PDA

View Full Version : Rumor Mill

Number 10
03-01-2007, 09:36 PM
Figured I would get this started....don't take these things literally because they are rumors that do not have full substance-

CB Rod Hood will be signed

OLB Cato June is being heavily pursued by Reese

RB Dominic Rhodes is being brought in for a visit this weekend

NY+Giants=NYG
03-01-2007, 09:39 PM
Figured I would get this started....don't take these things literally because they are rumors that do not have full substance-

CB Rod Hood will be signed

OLB Cato June is being heavily pursued by Reese

RB Dominic Rhodes is being brought in for a visit this weekend

Hood I like, Rhodes would be decent, but not digging Cato June.

Number 10
03-01-2007, 09:42 PM
Hood I like, Rhodes would be decent, but not digging Cato June.

Wouldn't want Hood unless his contract is small....June I could live with but it would worry be greatly. We need a SLB.

NY+Giants=NYG
03-01-2007, 09:44 PM
Wouldn't want Hood unless his contract is small....June I could live with but it would worry be greatly. We need a SLB.

I'd move Kiwi to Sam. We need to start playing our damn picks! If we get june wilk doesnt have a shot to progress and play, so if the Spags-Kiwi to SAM rumors are true, than we better get moving with it than.

Number 10
03-01-2007, 09:53 PM
I'd move Kiwi to Sam. We need to start playing our damn picks! If we get june wilk doesnt have a shot to progress and play, so if the Spags-Kiwi to SAM rumors are true, than we better get moving with it than.

Kiwi can't be a full time SAM yet, thats the issue. I still say we bring back Short or sign Diggs to play SAM.

And we need depth at WLB, so if Wilkinson does not start he will still be valuable.

Number 10
03-01-2007, 09:54 PM
Pretty sweet how in my mock offseason I gave that same contract to O'Hara.

NY+Giants=NYG
03-01-2007, 09:59 PM
Kiwi can't be a full time SAM yet, thats the issue. I still say we bring back Short or sign Diggs to play SAM.

And we need depth at WLB, so if Wilkinson does not start he will still be valuable.

We dont know that though.. Not saying you're wrong, but it's up to spags. I know he wanted to play him on the field more, so it could be a possibility of him moving there, granted he learns the ins and outs of being a LB, and assignments and gaps he needs to be aware of.

Well I assumed that if Wilk doesnt start he'd be valuable because under EA all our young backups were to our older vets. I was just hoping we'd let the younger guys play, and have the vets back them up. That's what I remember Reese mentioning with his get younger thing I kept reading.

Damix
03-01-2007, 10:02 PM

Wilkinson and Blackburn are 2 good back ups because it seems they both have the ability to atleast fill in at all 3 LB positions

NY+Giants=NYG
03-01-2007, 10:08 PM
Watch us re-sign all the players we cut.. Welcome back Lavar, Luke, and Emmons and Morton, hehehe.

Number 10
03-01-2007, 10:11 PM
Watch us re-sign all the players we cut.. Welcome back Lavar, Luke, and Emmons and Morton, hehehe.

I read that Petitgout is signing with TB

NY+Giants=NYG
03-01-2007, 10:14 PM

Yeah i saw that actually, lol. I was just joking though. I wonder if Reese will get a trade done.. We are supposedly shopping Carter around, and I wonder if he swing something.

Damix
03-01-2007, 10:16 PM

Just saw he finished, would be weird if we sign Kenyetta Walker, and Luke signs with TB, just like last year with Allen/Madison

Number 10
03-01-2007, 10:20 PM
Yeah i saw that actually, lol. I was just joking though. I wonder if Reese will get a trade done.. We are supposedly shopping Carter around, and I wonder if he swing something.

No way would we get anything more than a burger for Carter.

Number 10
03-02-2007, 12:28 AM
SS Michael Lewis is also being seriously considered....ugh

Damix
03-02-2007, 01:41 AM
SS Michael Lewis is also being seriously considered....ugh

=/

If hes really really cap friendly and is willing to be a backup, then I guess its not horrible

ricky bobby
03-02-2007, 07:33 AM
BBI rumors
Giants interested in Leonard Davis, Rod Hood, Michael Lewis, Dominic Rhodes. It also says that Adalius Thomas most likely won't be here. The site doesn't even mention Cato June. I'm not a fan of June. Our two biggest needs that we aren't "reportedly" pursuing are LB and WR. Look for those two in rounds one and two.

NY+Giants=NYG
03-02-2007, 07:34 AM
No way would we get anything more than a burger for Carter.

Yeah I know, as long as it has bacon in it, than the trade would be well worth it! : )

Number 10
03-02-2007, 11:09 AM
Hood is not visiting the Giants this weekend.

Jughead10
03-02-2007, 02:08 PM
Dallas, Redskins, and us all interested in Leonard Davis. Looks like Davis wants to play here the least out of all those teams. Which is good to me. Don't even tempt the Giants on making the huge mistake of signing him.

Number 10
03-02-2007, 02:10 PM
Dallas, Redskins, and us all interested in Leonard Davis. Looks like Davis wants to play here the least out of all those teams. Which is good to me. Don't even tempt the Giants on making the huge mistake of signing him.

Yeh Davis would be a waste. If we are going to bring in an OL....I want Jordan Black out of Kansas City. He is highly touted by Chiefs fans and heis very versatile...better suited inside though.

NY+Giants=NYG
03-02-2007, 02:29 PM
Yeh Davis would be a waste. If we are going to bring in an OL....I want Jordan Black out of Kansas City. He is highly touted by Chiefs fans and heis very versatile...better suited inside though.

I would how he'd be at LG if David D moves over.. That would be one pretty big OG.

scottyboy
03-02-2007, 02:48 PM
i feel if we go OL why not try and bring back rosenthal? he wasnt bad at all for us and was cut by the vikings

thoughts?

Jughead10
03-02-2007, 02:51 PM
i feel if we go OL why not try and bring back rosenthal? he wasnt bad at all for us and was cut by the vikings

thoughts?

I don't think Rosenthal could play LT. That is potentially what they are looking at Davis to do. Although he couldn't do it all that well either. So go figure.

hugegmenfan
03-02-2007, 03:09 PM
bring in dommy rhodes! i think he would b perfect for us, a guy with great hands and elusive to go hand and hand w/ jacobs and he is used to playin in the dual back system w/ addai
June is ok but obviously he wasnt terrific for the colts b.c they had the 32nd ranked run D
Rod Hood is ok and im ok with that

scottyboy
03-02-2007, 03:57 PM
agreed jughead, rosenthal could be good insurance for a low price, and i am so against davis. he wasnt good enough for arizona's o-line and he is slow. he'd get eaten alive by guys like kearse and especially ware

everything_evil
03-02-2007, 06:25 PM
cato june is so small for a starting lber

Number 10
03-02-2007, 07:01 PM
Alright here is the latest-

-Rhodes is spending the night with Giants reps. He wants to be here. No contract numbers than I know of yet.

-Two LBs are being actively pursued, not sure if they are going after both will settle for one because of finances. The 2 LBs are Cato June and.....can't believe I am saying this....Joey Porter. Porter's agent has expressed Joey's interest to play in NY.

-Leonard Davis and Roderick Hood are back and forth with what they are doing with their visits. Hood has 2 visits already planned, nothing mentioned about the Giants. Davis wants to be a Cowboy, but wants LT money. Not even Jones offered today during his visit....that is scaring me because the Giants are going to apparantly make him a bigger offer....not sure what that is though.

-Eli Manning $12 million cap number for 2007 has not been re-structured and likely will stay that way.

bigbluedefense
03-02-2007, 07:08 PM
Alright here is the latest-

-Rhodes is spending the night with Giants reps. He wants to be here. No contract numbers than I know of yet.

-Two LBs are being actively pursued, not sure if they are going after both will settle for one because of finances. The 2 LBs are Cato June and.....can't believe I am saying this....Joey Porter. Porter's agent has expressed Joey's interest to play in NY.

-Leonard Davis and Roderick Hood are back and forth with what they are doing with their visits. Hood has 2 visits already planned, nothing mentioned about the Giants. Davis wants to be a Cowboy, but wants LT money. Not even Jones offered today during his visit....that is scaring me because the Giants are going to apparantly make him a bigger offer....not sure what that is though.

-Eli Manning $12 million cap number for 2007 has not been re-structured and likely will stay that way.

I don't like any of those names...at all. I can live with Rhodes, but I wouldn't like getting him. When will we learn, you can't fix your problems through FA. We have to build through the draft. I hate Porter, I hate June, hate Davis, hate all of them.

I'll actually be a happy man if we make no FA moves whatsoever this year. Enough is enough with FA. Im tired of it. Build through the draft dammit.

ricky bobby
03-02-2007, 07:21 PM
I don't like any of those names...at all. I can live with Rhodes, but I wouldn't like getting him. When will we learn, you can't fix your problems through FA. We have to build through the draft. I hate Porter, I hate June, hate Davis, hate all of them.

I'll actually be a happy man if we make no FA moves whatsoever this year. Enough is enough with FA. Im tired of it. Build through the draft dammit.

I concur. We need youth and speed. Not a big fan of June. I actually wouldn't mind Porter as our SLB. The two guys I actually wanted (Dockery, Steinbech) are off the market. I heard somewhere that Reese cut Luke because he likes Whimper. I'd like to see what Whimper can do for us next year.

GiantRutgersFan
03-02-2007, 07:59 PM
I heard Whimper is still a couple years away from being a starter...

Rhodes is the only player thats a great fit on that list. Cato June would be allrite i guess, but nothing to go crazy over and we still would have to draft a linebacker in the first 2 rounds imo...

Leonard Davis sucks. Joey Porter is a loudmouth and dont want him on the team

bigbluedefense
03-02-2007, 08:17 PM
Im really starting to question Reese's talent evaluation skills if he honestly thinks that June, Davis, Porter etc are good players who can help us. They all suck, and they'd just be expensive JAGs.

Hopefully we do nothing in FA. Im serious. We should do nothing. That would be the best FA move we've made in years.

Number 10
03-02-2007, 08:32 PM
Im really starting to question Reese's talent evaluation skills if he honestly thinks that June, Davis, Porter etc are good players who can help us. They all suck, and they'd just be expensive JAGs.

Hopefully we do nothing in FA. Im serious. We should do nothing. That would be the best FA move we've made in years.

Wohh Calm down there buddy.

I am not in love with the names either and I'm not saying we should throw money around at 20 guys. But there needs to be some FAs brought in, no questions asked.

And Reese has not spent a dollar in FA yet, lets try not to bash him.

bigbluedefense
03-02-2007, 08:39 PM
Wohh Calm down there buddy.

I am not in love with the names either and I'm not saying we should throw money around at 20 guys. But there needs to be some FAs brought in, no questions asked.

And Reese has not spent a dollar in FA yet, lets try not to bash him.

Im not bashing him yet...but if he wants to sign Porter or June, I'll start to question him.

I think we don't need any FAs. What will a couple of JAGs do for us? I rather resign Short then sign Porter. I rather let Wilkinson/Chase develop then let him rot behind Cato "I can't wrap up a christmas present let alone a RB" June.

Leonard Davis blocking Eli's blindside? You might as well let Whimper give it a shot, he can't honestly be any worse than Davis.

We should just stick to the draft, and let our in house talent develop. If certain guys don't work, take it from there. But constantly trying to fix our holes with aging, overpaid over the hill FAs every year is not the answer. We learned that with Accorsi.

Number 10
03-02-2007, 08:47 PM
Im not bashing him yet...but if he wants to sign Porter or June, I'll start to question him.

I think we don't need any FAs. What will a couple of JAGs do for us? I rather resign Short then sign Porter. I rather let Wilkinson/Chase develop then let him rot behind Cato "I can't wrap up a christmas present let alone a RB" June.

Leonard Davis blocking Eli's blindside? You might as well let Whimper give it a shot, he can't honestly be any worse than Davis.

We should just stick to the draft, and let our in house talent develop. If certain guys don't work, take it from there. But constantly trying to fix our holes with aging, overpaid over the hill FAs every year is not the answer. We learned that with Accorsi.

I think Davis would be brought in as our LG. Not saying I agree with it though.

I'm not going to overly evaluate Reese until May because I still feel he has a plan, and a good one at that.

GiantRutgersFan
03-02-2007, 08:53 PM
What plan does he have?

I would rather have Aarington then June or Porter. I would rather have Pettigout then Leonard Davis by a big margin.

Wanting to bring in a veteran running back is the only move Reese has done well so far, and my grandmother could do that.

Obviously its way too early to say, but if he started at zero, hes well below that in my book as of right now

Number 10
03-02-2007, 08:55 PM
What plan does he have?

I would rather have Aarington then June or Porter. I would rather have Pettigout then Leonard Davis by a big margin.

Wanting to bring in a veteran running back is the only move Reese has done well so far, and my grandmother could do that.

What are you talking about?

1-Arrington's career is likely OVER

2-When did we sign Davis? And if we do end up signing him, I doubt he plays LT. Diehl will.

Damix
03-02-2007, 09:23 PM
If Davis agrees to play LG for us then I'll def welcome him, he was a great guard before being moved out to tackle

Jughead10
03-02-2007, 10:21 PM
At this point I wouldnt mind signing Rhodes and Hood and thats about it. Maybe a couple of guys close to the minimum who could try and make the team at certain other positions.

We would then have a lot of cap room still. How about siging a guy like Snee to a heavily front loaded contract. A contract with a big number this upcoming season so we could take advatage of all the space teams have this year. Then he would make very small base salaries next year and the year after when there might be FAs worth going after.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
03-02-2007, 10:44 PM
I found a rumour I thought was interesting... the source is the Washington Post, so obviously it needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/03/01/AR2007030101660.html

In something of a long shot, the Redskins also could be in the running for left defensive end Michael Strahan, who met with New York Giants officials this week in an attempt to be traded. Strahan has two years left on his current contract.

GiantRutgersFan
03-02-2007, 10:58 PM
I would trade Strahan to the Skins.

He is kind of overrated and has been injured a lot the last 2 years. Kiwi and Osi are both very good, and Tuck could start for a lot of teams.

Hes 35 years old also...

The problem is that The only pick the Skins have is #6. Besides Santana Moss or Sean Taylor, I dont really want any Redskin players. So I doubt it really happens

Number 10
03-02-2007, 11:02 PM

He is kind of overrated and has been injured a lot the last 2 years. Kiwi and Osi are both very good, and Tuck could start for a lot of teams.

Hes 35 years old also...

The problem is that The only pick the Skins have is #6. Besides Santana Moss or Sean Taylor, I dont really want any Redskin players. So I doubt it really happens

LEAVE.

DON'T EVER COME BACK.

GiantRutgersFan
03-02-2007, 11:34 PM
LEAVE.

DON'T EVER COME BACK.

Yea why?

Strahan has had some great moments with us, and I realize that he is a future HOFer, but he is injury prone and has 3 years left MAX. Hes 35 years old.

Eagles or Cowboys? No way I wouldnt trade him there. But to the Skins, I probably would. Especially after he showed the disrespect to ask for more money or a trade when hes 35 years old.

not our fault he did all that stuff regarding his wife and has to pay so much money...

Number 10
03-02-2007, 11:44 PM
Yea why?

Strahan has had some great moments with us, and I realize that he is a future HOFer, but he is injury prone and has 3 years left MAX. Hes 35 years old.

Eagles or Cowboys? No way I wouldnt trade him there. But to the Skins, I probably would. Especially after he showed the disrespect to ask for more money or a trade when hes 35 years old.

not our fault he did all that stuff regarding his wife and has to pay so much money...

YOU ARE INCREDIBLY SHALLOW MINDED, UNREAL.

HOW DO YOU KNOW HE ASKED FOR MORE MONEY?!?!?!?!?!?! THE WASHINGTON POST IS AS UNRELIABLE AS IT GETS!!!!!!!!!!! THE MEETING WAS ABOUT HIS FUTURE WITH THE TEAM AND HE HAS EARNED THE RIGHT TO ASK A GM WHO APPEARS TO BE TRIGGER HAPPY ON PLAYERS COMING OFF INJURIES!!!!!!!!

I CANNOT BELIEVE WHAT I READ ON THIS SITE SOMETIMES, UNREAL!!!!!!

Giants Pride
03-02-2007, 11:50 PM
Arrington better then Cato June or Joey Porter? Come on people lets have a little sense.

Joey Porter could be considered 1 year off of a defensive POY. I dont know if he is 30 yet and he was released by an organization that has traditionally had a quick trigger finger when it comes to getting rid of its star players (Kevin Greene, Greg Lloyd, Chad Brown).

Depending on the price, I would not mind bringing him in. The only thing that scares me about him is his injury situation.

June on the other hand was a pretty good performer on the defense that WON the superbowl this year. The defense that won 2 playoff games on their own. He is small, yes, but he has speed. We have neither size nor speed, and there arent too many alternatives out there. While I dont love June, he is 27 and if he is signed I would like it. If Kiwi is moving out to SAM we need a WILL with strong coverage skills and June defenately provides that.

The Leonard Davis move I dont know what to make of. I can see them wanting to get more "road graders" for Jacobs running style, and to be honest I dont know much about Davis other than that he is definately not the LT he was drafted to be. He is huge so how bad of a LG could he be? LT money though would really turn me off.

I think Reese is doing a pretty good job. He needs to fill some needs via FA, unlike fans, he cant afford to sit back and say "I dont like any of these FA's, Blackburn, Wilkinson, and some LB'er whose scouting report sounds good will be more than enough". He needs to field a legitamate NFL roster and explore all possibilities. He hasnt made any moves yet so there is nothing to really complain about, but if he gets either Porter or June I think that would be a good step in the right direction.

JoshTheStampede
03-03-2007, 12:19 AM
You know, I'd hate to see Strahan go to the Skins, but if the rumor is at all true and he in fact asked to be traded, then I really can't blame them for trading him. I'd rather trade him out of division, but hey, sometimes you take what you can get.

If he no longer wants to be here, then he's not going to be as dominant as he could be. So if we can get some value from his departure, that's better than letting him laguish away and retire ignominously.

Of course, I'd rather he want to be here and return to form and finish his career as a Giant and help us win a Super Bowl before he goes. But that might not be realistic if he no longer feels like he wants to be here.

GiantRutgersFan
03-03-2007, 12:21 AM
Number 10 settle down... you drunk or something? lol. People talk about trading Eli and Shockey, who are the future of the team and you get mad over talking about Strahan after rumors say that he wants a trade?

Leonard Davis isnt even a good player. Hes a definite bad signing.

But I am definitly warming up to cato june. he would bring some speed to our LBs and hes still young.

Joey Porter has a big mouth, and is gonna cost a real lot. Plus hes 30 already. Not a big fan of him. He was cut for a reason...

I for one liked Acorsi and Reese just kind of came in and decided to cut a bunch of people for little to no reason like a jackass.

I mean, maybe he will be good, but he created several holes and were not really gaining anything from it....

Number 10
03-03-2007, 12:52 AM
GRF-

Please show me where one person here has said anything about trading Shockey or Eli.

.........Only kids who have not a clue about the game such as yourself would ever say that. It's guys like that give the Giants fans here a bad name.

scottyboy
03-03-2007, 05:49 AM
number 10 you are 100% right. why would we trade strahan??? within our division no less?????? honestly have these guys who say go ahead and trade watch the last half of our season. granted kiwi played well, but is it a coincidence once strahan was out we started losing?? who ever said trade eli or shockey?? this is just awe-strucking

plus people are acting like we signed davis already, we didnt! if we do i wouldnt mind him at LG but not tackle. i bet jacobs would love to run behind this 6'6 monster inside

bigbluedefense
03-03-2007, 08:16 AM
The main issue I have with Leonard Davis is...he's simply not the same player anymore. If he could play at Guard, they wouldve kept him and moved him to Guard. He's extremely out of shape now, having ballooned to 360 LBs, that wasn't his weight during his OG years. His work ethic stinks, he's simply not the same guy anymore.

A lot of times when we talk about FAs, we always look back a couple of years and say "he was good then" etc. But the reality is, that was then and this is now. Times change, players change, they get older, slower, etc. Davis simply is not the guy he used to be, he's not even a worthy Guard anymore to me. He's just a big out of shape guy.

And we are NOT trading Strahan...hopefully. Especially to a in division rival. That is idiotic to say the least. The man is still the best run stuffing DE in the league, and a force at pass rushing, and he's the leader of our team. We're freakin 2-15 without him. He's more important to our team than anybody. Even now at 35. He's gonna retire a Giant, and will never wear another uniform. Thats not how the Giants do business. This is a class organization, and they don't do that to their players.

G-Men88
03-03-2007, 08:56 AM
I think either Porter or June would be very good pick-ups. Porter would bring that attitude to the defense that the Giants need and woul be a good pass rushing SLB. June would also be a good pass rushing LB, but at the Weak Side. One problem we had last year was pass coverage from the LB position and June is one of the best coverage LB's in the game with very good hands. I DO NOT want Leonard Davis. The Cardinals are in dire need of an OL and they choose to let Davis go. That doesn't say too much about him. He has been a bust ever since he was drafted #2 overall.

hugegmenfan
03-03-2007, 02:35 PM

Hes 35 years old also...

what the hell are u talking about?
Strahan overrated?? we have about 1 win in 20 games without him- hes 35 years old and can STILL get to the QB 10x a year and is a massive key to stopping the run- he is also the team leader which is very hard to replace and is a major force in our team
some giant fan u r- no giant fan would ever belittle michael strahan
yes osi is great, kiwi is goin to b great and tuck is a great backup but just look @ the impact strahan has on our team?

Number 10
03-03-2007, 04:59 PM
http://mvn.com/nfl-giants/

ricky bobby
03-03-2007, 05:08 PM
http://mvn.com/nfl-giants/

Never mind.

bigbluedefense
03-03-2007, 05:10 PM
I'll be ok with Rhodes, maybe Hood, but thats about it. The other guys, I can live with guys like the Bears DT, but I definately don't want Davis, Porter etc. Hopefully Reese stays away from FA as a whole this year.

Number 10
03-03-2007, 05:10 PM
I've been meaning to ask you. Are you Dave Syversten?

A little weird...asking for someone's name over the internet........

Number 10
03-03-2007, 05:11 PM
I'll be ok with Rhodes, maybe Hood, but thats about it. The other guys, I can live with guys like the Bears DT, but I definately don't want Davis, Porter etc. Hopefully Reese stays away from FA as a whole this year.

I think Porter is going to get a big payday from someone, $7 million per year. Reese won't do that.

ricky bobby
03-03-2007, 05:13 PM
A little weird...asking for someone's name over the internet........

LOL, sorry. You shouldn't have posted your picture on the "Post a picture of yourself" thread.

Number 10
03-03-2007, 05:16 PM
LOL, sorry. You shouldn't have posted your picture on the "Post a picture of yourself" thread.

It's no biggy

ricky bobby
03-03-2007, 05:18 PM
Ian Scott would be a good signing IMO. He is pretty young (25) and he would be the third guy in our rotation. I hope that means the end of Joseph.

Number 10
03-03-2007, 05:19 PM
Ian Scott would be a good signing IMO. He is pretty young (25) and he would be the third guy in our rotation. I hope that means the end of Joseph.

Or Seawright.

ricky bobby
03-03-2007, 05:23 PM
I'd rather keep Seawright than Joseph. Seawright has a huge body and I hope he learn to use it. Joseph has been given plenty of chances and has proved that he is mediocre at best. Seawright is younger anyway. I spotted him clogging the middle last year on some goalline situations. Call me crazy, but i'm not giving up on him just yet. He's like 6'6" 335.

bigbluedefense
03-03-2007, 05:23 PM
Or Seawright.

I think its more the end of Joseph. We still need depth at NT. I know Seawright isn't the best, but he's all we got behind Coffield. Scott gives us a rotation at UT.

Number 10
03-03-2007, 05:37 PM
I think its more the end of Joseph. We still need depth at NT. I know Seawright isn't the best, but he's all we got behind Coffield. Scott gives us a rotation at UT.

Scott played some NT in Chicago.

And I actually don't think we would cut either Joseph nor Seawright. A lot of teams have 5 DTs.

bigbluedefense
03-03-2007, 05:39 PM
Scott played some NT in Chicago.

And I actually don't think we would cut either Joseph nor Seawright. A lot of teams have 5 DTs.

Yeah, we definately need some bodies. I don't like a thin rotation at DT. I know none of those bodies are great, but maybe we can maximize our DT performance by rotating fresh bodies.

ricky bobby
03-04-2007, 07:33 AM
From BBI

LB Cato June: The New York Post is reporting that there is no truth to the media and internet reports that the Giants are interested in unrestricted LB Cato June (Indianapolis Colts). "It's not happening with the Giants," said June's agent.

That is great news to me.

locseti
03-04-2007, 07:39 AM
Yeah, we definately need some bodies. I don't like a thin rotation at DT. I know none of those bodies are great, but maybe we can maximize our DT performance by rotating fresh bodies.

5 DT'S??!!!!!

Number 10
03-04-2007, 08:51 AM
5 DT'S??!!!!!

A lot of teams use 5 DTs. You guys don't realize how lucky we were to not have any injuries at DT last year, those guys get nicked up more often than not.

BigBlue58KiperIII
03-04-2007, 08:51 AM
VERY GOOD news on June! I really didnt want an undersized safety playing LB for us. He is OK in a Cover 2 Colts scheme but is not a weakside in what we are gonna run.

If Hood really wants to play here lets get him here. He is not great but these days you dont get aot of player who WANT to play for you, they usually just follow the money and are kind of indifferent about their desire to play.

I'm fine with Rhodes, I prefer Travis Henry but he will probably cost too much and neither of them are worth spending big money on.

Also, anybody hear any news about Stallworth yet?

Lastly, I think we need to get Feely back, there are really no other viable options in FA which means he'll probably get a big deal which stinks, the only guy in the draft that are decent are Crosby, Medlock, and the kid from Arizona Folk

scottyboy
03-04-2007, 10:21 AM
at kicker i hear we will probably give josh huston a shot - undrafted FA, backup to nugent at OSU

ricky bobby
03-04-2007, 12:03 PM
What teams have a need for a kicker? Maybe if there is no need for Crosby, we can get him in the 4rth or 5th.

Go_Eli
03-04-2007, 12:06 PM
Wow, get rid of Joseph and keep Seawright?

Come on guys, what has Seawright done lately?