PDA

View Full Version : Beason or Spencer?

Yung Flippa
03-01-2007, 09:44 PM
Who Would You Rather Have?

Jon Beason Could Be A Ray Lewis Type Of Player After Learning Under Ray
(Both Went To Miami So They Would Get Along Easily)

Anthony Spencer Could Be A Terrell Suggs Type Of Player because They Can Both Play DE or OLB

I Wouldn't Mind Either Of The Two
I Just Hope We Can Pick One of The Two

BigDawg819
03-01-2007, 10:47 PM

Anthony Spencer Could Be A Terrell Suggs Type Of Player because They Can Both Play DE or OLB

Both players I think could be good players for the Ravens, but I think that you are a bit too liberal with your comparisons. Just because Beason went to Miami doesn't mean he automatically would be a Ray Lewis type of player and the same is true for Spencer and the Suggs reference.

ccB
03-02-2007, 09:33 AM
JARVIS MOSS!

But for real I see it like this, Jon Beason= Jonathon Vilma and Anthony Spencer = Adalius Thomas.

I wouldnt mind either, It depends on what Scheme we run next year. If we stay with a base 3-4 than Spencer if we switch back to a base 4-3 I say Beason.

BigDawg819
03-02-2007, 10:05 AM
Yeah I'm down with the with the Jarvin Moss pick! He single handedly put an end to the Troy Smith hoopla so he will always be a favorite of mine..........

Bohleive
03-02-2007, 10:21 AM

What exactly do you mean by 'type of player'. Do you mean play the same position? Cause i don't see Beason being anywhere near as good as Ray and the same goes for spencer with suggs. I don't see spencer winning DROY and going to two probowls by his 4th season.
Out of the OLB/DE's I'm with the other two guys; I like Jarvis Moss best at this point. That said, I think we have Dan Cody who will work for us and would rather see an ILB. I much prefer Harris over Beason for that, I see him as closer to a Ray Lewis type than Beason. Harris is bigger, faster, better at the point of attack, is a good leader like Ray and appears to be a smart, hard worker with good instincts like Ray.

BigDawg819
03-02-2007, 10:28 AM
What exactly do you mean by 'type of player'. Do you mean play the same position? Cause i don't see Beason being anywhere near as good as Ray and the same goes for spencer with suggs. I don't see spencer winning DROY and going to two probowls by his 4th season.
Out of the OLB/DE's I'm with the other two guys; I like Jarvis Moss best at this point. That said, I think we have Dan Cody who will work for us and would rather see an ILB. I much prefer Harris over Beason for that, I see him as closer to a Ray Lewis type than Beason. Harris is bigger, faster, better at the point of attack, is a good leader like Ray and appears to be a smart, hard worker with good instincts like Ray.

Well I'm glad someone agrees with my comment of someone being too liberal with the comparisons... :D In all seriousness I'd be a bit shocked if Spencer was not gone by our pick in the 1st round and I too see those qualities in Harris. There is only one Ray Lewis and only one Terrell Suggs, with that said each player has to come on in his own right. Bart Scott is developing into a very good middle linebacker, but I not going to refer to him as Ray Jr. .....

ChefMike
03-02-2007, 09:58 PM
I am totally in agreement I wouldnt see the comparisons between either players... I would not put much faith in Spencer... other then this website Spencer is not as high a player as others...Moss is ok but not a great player...I would much rather us pick up an athletic LB then another DE we already have Cody and we are going to resign Johnson so we need another athlete on the outside...not another project player to convert... Beason might be a ok pick but I think in the 2nd or 3rd rd....I think he will slide that far...