09-17-2008, 01:25 PM
how are the vikings 7?

Yeah that baffles me a bit

Turtlepower
09-17-2008, 01:41 PM
The ranking is also known as "Who are the most popular teams in the NFL?"

Turtlepower
09-17-2008, 01:44 PM
You know how I know this ranking is bogus? They list Houston as having 0 draft busts. I think everyone in the world can agree that Houston had at least 1 draft bust.

giantsfan
09-17-2008, 01:48 PM
I think they're really under-rating playoff success and SBs. Yeah the Vikings were been a consistently good team for a long time, but they were never great enough to win it all and that's gotta hurt.

DeathbyStat
09-17-2008, 02:03 PM
You know how I know this ranking is bogus? They list Houston as having 0 draft busts. I think everyone in the world can agree that Houston had at least 1 draft bust.

Yeah I thought the same thing..but the draft busts they counted were on a list of the top 50 draft busts of all time.

Addict
09-17-2008, 02:07 PM
I have to ask what their definition of a bust is. I'm not overly familiar with each team's history, but all the draft bust numbers seem low...

giantsfan
09-17-2008, 02:07 PM
The rankings rediculous, find me a fan who'd rather have a team that wouldn't rather have his team have a lesser franchise win% for 3 more SBs

Addict
09-17-2008, 02:29 PM
The rankings rediculous, find me a fan who'd rather have a team that wouldn't rather have his team have a lesser franchise win% for 3 more SBs

here's a tip, when trying not to look like a total homer, when ALL teams are discussed, try to look beyond your own team. You see, that way, you make your argument ready for the other people here. Sure, these rankings are insane, but not just because the giants aren't #1 (ZOMGGZZZZ GIANTZZZ) stats don't add up, the reasonings are weird and so on and so on.

giantsfan
09-17-2008, 02:33 PM
here's a tip, when trying not to look like a total homer, when ALL teams are discussed, try to look beyond your own team. You see, that way, you make your argument ready for the other people here. Sure, these rankings are insane, but not just because the giants aren't #1 (ZOMGGZZZZ GIANTZZZ) stats don't add up, the reasonings are weird and so on and so on.

Briliant, the fact that this article severily under-rates the value of a championship season just went over your head huh. Yes that hurts the giants in this ranking, but it's a freaking espn page 2 ranking, wtf do I care? I'm just comment on a major flaw in the way the author put his date together for this ranking.

Addict
09-17-2008, 02:38 PM
Briliant, the fact that this article severely under-rates the value of a championship season just went over your head huh. Yes that hurts the giants in this ranking, but it's a freaking espn page 2 ranking, wtf do I care? I'm just comment on a major flaw in the way the author put his date together for this ranking.

oh yeah I forgot that winning a superbowl last year instantly makes the Giants the best football team since the merger. And I didn't argue about the quality of the article, it's trash.

Dam8610
09-17-2008, 02:51 PM
No wonder the Colts are so low, it's since the merger. The only good thing Bob Irsay ever did was bring his team to Indianapolis. Fortunately, everything that Bob did wrong, Jim is doing right.

giantsfan
09-17-2008, 02:57 PM
oh yeah I forgot that winning a superbowl last year instantly makes the Giants the best football team since the merger. And I didn't argue about the quality of the article, it's trash.

Forget what my favorite team is for a second and listen to my argument...ready? Ok, as a fan winning a championship is so much more rewarding than being regularly good in the regular season. That being said winning 3 certainly should entitle a team to be ranked higher than other teams which haven't won any, cough vikings.

Addict
09-17-2008, 03:02 PM
Forget what my favorite team is for a second and listen to my argument...ready? Ok, as a fan winning a championship is so much more rewarding than being regularly good in the regular season. That being said winning 3 certainly should entitle a team to be ranked higher than other teams which haven't won any, cough vikings.

done. I didn't constest your point, did I? It's a bad, bad article and I really don't see what the point of it is. I agree championships are more important than the regular season, but in power rankings, they aren't necessarily, since it's on overall performance.

giantsfan
09-17-2008, 03:06 PM
done. I didn't constest your point, did I? It's a bad, bad article and I really don't see what the point of it is. I agree championships are more important than the regular season, but in power rankings, they aren't necessarily, since it's on overall performance.

You do realize that that sentence right there contests my statement. My comment was that any power ranking needs to give a championship season enough credit. You proceeded to imply that I was an ignorant who was pissed that the giants weren't the number 1 team in some crappy article, I don't see what reason you'd ahve for doing so considering what i'd posted and my argument in my previous post. BTW if you were trying to be funny my bad, i didn't mean to ruin your horrible attempt at humor.