PDA

View Full Version : Vikings to start Frerotte at QB, Jackson benched.

General Zod
09-17-2008, 12:24 PM
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10982521

I got to say, Im really surprised at this. As much as Childress has backed Jackson to bench him this quickly. I really dont know if Gus is going to help us that much. I guess we'll wait and see.

The Dynasty
09-17-2008, 02:30 PM
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10982521

I got to say, Im really surprised at this. As much as Childress has backed Jackson to bench him this quickly. I really dont know if Gus is going to help us that much. I guess we'll wait and see.

I would say Gus is slightly better than Tarvaris. I mean he can read the defense he shouldn't make Mistakes and he might actually give our passing game the chance to score.

The_Dude
09-17-2008, 04:23 PM
Well, i have to say that I am absolutely surprised by this decision.

Not that i think that it is a bad decision, but i just never expected the Little General to bench the hand-picked QB for his kick-ass offense.

I don't think that it will make that much of a difference since i imagine that the offensive game plan won't change that much (outside of the rollout pass plays) and that is a big part of the problem in my opinion.

I hope that this move doesn't lessen Chilly's chances of getting fired this year....

djp
09-17-2008, 05:28 PM
The Buccaneers have contacted the 49ers and Patriots to guage those team's interest in disgruntled quarterback Jeff Garcia, according to ESPN's Michael Smith.

Neither team appears to be interested.

The 38 year old quarterback started Week 1 for the Bucs before being replaced by Brian Griese as the team's starter.

According to Smith, sources say the Bucs had internal discussions about whether or not Garcia would be a distraction in the locker room and to the media, and whether he would force the team to release him, seeing as though his salary for 08 is guaranteed anyway. But Garcia has handled the benching better than expected and with professionalism, for the time being alleviating those concerns.

He's gotta be a better option than Frerotte.

giver17
09-17-2008, 05:37 PM
Right now, I think Gus gives us a better shot at winning than T-jack. As we all know, all that we need is consistency. I thought (and I true mean this) that T-Jack was going to step up and provide that, but clearly I was wrong. I even thought he played well in the preseason, but once again he buckles under pressure. He has all the arm strength in the world, but he is also about 10 yards off ever time he throws. There is no doubt that our WRs and TEs need to play better too, but how are they supposed to get into a rhythm if the consistency doesn't start at the QB spot? We will see what happens, but right now I think it is the right move.

As far as the Gracia talk, he has been good in his stint with the Bucks as well as that stretch in Philly, but what would we need give up to get him? I am sure he could pick up the offense fast though, and come in and compete right away which would be great.

Vikes99ej
09-17-2008, 05:42 PM
I'd give up a fourth for Garcia.

Dr. Gonzo
09-17-2008, 06:59 PM
At this point our best option by far is Garcia because he is bing shopped around. At this point if we our benching T Jack for the vet we might as well go with the best veteran QB available, Garcia. I really do not think it would take much to get him but I highly doubt it happens. **** I hate Childress.

pete_norm
09-17-2008, 07:59 PM
I'm not sure i like this move. Frerotte didn't look that good in preseason. It does look like a desperation move. Maybe even something coming from Zygi himself.

I still think the play calling didn't help TJ in the first 2 games. If you don't let your QB get in rythm, he'll never be able to start throwing when you need it. With that type of game plan, i'm not sure Gus will do any better. Oh well, only time will tell.

giver17
09-17-2008, 08:26 PM
yeah, but i feel like the play calling is also limited because t-jack can't handle much more

Cribbs>Hester
09-18-2008, 04:47 AM
I'd give up a fourth for Garcia.

How about a 2nd for Derek Anderson?

vikes_28
09-18-2008, 11:26 AM
................dream on..............you really think that would ever happen? dont think so......

DHVF
09-18-2008, 12:15 PM
How about a 2nd for Derek Anderson?
How about Adrian Peterson for Brady Quinn?

Dr. Gonzo
09-18-2008, 12:20 PM
How about Adrian Peterson for Brady Quinn?

Brady Quinn is a sexy football icon. It would take way more than Peterson for Quinn.

DHVF
09-18-2008, 12:25 PM
Brady Quinn is a sexy football icon. It would take way more than Peterson for Quinn.
Yeah, you're right...but I simply am not willing to give up the god that isJD Booty for that oh so sexy man Quinn.

Dr. Gonzo
09-18-2008, 12:32 PM
Yeah, you're right...but I simply am not willing to give up the god that isJD Booty for that oh so sexy man Quinn.

You are correct sir. Nobody is worth giving up the soon to be known as greatest QB of all time for.

Cribbs>Hester
09-18-2008, 07:52 PM
Quinn is overrated too. You can have him, but it'll take a 1st for him.

PackerLegend
09-18-2008, 09:43 PM
I think T-Jax is the better option just because he has the ability to run unlike Gus. Gus is a vet but honestly I dont think he will improve your passing game. You need to just run AD and CT to set up play action. But if you have a weak passing game teams will continue to stack the box. Your 0-2 but could be 2-0 should have stuck with T-Jax a little while longer IMO.....

vikes_28
09-19-2008, 10:07 AM
I think T-Jax is the better option just because he has the ability to run unlike Gus.

your funny....

Kid_Ego
09-26-2008, 10:04 AM
T_jack couldnt start on a college team period. ANd YOU go ahead and trust gus. Is Daunte's number still on speed Dial. Childress is an idiot!!!! zHis offense is pathetic. His play calling just plain sucks. If we had Joe Montana in his freaking Prime he couldnt win with childress calling the shots, The guy makes every QB look like Phil Simms on a bad day. Freaking Pathetic the qb situation hasnt been this bad since our options were Wade 5td game once evevery Five years Wilson, Rich The Cannon who knows wheres its going Gannon, And Shaun wheres the beef Salisybury steakmiester.

vikes_28
09-26-2008, 10:57 AM
Childress is an idiot!!!! zHis offense is pathetic. His play calling just plain sucks. If we had Joe Montana in his freaking Prime he couldnt win with childress calling the shots, The guy makes every QB look like Phil Simms on a bad day.

We should give darrel bevel a chance to call the shots. he groomed freakin Brett favre for gods sake! bevel may be low key, but im sure he could do a better job than chilly.

is anyone else thinking that if the vikes dont make the playoffs this year that chilly will be gone?

Kid_Ego
09-26-2008, 11:02 AM
At This Point Id Take Zygi Calling The Shots Childress Just Doesnt Get It!!!!!!!!! Wouldnt We All Agree We Could Almost Give Up The Entire 09 Draft For A Good Qb!!!!!!!!!! Just Resign The Players We Have And Get A Freaking Qb At All Cost

vikes_28
09-26-2008, 11:08 AM
who do you have in mind?

Kid_Ego
09-26-2008, 11:14 AM
My serious list would look something like this.

1. Derek Anderson
2. Seneca Wallace
3. Sage Rosenfel
4. Matt Leinart
5. Colt Brennen
6. Simms
7. Cassill
8. Brohm
9. Grossman
10. Daunte Culpepper back