PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben exaggerating his own injury?

Number 10
09-17-2008, 09:43 AM
Interesting. Tomlin doesn't need to look far for the culprit of putting out false reports of his QB's shoulder. This isn't a big deal to me, but it tells me something about Big Ben.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/09/17/big-ben-was-the-source-of-the-nbc-report/

bored of education
09-17-2008, 10:04 AM
how Patriotesque

bigbluedefense
09-17-2008, 10:20 AM
this isn't surprising at all. ben has a long repeated history of doing this.

i like the guy, but why does he do this? it makes me lose some respect for him.

TimD
09-17-2008, 11:05 AM
Lol i think its funny. He's still the man in my books.

Jughead10
09-17-2008, 04:10 PM
this isn't surprising at all. ben has a long repeated history of doing this.

i like the guy, but why does he do this? it makes me lose some respect for him.

I hate when people do this. I lost a lot of respect the first time Ben did this. Especially because it came after a playoff loss. He blamed his performance on his thumb. And Cowher basically called him out on it, by saying he knows nothing about any thumb injury.

PalmerToCJ
09-17-2008, 05:05 PM
Big Ben can bring it but he's a whiner. I remember the thumb and how he was crying after Odell Thurman got blocked into his knee. He's good but he's big on excuses and isn't afraid to cry about an injury.

bigbluedefense
09-17-2008, 05:17 PM
It really hurts his image. Rivers played the AFC Championship game with a torn ACL, Eli played almost the entire season with pretty much the same injury (if not worse, i forgot what the exact injury was, if im wrong, correct me), and didn't make a peep about it.

But whenever Ben even has a runny nose, he uses it as an excuse. Great player, but seriously...shut up and play.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
09-17-2008, 07:10 PM
So then when he plays poorly he has something to blame it on. But if he plays well he looks like a super hero for playing through injury. seems like a win-win situation there.

SFbear
09-17-2008, 07:22 PM
Didn't Roethlisberger also ***** out Whisenhunt for excusing his poor play in 2006 as a result of the motorcycle accident? I mean his former OC was sticking up for him in the press and Roethlisberger hysterically refused to accept anyone making excuses for his bad year. Seems like two conflicting personas. Does not compute.

steelernation77
09-17-2008, 07:26 PM
For all of those questioning Ben's toughness, give it a rest. If you want to see how tough the guy is, look at his play on the field. The guy plays the quarterback position with more grit than anybody in the league.

Smooth Criminal
09-17-2008, 08:46 PM
Ben lies about all of his injuries. Sometimes when hes asked about them he pretends the question was about something else. Other times he over exaerates them, even after he has good games, like this week.

I really don't care to much. I think its more him liking to mess with the media reports than anything else. As long as he performs on the field I don't give a damn what else he does.

Menardo75
09-17-2008, 08:54 PM
For all of those questioning Ben's toughness, give it a rest. If you want to see how tough the guy is, look at his play on the field. The guy plays the quarterback position with more grit than anybody in the league.

More than Favre right.

Jughead10
09-17-2008, 09:15 PM

I don't think anyone is questioning his toughness. He just seems to like it to be known that he is injured, in case he performs poorly.

eaglesalltheway
09-18-2008, 07:14 AM
More than Favre right.

I'm sure the argument could be made. Big Ben is very, very tough out on the field, as is Favre, but there is just a smash mouth style of play that he has that Favre doesn't. I was actually talking to my Grandfather about his on Tuesday: Favre is tougher mentally (dealing with injuries and whatever) while Ben is tougher physically.

aNYtitan
09-18-2008, 07:51 AM
I understand Rothlisberger is one of the best competitors on the football field every given Sunday, but no excuses are needed for poor play. Just say you got beat and go after the win the next day

PACKmanN
09-18-2008, 08:35 AM
The late hit he took from a Browns player in that game didn't make it seem like he was lying about his injury when he got up.