams are pretty pitiful, especially on defense. If they get hot, they might win a shootout or two, but i wouldn't bet on it. The Raiders, well.. They're the Raiders.

bored of education
09-15-2008, 09:32 AM
the Chiefs suck. We will see how bad they suck even more so next week when they play Atlanta.

bigbluedefense
09-15-2008, 09:34 AM
you know how bad you have to be to go 0-16? I don't think we'll see that this year.

Unless the Rams do it. But in their defense, they played the Eagles and Giants in the first 2 weeks of the season.

The Rams do look terrible though. But I can see 2 wins maybe.

P-L
09-15-2008, 10:26 AM
On paper, I think the Lions are an 0-16 team. I think we'll end up pulling off 2 or 3 wins, but we should be the underdog in every one of our remaining games.

HawkeyeFan
09-15-2008, 10:27 AM
Marques Hagans played QB in College his senior year, he's just not tall enough to play in the NFL. So its not that out of context.

Rams....HA! Ugh, wow kill me now.

abaddon41_80
09-15-2008, 10:27 AM
I can see the Chiefs and/or Bengals both going into week 17 at 0-15. The only winnable games I see on the Chiefs schedule are @Atlanta, @Oakland, and Miami and with how bad the Bengals have looked I don't know if they can beat anyone.

eaglesalltheway
09-15-2008, 10:30 AM
The Bengals will win. Their offense will do enough in some games to make up for what they have lacked so far. I see them at around 4-5 wins.

rockio42
09-15-2008, 10:38 AM
if we play like we did in the 4th quarter then we will go 0-16

if we play like we did against the gaints through the first half of the 3rd, then we will win some games

but of course those are some big iffs

Gay Ork Wang
09-15-2008, 10:45 AM
Marques Hagans played QB in College his senior year, he's just not tall enough to play in the NFL. So its not that out of context.

Yea, but thats like letting a guy like Antwan Randle El play QB. its a big issue. Im not saying all those teams I mentioned will go 0-16 or have a chance, more that we have alot of horrible teams that are close to it

eaglesalltheway
09-15-2008, 10:51 AM
Yea, but thats like letting a guy like Antwan Randle El play QB. its a big issue. Im not saying all those teams I mentioned will go 0-16 or have a chance, more that we have alot of horrible teams that are close to it

Which brings up another good point. If we have a lot of temas with very few wins (less than 5) we will also have a simlar number of teams with very few losses (also less than 5). That is just an example. But what I am trying to say is, if there are a lot of teams with very few wins, there will be a lot of competition for playoff spots.

MetSox17
09-15-2008, 12:16 PM
On paper, I think the Lions are an 0-16 team. I think we'll end up pulling off 2 or 3 wins, but we should be the underdog in every one of our remaining games.

I think that's being a little pessimistic. The Lions are no where near as bad as the Rams or the Cheaps are. Detroit showed yesterday that they can battle back, and possibly win a few shootout games. I mean, don't expect the defense to stop anyone, but you have a pretty strong passing attack, that just might net you a few wins. Can't say the same for Kansas City or St. Louis though.

CashmoneyDrew
09-15-2008, 12:18 PM
Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn.

Xiomera
09-15-2008, 12:27 PM
I am praying that the Lions lose all 16 games this year. And don't misunderstand my hopes. It's not that I am no longer a Lions fan and supporter. It's exactly the opposite. I AM a Lions fan, and therefore realize that the only way that Ford, Sr. ever makes the necessary changes (i.e. Fire Millen, clean house again) is if we are unquestionably regressing. We won seven games last year. All the talk of the organization was that we would be even better this year. Fans recognized the hollow nature of that seven win season last year. They finished 1-7 in the last 8 games after all. How could the current regime possibly keep their job after a step backwards of 4-5 wins following a 7 win season? Normal logic, and even the contorted logic the Lions organization operates under could not deny the necessity to blow up the team.

0-16 . . . here we come.

MetSox17
09-15-2008, 12:29 PM
I am praying that the Lions lose all 16 games this year. And don't misunderstand my hopes. It's not that I am no longer a Lions fan and supporter. It's exactly the opposite. I AM a Lions fan, and therefore realize that the only way that Ford, Sr. ever makes the necessary changes (i.e. Fire Millen, clean house again) is if we are unquestionably regressing. We won seven games last year. All the talk of the organization was that we would be even better this year. Fans recognized the hollow nature of that seven win season last year. They finished 1-7 in the last 8 games after all. How could the current regime possibly keep their job after a step backwards of 4-5 wins following a 7 win season? Normal logic, and even the contorted logic the Lions organization operates under could not deny the necessity to blow up the team.

0-16 . . . here we come.

Clean house, draft Stafford and hope for the best.

Xiomera
09-15-2008, 12:33 PM
Clean house, draft Stafford and hope for the best.

God I hope so.

Seriously, the Lions no more than about 6 young players worth building the team around . . . Calvin Johnson, Ernie Sims, Gosder Cherilus for sure, with Roy Williams, Daniel Bullocks, and Drew Stanton as hopefuls for the future.

CJSchneider
09-15-2008, 12:33 PM
OK, someone do some research and find out just how many 0-16 teams there have been?

Xiomera
09-15-2008, 12:34 PM
OK, someone do some research and find out just how many 0-16 teams there have been?

Zero. Tampa Bay was 0-14 as an expansion team. No team has ever lost them all since they went to a 16 game schedule.

The Lions may well make history.

CJSchneider
09-15-2008, 12:37 PM
Nevermind, I did it myself.

from wiki answers

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers went 0-14 in their first season in the NFL (1976). A season was 14 games long in 1976. They are the only team to have gone through an entire season without a victory or a tie. The 1960 Dallas Cowboys went 0-11-1. A season was 12 games long in 1960.

With that being said, I'd say the odds are relatively low that anyone go 0-16.
Horrible teams, definitely.
0-16, i'm not sure.

Geo
09-15-2008, 12:44 PM
The Dolphins should have gone 0-16 last year, really. That win over Baltimore was a gift.

0-16 . . . here we come.
If a team goes 0-16, they will never live that down. Ever.

Turtlepower
09-15-2008, 12:45 PM
I would love for the Lions to go 0-16 to the tune of a 1930s silent cartoon.

MetSox17
09-15-2008, 12:46 PM
God I hope so.

Seriously, the Lions no more than about 6 young players worth building the team around . . . Calvin Johnson, Ernie Sims, Gosder Cherilus for sure, with Roy Williams, Daniel Bullocks, and Drew Stanton as hopefuls for the future.

I do agree with you though, that as bad as it sounds, the Lions are doing themselves a disservice by winning games. Last year they overplayed their talent, even though they did lose 7 of 8 down the stretch. They just need to get back to building through the draft, but that obviously isn't gonna get anywhere so long as Millen is running them.

Xiomera
09-15-2008, 12:50 PM
I do agree with you though, that as bad as it sounds, the Lions are doing themselves a disservice by winning games. Last year they overplayed their talent, even though they did lose 7 of 8 down the stretch. They just need to get back to building through the draft, but that obviously isn't gonna get anywhere so long as Millen is running them.

One day when I have some time on my hands I am gonna compile a ranked list of the worst Millen draft picks. Mike Williams is undoubtedly #1 but the list would be lengthy. I can count all of his good draft picks on my 10 fingers in his 8 years.

CC.SD
09-15-2008, 12:52 PM
No team will go 0-16, if the Dolphins last year couldn't.

Xiomera
09-15-2008, 12:54 PM
No team will go 0-16, if the Dolphins last year couldn't.

The Lions could do it. The Dolphns came close. The only thing they lacked was a 50 year long history of losing.

CC.SD
09-15-2008, 12:56 PM
The Lions could do it. The Dolphns came close. The only thing they lacked was a 50 year long history of losing.

0-16 would be quite the cherry on that **** sundae. But I don't think it'll happen; eventually they'll get the offense fired up against a poor secondary and steal one.

Geo
09-15-2008, 01:01 PM
To be brutally honest: I said that the Lions wouldn't win more than two games this season, but I didn't want to post it here on NFLDC because it was a downer for Lions fan. So that's how I felt looking at the team and at their schedule before the season started.

Still, they won't go 0-16.

Coming back against Green Bay made me do a double take, that showed something. You can't take the first two weeks of the season as truth and gospel, teams are still finding themselves and we'll see how teams are after the first month. Don't completely write off the Lions just yet.

Gay Ork Wang
09-15-2008, 01:09 PM
that comeback was half a gift from the greenbay long snapper

vidae
09-15-2008, 01:10 PM
I think we'll win 2 or 3 games this year.

Our defense is actually pretty good. Yes, our run D is absolute garbage as someone racked up 300 yards on the ground, but our D gets tired, fast. Our offense cannot stay on the field for any length of time which means our defense is out there 40-45 minutes of the game.

Homer aside, our team is bad. We're trying to fix the OL but we need a QB and I'm thinking 2 wins is our ceiling. If that. But I seriously doubt we go 0-16.

If we continue to draft like we have, and if we draft and develop a young (and good, dear god please good) QB, I think we'll turn this around sooner rather than later. But yeah, enough homering out of me.

Xiomera
09-15-2008, 01:18 PM
In actuality, of course I don't expect us to go winless. But 3 wins is the most I see this team winning in all seriousness.

Anybody who predicted the Lions to have a decent season (as in more than 6 wins) expected them to get a few of their wins early on in the season. The game against Atlanta was widely viewed as the "easiest" win on the schedule. Nothing against Atlanta, but relative to the rest of the schedule, that's just the common perception. Green Bay at home? That was one of the more win-able games too. San Francisco next week . . . that was supposed to be a win according to many.

Anyone who envisioned the Lions winning 6-8 games this season most certainly had us pegged as getting off to a fast start (4-0, 3-1) because the schedule gets brutal at about the midway point of the season.

But now that they have failed to win weeks one or two, and have looked completely inept in every respect, one could only reasonably conclude that the Lions winning more than 3 games is totally hopeless.

vidae
09-15-2008, 01:25 PM

What he said. Also, at least we're trying something new. Even if it didn't/doesn't work, something new for our offense is good times for most Chiefs fans!

Menardo75
09-15-2008, 01:52 PM
Yeah idk if you will see it this year. We also said a team would never go undefeated. Guess you never know.

DeathbyStat
09-15-2008, 01:55 PM
I doubt it happens this year but who knows

WMD
09-15-2008, 02:06 PM
Lions remaining schedule:

Week 1: @ Atlanta Falcons (L 34-21)
Week 2: Green Bay Packers (L 48-25)
Week 3: @ San Francisco 49ers
Week 4: **BYE**
Week 5: Chicago Bears
Week 6: @ Minnesota Vikings
Week 7: @ Houston Texans
Week 8: Washington Redskins
Week 9: @ Chicago Bears
Week 10: Jacksonville Jaguars
Week 11: @ Carolina Panthers
Week 12: Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Week 13: Tennessee Titans
Week 14: Minnesota Vikings
Week 15: @ Indianapolis Colts
Week 16: New Orleans Saints
Week 17: @ Green Bay Packers

eaglesalltheway
09-15-2008, 02:10 PM
They have a tough schedule ahead, but they will pull at least three ( maybe as many as 4)of those games out.

farfromforgotten
09-15-2008, 02:21 PM
No team will go 0-16, atleast not this year.

From what I've seen in the first 2 weeks, I wouldnt be suprised if the Bengals end up with the worst record in the NFL this year. Their schedule is brutal. Who do they have coming up next? the Browns? I think that game will tell a lot about those two teams from Ohio this year. I like the Bengals, but I think that there is just too much going on with that orginization for them to put together a successful season or even another 8-8 season. I think that tempers will be short and we could see Carson, CJ, and TJ blow up about things very quickly. CJ might be the only one to do it publicly. Just a feeling I have about Cincinnati this year...

Gay Ork Wang
09-15-2008, 02:42 PM
seriously the Bengals still have the NFC East to play and 3 teams of the AFC South. Steelers wont lose i believe and they lost against the Ravens. The only chances i see them is Ravens at home, Browns at home and maybe the Texans if the Bengals get really really lucky

The Unseen
09-15-2008, 02:52 PM
I think the Jaguars have the potential to be an 8-8 team with their injury issues. Much like 2006 - we'll overpower bad teams and fall short to good ones.

That's an even keel look. I still wouldn't put the Jaguars past a playoff push. Then again, a losing season is also in the threshold of possibility.

familyguy555
09-15-2008, 02:58 PM
Detroit will have a Denver like game this year, where we just clobber them. I hope it doesn't happen so that maybe Ford will see he needs to fire Millen (or himself) and I bet it happens against Houston. But if we dont win that game theres a nice chance we go 0-16 and blow the No 1 pick on a bust.

Addict
09-15-2008, 03:01 PM
I said the Lions would go 6-10 this year and I was being optimistic, at this point, I still think we're not a 0-16 team, but 4 wins would be max IMO, barring obviously Kitna asking his bro Jezus for help.

LonghornsLegend
09-15-2008, 03:09 PM
Rams and Lions suck but they have offensive weapons, skill players that the Dophins lacked last year, and just enough to win at least 2 games, same with the Bengals...Rams will not go 0-16 and they are flat out terrible, now the front runners are the Chiefs more then likely, everything is bad with them but the bright side is they are very young and more then likely get their choice of a QB in the draft.

yo123
09-15-2008, 04:08 PM
I'm so scared to play the Lions, we have a tendency to not show up against bad teams, and a loss in week 14 to the 0-12 Lions would just be awful.

But nobody is going 0-16, there are to many mediocre teams in the league for any one team to lose 16 games in a row.

CashmoneyDrew
09-15-2008, 05:05 PM
Lions will finish 2-14. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

CC.SD
09-15-2008, 05:11 PM
Lions will finish 2-14. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

So do the Lions really pick Stafford number 1? What is the status of the Drew Stanton Project?

Is he worth taking over the best 'tard O-lineman prospect ever??

CashmoneyDrew
09-15-2008, 05:13 PM
So do the Lions really pick Stafford number 1? What is the status of the Drew Stanton Project?

If I was a GM in need of a QB, I'd be praying nightly and daily that Sam Bradford declares for this year's draft. Sam Bradford passing to Calvin Johnson and Roy Williams. That almost wouldn't be fair.

yo123
09-15-2008, 05:15 PM

I can't see the Lions taking Stafford, part because I can't believe they would spend a 2nd round pick on Stanton without even giving him a shot, and part because I think Stafford is way overrated and NFL teams will realize this by the time the draft comes.

MetSox17
09-15-2008, 05:19 PM
I can't see the Lions taking Stafford, part because I can't believe they would spend a 2nd round pick on Stanton without even giving him a show, and part because I think Stafford is way overrated and NFL teams will realize this by the time the draft comes.

I don't think teams are dumb enough to pass on a guy, just because they haven't given another guy a shot, who they invested in prior. Ask the Dolphins.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
09-15-2008, 05:25 PM
Detroit will have a Denver like game this year, where we just clobber them. I hope it doesn't happen so that maybe Ford will see he needs to fire Millen (or himself) and I bet it happens against Houston. But if we dont win that game theres a nice chance we go 0-16 and blow the No 1 pick on a bust.

Michael Crabtree!!

TimD
09-15-2008, 05:25 PM
Well its the Dolphins...

MetSox17
09-15-2008, 05:33 PM
Well its the Dolphins...

And they're the Lions..

bigbluedefense
09-15-2008, 05:34 PM
is yoda ok? we haven't heard from him yet. i hope he didnt pull a Vince Young.

BlindSite
09-15-2008, 05:51 PM
Rams have the biggest chance.

Miami and Kansas City still suck, but they're at least on the path to becoming decent teams.

holt_bruce81
09-15-2008, 06:18 PM
Rams are going 0-16. When you have Dane Looker and Dante Hall as your #2 and #3 receivers something is wrong.

CC.SD
09-15-2008, 06:36 PM
is yoda ok? we haven't heard from him yet. i hope he didnt pull a Vince Young.

ziiiiiiing.

Actually it's a Barret Robbins.

P-L
09-15-2008, 09:26 PM
I think that's being a little pessimistic. The Lions are no where near as bad as the Rams or the Cheaps are. Detroit showed yesterday that they can battle back, and possibly win a few shootout games. I mean, don't expect the defense to stop anyone, but you have a pretty strong passing attack, that just might net you a few wins. Can't say the same for Kansas City or St. Louis though.
Look at the schedule and tell me which game we should be favored to win. Like I said, I don't think we lose all 16, but we won't be favored in any one of them. We have a tough schedule.

Xiomera
09-15-2008, 09:35 PM

If the Lions are picking top 3 and there is a QB that is legitimately deserving of that high of a pick, I would be extremely disappointed if they don't draft their franchise QB. Harrington was taken 6 years ago. It's time to try again. Stanton may well have NFL potential, but they won't have the answer to that question this year. They gotta get the QB if they have the chance. Left tackle would be the 2nd best option. I'd probably be ok with that too.

Menardo75
09-15-2008, 09:36 PM
If I was a GM in need of a QB, I'd be praying nightly and daily that Sam Bradford declares for this year's draft. Sam Bradford passing to Calvin Johnson and Roy Williams. That almost wouldn't be fair.

Yeah that actually could be pretty solid. I doubt he goes pro though.

Menardo75
09-15-2008, 09:37 PM
Rams have the biggest chance.

Miami and Kansas City still suck, but they're at least on the path to becoming decent teams.

Yeah really don't know what the Rams have been doing these last few years.

XxXdragonXxX
09-15-2008, 09:42 PM
Rams are going 0-16. When you have Dane Looker and Dante Hall as your #2 and #3 receivers something is wrong.

What if you have Courtney Taylor, Billy McMullen and Michael Bumpus as your #1, #2 and #3 receivers?

I won't be surprised if one of those guys dies on the field next week.

P-L
09-15-2008, 09:46 PM
that comeback was half a gift from the greenbay long snapper
Well, the Lions do deserve some credit for that. After the Packers scored their third TD with 7:00 left in the second quarter the Lions held them to only two FG's until the Kitna interception with less than 5:00 to go in the fourth quarter.

HawkeyeFan
09-16-2008, 01:07 AM

In all honesty. Dane Lookers worked his ass off to stay on our team for years now. I'm glad to see he's getting playing time (although not happy about our team)

Dante Hall just sucks.

Bulger - Ok, but is getting what Warner got here (Battered QB Syndrome)S
S. Jackson - Animal, but needs more than one guy on the offensive line to block.

Holt - Still great, but can't do it on his own.
McMichael - Doing great for us. Love his game. Monster blocker and good receiver.

Offensive Line - Ahm, yeah.

Defensive Line - C. Long is doing damn well for what he's had to go against (Shaun Andrews and the Giants OT). got his first sack last week and lays at a high intensity and awesome level.
Little is good but hurt.
Glover is pushed around like a rag doll.
Carriker...Ha, I haven't seen one thing from him yet.

Linebackers - Doing alright but small.

Secondary - HAHAHAHA, Bartells only one playing at a high level

P/K - Josh Brown and Donnie Jones are our MVPs hands down.

Coaching - Oh, do we have coaches?

Front Office - Look at us. 'nuff said.

Owners - Don't give a **** about the team, at all.

and we're not even rebuilding. :(

Menardo75
09-16-2008, 01:19 AM
In all honesty. Dane Lookers worked his ass off to stay on our team for years now. I'm glad to see he's getting playing time (although not happy about our team)

Dante Hall just sucks.

Bulger - Ok, but is getting what Warner got here (Battered QB Syndrome)S
S. Jackson - Animal, but needs more than one guy on the offensive line to block.

Holt - Still great, but can't do it on his own.
McMichael - Doing great for us. Love his game. Monster blocker and good receiver.

Offensive Line - Ahm, yeah.

Defensive Line - C. Long is doing damn well for what he's had to go against (Shaun Andrews and the Giants OT). got his first sack last week and lays at a high intensity and awesome level.
Little is good but hurt.
Glover is pushed around like a rag doll.
Carriker...Ha, I haven't seen one thing from him yet.

Linebackers - Doing alright but small.

Secondary - HAHAHAHA, Bartells only one playing at a high level

P/K - Josh Brown and Donnie Jones are our MVPs hands down.

Coaching - Oh, do we have coaches?

Front Office - Look at us. 'nuff said.

Owners - Don't give a **** about the team, at all.

and we're not even rebuilding. :(

Shawn Andrews plays tackle now?

HawkeyeFan
09-16-2008, 01:24 AM
Shawn Andrews plays tackle now?

Andrews or Runyan. Either way, neither are an easy task for the rookie C. Long.

Menardo75
09-16-2008, 01:26 AM
Andrews or Runyan. Either way, neither are an easy task for the rookie C. Long.

Yeah thats true I honestly was very upset when the Rams drafted Long. Not a guy I want my team playing against twice a year.

HawkeyeFan
09-16-2008, 01:30 AM
Yeah thats true I honestly was very upset when the Rams drafted Long. Not a guy I want my team playing against twice a year.

That's one player the division rivals fear. Chris Long. We need a hell of a lot more than that.

Menardo75
09-16-2008, 01:35 AM
That's one player the division rivals fear. Chris Long. We need a hell of a lot more than that.

Well gotta start somewhere.

Xonraider
09-16-2008, 06:36 AM
If the Raiders fire Kiffin, we will probably go 3-13 or something like that. If not, as high as 7-9 (unlikely) and as low as 4-12, imo

Brent
09-16-2008, 06:44 AM
I won't be surprised if one of those guys dies on the field next week.
I was thinking that this weekend. I couldnt believe how the WRs were dropping left and right.

XxXdragonXxX
09-16-2008, 09:26 PM
I was thinking that this weekend. I couldnt believe how the WRs were dropping left and right.

Yeah...losing your top 6 WR's has to be some kind of record....

But atleast we signed Koren Robinson and Keary Colbert....yay...

Xiomera
09-16-2008, 09:43 PM
Well, the Lions do deserve some credit for that. After the Packers scored their third TD with 7:00 left in the second quarter the Lions held them to only two FG's until the Kitna interception with less than 5:00 to go in the fourth quarter.

I'm not really a believer in praising the Lions for playing a partial good game. The Lions defense would have had to score 21 points of their own to make me forgive the 21 points they surrendered at the start of the game.

Menardo75
09-16-2008, 11:49 PM
Yeah...losing your top 6 WR's has to be some kind of record....

But atleast we signed Koren Robinsona dn Keary Colbert....yay...

I think Samie Parker might have set a record with you guys too.