PDA

View Full Version : Worst Starter on your team

wicket
09-18-2008, 03:57 PM
Totally original, not inspired at all by the thread already running in the college football section, I myself, so not somebody else, came up with the brilliant idea to have a worst starter thread. To at least start it off for NO.

Last year was easy because Jason David wasnt only our worst starter but the worst starter in the entire NFL. This year however its not as clearcut.
I'm really torn between shanle and stinchcomb but i'll give the nod to the latter. but hopefully carl nicks will start there in a couple of games.

comahan
09-18-2008, 03:59 PM
Jacques Reeves. At least until Dunta comes back.

Young Legend
09-18-2008, 03:59 PM
Javon Walker, Ronald Curry

Sniper
09-18-2008, 04:09 PM
SLB Chris Gocong. He's out of position in a 4-3. He should be a 3-4 OLB.

Honorable mention: LG Todd Herremans. I'm not a fan. FB Tony Hunt. Not a natural FB

I'm pretty pleased with the starters, but backups are more of a problem.

yo123
09-18-2008, 04:15 PM
Visanthe Shianoce no question.

Honorable mention to Ryan Cook and Cedric Griffin.

familyguy555
09-18-2008, 04:15 PM
Jeff Backus, George Foster, Stephen Peterman,

Babylon
09-18-2008, 04:17 PM
Old team (New England) Ben Watson

New Team (Seattle) Koren Robinson

TitleTown088
09-18-2008, 04:17 PM
Daryn College/Tony moll. Both are likely playin gonly because of injuries.

Menardo75
09-18-2008, 04:18 PM
Ronald Curry

Always thought he was better than that.

Mark Roman for sure takes the cake for that one.

Honerable mention to Zak Keasy and Aubryo Franklin.

CashmoneyDrew
09-18-2008, 04:20 PM
Vince Young, or Justin McCaerins.

Bills2083
09-18-2008, 04:20 PM
Keith Ellison at SLB.
With Crowell out for the season (at least with the Bills), Ellison was our next best option.

Ralph Wilson feels that Crowell quit on him...

per www.thebuffalonews.com (http://www.thebuffalonews.com) ...
Wilson seemed even more perturbed by Angelo Crowell's sudden decision to have arthroscopic knee surgery, two days before the opener. Ralph said he spoke with Crowell a couple of days before the announcement and Crowell told him he felt fine.

"No one is going to quit on me," Wilson said, making it pretty clear that he was in favor of placing Crowell on injured reserve and effectively ending his time as a player in Buffalo. The owner did point out that he has to pay Crowell while he's on IR and didn't sound that happy about it.

Matthew Jones
09-18-2008, 04:21 PM

How come you switched favorite teams? Did you move to Seattle?

New England Patriots

Offense: RB Laurence Maroney
Hasn't been able to get a rhythm going throughout his career. Dances around too much and doesn't break off a big run until a ways into the game usually. I wouldn't be opposed to starting other running backs (Jordan, Morris, or Faulk.) He's not a bad player but he hasn't turned into a workhorse back yet. That could be due to the scheme, but I don't know.

Defense: FS James Sanders
Again, not an awful player, but again, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing another starter, specifically Brandon Meriweather. Sanders isn't a super-fast player, and he's made some mental errors this year. He over-pursued a deep throw recently that looked really bad with additional viewings and let a player off the hook on a route over the middle, shying away from a huge hit.

CC.SD
09-18-2008, 04:23 PM
None of these guys have anything on Matt Wilhelm or Derek Smith, two ILBs in a 3-4 system with no coverage skills, no aggression, and no tackling ability. Luckily, there is already official word that they will be replaced soon.

Sniper
09-18-2008, 04:25 PM
None of these guys have anything on Matt Wilhelm or Derek Smith, two ILBs in a 3-4 system with no coverage skills, no aggression, and no tackling ability. Luckily, there is already official word that they will be replaced soon.

Wilhelm suffers from OSULBSITP. It's a chronic disorder.

Ohio State Linebackers sucking in the pros ;)

Menardo75
09-18-2008, 04:25 PM

Yeah really wondered about the Chargers getting Derek Smith.

giantsfan
09-18-2008, 04:29 PM
Let me think about this...JAMES FREAKING BUTLER!!!!!!!!! He's just so slow and his reaction time is slow to, for a guy who's supposed to be smart and like a coach out there he really out thinks himself which limits the poor mobility he already had.

Diehard
09-18-2008, 04:32 PM
Given the weakness of Denver's defense, being the "worst" in Broncoland is a particularly dubious honor...

My vote goes to the trash we play at MLB, Nate Webster. Our SLB's (Boss Bailey, Jamie Winborn) aren't a whole lot better, but the importance of the MLB position makes Webster an obvious weak link.

Dishonorable mention goes to Marquand Manuel at SS.

Joeyjr09
09-18-2008, 04:37 PM
Where do I start with the Dolphins. Ted Ginn, Derek Hagan, Chris Crocker are all equally bad.

However, Andre Goodman takes the cake.

He's this year's Jason David. Horrible.

abaddon41_80
09-18-2008, 04:42 PM
Aubrayo Franklin

Hon. Mentions: Mark Roman, Eric Heitmann, Jonas Jennings

Michigan
09-18-2008, 04:45 PM
Jeff BackUsUpTenYardsForHolding

Woody56
09-18-2008, 04:48 PM
For the Jets

SS Eric Smith

Brent
09-18-2008, 04:51 PM
Mark Roman/Aubrayo Franklin

It's a tie.

KCJ58
09-18-2008, 04:52 PM
Rams Offense/Rams Defense

it's a tie so far

Babylon
09-18-2008, 04:52 PM
[QUOTE=RavenOfProphecy;1220847]How come you switched favorite teams? Did you move to Seattle?

Exactly, the nice thing about having two teams is you can go with the one with the better record.:)

Damix
09-18-2008, 04:54 PM
LG Rich Seubert or SS James Butler.

Flyboy
09-18-2008, 04:57 PM
Totally original, not inspired at all by the thread already running in the college football section, I myself, so not somebody else, came up with the brilliant idea to have a worst starter thread. To at least start it off for NO.

Last year was easy because Jason David wasnt only our worst starter but the worst starter in the entire NFL. This year however its not as clearcut.
I'm really torn between shanle and stinchcomb but i'll give the nod to the latter. but hopefully carl nicks will start there in a couple of games.

Shanle, Stinchcomb or Nesbit are all solid candidates. I'd probably go with Nesbit, though.

SeanTaylorRIP
09-18-2008, 04:59 PM
Reed Doughty F u. You may be inspirational because you are half deaf but you are no more than an effing backup. Unbelievable that he keeps his job after Chris Horton in his first start of his career wins NFL defensive player of the week. Although Durant Brooks and Antwaan Randle El as the starting punt returner would also challenge for the spot. Randle El easily has been the worst punt returner in the NFL the past 3 years. I'd rather even have James Thrash return punts. I'd rather get 8 yards of straight running rather than -5 yards of going backwards. This isn't pop warner anymore.

bearsfan_51
09-18-2008, 05:10 PM
Kyle Orton or anyone we have at wide receiver.

PackerLegend
09-18-2008, 05:39 PM
Marquand Manuel and Mark Roman ahaha how happy I am there no longer Packers.

skinzzfan25
09-18-2008, 05:47 PM
Reed Doughty F u. You may be inspirational because you are half deaf but you are no more than an effing backup. Unbelievable that he keeps his job after Chris Horton in his first start of his career wins NFL defensive player of the week. Although Durant Brooks and Antwaan Randle El as the starting punt returner would also challenge for the spot. Randle El easily has been the worst punt returner in the NFL the past 3 years. I'd rather even have James Thrash return punts. I'd rather get 8 yards of straight running rather than -5 yards of going backwards. This isn't pop warner anymore.

Horton will get his PT. I'll bet he's gonna be starting next week.

TimD
09-18-2008, 05:48 PM
Um. Guess I have to say either Elam or Smith at FS. Or whoever is the 2nd starting Corner that game

jayceheathman
09-18-2008, 05:58 PM

C.C. Brown is pretty bad too.

Breaker
09-18-2008, 06:02 PM
I think it's a toss-up between Moron "dumbass" Greenwood and Jacques "I like my toast extra crispy" Reeves. If the creator of Madden actually watched football, both these players would be in the, oh let's say, 30-40 PR area.

Oh btw, both these players were the top FA signing for the Texans, in their respected off-season. Memo to Smith, stick with drafting players, screw FA.

Breaker
09-18-2008, 06:06 PM

Correction: At least until Kubiak realize Molden wouldn't do any worst.

*sidenote*: For all the people that hop on the Molden bandwagon during the combine, no he isn't stinking it up. He was actually doing pretty well during TC and pre-season games. He is just getting the rookie treatment, which is being brought into the defense slowly.

2nd year player, Fred Bennett, also went through the same phase. We had FAGgins starting opposite of Dunta for about until the 5th week, until it became so unbearable, and then we shifted Bennett into the starting role. The rest is history, Faggins is now buried in the depth chart and Bennett is now our #1 CB, he was a complete steal in the '07 draft.

MetSox17
09-18-2008, 06:21 PM
I think it's a toss-up between Moron "dumbass" Greenwood and Jacques "I like my toast extra crispy" Reeves. If the creator of Madden actually watched football, both these players would be in the, oh let's say, 30-40 PR area.

Oh btw, both these players were the top FA signing for the Texans, in their respected off-season. Memo to Smith, stick with drafting players, screw FA.

I don't understand the Texans throwing that much money at Reeves. Did they not see any tape of him last year? He got abused week in and week out. The only reason he started for us was because our starters took a while to get healthy.

As for the Cowboys, it's pretty easy.

Roy Williams, with an honorable mention to Cory Proctor.

Menardo75
09-18-2008, 06:24 PM
Marquand Manuel and Mark Roman ahaha how happy I am there no longer Packers.

You really should be.

Hines
09-18-2008, 06:24 PM
Offense: Kendall Simmons

Defense: Brett Keisel

Cribbs>Hester
09-18-2008, 06:26 PM
1. Willie McGinest

2. Derek Anderson
3. Hank Fraley
4. D'Qwell Jackson
5. Andra Davis

Breaker
09-18-2008, 06:27 PM
I don't understand the Texans throwing that much money at Reeves. Did they not see any tape of him last year? He got abused week in and week out. The only reason he started for us was because our starters took a while to get healthy.

As for the Cowboys, it's pretty easy.

Roy Williams, with an honorable mention to Cory Proctor.

Well, his contract is cap friendly, and he could easily be cut without suffering any major cap hit. Reeves is pretty much a one year rental, and I don't plan to see him pass this season. I guess the staff thought they could teach him techniques and make him servicable(til Dunta is back/Molden is ready). He supposedly have some good speed, so they must've saw some potential in him.

Btw, if anyone hasn't notice, The Texans has signed Eugene Wilson to play CB for us, so expect him to see him in the mix for #2 CB spot this season.

M.O.T.H.
09-18-2008, 06:28 PM
Yeah, Roy Williams is an obvious weak link on the Cowboys D...on offense, it's currently Procter but, I guess that would go to a healthy Kosier normally, who really isnt even all that bad at all.

doingthisinsteadofwork
09-18-2008, 06:28 PM
Javon Walker, Ronald CurryCornell Green and Deangelo Hall could also make a good case.

Fogartynyy2789
09-18-2008, 06:29 PM
2. Derek Anderson

Maybe if Braylon Edwards remembers how to catch you'll change your mind.

M.O.T.H.
09-18-2008, 06:29 PM
That was a massive fail for the Texans scouting department. Reeves cant play, it's as simple as that. He's pretty fast, that's it.

Menardo75
09-18-2008, 06:31 PM
Yeah, Roy Williams is an obvious weak link on the Cowboys D...on offense, it's currently Procter but, I guess that would go to a healthy Kosier normally, who really isnt even all that bad at all.

You really don't think he is that bad?

MetSox17
09-18-2008, 06:33 PM

Yep. Kosier/Proctor being the worst players on our offense is just a compliment to the rest of the guys.

M.O.T.H.
09-18-2008, 06:35 PM
You really don't think he is that bad?

The only place Kosier is ever really hated on, is this site. He has been solid for us. The guy can start for just about anyone. He's a steady player who hasnt been a problem since he's been here. He doesnt really fit the mold of the others on the line but, he is not a bad player.

Fogartynyy2789
09-18-2008, 06:35 PM
If you are a Texans fan - insert pathetic starting RB here.

NYG- Kevin Boss- only temporary but he needs to make a catch

keylime_5
09-18-2008, 06:40 PM
1. Willie McGinest

2. Derek Anderson
3. Hank Fraley
4. D'Qwell Jackson
5. Andra Davis

Wright hasn't been too hot lately either. L o t s O' problems on defense.

Menardo75
09-18-2008, 06:41 PM
The only place Kosier is ever really hated on, is this site. He has been solid for us. The guy can start for just about anyone. He's a steady player who hasnt been a problem since he's been here. He doesnt really fit the mold of the others on the line but, he is not a bad player.

It is just hard for me to believe because he was cast away from the niners when they were 2-14. I always thought he was next to the worst on a very bad o-line. From what I have seen it does'nt look like he has gotton much better. I guess he must not be doing too bad though since he has been starting their for a couple years.

M.O.T.H.
09-18-2008, 06:49 PM
It is just hard for me to believe because he was cast away from the niners when they were 2-14. I always thought he was next to the worst on a very bad o-line. From what I have seen it does'nt look like he has gotton much better. I guess he must not be doing too bad though since he has been starting their for a couple years.

He hasnt been bad. Most fans just want to get another big meany in there. He's steady but, he doesnt really play w/ that mean streak like the rest of the line and he is tiny, in comparison to the rest...but really, he's been solid over his two years. It's pretty easy to look "bad" when playing beside 4 pro bowl caliber lineman. He's usual unfairly criticized, he is who he is and again, that is a steady guard.

Pit Bull #53
09-18-2008, 06:56 PM
Justin McCareins doesn't even look like he knows how the hell to play WR out there. He's pretty worthless and is only playing because he "knows the system," which should tell you right away that he can't do anything else.

Menardo75
09-18-2008, 06:57 PM
He hasnt been bad. Most fans just want to get another big meany in there. He's steady but, he doesnt really play w/ that mean streak like the rest of the line and he is tiny, in comparison to the rest...but really, he's been solid over his two years. It's pretty easy to look "bad" when playing beside 4 pro bowl caliber lineman. He's usual unfairly criticized, he is who he is and again, that is a steady guard.

I'm kind of suprised then that they have not replaced him with someone who fits them better then. Guess I forgot to take into account he is playing alongside two of the leagues best.

locseti
09-18-2008, 07:01 PM
i dont like ricky brown at all..

TitanHope
09-18-2008, 07:03 PM
I'll second the nomination of Justin McCariens. Guy has to commit offensive pass-interference in order to get open. I had higher hopes for him, but hopefully he'll perform better against the Texans secondary.

Mr.Regular
09-18-2008, 07:16 PM
Tony Moll, but he's only starting because of injuries.... so Id have to say Daryn Colledge.

BlindSite
09-18-2008, 07:22 PM
Jeff King or Charles Godfrey (R)

Staubach12
09-18-2008, 07:23 PM
Roy Williams, I'd say. He's fairly horrible. After that... Kyle Kosier, maybe.

Cribbs>Hester
09-18-2008, 07:25 PM
Maybe if Braylon Edwards remembers how to catch you'll change your mind.

Hmm no. Pay attention to a game and then come talk to me. Edwards has 5 drops to Andersons 10(minimum) uncatchable passes.

Dam8610
09-18-2008, 07:25 PM
Right now? Turnstile...err...LT Charlie Johnson (COMPLETELY out of position).

When all starters return? Probably UT Keyunta Dawson, maybe RT Ryan Diem.

Cribbs>Hester
09-18-2008, 07:26 PM
Wright hasn't been too hot lately either. L o t s O' problems on defense.

Wow. Are you serious? Aren't you the one who was jumping my case earlier about getting on Eric Wright??? I still don't like Eric Wright and I think I forgot him because he'd probably be #5 on my list. It's close between him and Davis, but at least Davis tries hard.

Fogartynyy2789
09-18-2008, 07:35 PM
Hmm no. Pay attention to a game and then come talk to me. Edwards has 5 drops to Andersons 10(minimum) uncatchable passes.

I'm not saying Anderson has been great, but it's not his fault entirely that Cleveland's offense is terrible. Haha 5 drops for Braylon Edwards- he's crossing into Ashlie Lelie territory. Now Edwards will turn it around, but some of those drops are inexcusable. It also doesn't help that Jamal Lewis is averaging 3.1 yards a carry.

Cribbs>Hester
09-18-2008, 07:50 PM
I'm not saying Anderson has been great, but it's not his fault entirely that Cleveland's offense is terrible. Haha 5 drops for Braylon Edwards- he's crossing into Ashlie Lelie territory. Now Edwards will turn it around, but some of those drops are inexcusable. It also doesn't help that Jamal Lewis is averaging 3.1 yards a carry.

I never said it was his fault the offense isn't performing either. I've never liked Anderson. He has choked every game he's ever played against a winning team or been under pressure(Cincinnati). He's can't throw a short or midrange ball to save his life. He's Daunte Culpepper v2.0 Without a great deepthreat he's nothing.

disclaimer: I'm not too found of Brady Quinn either

America
09-18-2008, 07:56 PM

You don't know ****. Greenwood is a good player.

Fogartynyy2789
09-18-2008, 07:58 PM
I never said it was his fault the offense isn't performing either. I've never liked Anderson. He has choked every game he's ever played against a winning team or been under pressure(Cincinnati). He's can't throw a short or midrange ball to save his life. He's Daunte Culpepper v2.0 Without a great deepthreat he's nothing.

disclaimer: I'm not too found of Brady Quinn either

If you're comparing him to Culpepper on the Vikings then you have one hell of a player dude. I agree with you on the short passes, he's horrible on those I think somewhere right around 50-52%. On the midrange throw 10-20 he's a lot better than you think, seeing how Winslow does most of his damage in that range.

Would you rather have Quinn as the starter though?

Caddy
09-18-2008, 08:02 PM
I've never been a fan of Kevin Carter.. or perhaps Michael "I'll tease you with one great year and then be **** the rest of my career" Clayton.

regoob2
09-18-2008, 08:18 PM
John St Clair, Josh Beekman, Brandon Lloyd, Kyle Orton. Pick one of them.

LonghornsLegend
09-18-2008, 08:22 PM
I think for Dallas its our LG spot, Cory Proctor is pretty bad but even with Kyle Kosier back healthy at LG he's probably the worst starter on offense if I had to pick one...On defense Roy Williams, close 2nd probably goes to Bradie James.

Breaker
09-18-2008, 08:25 PM
You don't know ****. Greenwood is a good player.

Wow, what a compelling argument you gave there! Thanks for enlightening me today, with your reasons on why Moron doesn't suck. You really change a person whole perspective today! NOT!:rolleyes:

I'm sure saying a person doesn't know **** is enough to justify a players ****ty game he gives out on the field.

themaninblack
09-18-2008, 08:27 PM
Eric Ghiaciuc without question is the worst starter we have. He is on his ass more than any lineman I've ever seen. I miss Richie Braham.

Breaker
09-18-2008, 08:29 PM
Oh btw, you see how I made a decent post? I didn't have to cuss at another poster to get my point across.

For example: If I was you, I would post a respond to yours, somewhere along the line of this - "Nuh-uhhhh!!!! You iz the one that know no ****, Morrrron does too suck indefinitely."

PoopSandwich
09-18-2008, 08:46 PM
Mike Adams because Sean Jones is hurt, other than that when healty, our linebackers suck.

ATLDirtyBirds
09-18-2008, 08:49 PM
Jamaal Anderson takes it.

aNYtitan
09-18-2008, 08:51 PM
I guess it would be Kerry Collins, though Roydell Williams comes in second just because he would probably be a slot receiver on most other teams.

P-L
09-18-2008, 08:58 PM
Everybody. Except Calvin Johnson.

Menardo75
09-18-2008, 09:03 PM
Right now? Turnstile...err...LT Charlie Johnson (COMPLETELY out of position).

When all starters return? Probably UT Keyunta Dawson, maybe RT Ryan Diem.

I thought Diem was one of your better lineman behind Saturday?

scottyboy
09-18-2008, 09:10 PM
If you are a Texans fan - insert pathetic starting RB here.

NYG- Kevin Boss- only temporary but he needs to make a catch

wait? really? Boss? He's been thrown to 3 times, and his catch called back of holding...

it's easily James Butler for the Giants, hands down. He's just...well...not a good NFL safety. he's so trbl.

and Damix, while Seubert isn't really good, he's a tough mauling SOB which works fine for Jacobs :D

but being big, tough and scary and having number 69 and run blocking is all he's good at

Pit Bull #53
09-18-2008, 09:10 PM
I guess it would be Kerry Collins, though Roydell Williams comes in second just because he would probably be a slot receiver on most other teams.

Roydell was cut...

neko4
09-18-2008, 09:11 PM

I didnt know Koren Robinson was playing for Seattle again

Green Bay - Colledge easily. Not a lot of weak links right now. Id like to see Rouse put in over Collins if he doesnt start playing better, but Collins has done good enough so far.

PalmerToCJ
09-18-2008, 09:22 PM
Center - Eric Ghiaciuc

GB12
09-18-2008, 09:38 PM
Right now at this very moment: Aaron Rouse

Not counting any injuries: Whoever ends up starting at guard opposite Jason Spitz.

Paranoidmoonduck
09-18-2008, 09:41 PM
Hmm, this is actually pretty interesting with regard to the Raiders. Ricky Brown, the starting SAM Linebacker, is pretty unknown and unproven, but he's actually performed decently.

I'm going to have to go with Cornell Green, the starting Right Tackle, but if the Raiders have to turn to starting guys like recent 7th round pick Chaz Schilens, then I might have to change my answer.

Babylon
09-18-2008, 09:45 PM
[QUOTE=neko4;1221231]I didnt know Koren Robinson was playing for Seattle again

The Hawks signed him this week. Sort of interesting because they let him go a couple of years ago because of his behavior. Take your pick as far as widouts go and that would be their weakest link.

neko4
09-18-2008, 09:47 PM
Right now at this very moment: Aaron Rouse

Not counting any injuries: Whoever ends up starting at guard opposite Jason Spitz.
Did he really play that bad? We shut them down in the first half and it looked like we just played kind of soft in the 2nd half and let them get back in it.

Dam8610
09-18-2008, 10:12 PM
I thought Diem was one of your better lineman behind Saturday?

You thought wrong. Diem is a decent run blocker, but he can't handle any kind of pass rusher on his side. If I had to pick a hierarchy of Colts OL based on all being healthy and in their proper positions, it would likely go: Tony Ugoh, Jeff Saturday, Mike Pollak, Steve Justice, Charlie Johnson, Ryan Diem, Jamey Richard, Corey Hilliard/Daniel Federkiel.

Yung Flippa
09-18-2008, 10:30 PM
Jacques Reeves for Houston, try to beat that!

Baltimore weakest links as a starter would probably have to be Jared Gaither or Adam Terry, but they're looking solid, even though its been only one game.

XxXdragonXxX
09-19-2008, 02:02 AM
It's a tossup between Courtney Taylor and Brian Russell.

Pb&j
09-19-2008, 02:10 AM
For the browns there is no question in my mind the worst starter right now is Syndric Steptoe. He is 5'8" and slow.

Mike Adams is decent, not great, was going to be the starting nickleback before injuries to safeties. The defense has much more talent and are better starters comparably than Syndric Steptoe at WR. The offense is nothing without a threat after Edwards and Winslow.

Plus, of course the defense looked bad, they played good offenses. After the first two weeks last year everyone thought the Giants d sucked... not saying the browns are the giants, just pointing out they played good offenses.

Burns336
09-19-2008, 02:17 AM
With Roy Williams out some may think the easy choice is Cory Proctor (Kosier's backup and current starter at LG), or you may even go with Marcus Spears...

But no my friends, the worst starter on the Cowboys and possible the most overhyped "team captain" in the league -- Bradie James -- happens to be our worst starter. I'm not sure if he even has a tackle now that Zach is here and he really does NOTHING well, at all. No coverage, poor tackling, poor angles, sloppy/clumsy.

stephenson86
09-19-2008, 05:31 AM
ryan fowler, cant stand the guy, think hes useless

Cribbs>Hester
09-19-2008, 05:37 AM
Are all the Browns fans delusional and caught up in the past living on name reputation alone except me? How can you, with a strait face, honestly say Willie McGinest is not the worst starter on the team? He's slower than the 2nd coming of Christ. He runs by plays in the backfield and it takes him so long to get out of his stance the offensive tackle can pay more attention to a possible delaying blitzer before they have to engage Willie.

Willie is a good vet leader to teach our young guys, but he needs to start seeing far less reps per game. Romeo's loyalty is sickening.

vidae
09-19-2008, 06:05 AM
Wow. This is too tough to pick, but I'll give it a shot.

Damion McIntosh gets beat way too often. Way too often. Pat Thomas isn't very impressive either.

Sweepem
09-19-2008, 06:24 AM
Pick one of those 3 clowns:

Jason "I can throw the ball 80 yards but i have no accuracy" Campbell, Stephon "local scrub" Heyer and last but not least Kedric Golston.

diabsoule
09-19-2008, 06:32 AM
John Stinchcomb and Jamar Nesbit for the Saints.

eaglesalltheway
09-19-2008, 07:04 AM
Jeff King or Charles Godfrey (R)

What happened to King being a very good TE Blindsite? I'm not trying to call you out or anything, but two or three months ago you were saying how he is a top 15 TE, or something along the lines of that.

eaglesalltheway
09-19-2008, 07:16 AM
For the Eagles, right now, I'd have to say Hank Baskett. With our top two WRs out he is starting and is best served in a #3 or #4 role. Chris Gocong, our SLB would be our weakest when everyone is healthy, but the kid still amkes great plays in the run game and reaches the QB. He is the first LB off the field in passing situations, so he is on the field the least of our LBs.
Sniper, I disagree strongly about Herremans. He has played great wehn healthy and he is healthy.

Yatta!
09-19-2008, 07:22 AM
Just to echo the sentiments of Packer fans - currently Tony Moll, generally Daryn Colledge.

Modano
09-19-2008, 08:45 AM
Pick one of those 3 clowns:

Jason "I can throw the ball 80 yards but i have no accuracy" Campbell, Stephon "local scrub" Heyer and last but not least Kedric Golston.

Weren't skins fan hyping Golston up his rookie year? I remember a lot of posters on this site saying that he was gonna be something special and so on... Or I'm confusing him with someone else?

Sweepem
09-19-2008, 08:55 AM
Weren't skins fan hyping Golston up his rookie year? I remember a lot of posters on this site saying that he was gonna be something special and so on... Or I'm confusing him with someone else?

that must be the same guys who think that Campbell will be a pro bowler *lol*

PACKmanN
09-19-2008, 09:01 AM
Easily Daryn Colledge as a guard. But for some reason when he plays some tackle, he a different player all together.

Jughead10
09-19-2008, 09:39 AM
wait? really? Boss? He's been thrown to 3 times, and his catch called back of holding...

it's easily James Butler for the Giants, hands down. He's just...well...not a good NFL safety. he's so trbl.

and Damix, while Seubert isn't really good, he's a tough mauling SOB which works fine for Jacobs :D

but being big, tough and scary and having number 69 and run blocking is all he's good at

Like every Giants fan said, it is James Butler. Hopefully by the end of the year they have Phillips starting at SS. I know they like him better at FS so he can ballhawk, but he can certainly play either. I know BBD said he doesn't like Michael Johnson at SS because he takes bad angles, but he can't be worse than Butler at that position and Johnson can hit.

I agree Seubert is just fine. He fits the mold of exactly what Coughlin wants on the inside. I'd say O'Hara is the weakest point on the line.

Other than that, I can't get on Boss yet. He made big catches in the playoffs. I wouldn't expect him to have a big year. Coughlin does not like the TE position. I think he felt obligated to throw to Shockey the little amount he did. TE are used for blocking more in his scheme.

So besides Butler, I'd say both our OLBs are our weakest position. The scheme helps them look better than they are. Wilkinson is already splitting time with rookie Kehl.

Brent
09-19-2008, 09:39 AM
Mike Adams
When the Niners let you go while going 4-12, you know you're terrible.

throwback54milkman
09-19-2008, 10:00 AM
Jets used to be Ben Graham before we cut his a**, now I'd say Eric Smith but it's not really his fault, he's not a starting player, kinda just by default. So maybe Eric Barton.

CashmoneyDrew
09-19-2008, 11:28 AM
Don't know how I forgot Ryan Fowler. On probably any other team, Stephen Tulloch would make him his *****.

Pb&j
09-19-2008, 11:35 AM
When the Niners let you go while going 4-12, you know you're terrible.

Yeah, and when the Browns let you go when they are 5-11 you are terrible... Anthony Henry?

Willie McGinnist is not a top pass rusher any more, but he is one of the top run stopping linebackers on the team. To complain about Willie McGinnist for not being a top pass rusher and "just collecting a paycheck" shows you don't watch the games closely, you just read the OBR too much.

bored of education
09-19-2008, 12:00 PM
Hmm on the chiefs......hmmmmmm so many to chose from.

damion mcintosh at RT

luee
09-19-2008, 12:21 PM
probably Gerris Wilkinson at WLB, but worst on the champs is pretty decent.

HawkeyeFan
09-19-2008, 12:38 PM
Corey Chavous...OR...La'Roi Glover

defensiveback23
09-19-2008, 09:56 PM
Definitely the ILB's for SD. We really need Cooper back bad.

RaiderNation
09-19-2008, 10:04 PM
Any WR on Oakland

Cribbs>Hester
09-19-2008, 10:10 PM
Yeah, and when the Browns let you go when they are 5-11 you are terrible... Anthony Henry?

Willie McGinnist is not a top pass rusher any more, but he is one of the top run stopping linebackers on the team. To complain about Willie McGinnist for not being a top pass rusher and "just collecting a paycheck" shows you don't watch the games closely, you just read the OBR too much.

Yep, obviously you're one of those Browns fans living in the past on name alone. Did you not watch the last two games? Everyone time we'd stuff the run up the middle they would just bounce it to the outside and Willie couldn't move quick enough to keep them from turning the corner. Oh, wait or how about this hum dinger...did you not see Willie McGinest completely blow by Willie Parker in the backfield last Sunday Night? Parker should have been dead to rights, but broke down Willie McWorthless couldn't control his body enough to slow down and make a form tackle. Instead he flew in uncontroled and couldn't break down to make a stop and Parker bounced it for a 1st down.

He's a joke and so many Browns fans and their false hopes are making me sick. You're the same fans who wanted us to keep Reuben Droughns just because OMGZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ he ran for 1000 yards!!! The same fans who were against me when I wanted to get rid of Andruzzi and Coleman and the same fans who ripped me for my hate of Leigh Bodden. You jump on halfway decent players nuts and big names players nut just in false hope that we may actually have a good team right around the corner when the truth of the matter is we're still a long ways away from being a Top 10 team.

Menardo75
09-20-2008, 02:08 AM
Yep, obviously you're one of those Browns fans living in the past on name alone. Did you not watch the last two games? Everyone time we'd stuff the run up the middle they would just bounce it to the outside and Willie couldn't move quick enough to keep them from turning the corner. Oh, wait or how about this hum dinger...did you not see Willie McGinest completely blow by Willie Parker in the backfield last Sunday Night? Parker should have been dead to rights, but broke down Willie McWorthless couldn't control his body enough to slow down and make a form tackle. Instead he flew in uncontroled and couldn't break down to make a stop and Parker bounced it for a 1st down.

He's a joke and so many Browns fans and their false hopes are making me sick. You're the same fans who wanted us to keep Reuben Droughns just because OMGZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ he ran for 1000 yards!!! The same fans who were against me when I wanted to get rid of Andruzzi and Coleman and the same fans who ripped me for my hate of Leigh Bodden. You jump on halfway decent players nuts and big names players nut just in false hope that we may actually have a good team right around the corner when the truth of the matter is we're still a long ways away from being a Top 10 team.

Did you want Derek Anderson gone too?

Burns336
09-20-2008, 02:43 AM

Whats wrong with Anthony Henry? He gets injured a lot but seems to play good enough when healthy.

Cribbs>Hester
09-20-2008, 03:13 AM
Did you want Derek Anderson gone too?

No. As much as I don't like Anderson QB is too hard to simply replace with a draft pick of free agent pick up(New Orleans got lucky). I don't like Derek Anderson, but Brady Quinn hasn't proven to be very effect either...and he wasn't even going against full strenght defenses.

Gay Ork Wang
09-20-2008, 04:59 AM
the Bears Offense besides Forte and Kreutz

scottyboy
09-20-2008, 05:52 AM

Reuben Droughns>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tim Carter

Menardo75
09-20-2008, 01:48 PM
No. As much as I don't like Anderson QB is too hard to simply replace with a draft pick of free agent pick up(New Orleans got lucky). I don't like Derek Anderson, but Brady Quinn hasn't proven to be very effect either...and he wasn't even going against full strenght defenses.

29 TDs.......

Go_Eagles77
09-20-2008, 03:02 PM
For the eagles it's really a hard choice, I know this makes me sound like a homer but we really don't have any terrible starters, everyone is at least solid. I'd probably go with Darren Howard/Juqua Parker whoever is the starter at LDE. They probably get equal time there. Maybe LJ Smith.

09-20-2008, 03:14 PM
For the Raiders you could have your choice of any receiver. Ronald Curry's play gives him the title for now.

diesel
09-20-2008, 04:45 PM
Dallas probably...
Defense - Roy Willie/Marcus Spears
Offense - Kosier
Special Teams - Coach

awfullyquiet
09-20-2008, 05:25 PM

Hey tait is good too! And so his hester, just not on offense...

Worst starter for the bears?

Marty Booker. God, that's so weird saying again.

BrownsTown
09-20-2008, 05:29 PM
Syndric Steptoe. Gag.

BeerBaron
09-20-2008, 05:36 PM

we have a halfway decent set of TE's too.

since our offense is way too easy, i'll try to pick out the bears worst starter on defense...which is...hmm...

i'd go with kevin payne. he hasn't been awful but hes not really up to par with the quality of the other players on defense imo.

scar988
09-20-2008, 05:54 PM
wow. for the Falcons it has to be hartsock at TE.

thebow305
09-20-2008, 06:29 PM
Gotta be Andre Goodman. I would've said Chris Crocker, but he is out of the starting lineup now. Thank god!

T-RICH49
09-20-2008, 06:29 PM
Damion McInjurytosh for KC

TheBuffaloBills
09-20-2008, 11:21 PM
I would say Robert Royal for the Bills. He is not bad, but he could be so much better.

NY+Giants=NYG
09-20-2008, 11:39 PM
Butler? He gets everyone lined up in the secondary! Tell me how many breakdowns and deep TD passes we give up? This whole Butler being bad thing is all fan hype. Ask Spags if he would keep a bad SS in the secondary making the calls, FOR A SUPERBOWL TEAM, if he sucked that bad?

StripedWalrus
09-21-2008, 12:36 AM
Center - Eric Ghiaciuc

Thornton Comes in second.

scottyboy
09-21-2008, 07:42 AM
Butler? He gets everyone lined up in the secondary! Tell me how many breakdowns and deep TD passes we give up? This whole Butler being bad thing is all fan hype. Ask Spags if he would keep a bad SS in the secondary making the calls, FOR A SUPERBOWL TEAM, if he sucked that bad?

he is probably the least talented. He gets everyone else lined up great, yes, but then proceeds to get his ass torched on passing plays. It's between him and Danny Clark really. he's smart and the QB of the D, but he can't cover.

or tackle for that matter

Jughead10
09-21-2008, 10:21 AM

Well our pass rush probably has something to do with the fact long pass play can't develop. As for long pass plays? Driver in the NFC championship game and Randy Moss week 17 last year. Just off the of my head without really thinking about it.

Smooth Criminal
09-21-2008, 10:34 AM
Steelers is either Kendall Simmons or Brett Keisel.

NY+Giants=NYG
09-21-2008, 10:36 AM
he is probably the least talented. He gets everyone else lined up great, yes, but then proceeds to get his ass torched on passing plays. It's between him and Danny Clark really. he's smart and the QB of the D, but he can't cover.

or tackle for that matter

That's just Giants fan BS. What play? The Gb play, where he was playing injuried? Besides that play he has done a great job for us. We have very few breakdowns in the secondary because of him.

Well our pass rush probably has something to do with the fact long pass play can't develop. As for long pass plays? Driver in the NFC championship game and Randy Moss week 17 last year. Just off the of my head without really thinking about it.

Watch that CB in the GB game. He completely got owned while jamming Driver, not to mention he was hurt that game. O yeah, focus on Wilson and the horrible angle he takes and ends up falling behind Driver. As far as Randy Moss and Butler, are you kidding me? Butler, is not the worst player, is my argument, not god! He isn't going to cover or get close to Moss. Moss does what he always does he gets behind the safties and Cbs and makes plays. That's why he is Randy Moss.

In my opinion. Gerris Wilk is the worst starter. The fact that he is rotating in with a rookie is bad enough. Also talking to the beat writers and reading their blogs, it would seem that Kuel still hasn't gotten the mental part of the game down yet, but still on the field due to his athletic ability, which is a huge slap in the face for Gerris, who has been in this system longer. So I would say he is the worst starter on the team.

This whole Butler thing is so dumb. I will ask one of my coaching buddies who explained it alot better than I on how Butler did. He is a DC, and actually explained it very, very well. But worse starter on the field? No, not even close!

scottyboy
09-21-2008, 11:24 AM
shocking, in terms of talent, he probably is. He misses WAY too many tackles and takes horrible angles. he starts because he's the DC on the field. He does excellent job there, he really does. But he's a very sloppy tackler and takes just god awful angles. Wilk has been struggling, but he's still hurt too, not 100%.