PDA

View Full Version : Eric Norwood, DE/OLB, South Carolina

thebow305
09-18-2008, 11:49 AM
I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts on this guy? He was an end for USC last season and was moved to Linebacker during the spring. He seems like a very explosive edge rusher in the mold of LaMarr Woodley. Seems like a solid fit as a OLB in a 3-4.

CashmoneyDrew
09-18-2008, 12:07 PM
I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts on this guy? He was an end for USC last season and was moved to Linebacker during the spring. He seems like a very explosive edge rusher in the mold of LaMarr Woodley. Seems like a solid fit as a OLB in a 3-4.

South Carolina.

BigBanger
09-18-2008, 01:49 PM
South Carolina.
USC - Univeristy of South Carolina.

There's two of them.

I like Norwood a lot, and moving to an ILB role shows off his versatility even more. He'll be a good prospect in the 3rd to 4th round range where you can find a starter for your defense, and a guy who you can move around. He's pretty big playmaker.

princefielder28
09-18-2008, 02:04 PM

There's two of them.

There's only one

Maybe if South Carolina starts to win some games and a SEC title or two them maybe there's a discussion, but there's one, only one USC. South Carolina is South Carolina

SMoore
09-18-2008, 04:23 PM

There's two of them.

I like Norwood a lot, and moving to an ILB role shows off his versatility even more. He'll be a good prospect in the 3rd to 4th round range where you can find a starter for your defense, and a guy who you can move around. He's pretty big playmaker.

I would take him higher than the 3rd right now. The guy is athletic and is productive. I would have no problem taking him mid 2nd round.

STARHEATHER
09-22-2008, 07:56 PM
i like him very much for the 3-4. hes actually a bit more athletic than woodley and thats pretty good. hes shown the ability to be both lb and de and play them both at a high level consistently. you always hear his name called a lot in their games. he could be a rd 1-2 type

etk
09-27-2008, 07:31 PM
I like him best as a LDE in a 4-3. He's only 6', and I don't know many short edge rushers in the 3-4 currently. He played the run and pass well when he played End last year, and he's a hard worker.

Cigaro
09-28-2008, 11:46 AM

There's two of them.

He's an OLB.

His short size is a knock on him, but he's very active and an excellent rusher. I think if he came out next year he'd have a shot at being a late 1st, early 2nd for a 3-4 team.